The Badass Of Beacon: Ruby Ro...

De ThatRWBYguy

Also has RWBY Chibi! Y/n Brunswick is placed into a cruel world filled with Grimm. Mentored by his legendary... Mai multe

Part 1: Finding The Rose
Part 2: Giving Ruby My Liquids
Part 3: Slumber Party
Part 4: Initiation Pt 1
Part 5: Initiation Pt 2
Part 6: Y/n's Return
Part 7: Guilty
Part 8 : 2nd In Command
Part 9: The Teams Reaction
Part 10: Mike Okerts
Part 11: Jaune's Secret
Part 12: CRDL's Tutu
Part 13: Old Friend
Part 14: Resolution (Volume 1 Finale)
Part 15: Best Day Ever
Part 16: Board Games!
Part 17: Penny's Secret
Part 18: The Black Rat
Part 19: Getting Drugged
Part 20: The Confession
Part 21: The Dance
Part 22: Colonal and Zwei!
Part 23: Search And Destroy!
Chapter 24: Zwei's Big Brown Beast!
Part 25: Another Encounter.
Part 26: White Fang Smackdown
Part 27: Out The Cave We Go (Volume 2 Finale)
Part 28 Bonus Chapter: The Date
Part 29: The Vytal Festival
Part 30: Qrow VS Winter
Part 31: Qrow meets Y/n
Part 32: Uncles Talk
Part 33: Beef between the Uncles
Part 34: Cayde Vs Qrow/Y/n Vs Coco
Part 35: Finding guardians And Legs Broken
Part 36: Consequences
Part 38: The Fall
Part 39: Torchwick's End/New Powers
Part 40: The Fall Of Beacon/Aftermath
Part 41 (Bonus): Dealing With Problems
Part 42 (Bonus): Hospitality
Part 43 (Bonus): Leaving
RWBY CHIBI S1 Ep 1: The Hand Of Death
RWBY CHIBI S1 Ep 2: The Shocking Revelation
RWBY CHIBI S1 Ep 3: Drinking Contest/Spin The Bottle
RWBY CHIBI S1 Ep 4: Trolling The Grimm
Part 44: The Journey To Mistral
Part 45: Heartbreak
Part 46: Diverging Paths And Relationship Problems
Part 47: Stung By A Scorpion
Part 48: Qrow Vs Tyrian
Part 49: A Much Needed Talk
Part 50: Travelling To Kuroyuri
Part 51: No Safe Haven
Part 52 (Bonus) : Settling Down
Part 53 (Bonus) : Back At Gordon's!
Part 54 (Bonus) : Attack On Shion
Part 55: Welcome To Haven

Part 37: The Beginning Of The End

681 17 0
De ThatRWBYguy

Timeskip

Back in the Colosseum, people are back in the stands cheering and ready for entertainment as Ruby and Y/n descend down the steps to an open seat. Despite everything that's happened, she's smiling widely, looking around at the assembled crowds... until her stupefied eyes see a familiar, glaring face on the other side of the arena.

Ruby: Emerald's... here?

Y/n: Wait.. What!?

As if sensing she's being watched, Emerald leans forward to glare at Ruby, who suddenly gets up with a worried expression while Y/n has one of anger becuase of being deceived. They both ran towards the exit tunnel. Checking to see if no one's around, she enters a door labeled with a yellow maintenance sign and finds themselves inside of the Colosseum.

Y/n: Cmon! Quick Ruby.

They walks forward with determination as the announcers' voices are heard, muffled behind the brick walls.

Oobleck: All right, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!
The sound of the roulette is heard faintly, but what makes Ruby stop in her tracks is the sight of another unexpected "friend" stepping out from a nearby tunnel, completely unharmed and definitely not going home.

Ruby: (squinting as if making sure) Mercury?

Y/n: I knew I couldn't trust you! You liar! I'll break your legs for real.

Port: It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina from Atlas...

Ruby: (her attention goes from the broadcast to the fraud) What are you doing?

Y/n: Let's just (looks back) Where the hell did that door go!?

Y/n: Ruby! Use your speed to get to the stadium! I'll hold him off.

She nodded with a determined look. We both put distance between ourselves giving as much space as possible.

Mercury: I'm afraid I cant allow that. Bosses orders.

Y/n: Ruby. (She turns to him) Heres my scythe. Try to use it and get away. (Throws scythe)

Ruby: Okay! But what about you-

Y/n: Dont worry about me! Just make sure Penny makes it out alive!

Ruby: O-Okay! I promise she will.

In the back of my mind I knew I didn't have a good chance of beating Mercury with only my hand cannon. But I wanted Ruby to come out safe. Ruby looked slightly worried but she thought I would come out fine.

I shot a few bullets towards Mercury to which he just dodged. Seriously how do you dodge bullets!? I ran forward while Ruby did the same. However Ruby just used her semblance getting to Mercury first this allowed him to Stop the Rose's telegraphed path and kick her away tot he ground. This infuriated me.

Y/n: Ruby, wait for an opening!

She nodded we both charged towards him. He grabbed Ruby and kicked her torso and her face. Then he kicked me in the knee sending me off balance and kicking me aside.

Ruby: Y/n!

I got back up and was about to fire a shot before he put Ruby in front of kind of using her as a hostage. She looked at me with a wide eyed expression.

I smirked which only confused Mercury Black smoke started to emerge from my hand cannon. I shot at the floor at the right angle to where Mercury's back was hit by the bullet making him take a big hit from his aura. He dropped on the floor slightly causing Ruby to be let go.

