Journey To My World??

By PetitMarshmallow

"Hey May, sorry for taking a bit to answer. I, um, have some very unexpected guests." "It's all good. What do... More

Chapter 1 - I Must Be Dreaming
Chapter 3 - I Feel So Cursed
Chapter 4 - Rollercoaster of Emotions
Chapter 5 - Heartaches
Chapter 6 - Panic Attacks
Chapter 7 - His View
Chapter 8 - Growth
Author's Note
Chapter 9 - Party Time
Chapter 10 - The Move
Chapter 11 - Peaches and Love
Chapter 12 - Trauma of the Past
Chapter 13 - Confrontation
Author's Note

Chapter 2 - Doubts and Food

991 33 9
By PetitMarshmallow

So far the trip to the market isn't a disaster, though I did have to keep Wukong from stealing something as if I didn't have the money to buy it. He didn't make it any easier when we arrived at the register to check out. He nearly caused a scene from bursting out laughing over the comment the sweet older lady that was ringing up our groceries said. I didn't know what it was she said until the disguised monkey decided to repeat what she said in English. She had said we looked like a lovely little couple, but instead of telling her we aren't dating he just laughed. It filled me with so many different emotions, but I did my best to hide it behind a smile. I apologized to her for his behavior as I paid for everything. Once everything was paid for I grabbed some of the bags while Wukong grabbed the rest and quickly headed out of the store.

"Hey! What's got you in a rush?" I just ignored my companion as I made my way to my car. I know this'll just annoy him, but right now I don't care. I just want to get home so I can make dinner and have this day end already. I was going to keep ignoring Wukong if it wasn't for the way he pinned me against the back of my car when we were done putting the bags in the trunk. I could see in his eyes the emotions he was trying his best to not completely take over to avoid drawing attention to us in a public place, as if he hadn't pretty much done that in the store.

"I don't appreciate being ignored. Now tell me, why are you in such a rush." I didn't answer him, just staring into his eyes until I broke eye contact. I looked everywhere, but him to keep my emotions in check. He's really taking a toll on me without even being aware of it, or he knows and is just acting like an oblivious idiot to see how far he can go with it. "I just want to get home so I can get dinner started." I say as I look back at him, which was to see if he'd actually believe me. Though I doubt it. We have another staring contest before he moves away from me. "You could have just said that in the first place." I hold back a scoff and just nod. The drive home was quiet, which made it feel like it was taking longer to get home. However, it was roughly the same amount of time spent driving to the store.

I backed into the driveway to make taking in the groceries easier and quicker. I didn't say much else to Wukong as we got the groceries out and took them inside other than telling him where to put everything. I did notice that as soon as I closed the front door he easily transformed back to his normal self. Yet I made no comment on it since it wasn't my priority. Once we finished putting the groceries away, while leaving out what was needed to make dinner, I stayed in the kitchen and the monkey went off to check on his master.

Before I got started with making dinner I sent my manager a message that I wouldn't be able to come in tomorrow due to catching some stomach bug or something. It didn't take long for her to tell me that she'd fix the schedule for the rest of the week so I'd have a few days off to get better and make sure that I wouldn't get anyone else sick. I decided to just tell her thank you for the off days instead of just saying I just needed a day off since I don't know how long I'd need to make sure that my new guests wouldn't destroy my home while I'm at work. Though from the small trip it seemed the ones that were left here didn't damage anything. I'm not all that surprised since the true troublemaker of the group was with me. Which means I'll have to figure out things to occupy his attention to avoid him causing any chaos.

"Oh wow, I sound like the Jade Emperor." I mumbled to myself as I started on making supper, which is vegetarian ramen. I had looked up some vegetarian recipes while at the market and thought it wouldn't be too difficult. Of course I've never made actual ramen that didn't come in those instant noodle packets. "I really need to finish reading the Journey to the West." I had only read eleven chapters of it so far, but with my attention span being shit it's no surprise that I haven't finished it. At least it's not a surprise to me. Though I have watched the Overly Sarcastic Productions videos on it since I know it's going to take me a while to read the book and some of the movies on the Monkey King have sort of spoiled some of the book.

"Everything okay in here?" I look over to the doorway of the kitchen to see Wujing peeking into the room. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" Upon hearing my answer he entered the room, but stayed by the doorway while I focused back on the food I'm making. "Brother mentioned that you were acting strange after your trip to the market." A sigh escapes me as I briefly close my eyes. "You'd be acting strange if you were indirectly insulted by someone you like."

