The Bully Turned Boss

By crystalmallow

There was no single soul in this town or next to it, or another next to it wanted to hire me. Why? Because... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author note

Chapter 13

21.5K 574 361
By crystalmallow

Rosaline Gray POV

*11 years ago*

New tendrils of fear grip my insides as I pick up my speed of walking through the halls of school.

My heart is sensing the danger even though I did nothing wrong. It's because nothing good happens when the devil is mad.

Everything feels heightened, the intensity of raw fear is deadening my mind and soul.

Because I know he won't be this silent, after what happened in the party. He must be biding the right time to attack me, to bully me.

What if....

" Are you in a hurry for something, little piglet? "

A strong shudder rips through my spine making me stumble. It's the devil's voice.

He's here.

The devil is here.

My breath halts and my legs weaken as my eyes land on Kyng Wolff. He blocks my view as he towers over me.

I try to run to the other side but he blocks me again by cornering me to the edge.

" Woah, little piglet. Calm down. Why in such a hurry?" His chuckle is evil and humourless.

Kyng brings his grim face, dead close to mine, rattling me.

" Is it perhaps....you want to go play with that Jeremy again? Hmm? How desperate are you? " His menacing voice blared out viciously.

A sob crawls at the edge of my throat as I press my back on the wall.

" B-Back off Wolff, y-you are blocking my w-way." My voice shook but he didn't budge an inch.

The look on his face, awfully rancorous and malefic.

" You stopped visiting my mansion, Rose." Kyng's deadly calm tone is rattling me to the bones. His grim tenor, scarier than any.

" Your father alone visits our mansion for work but I don't see you come along. Do you know how much I waited for you to show up?"

He waited for me?

I thought he hated my presence whenever I visited his house.

" And when I asked your father where you were these days....guess what he said, little piglet? " His eyes darken with malice, turning them almost heinously black.

I can feel the blood drain off my face, my lungs giving up on me. Dread whips my insides. No.

" The traitorous little piglet is following someone else, visiting someone else than me. " Kyng hissed malevolently, gripping my arm.

" My little piglet prefers someone else than me." His shadow casts on my face like a Grim Reaper, ready to rip my soul.

His menacing, undivided dark attention on me. I try to pry his hand off my arm but his grip stays steel and hurting.

" Did I mention...I don't like sharing what's mine, little piglet? " His voice is death chilling and monotone.

His voice, detrimental to me and my future.

" I hate it when somebody touches what belongs to me. I especially f***ing hate it...when my little pet lets them touch what should be only mine."

Pet...?

Despite my instinct screams at me to run away, I'm unable to run because any sudden movement will probably provoke him for a challenge.

And Kyng is a murderous bull, there's no stop to him until he gets what he wants. His endgame is always a life or death kind of situation.

I don't want to die already...

" I-I was wrong. I shouldn't have shown up. I-I thought I-I hid well but I d-don't know how Evelyn f-found me. I'm s-sorry, it won't happen a-again. " I say through my sobs.

I don't know what exactly I'm apologising for. I did no wrong but he is always pissed with everything. Pissed with my existence.

I really shouldn't have shown up there.

How many times I have implored my father not to bring me along with him to his business parties, especially parties happening in the devil's house. But my father does it anyway.

I can't help it because I was his only family to show others as his after all. I sometimes pity him so I give it in.

But I hate to face this particular person again and again. He's a bad boy. A psychopath.

He's the reason I have no friends in school or anywhere to play with. He hates me and hurts me if I'm seen with anyone.

I should've really avoided them.

" Please let me go, Wolff. I-I swear it won't happen again. I'll stay away from everyone like you wanted." I cry out struggling against his grip.

" Lie. You're lying, little piglet. " Kyng drawls hoarsely, his angry chuckle averse and unhallowed.

" You like him. I bet if I leave your hand right now you'll go running back to him. Just like how that day, you ran towards him instead of me. Just like how you chose him over me. "

Kyng's jaw ticked, his eyes venturous, dripping with threatening menace.

