Marriage Contract or a Love P...

بواسطة Chronicles_of_love

Unedited! Sometimes the best things in life are unexpected.... For months, both Neil and Kiara have denied va... المزيد

Author's Note and Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
The End

Chapter 13

740 81 30
بواسطة Chronicles_of_love

Kiara

When I woke up, it was nearly 10 a.m., which made me panic, so I quickly got up, got ready, and went downstairs, where my mother-in-law was waiting for me, looking quite angry.

Uh-oh, getting up late on the first day after your marriage is a problem, I guess.

"Hey, Mom." I wished, a little scared seeing her angry face, and then suddenly

she laughed "Oh my... Kiara, you really got scared; I didn't know you could get scared so easily." she said between her laughs.

"No, I don't get scared easily... but since I got up late and you put up your angry face, I thought you were really angry." I stated, defending myself.

"Ohk dear, no problem... anyways, I wasn't expecting you to wake up early, let alone on the next day of your wedding night!"  she teased, which surprised me, but I quickly realised she wanted to see me blush, so I blushed.

yup! She wanted this because right now she's looking so happy that I can't even tell.

"So, what was I saying.......... Yes! Because I knew you wouldn't wake up that early, I kept your pehli rasoi in the night so you could make today's dinner." she explained.

"Ok, Mom, I'll prepare the dinner." I said and continued after a pause, "So what should I do now?" I asked her.

"What do mean by what should you do? You're a working lady, right? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" She asked, making me surprised, shocked, and happy all at the same time.

"I do work, but am I allowed to work immediately the next day after my marriage?" I asked, because we live in India, and no matter how much you oppose the patriarchal system or discrimination, be honest, you'll face it someday, and you know you won't be able to do anything about it...

"Kiara, dear, in which era are you living? It's the twenty-first century, dear... of course, you're allowed to work the following year after your marriage...If Neil can, why can't you?" she said and I couldn't stop myself from hugging her.

And yes, I hugged her so tight, I fear I might have choked her between, but even she reciprocated with so much love, I for a moment felt like I was hugging my mother, which made me sob a little.

She then detached herself from me and asked,

"You're missing your mother. Right ? " she asked and I nodded.

"All right, dear, don't cry right now. I'll invite her to dinner today," she said with a lovely smile, and I just suddenly bloomed with happiness.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, Mom, you're the best." I hugged her again.

"Ok, dear, now calm down. You're choking me." she said, and immediately left her, giving her a sheepish smile.

"So, first, you have the breakfast that I've made for you, and then get ready for work." She said she was making me walk to the dining table; damn, the dining table looks like I'm the queen of some country, and it was a feast arranged for me.

The table was literally filled with Indian breakfast delicacies.

Poha,  south Indian dishes, and even my favourite chole bhature!

"Mom, have you ever made so much food?" I asked her.

"Yes, do you like it?" she asked, with a smile.

"like it? I love it." I said, and she laughed.

"So begin with eating!" she said, serving me each and every item.

"Mom, you know you're the best mother-in-law in the whole world." I replied between eating

"And you're the best daughter-in-law, that I've always wished for..." She said it with the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen in my life.

.

.

After a hearty breakfast full of flavours and love, I'm here right now getting ready for work.

I never thought that such a mother-in-law even existed in the whole country.

Honestly, I have a very low appetite. I remember loving food so much as a child that I used to live for it, but as I grew and my bullies increased, I stopped many habits, and eating food with great love was one of them.

Okay, Kiara, enough of your childhood talks... Let's get ready.

I told myself that and got ready in 15 minutes and go downstairs to where Mom was reading magazines.

"Bye Mom...I'm going!" I said, waving my hand at her.

"Bye, dear, but remember to come home before 7, so that you have enough time to prepare food." She waved at me and then said

"Yes, sure." I replied, and then went towards my car.

Once I started the car and went on the main road, I decided to call Prishu, and as soon as I picked up the phone to call her, I received her call.

"Damn Gurll, you're going to live a hundred years." I said as soon as I picked up the phone.

"Oh my, my... it's my pleasure that the great Kiara Mehra Khurana is still remembering me, after getting married and having a hot husband." Prisha said, and we both started laughing.

"Oh man... By the way, I called you to inform you that I'm going to work today." I informed her and did a little happy Chandler dance while driving.

"What? Are you serious? Man, you really did some great deeds to have such a wonderful mother-in-law." she said, and it made me feel a little happy.

"Bruh, don't forget that she's going to be your mother-in-law too, and I'm going to be your elder sister-in-law,. I said, and I could literally feel her blushing on the other side.

"Aww, someone is blushing." I said in a teasing tone.

"How did you know that I was blushing?" She snapped in a surprised tone.

