Ian & Scotty Snow Day

By splatbergg

Ian and Scotty wake up together to a perfect snow day ❅ ❆ Cover art is by @skip.draws on Inkstagram! More

Other Art!

❆ Ian and Scotty Snow Day ❅

22 2 0
By splatbergg

^The Video Above: I attached a video to this Wattpad so you can listen to this theme-setting song as you read :-)

The cover on the video is by @/yune_artt on Inkstagram

Book Cover Art:

By @/skip.draws on Inkstagram—thank you so much!

Ian and Scotty Snow Day

"'Ey, Scotty," Ian whispers, his grin unusually cheerful yet not immoderate. He gives the purple-inked Inkling lying in front of him a gentle shake by the shoulder, chuckling mirthfully when Scotty blinks open his eyes in response.

"Mm?" Scotty replies, sleep still visible across his gentle features. It doesn't seem that his mind is completely present yet. He forces more of his focus onto the world of the awakened, and takes a few seconds to realize that his hands are pressed against Ian's smooth, bare chest as his face is a short distance away from Ian's lower neck and collar area, while the golden-yellow-inked Inkling has his arms around him.

"It's snowing," Ian answers, and Scotty can hear the smile in his tone, making it contagious enough to spread to him.

"Yep, that's what was on the weather report last night, so I'd hope so," Scotty remarks, yawning, then snuggles closer into Ian's warmth and rests his eyes closed again.

Ian just chuckles at him, and Scotty can't help but smile at the feeling of his laughter against his hands. "You know I won't last much longer here. You knew what it meant when we were expecting snow today."

Scotty's smile is still prominent even when he releases a displeased groan at the feeling of Ian pulling away. "Awh, Iann!" he whines, earning more chuckles out of the tall, golden-yellow-inked Inkling.

"We have time for that later! You've got nothin' to complain 'bout," Ian tells him, and Scotty can hear him pulling out one of the dresser drawers. He blinks open his eyes yet again to a rather excessively blurred image of Ian standing in front of the cabinet.

With another smile, Scotty just turns himself over toward his bedside table to find that the usual blurred white figure isn't there. He reaches for the tabletop to pat it to check if his glasses really are on top of it, but finds only the base of the lamp.

"Uhm, Ian? Where are my glasses?" Scotty asks, his smile still present, yet a hint of confusion is visible on his face.

"Oh," Ian starts, sounding amused, "You don't remember our little couch binge last night?" He chuckles a little before going on. "You know, I haven't noticed until now how much we really take off."

Scotty just laughs at him. "Yeah, right. You wish."

"Well," Ian starts playfully, and Scotty watches his blurred out figure approach. "You wish too, don't you?"

Scotty only stares back at him, shaking his head as his smile is still far from faded. "Right. I'll try and see if I can get off earlier when the weekdays start up again. Sheldon should be able to understand that solving physics problems for his weapons isn't that urgent. Maybe that way I won't come home just to eat then sleep."

Ian chuckles at his comment to gaze at him for a moment after his words. "That plan makes me happy just thinkin' 'bout it. You know I've been getting a few... 'particular' cravings for you, let's say."

Scotty only laughs, shaking his head again. "Ian," he starts, sounding amused yet firm, "My glasses."

"Oh right, I'm sure they're just there around somewhere," he replies, and Scotty watches his blurred figure make his way over. "Ah, here. Looks like they fell behind the cabinet."

Scotty chuckles as Ian taps the white-framed glasses into his hands. "Thanks."

"Yep. Now let's get goin'. I secretly can't wait to get out there," Ian responds, then heads into the bathroom, and Scotty laughs at him again at his word choice of "secretly" when he named the supposed "secret" right then and there.

Scotty slips on his glasses, which crisp up his vision by a ridiculously remarkable amount. He lifts himself farther off their bed, sitting on the edge to gaze out the window for a moment, and he watches the snowflakes peacefully drift by as lightened, white sun rays spill inside through the wide glass pane. It really does look like the start of a wonderful Saturday.

"Alright babe, bathroom's all yours," Ian apprises, and Scotty turns to the view of Ian behind him, who's stepping out of the open door with a thumb pointing toward it, still wearing nothing but his shorts.

"Ian, I don't even look anything of the sort. I don't find the nickname very suitable," Scotty states, slightly smiling as his chocolate brown gaze is fixated aside with a light dusting of pinkish across his cheeks to accompany his shy stare.

Ian only chuckles at his remark. "Well, it got nothin' to do with the looks, but even with that said, I'd say you do."

