Fragments Of An Existence

By Niandyartic

Cale Henituse and the White Star's existence are tied to each other. and if one of them dies... the other wh... More

Prologue
[1]-Another work piled up
[2]-A lone keeper
[3]-The Sacrificial Commander
[4]-Succeed the trial
[5]-Succeed the trial (2)
[6]-Succeed the trial (3)
[7]-Selfish
[9]-Mission: Steal it
[10]-Decision
[11]-Writer's Ache
[12] - "CS"

[8]-Divine and holy item

186 20 8
By Niandyartic

I'm going insane

--

"That's a lot of blood."

Rosalyn mumbled while massaging her forehead. staring deadpanned at the redhair in front of her.

"I'm a bit dizzy, but I can still think."

He smiled brightly, similar to a certain crown prince.

"I'm a person who never stops thinking."

Bud Illis, that is beside the mage groaned loudly.

"That is even worse!"

They are in front of the Crown prince's castle. they had heard the news of two intruders infiltrating the building and targeting the Young master Cale, who executed three large explosions, making them easier to go into the building and gain contact with the Young master.

There are several clones that are created by one of the intruders, having the shape of a woman with excellent swordsmanship, the clones slow them and it isn't easy to handle half of them.

Thankfully, the clones then perished after some time fighting with them. cue to Choi Han's help by defeating the intruders and...

"How are you even standing?"

Alberu grumbled while looking at the redhair with an annoyed face, seemingly tired of his repeating antics.

Cale waved the question off and said, "There might be reinforcements. we need to prepare ourselves for that."

"And you need to fix yourself, Cale Henituse."

The three in front of him are clearly exaggerating, Cale ignored it once more.

"Have you seen Choi Han? I have heard from one of the knights that he rushed to your room after beating a couple of clones."

Glenn, who had come over said, earning an awkward expression on Cale's face.

"Based on your complexion, I guessed something went wrong?"

Ah, his Hyung really threw a bingo.

The Young master nervously looked away.

"Something along with being selfish..."

Alberu's eye twitched, then smiled. "I can fully understand that."

"We need to handle the damage after learning our situation, let's take our part."

Rosalyn then walked away with Glenn by her side, preparing the mage's brigade for caution. soon Bud Illis left, close to the knights to discuss the plans they had made, Cale realized the crown prince that is still standing beside him.

"... Don't you have your own tasks?"

The Crown prince nodded, then took an index finger to his chin while looking towards the sky that is slightly grey, rain would start pouring soon.

"I do, But I sensed something is wrong."

Something is wrong?

Cale immediately widened his eyes after hearing his next reply.

"...I felt that we're doing something that we shouldn't have."

suddenly, the redhair felt a creeping chill behind his back.

... based on the original storyline, what Alberu said was not included in one of the chapters.

after he altered the original storyline, everything turned into a completely different outcome. such as when he [Embraced] White Star's ancient power and others.

He had thought that they will learn something unusual, after all. they had to repeat the same dialogues and act. surely they would freak out if their memories of the last turn isn't wiped.

But Cale thought disturbingly.

'... They are slowly gaining conscience.'

After multiple times repeating the same situation without knowing, they are becoming puppets that could only live by following the storyline.

What if, you see a scene where a character noticed they are in a novel, realizing that they had been watched by these [Inhabitants] the entire time?

What if they gained the will to thought and control the bodies of their own? not restrained by those beings that are called [Writers] or [Inhabitants?]

...

"We should focus on our part first, Hyung-nim."

Alberu stared at Cale with suspicion, but then nodded his head slowly.

"I suppose you are right, My dear Dongsaeng. please find Choi Han and apologize to him."

He watched Alberu leave.

Cale remained on the spot, looking down at the ground with unreadable eyes.

"... I will."

---

[Cale's original world]

Pendrick gently puts a device besides the sleeping Young master, turned it on, and watched the steam coming out from the device.

'This should be alright.'

The device is used for patients that are panicked or unable to calm themselves, this device would help them relax and soothe their minds, Pendrick smiled proudly and stood up, bowing towards the young master before leaving the room.

"Eruhaben-nim."

"Thank you for your help, Pendrick."

The ancient dragon sighed.

It has been days after the sudden shock that Cale had given them.

"Stay for a few days, you have just got here yes?"

"I will, thank you Eruhaben-nim!"

"Go rest in a spare room that the butler has provided."

Pendrick nodded obediently and walked away with a sunny heart, happy to help the young master and assist them.

