'Inflamed Passion' A Damon Sa...

By ElleMiglioranza

Inflamed Passion is the 7th book in the series of 'Epic Love Saga' New Years Eve was a wonderful night for Da... More

You Shoot Me Down But I Won't Fall.....
Life Is Like Diamonds In The Sun..... And Diamonds Are Forever.....
There Only Love..... No Bitterness.....
What Are We Fighting For.....
Too Much At Stake.....
Wrapped Up In Lies & Foolish Truths.....
I Take Care Of You.....
Where Are You Now When I Need You.....
Detain The Dangerous.....
Author Note **Important Information**
Beautiful Monster.....
We Got Bad Blood.....
Love Is No Fairytale.....
Don't Try & Fix Me.....
What Are You Going To Do Now?.....
We Used To Have It All.... But Now's Our Curtain Call.....
When I See You Again Part 1.....
When I See You Again Part 2.....
'Say You Love Me' Preview.....

I Pick My Poison And It's You.....

1K 82 57
By ElleMiglioranza

Isabella P.O.V

The party kind of sucked after mom walked out, I guess I was annoyed with the way they were pushing her to tell them what she was going to do, my parents lives wasn't a soap opera so they could sit there and pull out the popcorn. So I excused myself from them and went to check on my mom to see if she was okay, when I walked out she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I looked around the square thinking maybe she was there, but nothing, then I heard her laughter. I looked around I couldn't see her anywhere, but then something caught my eye, there was my parents sitting up high on the clock tower sharing French fires. I couldn't help but smile knowing that they were working through this, and from what I could see things seemed pretty well with them that made me happy. Was I happy about the fact that my dad wants to turn human so he can spend out his life with her? In all honestly, no, because I don't believe that this is how there fairytale ride meant to end. Of course I want them to be happy, of course I want them to live a normal life, but with my mom being who she is I don't see that happening.

That the thing I was the only one who was actually worrying about it, I get that Bonnie told my dad that the only way to get my mom back was to give her the cure. The cure didn't exist, it was taken by someone called Katherine, who apparently was a bitchy version of Elena, I guess what am saying... What if wherever Bonnie got her facts from stating this was a trap, what if it was a way to weaken her so she could finally be killed by the ones who were against everything that dimidium sanguine stood for? Maybe I'm letting my imagination run wild here, maybe everything I'm thinking is true, but what I do know is I need my parents to hold this idea about dad becoming human also. I knew I couldn't interrupt there little moment right now, but I'll just call my mom in the morning, its not like they were planning on doing this without running pass Nico and I.

I didn't bother going back into the grill to tell them I was leaving, I just text Elena to say I was tired and going home. Even driving back to Whitmore my mind was ticking away, part of me thinks if I didn't ask Klaus what would he of done to weaken my mom I wouldn't be like this, but in truth the moment I was told I didn't believe this was her end game. I tried to shake all those thoughts away before I got back to campus, I wasn't sure if he would be there, he did say he had some business to deal with while he was in the area. I arrived and I began to search for my keys through my purse as I approached the door, I could hear music coming from my room, not like party music or anything like that, but relaxing sounds of a of cortex playing, I don't recall leaving my stereo on. I opened the door and I came face to face with Klaus, he stood there in a dim-lit room with smile and a red rose in one hand.

"Hey, I didn't expect you to be here, I thought you had—" I began to look around the room to see it was filled with dozens of candles, and a small table with a bouquet of Roses with bottle of champagne with two glasses. The floor leading to where my bed was across the room, had scattered rose petal, I just stood there speechless as this was the last thing I thought I would walk into. "Did you do all this?" I asked as I looked at him, I knew that from the tone of my voice I didn't seem thrilled by all this, I just never expected him to so something so sweet and romantic.

"I didn't expect that to be your response." He spoke with disappointment in his voice, I place my purse on the chair and approached him, I felt real bad for coming across ungrateful.

"Am sorry, it's beautiful." I wrapped my arms around his neck, a small smile appeared on his face. "So what's with the special treatment?" His eyes were like two rare gems, each time more beautiful with every glance. His touch is like soothing notes, making me feel like a ballerina in every dance. Being with him is like a princess story, charming, elegant and full of romance.

"No particular reason, just being romantic..." He leans into kiss me, but we were interrupted by my cell ringing, I looked at the screen to see it was mom calling.

"Am sorry I really need to get this, it's my mom." Klaus sighs and let's go, while I walked away from him, for my mom to be calling this late something had to be wrong. "Hey mom, is everything okay?" I spoke as I opened the door to go out into the hallway, I know I just killed a really romantic moment, but with the way things are with my mom right now I wanted to be there for her.

"I just wanted you to hear this from me first, but I spoke to your dad about him taking the cure—" I felt my heart stop for a moment as she mention him taking the cure."—and I told him that I can't let him do it, not until he had everyone talk him out of it, even by himself..." I was literally speechless, but I was relived about it that she was making him think about this huge decision and allowing all of us to speak to him beforehand.

"Oh wow, I bet he didn't take that well." I could imagine the look on his face when she told him that, my dad wasn't one to listen to others, he would always jump in head first. This wasn't something that could be reversed and more importantly he needed to hear what Nico and I thought about all this, I certainly have mixed emotions about it, I have no idea how Nico will react to any of this.

"That would be an understatement." She spoke with sorrow in her voice. "Isabella, I don't want him to resent me, because he not doing this because it something his always wanted, he doing for me. I can't have that hanging over my head." She was really opening up to me, I guess I understood why she felt like that, what if they go ahead with this and it's not what my dad expected, would he actually hold it against her? "I'm holding a lot of resentment right now Isabella, do you know how hard it is for me not to go down that basement and stake Natalia for what she did to me." I couldn't have her getting wound up right now, she might go ahead with her threat, the thing is she fragile now if Natalia attacks her she could get hurt or worse dead.

"I think you did the right thing, dad needs to hear everyone out—" I began to say but she cut me off in mid-sentence.

"I know I've been given a second chance in life, and I know I sound ungrateful, but a human life isn't what I wanted..." My mom was literally pouring out her heart to me and I didn't know what I could say to make her feel better. I turned around to see Klaus in the doorway looking at me with widen eyes, I knew that he had heard anything.