" You were supposed to stay with me, in my mansion that day. But you f***ing chose him, you went with him to his house instead of staying in mine. It hurt, Rose."

" It f***ing kills me. What did you see in that f***er you immediately became an obedient silly mutt for him? "

The visceral ferocity he held in his abrasive voice expands panic and dread across my lungs.

I can't breathe.

" Ah, is it because of what he told you? That he'll tell on us to our parents. Act all big, powerful brother by beating us up? Stop us from bullying you? " Kyng drawls in a mocking tone looming over me, letting out a dark chuckle.

" I mean....do you really think the buffoonery behaviour of his will scare me, keep me away from you, Rosaline Gray? "

" F***, that f***er is not even blood related to you. What is his problem? Does he like you or something. Should I just break his legs then.... regardless of he's Evelyn's brother? He won't be able to get up for life long. "

God...he's a psycho.

" No. Wolff, please. It's not like what you think. I was at fault for being there. It's not their fault. I-I don't like him. I won't play with him anymore. Please. " I hold his hand imploring him against my will.

Because I know the consequences are nightmare inducing when he's mad.

He has even hurt my father because of me and made it look like an accident. Yes, he has that evil power.

He'll make it seem like the opposite person is at fault, not the other way around.

" I'm sorry..." Tears flowed down my eyes, struggling to hold his hand. Ashamed of myself for showing him my weak side. Again and again.

I don't want him to hurt anyone because of me.

" You're sorry? Sorry for what? Falling for him and causing all this mess? " He grits his teeth, getting very mad.

I shake my head, wiping my tears off. " N-no. I'm sorry for defying you. Going against you. You're mistaking me, Wolff. I-I don't like him. I won't play with him anymore. Please just let me go. "

" I will do my best to stay invisible. You won't hear from me anymore." I speak through my sobs.

" Please, Wolff. Let me go. "

" Shhhh...Shut up! Stop crying already. Why do you have to be annoying all the time?" He hissed at me closing my mouth, muffling the sound like that in a horror movie.

" How do you manage to cry so much when you're with me? You were so brave back that day, beside him. " Kyng grits his teeth, his grip hurting me.

" But look at you now, all crying and weeping. I hate using this method but you keep pushing me to do this. This is all your fault Rose. " Kyng growls at me.

I hung my head low, closing my eyes, preventing a sob from escaping. My blood boils that I can't do anything to hurt him the way he is hurting me.

Only if he wasn't the only son of my father's boss....

Kyng suddenly lifts me up in the air, making me yelp. He sits me on the slab and locks my thighs with his strong ones.

" Shh...stop crying, now. If you stop crying I'll give you something, little piglet." Kyng smiles eerily, giving me creeps. " Do you want to know what I've brought for you? "

I try to maintain a distance, scared to the core but the grip of his thigh on mine is strong and unnerving.

He pulled something from his bag and my mouth hung open as I gape at it.

Barbie doll. An expensive and fancy one.

Is this for me?

He never gave me anything but pain and tears. What was his game now?

" How's it? Do you like the colour? Or do you want any other? " He shakes the box in front of me.

I stare at him dumbfounded. I'm scared because I can't figure out his next attack.

" I asked, Do you like the colour? '' He drawls in a threatening voice. I quickly nod in fear.

" Take it. It's all yours now. " Kyng hands over the box to me. I shake my head, closing my fist, refusing to take it.

" N-no. It's okay...I'm good without it." I don't want anything from a devil like him. He's a psychopath.

" I Said. Take. It. " He hissed malevolently, making me hunch in fear. I quickly grab the box from him pulling it to my chest, completely scared.

He's scary...

I steal a glance at the brand new box, it's really an expensive one. So expensive I don't think my dad would have agreed to buy these particular ones because of its price.

Kyng smirks, his full lips stretching in satisfaction. He leans closer to me.

" How's it? Do you like it? I know it's your favourite toy." He fires questions as he twirls a strand of my hair with his finger.

I'm scared he'll hurt me or rip the hair out of my skull, if I say something wrong.

" I-I like it, it's beautiful. " I shutter, my body trembling under his powerful presence, still trying to figure out his next attack.

