Flames Of Love

By exxangel

A Bond Between a Vampire and Werewolf was like Fire and Ice. For Hundreds of years both creatures have been... More

Summary
WELCOME
EXTRA INFO
INTRODUCTION
CH 1. Cold Beauty
CH 2. The Phoenix
CH. 3. Lord Byun
CH 4. Secrets in Flames
CH 5. The Destined
CH. 6 Ice Breaking
CH 7. Dilemma
CH. 8. Zhang Yixing
CH.9. HeartLess
CH. 11. So You Care?
CH 12. Hybrids
CH 13. Master Xiu
CH 14. The Unforseen
CH 15. Calm Before the Storm
CH 16. Echoing Abyss ( 1 )
CH 17. Echoing Abyss ( 2 )
CH 18. An Artisan?
CH 19. Trap or Trials?
CH 20. The Unknown.
CH 21. Crescentum: The Cursed Land.
CH 22. Crescentum : Breaking Dawn
CH 23. Unveiling Bonds
CH 24 : Serenity.

CH 10. Carved with Flames.

200 12 18
By exxangel

Author's Pov :

Taking a deep breath Chanyeol picked up Sehun before laying him over the couch. His gaze stayed rooted over his sleeping form. Sehun wasn't injured except Chanyeol's handprint mark that has carved itself over his throat after the Alpha choked him against the wall.

Shutting his eyes close he let out a tired sigh before opening his mindlink. 'Kyungsoo, be at my place as soon as possible'

He exited the room and picked up the black folder. Staring deeply at it he made a quick decision of exploring it more carefully later. For some reason, he had this thought that this wasn't just an ordinary folder full of sketches. As if there is a whole new world which he is yet to see and know.

Entering into his Office again he opened a drawer and chucked it inside. He has to be careful now that there are traitors residing in his pack.

Hearing a knock he quickly closed the drawer before answering. "Come In"

Kyungsoo pushed the door open, as his worried glance laid on Chanyeol before sweeping an alerting gaze all around the room only to halt on the unconscious figure lying peacefully on the couch.

"Sehun?" The Delta rushed over to the lying male before checking over him. "How is he here?" His movements were slow but the panic appearing into his gaze was Swift as soon as his eyes fell over the hand print mark. His voice was a mere whisper when he asked, "What happened?"

Chanyeol laid his clenched fist on top of the table, his shoulders tensed - chest rising and falling heavily as he tried to speak without guilt evading his heart.

"Black Magic happened" his hand unconsciously reached towards his own neck to clutch onto the blood stone lying serenly. "He attacked me, under its influence"

Kyungsoo was still in daze when he heard the word 'black magic' but a sharp hitch escaped his lips when he heard the words 'attacked'.

Chanyeol gazed blankly over the frozen male as he knew what his Delta was thinking. "I didn't know, it was so sudden. I almost...I almost..."

Releasing a shaky sigh he unclenched his tightening fist feeling his palms sweaty he closed his eyes again as the image of himself choking Sehun flashed in front of his eyes.

"If that Vampire hadn't appeared on time" he voiced out slowly. "I would have killed him Kyungsoo"

'You will burn him'

Zhang Yixing had said this to him. Chanyeol at that time had really felt the desire to burn down something. He shuddered at the thought of losing into anger and killing Sehun.

"It was self defence" Kyungsoo's tone was that of warning him that he shouldn't blame himself. He picked up the glass water jug before sprinkling a few drops of water on the sleeping Beta's face. "Regarding the rest, it's better if Sehun is aware of it all"

Chanyeol nodded before he slowly sat on the chair. Leaning against his own hands as he tried to calm his emotions down.

Few minutes later they heard a low groan. Sehun felt like someone had hit him with a truck as he felt sharp pain shot through his head. A blur haze formed before his half lidded eyes as he clutched his head to soothe the pain. His wolf was silent, not even a whine but he himself couldn't bear to speak as he tried to open his eyes and recognise his surroundings. The ceiling doesn't look like the one in his room. Where the hell was he?

"Stay calm, and relax. This must be just a side effect" he heard a very familiar voice beside him.

Startled, he blinked twice before letting out a warning growl. ignoring the wave of pain that shot through his whole body he tried to call out his wolf only to meet silence again. He held onto whatever he could hold to sit himself up when a warm hand helped him up.

When he finally cleared his haze he saw Kyungsoo's figure leaning over him. He blinked again before closing his heavy eyes. His head was pounding, every nerve in his body was as if being pulled apart.

