The Odd Potter

Iam-Tired द्वारा

Percy potter after spending his summer in America comes back home only to find out he is a wizard how will he... अधिक

The boy's who lived
The truth
Banking and Supplies
Hogwarts
The Head House of Slytherin
New information
The Mirror
Nicolas Flamel
Helping a dragon
Vampire

The Idiotic Duel

44 1 3
Iam-Tired द्वारा

"Hey Potter look at this." came the voice of Draco as he was pointing out their schedule.

Percy walked over to see that on Thursday they had flying with the Gryffindors. They only had two classes together and Percy already knew he was going to embarrass himself with flying lessons.

The two things he could do is make a special request with professor Snape or he can ask his uncle not to smite him as he flies. Both very unlikely to happen so he went with the easier one he prayed to Zeus hopping that he would spare him out of understanding so that Percy could just get through his first year without any troubles. He even explained how he would never have to take the class again after this first year.

"Percy it's time to go!" yelled Draco from across the hall. It was already 3:30 Percy had to go flying.

"I've been practicing all summer. what about you Crabbe, Goyale?" Draco said looking to his left and right he got shaking heads in responses.

"What about you Perseus?" Draco said to the usually tan boy. Who now held a pale face while he walked with them. "I'll be lucky I don't die up there Draco."

He said with a straight face

"Please the teacher would keep you safe and if they don't I'll get my father involved if they can't protect us they shouldn't be here."

All Percy could do was gulp right before they arrived there. The Gryffindors were late except Granger and yet the Slytherins were there ready to start.

"Can't even be bothered to show up. Bet Potter got scared."

Percy wouldn't blame Harry for not showing up Percy was thinking about not showing up either but Draco caught him before he could hide. But he was also disappointed that the rest didn't show up on time like Hermione did he even showed up on time no matter how much he didn't want to.

 It was a clear, breezy day, and the grass rippled under their feet as they marched down the sloping lawns toward a smooth, flat lawn on the opposite side of the grounds to the forbidden forest, whose trees were swaying darkly in the distance.

When the Gyrffindors arrived the Slytherins were already there, and so were twenty broomsticks lying in neat lines on the ground. 

Their teacher, Madam Hooch, arrived. She had short, gray hair, and yellow eyes like a hawk.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" she barked. "Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up."

Percy glanced down at his broom. It was old and looked ready to Snap at a touch.

"Stick out your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch at the front, "and say 'Up!'"

"UP!" everyone shouted.

Percy's broom went straight to his hand it seemed relatively easy. He thought until he saw the other kids. Draco got his broom first try along with Harry. Crabbe hit himself in the face Goyle didn't notice he was standing on his. Grangers just rolled over to the side and Longbottom's didn't even move.

Madam Hooch then showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting their grips. 

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle – three – two –"

But Neville, nervous and jumpy and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle had touched Madam Hooch's lips.

"Come back, boy!" she shouted, but Neville was rising straight up like a cork shot out of a bottle – twelve feet – twenty feet. Harry saw his scared white face look down at the ground falling away, saw him gasp, slip sideways off the broom and –

WHAM – a thud and a nasty crack and Neville lay facedown on the grass in a heap. His broomstick was still rising higher and higher, and started to drift lazily toward the forbidden forest and out of sight.

Madam Hooch was bending over Neville, her face as white as his.

"Broken wrist," Percy heard her mutter. "Come on, boy – it's all right, up you get."

She turned to the rest of the class.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch.' Come on, dear."

Neville, his face tear-streaked, clutching his wrist, hobbled off with Madam Hooch, who had her arm around him.

Percy saw a tiny silver thin on the ground and leaned to pick it up

No sooner were they out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?"

The other Slytherins joined in.

"Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Parvati Patil.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati."

"Look what Perseus found!" said Malfoy, Percy handed it over. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.

"Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly. Everyone stopped talking to watch except Percy who stepped forward to stop a fight if it broke out.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find – how about – up a tree?"

"Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Malfoy had leapt onto his broomstick and taken off. He hadn't been lying, he could fly well. Hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak he called, "Come and get it, Potter!"

Harry grabbed his broom.

"No!" shouted Hermione Granger. "Madam Hooch told us not to move – you'll get us all into trouble."

Harry ignored her. Blood was pounding in his ears. He mounted the broom and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared; air rushed through his hair, and his robes whipped out behind him – and in a rush of fierce joy he realized he'd found something he could do without being taught – this was easy, this was wonderful. He pulled his broomstick up a little to take it even higher, and heard screams and gasps of girls back on the ground and an admiring whoop from Ron.

