"Choose me, Miss Producer!"...

By EmmasDreamHub

You're near the end of your second year at Yumenosaki Academy's producer course and also very good friends wi... More

Short Notice
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
[Mika] Chapter IV
[Shu] Chapter IV
[Mika] Chapter V (ending no.1)
[Shu] Chapter V (ending no.1)
[Shu] Chapter V (ending no.2)
Mika: Christmas Aftermath
Shu: Christmas Aftermath
[CLOSED] Voting poll: Marriage?
Bonus Fill-In Chapter
[Mika] Our New Beginning
[Shu] Our New Beginning

[Mika] Chapter V (ending no.2)

227 6 3
By EmmasDreamHub

~ You decide on calling Shu and asking him to come as support for Mika ~

Your gaze remained glued to the place where you lost Mika from your sight just a few minutes ago, as you thought about what to do.

Poor baby was so emotional that even you felt at the verge of crying alongside him.

What should I do to comfort him...?

You sat down at the bench again. Running after him seemed rather pointless regarding the blackness of the night which surrounded you, as well as the noisy and busy atmosphere. The cotton candy in your hand had already melted halfway and you swiftly licked a drop which was about to fall onto your clothes.

Gosh. Better eat it whole before it gets all over me.

You served yourself both cotton candy sticks but nevertheless, didn't enjoy them as much as you would've if Mika was still with you. Your mind kept going astray, reminding you of Mika's sad puppy eyes and disappointed voice which vividly depicted his broken heart. His sincere feelings were enough to shaken up even the strongest of hearts.

Then you remembered the cause of his sorrows. Shu.

Ugh, that bastard! He had time to ask ME to join him instead of sparing some for Mika, when he knew that he held his event tonight!

Suddenly you felt as if a light bulb lit up in your brain. You couldn't tell if it was the great amounts of sugar that you had just consumed or your intuition (might've been the IQ as well), but your fingers instinctively searched up for your phone. The dial pad vibrated beneath your touch and you pressed the phone against your ear.

After a few beeps you began doubting your choices and yourself, but suddenly a man's voice was heard on the other side of the line.

"Hello?"

"Shu? Why is it so noisy in the background, I can barely distinguish your voice."

"I'm at the gala. You of all people should be acquainted with that." – there was a tinge of sarcasm in his voice when he said that. You felt your blood rushing.

"Speaking of which," – you continued, attempting to control your emotions – "what about Mika?"

The other end of the line was barely audible. You heard footsteps on a concrete floor and the background noise reduced. Then you heard Shu speak again.

"What do you mean, what about him?"

"Hmmm, I don't know, maybe just that his special charity event is happening tonight?" – your voice stayed quiet but you hissed the last few words through your teeth, anger getting the best of you.

"Wait, what?" – he sounded confused.

"Don't act so innocent and confused. Mika said he had told you about it around a month in advance. And you didn't even care tell him about your gala?!"

"I- There- There were reasons as of why I didn't tell him about the gala! Don't go sticking your nose where you shouldn't!"

"Well for your information, sir, Mika is currently hidden somewhere devastated and crying his eyes out because the person he adores the most chose some gala event over an event organized by Mika himself! It's not fair, you know!"

Silence. You stood there in the midst of the darkness with the phone pressed against your ear.

"Shu, are you still there?"

"Send me your location. I'm coming there."

* * *

After around twenty minutes since the call ended, you finally noticed Shu emerge from the thick crowd and approach you with a slightly worried expression. Your nervousness kept growing with every minute passed sitting behind the stage where you were supposed to wait for Shu to come.

"Well? What now?" – you impatiently asked him.

"You said you were in the park before, right?"

"Yes."

"And he ran into which direction?"

"Just followed the path."

"Mhm." – Shu answered rather calmly and continued looking at his phone.

You kept tapping your feet in await. Suddenly he raised his head and beckoned you the behind stage props aligned by the edges of the maintained park area.

"Come."

You walked for around a minute before a shadowy shed emerged from the darkness. Shu peeked through the smeared window.

"It's his figure."

"How can you tell?" – you asked him.

"Take a look for yourself." – he calmly answered.

And as you peeked through the window yourself, Shu had already opened the door and walked in, scaring the weird figure inside as it jumped back in surprise.

"SHU?!" – you heard a scream.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." – Shu's muttering was audible from inside. You marched yourself to the opening and stood at the doorframe. What you saw was something you thought you'd never witness; something so rare which almost felt like a blessing of some supernatural force, maybe even a god.

