Freaks: Year One

Av CuteK86

All of a sudden, the compartment door opened, and a person came in and slammed it shut. Jasper looked at the... Mer

A/N
I Am Not A Freak
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 And 3/4
The Sorting
New Family
The History Of Flying
Crinus Muto!
An Encounter
Herbology
Unwanted Attention
Some Things Just Needed To Stay A Secret
Dark Forces
Vinegar
Inside
Quidditch And Surveys
The House Next Door
Let Me Help You!
Don't Give Dorothy A Bat
A Way To Get Revenge
A Rainbow Of Puffs
A Memory Was Missing
The Opening Match
Halloween
A Symbol Of Friendship
Don't Let The Spiders Bite
Snow Days
The Christmas Party
He Taught Me The Truth
I Will Never Forget You
Different Together
Magic Stealer
A Close One
Another Enemy
Rejected
The Frog Murderer
Your Duty
A Bad Influence
Worries
Flying Lessons
Terrified For The Future
Nightmares
Take A Break
Happy Birthday
Family Issues
A Very Special Owl
This Stupid Holiday
A Bad Kisser
Abandoned
You Need To Be Normal
He Is All I Have
A Decision
Tradition
The Month Of May
QUACK!
He's My Little Brother, Not A Duck!
He Was Still A Kid
More Similar Than They Thought
You Are Wanted
How A Letter Can Change Your Life

A Good Christmas

137 8 36
Av CuteK86

Jasper, and Harry exchanged letters back, and forth like Jasper had promised he would. Jasper used the owl that came with Harry's letter each time (his name was Oto), and attached it to the owl's leg, and watched as it flew away.

Since Jasper was now home, their dad would either be around or not around, so at least they weren't getting in his way, and their mother would be out more doing whatever it was she was doing, but Jasper saw her a few times.

"Oh." She said, stopping when she saw him in the kitchen. "What are you doing back?"

"I have been home for two days." Jasper told her, not sure why he felt so disappointed when she said this. Maybe he should have expected it, but really? "I sent a letter to you letting you know I would be needing to be picked up."

His mum stared at him. "Well you're here, are you not?"

Jasper gave a small sigh, and asked, "Well did you get any gifts? Because you know, it is Christmas Eve."

His mum scoffed. "Like I am going to get anything for you. After the money I spent for your stupid school, you're getting nothing."

"I meant for the kids." Jasper said.

"Look, I already got some stuff they need alright, and I am sure as hell not buying Francis anything after what we spent on his stupid hearing aids." His mum grumbled. "No wonder he has such bad grades."

Yeah, maybe if you, and dad took your kids to the doctors, Francis would have been able to get accommodations a while ago, and not be constantly ridiculed for something he couldn't control. It was just a thought, but of course Jasper didn't voice it. He really didn't want to get in trouble.

"Okay." Jasper said just shutting down the conversation. "I was just wondering."

Jasper tried to talk to Ethan a few times, but he wouldn't even open the door, and if he did he would slam the door in his face when he realised it was him.

He doesn't hate you. Jasper reassured himself. He was just upset, and he had every right to be.

It was Christmas Eve, and Jasper's family never really celebrated, usually him, and his brothers would exchange something or the other. He already got something for his brothers. He got them some different types of sweets from the Wizarding World. He thought maybe they would have liked to try something from the magical world despite some of the hostility, and you couldn't go wrong with sweets. He also wanted to make something for his friends, but he didn't know what.

He didn't have money, and he sure as hell was not asking his parents. His mum had already told him she wasn't going to spend anything on him, but he wanted to give his friends something.

So making something was the way to go.

He pulled out a box under his bed labelled craft supplies, and opened to see what he could make with the stuff he had.

After going through what he had, and trying to think of ideas of what he could make with it, he knew what he was going to do. He was going to make his friends who celebrated Christmas an ornament, and he would make the other two a necklace.

He had a collection of seashells that he thought would be a good use for an ornament, and a necklace anyway. He had gotten them from the beach, and they were each different sizes, colours, and shapes - some even had cool patterns on them, and this way he could choose which seashell fit each of his friends best. He could make it more personal.