Percy couldn't go up with them even if he wanted to. He had no idea if Zeus answered his prayer and even if he did Percy has never ridden a broom before he could only watch as his brother and friend were soaring through the air. They were arguing and Draco threw the Remembrall at the ground. He watched as Harry dove after it at speeds that made everyone anxious he stretched out his hand and caught it a foot from the ground just in time to pull up and slam into Percy as a landing pad.

Draco glided down and quickly went to help Percy up while Ron did the same with Harry. 

"Good job Harry." 

"That was brilliant mate."

As Harry was showered with congratulations Percy could see Draco getting angrier by the second. "if it wasn't for Percy here you would have snapped your neck and been on the next train back to those muggles." Draco said as Crabbe and Goyle walked behind him.

"I see you're a lot braver on the ground with your little friends to back you up." came Harry's cool reply. Crabbe and Goyle were not small by any means and as they were about to advance and try to fight Harry until Percy stopped them both with a hand on the shoulder. Percy is almost a good head taller than both of them and it seems his position amount the group matches Draco's.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own," said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only – no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

"Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

Draco looked at the three sizing them up.

"Percy" he said. "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked."

"HARRY POTTER!"

Professor McGonagall was running toward them. Malfoy smirked Percy took some steps back and started walking back to the brooms left on the ground further away.

"Never – in all my time at Hogwarts –"

Professor McGonagall was almost speechless with shock, and her glasses flashed furiously, "- how dare you – might have broken you neck –"

"It wasn't his fault, Professor –"

"Quiet, Miss Patil –"

"But Malfoy –"

"That's enough, Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now."

That was the last Percy heard of the conversation as shortly after Madam Hootch arrived and they started again. It wasn't long before class was over and the students started to head towards dinner.

But Draco wasn't so lucky as Percy grabbed him and dragged him away to the dorm to finish the homework they got from Professor Mcgonagall in Transfiguration.

"Percy why are we doing homework? It's dinner time." 

"I already told you we need to get on top of school early we don't want to fall behind or fail. You want to still impress your father and I hope to reach enough academic achievements to secure a job that will set me for life."

Draco reasserted his focus on the homework but Percy had one more question.

"Draco why did you choose me as you're second?"

"Because you're my friend, and you're the smartest kid I know probably smarter than Granger. Probable know some spells that would help even if I lost."

"Not saying that I would lose to Potter."

"It's fine Draco I understand what you meant." Percy paused "Are we still going to the trophy room?"

"Nah your brother is either on the next trip back home or in detention they wouldn't risk it. Besides Weasley doesn't have the balls to show up himself." Draco said laughing.

They ended their conversation and finished up the homework thankfully Crabbe and Goyle brought back snacks and Draco was sedated with a full stomach. 

Percy couldn't sleep that night he kept checking the clock. Even with what Draco said to him Percy still felt obligated to show up maybe he had some honor to maintain, but that didn't seem right, no it wasn't that in fact all Percy wanted to do was to test out spells he's been learning from book and other classes even if the spells from class were useless in a spell. He still knew a few from the library.

As the clock finally hit 11:30 Percy got up and started walking out of the dorm carefully not waking anybody up. He started making his was to the trophy room using Lumos to light his way.

When Percy got there it was empty no body was in sight he figured he was early and sat down and waited.

As they walked in Percy stood up you could say he was quite surprised when he saw Granger and Longbottom with them.

"You really needed to bring an audience?" Percy questioned with his brow raised.

"They wouldn't leave us be." hissed Ron.

Harry looked around "where's Malfoy?"

"He didn't want to be bothered."

"Sounds to me like he was to scare-ed so-o he s-sent you."

"Who is that supposed to insult Longbottom?"

Harry started to walk towards the ready position that Ron directed too, As Percy was already ready on the other side.

"Didn't think I would be testing spells against you so soon Harry." Percy said with a smile as he bowed. "Good Luck."

Harry on the other hand looked nervous he honestly hoped to go against Draco. Draco was a loud mouth who talked a lot but couldn't back it up half the time. Percy on the other hand was as smart as Hermione and Harry knows he already must have learned enough spells to win this duel.

As Harry Bowed back he was saved by Hermione hissing at them. "Do you hear that?"

"Sniff around, my sweet, they might be lurking in a corner."

