silent

By islaholland

Amalia Romano is a selective mute. After years of enduring abuse from her step father, who has ridiculed and... More

characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
epilogue
SERIES INFORMATION
RELEASES

18

69.3K 1.8K 479
By islaholland

• AMALIA •

I have my own greenhouse. I have my own greenhouse. I have my own greenhouse.

I have my own greenhouse!

     It's been two hours since my dad and Elijah revealed it to me. I haven't left, not once. Grayson came out and gave me a bottle of water, as well as a hug since he hasn't seen me all day.

But beside from that, I haven't spoken to anybody else. I'm alone in here, which I like.

• LORENZO •

Xander punches the wall, making a massive hole in it. Elijah puts his head in his hands. Masons jaw clenches, and he stares down at his lap, fists balled up at his sides. Grayson looks up at me with wide eyes. Cole's eyes go glassy, but he quickly blinks his tears away and swaps his gaze so he's looking at the wall.

     "Are you fucking kidding me?" Xander shouts.

     "Shh." I urge. "She's upstairs." She should be sleeping. She's had a long day, and she spent a lot of time in her greenhouse, so she's probably tired. I only hope she's asleep already so she didn't hear the sound of Xander's fist flying into the wall and breaking it.

     He turns to me. "I told you. I told you that cunt probably did something, but you didn't listen!"

     How I wish I had. I wanted to trust Amalia—trust that if something did happen, she'd tell me. But she didn't. And I understand why, but I really, really, wish that she would have.

     "I know." I whisper, remorse lacing my tongue.

     Mason gets up and leaves without warning, the door slamming shut behind him. I sigh and lean forwards on my desk.

     "You can't mention it to her." I say, "she'll get upset. She thinks it's her fault."

     Elijah looks up at me, his eyes full of tears. "What?" He asks quietly. "Why would she think that?"

     "I don't know. The twisted fuck put it in her head." I inhale a heavy breath. "He's the reason she doesn't talk. She told me."

Graysons face drops.

     Xander storms out of the room like Mason did, and Cole stands, following his older brothers out. I sigh and lean back in my seat.

• AMALIA •

I wake up in the middle of the night when I hear people racing up the stairs, followed by the sound of doors slamming.

I furrow my eyebrows and slowly climb out of bed, wrapping a blanket around my shoulders as I slide my slippers on. I walk over to the door tiredly, then out into the hallway. I can hear quiet voices coming from downstairs, so that's the way I go. I make my way towards my dads office and knock on the wood of the door.

"Come in!"

I open the door to see my dad, Grayson and Elijah sitting around his desk, a certain sadness in each of their eyes that makes me sad.

My father plasters a smile onto his face. "Hi, baby."

I wave at him, trying to blink the tiredness out of my eyes. His expression softens as I walk over to him. He lifts me onto his lap, and I smile. It's comfy here. Safe.

"You should be in bed, sweetheart." He whispers, planting a kiss in my hair. I look at Elijah, who smiles at me, then at Grayson, who smiles even wider.

Have they been crying?

He leans back on the chair, making my head rest on his chest, and runs a hand through my hair.

"Did we wake you up?" He asks softly.

I shake my head, even though they did. He says something to Elijah and Grayson quietly, and a few seconds later they're saying goodnight to me, hugging me for a bit too long.

Not that I'm complaining; I love hugs. I just haven't received this many in.. I don't know how long.

"Do you want some food? Water?" He asks.

I shake my head again, eyelids weighing down with each moment that passes. I only came out of my room to make sure everything was alright, but now I get a cuddle instead.

My dad begins to rub my back, and within a few moments I'm out like a light, the tiredness of the day catching up to me as I melt into my fathers embrace.

I wake up to the smell of toast, eggs and tea, as well as to the feel of a heavy hand lightly scratching my arm soothingly.

I peel my eyes open. My dad looks down at me, a tired but happy expression on his face. He smiles. "Good morning, baby."

I wave at him. His smile turns into a grin as he sets the tray of food beside me and the cup of tea onto the bedside table.

"You're in your dance class for most of the day, so you need to eat all of this now, okay?" He questions. I nod, however my stomach begins to ache with the thought of eating all of that food. "I'll pack you some food too, but I know you'll be busy so you might not get to eat it all."

I nod.

"Alright. I'll come check on you in a little bit, and then you can start getting ready to go." He leans over and kisses my cheek while looking at me like I'm the cutest thing ever. I blush.

He leaves, sending me another smile before opening my door and stepping out, shutting it lightly behind him.

I lean back and begin to eat, only managing a slice and a half of toast and a little bit of the scrambled eggs before swallowing it down with a few sips of tea. I'm full already, but he said I needed to eat all of it now. He bought the food, so the least I could do is eat all of it..

     But I'm so full. I push it away and lean back onto the headboard.

AUTHORS NOTE (PLEASE READ!!)

I created this scene to help move my story along, but some obsessed girl is insulting me by calling me uncreative and stuff, so to shut her up, this scene was inspired by @gracesilverleigh , even though it's a common mafia scene that I think I did well to made my own. If someone did a spin-off of pride and prejudice is that plagiarism? No. I created the scene to move the story along. If you have a problem with that, then go comment on every other wattpad authors book.

Also, I know my story is amazing and this girl is just obsessed and bored. Thanks for all the support guys :)

So, as I was reading what some people were commenting, I came across two readers accusing me of plagiarism due to the names of the characters and the certain scene where Xander and Mason are drunk and they talk about Amalia in the kitchen, then discover her arm. They said it was very similar to the scene in "Their Sister, Their Strength."

     I have read that book ages ago, and I do like it. But I didn't intend to steal anything from it. The scene was just in the back of my mind, and I didn't remember it was in that book until these people pointed it out.

     First of all, the names are ones I use in a lot of my books and what are commonly used in many others. If they sound similar, then I'm sorry, but they're names and, once again, I didn't intend to copy anybody with them. These names are used in a lot of my other books.

     I'll also say that a lot of other books have that scene, but I didn't try to copy it. Once again, it was in the back of my mind as an idea and I didn't remember where it had come from. I'm sorry if people thought I was purposely stealing other ideas from books, I would never do that. Books are authors ideas of individuality, and to think that someone thought I would try to take somebody's ideas and scenarios that they had created on their own is kind of insulting. And not only that, but they put the idea in other peoples heads.

     The last thing I want is for people—especially my readers—to think I'm a plagiarist. Many books of this genre most likely have scenes like this, but maybe you haven't discovered them yet. I re-read the scene from "Their Sister, Their Strength", and while I see why you think it's similar, I didn't intend for it to be. I want to be an individual writer, not someone who's books are carried on other authors backs.

     Thanks to all of those who have stuck by me throughout this journey of writing "Silent". More chapters will be coming soon. If you have any requests for scenarios etc. please comment them here!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

reticent By isla

Teen Fiction

652K 33.1K 82
Amalia Romano is sixteen years old now. Still a dancing prodigy, she lands herself a photoshoot for a magazine that'll help her get to where she want...
31.7K 858 24
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...
Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.5M 132K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...
272K 6.1K 48
Brooke Amoretti hides her problems behind a snarky smile and sarcastic comments. She doesn't have the luxuries of most 16 year olds; who would when...