Scotty's stare returns to the taller Inkling's face to find him offering a smile, as if he's confident of what he's telling him. Scotty can only break their eye contact, releasing a few quieted chuckles as he stares down at his hands.

"That's cute, but I'd really like to get out there pretty soon my Scotty boy," Ian amusedly remarks.

"Right," Scotty starts, chuckling again, "Giving in to my boyfriend's childish needs. I almost forgot."

"Fun isn't just for children, babe," Ian argues with a light, buoyant tone to his words as he slips on a shirt. "I'll be in the kitchen getting our breakfast started," he adds, and his actions obey his words less than a moment afterward. Scotty watches him, still smiling, as Ian is making his way over there. Then Scotty moves himself toward the bathroom to get ready for the day, which includes brushing his teeth with more care than most would think necessary, along with the other usual parts of anyone's routine.

Scotty is doing up the last few buttons of his shirt as he turns the corner into their kitchen to find Ian at the counter beside the stove, Squidmas music playing in the background. Scotty can't stop himself from laughing at the adorable sight. "It's only the sixteenth of November, Ian."

Ian turns at Scotty's remark and away from his project at the counter, revealing his defensive smile. "Who says it depends on the month and not the vibe?"

Scotty only laughs again at his boyfriend's reasoning, suddenly finding it valid. Maybe it's the adorableness of his excitement for the season. That must be what's so convincing. "I suppose that's a reasonable point."

Ian releases a singular, pleased chuckle at Scotty's words, then returns to his cooking. It brings a wonder to Scotty on what it is, remembering that he hasn't seen it yet. "What are you making?"

"Oh, you'll see. You'll be surprised how fast and festive I am," Ian responds lightheartedly.

Then Scotty notices the waffle iron beside him as he's mixing what must be the batter in a bowl. "Waffles," he starts, sounding amused, "Very festive."

Ian chuckles. "Just you wait."

Scotty only laughs again, then allows his gaze to wander around the room. The TV and couch area is a short distance away from the kitchen, books scattered across the coffee table with a few empty cups and plates that Scotty used for tea. The blanket on his reading chair is ruffled and half hanging off the edge, and a few pillows are flat on the floor. He chuckles at the sight, finding it funny how it really does look like a "couch binge" scene.

Scotty makes his way over to the mess to begin straightening it up, starting with the dishes. He takes them to the sink across from Ian's back, where he starts on washing them, listening to the Squidmas music while he focuses on the chore, brightly smiling again at his boyfriend's adorable excitement for the season.

When the dishes are set on the drying rack, Scotty returns to the living room space to continue tidying up, and it doesn't take him long to have the books in a neat stack with the pillows set nicely on the couch, his blanket folded on his reading chair. He proudly appreciates the sight of his neat arrangement before stepping over to the window, and he draws back the curtains to view their snow-covered front yard.

The neighbours are quite a distance away, the houses separated by a few mini forests of pine trees, and the only sight of a possibility of encountering other Inklings is the train station ahead, where they've been waiting every morning to make it to Inkopolis Plaza on the weekdays. It's been nice to be able to live together in a place like this, even if a good amount of Inklings from Inkopolis Plaza have already moved to Inkopolis Square.

One of the reasons Sheldon had Scotty stay late in the weekday evenings was so he could help out with the last of the physics projects so the horseshoe crab could relocate Ammo Knights sooner, one with improved weapons to permit the fresher vibe of the new area. Scotty releases a barely audible huff-laugh at the memory of what he helped with completing in yesterday's work: figuring out the physics of a Charger that'll be able to store charge while submerged. He would admit it was one of his proudest accomplishments if he weren't so shy about a rather simple one for the potential of a mind like his. He quietly laughs again at the thought that his adorable idiot of a boyfriend might have an effect on the sharpness of his thinking.

"Alright, it's ready," Ian notifies, and when Scotty turns to view him, he's setting two plates down at their mini two-person kitchen bar, wearing one of those headbands that have two paper, springy candy canes on top. Scotty can only laugh at the sight.

"Ian, where did you even get that?" Scotty questions, amusement filling his voice.

"Oh, this?" Ian responds, slipping it off. He looks down at it for a second, smiling. "It's just been lying around. Why? Do you wanna wear it?" Then he lifts it up, as if to hand it to Scotty even though he's half the room-length away.

"No, you should keep it," Scotty answers, still finding himself entertained. Ian slips it back on in response, and Scotty laughs again at him, then brings himself up to the kitchen bar to view the two plates of food. The first thing on Scotty's face is an amused, unbelievable smile, followed by huff-laugh chuckling and a shake of his head.

