Planning Forever After (Book...

By moudenes

Flowers, invitations, music... a Cinderella carriage or an elephant... Thomas Morgan can arrange every weddin... More

Chapter 1 - Thomas
Chapter 2 - Abigail
Chapter 3 - James
Chapter 4 - William
Chapter 5 - Didier
Chapter 6 - Carter
Chapter 7 - Assistant
Chapter 8 - Buddy
Chapter 9 - Proposal
Chapter 10 - London
Chapter 11 - Lunch
Chapter 12 - Radio
Chapter 13 - Fired
Chapter 14 - Problem
Chapter 15 - Bowling
Chapter 16 - Mail
Chapter 17 - Okay
Chapter 18 - Substitute
Chapter 19 - Lawsuit
Chapter 20 - Coffee
Chapter 21 - Officiant
Chapter 22 - Fifth Date
Chapter 23 - The Groom's Brother
Chapter 24 - Memories
Chapter 25 - Pizza
Chapter 26 - Arcade
Chapter 27 - High Tea
Chapter 28 - Mrs. Caldwell
Chapter 29 - Potluck
Chapter 30 - Performers
Chapter 31 - Secret
Chapter 32 - Breakfast
Chapter 33 - High Tea
Chapter 34 - Ideas
Chapter 35 - Fairgrounds
Chapter 36 - Circus Tent
Chapter 37 - Extra Guests
Chapter 39 - Forever After

Chapter 38 - Odd Guests

118 20 0
By moudenes

CARTER

Just when I thought I couldn't feel happier, this day has broken all records. After the ceremony, we were escorted to the tent where I got dressed to spend a short time in private as husbands. My heart feels as if it will burst from the love I feel for Dennis. I come closer to him while he's busy eating strawberries from a tray with refreshments.

"Hello, husband." I give him a small kiss on his cheek.

"Hello, husband," he repeats and feeds me a piece of fruit. "I'm famished. My stomach was in a knot this morning and could barely eat anything. I'm still overwhelmed by what happened out there. When they say everything happens in a flash, they mean it."

"It was even more beautiful than I imagined. You always had the vision and here we are, finally married."

"I believe we were always married. It took a little longer to hold the ceremony." He smiles and then takes a seat. He looks exhausted.

"Would you like something to drink?" I offer.

"It's hot in this tent. I could go for champagne, but I think cold juice will be better."

"One juice, coming up." I get two glasses and pour juice in them from a carafe. The charcuterie plank is too tempting and I grab a small plate that I top with cheese, crackers and something that looks like a fig dip. "Do you also want a plate?" I ask Dennis and when he doesn't answer me, I turn around.

Dennis stares at nowhere in particular and his mouth moves, but no sound comes out. I've seen this before, so I grab a chair and sit in front of him while I hold his hand. He just said he felt overwhelmed and the stress and emotions of the day were probably a bit too much for him. After a few minutes, he stops moving his mouth and blinks a few times while looking around.

"Welcome back. Did you take your medicine this morning?" I kiss the top of his head and bring back one glass with juice.

"What? Wait..." He looks around the tent. "The wedding..."

"We are at our wedding. You better drink that." I motion with my head to the glass in his hands and he complies.

"Was I out?"

"A few brief minutes. Here, take this." I hand him the plate with snacks I made for myself. "Do you have medicine in your pocket?" I ask, and he nods.

"What if it happens at the reception?" He takes a small pill out of the packaging and swallows it with juice.

"Then it happens and I'll be there for you."

"Your parents are here." He eyes my reaction, and it gives me relief that he's remembering recent details.

"They are, and I still can't believe it."

Thomas come to check on us and I explain what had just happened and that we will need a little extra time. He completely understands and tells us to message him whenever we are ready. Dennis and I talk about how we spent our last day and a half as bachelors. While he visited his family, I relaxed at home and slept until late.

"Got your message," Thomas says from the opening of the tent. "Ready for your entrance?"

I look at Dennis and he nods. We take quick looks in the mirror to make sure we look presentable and don't have crumbs on our clothes. Thomas escorts us towards the entrance of the reception and, as rehearsed, we make our grand entrance and head to the dance floor. People clap so loudly that I can barely hear the song we picked for our first dance, Faithfully, by Journey.

During one of our turns while dancing, I see Dennis' eyebrows shoot up and when I follow his gaze, I see our parents sitting at the same table.

"Holy shit! My mom's being civil," he says and I have trouble holding the laughter.

"Maybe there's something like a Christmas miracle in the summer," I say, and can feel his belly jiggle against mine as he tries to control his laughter as well.

The song ends and we head to our table to greet our parents. Servers walk around with glasses of champagne and we will make a few rounds later to greet our family and friends. A group of little girls talks to a man I don't recognize who probably belongs to Dennis' guests. Their eyes open in wonder when he pulls a coin out of the ear of one of them. They examine his hands after he hands them the coin. He smiles and heads to sit at a table.

"You look very handsome, darling," my mother says, bringing my attention back to them.