"Bestie instincts!" she said as soon as she finished the earlier sentence.

"Bruh, if you know the answer, then why ask the question?" I asked, making an unbelievable expression.

"Just time pass." she replied.

I imitated her, which made both of us laugh.

"Okay, Prishu, it's time for me to go." I said as I entered my office's parking area.

"Okay Kia. B-Bye."

"Bye!" I replied, and we both laughed and hung up the phone.

Honestly, I'm 23 years old and I act like I'm 3 whenever I'm in front of Prisha. That girl is my whole world. She was always there for me, and so once in my life, I decided to be there for her, and so I got married.

As you people would know, praising someone so dear to you takes a lot of time, and I've got to go to the office. We'll conclude this topic here for now.

I thought this as soon as I got out of the car and looked at the clock.

**************************************************************

As soon as I entered the office, a sudden wave of happiness hit me. Coming to the workspace after 10 days is one thing, and coming the next day after your marriage is another.

"Kiara Mehra, I didn't expect you today." I turned my head in the direction of the voice, which I knew belonged to my boss.

"Good day, Mrs. Singh." I greeted her.

"Good Morning, So, Kiara, I heard you got married yesterday? "She asked me

"Yes Ma'am" I replied, shaking my head.

"Congratulations" she wished with a smile.

"Thank you"

"So, since I didn't expect you today, I was going to give the new case to Riya, but since you're here, you are going to look after it." She said this as she walked away, handing me a massive file.

I take the file and enter my cabin, sit on the chair, and start going through the file.

Interesting! So the newest case for me is given by a brother against his sister, and the case is that the sister has murdered the brother's wife, as she thought that the wife was manipulating the brother into hating his own family.

What a case! I don't understand why people are becoming so violent nowadays.

Let's not think about that and focus on the case, Kia. Don't forget for what you're actually paid. I said to myself and began to think about it.

I don't know how long I was thinking, finding clues, and seeing information about the case, but as soon as I turned towards the clock, I kept the file inside the cupboard and rushed towards the exit and then to the parking area as the clock read 7:30 p.m.

I sat in my car and started driving, thinking about what I would make for dinner that would be quick to make.

**************************************************************************************

I reached the Khurana Mansion, parked the car, and went inside. Then I went to my room, got fresh and changed into my normal basic clothes, and went inside the kitchen, where mom had already prepared all the food.

"Mom, why did you prepare everything?" I asked her

"No, not everything; a sweet dish remains, and you will prepare it." She informed me while washing her hands.

"But I was supposed to cook the dinner, na?" I questioned, eyeing ll the delicious food that she had prepared.

"I know, but I also know that you're tired going to work, and anyway, I do nothing after 5 p.m., and you were getting late, so I prepared the food." She told me

"Thank you, Mom. I love you." I said.

"I love you too, my dear." she said, engulfing me in a hug.

"Arrey, include me in the hug too; you've forgotten your mother as soon as you got a mother-in-law." I heard a voice from the door, and we both broke the hug and turned towards it to see my mom standing with a cribbing face expression.

"Mumma." I shouted as soon as I realised that she was really there, and I ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Arrey, I'm also there." Papa said and then even he was included in the hug, and we had a family group hug.

"I missed you both." I said.

"We missed you too; you don't know the excitement your mother has felt since the time Disha ji called us to invite us to dinner." Papa said.

"All right, dear parents, you both sit in the hall until Kiara prepares the sweet dish and I assist her." Mom said, and they both nodded and went towards the hall.

"Now, let's make the sweet dish. Since it's winter, I thought gajar ka halwa would be easier to make. See, I've grated the carrots, and the rest is on the kitchen slab." She informed me, and I nodded.

"Mom, I would have definitely done some good deeds to receive you as my mother-in-law' I said.

"Same goes with me!" she said, and I started preparing the last item on the menu.

***********************************************************

Hey, Dear Readers,

This is the 13th chapter...

I've tried to portray the relationship between the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law, which I feel is the ideal one!

I hope you all like it.

Do vote and comment.

Love,

Author

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

292K 10.6K 53
Anhay Sharma:- Cold business tycoon who is only sweet for his family. He is handsome as hell but loves to stay away from love life. His female employ...
20.2K 1.4K 33
It is an interesting tale which depicts, "I don't want to get married" to "How the hell am I supposed to convince them to get me married!" Prompt by...
14.7K 337 9
Vows were always meant to be kept, she just wished she could keep them a little longer. Probably the book with the biggest anticlimax ever.
45.3K 4K 41
It wasn't romantic or easy. It was just something that happened." "God! Was it worth ruining everything?" "It wasn't. Dhruv, it happened. I don't w...