"You're ridiculously adorable," is all Scotty responds with, still shaking his head, and he releases a few more soft laughs.

"Yeah? You like it?" Ian cheerfully questions, his grin bright as he brings himself to stand behind the seat by Scotty.

"I do," Scotty replies, his smile still enduring while his head shakes continue. "It's brilliant."

"Glad you like it then," Ian responds, and when Scotty returns his gaze onto him, he finds Ian leaning against the countertop, his head resting on his closed fist as he watches Scotty with a sincere, wholehearted smile. His voice was softer than usual when he spoke—and that alongside the sight of a state he's rarely in—brings more vitality to Scotty's own smile.

"You must be very excited for Squidmas," Scotty then comments as he takes his seat.

"Yeah? Can't you tell?" Ian responds, taking his own seat beside Scotty. Scotty only laughs at him, his chocolate-brown stare now down on the festively-arranged meal. When he returns his gaze back onto Ian, he finds the golden-yellow-inked Inkling already taking a bite out of one of the waffle triangles from his hands, not seeming to mind the berries falling back onto the plate. Scotty just chuckles at the sight, then collects the two pieces of cutlery from beside his plate and starts cutting into one of the bottom waffles.

"Aww, your food is just so delicious when you're this happy," Scotty comments after his first bite.

Ian chuckles in response. "It's just so great when you can taste happiness, isn't it?"

Scotty just laughs at him again. "Sure, Ian," he brings himself to say, starts cutting another piece of waffle, then glances out the window again with the next bite in his mouth. He stares outside for a moment until a wonder hits him. "Mmm," Scotty starts, thoughtfulness in his tone, "What will you want to do once we get out there?"

Ian follows Scotty's gaze out the window, his next waffle slice in his hand as he munches on it. "Mm!" Ian starts, and it pulls Scotty's attention back onto him, and he's now watching him with an expectant smile. "Wanna build a snow Inkling?"

Scotty's smile widens at Ian's suggestion, and he shakes his head again at Ian's ridiculous amount of childish adorableness. "I'd love to," Scotty answers, and though he's chuckling again, he appears to be in disbelief with himself.

"Great! We'll save the dishes for later," Ian decides, and takes the last piece of waffle off his plate before bringing it to the kitchen. Scotty watches him with his same smile before continuing on his less-than-half finished meal. Ian doesn't seem to mind that he isn't even close to done yet, and opens the fridge to start ruffling around in it, his actions hidden behind the open door. Scotty watches with interest as he's chewing another bite, and he stifles a laugh when he sees Ian pulling out a carrot.

"Ian—" Scotty starts, but is stopped by his own snickering.

"What? Isn't this the classic way to build a snow Inkling?" he questions, his fun smile defensive.

As Scotty is finishing up with the last of his chuckles, he finds himself once again realizing how Ian's reasoning is pretty fair after all. "Right, right."

Scotty glances out the window again to find that the snow has stopped, and that the sky is brightly lit with pure sun rays with just a few clouds across the areas in sight. It really does look like today is materializing into line with Ian's cute, innocent desires.

When he returns his stare to Ian, he finds him peeling the carrot over the compost bin. Scotty can only laugh at him again.

"Ian," he starts, "What are you doing?"

Ian looks up at his question. "We're not wasting this carrot, are we? If we're gonna eat it, it should be peeled, right?"

Scotty can only laugh at him again, in true, blithely unadulterated motions that rise up through his chest as he allows the mirth than Ian gives off ripple through him. "You're so ridiculous," Scotty states, shaking his head once again.

"Why thank you, babe," Ian responds jokingly and proudly, as if there's something about being a dork to be confident in. Scotty's laughter can only continue a moment longer before he focuses back on his meal.

Ian wanders over to the closet by their front door just as Scotty is finishing up, and after bringing his spotless, empty plate back to the kitchen, he makes his way over to find that Ian is looking through their coats and jackets.

"Ah! Here's one," Ian notifies, and passes Scotty a deep purple mitten from the closet's top shelf. He has his other hand holding up the pile of winter gear, more than tall enough to reach it.

"A... singular mitten," Scotty responds as he accepts it. He raises his gaze back up to where Ian is rummaging around through the gear. "Didn't a certain someone once say it would've been better to have at least a bit of organization?"