I flinch involuntarily as he leaves my hair strands and cups my cheeks instead.

" Really? Then say... ' Thank you so much Kyng. I'll play with it very well.' Say it."

What?

" Come on say it, I want to hear it. With my name."

Blood drains off my face as his words hit me.

K-Kyng...?

Is he telling me to say his....

" NO! " I drop the barbie doll in horror.

" I don't want your barbie doll. Please take it back! " I let out a sob. My fingers can't stop trembling for what he had said.

Call him by his name? Is this one of his mind games?

Kyng's eyes turn murderous, making my blood run cold. He suddenly grabs me by my arm, hurting me.

" No...? Why? You were so cheerful while calling his name, others' names. Smiling and goofing like a stupid, f***ing fool. Why can't I get it too? "

This boy is insane....

He was the one who taught me not to call him by his name because I'm from a lower family.

Rich ones never befriends a lower family.

Is he mad I called his friends by their name that day? But Jeremy insisted all by himself.

" Try it. Say my name, come on." He sneers at me. A sob escapes from as I try to push his bruising grip.

" No. I-I'm sorry. I crossed the line that day. It won't happen again. Let me go, please." I push his chest wriggling from the slab, crying.

" I don't want your f***ing sorry! I just want to hear my name, Rose. Can't you just do that for me? You're not being fair. " Kyng scorns in derision, his grip getting tight.

" You have visited my mansion many times before, ate and played a lot with my mother. But you are stopping everything all of a sudden now...What's so special about him? "

" Is it because of how he lured you? He'll give you toys and will play with you? Let you call him by his name? " Kyng frowns, gritting his teeth.

" Fine. I'll also buy a lot of toys and sweets for you from now on, Rose. So why don't you just stay with me and play with me more instead of him? Hmm? Call me by my name too. Whatever you want, Rose."

What is he talking about?

Did he hit his head somewhere?

" No. I won't. Please let me go." I whine struggling to remove his monstrous grip on mine.

" Why? You called everyone by their name in front of me in his presence. Why is it so wrong when I ask it too? Why are you not being fair?"

Fair...?

The nerves of him...

" You're the one who has never been fair!" I shout at him, hitting his chest.

"Do you not remember the previous years, what all you did? Every time I said your name, even by mistake? I had many nightmares and phobias because of you. Now you tell me to call your name and say I'm not being fair? Is this kind of joke? "

"What do you want exactly from me? I do everything you said. I have no friends, no one to play with. Now you're trying to take away my happiness with Jeremy too. "

" Yes, he's lot better than you. I rather be with him than you. At least he lets me be myself. Lets me to make friends, be with Evelyn. He is kind to me and treats me a lot better than you. Deal with it, you prick! " I yell at him with my top of my lungs, huffing and puffing.

But I regret it as I see a bizarre aura surrounds him like a thick fog. A suffocating, impenetrable black fog.

Kyng's eyebrows twitch as he gives me nerve-racking glare like I have killed his puppy or something. The nerves on his temple bulging.

I'm going to die today.

Adrenaline pumps high through me as he takes a step closer to me.

But before he yanks me by my arm I swing the barbie box straight on his face.

" F***! " Kyng shouts as a sharp edge of the box scratches his face. A thin line of blood oozes out.

Oh lord.

I drop the barbie box in horror. What...What do I do now?

Shit! Run Rosy! Run!

I push him hard and start running down the hall like my life depends on it. I don't even dare to look back as I run. I bet he's running after me.

He's going to kill me.

I get down many stairs desperately, despite my legs threatening to give out. My lungs balk against my chest with scarcity of oxygen.

I hear the sound of angry steps from above, rattling me. Oh no! He's following me.

I pick up my speed successfully getting out of the building. I can't concentrate where I'm going.

Everything feels so hazy.

" Rosy! Here. I'm here. " My eyes falls onto someone who's waving at me from a distance.

My father.

" Papa! " I scream as I run towards him.

" Oh my, looks like my daughter is very excited to see her papa." He lifts me up in his arms, cuddling me.