While he worked he thought about asking his brothers, specifically Toby how school was going for them. Whenever he had written to them about it, Toby had been very vague just saying, it's going okay, and how he liked it better than home, but were any of them struggling? Jasper knew he had a fair share of bullies in his past at that school, and he was sure with him disappearing, the kids would pester his younger brothers about it.

"What are you doing with your collection?" Toby asked, making Jasper turn in his seat. Toby was just outside his door.

"Trying to make gifts for my friends." Jasper replied as Toby walked in, and saw that Jasper was trying to poke a hole at the top of a seashell to put either a hook or a string in it. He sighed. "This is the best I can do."

"I think that's nice." Toby said. "That you have friends."

Jasper stopped at putting a black string through a pale pink seashell (it was Penelope's as her favourite colour was pink), and turned in his chair to face his brother. It was just something about the way he said it that made Jasper worried.

"Don't you have friends?" Jasper asked.

Toby shrugged. "Jaz, come on, you know how it was last year."

Jasper did know. A lot of the students from his grade were wary of him because of his magic, and due to that, his brothers. He would have thought with him gone, it would have changed.

He guessed not.

"It's hard to make friends anyway." Toby continued. "Like I can't go to their house because then that means leaving the other three here, and they...well they definitely can't come here."

Jasper felt really bad. He had thought it would be easier for him to make friends with him gone, but it seemed to just make it worse. Toby had a lot of responsibility that he didn't have last year. He couldn't be a normal kid.

"I'm really sorry." Jasper said.

Toby shook his head. He hadn't meant to make Jasper feel bad. "No, don't say that, I'm fine with it really. All of us have problems making friends, it's not your fault."

Maybe it was now the time to talk about what he wanted to talk about with Toby. "So, I guess school hasn't been okay, like you said?"

Toby sighed. "Oh, I knew you'd ask about that." Jasper got up from his chair, and sat on his bed, signalling for Toby to sit beside him, and when he did, Toby continued, "It...it could be better. That's all."

"Well of course, but...have the kids been nice?" Jasper asked.

Toby shrugged. "Well at the beginning of the year some kids in my class were being kind of mean about you. Saying it was about time you went to a special school as they put it. I told them off about it, and it has died down now." Toby shrugged. "The kid I sit with is nice, but we don't really play together at break because he plays football with the other kids in my year."

"Why don't you play football with them?" Jasper asked.

Toby shrugged. "I'm...not really athletic." He was quiet for a beat. "I'd rather read or write...or make sure the others aren't getting up to mischief." He nudged Jasper. "Our brothers are handfuls."

Jasper let out a small laugh. "They are, but we love em." A pause. "How are they doing?"

"In school? They are doing okay." Toby said. "Ethan hates the uniform, but that isn't news to you. He has been having problems with maths, but I have been helping him the best I can." He sighed. "He doesn't think the teacher likes him though."

"Why's that?"

"Well for one, he keeps getting yelled at, I don't know why though. He won't tell me." Toby said, sounding frustrated. "I guess he is just misbehaving." Toby looked over to Jasper. "I know you're upset that he isn't talking to you, but I promise he will get over it. He just needs some time to cool off."

Jasper nodded. "Got it."

"And well for Francis...he is actually doing better in school." Toby said. "The hearing aids really do help. His teacher is really happy about it, she is super nice. Some of the kids are kind of mean about it though, I think they just don't understand..."

Jasper sighed. The last thing Francis needed was being treated badly for something that wasn't his fault. Their parents had ridiculed him enough.

"Some kids get it though." Toby said, shrugging. "So hopefully everyone will eventually."

Jasper nodded hoping this would turn out to be true. "What about Ed?"

"Oh, he really misses you Jaz."

Jasper sighed, sadly. "I really wish I didn't have to be away...maybe I should-"

"No, don't." Toby said, cutting him off. "Hogwarts is good for you, for all of us. We are all fine, Ed is fine, he just misses you a lot, and it makes him less focused in school, but behavioural wise...he has been pretty good. I keep an eye on him, we all do."

