You and Me | โœ“

By sreeeshaa

๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’• ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’”, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’Š๐’• ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ด๐’† ... More

00
Family Tree
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
Epilogue
MIHIR'S BOOK!!!!
Fun Facts!
๐Ÿ“ฃ
new book!

20

151K 9.2K 837
By sreeeshaa

Amrit kept humming random songs as they made their way inside or more like...Roop tried to get him to walk inside the house.

"I like here...fresh air!" He said, immediately starting to get excited over the rhyme he just made.

"Why did you even drink?" She asked, pulling him inside the front door, and locking it behind her.

"I not drunk."

"Yes, you are."

"You're pretty." He turned to her, looking at her face closely, "You have something there." He pointed out, touching her forehead with his forefinger to ease the frown.

"Okay, let's go inside."

"But-"

"Chup chap upar chalein aap issey pehle mai mummy ji ko uthaun jaa kar." She threatened him as he kept trying to go outside and Roop couldn't pull him because of their obvious weight difference.
(Just come upstairs quietly before I go and wake your mom up)

"Mean." He frowned before following her upstairs. He dropped himself on the floor as soon as they entered their room, "I'm tired." He let out a big sigh.

"Wahan thode na baith te hain, khade hoiye!" She pulled his arms, shaking her head at his actions because what the hell he was even doing?
(You can't sit there, stand up!)

"Me tired." He replied, going to lie down on the floor but she pulled him again.

"Stand up," Roop ordered, a warning clear in her voice as she looked at him, mumbling some incoherent words, he stood up, looking at her with an annoyed expression.

She ignored his reactions, pushing him inside the bathroom. Picking up his toothbrush, Roop put some toothpaste on it before shoving it in his mouth.

"Brush your teeth, your mouth stinks." Her nose scrunched up from the smell, he again tried to say something but the words came out jumbled and hard to understand.

Amrit spent the next 2 minutes brushing his teeth, although he finished he wanted to stop so many times but his wife was glaring at him through the mirror, challenging him to drop the brush.

Rinsing his mouth, he turned to her like an obedient child, Roop wiped his face with a hand towel, "Aise koi itna drink karta hai kya ki hosh hi na rahe? And it's a bad thing...you shouldn't drink-"

(Who even drinks so much that he loses his conscious state of mind? And it's a bad thing...you shouldn't drink-)

She couldn't complete her sentence as he kept a finger on her lips, "You're cute."

"Bahar chalein." She said, removing his finger and taking him out of the bathroom, her eyes drifting off to the clock before going back to him.
(Move out)

She felt her grip loosening on his hand as he dropped himself on the bed, spreading his arms wide. With one hand, he patted the bed, "Come here."

"No, change first." She shook her head.

He got up in a sitting position, gesturing her to come closer as he grabbed her hand only to pull her over him, caging her in his arms.

"You're soft." He mumbled, turning them over so Roop was under him, making sure she can't escape, "And cuddly."

"Aap-"

"Shh, I'm sleeping." He shushed her, keeping his head on her shoulder.

She didn't respond, trying to calm herself down, on one hand, she was having that fluttery feeling inside but on the other hand, there was a fear gripping her mind, what if he got angry when he was sober in the morning?

"Roop?" He whispered after a minute, raising himself up on his elbow, his finger tracing her face.

"Hmm?"

"I like you..alot." he said, a lazy smile on his lips, she smiled in return, a slight blush coating her cheeks at their close proximity.

Gathering some courage, she kept a hand over his cheek, feeling a little ticklish because of his light stubble.

"Happy birthday." She whispered, pressing a little kiss on the tip of his nose.

"You remembered?" He asked, a beautiful smile spreading on his lips, his hazel eyes shining in glee.

"Ofcourse I did." She replied, "Do you want your gifts now or later?" She asked, not being able to contain her excitement.

It had been almost two weeks since she was hiding his gifts and now that the clock finally struck 12, she couldn't wait to give him all the gifts. She pushed him off of her, going to get off the bed but he pulled her back.

"It's okay-"

"Nahii naa!" She whined, pulling her wrist out of his grip before rushing to the closet, pulling open the drawer where she kept her secret snacks and picked out a bottle of lemonade and rushed back to him, "Mann to nahi kar raha aapko dene ka...par aap ye lo tab tak mai aayi." She handed him the bottle before going back.
(No!!!! / I don't wanna give this to you but you drink this till I come back)

While taking the gifts out she suddenly remembered the day he drank all her lemonade and didn't even apologize for it, the vengeful part of her wanted to take it back from him but since it was his birthday, she decided against it.

Collecting all the gifts in her dupatta, she went back to him, dropping all of them on the bed as she took a seat beside him.

"Open them!"

She didn't realize how close she was sitting to him in her excitement, her whole side was pressed to his as she was practically sitting on his lap.

"All these are for me?" He asked, looking at her in confusion, there seemed to be too many gifts for a single person.

He got multiple nods as a reply, "You turned 30 so I got 30 gifts for you!" She replied, she was excited as if it was her birthday and she was on the receiving end but in reality it was for the very first time she got to buy gifts for someone other than her sister since no one else appreciated her efforts.

"Roop.."

"Open them." She repeated.

"Okay." He picked up the smallest gift, unwrapping it slowly. It turned out to be a keychain, he raised it to see the design.