"Oh..." That's all that is said for a while, the sound of me making food filling the air. "What did he say or do that insulted you?" I wasn't sure if I should exactly tell the big blue guy, but I know it's not really healthy to keep my emotions in. Plus it's not like I could really tell anyone else since May would fight Wukong for indirectly insulting me and I can't really tell my therapist about any of this. "When I mentioned that I wasn't a vegetarian like you all he said that's obvious after basically checking me out. Then at the store when the sweet old lady that was checking out the groceries made a comment on us being a cute couple he laughed so hard that I wanted the earth to swallow me whole right then and there so I could avoid the situation. I get it, I'm not the prettiest woman out there, but it still hurts to be reminded of that. Especially when I have the worst track record when it comes to dating, and by that I mean a pretty non-existent track record because no one wants to date someone who's not skinny or pretty or-"

My little rant comes to a halt as I nearly burn myself, along with the ingredients that I'm currently cooking, from not paying attention. "Yeah, yeah. I know, focus on cooking, not belittling myself." I mumble as I save everything from being burnt. Wujing joins me in cooking, helping me with it whenever I need help. "Thanks." He smiles at me and slightly shakes his head. "There's no need to thank me. You've done so much for us, it's the least I can do." As soft snort escapes me. "I've barely done anything for you guys."

"That may be true, but it's more than most have. We are all grateful for what you've done for us." His words made me feel better after all the belittling I did of myself. "I guess being a monk isn't easy. I don't think I could do what you all do, but that's okay since I'm not meant to be a monk. I'll just stick with being an absolute weirdo that gives shelter to monks that need it."

The two of us spent the rest of the time cooking, making small talk and getting to know each other better, though it was more of him getting to know things about me since he wasn't all that different from what I've seen. When we did finish we made bowls for all five of us and he took them to the dining room. I grabbed some fruits and vegetables, along with a big bowl of water, and took them out to Bai Long Ma since he had to eat as well. Upon re-entering the house I heard an argument coming from the dining room. I sigh softly as I walk into the dining room to see what the argument was all about. However, I could only make a guess since they were all talking in Chinese. I just shook my head and went back into the kitchen to get everyone drinks. When I returned I witnessed Sanzang muttering the tightening spell, or whatever you want to call it, and Wukong grabbing his head as if it would somehow stop the pain. It didn't settle well with me to see the simian in pain, even though he hasn't really been the nicest to me.

"Sanzang, I think that's enough." I could feel the tension coming from the other two demons all because I dared stop the monk from punishing the mischievous monkey. Sanzang's mutter did stop as he looked at me. I wasn't quite sure what expression was on his face, but I didn't focus on that for long as I started placing the cups of drinks for the men in front of them. "Could you all stop staring at me?" I ask as I realize that they're all staring at me, each with different expressions on their faces. This does get all, but Wukong to stop staring. I look at him as I take a seat in front of the bowl that was sat across from him, spotting the confusion written all over his face.

"What?" He opened his mouth to speak, but with how quickly he shoved the food into his mouth I could tell he decided against saying it. I just shake my head then take a bite of the ramen. The unfamiliar textures with the ramen caused me to react negatively to the food. Not to say that it was bad or inedible, I just couldn't eat it. Plus the overwhelming taste of the tomato broth made it extremely difficult to eat. So instead of forcing myself to eat something that I literally couldn't do without gagging and potentially causing the food to come back up. I moved my bowl towards Wukong before I got up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to make something that I can eat." I say as I head into the kitchen. I decided that since I already have a bunch of dishes to wash later I'll just make myself some instant ramen instead. It didn't take me long to do that since it's just putting some noodle packets into a pot of boiling water until the noodles were cooked the way I like them. Once they were done I used the strainer to pour out the water into the sink then put the noodles into a bowl and covered them in soy sauce. I know the whole purpose is to keep some of the water and use the seasoning, but I don't really like the seasoning packets so I just eat the noodles with soy sauce instead. I returned to the dining room with my bowl of noodles, which I could tell just confused the group. I didn't care as I ate my food.

There was some small talk during dinner, mostly between the men but occasionally I'd get asked questions about myself. I'd either respond with a vague answer, if I didn't want them to know the whole truth, or actually answer the questions. Once everyone was finished eating Wujing helped me with the dishes, he ended up taking over cleaning them and left me with drying them and putting them away. Of course I didn't mind, but he really didn't have to. Afterwards I explained the sleeping arrangements for the group so that they'd know where they'd be sleeping. We ended up getting everything ready for them to go to bed, but Bajie insisted on them watching one last movie before bed. I let them since I needed to take out some blankets to Bai Long and take a quick shower.