"Thank you, Mom. You also look very beautiful. Blue really suits you."

"We are sorry we arrived at the last minute."

"Nonsense. I'm happy you could make it."

"Your father wants to talk with you." She pats Dad's leg and they exchange seats. I wonder what this could be about.

"Son, this is all new for me and I still need some time to process it all, but I want you to know that I'm proud of the man you've become."

Dad and I hug and I'm okay that he still needs to process that I'm gay because I never came out to them. I only hope he eventually understands that the love I feel for Dennis is not different from what he feels for Mom.

After a round of toasts, we welcome our guests and encourage them to enjoy themselves. Trays with delicious appetizers are passed and Dennis and I walk around, greeting everyone. My gaze stops at the bar where the man who did the coin trick is currently shuffling a card deck with just one hand. He then does something I can't see, but I our guests faces show delight in whatever it is.

"Dennis, is that guy your guest?" I hold his arm and direct his gaze to the bar.

"No, I thought he was one of yours. Not long ago he was bending forks without touching them. The women at the singles table were melting, watching him. Wait, if he is not one of our guests... Is he..."

We grin at each other. That man is probably a performer disguised as a wedding guest.

Dennis and I keep the identity of the man to ourselves and continue chatting with everyone. From time to time, we take a break and hit the dance floor. We didn't find a cake cutting ceremony a fit for us, and just enjoy taking a big bite of the cupcakes that Marissa made for us.

"Goodness! I hope there's some left after the party," Dennis says. "I would love having more of these tonight with a nice cup of tea."

"I'm sure something can be-"

A server carrying a tray with flatware and plates trips and takes a tumble, but everything stays in place and he continues walking like nothing happened.

"Did you see that?" I ask Dennis, but he's too busy scooping frosting with a finger to have noticed.

The music changes while I continue to watch the server as he brings the tray to a table. He grabs a bunch of forks I assumed he would place at the sweets buffet, but he juggles them. The guests closest to him point and watch what he's doing and in no time, the rest of the people follow. Once he's grabbed everyone's attention, he stops what he's doing and places the forks neatly back on the tray. The man playing with the card deck at the bar comes up to the server and shows him his empty hands. He closes his fists and blows on them, making glitter fly. When he's done doing that, he opens his mouth and a deck of cards pours out. The waiter moves around the reception, pulling handkerchiefs from the jacket pockets of guests. He throws them in the air and juggles them in a circle. He looks as if he's spotted something or someone and stops his juggling, only to walk towards a woman with a silk handkerchief tied to her neck. He holds her hand and kisses it. The woman stands up, removes her heels and climbs on the table. Her companions look shocked. The woman extends her back leg and brings it up to behind her head. She then bends down and stands in her hands. The server places a centerpiece on her head and she smiles while she contorts her body in many ways without letting the flowers fall. He then grabs a clutch of a female guest and places it on her foot, while the illusionist brings a small stack of dessert plates that he balances on the other.

Our guests clap madly while Dennis and I stand there with our mouths open while watching what could be the most perfect entertainment for an already perfect day. The illusionist walks towards a wall and dismounts a piece of red fabric from the tent decoration. The server takes off the centerpiece and the stacks of plates, then hands the clutch owner her item while sporting a cheeky grin. The woman stands again and grabs the piece of fabric the illusionist gives her and climbs it up effortlessly. When she's at a good height, she wraps the fabric around her waist and legs while the server and the illusionist monitor her every movement. Suddenly, she lets go and rolls down on the fabric and for a moment, I feel as if my heart reached my throat and I can hear a collective gasp around the reception.

"Ladies and gentlemen, a warm applause for the special talents of juggler Micah Oz, illusionist Cole Odom and his sister, acrobat Tara Odom." Didier announces from the DJ booth while they take a bow and the crowd stands up to applaud them.

"That was... I have no words," says Dennis. "Did we have circus acts at our wedding?"

"Part of the theme, no?" I say and he laughs with delight.

We join the performers to thank them for the fantastic show and meet them properly since this is something we didn't know about. Thomas and Didier have very satisfied looks. People approach the performers and ask if they could take selfies with them. I hope someone took video because we were all so glued to the performance that no one seems to have taken a phone out. Afterwards, I see them entertaining the kids by showing them little tricks and Tara even teaches a few girls how to do a handstand.

When Dennis suggested a circus-themed wedding, I had my doubts, but I'm glad we followed his wishes and planned this fun and out-of-the-ordinary wedding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 352 25
Divine Jackson is driven. She's always had people to take care of, and that list barely included herself. So, it was hard making any room for a man...
2.4M 61K 42
"Please, don't do this to me" Rosilla Clifford, is forced to get married at the age of 17. It wasn't fair that she marries her sister's fiancé. Rosi...
198K 8.9K 36
In a world of money, fame, and all the champagne that came with it, Camsy Colbert, the famous wedding planner, was alone. But it was fine; she was to...
12.3K 292 39
There’s something in my bed. It’s softer than my books, but definitely harder than my pillow. It’s soft and warm…and moving?! I am never coming to V...