Jasper gave a small smile to his brother, he had done a lot of growing up in these few months. "Thanks."

Toby smiled. "No need for that, now..." He stood up from the bed, and signalled to Jasper's desk where the seashells, and different types of string were lying there. "Want help?"

The two of them worked on finishing up the gifts for Jasper's friends. It was nice Jasper thought, just the two of them doing arts, and crafts. For a moment, they felt like normal kids.

Once they were done Jasper placed the gifts in envelopes with a note attached to it. He realised he had a problem, how was he going to send the gifts when he didn't have an owl?

Maybe he would have to send it the muggle way.

He looked out his window, and saw an owl perched in a tree. Jasper had an idea, and went, and opened the window. "Hey!" He called out. The owl looked his way. "Do you think you can...come over here?" He felt like an idiot talking to an owl.

The owl flew over, and sat on his window sill, and held out its leg. Jasper attached all the envelopes, and the owl gave a hoot, and flew off. Jasper called after it, "Thank you!" He turned back to Toby.

"Well that worked out." He said watching the owl fly out into the distance.

Jasper laughed. "Thanks for your help."

Toby just smiled. "No problem."

"And I got you gifts too." Jasper said, indicating to his trunk. "I'll give it to you guys tomorrow, and Ethan too whenever he is talking to me again."

"You didn't have to get us something."

Jasper looked at him like he was crazy. "Uh yeah, I did."

Toby was shifting from foot to foot, nervous. He didn't know what Jasper had gotten them of course, but he assumed it was something to do with magic, and well, he didn't have that, none of them did at the moment so he was worried that Jasper wouldn't like it. "Well, we all got you something too."

"Oh, you didn't have to."

Toby gave him a look. "You're a hypocrite." Jasper just laughed.

The owl flew all around Britain to deliver the gifts. The owl went to Penelope's, Dorothy's, Jonathan, and Gifford's, Marty's, Maryrose's, and finally Harry's. The owl dropped the letter outside the door, and flew to a nearby tree to rest.

In the early morning at sunrise, Harry went downstairs, and opened the door. He saw a bunch of envelopes lying there, and he put them on one of the tables, and put the ones addressed to him in his room.

He opened one of the envelopes, and inside was a seashell ornament.

It was pearl white, and the cool part about it was that it had a few twists in it. It reminded Harry of a tuba, and that was ironic as he wasn't musically inclined, it was still really nice. He didn't even think it was one of those fake ones at the shops, this one looked real. He wondered who sent it, and he opened the envelope again, and saw there was a note inside it as well.

Dear Harry,

I hope you have a good Christmas! I am not really sure when this will arrive, but I hope you have a good rest of your holiday. There is something in the envelope for you, I hope you like it. It's not much, but I made it myself. I had a question though, since I don't have my own owl, is there any place where there are owls available? Something like the owlery at Hogwarts? Because I just got lucky with this random owl in my tree, and I would use the regular delivery service, but I am not sure if the others besides maybe Penelope, and you will know how to use it. Any ideas?

Jasper

Harry smiled, and folded up the letter. He would put the seashell ornament on his tree after he wrote back to him. He went to his desk, and pulled out a piece of parchment, a quill, and some ink. He dipped the quill, and started to write his reply.

Jasper,

It's Christmas day right now, and I have been having a good holiday so far. My mum, and dad took me out to see the Christmas lights yesterday. I hope you have been having a good holiday as well! How are your brothers? I know you were worried about them not being magical, but you never know. I read somewhere that one wizard didn't display magic until they were 13! It was centuries ago, and very rare, but maybe they just need more time? To answer your question, there is something called The Owl Post Office. You can go there, and select an owl to send your letter, but if you live in a muggle neighbourhood it will be more hidden. Can I have your address so I can see if there are any hidden Wizarding places near you? I'm sure there are.

Harry

ALSO. Thank you for the gift!! I love it. I was never good at crafts. Where did you get the seashells? I have never seen one like this before, it's cool!!