"Oh, really? Who?" Ian jokes, still looking through the mess. Scotty only shakes his head at him again with a smile. "Well, it looks like it's not important, 'cause look what I found," Ian proudly expresses, then presents two golden-yellow mittens, looking big alongside the other purple one.

"Right. Thanks," Scotty responds as Ian hands it to him.

"Aaand, we can't forget..." Ian starts, and pulls out two scarves from the mess. He passes the dark red one to Scotty, taking the candy cane-coloured one for himself. Scotty chuckles at him again, and watches as he also takes their cold weather coats from their hangers.

Ian happens to be the one to pull on all his winter gear first, and ends up putting on Scotty's mittens and scarf for him.

"Thanks, Ian," Scotty tells him, sending him another smile.

"Yeah," Ian responds, just finishing with adjusting Scotty's scarf. His hands stay there for a moment longer, then he moves his touch up to the sides of Scotty's face. They share a smile for a few seconds as Ian brushes his thumbs across Scotty's smooth, mocha skin a few times. Then Ian moves his hands to Scotty's ears, now starting to stroke at him there. "Looks like we're forgetting one last thing," Ian half whispers, and pulls away to reach for the closet mess again.

When he returns with Scotty's earmuffs, the purple-inked Inkling's expression brightens at the sight, and he watches with a few soft chuckles when Ian places them on for him too. "Thanks, Ian," Scotty repeats, his voice more tender this time and his smile warmer.

Ian lets out a single voiced chuckle as his response, then turns to pick up the carrot from the side bench before pulling the door open to reveal the sunny, snowy stillness before them. "Hey, it looks perfect out there," Ian comments, then takes a few steps outside. "I wonder if it has anything to do with me."

"Maybe it does," Scotty replies, closing the door behind them. "Maybe nature suddenly loves you almost just as much as I do."

Ian chuckles at his response, a truly jolly one, and one that makes him sound appreciative and joyful. "If that's your way of re-confessing your love for me, then love you too, babe."

Scotty laughs too, finding his gaze dropping to his booted feet. It really is nice to have Ian here like this right now, and there's nothing like it to be told those words again while his feelings for Ian have already been fed by the golden-yellow Inkling's adorableness over his excitement for Squidmas to begin with.

"'Ey, it's sticky!" Ian calls out from what sounds to already be a distance, and Scotty lifts his gaze up to find him out in the snow, a compacted snowball within his mittened hands. Scotty chuckles once again at the sight, then starts on his own way over, restepping in Ian's bigger-sized footprints to make it there. Ian is already starting to roll the snowball through the ground snow, having to crouch quite low to be able to reach. The sight reminds Scotty of an older child too big to do younger children's activities but participates in them anyway, and he finds himself laughing at the thought.

"How 'bout I make the base? You can do the head," Ian suggests, still rolling along.

"Sure, Ian," Scotty replies, and starts forming his own snowball. Then the thought hits him, and he starts wondering why Ian hasn't even thrown one of these at him yet. It would've seemed like his character. And when he considers the thought of possibly throwing one first, he comes to the conclusion that snowball fights are overrated, something that only looks fun in all the media but really aren't.

Scotty's soon rolling a snowball that's made it to the height of his knees, and deciding to glance over at what Ian is at, he finds that he's already patting down the circular area where it looks like they'll place their creation, right in front of their living room window. He has an oval-shaped snowball in the middle of it, giving the body a tall look, where he continues to add snow. Scotty smiles at the sight, and walking through Ian's rolling path, he makes it over with his own snowball in his hands, and places the head piece on top of Ian's piece, then also starts adding to it.

"Oh hey, it looks like we're almost done already," Ian remarks when he notices what Scotty has added. "We just need a few stones."

"And a pair of twigs? Maybe two leaves too?" Scotty suggests.

Ian appears to be in thought for a second. "Okay I get the twigs, but the leaves?" he questions, seemingly amused with himself and how he's unable to think of any ideas.

"Or I suppose no leaves. They're mostly all crumbly and dry anyways. We can shape the ears with snow," Scotty replies as he pats new snow into the crack between their two pieces to better attach the head.

"Hmm, or maybe leaves could work as hair?" Ian wonders aloud, examining their progress.

Scotty chuckles at his suggestion. "Sure, Ian."

Scotty continues with the task of reinforcing their snow Inkling as Ian has wandered closer to the forest-like part of land, seemingly searching for their last pieces.

After packing snow into the crack all the way around, Scotty gazes out at the open sky, watching the few clouds slowly drifting across. The snow ahead in the more distant part of his view is glistening in the sun's light, as well as what has landed on the treetops. It almost looks like nature is smiling back at Ian's cheerful grin that he wears in response to being out here.