I put on another Monkey King related movie, since it was the only thing the four of them could agree on, then went to the hall closet where some extra blankets were. I grabbed enough that would ensure the dragon horse would stay warm during the night. I took them out to him and made sure he was warm and comfortable before I came back inside. When I come back inside I head to my room, but I freeze upon spotting the door open. It should've been closed since none of them are allowed in there. I hesitated before entering my room to find Wukong in my room. I sharply inhale when I spot him holding one of my sketchbooks. "You really enjoy drawing me, huh." That was enough to get me moving towards the simian and tearing my sketchbook out of his hands. "What part of don't go into my room do you not understand?" I questioned as I tried to remain calm about the fact that he went snooping through my things. "I'm the-"

"Being the Great Sage Equal To Heaven doesn't mean you can go into my room and- and snoop through my things!" If it wasn't obvious from the way that I raised my voice at the monkey that I'm annoyed with him then the way I slammed my sketchbook down onto my desk should make it obvious. I watch as Wukong just rolls his eyes at my actions and most likely my annoyance with him. "Just get out of my room." He crosses his arms as he raises an eyebrow at me. "Why should I?" I pinch the bridge of my nose as I try not to yell at him to get out of my room. "I need to take a shower and I'd rather not have you hanging out here in my room while I'm in my bathroom." There was a momentary silence before a short laugh came from the simian. "It wouldn't be the first time I've-"

"That's not the point! J-Just get out!" I start pushing him out of my room, or I try to, as I feel heat rush to my cheeks. This just earned more laughter from him while he remained in the same spot. I stop trying to push him out of my room. "Please Wukong." His laughter died down at my words, probably not expecting them. "I'm only leaving because I'm bored." He did leave, but he was a bit hesitant. Maybe he felt bad about messing with me, but it didn't matter. When he was gone I closed my bedroom door and locked it to make sure no one came in while I was busy showering.

I meant to take a quick shower, but I ended up taking a long one because I started having a crying session. Which honestly felt cathartic to do. When I was done I was ready to go to bed, but I had to do my nightly routine before doing so. Plus I had to make sure that the others were done with the movie. After blow drying my hair, since it's not best to go to bed with wet hair even though I do sometimes, and putting on my pajamas I go and check on the others. I found out that Sanzang had gone to bed and the movie was finishing up. Wukong was sitting on the couch watching Wujing and Bajie trying to figure out how to turn off the movie and tv. I softly snort at their confusion as I walk over to the two demons. I take the remote from their hands and show them how to turn off the movie and tv. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me at the surprised looks they had on their faces from how easy it was. Though Wujing had a similar look when I was showing how to use a blender when we were making dinner.

"Alright, it's time for bed. Tomorrow we're going to start figuring out how you all got here and how to get you back to where you're supposed to be." I say as I start moving the coffee table so I can get the pull out couch ready for Wujing and Bajie to sleep on. Wukong got off of the couch when I moved towards it after putting the coffee table somewhere it wouldn't be in the way. I take the cushions off the couch and pull out the bed. With the help of Wujing, I'm able to get everything ready for him and Bajie to sleep. I leave the living room, after making sure the windows are all properly shut and locked, with Wukong so the other two demons can go to bed.

"What are you doing?" I glanced at Wukong while he followed me around the house as I made sure everything was properly closed and locked. "Just being sure no one can easily enter the house while we're asleep." I finished the check of the house, mostly just the places that I know that wouldn't have been locked, and ended at my room. "You do know that even if someone were to break in we'd handle it since we are demons and could easily get rid of anyone that comes in." I nod as I watch the brown furred simian lean against the doorframe. "Shouldn't you be going to the guest bedroom so you can get some sleep?" He slightly shrugs, but doesn't move from his spot. "I'm not tired."

"Well I am and I'd rather not have you standing here watching me sleep. So..." He seemed to get the not so subtle hint, but he didn't leave. It was almost as if he was having a mental debate with himself only to get frustrated with himself. I grabbed his hand as he started to leave, stopping his movement. "Wukong, I know we didn't start on the right foot and haven't really gotten along since then but know that I don't blame you. A situation like this isn't easy for anyone and I can understand the hostility for it." He looks at me for a second before slowly pulling his hand out of my grasp and heading down the hallway to the guest room. He stops right outside of the room and looks back at me. "Goodnight peaches."

I was caught off guard by the nickname, which I could tell he noticed since a smirk found its way to his lips. Heat made its way to my cheeks as I managed out a goodnight to him before we both went into our respective rooms. I closed my door behind me and leaned against it. I stood there for a good bit before a sigh escaped my lips. "There's no point thinking too much about the nickname. He's not going to be here long. So I just have to keep myself from catching feelings. Which will probably be just as difficult as finding a way to send them back to where they're supposed to be." Another sigh leaves me as I finish my nightly routine and head off to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will turn out a lot better than today did. 

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

11/15/22 Author Notes (from ao3): 

I've been trying to get this chapter to load, but it seriously is being an ass and idk what I'm doing wrong.

edit: I figured it out. I was just being hella impatient lol. Also I fixed the whole two notes thing since the other note was meant for just the last chapter. Anyways, hopefully this is a good slow burn pacing since I do more oneshots than actual stories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 4K 64
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
1.1M 55.4K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
131K 285 20
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
211K 763 26
its all in the title babes 😋