The Dragon's Wildfire

By inkandanalysis

Join the world of Daemon Targaryen, a nobleman who rescues the young Elaena despite her not being his own fle... More

Author's Note
The Dragon's Wildfire
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
From Me To You

Chapter 7

1.5K 43 1
By inkandanalysis

In a distance, Elaena saw Daemon walking through the battlefield and tore a piece of cloth. Standing atop a knoll and waves a white makeshift flag. Drahar, the hideous Crabfeeder emerges from his cave, he sends some men to disarm Daemon.

Daemon, who is on his knees, offers them his sword, Dark Sister. Elaena was already shaking in rage but she knew that wasn't the right time to be reckless and being patient will let them win this war.

Caraxes as per Elaena's order cautiously and quietly creep towards the battlefield, enough for them not to be seen by Drahar. As Elaena knew that Drahar would constantly look up and check for any signs of a dragon.

The plan was to let all the Crabfeeder's army step out of their caves, luring them out and letting them surround Daemon and that's the time Elaena will rain fire on all of them, burning them alive. Elaena hummed as she saw archers drawing their arrows. Biting her lips, her body raked in anxiousness as Daemon took out his dagger and stabbed Crabfeeder's goon right in his heart. Daemon gets his sword back and slaughters the remaining men.

"Not yet, Caraxes." Elaena mumbled.

Even Elaena was impatient already as they began to rain arrows to Daemon.

"Not yet." Elaena mumbled once more.

Her eyes are not leaving Daemon as he slays, runs, and avoids the arrows.

"Come on, kepa." Elaena whispered, a gasp escaped her lips as two arrows struck Daemon, one on his shoulder and one on his leg.

"Come out already, you cunts." Elaena cursed.

Taking cover by the shipwreck, Drahar ordered for all the Crabfeeder's men to come out and circle Daemon.

"Fucking finally." Elaena mumbled, she caressed Caraxes' head which earned a growl, "Sōvēs." She muttered and Caraxes obliged.

Caraxes ascended into the air as the Crabfeeder's men continued circling around Daemon. Elaena looked down, her eyes held no emotions.

"Drakarys." Elaena said and Caraxes opened his mouth, burning and engulfing them with flames and killing them in the process, Caraxes landed near Daemon as Elaena immediately went down and run towards him.

Elaena opened her arms and hugged Daemon, "What took you so damn long, wildfire? I almost died here." Daemon complained.

"But you didn't, did you? I was making sure that son of a bitch let his army out before burning them alive." Elaena answered.

Elaena offered her hand to which Daemon quickly accepted, pulling him up, Daemon groaned as Caraxes flew up while spitting fires to the enemy. The father and daughter then attacked the remaining men, mercilessly and with no remorse slaughtering everyone. Blood, guts, and flesh splattering all over the sand. Elaena ignored the blood drying on her armor, on her face and hair and continued slicing and killing their enemy. Elaena scuffed as soon as she saw Corly's soldiers, running towards them.

"So, they have a plan to help us, surprisingly." Elaena muttered and threw her dagger towards the men who were about to attack her.

Running and sliding between the legs of a man, she easily retrieved her dagger and stabbed it into the Crabfeeder's men right into his heart. As war broke out, Laenor, who was riding Seasmoke, burned the archers. Elaena glanced at Daemon as she saw Drahar go inside the cave. Daemon nodded his head and together they walked inside the cave.

Darkness welcomed and surrounded both of them with little to no light. Elaena breathes slowly as she feels her surroundings, cautious with every step she makes. Hearing a movement to her right, she ducked and slashed her dagger, earning a hiss from Drahar.

"Die, you motherfucker." Elaena spoke and threw her dagger, pinning Drahar to the wall.

Daemon then approaches Drahar and slices him in half. Their heavy breaths rang inside the cave as blood oozed out from his torn body. Elaena leaned her back to the cave and exhaled a sigh.

"Finally, this bastard is dead." Elaena muttered, Daemon then tilted his head slightly to the side to which Elaena understood and straightened up.

Both of them were covered in blood from head to toe but none of them mind and rather ignore the dried blood as they went outside the cave. Daemon walking and Elaena trailing behind him. As Daemon dragged the upper half of Drahar's body into the battlefield, signaling that the war was won.

Back to the camp, everyone was celebrating as Daemon and Elaena went into their own tents to take a bath and clean themselves. Elaena was putting on her clothes when Daemon went inside, helped Elaena get dressed and tied her hair just like what he always did back when Elaena was still a child until now.

Elaena then looked Daemon in his eyes through his reflection in the mirror as he said something to her.

"You want me to cut your hair?" Elaena questioned, raising her eyebrow.

"For a change." Daemon simply replied while playing with Elaena's hair.

Elaena laughed while Daemon smiled, he loves hearing his daughter's laugh and most of all seeing her smile.

"Sure, Daemon, for some change." Elaena mocked, Daemon clicked his tongue.

"I do not jest about you cutting my hair, wildfire." Daemon spoke.

Elaena nodded her head, stood up and let Daemon sit where she was a while ago.

"I know, but don't blame me if you'll end up with none of it." Elaena replied.

Daemon smirked, "I trust you enough not to let me go bald, wildfire." He added.