"I've got it," Ian calls out, and when Scotty faces him, he finds that he's approaching with two twigs and a few small stones in his other hand.

"Perfect," Scotty amusedly responds, and accepts one of the sticks Ian offers him. He watches as Ian presses his own twig into the snow, smiling at the sight of him packing more around the edges of the wood.

"How 'bout that?" Ian expresses, now standing back and grinning at the arm he's given their snow Inkling.

Scotty only hums a short, singular chuckle at the sight in response.

"Oh right, the leaves," Ian reminds himself, and is returning to the trees soon afterward. Scotty turns back to their project after watching him head over there, and presses in the twig to add the other snow Inkling's arm. He packs new snow around it to better hold it there, before the crunching of Ian's approaching footsteps is the next to catch his attention.

"Here they are," Ian announces, then holds two crusty, brown-edged yellow leaves against the snow Inkling's head. Scotty laughs at the sight.

"I didn't know resemblance was one of your intentions," Scotty comments.

"What? Does my hair really look that brown and crusty to you?" Ian responds, attempting to look offended, but his amused, cheerful grin spoils his effort.

Scotty only laughs at him, his eyes still on the leaves Ian is holding against their snow figure's head. The purpose of Ian's question was seemingly not for receiving an answer, as he starts saying something else.

"Hmm, how will it stay though?"

Scotty returns his stare onto his adorable boyfriend, and on the festive headband he's still wearing. "I think I might have an idea," Scotty offers, then reaches up to slip it off his head, needing to nearly stand on his toes to complete the task. Then he equips the snow Inkling with the accessory, placing it over top of the stems of the leaves.

"Ha," Ian expresses, laughing a little as he lets go, allowing the headband to now be the one holding the leaves down. "I did already tell you you're a genius, right?"

Scotty chuckles at his question, considering it. "In fact, I don't think you did."

"Well, then you're a genius," Ian proudly confesses, now standing back once again to appreciate their further progress. "Oh right, do you wanna stick in the pebbles? Then I can do the carrot at the end."

Scotty chuckles again at him. "Sure, Ian," he responds as Ian slides the stones into Scotty's hands. Ian watches with a smile as Scotty places them on the face of the figure, creating a simple happy face with the pebbles. Ian picks up a handful of snow to start packing into a triangular shape, then attaches it to the side of the head before adding another to the opposite side.

"Your ears look very cold," Scotty comments, though his eyes are on the snow Inkling's rather than Ian's. Ian just laughs at his remark, and brings a mittened hand to one of his own ears.

"Maybe a little, but I don't mind."

Scotty's gaze returns onto Ian in response to his words, finding him in his attempt to warm up his ear. Scotty softly chuckles at him, closing the distance between them by just taking a few steps. He pulls off his earmuffs to slip them onto Ian, offering him a gentle smile as he adjusts the winter accessory.

"Aw," Ian responds with a few quiet chuckles of his own, his tone of voice mellow and serene. "Thanks, babe."

Scotty finds himself caught off guard by the nickname, even though Ian's been using it various other times throughout the morning. He steps back, breaking eye contact as his face starts feeling rather warmed for an outside temperature this low, releasing a few shy chuckles of his own. He hears Ian laughing at him from out of his sight, and as he tries looking for something to change the subject with, his gaze lands on the carrot in the snow.

"Hey, Ian, your carrot," Scotty starts. Then he lifts his gaze back up to Ian in time to catch the golden-yellow Inkling letting out a huff-laugh.

"Right," Ian responds, and collects the carrot from the snow. He steps up to their nearly-finished project, and Scotty watches with a smile as he attaches it to the snow Inkling's face. Ian steps back to stand beside Scotty, appreciating the sight of their now-complete snow Inkling.

"It's..." Scotty starts, but Ian finishes.

"Epicly rad."

Scotty's amused by his word choice, finding himself laughing at him yet again. "Sure, Ian."

Ian also releases a few chuckles, then faces Scotty. "You know what else I wanted to do out here?"

"What's that?" Scotty questions, and when he turns to face Ian, he's giving him a mischievous-looking grin. Scotty doesn't know what to think of his expression, and before he knows it, Ian is attacking him, causing them both to land in the fluffy snow a short distance from their house.

"Whaat?! Iann!" Scotty exclaims, trying to swat him off, though he's laughing.

"That's one point for me!" Ian impishly claims, then lifts himself off and starts making his way away from Scotty.