" Papa, let's go. Let's get out of here. Fast." I implore him, scanning around. But I don't see any sign of Kyng.

Did he stop following me?

" Woah, Calm down, kid. What happened? "

" Let's go, Papa. Please."

" Okay okay. Fine. Whatever my pretty Rosy wishes. " My father chuckles, walking towards the parked scooter.

" But why are your eyes watery and red? Did you get hurt or something? Or did you get into a fight? " Papa rubs my eyes with his thumb, worried.

" I-"

" Oh....you're here too, Ronan Gray?" A sudden murderous voice booms, making me shudder. I turn back.

My face goes pale as my field of vision lands on him. Kyng Wolff.

He's here again.

Kyng is looking at my father with an amused face. The crazy look the serial killer gives on his next victim.

" What a pleasant surprise..." His lips stretch into a frightening smirk, rattling me.

" Young master...? " My father pauses and he awkwardly puts me down. "Nice to meet you. I hope everything's going well."

Kyng doesn't respond to my father, his sardonic gaze solely on mine. He's going to kill me, isn't he?

How could I foolishly put myself into this situation? I should have known nothing good would come out whenever Kyng is involved.

" Oh my, what's this....blood? You're bleeding on your face. Are you alright? " My father gasps.

Kyng touches his face, a drop of blood smearing his finger. His eyes widen with a psychotic intensity as he sees the blood.

" Haha...hahaha...ah, it's driving me crazy." Kyng lets out maniacal chuckles as he stares at the blood.

His treacherous, angry eyes then falling onto me, his jaw ticking. My stomach sinks in dread.

My body is trembling like a leaf, each breath I take passing like a sharp machete cutting through my raw organs.

I'm going to die today...

Kyng hasn't made a single move, yet I can already feel like he's choking me, his derisive self having physical and psychological advantage over me.

His lips stretch wide, his smirk devious and sadistic, because he knows how much he's affecting me.

This sick bastard is enjoying my suffering, seeing me miserable.

" Y-Young master..?" My father asked him, confused. But his eyes are still trained on me.

" It's nothing, Gray. I wanted to befriend a wild kitten on my way. But it just....scratched me and ran away? " Kyng glares at me, chuckling.

" Is that so. Please be careful. Mrs. Wolff worries a lot about you." My father smiles at him, oblivious of the situation.

Kyng doesn't respond to him, still glaring at me. I cannot even scream or tell everything to my father right now.

I still remember how he had confronted me if I spoke a word about whatever he did to me to anyone, he would hurt me and my father in an unimaginable way.

Moreover it's not like I haven't tried to talk it out to my father. I did. Ignoring his threat that is.

But the consequences following after were nightmarish. He tried to injure my father severely many times in my presence and pretended it was a mistake. An accident.

And my father always let Kyng off even if he was bleeding or was on the verge of death, thinking it as an accidental mistake of a child.

What more he could do, since Kyng was the only child of whom he served for.

I'm forced to say everything is okay, even to my own father. I'm forced to keep my mouth shut. Because Kyng said he will keep doing it again and again if I don't keep my mouth sealed.

Because he likes to keep his record and reputation clean. Make everyone believe he's a good boy.

Only I know how much of a monster he is. He's a manipulative, wicked boy.

Kyng is watching me in an uncanny way, trying to intimidate me. He doesn't waver nor does he attempt to reach me.

Kyng is completely still for a couple of seconds, until he opens his evil mouth.

" I have a favour to ask, Ranon Gray. Will you do it for me?" He smiles at my father. It's kind of creepy.

" Uh? From me? Y-Yes. What is it ?" Father asked him flustered.

" I want to take Rosaline with me to my home. In fact, from now onwards I want to take her home daily, after school. Will you allow that for me? "

What!?

I gape at him in horror.

" No. I don't want to go with a punk like you! " I yell at him.

" Rosaline! Don't talk to young master like that! He's older than you, where are your manners. " Father hits my shoulder and bows Kyng as an apology.

It infuriates me more.

