(2) The Space Between (Evie...

By multi_writer_fandom

-This is the Second Book in the Descendants Series- It's been 6 months since they arrived in Auradon. Only a... More

-Chapter 1: Ways to be Wicked-
-Chapter 2: Auradon Life-
-Chapter 3: What's Her Name?-
-Chapter 4: The Isle-
-Chapter 5: Chillin' Like A Villain-
-Chapter 6: The Chip Shoppe-
-Chapter 7: The Note-
-Chapter 8: Space Between-
-Chapter 9: The Escape-
-Chapter 10: Girl Talk-
-Chapter 11: Cotillion-
-Chapter 12: The Announcement-
-Chapter 14: You and Me-
-Chapter 15 (Bonus): The Love Spell-
Next Book! The Isle of the Lost

-Chapter 13: The Crown and The Shell-

1.7K 48 20
By multi_writer_fandom

Evie Pov

She releases me, going back to Uma's side. I feel people behind me as my heart thumps loudly in my ear. "We're with you, Evie." Mal says, rubbing my arm. "Let's get out of here." Jay says, frowning. None of them want to leave our leader behind...but if our leader betrays all of us this badly? Maybe she isn't our leader anymore. The pair begin dancing on the dance floor, twirling and waltzing like I had imagined I would be doing with her.

We make our way up the stairs as fast as we can. I don't want to be here. I can't bear to see the love of my life, on the dance floor with someone who we all hate. Or hated I guess in her case. I hear Jane gasp, running to Lumiere. But I can't hear what she says until Lumiere speaks.

"And now! For the unveiling of the gifts!" He shouts, pulling something as two, covered things get revealed. I turn to look at them, admiring them with my eyes. One of them is a glass window design of Mal and Ben. Mal wears purple with green eyes, showing her Isle self even in Auradon. Showing that Ben knew Mal wasn't all Auradon now, acknowledging her Isle self. The other is on a pedestal. As I stare at it, my eyes fill with tears as I stare at the familiar object. It was a crown. The crown.

It was the crown which Y/N had gotten for me before she wanted to leave. The crown which signalled her love for me, our connection. It was ours. "Mal..." I say, holding her hand. "It's the crown." I mutter. "It was for you." Mal recalls, smiling. "She knew you'd be queen with her." Mal adds, looking at me as I cover my mouth. Emotions threaten to overflow as I walk back down the stairs to Y/N and Uma who are both staring at the crown. She loved me. She knows that naming me her queen would basically mean getting engaged to being engaged. Yet she still put that there.

"Cover that back up!" Uma shouts, stomping to the stairs as Lumiere gasps. "I will not!" He shouts back. Uma turns, frantically looking around before her eyes land back on Y/N who has her eyes still fixed on the crown. "Uh, Y/N, why don't you tell everyone the gift you have for me?" She asks, faking sweetness. I growl at her. She dares take Y/N from me?

Y/N looks at Uma, catching my eye behind the girl. I look at her, hoping she'll think properly. Why was she still with Uma if she put that crown there?

Y/N stares at me for a while, as if she was fighting internally before Uma places her hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Come on, Y/N. My love?" She asks. Y/N blinks, looking at the girl before speaking. "I have an announcement!" She shouts. I see Jane and Lonnie look at each other, as if realising this was the announcement she had mentioned.

"Uma...will be joining the court tonight as my lady. My p-partner.." She says, somewhat struggling to get the word out. She walks to the pedestal and picks up the crown with shaking hands, walking back to Uma's side and very slowly, places it onto the sea witch's head. "Y/N..." Mal tries, attempting to get through to her sister. But instead, Y/N snaps at her, glaring at her sister. "Not now, Mal!" She shouts.
The Y/N we know wouldn't shout at Mal like that....

"The...Uh, so as my gift to her, uh, I'm going to ask to bring down the barrier once and for all!" She says, grinning widely as Everyone gasps, shocked as I am too. I thought our plan was to bring 4 VKs over each year... "Fairy Godmother." She says, looking at the fairy who gasps. "Bring down the barrier." Y/N adds. "I will not!" The fairy says, shocked. Y/N scrunches up her face, something I'd have thought cute if it wasn't now, before turning to the King. "Ben! As your partner in this deal, we MUST bring down the barrier! I am their queen!" She says, anger on her face.