"Slowly. Breathe in Breathe out" Kyungsoo quietly guided him as he soothed his scalp with his nimble fingers.

Sehun did as he told before opening his eyes again, that's when his confused gaze found Chanyeol's slouched figure. Immediately, he felt something was wrong.

"What was the last thing you remember?"

Sehun inhaled and exhaled, trying to recall. He does remember falling asleep over his couch while going through some documents. He was rechecking their whole plan, trying to find an opening of some sort when he fell asleep. Other than that, he remembers nothing.

"I fell asleep over the couch, and then I am here" he replied, unconsciously touching his neck. And as soon as he touched it he let out a hiss of pain. Shooting a questioning glance towards the Delta he growled. "I should be in my freaking house. How did I get here? And what the hell happened to me?! It feels like i was pounded against a rock"

He snapped at both the males, only to receive serious looking faces.

"You attacked Chanyeol last night" Kyungsoo finally dropped the Bomb.

Sehun froze while he felt Chanyeol's slouched figure stiffened.

The beta was confused before glaring accusingly at the Delta. "What nonsense are you saying? I attacked my Alpha?!"

Kyungsoo sighed, brushing his hand through his hair. "Can you feel your wolf? Why aren't you healing?"

Sehun shook his head before letting out a frustrating growl again. "It isn't responding, but what does this have to do with me attacking Chanyeol?"

Before Kyungsoo could answer again, Chanyeol's hoarse voice cut through them. "You were under Black Magic's influence"

Frustration was replaced by pure shock as Sehun turned his whole attention towards Chanyeol.

The Alpha finally raised his head. Sehun was taken aback by the silver in his eyes, a clear indication that his wolf was on the surface.

Sehun shrinked back before lowering his gaze. "Black Magic..?" He whispered, not believing his ears.

Chanyeol was having an internal breakdown. He was fighting off with his own emotions. His wolf could feel the pressure but its mental stability was far better than Chanyeol's. It was a beast afterall, they had better hold on to their emotions more than Humans.

Chanyeol heard his wolf sigh, before gently pushing his consciousness forward. Raising its head he stared at his Beta before revealing again about the Black magic. He concentrated for a while trying to contact the wolf but could only hear its low heartbeat.

Chanyeol's wolf stared at Sehun with a deep frown. "You might not remember anything, so I will reveal it to you. Under the influence of Black magic you attacked me. I tried to inquire, but you couldn't respond as there was only a weird sound that came from you. At that moment, the only thing I could do was use was force"

Chanyeol's Alpha wolf watched his beta's face turn pale. It leaned backwards on the chair as its silver eyes glowed darker. Someone entered into his pack, toyed with his packmates, and even dared to use his subordinates. What guts!

"Your wolf must be unconscious. The Magic must have affected him too. Give it some time. Without your wolf your healing abilities will take time" Kyungsoo patter his shoulder before facing Chanyeol.

"They did it to warn you. If not Sehun would have been dead like the rest of them"

Chanyeol's wolf hummed, he already concluded that a while ago. Whoever it is, couldn't digest the fact that he wasn't afraid of their mind games so now using another tricks to get him to react. They almost succeeded and that makes him even more angry.

Sehun was still not responding back. His head was bowed but Chanyeol's wolf could feel his fury. He knew the younger male was angry and maybe feeling guilty. Chanyeol was his Alpha after all. Attacking ones leader, is a sign of betrayal. Though in Sehun's case it was attacking under once influence it was still shameful. Other thing was this affected his wolf. Even though we are animals, we are a part of their souls.

"They almost succeeded" his dark eyes lowered down, at that time they look even more frightening. "The pheonix is a creature which harbours great strength and it's rage can destroy everything. While I was inquiring Sehun I felt its core growing hotter. Such power I never felt before. It was urging me to explode. The one who stopped me from almost killing Sehun was the Vampire, Zhang Yixing"

At that Sehun finally looked up. His heart was beating fast.

"I am so sorry Alpha. I wasn't careful enough. It's a shame that i fuxking got myself caught in this scheme too" Sehun said with regret and shame laced in his voice. "I swear whoever did this, i am gonna kill that son of a bitxh and make him\her kneel before you"

"I know" Chanyeol's wolf smirked. "I won't expect anything else. No one messes with my Beta"

Rising from his Chair he made his way towards the glass wall before staring into the horizon. His silver eyes shined brighter with a hint of red in them. The rising sun was like a rising tide, which was coming at him with full force, if he doesn't take precautions he would be getting caught in it.

