Flatmates ✔

By Dharani17

Laksh, one of the Ragini's colleagues becomes Ragini's flatmate. After becoming Flatmates he becomes her soul... More

FM-1
FM-2
FM-3
FM-4
FM-5
FM-6
FM-7
FM-9
FM-Last

FM-8

269 37 3
By Dharani17

Namaskaram 🙏

Date of Update: 16.12.2022

****

Next day whole Day Ragini spent lazily. She felt very lazy due to her periods and decided to stay like that. She was mood off. She kept looking at her phone now and then waiting for some call or text from Laksh but he didn't text or call her. She spoke to Swara for sometime like every other day and the rest of the day tried concentrating on the book she is reading.

On the other side Laksh who has discovered the worry of his parents decided to show that he is happy and will be happy no matter Ragini has accepted him or not. He tried his best to show his parents that he will be doing fine. So he decided he wouldn't call or text Ragini. He didn't get the topic of Ragini also in front of his parents. He played indoor games with his parents winning every game cheating them making them whine and he would laugh at them. He enjoyed a lot though he missed Ragini. He felt it's going to be really difficult if he has to go away from Ragini but he can't put that worry in front of his parents as he doesn't want to worry them.

"Bye ma. Don't worry! Take care!" he bid bye kissing her forehead lovingly.

"Take Care Lucky! Be strong!" His father Dp said caressing his hair as he hugged him.

"Come on guys I am fine. You both don't worry. And don't worry me also. I will be fine. It's life... not everything goes according to us." He said holding their hands.

Both of them looked at each other and smiled at each other then turned to him with proudness in their eyes for their son. Laksh smiled and hugged both of them tight happily seeing them proud.

"Come as soon as possible again." His mother said cupping his face.

He nodded and waved at them as he got into the train.

The train moved while they waved again before the train left from their sight completely.

Laksh sighed as he got settled in his seat.

****

Ragini is making dinner for herself when she heard the calling bell. She adjusted the flame of the stove before going to open the door. As she opened the door there stood Laksh with bright smile.

"You?" she asked surprised to see him there.

She thought he would be coming the next day morning just before they would leave to office.

"Yup! Me! Am I am not visible?" He asked waving his hand in front of her eyes.

Ragini rolled her eyes and moved aside letting him inside.

"I thought you would come tomorrow before we had to go to office!" she said as she made her way towards kitchen while he also moved inside to have some water.

"I actually come at this time, every time I go home. I check whether there is availability of tickets for this particular train, then only I decide to leave there. I feel tired if I come early in the morning and has to compromise about work at office." Laksh said as he washed his hands and fetched himself some water.

Ragini nodded. Laksh sat on the kitchen slab as he took his phone out to call his parents and tell them that he reached. He saw her already done making the dinner.

"Yes ma I reached!" he responded to his mother who asked him whether he reached as soon as she took the call.

He spoke two more minutes and then cut the call.

"Should I make dinner for myself?" he asked.

"Nope. I made extra thinking to give some to Mrs. Singhania. But since you are here I will give her some other day." Ragini said.

Laksh nodded. He didn't get the topic of last day intentionally as he doesn't want her to discover that it was him who asked Mrs. Singhania to check on her.

"I will just put my bag inside and come." Laksh said.

Ragini nodded. He moved out of the kitchen while Ragini kept looking the way he went with smile. She turned towards the stove again to only smile brighter. She doesn't know what had gotten into her that she is feeling really happy as he returned back. Switching off the stove, smiling and lost in her thoughts she moved out of the kitchen just to bump into Laksh's chest. Laksh immediately held her protectively preventing her from falling. She looked above at him only to get drowned in his eyes. Laksh looked at her concerned only to find out her lost in his eyes.

He felt strange. He saw the same glow he is seeing right now in her eyes when he was at the door few minutes ago. It definitely made him feel good but he doesn't want to make any false assumptions.

"You okay?" he asked making her stand properly and also bringing her back from his eyes.

"Yup. Thank You!" she thanked him moving away from him tucking her hair strands behind her ear.

Laksh smiled at her act and moved away not to make it awkward for her. He sat on the couch taking the book placed there. He can say that it was the book she must be reading. He has seen the bookmark. It was a cute bookmark. He suddenly stood up and spoke to her moving towards her who once again went to kitchen.

"Ragini would you mind lending me some book?" he asked.

