Sound of Surviving

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nevaeh and her family are transported to another world. One is cursed to forget and two are cursed to remembe... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Hatter Family Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Hatter Family Season Two
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Hatter Family Season Three
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
Hatter Family Season Four
67
68
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Hatter Family Season Five
89
90

69

26 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Robin Hood, Marian and Roland were walking down Main Street. Robin and Roland had been showing Marian around town.

"I know this town might seem strange at first, but you do get used to it," Robin Hood said. "And Roland loves it here. He loves watching the boats at the harbor and eating at Granny's..."

Roland interrupted his father. "And ice cream."

"Yes. How could we forget about ice cream?"

"Can we get some now, please?

Robin Hood glanced at Marian and could tell that she was overwhelmed. "Well, I think your mother's seen enough strange things for one day. We should get back to the camp."

Roland looked at Marian and put on a pleading face. "Please, Mom? Regina let me."

"Sure," Marian replied.

---

Roland, Robin Hood and Marian entered "Any Given Sundae", and the Snow Queen came out from behind the counter, holding two Rocky Road ice creams. One for Robin and the other for Roland.

"Rocky Road for the little man," the Snow Queen said, handing Roland his ice cream.

Roland looked happy as he replied, "Thank you."

The Snow Queen chuckled. "You're welcome." She handed Robin his. "And his dashing father." She turned to Marian. "And I don't believe that I've met the beautiful mother."

"Uh, this is Marian," Robin Hood introduced.

"It is lovely to finally meet you, Marian." She walked back behind the counter. "Well, since you've been through such an ordeal, the least I can do is... is get you something on the house. What flavor would you like?"

Marian looked taken by surprise and conflicted. "I... don't know."

"Uh, in our world, the, uh, flavor choices of ice were dirt and mud," Robin Hood said.

The Snow Queen smiled and chuckled. "In this world, we've made some improvements. Trust me, there is no problem that can't be solved with a bit of ice cream." She went to the back counter top and sprinkled some topping on the ice cream, before waving her hand and casting a spell on the ice cream.

"Thank you. That's very kind."

The Snow Queen smiled and peered over the counter, looking at Roland. "No, thank you. Seeing a happy family like yours in here really warms my heart."

Marian tried some of her ice cream. Mhm." She smiled and followed Robin and Roland out the door.

---

Emma, Hook, Nevaeh, Jefferson and Elsa were standing in Mr. Gold's shop, with Mr. Gold and Belle standing in front of them. They had come hoping that Mr. Gold might have answers as to why Elsa was in the urn in his vault.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I've never seen her before in my life," Mr. Gold said.

"So how'd she end up inside your urn inside your secret vault of terror?" Emma asked.

"Look, if you really want to know how she wound up there, she's standing right beside you, Miss Swan. Why don't you simply ask her?"

"She did. But I can't remember. Something happened to my memories."

"Well, an all-too-common affliction 'round these parts. Pity. But as you can see, many objects fall into my possession... urns, necklaces, all manner of things. I can't know the history behind all of them."

Hook didn't look like he was buying Mr Gold's story and interrupted. "Only if there's something in it for you. Right, mate?"

"Yeah, well, that may have been true once. But recently my life has been... Turned upside down. I've lost a son." He looked to Belle. "I've gained a wife. So you might say... I've decided to turn over a new leaf."

"Don't forget about my super power," Emma reminded him. "I'll be able to tell if you're lying."

"How about I do you one better? Let's simply have Belle use the dagger on me."

Belle looked shocked at Mr. Gold's demand, and stepped forward, taking a hold of his hand, and she stammered, "No. No. Rumple, you don't... you don't have to do that."

Mr. Gold was insistent to prove that he was innocent. "No, no, no. Miss Swan wants proof. And I'm happy to cooperate."

Belle sighed. "Fine." She gave in, opened her bag and pulled out her dagger. The others watched as she turned to face Mr. Gold and raised it. "I command you, Dark One... To tell them the truth."

"The truth is..." he paused momentarily, "just as I said. I had no idea there was someone inside there. I know nothing about Elsa. Or her sister. But I wish you best of luck finding her."

ARENDELLE - PAST - CASTLE - NIGHT

The castle's windows were lit.

INT. CASTLE - MAIN ROOM

Elsa was pacing worriedly as she learned that Anna hadn't been sighted or heard from. Kristoff was casually holding onto a chair, remaining calm.

"So, no one has heard from Anna?" Elsa asked. "There's been no sightings from any of the scouts?"

"Since you asked me ten seconds ago? Nope," Kristoff replied. "She's going be fine. I've seen Anna fight wolves and snow monsters and that idiot from the Southern Isles."

"Hans?"

Kristoff clearly didn't like hearing Hans' name. "Whatever his name is. Look, the point is she can take care of herself, so stop worrying."

"Well, I can't just sit here. I'm going after her."

"She told me you'd try that and she told me to stop you."

"Well, you can't. I'm the queen."

"Which is exactly why you need to stay in Arendelle, as you told her." Elsa froze and looked at him, stopping her attempt to leave. "Yep. Anna was right. Logic and reason do work on you. Right now, your kingdom needs you more than Anna."

"She knows me too well."

"It's not hard to see. You're a softy. Beneath that "oh, baby, I'm the queen" thing."

Elsa tried not to crack a smile. "Why is it your compliments are so aggravating?"

"Well, I start out that way, but you'll warm up to me."

A guard entered without knocking, and it was clear he had important news. "Your majesty. I apologize for barging in like this, but we have news from one of our scouts."

Elsa, hopeful, asked, "Have you found Anna?"

