Mama-Spider and Spider-son

By SkyPines13

While on a mission that was supposed to just be getting information on a rising group that was against SHIELD... More

Introduction
New Home
The Getting to Know You Stage
Home Sweet Home
Happy Birthday Peter!
Agent Gets Suspicious
Peter Chronicles Pt. 1
Snow Day
The Avengers
Fam GC
Peter Chronicles Pt. 2
The Next Great Adventure
The return of Octopus Co.
Another?
Meet My Coworkers
Peter Chronicles Pt. 3
That Was Awesome!
Mom's Side of the Family
Moving Period
Authors Note

The Mission

1.7K 28 7
By SkyPines13

Natasha Romanoff, the ex-assassin that is more commonly known as the Black Widow. She's trying to make up for what she did during her time in the red room, and at the same time forgetting some things about the red room would be nice too. The red room put her through a type of torture, she still has nightmares about those times even though she's been out of their grasps for a couple of years.

One special mission they come home from a mission in Berlin. There was an organization that was starting to get higher up that was against SHIELD, SHIELD also had reason to believe that they were selling military grade weapons. So, they were sent in to take down the base and get information on them. 

What they got to the building Clint started locating the weapons and Natasha started loading the information from the computer onto the flash drive. Clint and the rest of the SHIELD agents with them got the weapons out of the building as well as taking down the guards that were in the building and Natasha loaded everything onto the flash drive, just as planned. 

They were about to leave when Natasha heard... whimpering?

"Clint, you hear that?"

"Really Natasha, you're asking me about hearing something?"

"Right, sorry."

Clint rolled his eyes before gesturing Natasha to lead the way. She walked from door to door in the hallway putting her ear against the door to see if it was the room the sound was originating from. After a few doors she found the door. She looked at Clint as a gesture to let him know that this was the room and they both prepared for anything that could be behind the door.

Natasha slowly opened the door and inside was a little boy that looked about five years old with brown hair and large doe eyes, crying. He looked scared and he backed up from the two adults closer to the wall. 

Natasha's heart broke at the sight, it reminded her too much of the young girls that would be in the red room before they had their minds wiped. 

She moved closer to him slowly so he wouldn't back away, and she reached for his hands causing him to flinch before she slowly put her hands around his. It didn't take long for him to launch himself into Natasha and wrapping his arms around her. At first, she was startled by the action but let it happen and hugged him back. His crying led to sobbing when he was pulled into the hug and Natasha started to softly hum a Russian lullaby to hopefully calm him down.

After a few minutes he stopped crying and Natasha pulled back enough for them to be able to look each other in the eye. 

"Hi. My name is Natasha, but you can call me Nat. Can you tell me your name?"

"Peter Parker." His voice was trembling, and he sounded like he was seconds away from crying again. 

"Well Peter Parker, me and my friend Clint over there are gonna get you out of this place and protect you now." She nodded her head towards Clint in the doorway before looking back at Peter who gave her a wobbly smile.

Natasha then went to stand up, when she stood up the little boy decided that he was going to cling to her. She didn't have the heart to put him down, so she walked with Clint throughout the base to find that there was back up sent for the other group, and they walked out just in time to meet the back up. 

Natasha and Clint along with the SHIELD agents started to shoot back. Natasha honestly forgot that she was holding a child after a few minutes of fighting, at least until she felt more tears seep through her shirt. Looking down and seeing the child look at the seen in horror made her remember a few things. Like how this wasn't a necessarily bad fight to her but to the seven-year-old who was still clinging to Natasha it was without a doubt traumatizing experience. So, she turned his head onto her opposite shoulder so that he couldn't watch anymore.

After the SHIELD agents and Clint got the other organizations men into secured restraints Natasha walked out of the building with Peter. While she walked out, she took notice of how when they saw her with Peter a decent amount of them tried to break free and stop her. 

She sat down on the Quinjet that they used to get there, and Peter stayed there sitting on her lap. It didn't take long for Peter to fall asleep, especially after Natasha started carding her fingers through his hair. 

Clint walked into the jet and even though Natasha knew that he wanted to ask her questions he didn't say anything, just giving her a look that she didn't know what it meant. 

A few hours later they arrived back in Washington DC and immediately went to meet with Fury in his office. Walking into the office with the still sleeping Peter, Fury wasn't amused.

"What the hell is a child doing here after I sent you on a mission to gather information?" Fury questioned with a stoic face and kept his eye trained on the kid that Natasha was holding.

"They had him held captive in the base. I'm not leaving a child there to fend for themselves. Do you think you can find the kid's family so we can send him home?"

Fury didn't say anything at first but eventually he exhaled a sigh and went to the computer on the desk opening up an e-mail. 

"You know the kid's name?" 

"Peter Parker."