Y/N doesn't get angry at us...especially not at this. What is she doing? Where is this coming from? This isn't Y/N....this is Uma. Uma's influence on Y/N. She would never go against our plan like this. She would never shout at Ben. This isn't her. This isn't my Y/N.

"She's spelled." I tell Mal, making her nod as she realises. "She found our spell book." Mal says, referring to Uma. I nod, thinking before stepping towards Y/N as she glares at the King. "Y/N. Y/N." I say, taking her face in my hands, forcing her to look at me. "Look at me." I say. "No, look at me." Uma says from beside me, making Y/N's eyes trail to her. "Y/N. You love me, remember?" I ask, watching as her eyes dart back to me. "No, you don't." Uma says, growling and pulling me back from taking Y/N's face. "Yes, you do." I say, watching as Y/N looks at me.

"Y/N, look at me." Uma growls, but getting ignored. Uma glares at me before turning to Fairy Godmother. "Bring down the barrier now!" She shouts. "I do not take orders from you!" The fairy says in return. "Y/N!" The sea witch cries, looking at the queen. "Tell her!" She asks. Y/N's eyes stray to Uma, as if deciding. I take her hands, making the Queen look me in my eyes.

"Y/N. I never told you that I loved you because I thought that you were just saying that. You didn't want to tell the world about us. I thought it was because you were ashamed, thinking that the public would hate us. That the only way to keep me from leaving you after that is to tell me you love me." I mutter to her, quietly so that only the close people can hear. "I thought it was only a matter of time before you realised all this work to keep us hidden was useless and wasn't worth it. I'd be left behind. Broken, hurt, alone." I say, letting a few tears slip past my eyes.

"Y/N. That...That was for me. You spent so much trying to get that for me." I cry, pointing to the crown. "It's part you, part me. It's us." I add, seeing Y/N's eyes light up at the thought. "Y/N, eyes over here!" Uma says. "Y/N. Please. You knew what we'd be. You weren't going to leave me, hide me. You were preparing to reveal us. To tell everyone, like I want to do now, that you're mine and I'm yours. That we belong together." I say. 

"Don't listen to her, Y/N!" Uma says, growling at me. "I realise now that you were protecting me. I'm sorry I didn't realise that earlier....but Y/N..." I start, cupping her face again as I feel her lean slightly into my touch, as if resisting the spell a bit to react. "Y/N, I love you." I say, staring into the girl's eyes as I watch it clear. Watch emotion fill them again. "I've always loved you." I add, making sure she hears every word. Y/N's eyes soften as I feel her hand slowly reach for me. One cupping my cheek and the other on my back. "Evie...." She mutters, staring at me with love and happiness.

I smile, loving the fact that the idea, the knowledge that I loved her back broke the spell. Love is stronger than any spell in the world.

"Ugh! Give it to me!" Uma shouts, jumping for the wand. Mal gets in her way, pushing her back as Uma growls, realising she's trapped before running to the side of the ship as guards run to her. "No! Stop!" Y/N shouts, running to the side too, stopping a few feet in front of Uma who's perched at the railing. "Uma, please. I know you. You're way more than just a villain." She says. Her hand makes sure to hold mine, squeezing it to let me know that I'm still hers and she's mine. That this isn't another weird declaration of love.

"I know your heart, Uma. I've known it since we were kids. I know your vision, your passion. I know you." She says. "I've been where you are, trust me. Don't let your pride get in the way of something you really want." She says. "Please, Uma. Don't run. I won't. Not like when we were children. We don't have to be enemies again!" She shouts.

The girl looks at us, weighing her options before smirking. She looks behind her, looking once more at Y/N before jumping in. "Uma, no!" She shouts. We all run to the edge, peering over as we see something shining in the water. "Oh shit...." I mutter.

Before we can do anything, the water swirls, growing and splashing onto us, drenching all of us....and all of my creations. Damn it, Uma!

As we look back, I realise....Uma is still there. But she's bigger, and has way too many legs. Uma's like her mom....she's an octopus now.