"Would you mind paying rent for reading my books?" she asked teasingly.

Laksh scratched his forehead a little but then shook his head as no with a little movement. Ragini laughed seeing his expressions which surprised him.

"I was just teasing you Laksh. I will get one good book for you wait." She said smiling and left from there.

Laksh kept staring the way she went without blinking his eyes. He is not able to believe the changes in her. It's just two days he left and he felt suddenly he needs to discover many things about her. Not that he knows everything earlier but today she looked even more new suddenly. He came out of his thoughts when Ragini forwarded a book to him.

"Thank You!" he said and moved out of the kitchen.

He sat on the couch and was about to start reading but Ragini interrupted.

"Come on. Don't start it now. Let's first have dinner. You won't be able to stop reading it if you start it now. You will skip your dinner and also sleep. Don't forget to set timer so that you don't sacrifice your sleep." She said.

Laksh looked at her without blinking as she spoke so much at once. It was very rare. Or say hardly twice or thrice he had seen her speak like that.

"Laksh something is odd with her!" he murmured to himself making sure it isn't audible to her and got up to help her to arrange the table.

They had dinner silently like every day. Laksh was just having food not looking above while today Ragini was taking secret glances of Laksh. She sighed realising what she was doing and continued eating trying her best not to look at him. After dinner they went to their respective rooms while Ragini stood in her room's balcony and smiling bright staring at the moon.

"So you are letting him in!" Her brain spoke suddenly.

Ragini's eyes widened realising what her brain meant.

"No! I am not!" she spoke shaking her head vigorously which also led to tears in her eyes.

"No Ragini you can't and you won't!" she wiped off her tears pressing her lips together to control her sob.

She took deep breathes shaking her head and controlling her tears. She suddenly remembered that dream where she was confessing her love for Laksh. She got smile on her lips which she immediately tried to wipe it off by removing that thought from her brain.

"He is just a FLATMATE!" She murmured to herself clutching the railing hard to control her emotions.

She struggled for some time and finally was able to control herself. She made herself determined of not letting him in and went to sleep.

****

"Ragini!" Mrs. Singhania called her when she was getting into the driving seat of the car.

She stopped and looked at Mrs. Singhania with a small smile. Laksh came from behind.

"Oh Laksh is also back!" Mrs. Singhania stated looking at Laksh.

Laksh smiled.

"Well... this is the pamphlet for the events we are going to have for all the ten days of Navaratri. This is the first time we are going to have an amazing Dasara Navaratri. We all are going to enjoy. So get ready." Mrs. Singhania spoke excited.

Ragini just smiled and took the pamphlet nodding.

"Let me remind you, both of you have to participate collectively in whatever you like. No arguments. No excuses." Mrs. Singhania spoke strictly.

RagLak just nodded with small smile. They bid bye to each other and got settled in the car. Laksh grabbed the pamphlet and started reading it.

"Woah! Ten days, ten types. Games, cultural activities, fashion show!" he spoke.

"Fashion show?" Ragini asked surprised.

Laksh chuckled nodding.

"Traditional way! They mentioned in brackets." Laksh said chuckling.

Ragini giggled. Laksh smiled seeing her giggle.

"Are you participating?" Ragini asked.

"Ummm... seeing the list I should think of it. I can do one or two in this though. I think this will be some kind of refreshment after hectic office hours." Laksh said.

He folded the paper and kept in his pocket to keep it safe. Ragini nodded.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I.... I don't... know!" She said not sure.

She used to love such things earlier but now things have been very different. She has to think of it.

"I think you should. It's up to you though." He said looking out.

Ragini gave him a glance and concentrated on driving. It was silent journey till they reached their office. She kept thinking about the events. She then remembered about the Saturday she spent with Mrs. Singhania and Abhi. The day she enjoyed and really felt good. She has decided she is going to enjoy. She knows that will make her mother happy. That day went off like that with work. They reached home all tired. Ragini is very much tired that she just landed on couch as soon as they enter home. Laksh could understand her condition as she had to do double work due to some one else's mistake. She was running whole day like a machine working non stop. She got hardly fifteen minutes for lunch and that too Laksh forced her to have.

"Thanks!" She thanked him as he passed water for her.

He just smiled and left from there to change. She had water and leaned back to couch closing her eyes relaxing herself. She didn't realise when she slept there that too soundly.