It was Filch speaking to Mrs. Norris. Horror-struck, Harry waved madly at the other four to follow him as quickly as possible; they scurried silently toward the door, away from Filch's voice. Neville's robes had barely whipped round the corner when they heard Filch enter the trophy room.

"They're in here somewhere," they heard him mutter, "probably hiding."

"This way!" Percy mouthed to the others and, petrified, they began to creep down a long gallery full of suits of armor. They could hear Filch getting nearer. Neville suddenly let out a frightened squeak and broke into a run – he tripped, grabbed Ron around the waist, and the pair of them toppled right into a suit of armor.

The clanging and crashing were enough to wake the whole castle.

"RUN!" Harry yelled, Percy picked up neville and the five of them sprinted down the gallery, not looking back to see weather Filch was following – they swung around the doorpost and galloped down one corridor then another, Harry in the lead, without any idea where they were or where they were going – they ripped through a tapestry and found themselves in a hidden passageway, hurtled along it and came out near the Charms classroom, which they knew was miles from the trophy room.

"I think we've lost him," Harry panted, leaning against the cold wall and wiping his forehead. Neville was bent double, wheezing and spluttering.

"I – told – you," Hermione gasped, clutching at the stitch in her chest, "I – told – you."

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor tower," said Ron, "quickly as possible."

"Malfoy tricked you," Hermione said to Harry. "You realize that, don't you? He was never going to meet you – Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room, Malfoy must have tipped him off."

Percy thought about what she said but the problem there was that Malfoy was with him all day and he didn't have the opportunity to tip filch off.

"Let's go."

It wasn't going to be that simple. They hadn't gone more than a dozen paces when a doorknob rattled and something came shooting out of a classroom in front of them.

It was Peeves. He caught sight of them and gave a squeal of delight.

"Shut up, Peeves – please – you'll get us thrown out."

Peeves cackled.

"Wandering around at night, Ickle Firsties? Tut, tut, tut. Naught, naughty, you'll get caughty."

"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves, please."

"Should tell Filch, I should," said Peeves with a saintly voice, but his eyes glittered wickedly. "It's for your own good, you know."

"Get out of the way," snapped Ron, taking a swipe at Peeves – this was a big mistake.

"STUDENTS OUT OF BED!" Peeves bellowed, "STUDENTS OUT OF BED DOWN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR!"

Ducking under Peeves, they ran for their lives, right to the end of the corridor where they slammed into a door – and it was locked.

"This is it!" Ron moaned, as they pushed helplessly at the door, "We're done for! This is the end!"

"Get out of the way you Idiot!" Percy said shoving him into Harry as he pulled out his wand. "Alohomora!"

The lock clicked and Percy pushed the door open and the rest of the fumbled in before he closed it and listened in to hear what was happening.

"Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch was saying. "Quick, tell me."

"Say 'please.'"

"Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?"

"Shan't say nothing id you don't say please," said Peeved in his annoying singsong voice.

"All right – please."

"NOTHING! He haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!" And they heard the sound of Peeves whooshing away and Filch cursing in rage.

Percy was happy filch was gone. As he turned around to talk to the group he found out why they were all silent for the past couple minutes.

They were looking straight into the eyes of a monstrous dog, a dog that filled the whole space between ceiling and floor. It had three heads. Three pairs of rolling, mad eyes; three noses, twitching and quivering in their direction; three drooling mouths, saliva hanging in slippery ropes from yellowish fangs.

It looked like a tiny version of Cerberus which was still big in it own way it seemed that there was a trapdoor at its feet. Percy didn't know if he could take it on his own he needed at least another summer of training. maybe he had a chance if he didn't have to protect all the Gryffindors.

These were the thoughts that went through his head until Harry opened the Door and they all rushed out as soon as it growled. As Percy stepped out calmly watching it as he closed the door he noticed the others were gone they ran back to their dorm out of fear.

As he walked back to his dorm he realized that there was a reason for the dog being there and that the reason the forbidden corridor was forbidden was because it is holding something secret or it is protecting something.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

373K 12.7K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...
2.5K 105 11
DISCLAIMER: this book is discontinued!! " So I have to go all the way to some fancy boarding school in England to protect a wizard? " " He's your bro...
223 26 13
16 year old Katianne Potter comes back to Hogwarts expecting another weird year, but thought she could still stick around with her new found friend D...
363K 13.4K 30
[1] New Beginnings: WARNING!! Story is technically complete but I started editing literally years ago then never finished so the beginning's a little...