SQUISH

By eccentricbbygirl

In which two a-spec girls find each other... More

Information
character aesthetics
1. Afton๐Ÿ’š
2. Afton ๐Ÿ’š
3. Nandi ๐Ÿ’œ
5. Nandi ๐Ÿ’œ
6. Afton ๐Ÿ’š
7. Nandi ๐Ÿ’œ
8. Afton ๐Ÿ’š
9. Nandi ๐Ÿ’œ
10. Afton๐Ÿ’š
๐Ÿ’šEpilogue๐Ÿ’œ

4. Afton ๐Ÿ’š

71 8 5
By eccentricbbygirl

Afton's POV

Editing was the most tedious process of being a YouTuber. I had spent half the afternoon doing it, but I was finally done and uploaded the video on YouTube.

I hope my subscribers like it!

My phone lit up with a message and I unlocked it.

Keandre🌷: my gorgeous beautiful intelligent talented  friend 🥺

Afton 💚: Wat soek jy?😹😹😹 (What do you want?)

Keandre🌷:  i'm still on campus working on that group assignmen 😭 2 ppl wanna buy some stuff today... would you mind helping me with my customers, vriendin?🥹 (friend)

Afton💚:  no problem girl

Keandre🌷: dankie!!! (Thank you!!!) The stuff is in my cupboard

Afton💚: cool

I took my laptop and textbook, and walked down the passage to Keandre's room. I took the stuff then proceeded to walk to our kitchen. Keandre sold a variety of make-up products and tote bags.

I sat on the bar stool, listening to my soul and rnb playlist as I waited for the customers to come collect their packages.

I was immersed in my public law module when a knock sounded on the door.

There was one more package left, it contained two lipglosses; a strawberry and watermelon flavour. Great! I'm done!

"Come in!" I said

I watched the door open.

It was Her.

Somehow, I knocked over my hydro flask.  I quickly picked it up from the floor, a little embarrassed about all the noise.

Why did that have to happen?

"Sorry about that." I said

She was even more stunning up close. She had a silver nose ring. Her hair was now in Senegalese twists tied up in a high ponytail that accentuated her dark upturned eyes.

"It's okay. How are ya?" She spoke, her voice was like a melody. I wanted to hear her speak all day. Does she sing? I'm sure it sounds amazing.

"I'm well, thanks and you?" I said

She sighed and walked closer to me. She smelled as great as she looked.

"I'm so tired. I just came back from a two hour practical." She said

Really? She looks so damn good.

"Oh jinne. Uni is literally the bane of our existence honestly. What are you studying?"

"Tell me about it! I'm studying civil engineering. What about you?"

"Ooo women in STEM. I see you."

Pretty and smart.

She chuckled."Heck yeah! What about you? What are you studying?"

"Law."

"Wow. That too is a lot of pressure."

"Ja (Yes).It definitely is. There's no easy degree, man. Umm ironically Keandre is caught up with some work too, sooo I'm helping her out today."

"Don't worry about it. She told me...I've actually seen you on Keandre's Insta. Afton right?"

Wait what? My squish knows me!?

My heart raced.

"Ja. Afton. What's your name?"

"Nandi. Pleased to meet you."

Pretty name.

Everything is just perfect.

A 10/10.

Wait...I'm seriously having a convo with my squish? That's crazy!

"Please to meet you too, Nandi...umm..."-I grabbed the pastel pink tiny paper-bag on the table-"These must be yours then?"

"Probably yeah. I ordered lipgloss."

She gave me the money and I handed her the bag, our fingers brushed. How would it feel like to hold her hand? I'm pretty sure I would feel safe. Her aura is so peaceful. Makes me want to melt in her arms after a long hard day...

She opened the bag. Her dark eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion as she looked at the lipglosses.

"Oh, about that...Don't stress. Keandre released a new flavour. She wants you guys to try it out."

How in the world did I forget to tell her ?

"Oh!"- she unwinded the watermelon lipgloss and applied it onto her thick brown lips- "it smells so good!"

"I know right! I'm glad you like it. Keandre wasn't so sure about it."

"No ways. It's perfect. These will do the trick for my make-up. I have a date tomorrow."

My heart dropped.

So she's really really allo? That sucks damn.

"You'll look beautiful,I'm sure of that. I hope it goes well." I said

She smiled. Woah.  I made her smile! I made her smile!

"You're so sweet. Thank you. Let me get going."

"Enjoy the rest of your evening."

"You too. Tell Keandre I say hi."

"Of course!"

She shut the door and I waited a few seconds before excitedly jumping around the kitchen.

"I spoke to her! I spoke to her and she knows me!"

💚

An hour later Keandre arrived at the apartment. She came to my room and thanked me for the favour.

"Wat gaan aan met jou? (What's going on with you?) You've been smiling a lot." She said

She sat on my chair, while I did my work on my bed. 

I twirled the drawstring of my hoodie. "Soooo why didn't you tell me that you have such a cute regular customer?"

Her hazel eyes flashed with curiosity. "Girl, which one now?"

"Nandi!" I said

"Nandi...You're telling me you have a squish now? Afton has a squish!" She said the last part in a sing-song voice

"Is she like allo? Is she some type of queer? Do you know her boyfriend? Is she-"

"Slow down,girl. We aren't even close like that. She's just a friendly acquaintance. We actually stayed in the same res during my undergrad."

"Rerig!? (Really!?) It's a small world."-I hugged my pillow-"I think I'm in love."

Keandre cackled. "And which type of attraction are you experiencing, madam?"

"Ummm... I'm yet to figured that out...all I know is that I like this girl in some way."

"Oh my gosh! You really have a squish! Hold on, I'm going to take a nap, otherwise I'll die. It's been a long day. I need to be fully awake for this chat. We will definitely talk about this later..."

"Okay girl! Enjoy your nap!"

"I'll try!" She said as she walked out

I spoke to Nandi! I got to speak to her! I have a squish!

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading!
Don't forget to vote & comment!

Glossary:

Allo: short for alloromantic and allosexual ; somebody who experiences romantic and sexual attraction

Dankie [Afrikaans]: Thank you

Ja [Afrikaans]: Yes

Jinne: an expression used to express dismay or excitement

Rerig? [Afrikaans]: Really?

Wat gaan aan met jou ? [Afrikaans] : What's going on with you?

Wat soek jy? [Afrikaans]: What do you want ?

Vriendin [Afrikaans] : friend (female)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380 49 14
I loves me some black men. Thick lips, chocolatey smooth skin, and just their whole vibe. But my choices lately... Let's just say I had to take a ste...
663K 40.5K 53
"๐—ฃ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป.. ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐˜† ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜€, ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐˜† ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜€" ยฉ -๐™ผ๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด๐šˆ๐™ฒ๐™ท๐™ฐ๐š‚๐™ด๐š ๏ฟฝ...
2.2K 124 14
Milo and Cameron are best friends accustomed to Milo oversharing about his BDSM lifestyle so it throws everything off when Cameron asks Milo to teach...
1.6M 83.3K 76
I found my homie and my best friend I'mma be there for ya till the very end No matter what, no matter what , no matter what.