"I know mom, we figure something out, just leave it with me." I tried to keep my voice calm so she didn't realize that I was freaking out by the fact he knew what had happened.

"It can't be reversed Isabella, this my life now looks like I only have last train ride...." She sighed, I knew she hated the fact that this had happened to her, if I knew of a way to reversed it all I would. There had to be something out there about it. "Look it's late, I'll see you tomorrow." Before I could say anything else she hung up the phone, I slowly put my phone into my pocket as Klaus stood there looking at me intensely, waiting for me to say something.

"I guess you heard all that?" He folded his arms, and he didn't look impressed, I didn't want him to be mad at me and he had to understand this wasn't something I could just blurt out.

"I have impeccable hearing, now will you explain to me how Siena attained the cure to become human, and what Natalia has to do with it." It looks like this was going to be one long night, maybe talking to him about all this might bring me closer to a way to help my mom.

So I confessed everything to him from beginning to end, from Caroline having me hostage and under the knife forcing my mom to turn it all off, the point where that so called grandmother of mine forced it down her throat. Klaus wasn't saying much which was a lot scarier than him losing his temper, all he did was sit there and listen while nodding his head. With all the talking and telling him how I felt about it all, that I didn't see how this could possibly happen, I eventually fell asleep.

Dream....

The sun beaming into my room was telling me to get up, but I wasn't ready to face the world today, if I had my own way I would stay in bed all day long. I felt like strange sensation come over me like I was scared of something, like something was watching me. I slowly opened my eyes turning my head to the right to see Klaus, but his side of the bed was empty. I sat up and looked around the room and I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Klaus?" I called out as I got up from the bed, I couldn't see anyone but I felt like I was being watched, maybe am being paranoid. I walked over to the fireplace and grabs a poker, only to turn around and see my deranged grandmother standing a foot away from me.

"Hello again, Isabella." She spoke darkly, how the hell was she here? Actually how the hell did she even know where my dorm was?

"I thought dad locked you in the cellar." I was trying so hard to mask my fear but failed epically, she stood there with this sadistic smirk on her face, right now I could really do with my hybrid boyfriend to burst though that doors.

"He did, but prisons are easily escaped—" Wonderful she escaped and she came here to torment me, how much suffering did she want to cause this family? I'm growing to hate her more and more by the minute.

"What do you want?" I didn't understand out of all places she comes here, she turned Nico evil, my mom human, what the hell did she want from me?

"Must I constantly repeat myself? If you don't know what I want by now..." She was still on the bring my vampire doll house back train, hadn't she got it into that thick skull of hers that it's gone, there no way of bringing them back.

"You want your creepy witch-vampire family back. Well, at the risk of repeating myself, there's no way." I smiled, as I tried to push by her, but she grabbed hold of me forcefully, her crazy eyes boring into mine while she held that sadistic smirk.

"Isn't there? What's that term you witches are so fond of? "Loophole?" With you being what you are, maybe a Bennett witch won't be necessary." She was deranged, lost it completely while being locked up, why haven't we killed her yet?

"Hmm. Even if there is a loophole, I won't help you find it. You really think I would help you after—" I began to say as she dangerously began to approach me looking unhinged.

"Oh, you've made your position quite clear. Apparently I failed to do the same, because you seem to think that I'm here for your help." She vamps out, taking me by surprise. "I'm not." I wasn't going to be a next meal nor was I going to be bullied to help her, I raised my hand up.

"Phesmatos incendia." Nothing happens, right now my magic want to go on the fritz? Natalia stood there chuckling, which just pissed me off further.

"Hmm. Those are lovely words, Isabella. Here's another one... die." Natalia vamp-speeds towards me but before she could get close I stabbed her in the stomach with the poker. Natalia gasps in pain, I used that as my opportunity to runs away. I ran out the door and looks back one more time to make she wasn't coming after me, but when I turns back around, I ran straight into someone, I looked up to see that it was Kai, this couldn't be possible...

"Wow, you are not good at running." He spoke in his typical teasing manner, he couldn't be here, he was locked away in the prison world, Bonnie and I made sure of that.

"Motus." Once again I tried to do a spell but nothing happened, what the hell was going on? Kai stood there laughing in amusement.

"No magic? Oh, that's my fault, lover boy left and you looked all lonely, so I thought to be nice and spoon you." The thought of Kai being anywhere near my made my skin literally crawl. "I think I might've sleep-siphoned you. Oh, but keep trying. It's adorable, like you're having a little seizure." He spoke mockingly, I didn't get any of this, and how could it be possible for him to be here...

" --How are you..." I began to say but he was quick to cut me off.

"--Did you think with all your cuteness that you could keep screwing people over, and there wouldn't be any consequences?" He deserved to be there, he was certified psychopath no one knew when this Mr. Nice act was going to end. Not forgetting everything he did to Bonnie leaving her a total wreck he deserved to be there.

"Now..." I heard Natalia voice I quickly turns around to find her standing behind me still vamps-out ready to attack me.

End Of Dream

It was all a dream but really messed up and not a great way to start the day, but believe me my day hasn't gotten any better. Today is meant to be a really happy day, with Jo and Ric getting married, believe me there real tension in the air. With uncle Stefan taking my dad away for the day for some soul searching about this crazy idea about becoming human, then there Jo who a real brideziller. My mom who trying to adjust to being human and not doing well at it, I think I'm missing something... Oh yeah

Flashback—Isabella Dorm Room Earlier

After waking up from my nightmare I was in the safety of Klaus arms, that all it was a stupid nightmare, I allowed my imagination to run wild. Of course waking up jumping a foot off the bed woke him up and that's where the questions came into play, I didn't want him to worry about a lame ass dream, so I distracted him with my charms. It did certainly work but before anything went further I heard the door open.

"Isabella, your mom wants us—" I heard Elena voice, I turned toward the door and there she stood, her face frozen with her jaw hanging open, her face as white a sheet, this wasn't not good.

"Elena—" I began to say as I quickly climb out of bed, thank god I still had my PJ on at this point, another few moments it would have been even more of an awkward moment.