"Hey, what?! Who said anything about points?!" Scotty calls after him, and rises to his feet to start chasing after Ian.

Ian takes one glance back at him, then continues running, leaving a few chuckles behind. "I did, just now!"

Scotty can't keep back his own laughing as he continues to chase after him, and when he follows until the forest area is about to block Ian's way, Scotty makes sure to take the chance of getting him back when he loops around to attempt running into the opposite direction. Just as Ian is making the turn-around attempt, he's caught by Scotty before he can run past him. Ian can only laugh after falling onto his back with Scotty over him, and the sight brings another smile to Scotty's face.

"It looks like that's one point for me now," Scotty proudly declares, then also stands to start running away.

When Ian is after him again, Scotty doesn't make any attempt to run for distance, and only zips and darts around nearly in Ian's reach the whole time.

"You're quite the strategist, I see," Ian remarks, sounding amused, though his breathing is already starting to sound heavier. When he makes another pounce at Scotty and misses, the purple-inked Inkling snickers at his failed attempt. Ian can't keep back his own laughter in response to Scotty's. "I didn't know winning silly games like these was important enough for that," Ian comments.

"Above-average intelligence isn't just for serious work, Ian," Scotty replies, still able to dodge all of Ian's attacks.

Ian chuckles again in response. "Well, then let's see what you'll do if I do this, then," he responds, then dashes away toward the opposite side of the wide, extensive front yard. Scotty watches him, looking amused as Ian's still running away. It wasn't a bad move, as the only way for Scotty to attempt at scoring more points is by chasing after him. He considers staying put and making Ian realize the same thing, but decides he doesn't want to be that competitive. He should keep the game light and fun for Ian, so he runs after him, an amused smile on his face.

Ian is making an attempt at Scotty's previous strategy once Scotty has closed the distance between them by quite a bit, and Scotty soon finds himself with his back in the snow, laughing again as if being knocked down by Ian in this fashion is humourous in itself.

"Ian! We're just going to get cold like this," Scotty brings up.

"You wanna go inside early?" Ian questions, enjoyment in his tone as he pins Scotty down. "Maybe that's what we'll use our points for, an' we can go 'til three. It looks like you better catch up, 'cause now I'm at two an' in the lead."

Ian is about to make his escape, but before he can stand, Scotty catches his shoulders, laughing at Ian's look of surprise. "Oh, no you don't!" Scotty expresses, laughing, and is now the one pinning Ian down. "It looks like we both need one more now."

"Hey! How was that fair?" Ian responds, his smile entertained.

"Oh yeah, about that, going inside early wasn't really what I wanted. I'd rather go inside early and have you make tea for me while I warm up," Scotty tells him, his light expression fun-looking.

Ian just laughs at him. "Sure, we can put that on your end," he responds, then grips Scotty by his shoulders this time, "But just because it won't matter."

"Oh yeah? We'll see," Scotty replies, and lifts himself off before Ian can use the same move on him, starting to make his escape. He finds enjoyment in the chase within the following few seconds, and lets out a few more frisky laughs, his smile perennial. He's able to stay a short distance away from Ian as he runs straight forward, and when he knows Ian will have caught up to him soon, he stops and spins around to start charging at him. When Scotty meets him, he finds them both clashing their hands together, wrestling and attempting to push each other over. They share laughter as their battle continues, their steps moving either backward or forward to maintain their balance and resistance.

Scotty's the one sent backward after just a few more seconds, and he laughs in defeat on the ground as he can only think to himself about how he saw it coming. He really is no match for Ian's physical strength.

"Well," Scotty starts, out of breath yet amusement still remains in his tone, "It looks like I'll be making my tea."

Ian chuckles at him, staying on top of him, looking overly-casual in the position. "Nah, I'll make it," he decides, then releases Scotty and stands to brush off snow from his winter gear. "I know you like when I make stuff for you, an' I like seeing you happy."

Scotty only watches him with a smile for a moment. "Aw. Thanks, Ian," he tells him, and releases a singular huff-laugh when Ian offers his hand. Scotty accepts, and is pulled to his feet effortlessly under Ian's strength. They just stand there for a moment afterward, and Scotty finds his stare stuck on Ian's bright pink, passionate gaze. "You're..." Scotty starts, but he finds that he can't find the word, even with the bookworm-like aspect of his personality that he knows he has.

Ian only chuckles at him, a soft and mellow one that already starts to bring Scotty warmth. "Thanks. You are too."