"Ragini!" Laksh shook her.

She slowly opened her eyes to see him looking at her with smile.

"Get freshen up. Dinner is ready!" He said.

Her eyes widened as she gave a brief glance to clock.

"I slept for one and half hours!" She exclaimed.

Laksh nodded.

"Damn!" she jumped from the couch and ran into her room to freshen up.

Laksh was surprised seeing her actions. He chuckled and waited for her to come back. Soon she came back.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to leave all the work to you. I don't know how I fell asleep." Ragini apologised.

"It's okay! I know you are tired. That is why I didn't wake you though you were sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Hope it didn't hurt you." He spoke with concern at the end.

Ragini shook her head and got herself to concentrate on her food. She was touched by his concern. Her walls are getting weak. She can't let them get weak. It was very hard for her to build them. She isn't ready for any kind of pain anymore in her life. Staying alone is good than expecting someone to stay with them life long! This is what she thinks about a companion or family for now. After losing her mother she had decided that nobody will be coming as close as her mother to her again. But will she be able to stop herself from falling for this person who is ready to wait for her his life long?

*****

"Thanks Bhayya!" She thanked the watchman who brought her five parcels at a time.

"Woah! So much shopping!" Laksh commented as he saw her dropping all the parcels on the couch.

"These are just half of what I ordered. Others will come in two days." She said grinning happily.

Laksh smiled seeing her happy face.

"I am going to wear ten different new outfits for ten days of Navratri." She spoke so happy and excited.

Laksh is just smiling seeing her happy face. He felt happy seeing her happy. Her eyes shined in happiness seeing those new outfits.

"You know Laksh Ma and Me used to shop a lot when Navaratri is coming. Everyday we used to wear new outfits. There used to be big celebration all the ten days in our society there at home. I used to miss them a lot when I was here at that time. Now after so many years I am so excited." She spoke excited and happy.

May be this was the first time he saw her so happy and also she was happy for the first time when she spoke about her mother. Laksh smiled. His lips aren't moving down. They just want to stay there up curved seeing her all happy and excited. She looked just like a child who got her favourite toy.

"You got new outfits?" She asked suddenly.

"Umm... I don't really shop. It's always ma who shops for me too. I think she didn't shop any this time as she didn't inform me about the delivery." Laksh said.

"Then let us shop. Come sit." She pulled him excited.

Laksh couldn't deny seeing her excitement. She started browsing and showing him many shirts one after the other excited.

"This will be amazing! Do you like it?" She asked looking at him.

Seeing the shine in her eyes he nodded yes. He bothered least how it looked. He was just staring her and just concentrating on her happiness. He didn't even observe the shirt properly.

"Done! I am ordering this for you." She said.

His phone rang and he looked at it to see it's his mother.

"Ma!" He spoke taking the call.

"Babu you will get a parcel tomorrow to your office. Take it. Wear it on the last day of the festival." His mother said.

Laksh smiled and said okay.

"Ma got me a new outfit." He said looking at her.

"Oh! Should I cancel this?" she asked with a little disappointment.

"No need. I liked this one too. Let it be." He said.

She smiled bright and nodded.

"I will arrange these and come." Saying she ran into her room holding her clothes.

He smiled seeing the way she went.

"If you would look this happy just because you shopped I would just let you shop all the day." He murmured to himself.

****

First day of the Navratri. Ragini got so excited as soon as she saw the whole decoration.

"So beautiful!" She murmured seeing the decoration.

"Laksh you park the car and come. I am going to get ready." She stopped the car at the middle of the way to parking and left from there leaving the car to Laksh.

Laksh was shocked today. He chuckled and got down to shift himself to driving seat. He parked the car and moved towards their flat. He saw Ragini sitting there with her strict and sad face again.

"Hey What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing!" she said and left from there.

Laksh looked confused. As soon as she closed the door her eyes turned teary.

"Why Ragini? Why?" she murmured to herself sitting down on the floor sliding the door.

She suddenly realised how excited and happy she has turned these few days. She suddenly realised she is being friendly, very friendly with Laksh. She also realised that she is getting comfortable around him. She shouldn't get close to some one right? Then why did she let him make her comfortable around him. How did she even get comfortable around him? Is it because he stayed with her when she needed someone. Then she has to keep a check on herself when she is around him. Determined she left to change.

