Searchin' | Shuri

By ndanielle_

You've been searching for this long and hard.. You've been staring at it all along.. You've been searching... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Part Twenty Five
Part Twenty Six
Part Twenty Seven
Part Twenty Eight
Part Twenty Nine
Part Thirty
Update

Part Six

1.3K 52 50
By ndanielle_

| Hazel |

I woke up the next morning regretting every decision that I had made the night before. My head was hurting so bad and the only thing I wanted to do today was lay in bed.

I rolled over and looked at my phone to see that it was already 12 in the afternoon. Meaning Andre would be here in about 3 hours to pick me up for this wedding.

I sighed hopping out of bed and making my way to the kitchen, finding Riri at the stove flipping pancakes.

"Good morning sunshine" She smiled causing me to roll my eyes

"Yeah no, my head is killing me"

"It should be, you took like 37 shots last night. Okay maybe not 37 but it was a lot." She laughed, passing me a plate with pancakes and eggs. "Oh and just to warn you. Shuri had a.. um.. visitor last night."

"What?" I asked, looking at her confused.

Right on cue, Shuri walked out of her room with Bria following behind her.

My face instantly fell as they sat down at the bar, both smiling and whispering to each other.

"I'm gonna go start getting ready, I'll see you later Ri." I sighed, rolling my eyes as far back as they could go, exiting the room.

I couldn't even hide the fact that I was hurt and for her to bring Bria here. That's so disrespectful.

I groaned, slamming my door shut and heading to my closet to find something cute to wear. I guess I should focus on who I have instead of who I want.

• • •

We were currently at the wedding reception of Andre's sister and I had never felt more awkward in my life. It was at some fancy hotel and his family definitely proved to me why.

I had met everyone in his family from his niece to his great great grandmother. They were all nice people, it just felt weird to me which I think was obvious to him and his family.

"You okay? You seem a little tense." Andre asked, placing his hand on my knee.

"I'm okay. I think I'm just a little tired, especially after last night." I lied.

He nodded, looking around the room full of people

"We can go if you want"

"No, it's your sisters wedding day. I'll be okay" I smiled

I would only have to suffer for a few more hours, which I thought I could do, but he insisted otherwise.

"Nah, it's cool. My keys are just upstairs in the room. We can grab them and then we can go." He got up, taking my hand and leading me to the exit making sure to say his goodbyes first.

I heard the door lock click as we entered the room, causing me to turn back to Andre, confused.

"I thought we just had to grab your keys" My words came out in more of a question than a statement.

"Actually.." He began to walk closer to me wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. "I was thinking we could do something else." He whispered into my ear before placing a kiss on it.

"Oh.. Um.." I couldn't even find words to say, but I knew I was uncomfortable and wanted to be anywhere else than in this situation.

His hands began to roam over my body as his lips
moved from my ear down to my neck.

"Andre.." I moved back a little hoping he would get a hint but he pulled me back towards him a bit more forceful this time.

"Don't be a tease" He chuckled, "You were acting like you wanted me last night." He continued to kiss and suck on my neck as I tried to remember what happened last night after all of those shots.

"Andre, stop" I managed to get out, attempting to break myself from his grip which didn't work since he was much stronger than me.

His hand traveled up my dress and towards the edge of underwear . My several attempts to break free wasn't working and my heart was racing as I was starting to panic.

I was practically begging him to move, but his kisses were going further down my body and his hands were moving further up. I was praying someone would walk in and save me, but I soon realized it wouldn't be that easy.

I finally got the courage and strength to fight back when his hand slipped into my underwear. I threw my knee up making sure that it connected with his "area" causing him to fall over in pain.

I sprinted towards the door, unlocking it and running as fast as I could to the nearest exit. I didn't stop until I felt the cool breeze on my face and immediately took out my phone, quickly finding Riri's contact and sending her our code word with my location.

I let out a sigh of relief when I heard my phone go off with a message from her within seconds

Bestie 🤞🏽
On my way

I had absolutely no idea where I was, it was cold and dark and I was trying my hardest to hold back tears that I wanted to let out. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that he actually liked me.

My mind was racing with a thousand thoughts a second when I saw bright headlights heading my direction.

The car stopped in front of me & Riri hopped out of the front seat, running over to me.

"Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine" I lied, hoping it would be the end of that but I already knew it wasn't.

"Hazel, what'd he do?"

I sighed, feeling the tears build up in my eyes again. "Can we just go please"

We stood there for a moment before she finally decided to let it go. I realized Shuri was in the drivers seat and rolled my eyes at the sight of her.

• • •

After tossing and turning in bed all night I finally decided to get up and go on to the balcony. I was hoping it would provide me with some sort of peace after this horrible day. I still haven't told Riri what happened. I was afraid of what she might do. I was also a little embarrassed.

I sat down in one of the chairs and leaned back, closing my eyes. That moment started to replay in my head over and over. I felt a tear start to roll down my cheek.

"Hey..." A voice interrupted my thoughts making me jump.

I looked up to see Shuri with a blanket in her hand. I quickly wiped the tears from my face and sat up in the chair.

"I just figured you might get cold" She gave me a gentle smile. "You okay?"

I nodded my head, taking the blanket from her hands "Thanks" I mumbled.

She smiled at me again before making her way towards the door.

"Wait.." She turned around to look at me. "Can you stay with me? Please. I don't wanna be alone right now."

She nodded and sat down in the chair across from me. We sat in a comfortable silence, looking up at the stars that filled the sky.

"Come here" She said, patting her lap. I walked over and took her offer, spreading the blanket across both of us and laying my head on her shoulder.

I sat there with my eyes closed, taking in the smell of her and the warmth that her body was giving me. I had completely forgotten the fact that I was mad at her.

I don't know if it was from the moment we were having that I was starting to feel vulnerable, but I decided I didn't want to hold in what Andre had done anymore.

"I'm not okay" I whispered feeling the tears come immediately.

She stayed quiet as I went over the details of what had happen basically sobbing into her neck while her hand ran up and down my back, comforting me.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Hazel" She whispered, holding me even tighter in her arms.

I couldn't believe I had just told her what happened before I even told Riri, but being around her was so comforting. She made me want to be open and honest. It was a feeling I had never felt with anyone else.

I leaned back a little, looking into her eyes. My heart started to beat faster and of course the butterflies decided to come back.

"Thank you"

She gave me a sympathetic smile and wiped some of the tears that were left on my face before pulling me closer to her and gently placing a kiss on my forehead.

I laid back down snuggling my face back into her neck. I felt myself starting to drift off to sleep as the wind caused the chair to swing back in forth.

I hate to say it, but I think she may be my peace.

•      •      •

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who's been reading, voting, and commenting. I really appreciate it & it makes my day so much better when I see the votes and comments. I kinda just wanted this chapter to be Shuri & Hazel having a vulnerable moment but I promise we're gonna get to what we're all waiting for soon. ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 474 31
In the madness of this world I'm glad I found you.. When my heart don't seem to work Its you I turn to..
23.5K 756 22
"I need to go with you to make sure you're okay. I need to know you're safe babe, I need to know that you'll come back to me. I don't know if I can d...
5.2K 203 10
She's not his fiancée, but no one else needs to know.
72.9K 2.7K 42
⁀➷ ⋆˚₊ [✳] ˚* · ° ◌ ❝may the king rest in power.❞ 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍, two exes are reunited and fall in love all over again while saving their country.