"Why is there a half-naked Klaus in your bed?" She glared over that Klaus and if looks could kill, Klaus would be a burning corps. I didn't know how I was going to explain this to her, it looked pretty obvious what Klaus and I were doing or about to do.

"Elena let me explain—" I began to say but she silenced me by raising her hand, I've never seen Elena angry before, she looked beyond pissed right now.

"Explain? Do you know who he is? Do you know what he's done—" Elena yelled at me which took me by surprise, the next thing I knew Klaus was beside me shirtless and just in a pair of jeans, the look on Elena's face was one of disgust. This wasn't what I needed right now on top of everything else that going on in my life.

"Love I can compel her—" He spoke to me calmly, that when Elena totally lost it, and pushed him away from me, knocking into my dresser, my room was going to turn into a battle zone, just great!

"Oh that's how you fix everything, don't you Klaus." She spoke to him venomously, I never imagine Elena to be so over protective over me, I know she was my aunt, but she always seemed so laid back, what was I doing? I was frozen on the spot thinking what the hell I am going to do. "Are you under compulsion Isabella?" Elena spoke as she place her hand on either side of my face, I wanted to speak but nothing would come out of my mouth, it wasn't a time to become a mute. "God I thought you couldn't go any lower." She snapped at Klaus once again, I could see this getting psychically and that wasn't something I wanted, of course I knew I had to tell them about my relationship with Klaus, but I didn't want it to come out like this.

"I would advise that mind what you're saying." Klaus spoke dangerously, there was no way I was going to allow this to get out of hand, I needed to deal with this like an adult.

"Elena it's not like that." How could I convince Elena that he wasn't that person anymore, that all Klaus has done is treat me like a princess, he made me feel special. She stood there with rage spreading across her face, in that moment she looked like my mom when she's ready to explode.

"Get some clothes on. You and I need to talk. Outside." Elena walked out of the room slamming the door behind her, was I scared to have this talk? Hell yes. I need to convince her that is wasn't what she thinks it is first and then convince her not to go telling to my parents, because after seeing Elena reaction I'm terrified to see there's.

"Isabella—" Klaus spoke as I quickly got changed but I didn't want to speak to him right now, not with him making matters worse.

"Just please be quiet. You didn't help with your compelling her option." I snapped at him, which took him by surprise, I didn't mean to do that, it just right now all I was thinking is that I didn't need this. I just needed to fix it. "Just let me talk to her." He had this look of disappointment as I left the room, I couldn't be worry about him right now, I had to make sure Elena didn't go running to my mom, I know dad was tied up so I didn't have to worry about him.

When I walked out I saw Elena pacing by the benches near south block, my heart felt like it was about to have a heart attack, I knew I had to tell her how this all started. That I wasn't under compulsion, that doesn't even work on me anyway, I just need her to hear me out. Luckily for me she did hear me out she didn't interrupt I think she wanted to understand how I could be with someone who everyone considers a monster. Klaus wasn't that to me, he was sweet, kind, gentle, and in some way he had a lot qualities that reminded me of my dad, not that I would want to date my own dad. It's just I love how he would look at my mom as she was the only girl in his world, how his smile would light up the room as soon as she would walk in. That exactly how Klaus would look at me, there was this strong connection between us, I couldn't change the past with him being with my mom, I can't change all the things that he had done to my family. I don't want to live in the past I want to look to the future, and I did see him being a huge part of that.

"Klaus?" Elena spoke as she sat on the table running her fingers through her hair, this was hard for her to grasp and I understood that. I just literally poured out my heart and soul to her, and I hope she understood what he meant to me.

"Elena, I really like him... I might even be in love with him." It didn't surprised me that those words passed my lips, I guess I knew for a while now that I was in love with him. Just never said it out loud and least of to Klaus, I was too frightened to see his reaction, I didn't want to be the first one to say and his feeling weren't returned.

"But it's Klaus." She really couldn't get it, I know why, with him killing her aunt Jenna, and not forgetting killing her to become a hybrid, he wasn't at the top of Elena Christmas list. I need for her to understand it isn't the man from three years ago.

"I know he's got this terrible reputation, but even Nico—" I began to say but Elena cut me off in mid-sentence.

"Nico knows?" Elena was surprised that my brother knew? Okay if Nico didn't go to New Orleans he would have been in the dark too, but in all honestly I was happy that he knew, and he was happy about it.

"He's my brother, and he seen that Klaus makes me happy, and he accepts that we are together. Like I would really love if you could accept it." Elena covered her face with her hands, she had to understand this wasn't a fling, that what was happening between Klaus and I was something serious. He wasn't using me to gain something, we were together because there was an attraction, that we had this strong bond. I stood there waiting for her to say something but she had been quiet for a few minutes not saying a word to me. "Please say something." I pleaded to her, she moved her hands from her face to look at me, I couldn't judge what she was thinking right now and that worried me.

"Isabella...You know that your mom and—" I knew where Elena was going to go with this so I cut her off.

"Used to date, am totally up to date with everyone past relationships." I knew that was going to be the big issue, in all honestly it was an issue with me at first, but I couldn't control my emotions for what I feel for Klaus. "If you're expecting me to walk away from him, I can't, I'm sorry if that upsets you, but I am in love with him." She sat there nodding while biting on her bottom lip, while I stood there kind of proud of myself, standing up for what I believe, I wouldn't walk away from Klaus even if every member of my family hates the idea of us, it won't stop me from being with him.

"I can't wrap this all around in my mind, you and Klaus..." I knew it was all hard to digest, and its going to be harder for my parents, but that something I want to deal with further down the line. I need to prepare myself for it, Elena reaction will be nothing compared to my dad's and my mom? I really don't know how she will be. "You need to tell your parents—" Elena snapped me out of my thoughts, I knew that what she wanted, but it was about what I wanted not her.

"I will in time." I told her confidently, but she didn't look convinced, did Elena want it written in blood or something?

"You can't keep what you and Klaus hidden forever." She was right I couldn't, but telling them about all this right now with both of them coming to terms with this human situation. To add this on top of that isn't something I wanted to do.

"I can't tell them now, they have so much going on already." Elena gave me a sympathetic look as she got off the table and approached me.