Scotty responds with a few quiet laughs, then faces their house and the snow Inkling they've built together. "This was fun. I really enjoyed it."

"Yeah? Better than missing out on it all an' stayin' in bed?" Ian jokingly responds.

Scotty stifles a laugh. "Right, you still owe me that time back."

"Oh yeah, great idea for possibly later tonight," Ian agrees, then starts making it back toward their house. "An evening full of bed snuggles just for my Scotty boy."

Scotty watches him with an amused smile for a moment, and follows a short distance behind him, placing his smaller steps in Ian's footprints.

After getting through the door, Ian returns their winter gear to the closet. He helps Scotty put away his mittens and scarf back on the shelf, and once he's stored away his own as well as Scotty's earmuffs, he leads the way toward the main room. Scotty takes a seat on his reading chair, his feet under him and his blanket tightly wrapped around him, while Ian heads to the kitchen.

For the next few moments in comfortable silence, besides the Squidmas music that is still playing, Scotty reads through a few pages of his book as Ian is warming a kettle on the stove.

Scotty finds himself getting distracted a few minutes in, now unable to keep himself from thinking about Ian: about how fun he turned out to be from before Scotty even had feelings for him, how caring and loving he's become over their time together, and about the trust that Ian has in him, and about the trust he has in Ian. He smiles at the memory of a few weeks ago, when it was about their third or fourth time sharing a lust-filled, intimate moment together. It will really stay one of Scotty's most memorable times with him. Then he finds himself shaking his head at the thought, and about how inappropriate of a day this feels to be recalling it. But then he remembers Ian's "couch binge" joke, and is stuck on the thought of it for a while. If it was more than just a joke, is Ian indirectly asking for another moment like that?

Scotty finds his face gaining heat at the thought, not only at the image that has instantly entered his mind, but also at his ridiculousness for not simply asking if that's what Ian meant.

"Alright, here you go, babe," Ian announces, and Scotty looks up to see him placing a cup of tea on the coffee table. He smiles at the sight, and watches Ian take a seat on the couch perpendicular to his reading chair.

"Thanks, Ian," Scotty replies, feeling a warmth enter his cheeks, but he feels that it's more because of the softness in Ian's gesture and nickname for him rather than any type of embarrassment or fluster.

"Yeah, 'course," Ian responds, sending him a grin. Scotty smiles back at him, then two-handedly takes the tea by the opposite side of the handle and by the handle itself. He sniffs it to instantly recognize one of his favourites, sencha tea.

"Aww, Ian!" Scotty half exclaims, then he returns his gaze onto the golden-yellow Inkling, "Where did you get this?"

Ian chuckles at his question, as if it's a humorous joke. "I live with a boyfriend who practically lives on tea. I should know my ways by now," Ian proudly responds.

Scotty also laughs a little, once again finding his point valid. It starts to make him think he hasn't given Ian enough credit when it comes to intelligence. Knowing Scotty's favourite teas, knowing how to get it, and knowing how to make it doesn't seem all that idiotic.

"Well, it looks like that's a wrap for anything Squidmas-y we could've done today," Ian brings up, sitting back on the couch as he typically rests his head on his interlocked hands. "Now that the first day of snow has been celebrated, we might have to wait 'til Squidmas itself for anything else."

"I suppose so. Or on the days leading up to it, at least," Scotty replies, but it appears as if not much thought has been put into his response. He just takes a sip from his tea, his gaze distant.

"Hmm." Ian's expression is similar to suspicious, though he's smiling at his boyfriend. "I have a feeling there's somethin' you forgot to say there."

Scotty's mind seems to snap back into his attention. "Oh, uhm..." he starts, and instantly can't find the right words or way to tell him about it. "It's nothing."

"Oh?" Ian responds, looking both amused and interested. "Well, I'm sure it was something, 'cause... 'cause I could just see it. What's up, my Scotty boy?"

Scotty slightly smiles as he imagines what he could say to bring the subject up, but he only shakes his head. "No, it's... it's nothing." He takes another sip, now less confident in actually turning his thoughts into words for Ian to hear. "It was really fun in the snow out there with you," he adds in an attempt to shake the subject away. "And this tea is really helping me warm up."

Ian just grins at him, confident that he's not letting whatever Scotty's hiding slide. He's received a sudden surge of playful mischievousness, and slightly tilts his head to one side when he sits up from the back of the couch. "Oh? My Scotty's hiding something from me? I wonder what there is that I can do to get it out of him."