"No. But they discovered something else in their search." He handed Elsa a leather wrapped piece of parchment.

Elsa read what was on the parchment and her demeanor quickly changed.

Kristoff sensed her change in mood and questioned, "What does it say?"

"There's an army massing in the Southern mountains," Elsa said. "Heading for Arendelle, led by Prince Hans."

Kristoff sighed. "Well, I know every inch of those mountains. Let me sneak up there and see what he's up to."

"I didn't realize the official Arendelle ice master and deliverer got a say in matters," a guard said.

"He doesn't," Elsa replied, walking towards Kristoff and stopped in front of him. "You're not going anywhere. It's too dangerous."

"Oh, there you go warming up to me. You do care," Kristoff told her.

"My sister wants a wedding. It's probably best the groom is alive."

"So I'll be real careful."

"You're staying right here. As you said, I am the queen of Arendelle. So let me be the queen and handle it."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

At the Mayor's office, Mary Margaret was getting ready to host her first town meeting as Mayor, and people were slowly arriving. Mary Margaret is still holding baby Neal, and greeting people as they walked in.

"Hi," Mary Margaret greeted as she smiled and handed a woman a small piece of paper.

"Come on inside," David said as he walked out of the meeting room into the foyer where Mary Margaret was standing. "Need a hand?" He reached out to take Neal off her.

Mary Margaret held Neal closer to her. "Oh, no. I got it."

"You're planning to run your first fireside chat holding a newborn?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Mothers are natural multitaskers."

David touched Neal's head. "That may be, but you're juggling a lot right now."

"Well, that's true. I have to say, I'm starting to have more and more respect for our court Jester every day."

"Yeah. Rupert was special." Mary Margaret chuckled. "But you're sure you can..."

"We took back a kingdom, remember? I can handle this."

Mary Margaret and David made their way into the meeting room. Mary Margaret walked to the front of the room, standing at the end and turned to face everyone. David took a seat next to her. Familiar faces such as Robin Hood, Marian, Roland, Leroy, Archie and Granny were present.

"Hi, everyone," Mary Margaret greeted. "And welcome to the very first mayor's fireside chat. For too long, this office was a place to be feared. Well, I want every citizen to feel welcome and included here. So, if you could just refer to the meeting agenda I've printed, there are..."

Archie interrupted and held up his piece of paper. "Uh, what's this about an ice wall?"

Mary Margaret was slightly surprised. "Oh, that's, uh, item four. We'll get to that in a minute."

"I vote we skip items one, two, and three," Leroy said. "Show of hands." The crowd murmured in agreement with his statement and all raised their hands.

Mary Margaret smiled. "Yeah, that's... oh, fine. No, I can..." She sighed. "I can be flexible. The ice wall is nothing to worry about. For the time being, it does surround the entire town..."

A woman interrupted and sounded angry at Mary Margaret's last statement. "What?"

"The entire town?" Archie questioned.

Leroy stood angrily and asked, "Are you serious?"

Mary Margaret became a bit flustered and looked as though she was struggling balancing Neal and handling the crowd as she said, "So, no." She looked down at Neal as he began to cry. "Oh. Everyone calm down. The wall isn't hurting anyone."

Leroy, still standing and not looking impressed, said, "We've been through all this before. I ain't worried about the wall. I'm worried about who made it."

Mary Margaret looked back down at her own piece of paper. "Item five. Her name is Elsa. She's a friend."

"Is she the one that froze my truck?"

Granny was knitting in the corner of the room and said, "And made that snow monster that almost killed Marian?"

Marian jumped in to defend before reassuring, "Bu... I-I'm fine. Really."

David stood and said, "I've spoken to Elsa, and I promise you we will have all of this under control very soon." His voice became distorted as Marian was starting to look a little dizzy and a white stripe was forming through her hair. "And there will be no more danger of any kind."

Mary Margaret's voice was distorted as well. "So, if we could all just circle back around to item one, we can all discuss..."

Marian's eyes closed and she suddenly passed out in Robin's arms.

Robin Hood lowered her to the ground gently, and in a panic, tried to wake her up. "Marian! Marian! Marian!"

---

Henry and Grace were sitting in Granny's diner doing their algebra work, and the waitress placed a cup of hot chocolate in front of him when Regina entered, carrying a stack of comic books stack, and she sat beside him and he turned to look at her.

"I didn't know which ones you were reading these days," Regina said. "Hello, Grace."

"Hi, Madam Mayor," Grace replied.

"These are awesome," Henry told her. "Much better than algebra. Thanks." He chuckled. "But you didn't have to do this."

"Well, I wanted to." Her face dropped. "But don't get used to it." She chuckled again. She reached out to pick one up, Henry doing the same. "Isn't it funny how these are just ink and paper but everything in your storybook is real? Makes you wonder who wrote it, doesn't it?"

Henry turned to look at her and said, "The storybook?"

"Mm-hmm."

"No one knows."

Regina placed the comic she was holding back on the counter. "Oh, come on. You're such an expert on all this. You've read it cover to cover. There's nothing in the book that gives... Even a clue?"

Henry sensed that Regina was genuinely interested and asked, "What are you up to?"

Regina scoffed momentarily, before sighing. "These stories about me in the book, I was written as a villain. And things never work out for the villain, so I... Want to find who wrote this book and make them... Ask them... To write me a happy ending. Is that crazy?"

"This is the best idea you've ever had. We have to change the book because it's wrong about you. We just have to find the clues."

""We"? What? You'll help me?"

"It'll be our own secret mission."