Harry folded the letter up, and went downstairs to where their family owl was sleeping in his perch. "Oto." Harry called.

Oto opened one eye, and closed it again.

Harry sighed, and went closer. The family owl was a bit lazy. "Oto, you need to deliver this please."

Oto opened his eyes, and yawned. He blinked sleepily, and held out his leg.

Harry handed him the packages. He got something for each of his roommates. Oto gave Harry a look. "Sorry." Harry told him. "Once you get back I will give you your gift, okay?"

Oto nodded, and flew out one of the open windows with all the packages. Harry was still impressed with how strong owls were as he watched until Oto became a little brown dot amongst all the snow falling.

Time passed. The sun rose, and fell as the snow continued to fall, and Oto continued to fly. Oto was a slower flyer, being older, but in a day with many rest stops he delivered all the packages, but one. He flew toward the muggle neighbourhood, and went toward one of the windows, and tapped on it with his claws.

Oto waited several moments, and was just going to drop it at the door when the youngest, Edgar, came to the window slowly. He stared wide-eyed at the owl, and opened the window. Oto hopped in, and held out his leg.

Edgar untied the letter, and package from his leg, and put it on the bed. He looked back at Oto. "Hi."

Oto gave a hoot.

"Shhh." Edgar hushed him. He looked at the door, and turned back to the owl. "Do you want something?"

Oto nodded. He wanted a treat. He was hungry after his long dispute.

"Okay..." Edgar whispered. "I'll see if we have something." He walked out of his bedroom, past Francis, and that is when Oto noticed there was another kid sleeping in there, but he looked completely unbothered by the noise Oto had made, and Oto followed after Edgar.

Edgar turned back toward the owl. "You need to be quiet." Edgar whispered. He knocked quietly on one of the bedroom doors. Jasper was still asleep. He had been up most of the night since their parents were yelling at each other again, but luckily it ended there.

Edgar had intended to ask Jasper what owls ate, but decided he didn't want to wake him. He deserved to rest, so he went to the kitchen himself with Oto following. Edgar kept glancing back at the owl nervously.

He opened the fridge, searched through it, and pulled out a piece of lunch meat. "Does this work?" Oto picked the piece of meat in his beak, and started to eat it.

Edgar stared at Oto nervously. He was scared his parents were going to appear at any moment, and see the owl, and then he would be in trouble. Toby had already gotten in trouble twice when their mum spotted him with one of those special owls from Jasper's school, Toby just never told Jasper.

Oto all of a sudden ruffled his wings making Edgar jump, and one of the stovetops caught on fire. Edgar jumped back from the stove top, as Oto's eyes widened.

The flames rose slowly. "No, no, no, no." Edgar said going closer to the stovetop, trying to make it stop. "Stop." He looked at Oto. "I need water, I need water..." He went to the sink quickly.

How does this keep happening? Edgar thought. Mum, and dad were going to kill him if they found out.

Oto started to hoo frantically.

Edgar whipped around. "No, be quiet!" He raised his voice, and flames got bigger. "You're making it worse." He wasn't sure if he was talking to the owl, or himself. Edgar looked around, and saw the fire extinguisher on one of the walls.

In case of a fire, look for the extinguisher, and put it out. Edgar grabbed it with two hands, and carried it toward the stovetop. "How do I use this?" He whispered, frantically to himself.

He heard footsteps coming from down the hall. 

"Oh no." He said to himself, starting to panic even more. He was going to get yelled at or hit or beaten or something, all because he couldn't stop causing problems. He sat on the floor, terrified, eyes shut, not even bothering to run. There was just no point.

The person ran into the kitchen. All Edgar heard was a curse, and...

"Nolite!"

Edgar still had his eyes shut, but what kind of curse word was that? He hadn't heard that one before. He slowly opened his eyes, and saw Jasper now on the floor with him, trying to calm him down.

"Edgar, it's okay. What happened?"

Edgar took several deep breaths to calm his terror. He really didn't know what had happened. "Um..." He bit his lip, not wanting to lie, but it would be better if he did. "Um, I just came downstairs and this - this owl was here, and there was a fire!" He pointed to Oto, who looked offended. "So...that is what happened."