Eruhaben then started to thought.

'Choi Han and Cage, they haven't gone back.'

The swordsman and former priestess had left to go to the nearest church of death, whatever they want to do. Eruhaben doesn't want to hear a word of it, he could specifically guess what kinds of things they would possibly make.

Maybe burning a building.

'How could we help this unlucky b*****?'

This punk, even if luck is by his side, wouldn't change anything.

The only way they could help is taking care of his body and...

'It disappeared.'

His soul had disappeared since yesterday.

The body is still breathing and functioning properly, but now it is just an empty puppet. even if he woke up, he wouldn't be the Cale Henituse that they had known. just a body without any will to live.

If it wasn't Cale that he was thinking about, he would absolutely get a heart attack, thankfully. this is Cale Henituse, he did get a small heart attack after thinking ... that there might be a possibility that his soul had shattered and disappeared...

But of course, even for an ancient dragon.

Think positively!

Think positively even if your life is in complete shambles!

Even not gaining any clue about this nonsense situation.

Think. positively!

--

"You [*****] piece of [*****]. tell us a way to help Young master Cale or I'll [***] you and burn this church to the ground. Do you hear me?! hey you [***]!"

Cage gritted her teeth while clenching her hands tighter, 'praying' to the Ruler of Death while mumbling the repeating words, while Choi Han is behind her staring deadly at the Church's altar.

They are using magic that Rosalyn has used for them, transforming their hair color and face, and now both of them had changed into different people.

The priest and believers around them shivered at the coldness they gave, avoiding the two newcomers, and prayed for forgiveness of those foolish sheeps.

"Respond to me you [***]!"

"Drink some water."

Choi Han could hear her voice getting raspy and dry, she had been like this since hours ago without any rest.

The Excommunicated-priestess finally stopped and sighed, unclasping her hands and receiving a bottle that Choi Han gave him.

"That [***] didn't reply."

They need answers to this unexpected situation, she also wanted to know about Cale's condition from his point of view. that is why the two of them went to this church of Death without any care of those people who stared at them with uneasiness.

Sitting on this marble floor until hours proved her genuine care for the young master, including Choi Han who hasn't left her sid, even a second.

"Let's get some fresh air."

"...sigh."

She stood up and brushed her clothes, walking towards the exit of the building with Choi Han behind her.

The believers and others sighed in relief, finally forwarding their business with ease.

While walking, he realized something and questioned Cage.

"I remembered a Bishop the other day, he said that the Ruler of Death had prepared a divine item, only for him?"

Surrounding people around them suddenly halted, Cage immediately turned to him in a fast-paced and clenched his clothes with a horrified expression.

She whisper-shouted.

"Why did you need to say that?!"

Choi Han gulped, clueless about the ex-priestess's panicked complexion. she groaned faintly before grabbing his hand and rushing towards the exit--

Bang!

The door was shut closed.

Choi Han stopped and prepared his stance, taking out the sword in his scabbard. glaring at the suddenly appearing people behind them.

Except for Cage, of course.

"Oh [****]! you [****] really couldn't leave us the [***] alone!"

A person then went ahead behind the hordes of believers, a very person that they remembered well.

The Bishop.

"My apologies, are you the trusted people of young master Cale Henituse?"

Cage glared at the swordsman.

"Please, listen to me first!"

"Just get to the point."

"Yes! I want to tell you about the Divine item's current condition!"

The Bishop clasped their hands together, it disturbingly reminded them of that white-haired lunatic.

"The Church of Death and its believers have gained a blessing from the Ruler of Death!"

The hordes of people behind him then opened a path to the priest that is holding an item. covered by a white cloth, presenting it to Cage and Choi Han who is still staring in disbelief.

"The Ruler of Death has given us an opportunity to touch this wondrous and holy divine weapon that is presumed for the Young master Cale Henituse!"

They widened their eyes.

"The electric current that has been limiting us to admiring the divine and holy item up close, now by the blessings that the lord has given us, we have finally been able to praise this high item!"

The Bishop has gone cray by the looks of his eyes.

But Cage didn't get the chance to look at it.

The Ruler of Death whispered in her mind.

Hey Cage.

Can you steal that weapon?

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 11.6K 61
Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and Eastern Continent. All thanks to a single...
38.7K 2.7K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...
2.3K 224 8
"There is one last world which would have gained a new balance if you didn't directly interevent." Before Cale could say anything, the God of Balance...
133K 9K 63
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. Note: Thi...