"You say th-that you're in lo-ove with Klaus, then shouldn't they know about the man that you want to be with?" She gave me a small smile before moving the hair from my face, Elena looked conflicted with her thoughts, and of course I wanted to scream on the roof tops that I loved Klaus, but it wasn't as simple as that. "Isabella, I can't hide something this big from your mom, she would hate me forever if she finds out I knew and never told her." I went to open my mouth to speak but Elena got in there first. "You need to tell her today, if you don't I will."

Present

So you understand why this is like the worst day ever now, standing here in my parents' home helping Jo get ready and the tension in the air between Elena and I was intense. What didn't help is that when I went back to my room Klaus was gone and wouldn't answer my calls, so I think I totally screwed thing up with him. So Jo and Ric perfect day might be perfect for them, but for me it was like the worst day ever. On a bright side my mom kind of seems happy, she was smiling a lot more today, with uncle Stefan taking dad on some road trip to do some soul searching or something, I think she felt more at ease. I didn't feel at ease at all when Elena would approach my mom and speak quietly amongst themselves, there was something said between the both of them that shook my mom up. I expected her to be yelling my name, but all she did was nod and left the room, Elena and I shared a look, she shook her head to say it wasn't what I thought it was, which brought relief to me, but concerned me that mom was upset about something.

I was stuck with steaming Jo dress, and putting this stupid steamer together you needed a degree or something. I looked up to see Jo is rushing around the room as she searches for something, she was really stressing out, does every bride act this way? One thing for certain if I was ever to get married there no way I am going to be like that, you're meant to enjoy and embrace the day.

"Crap, they're not here." Jo spoke in frustration as she looked around, my mom entered the room with a bottle of champagne and with a smile on her face, it seems whatever Elena told her didn't faze her as much as I thought.

"What's wrong?" She spoke with worry in her voice, I knew she wanted to make sure this day was perfect for Ric and Jo, she told me once that Ric was like a dad to her, I guess she didn't want anything to go wrong.

"My shoes!" She was freaking out over her shoes? "My gorgeous, ridiculously expensive, wear-them-once-and-then-never-again-shoes. They are missing." She needed to calm down, like getting stressed out over missing shoes isn't the end of the world.

"Do you want me to do a locator spell?" I felt all eyes were on me as this was the first time I had spoken since being here, well I did have like a thousand thought running through my mind right now.

"On my shoes?" Jo spoke with confusion, well I had done it loads of times when I couldn't find something, even on a pair of shoes.

"Mm-hmmm." I spoke as I tried to fit this stupid hoes to the generator, it's a pity I can't magically get the wrinkles out of her dress.

"Is that possible?" I heard Elena ask, I guess she was trying to keep things normal between us, which was good but I was annoyed with her not giving me a choice of when I told my mom about Klaus.

"Just hang on, I got to figure out how to work this stupid thing." I tried to turn to the stupid garment steamer to turn on, and accidentally pulls the hose out. I looked up to see Jo looking alarmed and frustrated as she sighs.

"Oh, good, break it!" She spoke with sarcasm. "Because my wrinkled dress will surely distract everyone from my bare feet." God what did I do to deserve a day like this, it seriously like me against the freaking world. My mom turns to Jo to try and calm her down, better yet maybe I should ask Elena to compel Jo to chill out.

"Hey, hey. Come on. Don't waste all your panic now! You still have eight hours until the ceremony." She offers her a glass of something that looked like orange juice to me. "Non-alcoholic mimosa?" I know Jo was stress but to take it out on all of us wasn't the way to deal with it all.

"One, a non-alcoholic mimosa is just an orange juice. And two, I can't drink. Somebody should drink. You should drink." Jo picks up a glass of champagne and hands it to my mom who just stood there smiling, was all this smiling real? Or was she faking this whole am happy today?

"I will drink, eventually." She places the glass back down and picks up a glass of the non-alcoholic stuff. "But, I have human tolerance now, which is cheaper but a lot less fun." Was she coming to terms with all this? Last night she flat out admitted that she hated being human, then again like she told me it can't be reserved. I watched as they clink their glasses together. "Cheers." They both said in unison, then Jo's cell phone suddenly rings, mom lunges for it to answer it for her. "Oh. oh!" She look at Jo. "Relax." She really did need to do that or she might burst major archery or something, mom answered the call. "Jo's phone. Oh, huh. Okay." My mom took a step away from Jo as she spoke it didn't sound like whoever was calling was giving good news.

"That's not an "okay" okay. That's a "there's a problem" okay." Great this day is a going to be a disaster, maybe my bad luck rubbing on to Jo.

"Yeah, we'll call you back. Bye." My mom hangs up the phone and awkwardly hesitates for a moment before she turns to Jo. "Danielle's got the flu." Jo stood there smiles tightly, I have no idea who Danielle is but am sure the wedding will go ahead just fine without her.

"Huh. It sounded like you just said, "Danielle has the flu," which is impossible, because Danielle is my wedding coordinator." Jo was really trying to keep her composure, maybe all this was a sign that they should postpone the wedding, with her shoes missing, wrinkle dress, and now her wedding coordinator sick, is screaming to say let's move this to another day.

"...Yeah." Mom didn't like to be the bearer of bad new, but what could she do?

"Well, how sick is she? Can she still work?" Jo asked frantically, didn't she hear the part that the girl got the flu, did she really expect her to turn up still?

"...It depends on how much vomit you want to have at the wedding." My mom was trying to add some light humor, but it seems that Jo wasn't in the mood for that. The three of us shared a look while Jo walks away and starts to pace around the room.

"To be honest, I think maybe this is a good thing! Because no matter how good Danielle was, I am pretty sure I'm better." Standing in the doorway was the last person I expected to turn up, and that was Caroline, Elena smiles and rushes over to hug her. My eyes averted over to my mom, who stood there with mixed emotions filling up on her face, I recalled what dad said to Nico about having Caroline around how it would affect mom.

"Caroline, I missed you!" Elena spoke as she hugged her tightly, but my focus was on my mom, I didn't hold any grudge against Caroline even though she tried to kill me. The thing is my brother madly in love with her, she makes him happy, so if I expect everyone to accept Klaus with all the bad things his done, then I can accept Caroline for the one bad thing she's done.