Regina chuckled. "Like that "Operation Viper" you had with Emma."

""Cobra," but yeah. This one we'll call "operation...""

""Mongoose.""

""Perfect. "Operation Mongoose" it is. Grace, you're welcome to join if you wish."

Regina chuckled. The bell to the diner jingled and the door opened, revealing Robin Hood, who was still clearly looking distressed as he made his way over to where Regina and Henry were sitting.

"Oh, Regina," Robin Hood called. "Can we talk?"

Regina stood, cleared her throat awkwardly and walked toward him before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"It's Marian. Something's happened to her. I'm sorry. I didn't know who else to turn to. I need your help."

---

Mary Margaret and David were still in the Mayor's office watching over Marian, who was unconscious on the couch, ice now starting to cover her body. David was by the fire and poking it, with hopes of making Marian warm again. Everyone who was at the meeting was gone. Robin and Regina entered.

"How is she?" Robin Hood asked.

"Not good," David replied. "She's getting colder."

Mary Margaret sighed. "Regina, thanks for coming."

"Don't thank me till I've done something," Regina shot back, noticing the bird painting on the wall and stopped in her tracks. "Who's idea was that?"

"Oh, I thought I would put my own personal touch on the office."

"Well, you've succeeded. Hideously." She walked to where Robin was kneeling by Marian.

Robin Hood looked up at her. "Is there anything you can do?"

Regina exhaled sharply. "This is strong magic. I-I can't stop it, but maybe I can slow it down." Footsteps echoed in the foyer, and a moment later, Emma entered the room, followed by Hook and Elsa.

"What happened?" Emma and Nevaeh asked.

Regina looked up and indicated to Emma. "Perhaps you should ask your new friend. After all, it was her monster that attacked Marian."

"Well, to be fair, we did provoke the beast," Hook reminded them.

"But this isn't my magic," Elsa said. "Someone else did this."

"Oh, and we're supposed to trust you?" Jefferson shot back.

"You can trust me," Emma told her. "If she says it was someone else, it was."

"So, how do we break the spell?" Henry asked.

"The only way to cure a freezing spell is an act of true love," Elsa replied.

Regina looked saddened. "True love's kiss."

"Well, then there's no time to lose," Robin Hood said, turning back toward Marian, before leaning down and kissing her. After a few moments, he pulled back when realized it wasn't working. "What's wrong? Why isn't it working?"

"I've seen this once before, when Frederick was turned to gold," David remembered.

"Who the hell's Frederick?" Emma wondered.

"Long story," the twins said.

Robin Hood grew frustrated. "So, the cold is acting as a barrier? Is there nothing we can do?"

"Well, every curse is different," Regina explained. "I need more time to study this one."

"I'm going to go find who did this before it happens again," Emma decided, turning to leave.

"Well, I hope you bring backup."

Emma turned back around. "What the hell was that supposed to mean?"

"Well, between the snow monster and the cave-in... seems like the savior needs saving these days."

"I think you're bitter and you're taking it out on the wrong person. I'll be fine." She turned to leave again.

Nevaeh went to follow Emma who frowned and the brunette said, "Don't argue. I'm coming no matter what."

Hook went to follow them and said, "Well, I like that battle plan, so Hook and I are with you and Nevaeh, Swan."

Emma stopped him. "No. Take Elsa, along with Hook, to the sheriff's station. Keep her out of sight. Once people get word of this, they're going to be calling for her head."

Jefferson was more concerned about Nevaeh. "I'd rather save yours than hers. Hook would rather save Emma's. There's someone dangerous out there."

Emma's tone was sharp. "I don't have time to argue with you about this. Can you for once just do what I say?" She left the room, not seeing Jefferson's surprised look.

Nevaeh placed a hand to her husband's cheek. "I'll talk to her."

Jefferson nodded. "Be careful, Veah."

"You as well."

ARENDELLE - PAST

Kristoff was leading Sven through the woods at night time. He had snuck out behind Elsa's back to spy on Han's camp, and he was talking to Sven.

"I am doing what Elsa said," Kristoff told himself, exhaling sharply. "Well, the spirit of it, anyway. Fine. Okay. I'm disobeying her. But she'll be glad, Sven. You'll see. She just doesn't know it yet. Now, stay put, buddy." He walked off and left Sven near a tree, as he spied Hans' camp. "Wow. He wasn't exaggerating. He really does have 12 brothers."

At the camp, Hans was sitting near a fire reading a piece of parchment before his brother approached him.

"Hans," Jurgen called. "More wood on the fire. It's freezing."

"I'm busy," Hans replied. "Do it yourself."

"Now, is that any way to treat your big brother? Maybe I'll throw you on instead."

Hans stood. "You would be wise not to insult the future king of Arendelle." His brothers laughed at him.

"Don't you think it's a little early to be sizing the crown, Hans?" brother one asked.

"Remember what happened the last time," Jurgen reminded him.

Hans snapped, "Of course I remember. But last time, I didn't have this." He held up the parchment with a picture of an urn.

ELSA'S CASTLE

Elsa was still talking to the same guard from earlier in the room. They were looking at a map on the table. There were now two other guards who had joined them.

"Even if they had enough men to storm the castle, I'd freeze them before they reached the gate," Elsa said.

"He's posturing," a guard informed. "Prince Hans has seen what you can do."

Kristoff entered the room and said, "And he knows how to defeat her."

Elsa looked surprised to see him. "Kristoff. Shouldn't you be... somewhere else?"

"I should be. I was. Uh... I mean... I went to spy on Hans, okay?"

Elsa didn't look happy. "You disobeyed me."