Jasper turned to Oto. "Did you start the fire?" Oto looked annoyed now. Jasper sighed. "Why am I even talking to an owl?" He turned back to Edgar, and gave him an it's okay look. "Let's go upstairs." Jasper helped Edgar up as he was still shaking, and Jasper turned back to Oto. "Go on."

Oto gave a dignified hoot, and flew out an open window.

Jasper shook his head. "Bloody owls." He headed back to his room, Edgar following. Edgar went back to his room, and Jasper turned. "Coming Ed?"

"Yeah, one second." Edgar grabbed the package, and note Oto had brought, and followed Jasper into his room.

Jasper partially closed the door when they were both in, and Edgar immediately asked, "How did you stop the fire?" His eyes were wide. "Did you use magic?"

Jasper nodded. "Yeah, it's uh - it's a fire stopping charm I guess." He smiled nervously. "It worked!" He looked at Edgar who still looked shaken. "Hey, it's okay, it's not your fault, it's the owls." He gave a small chuckle. "Never thought an owl would start a fire."

Edgar bit his lip nervously.

"But don't worry, mum, and dad didn't get woken up, everything is fine." Jasper reassured him. "Whatcha got there?" Jasper indicated the package Edgar had.

"Oh, your friend sent you this." Edgar handed it to Jasper.

Jasper took the package. He stared at it, shock lingered in his eyes. He had gotten a package from every one of his roommates, and Ian, so this must have been from Harry. He found a bunch of packages by his window, they all arrived a day late. Jasper just wasn't used to getting gifts from anyone, but his brothers. Jasper had gotten a few things from his brothers that they had made, and he loved them. He had given each of his brothers a Sugar Quill, but Jasper wasn't expecting to get gifts from his friends.

"Wow." He smiled, and put the package with the others.

"Are you going to open them?" Edgar asked. It was nice to see his brother happy.

"Um..." Jasper really didn't want to open them in front of Edgar, he felt like he would be showing off, but Edgar seemed interested to know what was in the packages, so Jasper said, "Er...alright."

He grabbed the first package, and opened it. "Oh wow." He murmured. There was a package of Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans, a couple packages of Chocolate Frogs, Cockroach Clusters, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and, "A blood lollipop?" Jasper questioned, picking it up.

"What the bloody hell is a blood lollipop?" Ethan asked, who was just passing, and heard that.

"I...don't know." Jasper said, staring at the lolly.

Ethan entered the room with Toby, and Francis behind him. "What is all this?" Toby asked, looking at the packages of candy.

"My friends from school sent me things." Jasper said feeling guilty. "Would you like some?"

The three of them sat with Jasper, and Edgar. "I am still wondering what a blood lollipop is." Ethan said.

Jasper opened it, and tasted it. "Oh my gods!" He gagged.

"What?" Edgar asked.

"It tastes like blood."

Ethan scoffed. "It does not, you liar." He took the lolly from Jasper and tasted it. He made a face. "Ugh." He threw it to Jasper. "Is this what you weirdos like?"

Toby gave him a look, and Jasper replied, "Well wizards do have weird food. For example..." He pulled out Bertie Botts' Every Flavoured Beans. "These have a bunch of weird flavours."

Francis took the box, and squinted. "Earwax?"

Jasper nodded, and he noticed him squinting. "Are your glasses still working okay?"

Francis nodded. "Yeah.

"And your hearing aids?" Jasper asked. He wasn't really sure how they worked - if they needed to be replaced every year or so. Francis had just gotten them recently, and now it all made sense; Francis ignoring him or the others at points in time, he just honestly could not hear them.

It made Jasper think that their parents disliked Francis the most after him because they needed to spend more money on him that couldn't be avoided.

Francis nodded again. "Yeah."

Jasper raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying yeah because they actually work or yeah just to appease me?" Jasper knew Francis was nervous about admitting if he needed something new because he knew their parents would be angry about it so he just kept his mouth shut 99% of the time. "Because I can figure something out if you need them replaced at any time."

