Not Insane. Just Chaotic

By wisterialays

This is a love story based on Ian Malcolm and Loralie Grant. Lori is Alan Grants 20 year old daughter. She, l... More

1.) Dino Dig Up
2.) Real Dinos
3.) Lunch Time
5.) Med Kit Miracle
6.) Out-Running Raptors
7)- Race Against the Odds
8)- Hospital Rush

4.) Gentle Giants and Death Tickets

12 0 0
By wisterialays

I watch Ellie and my father run out of the jeep and down the trail. "See there it is again now one would have suspected they would have jumped out of a moving vehicle." I jumped out to follow my dad and Ellie. I could faintly hear him talking to himself, I laughed and smiled. "Are you coming? '' I yelled back to him, still running in the direction of my dad and Ellie. I get just out of hearing range to tell if he opened the door or not to follow me. I stopped close up next to Ellie and my dad, peaking over their shoulders I could see what looked like a giant triceratops. However, it looked sick, from what I don't know. I do know though these were my father's favorite, you could also tell from the tears in his eyes. I left the scene and tried looking for anything that could have made her sick if she ate it or something. After a slight trip I found some kind of plant that looked like a West Indian lilac. A plant that is very much deadly if eaten or ingested. "Hey, Ellie, Dad. You gotta come and check this out. I think I know what is making them sick." After calling for them they didn't wait all too long before they found their way back to me. 

"Oh my god thats west Indian Lilac. No wonder she is so sick. She must have been eating them." Ellie said. "They don't eat them. That's why we let them be here. They look nice and they don't eat them." The man said. "Well there is nothing else here making her sick sir. This is the only thing. Plus there are some of the pods over there slightly crushed. That means that those fell out of her mouth as she was eating them." I said slightly snippy because the man was so thick headed. "Easy Kitty." I heard Ellie call again. I shook my head and stood up all the way from my crouched down place near the plant.  "I'm gonna need to go through and look at her droppings just to make sure that she was eating these if it really is the thing that is making her sick." Ellie said. We all nodded and followed her as she put on a full arm glove.

"Wow, she's a bit um tenacious isn't she," Ian said as we watched her dig through it and then walk away after she found what she needed. "You have no idea." Both my father and I said at the same time. "When she has her heart set on something there is nothing that can be done to stop her. Well nothing other than death maybe but even then she would fight it as hard as she could." I said, chuckling a little bit. My father Ian and I made our way back to the cars where Geranno and the children were waiting.  I get in the back of the car with Ian as my father gets up in the front. He shoots his gaze back at us, raising his eyebrow in question. I smiled at him and I was innocent and he turned around shaking his head back and forth. With that the cars started moving and it was the start of a silent and peaceful car ride.

"So kid, what do you know about these things? Dinosaurs I mean." Ian asked me. I smiled and shook my head. "Almost anything there is to know. I have a eidetic memory so anything I read, even once I can remember with amazing detail. That's why I know so much. I can remember almost anything that I see or hear."  I told him with a smile on my face. "Yeah, so that means you cant tell her anything when you get drunk, she will remember and use it against you for the rest of your life." My father said, smiling and laughing slightly. I laughed along with him knowing that he was right. "Wow, who would have thought." Ian said slightly in awe. I smiled as a small evil thought popped in my head. "I can cause quite the amount of chaos." I told him, smirking as his eyes went wide.

When we got back to the main road it was near pitch black and it had started to rain. Ian and I were busy talking about nothing in particular when all of the sudden everything shut down. "What did I touch?" My dad asked. "Nothing. You didn't touch anything we just stopped." I told him as I leaned between the two front seats trying to figure out if it was anything that we could fix or something like that. I felt a pair of warm hands on either side of my hips to keep me from swaying or falling over. I looked back for less than a second before continuing what I was looking for. After figuring out that there was nothing that I was going to be able to do. I stayed where I was for a little bit. I would never admit out loud that I loved the warm and gentle feeling that Ian Malcolm's hands graced. Those thoughts were soon pushed out of my mind when I saw the water in the small cups start to tremble.

In that same moment I saw the leg of the goat fall from somewhere and land on the roof of the other car. My hand flew to cover my mouth. I looked at my dad and moved as slow as I could back into my seat. My hand was still over my mouth when my back hit the rest of my seat. "What is it? Lorelai. What's wrong?" They both asked me at the same time. "We, we're not alone anymore. Something is wrong. Nothing makes the ground tremble like that. Not unless-" "Not unless that something is really really big." Ian finished for me. The ear splitting roar that sounded was proof enough that something really big and mean was about to either kill us or get really close to it.