"Punish me after I tell you what I found." He walked over to the map and pointed towards the caves. "There's an urn hidden in a cave in the north valley. It has the power to trap people like you."

Elsa looked offended. "People... Like me?"

"With magic. Hans wants to use it against you and then invade Arendelle."

"Your majesty, if this is truly his plan, let us take the fight to him," a guard said.

"No," Elsa argued. "I will not risk that many lives. There has to be a way to avoid war."

"I know the valley, the cave, the shortcut that they don't," Kristoff told her. "Let me bring a few soldiers, and I will destroy the urn."

Elsa smiled. "You can bring one. Me."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Leroy, Archie and Granny stood with the same group of people from the meeting at the front of Granny's diner, and they were having their own meeting. Leroy was still annoyed.

"Elsa's the problem," Leroy said. "Today it's Marian. Tomorrow she could freeze the whole town."

"Much as I like to move the hot cocoa, somebody's got to stop her," Granny added.

Leroy began to walk out of Granny's grounds, and the others followed.

Archie protested and tried to stop him. "Wait. You can't just condemn her without all the facts."

"Look around," Leroy told the group. "Who else can turn people into popsicles? It's Elsa, and we all know it, so she's got to be stopped before she hurts someone else."

The group continued to walk down Main Street, walking about "Any Given Sundae" and the Snow Queen watched them walk past with an amused smile.

ARENDELLE - PAST

It was dawn, and Elsa and Kristoff made their way through the woods, towards the cave that contained the ice cave. Sven was no longer with Kristoff. Kristoff was carrying rope and some form of weapon.

"Did Hans say anything else about the urn?" Elsa asked. "Anything at all?"

"Just that it can trap people like you and it's really, really old," Kristoff replied.

"Do you understand what that means? There must have been others like me. I always thought I was alone."

"You've never been alone. You have Anna."

"And I love her. But... We're not the same."

"Yeah. No, I got that."

"You know what I mean. We're sisters, and I love her, but I have this... Magic. You should understand. I mean, you grew up with rock trolls."

"So?"

"So you're human and they're, you know, rocks."

Kristoff scoffed. "They're family. They just wanted what was best for me. I guess I never really felt alone."

Elsa wasn't watching where she was going. "Wish I could see it like that."

Kristoff, seeing that Elsa was about walk right off a cliff, rushed forward, grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Welcome to the north valley." He sighed. "The cave is about 100 feet straight down."

"Not a problem. Would you prefer a slide or a spiral staircase?" She went to use her magic.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no, no. We can't use magic. Hans might see it and be right on top of us."

"Well, what would you suggest?"

"Well, something a bit more rustic."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Hook, Jefferson and Elsa were in an alley on Storybrooke's Main Street, waiting until Leroy and his angry mob passed.

"Wait," Jefferson said. "All right. Coast is clear." He and Hook stepped out onto the pavement.

Elsa followed them onto the pavement, but didn't follow them.

"That means go, love," Hook told her.

"I'm not coming with you two," Elsa said. "There's someone out there with powers like mine. I need to find out who. I... I can't just hide out in some sheriff's station."

"Oh. Well, that works out quite nicely, then. 'Cause that's not where we're going."

Elsa was surprised. "It's not?"

"With Emma and Nevaeh running into danger? Not a chance in hell. And the sheriff's station's that way."

Elsa asked curiously, "And what's that way?"

Hook smirked. "With any luck, danger." He began walking and Elsa and Jefferson followed.

WOODS

David, Nevaeh and Emma approached Robin Hood's tent.

"Robin and Marian's tent's up ahead," David said. "So, what exactly are we looking for?"

"If whoever cursed Marian has the same powers as Elsa, maybe they left a trail," Emma replied.

"So we split up and we look for anything... Cold."

Emma and Nevaeh scoffed.

"Yeah. Well, shout if you need help, and I'll..."

Emma interrupted him. "Okay. Yeah. I got it." She left David and walked towards Robin Hood's tent. She heard clattering coming from inside and drew her gun, knowing it wasn't Robin. "Whoever's in there, come out."

Will stepped out of the tent slowly and put his hands up in a surrender motion.

"Who the hell are you?" Emma demanded. "What are you doing in that tent?"

Will, in a strong, cocky British accent, said, "It depends who's asking."

"The sheriff's asking."

"I never did like sheriffs very much. Though you do seem like the decent sort, so I'm guessing you're not gonna shoot a man in the back."

Emma looked at him confusion, and her eyes widened when he suddenly bolted. "Hey, stop!" She chased after him through the woods. As she was about to catch him, she tripped over a log, and quickly got back on her feet.

David suddenly appeared from behind a tree and tackled Will to the ground, before quickly making him stand and still holding onto him tightly, asked, "Where were you going?"

Emma finally caught up and was panting. "I almost had him, but I... Fell."

"Don't worry about it. That's why we have two sheriffs."

"Two sheriffs?" Will repeated. "Bloody hell. That's not even fair, is it?"

"Who are you?"

"All right. My name's Will Scarlet. I used to be a merry man until me and Robin Hood had a bit of a falling out."

"So what are you doing in his tent?" Nevaeh questioned.

"Well, I heard what happened to Marian. Terrible thing. But I kind of know something that might help. Nevaeh?"

"Yes. Well, he's not here right now, so tell us."

"Look, I'm a thief. Always been a thief, always gonna be a thief. And when there's a blackout like the other night, do you know what a thief does?"

"He goes to work," Emma said.

"Exactly. So, I'm working me way down Main Street when I break into the ice-cream parlor and see the strangest thing. There'd been no electricity for hours, but still all the ice cream was frozen solid. How... how does something like that happen?"