Francis shook his head. "No, they are okay."

"They seem to be working just fine." Toby said. "No teachers have complained, the only problem is that I always have to remind him to wear them." He gave him a pointed look, and Francis went back to looking at the box of Every Flavoured Beans.

That reminded Jasper of the note so he pulled it out.

Jasper,

I hope you have a good Christmas with your brothers! Gifford is writing this with Jon over his shoulder. I just thought you would like these sweets since you haven't had them much. I would say the blood lolly is quite good. Jon told me to write that, they are disgusting Jasper. Don't eat those. See you soon!

Gifford, and Jonathan

"Oh this is from Jonathan, and Gifford." Jasper said.

Toby looked up. "One of your school friends?"

Jasper nodded. "Yeah, they are two of my roommates, they are twins."

Toby nodded, and grabbed one of the other packages. "And who is this from?"

Jasper looked at the package. The box looked a bit beaten, and worn. "I think that may be from Dorothy." He took the package.

"Awww, is that your girlfriend?" Ethan asked in a baby voice.

"No." Jasper replied. "She is one of my friends, she kinda scares me." He opened the package. It was some sort of game that sent up sparks when he opened it, surprising him, and brothers. He took the note to see what exactly it was.

JASPER,

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SENT YOU SOMETHING I THINK YOU WOULD LIKE, IT IS EXPLODING SNAP. THE CARDS JUST EXPLODE WHEN YOU PLAY. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE A WIZARDING GAME TO PLAY WITH YOUR BROTHERS! IT IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GAMES. VENOM IS LIKING MY HOUSE, THOUGH MY LITTLE SISTER HATES VENOM BECAUSE VENOM HOPPED ON HER HEAD. I NEED TO GO NOW THOUGH. SEE YOU LATER, AND THANKS FOR THE GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOROTHY

"That's a lot of exclamation points." Ethan said, eyes skimming the letter. "And what is a Venom?"

"Oh, it's her teacup spider!" Jasper exclaimed.

The four of them stared at him. "You have some interesting friends..." Ethan said.

Jasper shrugged. "I mean she is nice...just scary sometimes." He pulled out another package that was from Penelope. "Aw, she doesn't even celebrate Christmas, she didn't have to." He pulled out a container that had a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Jasper,

Thank you for the gift, you didn't have to. I am already wearing it!! I hope you like the cookies, I baked them with my mum. You won't believe what my parents told me! I won't tell just yet, but I can't wait to tell everyone. I am so excited. Have a good holiday.

Penelope Drewner

"Ugh." Ethan was staring at the writing. "I can barely read that."

"Well it is cursive." Toby said, looking at the letter, trying to figure out what it said himself.

"Is she your girlfriend Jasper?" Edgar asked.

Jasper chuckled. "No, she is just a friend." He picked up an envelope, and there was a bunch of Wizarding money inside.

He dumped it in his hand, and Ethan stared at it. "What the hell is that?"

"Coins." Francis said.

"Yeah, but from where?" Ethan squinted at the coins.

"Wizard money." Jasper told them. He opened the note.

Dear Jasper

I hope you are having a good holiday! I wasn't sure what to get you, but I thought money would be best so you could buy whatever you want. Maybe you can get something to do with quidditch, as I know you like that. Very good taste you have. I got a toad for my birthday! I don't know what to name him yet, any ideas?

See you on the train!

Marty Brown

Jasper smiled, and put down the note. Again Marty really didn't need to get a gift as she didn't celebrate Christmas, but he appreciated it. Maybe he could save up this money for something whether it be for school or something his brothers needed.

Jasper picked up another package that was from Ian.

Jasper

I hope you are having a good holiday. I wanted to try to send this the muggle way, but Padamar said it would take too long, and made a big fuss that you may not get your gift on time. Anyway I do hope you like it. Maybe I will see you on the train? I'll see if I can find you.

Hello Jasper, it is Padamar. I think it would be best if you find Ian, you'll probably have less trouble.