Laksh got mesmerised seeing her in the beautiful salwar suit. She looked so gorgeous. Her hair left open with a bindi adored in between her perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her love shaped perfect lips were shining due to the effect of her strawberry lip balm. Her eyes perfectly carved with the kajal. She looked gorgeous than everyday for him today.

"Damn! Is she planning to kill me with her beauty?" Laksh whispered to himself.

Ragini observed him staring at her but she looked away controlling her smile just to make herself conscious around him.

"Laksh we are getting late." She said looking around but him.

Laksh observed her behaviour changed once again. He knows something is odd with her from the time he went and came back from his home town. He moved passing her and she followed him. Once they reached the area where the whole events are going to happen, i.e. the open area of the apartment in the ground floor Ragini got a hearty welcome by Abhi. He hugged her and then pulled her showing few things that excited him in the whole decoration. Laksh stood there adoring Ragini's genuine smile while she is talking to Abhi and also few other kids who joined them. She is also telling them how to enjoy doing some cute childish things. She blew the bubbles that are arranged for the kids making kids jump in happiness. She is laughing and jumping along with them while Laksh is just adoring her. He is not able to take off his eyes from her.

"Ahem! Ahem!" he heard a fake laugh and looked away immediately.

"Mrs. Singhania!" he exclaimed and smiled at her.

"Someone is not able to take their eyes off their love it seems." Mrs. Singhania teased him.

Laksh just smiled at her.

"When are you telling her?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

'Only if it was that easy!' Laksh thought in his mind but just smiled.

"Not planned anything?" Mrs. Singhania asked with wide eyes.

Laksh shook his head with smile.

"Very Slow!" Mrs. Singhania commented.

Laksh chuckled.

"I am happy taking it slow. Let's not discuss that now." He said smiling just a little but there is lots of pain and fear in his heart.

The fear of how will he live when she isn't going to let him enter her life. The pain he would have to go through seeing her going away from him. He just stared Ragini trying to capture her how much he could so that he don't regret to have less things to memorise when he needs her memories.

Mrs. Singhania was about to speak something but someone called her. She excused and left.

Two day passed with Laksh enjoying everything about Ragini. Ragini enjoyed every bit. Laksh did too but mostly adoring Ragini and her happiness. It's third day evening. Ragini wore a beautiful gagra looking stunning. Laksh was so mesmerized by her beauty. He was like everyday happily enjoying by taking secret glances of her while conversing with people around. All of a sudden Ragini came towards him and held his hand smiling at the person whom Laksh is talking to. Laksh was surprised by her act but Ragini is actually killing the person who is talking to Laksh, correction flirting with Laksh, in her brain by stabbing the person with a knife.

"Supriya see there someone is calling you." Ragini said controlling herself from gritting her teeth in anger.

Laksh looked at the direction Ragini has pointed to see none. Supriya also found the same.

"But there are none Ragini." Supriya said.

"But she signed you to come that side. I saw." Ragini said.

"Oh!" Supriya said and left from there.

Ragini kept glaring her till she goes from there.

"Who called her?" Laksh asked looking at her.

"That person!" she said and left from there.

Laksh was confused to hell. He shrugged his thoughts when some kids pulled him along with them.

All the ten days passed with amazing time with the events. RagLak participated in few events. They had lots of fun. In these days Ragini has become more comfortable around Laksh which she didn't fail to observe. But what else she observed most is that the more she started feeling comfortable around him the more she was feeling happy and light inside her. She was just trying her best to control that feeling which she is failing miserably and yet she didn't feel bad. She even cried a lot of times for failing miserably in that but it also gave her peace. She had conflicted a lot regarding this, she won every time in the conflict but at the end she ended up doing completely opposite of the decision she has taken. She needed someone to share about it but she didn't find one for that. She didn't understand what to do and all she could do was struggle.

****

Thank You for reading.

With Love

Dharani (Dhaరणि)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 4.5K 29
A business marriage of RagLak, reveals secrets around Ragini's family. How the love of a man can change the life of an unfortunate woman
139K 8.2K 64
after laksh and kavya marriage..
15.9K 1.1K 13
Story about two ex lovers who met again after their ended relationships. Can they have a second chance for their old love or is it too late? RagLak l...
95.7K 2.8K 18
This is my idea after Ragini's truth was exposed and she was thrown out of their lives.Laksh has realised his love for Ragini. Ragini does'nt want to...