Scotty only watches him, looking concerned with an added smile, as Ian starts making it over to him.

"Maybe... a tickle attack? Would he rather tell me than have to be put through another one of those?" Ian suggests, his grin playful as he's now threatening Scotty with his waving fingers. Scotty only watches his movement, smiling and shaking his head.

"You wouldn't. Not when I'm holding my tea," Scotty protests, bringing his tea closer to himself and watching Ian with an amused expression.

"Oh, that's an easy fix," Ian responds. "I'm sure you'll have the common sense of putting it down before I can attack you. So are you gonna tell me?"

Ian's hands have gotten closer to Scotty, and Scotty only chuckles a little, staring into Ian's youthful, bright pink eyes. "Nope."

"Okay, well you had your chance," Ian tells him, and starts tickling Scotty's neck. He reacts with a laugh that starts with a shriek-like sound, along with a jerk backward that nearly throws the tea over the edge.

"Okay, okay! I'll put it down! I just don't want my tea to get spilt," Scotty concedes, and his words are almost formed with laughter itself. Ian chuckles at him, allowing him to place the cup down onto the small side table.

"Are you gonna tell me now?" Ian asks, still looking playful.

Scotty only chuckles, shaking his head. "Nope."

"Okay, well, you had your second chance," Ian apprises, then launches another tickle attack on Scotty's lower abdomen. He reacts the same way, laughing and squirming under Ian.

"Stop! Stop!" Scotty continuously calls out, his laughter interrupting his own words. "Iann!"

Ian only laughs along with him, and as he only continues, Scotty attempts at seizing Ian's hands, but he fails under his increased weakness. He ends up falling off his reading chair, a small, young-looking, purple-inked Inkling still squirming and laughing under Ian's attack. He attempts an escape, heading for the couch, but before he can jump over it, Ian pins him down and tickles him more, once again weakening him with laughter on the spot.

"Iann! Stop!" Scotty calls out again, but his request isn't complied.

"Are you gonna tell me?" Ian questions, his grin still prominent.

Scotty only laughs more under Ian's attack. He's still tickling Scotty by his lower abdomen, which sends sharper squirm movements through him.

"Okay! Okay! I will! Just stop!" Scotty shouts with a mix of laughter, and right after Ian releases him, Scotty's recovering his breath.

"My goodness gracious, Ian! There's no winning with you," Scotty expresses once his breathing is more stable. Ian just chuckles in response, and that's when Scotty realizes the position they're in. He's lying on his back across the couch while Ian is over him, nearly sitting on his thighs. Ian is mostly upright so that he could previously hold a good position for covering Scotty in tickles, but the position looks different now that he's stopped.

Scotty can only feel heat rush to his cheeks, but once again, not one that would reveal any type of embarrassment or fluster, and more because of the fact that his feelings for Ian are sparking up in weak, fluttery sensations. He can't stop himself from looking at where their lower bodies touch, before his eyes stop on Ian's.

"You were saying?" Ian presses, his grin still strong. He's now supporting himself with his hands on either side of Scotty.

"Oh, uh..." Scotty starts, and finds his gaze getting lost in the sight of Ian's charm.

Ian just chuckles, seeming to notice the type of stare Scotty has. "Hm?" he presses, his voice soft and quiet.

Scotty's tone also drops, and he uses a low, lazy voice as his eyelids start to become heavy. "Maybe it's about an interaction that prefers more actions rather than words," he answers.

Ian just chuckles, his laughter soft and quiet, already seeming to understand. He watches Scotty's face for a moment, his smile still present as he appreciates the adorable sight of the purple-inked Inkling under him. "Hey, Scotty," he finally speaks, his voice low, and his eyelids heavy-looking yet cheekily playful.

"Mm?" Scotty responds, returning his smile. He has that same, familiar stare in his eyes that completely mutes his fairly-nerdy, usual appearance with his visible attraction toward Ian, making Scotty look more charming and serene, and less of someone who would dedicate all their love and attention only to books. He's looking at Ian with what seems to be the highest level such feelings can go.

"Your lips look delicious," Ian answers, and all Scotty can do is chuckle at him, slightly shaking his head.

"You're unbelievable," Scotty responds, placing his hands on the sides of Ian's face. "You Squidmas dork," he adds, right before pulling Ian down so their lips can meet. Ian hums in amusement and delight at the sensation, and he leans himself closer down toward Scotty, kissing him back with an abrupt, compelling desire for this type of interaction that he hasn't known he's longed so much for until now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 252K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
600K 63.3K 25
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...