---

Regina and Robin were still in the Mayor's office, and Marian was lying on the couch, still freezing to death, looking colder by the moment.

"The curse is working its way towards her heart," Regina said. "Once it touches... that's it."

"Is there nothing you can do?" Robin Hood asked.

Regina sighed. "There might be something. But only if you trust me completely."

"I do."

"Then I'll send Henry to my vault to get what I need."

"Of course. What are you going to do?"

"Something drastic."

---

Mr. Gold was working on a trinket in his shop. The door opened and Hook, Jefferson and Elsa entered. Elsa was curious with the shop and what was in it.

Mr. Gold stopped tinkering and said, "I must apologize, but I'm really rather busy today."

Hook walked to the counter and his tone wasn't one of friendliness. "And here Jefferson and I were hoping for a warm hello from the newly-reformed Mr. Gold."

"This is still a place of business. So unless you have something to offer me, I'm afraid I can be of no further help."

"Well, as it turns out, we do have something to offer you... our silence. See... we know that that dagger you gave Belle was a fake."

"Is that right?"

"Mm. I've hunted you a long time, my old crocodile, and I know you better than most. And I know that you would never let anyone have power over you. Not even Belle."

"And you expect her to believe you without a shred of proof?"

Jefferson shrugged. "Well, Hook and I could ask her to summon you with the dagger. And then, when it doesn't work... Proof."

"That's a very dangerous insinuation."

"So we have a deal?"

"I do hope Miss Swan and Missus Hatter are worth it."

Hook and Jefferson smiled, insinuating that it was worth it and Hook turned his attention to Elsa. "Good news! He's agreed to help."

Elsa walked toward Mr Gold, holding out her hand. "This hair is from Marian. Someone cast a freezing curse on her. We need to know who it is."

Mr. Gold took the hair and placed it in his open palm. "Well... you're in luck. Magic can change forms, but never be destroyed. We'll simply return it to its natural state." He waved his other hand and changed the hair back into its original state.

Elsa scoffed. "Snowflakes."

"Magic similar to yours, dearie, though not quite the same. Much like a snowflake, each person's magic is unique."

"Poetic," Hook commented. "How does that help us?"

"Well, magic seeks out like-magic. So if I set this free..." He blew the snowflakes into the air. "It should find its way home, back to the person who cast it." The snowflakes began to head for the shop door.

---

Mary Margaret was by her car, and was trying to put down Neal's stroller with one hand, as he held Neal in the other.

"Come on," Mary Margaret said. "Ah!" She saw Archie and chuckled.

"Got your hands full," Archie noted.

" No, I'm fine. It's just a little trouble with the stroller. You know, they... they make these contraptions so complicated. Oh!" She dropped the stroller on the ground. "See?"

"Oh." He laughed. "I can't imagine how complicated things must be with all your new responsibilities as a mother and Storybrooke and this whole ice problem. It's a lot to take on, even for Snow White."

Mary Margaret stopped struggling with the stroller and looked down at Neal. "Oh, I can handle it. You know, 'cause... I mean, I want to. They say that they grow up so fast. And I don't want to miss a second."

"Yeah. Because you missed it with Emma."

"I don't remember scheduling a session."

"I'm sorry. Um... I-I just can't help myself. But, you know, it... it's really okay. It's actually healthy to not be joined at the hip. And I can tell you, if you let it go, even just a little, the baby will be just fine. And you'll be even better. I promise." He smiled and left Mary Margaret, just as Neal began to cry.

---

Will had taken Emma, Nevaeh and David to "Any Given Sundae" where he was still trying to convince them that the power didn't go out there during the blackout. Emma was peering through the door, and David and Nevaeh through the window.

Emma turned to look at Will and said, "I don't know. Looks pretty normal to me."

"It was bleeding cold in there, I'm telling you," Will told her.

"Because they sell ice cream."

"During the blackout."

"Says the guy who's trying to avoid jail," Nevaeh stated.

"I may be a thief, but I'm no liar and I can bloody well prove it." He moved the door and tried to use a paperclip to unlock the door.

"Really?" David said. "You think breaking in again is gonna help your case?"

"Can you just be quiet a second, mate? I'm just trying to do this. Takes concentration. Bit tricky."

Emma stepped forward and took the paperclip from him as she said, "It's all about... yeah, the tumblers. I got it."

"You do?" David asked.

Emma sighed. "Neal taught me a few things." She unlocked the door. The bell jingled and the four of them entered, the door closing behind them.

"Emma, it doesn't look like..."

"Wait. Shh. Listen."

"I don't hear nothing."

"Exactly. No compressor hum means no cooling system. Smartass here was telling the truth. Something's not right here."

"Check the back," Will suggested. "You'll see how right I am."

Emma entered the freezer and David and Jackie followed her. "Well, look at that. Looks like we owe will an apology." She heard the bell jingle and ran out into the main part of the shop to see Will gone. "Son of a... He's gone." She noticed the cash register was open and all the cash was gone. "And he didn't leave empty-handed." She went to chase after him.

David stopped her. "Emma, stop. He's not the most important thing right now."

Emma, frustrated, asked, "So I just let him go?"

"And then you'll find him."

"Will I?"

"What's going on? Emma, I'm your father. Talk to me."

Emma sighed. "It's Regina. What she said, she was right. It's like I can't save a cat from a tree right now. It's like I'm the anti-savior."

"You're being a little hard on yourself. We all have bad days."

"Well, I'm having a run of them. I know."