Opening his mindlink his Alpha voice boomed in. "We are leaving for the Capital in an hour. Prepare well"

Closing the mindlink Chanyeol wolf returned back to its consciousness. Chanyeol blinked before turning to face Sehun and Kyungsoo.

"You both should go an prepare for the journey as well. Sehun you can stay back in the pack if you want" he asked the Beta who shook his head and rose from the couch.

"I won't stay back Chanyeol. I need to find that person and get my wolf back. If I hide here, i don't deserve to be your second in command". Saying that he jumped out of the window, and stumbled as he landed. He is weak yet still stubborn.

"Just let him do as he wants. He won't have peace until then" Kyungsoo sighed shaking his head as he stared at the limping Beta. "I will go and check everything again. Why don't you freshen up as well"

Nodding Chanyeol, muttered "See you later"

As soon as Kyungsoo was gone, Chanyeol first wanted to take a shower, so he exited his office and walked towards his room.

On the way he thought about everything again.

Chanyeol has always been a pretty calm person. He has never lost himself in anger and harmed anyone. Even when facing his enemies he has been patient and cool headed.

But suddenly the boiling anger that he has been feeling since a few days ago has shocked him to the core. It was as if he couldn't control it anymore. His wolf had seemed to be on edge too, the silver was always present as if he was on guard and ready to throttle anyone who dares come close to him. It now occurs more often to take over Chanyeol if it feels like the human can't handle.

Entering his room he took out the clothes he has to wear. Stripping from the previous clothes he removed the blood stone and place it over the sink. Standing under the shower he stared at himself in the mirror.

He sometimes can't understand himself. What Zhang Yixing said is right. He has to get a hold onto himself. He doesn't want to be a pheonix but it was written in his destiny, bound to his soul. With the upcoming danger he can't say if he can protect anyone. He is weak, useless and helpless. At the same time this new power terrifies him.

Something has gone terribly wrong since he encountered that attacker in the forest. Chanyeol was protected from illusion since he has the blood stone but what about the things which aren't illusions.

He stared at his Shirtless back, the tattoo seems darker. The delicately carved Phoenix was watching him. The hotness hasn't evaporated. As the cold water hit his body, heat waves pass like he was standing in a pool of fire. This sensation was like burning down all his patience and sanity.

Feeling another wave, he quickly shut the water off, before leaning against the sink. Inhaling and exhaling he tried to pick up the bloodstone only for it to slip through his fingers. He was trembling. A sharp burn made him hiss. He felt the tattoo over his back burning. He graoned again as he felt someone took a burned stick and was carving something again.

The same painful and burning touch was here again. It was similar to how he felt in the forest. He watched as his nails became claws as they dug into the sink, his head snapped towards the ceiling, his silver eyes glowing bright as he bared his fangs. A growl erupted through his throat and before he knew it he felt his claws growing. Shit! He was going to force shift.

The cracking of bones echoed in his ears. He felt his body shifting into his wolf form.. Grey eyes shifted into a pool of silver as his claws extended breaking the sink which he held. Teeth grew his sharp fangs, which bared lowly to warn his enemy. Silvery white fur coated his body. Growling painfully, his eyes snapped up to the mirror again, to see himself in his magnificent wolf form, only to receive another surprise.

Oh Heavens!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hello Again! 🙋

I want to ask if the story seems too slow paced?

Because as I want this book to be different from my previous book, i am adding more details and more layers. So the pace is like this. Also it's a slow burn so the ones who are waiting for the confession too soon, sorry to disappoint. 🥲

If you have any questions plz feel free to ask accept for spoilers 🤭

Thankyou so much for being patient with me. 🥰

Thankyou for Reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 94 76
In the ethereal realm of angels, a fallen figure named Baekhyun wanders, his once magnificent golden wings now tattered and tarnished. Consumed by pr...
8.3K 713 21
Baekhyun Loved Chanyeol to infinity and beyond. They were so in love that the world around them stopped to stare at the couple. A match made in heave...
2.2K 173 2
[SEBAEK 💗 COMPLETED] 8,108 words Baekhyun had been assigned to watch over Kyungsoo, to be his guardian angel of sorts. Everything was going perfectl...
62.4K 3.8K 26
[English] A ChanBaek/BaekYeol fanfiction. What if suddenly a stranger came into your peaceful life and change your life? Will you hate that person? O...