"I sent it to Hazeltine; she'll send me the results once she gets them. Until then get cleaned up and comfortable, because this kid might have the most basic name I've ever seen." 

Both the agents went to leave but Natasha remembered that she couldn't take Peter with her. She tried to decide whether it would be better to let him sleep and leave him on the couch in the room, or to wake him up and him know where he is but he definitely won't go back to sleep.

"You should wake him up. If he wakes up in a new place with an unfamiliar person, he might go into a panic attack." Clint said while putting his hand on Natasha's shoulder. 

She didn't question how he knew what she was thinking, and she was definitely not going to ignore his advice since he was the one that new more about kids. He does have one of his own and another on the way. 

She carefully set Peter down before shaking him slightly, waking him up. When he woke up, he looked around and was closing up. Once Natasha noticed this, she cooed how he was okay, and she whispered reassurances that he was alright.

"It's alright Peter. This is Nick Fury, he's a close friend. We're in Washington DC and in his office. Your fine."

Peter visually calmed down and looked at Fury. Peter's look was met with a serious look from Fury, the look didn't seem to bother him though since Peter gave him a smile and a wave. Clint had to stifle a laugh with a cough, not being ready for the reaction. Natasha just smiled at Peter and Fury just stayed in the same position not moving a muscle. 

"Do you think you can sit here with Fury for twenty minutes so Clint and I can go get cleaned up?"

"Don't go!" Peter immediately hugged around Natasha again and held a firm grip.

"Peter, I promise I will be right back. Twenty minutes tops. Fury is super nice too. Besides, you don't want me and Clint to smell bad do you?" She reassured him for a few minutes before he finally agreed.

Once the two left Peter sat there in silence staring at Fury. Fury sat there looking right back at him. When Fury thought that Peter was just going to sit silently the whole time Peter laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"You look like a pirate." Peter had a toothy smile this time and Fury honestly didn't know what to respond with. 

Before Fury figured out what to respond with Peter backpeddled.

"I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude! You have an eye patch and a cool coat so you look like a pirate and pirates are really cool, so I was just saying you're cool and-!"

"It's alright kid."

Fury ended up giving Peter a tablet with Galaga on it and let him play till his heart's content. During the little time that they spent sitting there he learned that Peter was a large fan of videogames, seeing as he went on a rant about how snake was his favorite retro game and the reasons behind it. 

By the time a shocked Natasha and Clint walked in, Fury was sitting right next to Peter on the couch watching him play the game. The two agents smirked at the sight before them, and Natasha was even about to get her phone before Fury threatened

"Don't you even think about even speaking." without looking away from the screen.

Both knew better than to not listen, so they just sat on the couch.

A few hours later, that Peter got a bath and food, Hazeltine sent Fury the information she gathered, and the group were disappointed to find he had no living relatives left. Natasha knew that she wasn't going to let Peter just go into the system and she knew that she wanted to keep him closer. That's when she had the best idea she would ever think of. 

After hours of convincing and negotiating as well as asking Peter himself that he was okay with it, Natasha Romanoff was going to adopt Peter Parker. Well, Peter Parker Romanoff now. 

Fury, Clint, and her figured all of it out. It was just going to work like how it worked for Clint. She took Clint up on his offer for her to live in one of the spare bedrooms that he had, and Peter would stay in the other one next to her room. Then she would leave Peter at the house when she was called away for missions and she would go back home to spend time with him. 

Clint, Natasha, and Peter were about to leave on the Quinjet when Fury called for Peter to come back. Natasha and Clint were confused at first, but Peter just went back to Fury without question. 

When Peter got up to Fury, Fury went down onto his knee and held the tablet that Peter was playing on earlier to Peter.

"Enjoy your new family, kid."

"Thanks, Uncle Fury!" Peter gave Fury a hug around the shoulders and Fury froze for a minute before patting Peter on the back and handing him the tablet and clearing his throat.

"No problem, kid."

Then Peter ran back to the Quinjet and sitting down right to Natasha and looking out the window waving at Fury until they were in the air. If the windows were one-way, bullet-proof glass Natasha didn't say anything. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.4K 31
Tony Stark's daughter, Y/n (no one knows that she is a Stark though), falls in love With Peter Parker (Spiderman). Soon after, HYDRA attacks Midtown...
13.6K 208 5
Your favorite couple, Natasha and Tony have a son, his name's Peter. I guess you can suppose what comes next is only up to fate? Sequel oneshot book...
18.9K 387 47
Evelyn had lost everything the day Hydra took her. Her friends, her family, and her freedom. She had given up hope and then The Avengers attacked t...
139K 3.3K 30
Natasha Romanoff has a secret son. He was taken by Hydra at the age of three. She meant to text Clint but accidentally text someone else. Could that...