"But you can't lose faith in yourself. Trust me."

Nevaeh nodded. "Your father is right. Even a little faith and hope will help. I believe in you, Emma."

---

Hook, Jefferson and Elsa were still following the snowflakes which were leading them through the Storybrooke woods. Every so often, Hook and Jefferson stopped to mark a tree, and Elsa stopped to watch them.

"What are you two doing?" Elsa asked.

Hook marked another tree and replied, "Leaving a trail. Jefferson and I are more accustomed to outrunning bad weather than following it."

Elsa walked alongside him. "Snow isn't bad. And we're following magic."

"Try to outrun that, too, when given the chance," Jefferson said as Elsa chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"It's just Emma and Nevaeh have magic, and you clearly don't want to outrun them."

"I should think not. Veah is my wife."

"More like the other way around," Hook said in regards to Emma.

"Maybe she feels the same way about pirates as you do about magic," Elsa guessed.

"I've worked to change. Though, in fairness, being a pirate is not necessarily a bad thing. Particularly a charming one like meself."

"I think your self-appreciation is blinding you to a simple fact... this isn't about you. It's about her and Jackie."

"Is that right? A few short days, and you know Emma and Nevaeh so well?"

"We're a lot alike. When you have the weight of the world on your shoulders, it can be hard to let people in, to trust them. Even when they want what's best for you."

ARENDELLE - PAST

Elsa and Kristoff had arrived at the cave and were looking around for the urn. They had beaten Hans and his brothers to it. The urn was on a ledge on a rock.

Kristoff pointed to the urn and said, "There's the urn." He chuckled. "See? I told you we could beat Hans the old-fashioned way. Now let's destroy it."

"Do you mind if I use my magic now?" Elsa asked. "Or would you prefer to hack away at it with your ice-axe?"

Kristoff scoffed. "You know, my hacking arm's a little tired. I think you should do the honors, your majesty."

"Why, thank you, ice master." She walked forward and took the urn off the ledge and looked at it. An old language of text suddenly appeared on the outside. Wait. There's something written here. I think these are ancient Futhark runes. I can't read it. What do you think it says?"

"Uh..."Dangerous urn! Keep away!" Just a guess. Does it matter? Let's destroy it and get out of here."

"What if it can tell me if there are others like me? I'm the only one in my family born with magic. I'd like to know why."

"Elsa, I know you want answers. But right now we can get rid of that urn for your own good, and Arendelle's."

"I want to know what it says. I might not get another chance."

"Please, Elsa, you have to trust me on this..." He tried to reach for the urn.

"No!" She snatched the urn back as footsteps approached.

"Someone's coming. Hans." He turned to look at Hans. "And his brothers. Three of them, anyway."

"The urn. Get it," Hans ordered.

The three brothers rushed towards them, in an attempt to retrieve the urn. Kristoff drew his sword ready to fight, and Elsa used her ice magic to knock two brothers to wall, before creating a spiky ice wall, moving it towards them, trapping them between the cave wall and her ice. Kristoff fended off the other brother, and just as they thought they'd won, Hans drew his sword and pressed it against Kristoff's back.

"Enough, witch," Hans said. "Unless you want your sister to be left a widow."

"You know, technically, she wouldn't be a widow," Kristoff pointed out. "We're not married yet, so... ow."

"Hand it over. Now."

Elsa hesitated.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

The snowflakes had led Hook, Jefferson and Elsa to the Snow Queen.

"I'd say we're on the right track," Hook said.

"Yes," Elsa agreed. "There she is." They watched as the Snow Queen stepped out. "Look."

"Get down," the pirate and Mad Hatter instructed as they hid behind a log with Elsa before Hook pulled out his phone.

Elsa looked at it curiously. "What is that thing?"

Hook sighed. "I don't know. It's a device for... Talking. I don't bloody know. I press the "Emma" or "Nevaeh" button, and they answer usually." He pressed the button and sighed again whilst it rang, but it went to voicemail.

Emma's voicemail said, "Hey, this is Emma. Leave a message."

Hook spoke in a lightly annoyed tone. "Why should I carry around this ridiculous thing if you're never there when I use it? We found the person who froze Marian. Get to the west edge of the woods right away." He hung up and pressed another name.

Jefferson called Nevaeh. "This is Nevaeh. I'll get back to you when I can."

"Darlint, the point of a phone is to answer. You and Emma need to get to the west edge of the woods. " He hung up and noticed that Elsa was leaning over the log and pulled her back. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Sorry," Elsa apologized. "I've never seen someone like me before. She doesn't look evil."

"Yeah, well, looks can be deceiving, love," Hook said. "So let's just stay out of sight. I haven't a fondness of icebergs and I'd rather avoid being turned into one."

ARENDELLE - PAST

Elsa was still holding onto the urn in the cave, whilst Hans continued to threaten Kristoff with the sword poking his back.

Hans, eyeing Kristoff with disgust said, "This is the man she's to marry?"

Kristoff scoffed and retorted, "In fairness, I never tried to kill her."

"I didn't try to kill her. I left her to die. Important distinction. But I'm happy to kill you."

"Please, no!" Elsa cried. "Don't hurt him."

"Then give me the urn."

"Elsa, don't," Kristoff said. "It doesn't matter what happens to me. Just don't let him have it."

"Wait," Elsa called. "You can take it. Just let him go."

"Elsa!"

"I'm sorry, Kristoff. I should have listened to you and destroyed it when I had the chance."

"Don't you understand? If Hans has the urn and traps you, then Arendelle is doomed."