She glanced at me not an ounce of her wanted to leave me behind but she used her semblance to get away. I smiled that she listened and didnt stay. I realised she took my scythe as well which was a bummer.

I looked at Mercury who was now standing up recovered from the hit. He smirked and crossed his arm.

Mercury: Lucky Shot.

Y/n: ...

I was thinking about the smartest thing to do. I should probably run. I had a chance of dying to this muppet. I started to run however because I wasnt my Happy self I had a deferment in speed which allowed Mercury to catch up.

Mercury: Oh no you don't.

I started to get angry. My eyes had a feint glow of red. I was losing valuable time. I shot a few shots which allowed me to lose him since he didn't want to get hit. I finally make it towards the Door.

I saw Ruby on the Floor crying. I go to her and kneel and put a hand on her back. She flinched as I did so and only knelt further.

Y/n: Ruby-

Ruby: "What am I going to say to him!? I promised him she wouldnt die."

Y/n: (Gasped with a horrified look) Penny...

I took my hand off of her back and it changed as if it was lifeless. I was at a loss for words. Tears threatened to fall. I dropped down and Ruby put her hand on my back this time.

Ruby: (Sobbing) I'm so sorry, Y/n. Im so sorry...

Y/n: ...

Mercury caught up and looked at us when he peered through the door. He smirked but knew not to engage me in a duel right now as he knew he would not come out better from it.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (IMPORTANT)

From this situation Y/n has learned to trust his own judgement more rather than the . He becomes more selfish in the situations where he has another person around him and is now more likely to trust himself more than others. He is not More selfish outside of combat situations. He just has more distrust and is more doubtful of Decisions that he thinks should be a different way.

He blames himself for not Saving penny as he could've just taken on Mercury with his scythe and had allowed Ruby to Run away. Which he believes would've worked out better.

This type of this will be more prevalent in later volumes and I think it's a neat feature that shows the growth in our character as a not only a person but a fighter.

No POV

In answer, the background behind the two teachers changes to the video feed of the sight before them, tinted an ominous bright red with a black queen chess piece hovering over the scene. They turn back to the arena as a familiar voice rings out throughout the Colosseum and the rest of the world watching these events.

Cinder: This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, (Several audience members look uneasy, while Jaune is seen mouth agape in shock) but are, in reality, nothing more than men. (seen standing on a rooftop, speaking into her Scroll) Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both.

Ironwood, realizing who she's talking about, grimaces and rises from his seat, marching up the steps.

Cinder: They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference.

Pyrrha continues to stare at the remains of Penny in dread and guilt. Lips parting as she raises a hand to cover her mouth. Then her eyes start watering, a single tear falling. Back in the fairgrounds, a gaping Weiss Schnee and Blake Belladonna watch the hacked screen of the Shopkeep's stall. The owner and several others including Roy Stallion are gathered nearby. Blake's expression becomes a glare as the speech continues.

Cinder: And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves.

Cinder: As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark.

Cinder: So I ask you: When the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?

In the Colosseum, the screens cut from red and black to complete static.

Oobleck: (to Port) The feeds are all jammed! We can't get a message out!

Port: (to the people working behind the scenes) Will somebody tell me what in the world is happening!?

Warning Announcer: Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

The crowds begin to flee, wild and screaming, through the exit tunnels, while Ironwood enters the announcers' box and grabs the microphone from between Port and Oobleck.

Y/n was still distraught. He couldn't believe what was happening. He was back stabbed by people who he thought was friends. His friend Penny had died. The School was getting attacked... It was all happening so fast.

Ruby was looking at Y/n's horrified Expression that wasn't changing. Although Ruby wasn't at fault she was incredibly guilty. She pulled herself to Y/n and cried in his shoulder, not changing his expression

Y/n: Penny...

Ruby: (Quietly and muffled) I'm so sorry...

Ironwood: Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic.

With that said, a Giant Nevermore appears atop the arena's domed force field, giving a series of deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the defense with its beak.

Sun: (standing up in alarm along with Coco Adel) A Nevermore!?

Coco: (lowering her sunglasses) How did it get past the Kingdom's defenses!?

Ren: (rising up beside them) It wasn't alone.

In the headmaster's office, Ozpin is gripping his cane tight, watching the city come under attack with a horrified expression.

Qrow: (running in with Glynda Goodwitch) Oz!

Ozpin: (turning to them) Get to the city!

Qrow: But-

Ozpin: (resolutely) And make sure Y/n isnt taken. (They stood there) NOW!

Qrow and Glynda exchange a look before going back the way they came. Meanwhile, Mountain Glenn is almost silent, as every monster lurking there from Beowolves to Boarbatusks, Ursai and Nevermores, and even lumbering Goliaths with wide red eyes rush forward.

Ironwood: (back at the Colosseum watching the Nevermore attack the shields until he answers his Scroll, stammering) Ozpin, the girl... I-I can explain!

Ozpin: (gravely) You brought your army to my Kingdom, James. (a beat, then angrily) Use it. And make sure Y/n is safe. Don't let him wander off.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

83.8K 1.7K 40
MY BEST ASSISTANT Working Title(s): RWBY: ULTIMATUM Dedicated to my dear friend RikerMun. Iron Man! Reader x RWBY #1 in SilverEyes #1 in rwbycrossove...
919 3 14
After what happened to Penny becoming the new Winter Maiden, Ironwood betraying Team RWBY and Team SPRO and everyone else, Cinder got the lamp they s...
98.8K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...
4.9K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...