" Then what about you! You call him young master, bow to him even though you are the elder one. It's not fair! Let's just go from here, papa. "

" Rosaline! It's because they are-"

" She's right, Uncle Gray. " Kyng interrupts my father.

Uncle. Gray.? Uncle...

He must be a chameleon. Look at how he is shamelessly changing his colours according to the situations.

" Please call me Kyng, Uncle Gray. I have even told her to call me Kyng many times. Haven't I? " Kyng pouts, acting pitiful.

" Come on, call me Kyng, little Rose. I want to hear it." Kyng smiles, pretending to be innocent.

My father tenses, dumbfounded. He grips my hand tightly, like he's finally understanding the situation.

Because there's no way Kyng ever lets a lower family call him by his name. My father hesitates a little.

" Young master...D-Did my child do anything wrong? If she-"

" No. It's not what you think, Uncle Gray. She's really a well behaved kid. You see, my mother loves her very much and worries about her a lot. "

" I just thought it would be great if Rosaline accompanied my mother, time to time and make our house more lively with her footsteps and giggles. My mother is getting bored and lonely now these days."

" Since little Rose doesn't have a mother, it would be calming for her too. You don't have to worry, I'll pick her up and drop her home safely. " He grins with a fake smile plastered on his face.

I stare at him dumbfounded. The nerves of him.

" I'm not going anywhere with you! How many times do I have to tell you to understand that? " I shout at him, fuming.

But he just ignores me, his demonic eyes solely on my father.

" Uncle Gray, I forgot to tell you...I have talked to my father about sponsoring Rosaline's further education too. If you permit me, I will be taking care of everything for her."

" What? " My father's mouth opens wide, shocked.

" Yes, Ronan Gray. I have hired a reputed private tutor recently. It will be great if Rosaline joins me too. She will catch up with school with good grades in no time. I insist you leave her under my care. I will really...take good care of her."

A sudden chill breaks through my spine. His brutish eyes say something else.

" Oh my, you are really being too kind, young master. My daughter is truly blessed. " My father cries out in happiness.

" I was really worried about her since she has no one but me. If something happens to me, there's no one to take care of her. "

My father looks at me with a sad smile, tears forming at the edge of his eyes as he pats my hair softly.

" It's a God's grace that she has a blessing to stay under the shadows of big people like the Wolff family, to follow in your footsteps. What else could a father dream of. I'm really grateful to you." My father bows at him repeatedly.

I clench my fist, anger bursting from inside out.

" Blessing? What blessings, it's a curse! A curse of a devil, Papa. It would be better if you and I don't involve with rich people like them. I'm doing very fine without anything." I blurt out but only to get another hit on my shoulder by my father.

" Rosaline! What's with this behaviour! Do you know how many die to get this opportunity? It's from none other than the Wolff family. I trust them with my whole heart. Apologize to the young master, right now."

" I'm not apologising to him! "

" Rosaline-"

" It's fine, Uncle Gray. Our little Rose is just a child anyway. It's natural for her to be like this." Kyng drawls with a smirk.

You are no adult either! You punk!

" I'm sorry, young master. She usually doesn't behave like this. Please don't take it to heart."

" It's fine, Uncle. She's adorable. She reminds me a lot of....my previous pet I had. Cute and small but very aggressive. Very annoying. I really loved my pet a lot...I wonder how it died. Was I too harsh on training it? "

What...?

" But don't you worry, I will take really, really good care of this pet, I mean our cute Rosy. I will teach her and train her very well. She will surely raise your name, Ronan Gray."

My face goes pale at his words. Call it intuition or instinct, I can already feel the lurking threat in his deceptive calm voice.

He's watching my trembling self with pure sadism. The energy radiating off him, downright malefic.

" Now, if you permit me, I will take my Rosie home, Uncle Gray. " Kyng fakes a smile in front of my father, only I know what he hides in that terrifying smile of his.

" Yes. Yes. Please." Father pushes me towards Kyng before I'm aware of it.

I lose my balance and fall straight onto Kyng, slamming my face onto his chest. He too wastes no time in grabbing me, he grab holds me tightly in his embrace.