"I missed me, too." They pull away, it was nice to see Caroline smiling and knowing that she was going to bring a huge smile to Nico face. "Thank you for getting me back." Caroline looked over to finally see my mom standing there, full focus went to the both of them. "Siena I jus-" she began to say but my mom cut her off before she could finish speaking.

"Welcome back Caroline." She spoke emotionally, as Caroline stood there stunned by my mom reaction, actually I think every person in the room was surprised, she hugs Caroline, both of them with tears in their eyes, but they pull away after a moment.

"Okay, now, we've got a lot to do and not a lot time to do it. Siena, just have a drink, you're not going to pass out." She did as Caroline asked and went to fix herself a drink. "Isabella, the switch is on the left-hand side on the back." I turned to look at it, there it was this whole time, where the hell is my head at right now.

"Oh!" I turned it on and it started to work fine, now Jo doesn't need to worry about her dress having wrinkles.

"And Jo, I can see your shoes under the couch." She winks at Jo, who sighs in relief. "Okay, now, who's dealing with the boys?" Oh boy I didn't want to think about how they were doing, maybe they were doing better than us. This day had only started and it's been filled with too much unexpected thing, from dreaming about deranged grandmother, to psycho Kai, Elena finding out about Klaus and wanting me to spill to my mom. To what I witness now with my mom being okay with Caroline, maybe telling her might not be as terrible as am imagining.

Siena P.O.V

After speaking to Damon I went to see Stefan and updated him on everything that was going on, to hear that Damon was going to take the cure surprised him. Not as much when I told him that I wanted him to talk Damon out of it, I guess Stefan thought I would be over the moon that Damon want to become human to be with me, well I wasn't because it wasn't for the right reasons. So intervention was placed upon Damon first thing this morning, Stefan was going to show him what a human life with me would be like. I told him to make it as harsh as possible because in the real world it would be different between us, I decided that Stefan would be best to deal with this. Nico and Isabella had been through enough already, and I didn't want to put them in a position like this. So if Stefan can't make Damon realize that becoming human isn't what his heart truly desires, then I think no one can. Like if none of this would have happened, if my parents would have never told me about the adoption. I would have gone to journalism school by now I would be reporting for channel 5 news, like I always dreamed I would, but all those dreams faded away once I walked into this world, and it didn't bother me in the slightest either. Opening up to Stefan he was surprised to hear about this future I had planned out pre-Mystic Falls, I guess I never really told anyone about the life I mapped out for myself from when I was kid, not even Damon. I will never regret the live I have lived over the last three years, yes I know it wasn't a fairytale ride, but it was a ride that I wanted to be on.

So Stefan took Damon as hostage, literally while I had a day to deal with the blushing bride who is far to stressed out, but this day was going to go without a hitch. I didn't want the focus to be on human Siena, and how am dealing with all, I wasn't the one who needed to be in the spotlight today. This day was all about Ric and Jo and I wanted to do everything humanly possible to make sure it went good. Ric meant a great deal to me, I know he was starting this new life with Jo, having a family, it's everything I've ever wanted for him. I will always look to him as a father, he deserved all this and more and Jo is the perfect partner for him. Once the girls all came over it felt like everything was going wrong, Isabella looked like she was in a world of her own, Elena half of the time was on the phone I kind of felt like I was the only one doing the running around. Then I found out the reason behind Elena and her shady phone calls, apparently she had tried to be getting hold of Caroline to make her come to the wedding. I didn't know what to think in that moment, all I responded was oh okay. Did I had bad feeling towards her? No, not really because I played my hand in allowing it to go as far as it did, with her not giving me any option to turn my humanity off I did what I thought was right at the time. No one knew of the consequences, like if I knew turning it off would mean that I could never turn it back on, things would have played out a lot differently. So I hoped that she did come, there was one person who needed her more than his making out and that Nico.

Things were getting bad with Jo missing shoes, Isabella nearly wrecking Jo dress, oh not forgetting the wedding coordinator having the flu. I tried to keep the smile on my face the whole time while trying to defuse Jo in the processes, believe me that was a challenge alone. It was like all our prays were answer as soon as Caroline made her grand entrance, Elena looked so happy to see her while I felt all eyes were on me. I guess they thought I was going to flip out, but that not what I wanted to do, forgiveness is good for the soul my nonno (grandfather) used to tell me, that exactly what I did. While Caroline was getting everything in order I decided to go upstairs to get ready, I looked at my phone to see if I had any calls from Stefan about Damon progress, but nothing. I am hoping that's a good sign rather than a bad, he was bring Damon to some home he had in normal nice neighborhood, to show Damon a slice of reality I guess. I went into the bathroom and started in my makeup, as I was applying my mascara I saw Caroline walk in while she looks at her phone, I hope that she was texting Nico to say she was back.

"Okay, the boys are officially taken care of, bride and maid of honor are in hair and make-up. I'm gonna head to the venue and fix... whatever they're screwing up." Caroline was really back to her normal self that a good thing, which reminds me I really need to get hold of Damon before the service. I don't think a brawl at the wedding is something Ric and Jo want, I know he kind of blames Caroline for all this but he need to understand we just need to let it go. Whereas his evil mom who rotting in the basement, that a totally different situation altogether. I went toward my makeup to get my bronzer out, when Caroline instantly panics and rushes to stop me "Siena, the curling iron!" I looked down to see the curling irons next to my bag, I shook my head, I was human not blind.

"Yes, I can see it, Caroline." She looked a little embarrassed after I pointed it out, I took out my bronzer from the bag.

"Okay!" She spoke sheepishly, I turned to look at her, there was still tension between us and I really didn't want there to be, just because I'm human now I didn't want to be treated differently.

"I'm human now, not blind. And I'm not fragile, either." I gave her a small smile, then started to applied the bronzer to my face, I could see at the corner of my eye she seemed still a little awkward. "You don't have to walk on eggshells around me." Which she didn't, no one need to, I wasn't going to break.

"Uh, I do, actually. Because if you walked on them, they could cut you and you'd get infected and probably die." I turned to her she had this serious expression on her face, considered her statement.