"No, it isn't. I didn't trust you before, which is why I have to trust you now. You have to find Anna and save Arendelle."

Hans indicated to one of his brothers to take Kristoff so he could take the Urn from Elsa and chuckled before saying, "Huh? Oh, you want to make fun of me now? Showed them. Now I'll show you. You don't belong in this world. You don't belong anywhere. Which is why I'm gonna put you somewhere where it's like you don't even exist." He opened the lid of the urn and a runny, shiny white substance came out and began to move towards Elsa. "The citizens of Arendelle will cheer when I take their kingdom because they'll finally have a real ruler. Not a monster like you." As the white liquid reached Elsa, it suddenly changed paths, and moved to the side, before beginning to rise, and formed into the Snow Queen. Everyone was wearing similar expressions of confusion.

"No one thought to check if it was empty?"

"What's going on? Who are you?"

"Hmm, from what I just heard, I think you'd call me a monster," the Snow Queen replied, using her magic to freeze Hans. His brothers ran away before she got the chance to freeze them too.

"You... You saved me," Elsa said.

"I know from experience. No one should be trapped in that urn. Especially someone as special as you." She noticed Kristoff. "Who is this?"

"It's okay. He's okay. His name's Kristoff. He's my friend."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Hook, Jefferson and Elsa were still hiding behind their log, and Emma and Nevaeh still hadn't shown up, and Hook and Jefferson decided that it was time to move.

"We've waited long enough," Hook said. "We have to find Emma and Nevaeh." He and Jefferson stood and began to walk away, but suddenly found themselves stuck, ice around their shoes, not allowing them to move.

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't let you leave," the Snow Queen told them.

Hook and Jefferson, confused and angry, asked, "What?"

"Let go of them now," Elsa ordered.

"Not when you and I have so much catching up to do, my sweet Elsa," the Snow Queen said.

"Catching up?" Hook repeated. "What? You know her?"

"I've never seen her before," Elsa replied.

"You've simply forgotten," the Snow Queen told her.

"I wouldn't forget someone like you. Like me."

"The magic of the rock trolls. They pull memories. They did quite a number on you, I'm afraid."

"The rock trolls? Why would they do that to me?"

"For the same reason they did it to your sister, Anna. Some memories are too painful."

"You know Anna? What happened to her?"

"The same things that happens to every ordinary person. Eventually... they grow to fear us. You wonder... How you ended up trapped in that urn. It was your sister. Anna put you there."

"You're lying."

"Am I? Look at the people in this town. They're ready to burn you at the stake."

"Because of what you did. You hurt one of them."

"You mean that woman... Marian. Well, that was an accident."

"No, it wasn't. You wanted them to think it was me. To blame me. Why?"

"I was trying to teach you a lesson. Eventually, everyone turns on people like us. Even friends. Even family. They're just waiting for a reason." She began to grow icicles above Hook and Jefferson, which shook, ready to drop and stab them.

"What are you doing?" She tried to stop them, but she had no magic.

"Don't bother. I've neutralized your magic."

Hook and Jefferson hastily tried to free themselves, and Hook tried to chip at the ice with his hook, but it wasn't working.

The Snow Queen continued. "When your friends are found, you'll look responsible. Then they'll turn on you and they'll treat you as the monster that they truly see you as, and you'll know that I'm right."

"No!" Elsa cried.

Emma and Nevaeh appeared with David, and looked scared when they saw Hook and Jefferson's predicament and the former yelled, "Hey! Dairy queen!"

The Snow Queen, shocked, called, "Emma?"

Emma looked at the Snow Queen, confused. "Do we know each other?"

"Of course not. Your reputation precedes you. You really think that your magic is a match for mine?"

"There's only one way to find out." She and Nevaeh used their magic to force the Snow Queen back.

David rushed over to Hook and Jefferson and began to forcefully bash away the ice around their feet.

Hook and Jefferson looked up and saw that sharp icicles were beginning to dislodge and said, "No."

The Snow Queen sat up and commanded the ice to start falling.

Emma and Nevaeh saw that the ice was falling around David, Jefferson and Hook, and used their magic to move Hook, Jefferson and David out of the way quickly, who landed a few meters away.

"You guys okay?" Emma and Nevaeh asked.

"Yeah, we're fine," David replied as he sat up and looked around for the Snow Queen. "Where is she?"

"She's gone."

ARENDELLE - PAST

Elsa and the Snow Queen were out of the ice cave, and were back in Elsa's palace with the urn. They were laughing and asking one another questions.

"Have you ever made a snowman come to life?" Elsa asked. "That's the best."

"Have you tried building an ice palace yet?" the Snow Queen questioned.

"Yes. You have to see it sometime." She giggled.

The Snow Queen stopped in front of a painting of Elsa's parents and Elsa said, "Oh. That's my favorite painting of my parents. I feel like it gets my mother's smile just right."

"I agree," the Snow Queen stated.

"You knew her?"

"Yes. She's my sister. I knew, when you told me you were queen, that I... I was waiting for the right moment. I-I-I didn't want to overwhelm you. Did... did I?"

Elsa, shocked, said, "No, I... Well, a bit, yes. Mother never told me she had a sister."

"I'm sure she was trying to spare you a very painful history. Y-you see I was trapped in that urn by people who fear magic like ours. But that was a long time ago. And now I cannot wait to see my beloved sister again. Where is she?"

Elsa suddenly looked sad. "Lost at sea. I'm sorry."

"My poor darling girl. You must have felt so lonely when she died."

"It was just me and my sister, Anna. But now she's missing and I fear something's happened to her, too."