Shu had leaned forward with his hands tightly wrapped around Mika's trembling body, as Mika's head was hung over his shoulder with the jaw wide open and an utterly disorganized mix of emotions reflecting in his eyes.

In a few seconds Shu pulled back and stood up again, so quickly that you barely had time to blink.

"I'm... sorry for not telling you about the gala."

Mika averted his eyes to the side, avoiding Shu's gaze. "It's okay Teach. I know you have your own responsibilities as well. It is selfish of me to ask you to be by my side the whole time."

You couldn't see Shu's face given that he had his back turned at yourself, but you felt the sincere emotion in his voice.

"No, not at all selfish! After all you've done for me in the past, and always giving your best for your unit... It's quite selfish of me to not have come here. I'm... I'm... Ugh, whatever, I'll only say this once; I'm sorry for letting you down."

The three of you stayed silent for a moment.

"Now then," – Shu continued in attempt to disperse the embarrassment which lingered in the air after his apology. He leaned forward and whispered something to Mika, and Mika's expression swiftly changed into an undecipherable one.

"I'm gonna go look around. I'll tell you my thoughts later. You two go have some fun." – said Shu before he pushed past you and quickly walked away in the direction of the festivities. It was just you and Mika.

You hadn't even realized what was going on when suddenly Mika was right in front of you. He caught hold of your hand and looked at you in the eye meaningfully.

"You called Shu over, didn't you?"

You were at a lack of words. "A-Ah... y-yeah that's right. I thought seeing him would help you feel better. Especially since he was the reason for you being hurt."

Mika softly chuckled, averting his gaze at the starry sky above you. "Thank you. You have no clue how much he means to me. How much this whole thing means to me."

He then gazed deeply into your eyes. "How much you mean to me."

You felt your face heat up.

Since when was he such a flirt?!

Then you remembered the moment when Shu whispered something to him.

Ugh, so it was HIS doing! That bastard...!

Your heart skipped a beat, as your hands were clasped together. You didn't know what to say or do so you just randomly spat out, "What's the time?"

Fortunately Mika didn't cringe out, but instead looked at his watch, his face lighting up. "It's time," – he slowly uttered – "for the fireworks."

As he said that, tens of rockets were fired in the background and flew up to the sky, splattering a diversity of colors across the night sky. You watched in amazement and the fireworks rose up to the sky and exploded again and again, alike bursts of magic.

You unconsciously snuggled closer to Mika, his arms enveloping you in a comforting manner.

"I usually don't have the courage to do this, but right now I'm not even sure you can hear me from the fireworks so I'll do it anyway." – Mika's soft voice reverberated in your ears as they slowly reddened.

You dared not flinch, in expectation of what could Mika possibly say.

"I like you, Y/n." – he said and planted a soft and quick kiss on your cheek.

In that very moment, you sincerely felt like a firework; your heart ready to burst into a multitude of shiny colors and you happily exclaim among the crowds.

You decided to rise at the tip of your toes and planted a kiss on his cheek in return.

"I don't know if you can hear me, Mika, but we should do this more often."

_________________________________________

Hello everyone! As busy as I am with all of the first term tests at school, I have decided to rush all of the parts this last week and even try my hand at writing some Christmas surprises for you all who've supported me~ (I will post them before 2022 ends I PROMISE)

I'm really grateful and never even thought my story would get 1k+ reads, let alone that I'll be receiving comment notifications by people who've enjoyed. You have no clue how much it means to me <3

If anyone ever wishes to send me their feedback about any of my stories or just ask me some questions, you can always go to <Conversations> on my profile and post a message there which I'll do my best to answer as genuinely as I can.

Thank you for your support again and stay tuned for some Christmas and Valentine's Day surprises ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 3 33
Falling in love for the first time can be a beautiful thing. Only if it did not come with the constant self-doubt. Mika Yamamoto just recently moved...
248K 6.5K 17
You and Tsukki were childhood friends, but when you moved away in grade school everything changed. Now you're back, and you're both attending Karasun...
10.7K 412 30
---- EDITING PLEASE DON'T READ THIS TIME IM GOING TO CHANGE IT UP SO PLEASE DONT READ BECAUSW I CANT PUT IT IN DRAFT FOR NOW---- Mikan is your averag...
236K 5.8K 80
Warning, english is not my first language! "This is not what I expected." Sawamura Daichi has a cousin that is half Finnish and half Japanese. She is...