"You know what? Given my luck lately, that actually seems possible." We both giggle, I grabbed a glass of champagne, took a sip from it, I didn't care that my tolerate level was ridiculous I need this and more to get through today.

"So, what's it like now in the world of the living?" She questioned, it was very different from what I remember, I was only what I was for over a year but it felt like I've been like that all my life, when I look back I wasn't like everyone else.

"It's different, I'm slower, I have to look both ways before crossing the street, but..." I began to say but Caroline butted in before I could finish.

"—Not being a monster like me, who turns off their humanity and commits murder instead of dealing with grief like a normal person?" I understood why she did what she did, I know the feeling of feeling so lost and thinking you can't pull through. I had the thought of turning it all off when I found out Damon had died, it felt like a part of me was dead to. If I wasn't pregnant with Isabella I know I would done the same, and doing so I would been an enteral bitch that could never go back to how she once was. "Look, I'm so sorry, Siena, if I didn't get you to turn it off—" I didn't want her to beat herself up about all this, it was done, it was time for all of us to move on from it all somehow.

"No one knew of the consequences, least of all you." She had to understand this was in no one control, at any point I could have turned it off and this would have happened, it was the way I was wired I guess.

"I need to say this, I am sorry for what I did to Isabella, who being just as nice to me as you are, and am finding strangely uncomfortable because I expected a lot of yelling." I knew why Isabella was behaving like that, it was down to one person that was Nico, and we both didn't want to make things awkward for him. He had been through more than he should have in his short life, I didn't want to make the rest of his life a misery because of a mistake that the girl he loves made.

"We both know how much you mean to Nico, everyone makes mistakes." I think it finally sunk in that there wasn't any resentment from either of us, but there was another family member who still might. "Don't worry I think you're going to be getting yelled at by Damon. Don't worry human me can still handle him." I teased and Caroline chuckles, I am sure this version of myself could still deal with Salvatore temper.

"Where are the Salvatore brothers today? Tyler didn't mention that they were with Ric." I took another sip of my champagne, just thinking about this intervention on Damon I felt guilty then again it had to be done, tough love works most of the time.

"Stefan got his hands full with Damon today." Caroline stood there frowning, I guess Elena hadn't updated her with Damon crazy notion to become human.

"What's wrong with Damon?" She asked as I began to pack everything up, I knew it was all going to come out in the open sooner or later, she might as well hear it from me.

"Not much..." I hesitates before continuing on, trying hard to seem casual about all this. "He just said he would take the cure with me..." Upon hearing this, Caroline immediately turns to me and looks shocked.

"Damon Salvatore? Human? I... I can't even picture it." That's the thing, neither can I see him like that, what worries me is can he really see himself like that after telling me how much he loves being a vampire.

"Yeah. Something tells me neither can he." After Stefan done with him, I think Damon will be looking at all this in a different light. If I could be immortal again I would do it in a heart-beat but that could never be the case, being immortal I gain things, supernatural abilities, and eternal life. As a human all that is lost, if am miserable being human after only being immortal for short time, how will someone like Damon who been 148 year living on the edge to just have mundane life, sometimes something aren't worth it, even for love.

Damon P.O.V

Siena left me completely shell shocked last night, I literally screaming at her that this is what I wanted, this was the life I want to choose, but she gotta get everyone involved. I get that she hates being human that she didn't have a choice, and I sympathize with her because she really did embrace who she was and I knew she loved it. We both saw a future together, we saw this eternal life where we would be together forever, that future was still there but not as immortals. Nothing had changed about the way I felt about her, I was still in love with her like I was in love with her from the moment that I first laid eyes on her. Being a vampire or being human would never change that, Siena was my world, my life line, she gave me everything that I thought was impossible as a vampire. So I know a human life with her will be just as an amazing journey, with us not only building a future together, but a real future for Nico and Isabella. For all of us to be away from this world that's just brought misery and darkness into our lives. I know that my kids will support me 100% of the way, they would want us to have a happy life together, I don't see Nico or Isabella missing being mixed up in this world.

So talking to people to have them talk me out of it wasn't going to work, when I went upstairs to tell Siena that, I found her talking to Stefan. Yep she spilled the beans to him and he wasn't happy about my crazy idea either, like I thought he would have been happy. Everyone talks about me being selfish, they say that am impulsive, I haven't been this certain about anything since the day I knew I wanted to ask Siena to marry me. I've never regretted that, so why won't they both get it into their heads that this is something I will not regret. Well it turns out this talk I was going to have with Stefan was going to happen if I liked it or not, with Siena and her puppy dog eyes I couldn't refuse. Okay she want me to talk to my brother, I'll listen to what he has to say and in the end it will not change my decision in having a normal human life, with the woman I married who is also the mother to my children. Stefan didn't want to have this discussion in the house, apparently we bond better on the road, which I was fine with, until we got further and further away from Mystic Falls. I had no idea where the hell he was taking me, but his timing surely sucked because and freaking best man for Ric, now Stefan wants to take me miles out of town for a talk.

"Sure. I'll be your best man, Ric. But first, hang out with the worst man so that my brother can kidnap me on the day of your wedding." I glared over at Stefan who seemed offend, to be quite honest I don't care that I hurt his feeling, why the hell was he driving me out into the middle of nowhere for?

"Hey, don't you hate weddings anyway?" He snapped back, this is Stefan wanting to get his own way, god I wish he and Elena just made up so he could keep his nose out of my business.

"I hate little Stefan mind-games even more." That what he was doing driving me out to god knows where, that it will convince me being with the woman who I want to spend my life is a bad idea. Like that seriously going to work.

"Hmm." He kept his eyes on the road and said nothing else, what the hell did he have planned, because we were really driving in the wrong direction for the wedding nearly 100 miles out.

"So, anytime you want to clue me in as to where the hell we're going..." I notice that we were driving down some random street now, houses with picket fences, that wholesome American neighborhood you see in TV kind of vibe.

"Oh, come on. It's your last few days as a vampire. Can't blame me for wanting to spend some quality time with my brother. Ah, look, here we are." Stefan parks the car in front of a brown house, and they get out and look at it.

"Is Mr. Rogers expecting us?" I spoke sarcastically towards him, what the hell were we doing at some random house?