" What the hell. Let go! Papa, please I don't want to go with him! " I revolt against his embrace but my breath goes shallow as I see two men in black suits approach us from afar.

" Looks like little Rose is not happy with the decision. Are you disagreeing to come along, Rose?" Kyng whispers diabolically as I watch two men of his, shadowing my father like a Grim Reaper from behind.

My body starts to tremble vigorously at the sight. They're going to hurt my father.

" If you don't like then w-"

" I'll come. I'll come to your house, Kyng. " I blurt out, tears threatening to fall, but I swallow it in quickly.

" Good choice, little Rose. You're learning. " Kyng chuckles as he hooks his fingers with mine.

My father looks at me and Kyng with adoration, oblivious. Kyng nods at my father one last time and pulls me with him.

" Let's go, Rose. You have a lot to learn from now on." He chuckles diabolically as he drags me along.
.
.
.
.

* PRESENT DAY*

*Craaashhh*

A screams tears through Mrs Williams as the glass swung towards her shatters into million pieces, almost killing her.

I close my mouth in horror, trembling vigorously. I think I'm going to puke any moment now. I can't take it anymore.

The director of Reed Design is here.

He looks very angry and murderous. He's almost twice the size of Mrs Williams and me.

" What have you done, you dumb b*tch! Because of your pathetic greed and mistakes my company is at stake now! " Mr Reed yelled at Mrs Williams.

" Do you know by your stupid act whom I have to face now? Did I not warn you that they are not any ordinary clients! Be careful of what you do!?"

" That also you have got caught by none other than Kyng Wolff himself. That mad dog of industries.... what if he ruins me too, just like how he does to many other companies. " Mr Reed holds his head, panicking.

" No, there's no what ifs...he'll definitely ruin me. He seemed very angry when he called me. I'm doomed. What do I do now? " He paces here and there, tensed. More like he's traumatised.

More tears form my eyes, the persistent guilt feeling in me clawing against my chest, eating me from inside out.

This is all because of me....

I was the one who walked into a self imposed road of destruction and unknowingly pulled everyone in too.

I was the one who was desperate to save my only job. Desperate for the living, for the food and earnings. For my brother.

I acted selfishly even though I had a chance to run away. I should've ran away. Then none of them would have to face this.

It's all my fault.

" Mr. Reed, please have mercy. I think Mr Kyng has some misunderstandings, it's really all my works. The Ritz Carlton and other projects are originally done by me. Please belive me, Mr Reed." Mrs Williams implores him crying heavily.

This dumb woman...she really had to open her mouth now?

*Craaashhh*

Another glass is swung towards her but this time hitting her straight on head drawing a lot of blood.

A loud gasp escapes my mouth, a violent shudder ripping through my body. He just threw it without giving a second thought.

What scares me is that there's not even a single sign of remorse in him. No regret of what he had just done.

Were all rich people this heartless and violent?

If there's one thing I have learnt in my life, it's that the more the power a person hold, the scarier their face is. They are not counted as one of us in normal society.

They have ugliest secrets than anyone can have. They act differently and act almighty because money and influence is what pumps through their blood.

There's no humanity or kindness in people like them.

" Are you saying that Mr Wolff is at fault??? The Kyng Wolff? Do you wish to dig a deeper grave for yourself and then for us too by pointing a finger at him? We will not even have a piece of land to stand on."

" Moreover, he has given me many videos and proofs. Whom are you trying to fool!? " Mr Reed yells at her.

" Please Mr Reed. I can explain. I -"

" God. Just take her away already, it's infuriating. Put all the red ink in her career as possible. She should not get out alive from this. Make sure to make this dumb b*tch suffers severely. Her whole family too. Finish them." Mr Reed sneers, giving orders to others.

What???

" No. Please, Mr Reed! Please don't, my life will be ruined. Please Mr Reed I beg you, have some mercy. " Mr Williams bawled loudly as some bodyguards held her tightly, dragging her out.

My breath shortens, lungs threatening to give up on me, drawing more nausea inducing emotions.

A sheer terror tears through my spine as my old memories hit back in. The memories of my father, his suffering, his sorrows.