"We'll find her. Together. That's what family is for."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Elsa was standing looking at the ice formation the Snow Queen had made. Behind her, Emma, Hook, Jefferson, Nevaeh and David re-grouped, after having a look for the Snow Queen.

Emma sighed and said, "No sign of her. Not even tracks." She began pacing again.

"What is it?" David asked. "You okay? Hey, we're gonna find her. Don't let Regina shake your confidence."

"It's not that. It's this snow queen. It's like she didn't just know Elsa. She knew me, too."

"Well, you are the sheriff and the savior and royalty. I think pretty much everyone in Storybrooke knows who you are."

Emma sighed again. "There's something more. It's like, when she said my name, I-I-I don't know. It sounded familiar."

"Well, we'll figure it out. But today you did good. You stopped her. It was a pretty impressive show, sheriff."

"That it was," Hook agreed. "But perhaps we should keep searching, find the villain's lair, as it were."

Emma narrowed her eyes at him and said angrily, "So you and Jefferson can almost get yourselves killed again? That's exactly why I told you two to go to the sheriff's station." She walked off, leaving a confused Hook and Jefferson behind once again. She approached Elsa and sighed. "How are you doing?"

"That woman was lying about my sister," Elsa said. "She would never trap me in that urn. She was lying about the past. I just wish I knew the truth."

"I've learned the past has a way of revealing itself. Give it time. We're gonna find her, Elsa. Your sister, Anna, and this Snow Queen. My gut tells me that you two are just pawns. I think this is about something more."

"What makes you say that? Emma: I brought you to this world, Elsa, but it was an accident. The Snow Queen, she was already here. I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't just some curse that brought her to Storybrooke."

---

Regina was still in the mayor's office with a now completely frozen Marian. Robin Hood entered the room again, and still looked stressed.

"Roland's with Little John now," Robin Hood said. "I wish I could have told him I did everything I could."

Regina sighed and replied, "Even true love's kiss can't solve every problem."

"Well, there's a reason that kiss didn't work. And it's not what everyone thinks. I'm in love with someone else." He looked at her.

Regina scoffed. "You are?"

"Yes. But..."

"I know. I know you... have to go back to her. She's still your wife."

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this."

Henry entered the room and walked up to them before he said, "You really need to clean that vault out. But I found it." He started rummaging in his bag.

"You're sure you still want me to do this?" Regina asked.

"Yes," Robin Hood replied.

Regina inhaled deeply before plunging her heart into Marian's chest and pulling out her heart, which hadn't been touched by the ice yet. "Well, the ice hasn't touched her heart yet. We can keep her alive."

"So, then, she'll simply stay like this? Alive but... Frozen?"

"Until we find a cure. And I will find one."

---

Hook was drinking alone outside of Granny's at the same table he and Emma kissed out a few nights ago after getting back from the past. Emma exited Granny's diner, and it was clear she was still in a mood with him.

Hook made a gesture for her to join him and called, "Swan. Don't make a man drink alone."

Emma continued walking past him, still annoyed, and retorted, "Not in the mood for a drink or a man." She walked out onto the street.

Hook ran after her. "I'm sorry Jefferson and I didn't listen to you today. All right, I know you feel like you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders. But at some point..." He used his hook to turn her to face him. "Even though we're quite different, you've got to trust me."

Emma raised her voice. "That's what you think this is about? That I don't trust you?"

Hook looked slightly confused. "Is that not what it's about?"

"Of course I trust you."

Hook raised his own voice. "Then why do you keep pulling away from me?"

"Because everyone I've ever been with is dead. Neal and Graham. Even Walsh. I lost everyone. I... I can't lose you, too." She had tears in her eyes.

Hook's expression softened and he kept his gaze on her, now one of comfort. "Well, love, you don't have to worry about me. If there's one thing Hook and I are good at, it's surviving." He continued looking into her eyes for a few moments, before pulling Emma to him and kissed her passionately in the middle of the street, ending their argument.

---

Jefferson watched as Nevaeh, holding a sleeping Tatiana exited the diner and walked past him. "Darling? What is it?"

Nevaeh frowned at him. "You and Killian didn't listen and almost got killed. Jefferson, I can't lose you, and I need you to understand that."

Jefferson ran his hands down her shoulders. "Veah, you won't lose me or Hook. We're survivors."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise." He lifted her chin and kissed her, then tenderly kissed Tatiana's head.

---

The Snow Queen made her way through the woods, and Mr. Gold was waiting for her. The Snow Queen looked surprised to see him.

"Don't worry, dearie," Mr. Gold reassured. "It's only me. Sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted."

"They will," the Snow Queen said.

"We shall see. And, uh... Did Miss Swan remember you?"

"No."

"That's good for you. Because it could happen. And you wouldn't want that, now, would you? Are you sure you don't want my help?"

"When I'm ready to make a deal, I'll come to you."

"A moment I eagerly await. Now, you should find some shelter. It's getting quite frosty." He walked away, leaving the Snow Queen alone in the woods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.5K 23
What if everything you thought you knew about Once Upon A Time was a lie? What if Henry wasn't an only child? What if he was a twin and had a twin si...
72.9K 2.4K 115
***Third book in the Dreams series*** ***The following book to Once Upon a Dream*** After saving Henry from Neverland, or so they thought, the whole...
96.7K 601 24
{ storybrooke } In which Winter accidentally stumbles upon Storybrooke, a town with strange citizens. Be warned: * This book contains plotlines from...
7.6K 442 29
After years as being seen as a villain, Regina; the Evil Queen, has a chance to be a hero after a magical tribe from the realm Eldaland invades Story...