"You know Mr. Rogers is dead, right?" Stefan was really trying my patient right now, why can't he be like okay Damon this is your choice then find by me, all I want is to see you happy ect, ect... Nope not my brother he has something to prove.

"Yeah, you're gonna be joining him in make-believe if you don't get to the damn point." What did he seriously think he was going to achieve by bring me here? Of course Stefan rolled his eyes and walked towards the house leaving me standing by the car like a douche.

"So, this is a house I lived in during one of my many attempts to start over." He turns to me with a grin on his face. "Welcome to your suburban nightmare." That what all this is about, he thinks I hadn't thought about what a human life will be with Siena.

"You don't think I thought this through?" I spoke as I began to approach him, I recall that I am the older brother here, I wasn't going to go into something that I can't back out of. I take the cure no more vampire Damon it's will be 100% human, am ready to do that to be with Siena.

"Well, I think you've thought about a life with Siena. I don't think you've thought about neighbors or a mortgage or—" A boy who was playing in the yard next door accidentally kicks a ball at me hitting my shoulder, I wasn't not impressed. "-- or kids that aren't yours. I don't know, might not be your thing." Stefan walks away, and I threw the ball back to the boy. Stefan thinks I haven't planned this all out that I don't know what am doing, well baby bro you're in for a little surprise. So I followed Stefan in to this house, it was okay not to my taste or Siena's, Stefan had made it homely for his great escapes no one else's.

"Yeah, it's nice. Brazilian hardwoods, open floor plan, updated kitchen." I spoke as I looked around, while Stefan was doing something in the kitchen. I picked up a magazine off of the table, I smelt something really digesting, I turned to see Stefan standing by the microwave. "What kind of road-kill are you cooking in there?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen, Stefan had this stupid grin on his face, whatever he had up his sleeve something I won't like.

"Well, considering the fact that you actually have to eat as a human, I just wanted to give you a little taste of what your dinner's gonna look like." He pulls a microwave dinner out of the freezer and holds it up. "You don't cook, Siena won't have time in her busy work schedule to cook. Who has time anyway with work and kids, right?" Stefan sets the package on the table and I picked it up and smelt it before grimacing, there no way in hell will I be eating anything that smells like that. "Mmm, Salisbury steak. Dig in, Damon. You're gonna need all that energy for these" He picks up a pile of files and hands them to me.

"Oh yeah? What's this?" I threw the paperwork on the table, I wasn't interested in a bunch of files or crappie microwave food because that wasn't going to be the lifestyle Siena and I are going to have.

"That's just the rest of your life." What the hell was he talking about? That paperwork was going to be my whole life? Stefan attempts are well and truly laughable right now.

"Paperwork? That's your big move?" If Siena thought that Stefan would somehow change my mind, then his failing miserably at it.

"Let me ask you something. When was the last time you filled out paperwork of any kind... taxes, health insurance, driver's license?" Was he seriously playing this card, did he think that I couldn't fill out basic paperwork that everyone in this country has to fill in? Stefan really trying to insult my intelligence.

"Every idiot in the country does it. You think I'm gonna have trouble with this?" All I wanted to do right now was grab his car keys and leave, this was a waste of time, and am sure Ric gonna be pissed that on the day of his wedding I'm flaking out on him to hear Stefan talk about paper work.

"You will, the first time you encounter some moron that you can't kill or compel." Here we go, he seems to think that I won't be able to function as human, well I'll put him straight about that.

"Maybe." I opened the refrigerator door and took out a beer. "Then I would just come home and pop a beer from my beautiful stainless steel refrigerator." I patted on the refrigerator door and smiled at him, but Stefan looked unimpressed with my response.

"Which you won't be able to afford unless you have a job, and if you're about to say you can borrow money from me, you can't." I was taken back by the whole not borrowing money from him, not that I would but like help a brother out.

"Well, that's not very brotherly of you." I shot back at him before taking a sip from the bottle of beer, Stefan stood there with his arms folded and the signature brooding face that his come accustomed to for the last 166 years.

"Actually it is. See, I won't know where you live. You'll have the cure running through your veins, and if I know where you are, then someone can use me to track you down and take the cure from you and turn you into a 173-year-old corpse." I looked away from him as he had to be kidding, so I start this happy life and it consist that Stefan isn't a part of it? "What's the matter? Haven't thought that far ahead? See eventually, word will spread, and you and Siena will have to move away. You'll have to isolate yourself, no friends, no family. This will be your life, Damon. This will be your hell." This won't be hell at all and yeah maybe I won't see Stefan again, if he wants to go down that route but I planned out the life am going to have with Siena, and my kids. The things is it's always been there, we just had one drama after another stopping us.

"Well, that is where you are wrong, my brother." I pulled out my phone, going to photos, Stefan was going to have a real reality check now, think am not prepared for all this. "This will not be my life." I stood beside him and flicked through the picture of the villa that was given to us as a wedding gift from Siena parents in LA. "This will be my life. Perfect location, secluded, with a pool might I add, and I've even have my own business running there already for the last year and half, who would of thought Damon Salvatore having his own real-estate business." Stefan stood there not saying a word this was a snap shot moment. "Of course Siena will do whatever her heart desires, if she wants to go back to school, or be a housewife, whatever makes her happy that all that matters." I snatched my phone out of his hand. "Now this isn't TriBeca. New York's a little too obvious, this place it's in the west somewhere. I mean, I'd tell you where it was, but you made it abundantly clear you didn't want to know." I smiled at him before walking away. "Heh, heh. I'm gonna check out upstairs." He thought I wasn't prepare well I just proved him wrong, I always thought about a future beyond Mystic Falls, with this home in LA and the home I have for us in Monaco, I think it's safe to say we will have that happily ever after like we deserved.

Siena P.O.V

Since Caroline turned up things were actually going smoothly, everything seemed in order, there wasn't Jo running around like a headless chicken. The atmosphere in the Salvatore house was one of serenity, I took the opportunity to get out of Jo and Elena way. I went into library poured myself a large glass of champagne and put my feet up. I kept thinking about what Stefan was doing with Damon, was it really the right thing to do? Of course it was, my biggest fear of all is that one day he will turn to me and blame me for him being stuck in this life. Would I be the same if I was in his shoes? I guess I would I couldn't see a world where his a human and I wasn't by his side, so I understood all that, but all Damon know is how to be a vampire, his done it for 148 years, he loves the thrill of it all. Maybe he loves it slightly more than he loves me, that why I have to keep pushing him so he realizes that human life isn't going to be the same as the life we've had for last three years.