I am sorry about my stupid sister. The joke isn't even that funny.

Ian

Jasper chuckled, and saw that Ian had sent one of those candy packages like Jonathan and Gifford. He looked back at his brothers. "We are definitely splitting all this."

"As long as it isn't that disgusting lollipop." Ethan muttered. He passed Jasper another package.

Jasper opened it, and saw a pack of hair dye. He picked it up, confused. "Huh." He said while staring at it.

"Why would someone send you hair dye?" Asked Toby, equally confused.

Jasper shrugged. "I am not sure." He looked in the box. "Oh, there is more." He fished out a book that was titled Magical Creatures & Habitats. "Wow, this looks cool!" He showed his brothers, and Francis opened the book.

Francis gasped. "They move!"

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked.

"The pictures!" Exclaimed Francis. "They move!" Edgar went over to the book, and watched as a butterfly flew across the page.

Jasper smiled as he watched his brothers watch the different types of creatures move, wishing they could go to Hogwarts as well, but they would just have to wait. He still had hope.

He opened the note.

Dear Jasper,

The hair dye was a joke. I just thought it would be funny to send as our first real encounter was me changing your hair colour. Even though I failed you still seemed to like it! I got this dye at a muggle store, so I don't really know how it works. Your actual gift is a book on magical creatures. When we visited the reserve, you seemed interested, so in case you wanted more information before third year, I got you a book on it!! I hope you like it.

I just received your gift while writing this, thank you! I love it. I miss you, and I can't wait to see you on the train. :D

Maryrose

Jasper now understood the point of the hair dye, and picked up the final package which was from Harry. He read over the letter, making note that he needed to send his address, but he didn't really want people to know where he lived, so maybe he could send him a place near his home? He hoped there was an Owl Post Office somewhere.

He opened the box, and inside was a book. That makes sense thought Jasper. Harry loved books. He read the title, and gasped making his brothers look up from the moving pictures. "It's a book on flying, and quidditch!" He showed his brothers. "Do you remember quidditch?" They nodded.

Ethan picked up the note from Maryrose. "Is she your girlfriend?"

Jasper shook his head laughing. "No, I don't have a girlfriend. You sound like Jonathan." Ethan looked at him confused. "He is always teasing Gifford about one of his friends."

Toby, and Edgar were looking at the game Exploding Snap. "Can we play that?" Toby asked. "I mean can normal people play that?"

Jasper didn't know why, but it hurt when Toby said normal, but he brushed it off, it wasn't a big deal. "I think so...hopefully it's quiet."

Jasper set up the game, and read the instructions. They played a few rounds together, luckily it wasn't too noisy or even if it was, their parents never complained. After they had a contest to see who could eat the most beans without backing out. Francis ended up winning. Jasper told them all a bit more about Hogwarts, and this time they all seemed to be interested, and they each told Jasper about how school was going for them.

It was fun. It was a good day. Jasper was just happy Ethan, and Francis (he seemed to be talking a lot more which was a plus) were talking to him. After what happened he wasn't sure, but now they seemed more...relaxed about Jasper's magical abilities, and interested in hearing about his school. It was a good Christmas...or Boxing Day. One of the best. And it wasn't because of the gifts Jasper received, it was because of the friends he had, and the way him, and his brothers were reconnecting after a long few months, a few years really. They finally understood what made Jasper different, and maybe, just maybe they were finally understanding that it wasn't a bad difference, it was a good one.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

4.6K 138 31
(Still needs some editing, if you see a mistake feel free to comment!) Started: February 1st, 2021 Finished: March 15, 2021 Tatum Miller attends Hogw...
2.4K 105 46
Going to Hogwarts is nothing like attending any other school. For one, you get to live most of the year in the grand and majestic castle. Second, you...
4.5K 314 51
Avery Dessen didn't like a lot of things. Mostly she didn't like the Marauders, History of Magic, and her grandmother, Millicent Bagnold. About to s...
189K 4.3K 40
Okay, you have no IDEA how much time it took me to try and make up a title or write a description. Please, before reading this description, note that...