"Man I hate being right all the time." Ian said. "That was the Rex. Nothing else big enough to make those tremors make that sound." I told him and my father. "So what are we gonna do?" Ian asked a little alarmed. "Their vision is based on movement. If we don't move then there is no way that thing will be able to see us." I told them. Really I was telling Ian since my father already knew that. I just hoped the kids and Geranno knew that in the other car. "I really just wanted a vacation from Montana, I didn't want to die here." I said a little above a whisper. "You won't die here Lor. I promise you that." Ian said way faster than my dad could. I smiled up at him and gently grabbed his hand. I was terrified and there was nothing that we could do but wait and see. I looked up to see the giant monster-thing ripping away the electric cable that kept it in its paddock. All of the power was shut down. That's why we weren't moving and that's why she was able to get out.

As soon as she was out the petty lawyer took it as his chance to abandon the children. He left the door open and everything. "He left them. He actually left them." I said to myself in hysteria. The movement made the rex look in our direction. No. Not our direction. The childrens direction. Where they were flashing around a flashlight. They were making themselves the largest target in this entire park. "Turn it off turn it off." My dad whispered to himself. It was too late. She knew something was in there and she was going to do anything she needed to do to get to them. I pushed the small button that opened my window. "What the hell do you think your doing?"  I was asked instantly but I didn't take my finger off the button. I was a good liar and now was the perfect time to use it. "I need air or I'm going to have a panic attack. now shut up so she won't look over here next." They nodded and I smiled.

I waited until the rex wasn't looking in my direction, and then I did something I never thought I would do. I flung myself out of the window and crawled as fast as I could over to the children. The best part was that since my father knew I would die if he called out my name, they both didn't move. When I was out of her sight though I looked back and saw nothing but pure fear and worry. I crawled in the car with the kids and took the flashlight away from them, however doing so Timmy flashed her right in the eye. In that instant, she broke through the top of the car. We were all on our backs trying to hold the glass up. I had strong legs, I knew that, but even still it didn't matter. She was just that strong. I didn't realize that I was grinding my teeth together so hard or that I was really grunting and straining. All I knew was that I had to keep these kids alive. Me after that.

I was snapped out of that though when she pulled her head back, and then started to try and flip the car. I wanted to pull them to the window or door but by the time I had rangled them she had already flipped us over. I felt glass and metal slice through my arms and legs but I didn't care. I had the kids mostly covered, that's all I cared about. That was until she started to step on the car, effectively crushing us down into the mud. The kids crying made it hard to think straight but they were even more scared than I was so there was nothing that I could blame them for. I got myself out, then grabbed for Lex, that was until I heard her scream harder, telling me that she was right behind me. I rolled out of the way from her mouth and to the other side of the car, I needed to try and get Timmy out while I was on this side at least, but his feet were caught. And really there was nothing that I would be able to do with her right here.

I took the chance and ran back to my dad and Ian. I instantly ran to the back with the flares. "What are you doing now." My father asked. "Are you insane?" Is what I heard from Ian. I smiled as I lit my flare. "Not Insane. Just Chaotic." I told him as I ran back and waved my arms around like I was actually crazy. "Come on you big son of a bitch come and get me!!" I screamed. That got her attention and she left the kids alone. "Dad, Ian get the kids out of there. Go hide where there are more trees." I told them as I started to run. I threw the flare and hid behind a trash can when I knew that she was really following me. I heard her roar and then the soft hiss of another flare. I peeked out despite my better judgment and saw Ian being thrown into the bathrooms where the shitty lawyer ran.

Then I saw the shitty lawyer's demise before her attention was turned back on the car and my father. I knew that he knew what he was doing so when I deemed it safe I ran back and tried to see if Ian was ok. "Ian!" I yelled when I found him. I saw that he was bleeding pretty badly from his leg. I did the only thing that I could think of and that was to take his shirt off and use it to make a makeshift tourniquet to prevent him from bleeding out. "You know if you just wanted me to take off my shirt, Little Grant, You could have just asked." He said, trying to get me to laugh. It worked but I was still crying, though I couldn't feel the tears running down my face. "Hey don't cry for me. We just met. Go and save yourself. I promised you wouldn't die here." He said, wiping my tears away. "If you die here, so do I. I don't care if we just met. The instant you die, I will too." I said sternly, surprising myself a little at me being so forward. But it was true. I was in love with Dr. Ian Malcolm and I was gonna save his life even if it killed me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 80 9
Meeting a t-rex in the flesh was unexpected, but meeting a chaotician wasn't very uneventful either. Maya Hyde is the newest paleontologist on the ma...
49.8K 1.2K 19
{ A story based on the 2015 film Jurassic World } Callie Evans escapes to her dad's workplace for a week; having spent her summer vacation helping he...
11.4K 292 10
Your father is John Hammond and he invited you to visit his new theme park. You gladly accepted but you excitement vanishes when you see that his law...
1.3K 32 8
Takes place four years after the events of The Lost World. Ian and Clarissa Malcolm are peacefully living with their son Owen Grady who is now twenty...