They are rising in volume, colliding and mauling at the back of my head until it tears my sanity.

I just witnessed another's life getting ruined.

More tears flowed through my eyes as panic surged through me.

Was it this easy for these tycoons to ruin someone else's life?

" You...it's all because of you too! Mixing with that dumb b*tch and playing along. " He picks up another object to throw at me, I flinch covering my head.

" I suggest you to put that down if you want your head to be well in tact with your body." A voice echoes behind Mr Reed.

I hold my bag tightly with my trembling hands as I lift my head up.

Ryan Reed who had been present in the office from the very beginning, finally gets up from the sofa lazily, smirking.

" She's Kyng Wolff's property. If it were me, I wouldn't do that." He looks at me with manic interest.

" What? " Mr Reed jaws drop to the floor as he glares at me with curiosity. " What are you talking about?"

" She's the one, Dad. The primordial root of this whole ruckus. Ah, it's really entertaining. " Ryan chuckles, his eyes dilating like a dog that has finally got his favourite bone to chew on.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

" If you are done, you can go rest, Dad. I'll take it from here. Don't worry, I will make everything right. Kyng Wolff is a very close friend of mine, so I'll try talking to him. Hmm?" Ryan Reed smiles at his dad.

So Ryan Reed is one of that devil's acquaintances. He looks like a walking threat to me.

I wonder if he knew me from the very beginning and was the one who helped the devil to lay a perfect bait.

Because he doesn't look even a bit tensed or agitated that his company is on fire.

He's way too calm and confident unlike his father.

" Tsk. Youngsters now these days...when will you two lads stop messing around. " Mr Reed scoffs glaring at Mr Ryan.

" Don't know what you and that Kyng are playing at, make everything right. If this matter falls into Mr Dylan Wolff's ears, God help us all, it'll be our end."

" Ah, I think I'll die early because of this troublesome son of mine. How many times have I told you not to get involved with Wolffs and their matters. When do you listen to me? "

Mr Reed holds his heart like it hurts, giving death stare at his son as he walks away. Ryan cheekily smiles at his father, least bothered by his stares.

But then his smiles soon drop at a lightning speed when we are left alone in the room.

I feel like all the sucked out in the room, dread whipping my insides. He's just as tall as Kyng.

Just like a predator, he slowly walks towards the desk. His vulturous gaze directed on me.

" I hope you know the situation you are in now, Miss Rosaline Perez. Oh shit...'Gray'." Ryan smirks as he leans on the table.

I'm going to get blacklisted by Reed Design too, isn't it? That's what Kyng Wolff wants.

He wants to see me mentally and emotionally drained out once again. He wants to see the same destructive loop that had been following me for years, choke hold of me once again.

Until there's no way out but to fall onto his feet.

What am I going to do now...

" You have really put us and our company in a critical situation by your act, Miss Gray. What should we do with you? Should I put red ink in your career too? "

" It will be a living hell for you. Me and Kyng almost cover the whole industries all across the world. There will be no single person on earth who will ever hire you, Miss Rosaline. " Mr Ryan pouts as he twirls the pen with his finger.

" No hiring, no proper money. Neck deep full of debt. You cannot run away again because he has his eyes on you now. If you decide to die...the debt will be automatically passed onto your dear brother who is still budding innocently in this cruel world. Ah, it's too heartbreaking."

" Do that child have to face all this at a very young age, Miss Rosaline? What is he, 9 or 10 years old? "

My fingers tremble, tears streaming continuously. His words shooting straight to my soul, spiralling me deep down to the abyss.

How did I end up like this?

" But you see...I'm not a bad bad person, Miss Gray. I pity you. " He holds his chest, sighing deeply.

" Moreover, it would be a loss for me to sacrifice such a great talent like yours. So just do what you have been doing till now for your sake and my sake. "

What?

" Excuse me...?" I asked him confused. Is he not going to fire me and blacklist me?