Elaena heaved a sigh, took out her dagger and began cutting out his hair. Poking the inside of her cheeks with her tongue, Elaena eventually and successfully managed to cut his hair, styling it and brushing it back.

"Are you trying to take more girls?" Elaena teased as Daemon laughed.

Daemon grasped her hand that rested on his shoulder and kissed the back of her hand.

"Thank you, wildfire." Daemon muttered.

"Thank you for not making you bald or making you more handsome?" Elaena questioned.

Daemon chuckled, "Both." He answered and stood up, "Come, a celebration is going to happen outside." He added to which Elaena laughed and followed Daemon outside.

Truth be told, a celebration happened, everyone drank some wine and even crowned Daemon as King of the Narrow Sea and Elaena as Princess of the Narrow Sea with each having their own unusual-looking crown consisting of gnarled driftwood that's been twisted into a headpiece.

On their way back to King's Landing, Caraxes let out a roar and Elaena laughed loudly as the dragon passed by a ship. Elaena was feeling the wind, the freedom every time she was riding Caraxes. Smiling as they landed on the Dragonpit, Daemon went down first and offered his hand, Elaena placed hers and swiftly dismounted the dragon. Caraxes rumbled as Dragonkeepers took care of him.

"How do you think he will take it?" Elaena asked, Daemon fixed her crown and smiled.

"Let's see." Daemon answered, Elaena chuckled and together they walked towards Red Keep.

Daemon and Elaena are received by the court in the Great Hall. Elaena walked behind him as he confidently strode among the people while holding a hammer in his hands. As they walked in the center, murmurs and whispers rang through their ears to which they ignored, they continued walking with their heads held high and only stopping as the tip of the sword of the Kingsguard touched Daemon's armor. Elaena leaned her weight to her right feet and placed her hand on the hilt of her dagger.

"Add it to the chair." He said, dropped the hammer at the Iron Throne and took a step back.

"You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself 'King'?" Viserys questioned.

"Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named me 'King of the Narrow Sea'. And Elaena 'Princess of the Narrow Sea'. But we know that there is only one true king, Your Grace." Daemon replied.

As Daemon kneeled down, Elaena followed and took off her crown.

"Our crown and the Stepstones... are yours." Daemon spoke.

"Where is Lord Corlys?" Viserys asked, looking behind them.

"He sailed home to Driftmark." Daemon answered.

"Who holds the Stepstones?" Viserys questioned.

"The tides... the crabs, and 2,000 dead Triarchy corsairs, staked to the sand to warn those who might follow." Daemon replied.

Viserys then approached the two and took their crowns, examined and gave it to Ser Harrold who received it. A moment of silence passed by before Viserys ordered Daemon and Elaena to rise to which they both obliged. Daemon slowly approached Viserys and placed his head on his shoulders. Everyone clapped while Elaena smiled, she knew how Daemon loves his older brother very well and him placing his head on his shoulders screams how he greatly cares for his brother. Viserys patted Daemon's shoulder, Daemon then straightened up.

"The realm owes you a great debt, brother." Viserys paused and averted his eyes to Elaena, "Elaena." As soon as she heard her name, she looked at him and saw how Viserys' eyes scream how he missed her.

For Viserys, Elaena was like his second daughter that he greatly cares for. Elaena bowed her head, ever since Aemma died, she couldn't look Viserys in his eyes for she could not forget what he did to her. She lost her second mother and he blames Viserys for her death. As Viserys noticed this, his gaze saddened and forced a smile on his lips.

"Come." Viserys stated, dragging Daemon along with him.

Elaena was trailing behind them when someone snaked her arms to hers, smiling as she smelt the familiar scent of Rhaenyra.

"I missed you, Elaena." Rhaenyra mumbled.

"I missed you too, Nyra. How are you?" Elaena asked.

"I just came back from the tour." Rhaenyra answered.

Elaena hummed and furrowed her eyebrows, "Tour from what?" She questioned.

"After rejecting Lannister's marriage proposal..."

"Jason Lannister?" Elaena asked, interrupting Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra nodded her head, "Father arranged a tour for me to choose who I marry. But none got my attention, really. Men older than my father, even proclaiming meeting my great-grandmother and child keeps presenting themselves." She started to which Elaena laughed.

"So, you ended the tour earlier because none of them is worthy enough of you, right?" Elaena asked, raising her eyebrow.

Rhaenyra heaved a sigh, "I don't want to get married." She stated as they arrived in her chambers.

Rhaenyra began undressing herself in front of Elaena, the latter didn't mind as she'd seen countless men and women naked. And also, Rhaenyra got comfortable changing her clothes only in front of Elaena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 725 15
Eddard 'Ned' Stark and Rhaenyra Targaryen He's ice and she's fire 2 complete opposites yet destined to be together How will the 2 make it through the...
219K 5.5K 84
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 1 Good to know: This is the first thing I ever write and publish, that is, I "practice" my writing on this story. So if you notice some erro...
23.7K 434 13
After Laenor loses Joffrey at his wedding with Rhaenyra! Laenor vows to the Faith Of The Seven that only the two most powerful houses will have acces...
109K 4K 47
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...