Y/N pov

I watch as Uma transforms into her octopus formation. I hold Evie behind me, wanting to protect her as I watch Uma laugh from below. "Love won't defeat this...." The pirate says. "The world will know my name!" She shouts, laughing loudly as she uses a tentacle to splash us. I growl at her.

First she spells me, manipulates me, breaks Evie's heart and now attacks us? I had faith in her, hoping that the girl from my childhood would return....but no. She's gone. All I see is a wicked witch who needs to be taught a lesson.

I step back, away from Evie as I feel the anger in my chest strengthen. The red hot rage fills my vision as I glare at the girl. I curl my hands into a fist, urging myself to not swing wildly, knowing that I won't hit anything. The anger fills my veins, my bones. Reaching the ends of my body as I feel a deep growl from the bottom of my lungs make its way out. I look at Evie, who's looking at me with wide eyes. "Y/N?" She asks as I see the light my eyes give off reflected in her eyes. I gasp, feeling my body have a mind of itself as I shudder.

Smoke fills my vision as I close my eyes, trying to understand the feeling I am feeling....before opening my eyes again to see myself high above everyone. All of them looking up at me as I try to speak, only for it to come out as a roar. I look at myself. My arms now wings, my feet now claws. I'm a goddamn dragon, just like my mother. I see Evie gasp, grinning at me as she watches. I see water suddenly splash onto deck again and growl, a real growl this time as I turn to the sea witch, seeing her grin and smirk at me. "Come on, Y/N! Let's finish this once and for all!" She shouts at me.

I roar, diving to attack her only for her to dodge my fire. As I attack, Uma defends. Uma attacks and I fly away. It goes on and on like this, neither of us getting any hits in. It could be because of the fire vs water situation happening....or it could be because neither of us has the heart to actually hurt the other. We grew up together. It's not easy to forget that.

As I dive, using my fire to make Uma dive into the water, I see Evie at the edge, watching me with worried eyes. I fly back to the side of the ship as Uma appears again, smirking. Before either of us can do anything, however, I hear someone on the ship roar. Not an actual roar, more like....they literally shout the word 'roar'.

I look over to see Ben taking off and jumping into the water between Uma and I as the others shout for Ben. What is the idiot doing now?

He appears on the surface of the water in between Uma and I, looking at us before speaking. "Y/N! Uma! Stop! Back down!" He shouts.

If I could speak, I'd tell him to move....or laugh at him. Either one. Does he really think Uma will back down?

As if reading my mind, Uma laughs at the King. "What are you gonna do, Ben? Splash me?" She asks teasingly, splashing him. "That's enough! It's got to stop! This isn't the answer!" The King shouts, looking between the two of us. Always the peacemaker. "The fighting has got to stop! Nobody wins this way! We have to listen...an-and respect each other." He adds. I fly a little lower, listening just like Uma is. "It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try." He says before looking at the pirate.

"Uma, I know you want what is best for the Isle. Help me make a difference." He says to the girl. She looks at him for a moment before her eyes shift to me. In them, I see the girl I had known when we were little. The passionate, caring and loyal girl. The girl who would do anything to save the people closest to her. The bitterness, manipulative girl is not faded into the back of her mind as she shows her true self. The girl I knew, and loved back then.

As if to answer, Uma bows her head at me, one of her tentacles now removing the crown from her head and instead, bringing it towards the boat, towards Evie. Evie takes it from the tentacle, shocked as she watches Uma then slowly sink into the water, disappearing from sight. She left. She didn't fight, she left.

Word Count: 2397

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 1.7K 21
Six months, it's been six months since Ben's coronation and since the Royal four and the Isle four discovered the prophecy the VK's and the AK's are...
282K 4.2K 23
When the pressure to become Auradon's royally perfect Lady of the Court becomes too much for (Y/n), she books it back to Isle only to be reunited wit...
41.8K 1K 15
-Book 1 in Descendants Series- After the villains are banished to an island, known as The Isle Of The Lost, time has passed and the villains, along...
47.5K 667 29
Six months... Is that all it takes to change everything or fix everything? Six months after the coronation of King Ben and the five Vks are still liv...