" You've been designing previous projects outstandingly, Miss Rosaline. We got a lot of profits and name because of you. So I suggest you to continue Wolff's project as usual, but this time officially as an interior designer of Reed Design. "

My heartbeat almost halts, I blink my eyes not believing what he was saying.

" I'm promoting you from a normal clerk to one of our permanent interior designers. Everybody likes your design and style, so keep doing whatever you have been doing till now. "

Interior designer...?

As in Reed Design's interior designer?

" For the loss you have done to the company, you can at least compensate me this much by agreeing to my condition. Moreover Mr Kyng has already signed the project with us, it would be hectic to break it now. So please take the lead and complete it."

What?

I have to take the lead of Kyng's resort project?

That means I have to stay with that devil Kyng in the same resort till the project finishes?

" What are you thinking, Miss Rosaline? Isn't this better to have something than nothing. No one would do this much I'm doing for you. If you don't want to, I'll gladly process the blacklisting."

Blacklisting....

He's right, I can't do anything if I'm blacklisted everywhere.

" No. I'll do it, Mr Ryan. I'll do it. " I blurt out more quickly than I expected. Mr Ryan grins widely.

" Perfect! Here sign it. Who knows when you'll run away. " Mr Ryan hands me the contract paper.

It's the official contract of employment of The Reed Design. He wasn't kidding or pulling a prank on me. He was really going to make me the official interior designer of The Reed Design.

" Come on, sign it. What are you waiting for? " Mr Ryan drawls, insisting on me but why do I feel like I'm digging a grave for myself, signing a death certificate for myself.

But then...wasn't this better than getting blacklisted in the whole country?

I sign it with my shaky fingers and hand it out to him.

" Perfect! " Mr Ryan grins widely as he takes the paper.

" Very well, get ready to take off to the resort then. Right now. "

" Right now?" I gape at him.

" Yes, right now. They are waiting outside. "

Who's waiting?

My heart almost leaps out of my throat when five bodyguards in black suits barge in with a thud.

They are Kyng's men.

This was all planned wasn't it?

Throughout the journey, Kyng's bodyguards follow me like a plague. There's no way I can run away or waste time to avoid meeting the devil.

Do I really have to stay 3 months with the devil now? What if it takes more than 3 months...I have a feeling that he's going to renovate all the resorts and villas just to keep me by his side.

What am I going to do now?

When I finally reach the resort, I see a lot of men in jet black suits all over the place like they are guarding something.

No, it's more like Kyng's doing to keep me from escaping again since I have stepped my foot in here now.

Speaking of the devil, I'm standing right in front of his cabin now. I suck a deep breath, gripping my bag.

Even though I pretend to be least bothered, I'm trembling inside.

Damn it.

Damn. it. How does he manage to rattle me in every possible way.

" You can go in now, Miss Gray." A lady informs me and opens the door. More like she's opening a way straight to the coffin.

My chest inflates when my eyes fall onto the person whom I wanted to avoid the most.

Kyng Astor Wolff.

He lets out a whirl of smoke of his cigarette in the air, his head tilted like a psychopath.

His calloused eyes trained on me with pure, raw sadism, putting me in high alert mode.

I flinch when the door is completely closed. I'm all alone now. With him.

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

A/n: Wahooo I thought previous chapter was the largest chapter of TBTB but this chapter 13 crossed with 6.5k+ words.

Moreover thank you for 50k+ views °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°💗♥️💛💜💚💛💙💖🖤💖💚🖤💕💛♥️🧡💙💜💗💚💕🖤💛💗💜. It's means a lot.

Anyway please vote comment and share. Love you all 💜💛🖤💙💖💜💕💗💛💚💜💙💖💞💛💕💜💙🧡💗💜💚💛💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.3K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
628K 19.5K 65
"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠" He saw her one day helping ou...
570K 10.3K 32
DARK ROMANCE| MAFIA ROMANC [Cringe!! Not much of a plot!! Not much smut. ] Damien Grey. He's the son of one of the most powerful mafia leaders. Some...
53.6K 1.1K 24
Well there's always a stereotype that a lil naive girl falling for his hot jock brothers best friend!!! But, I broke all the stereotypes because I fe...