"I got this for your car keys, I noticed you didn't have one." She explained, waiting for him to open other gifts so she could explain the reason behind all of them one by one.

He opened a few more, perfumes, watches, shirts, jackets, you name something and Roop bought it. She didn't know most things he liked so she got what she liked, hoping he would like it too.

"This...Roop you didn't have to spend so much-"

"No shh, I never had someone to spend my money on but now I have you...and it wasn't that expensive." She cut him off, shaking her head. The last part of her sentence was a lie because everything was really expensive but she didn't regret buying a single thing.

"These are diamonds." He argued, feeling bad for accepting an expensive gift.

"Do you not like it? It has our initials engraved on the inside, see." She took the ring from his hands, showing him the engravings, "You only have one ring so I got you one more." She smiled, slipping it
on his finger.

"Thankyou." He kissed her forehead, looking at the leftover gifts, "Do you want to open one of them?" He asked to which Roop just shook her head, gesturing him to open them himself.

She was waiting for him to open the box that had a gold chain inside but it seemed like he kept picking up something else.

He tore open another gift, it contained a night suit that he immediately wore, not caring about undressing right infront of her.

"Oooof." She closed her eyes, peeking through her fingers, "Are you done?" She asked, knowing full well that he wasn't.

"Yes." He replied, not bothering to wear the shirt as he took a seat again.

"What are you doing?" A shriek left her mouth as she maintained some distance between them but he just lunged toward her.

"What? You don't have to sneak a look now, all yours darlin'." He hugged her, making her pull away.

"Tang na karein." She closed her eyes tightly, her face scrunching up in annoyance but her insides were telling a whole different story, forget butterflies, the whole zoo was dancing inside her stomach.
(Stop annoying me)

"Thankyou Roop." He whispered, breaking the hug to open the rest of the gifts, there were alot of feelings...alot of foreign feelings he had these days and he didn't know if he should be afraid or happy.

"What's your favourite?" She asked, seeing him open the last gift.

"Every single one." He replied, trying to wear the chain around his neck but he couldn't.

"Let me?"

"Yes please, thankyou." He handed it to her, leaning forward so she could make him wear it. This time she didn't tell him but the chain too had their initials on it, on the lock but it was better left unknown to him.

The next few minutes were spent in keeping all the gifts safely in the closet till there was a banging on their door.

"Tell them I'm asleep." Amrit jumped on the bed, covering himself with the duvet.

"They're here to wish you.." She frowned.

"Please? I'll give you a kiss." He tried to bargain, only to make her hit him with a cushion as she ran to open the door, "Yaar Roop, mazaak tha yaar!" He whined but she ignored him, pulling the door open.
(I was joking!)

"Happy Birthday!" His whole family sang as they entered with a cake in their hands.

"We wanted to wish you at 12 par chachi ne aane ni dia." Mihir complained, Rahil just took that as an excuse to hit the back of his head, "Oww."
(We wanted to wish you at 12 but aunt didn't let us)

"Rahil!" His mother twisted his ear.

"Mummy! Iski shadi karwao na, tang kar rakha hai sabko." Rahil defended his actions, Amrit and Roop were just an excuse, he wanted to take revenge for things Mihir did to him and Avni.
(Mom! Get him married, he keeps troubling everyone)

"Maine ladki dekh rakhi hai!" Mihir offered, looking at his parents hopefully.
(I've selected the girl!)

"Excuse me?" His mother turned to him, leaving Rahil's ear.

"Guys guys, the cake!" Ishani reminded them, lighting up the candle one more time. Roop threw the shirt of the night suit to Amrit since he was looking for it everywhere but couldn't find it.

"I think we interrupted something." Mihir commented with a sorrowful voice, earning another smack but from his dad this time.

The next thirty minutes were spent in the cake cutting and wishes, Amrit closed the door behind them with a sigh, "Man, I feel so sober now." He shook his head, dropping himself on the bed tiredly.

"Happy Birthday." Roop wished him again, poking his cheek.

"Can I ask for one more thing?" He looked up at her, sitting up.

"Yes." She nodded, trying to think what else she could've gifted him that he has to ask for it.

"Next time you call me, use my name, It's been almost 5 months to our marriage and you haven't used my name once." He replied, finally telling her the thing that has been bothering him for a while.

In lesser words, he was dying to hear her call his name but it seemed like she was testing his patience.

"I feel..ajeeb?" She replied. (weird)

"What's ajeeb in my name? I call you by your name." He frowned at her response.

"I don't know..it's just ajeeb!" She replied, having no justification for her feeling. "I have never thought about it and it's-"

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, interrupting her in middle.

...
Can he kiss her?

Anyways, enjoy reading and gave a good day <333333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 30.8K 76
*NOT EDITED* This story is about three couples.... ................... ""Get ready," he said, noticing her fierce expression. "I won't be getting re...
1.2M 57.1K 59
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐’‘๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’† ๐‘ต๐’๐’• ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’† ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’”; It started with his love. Will it end with...
172K 11.7K 14
" Mr. Raichand, I don't need your help in my personal matters. You are my boss, not my therapist. I don't find it professional." I told the man sitti...
25.3K 1.9K 15
"๐‘ช๐’‚๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’• ๐’‚ ๐’Œ๐’Š๐’”๐’”? ๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’Œ๐’† ๐’Š๐’• ๐’๐’‚๐’”๐’• ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“?" โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข "Only 5 months into this marriage, and we'll part our...