I had Isabella come into the room a bit upset and annoyed because Enzo turned up out of the blue wanting to give Natalia an iPod filled with music from last century. I had no idea what Enzo was playing at, I didn't even know he knew Natalia, well they tagged when they were all ghostly on the other side, was that even real with Natalia being in the prison world? All this supernatural stuff just makes me wanna scream, I don't think I'll ever understand it. Then Isabella went on to tell me she actually went down in the basement to give her the stupid thing, I took deep breath so I didn't yell at her. I didn't want Nico or Isabella anywhere near Natalia, I didn't trust her, not saying they would fall for her baby blues, but I would feel happier if that went nowhere near her. Whatever happened down there really freaked out Isabella, so I got her to sit down with me and try and explain to me what happen, I also wanted to assure her that Natalia will never do anything hurt this family again. Isabella was acting strange like she asked me even if the Ascendant was destroy could there be a loop hole, I didn't understand why she was talking like this, but all I could do as a mom is reassure her that won't happen. Even though I told all of that I notice that Isabella seems to be on edge.

"Is my reassurance not good enough?" Isabella looked lost in thought for a moment, then turned to me shaking her head.

"What? No, you're right there no way she can bring them back without the ascendant." She spoke confidently, I knew there was something wrong with her, she has been too quiet today, she normally the one that full of life.

"So what worrying you? Is this what I told you about your dad?" Now I really regret calling her about that, I shouldn't have told her, last night I wasn't exactly thinking straight. "I shouldn't have called you in the middle of—" I began to say but Isabella interrupted me in mid-sentence.

"No mom, it's not that. I am glad that you told me, and am really hoping Uncle Stefan getting through to him." I was hoping the same thing, but I could see in her eyes there was something bothering her, I know am not supernatural no more, but there a bond a mother has with their child. They know when something not right, I have that feeling right now, maybe she feel hurt that Damon not considering her in this huge decision, which is one of my reason why I wanted him to think about this.

"You don't want your dad to take the cure I understand that—" She sat there shaking her head, I just wish she would talk to me, I wasn't a mind reader, I just wanted to know what was making her so sad right now. If it was all this then I would rather her be honest with me how she feeling, because it matters to me Isabella and Nico feeling in all this.

"Not that I don't want you both to be together, because what you and dad have is something really special." I wrapped my arm around her, of course all of this was confusing for her, Isabella hasn't had the stable family life, neither has Nico. With Isabella since she came into our lives it's been one thing after another, if Damon and I weren't at each-other's throats, we were fighting to live another day, but she knew no matter what happened the love we had for one another overcame all odds, well maybe not this situation with cure, but whatever happens it's for the best.

"You will have that one day too..." I kissed her on the side of the head. "Your prince charming who will sweep you off your feet." I turned to her she had this strange expression, and her cheeks began to turn a slight shade of pink. "Unless you've already met him?" As soon as I said that Isabella was flushing scarlet red, that confirmed to me that she was obviously with someone, why didn't she tell me? I am guess it has a lot to do with Damon telling her she can't date until she's 40. "You have, haven't you? Do tell. What's his name? What classes does he take?" I wanted to know who this guy was, I mean we leave it for a while for Damon to see him, but I would love to meet her first boyfriend, just looking at her made me realize she's all grown up.

"His not a student at Whitmore...." She spoke sheepishly, she was clearly embarrassed that I was trying to get information out of her, she didn't need to feel like that with me, I wasn't going to bite him.

"Okay... So you going to tell me about him?" I looked up to see Elena walk into the room. "Elena, did you know Isabella got herself a boyfriend?" Elena stood frozen on the spot with an awkward smile on her face, what was her deal?

"Isabella would you mind helping Matt load up the centerpieces on the trunk, his worried that he might break them." I can guess why Matt felt like that, am sure that Caroline been barking orders and left him a nervous wreck.

"Yeah sure." Isabella got up quickly from the couch making her way out of the room as quick as she could.

"You're not off the hook young lady, I want to hear more about this guy." I called out to her, I looked at Elena who stood there looking a little awkward. "You know Damon going to interrogate the hell out of poor guy...." I couldn't help but laugh when I pictured that in my mind, I still recall how protective he was over Nico dating Caroline, and this was his little girl I can see being a billion times worse.

"Siena...." Elena began to say but my cell began to ring and I saw it was Stefan, I felt my stomach turn as I knew he was calling to update me on this knock sense into Damon mission.

"Elena I got to take this..." She smiled and walked out of the room, I answered it while I looked at my half-full glass of champagne.

"I'm on my third glass, so speak slowly." I drained the glass to prepare myself for what am about to hear, I don't know what am more frighten off. Stefan convincing him that it was a bad idea or that Damon won't change his mind.

"You know how you and I were both worried that he didn't think this through?" There was a moment of silence, I was about to speak but Stefan finally spoke. "He thought it though." I couldn't help but laugh, Damon had really convince Stefan of all people that he thought this through, Stefan the one person who knew him better than me at time, Damon wasn't thinking he was being impulsive and doing it all for the wrong reasons.

"Ha! It's Damon. He didn't." I spoke as I poured myself another glass, this champagne was really going down a treat, and killing the anxiety that I've been having most of the morning.

"He's ready to do this, Siena. He's got your perfect little life all planned out." This isn't what I wanted to hear from him, Stefan was obviously not showing Damon what life will be like, life isn't perfect, life can be shitty, and it's not like the storybooks. That what Stefan needs to show Damon, because there no turning back on this.

"Stefan life isn't perfect. Okay, look-- you have a few more hours, so push him. Make him see that." I heard Stefan sigh as he hung up, I know this was difficult for him to do this to Damon, I hate it too. My biggest fear is that he will wake up one day and think what the hell have I done, living a life as a vampire is different to human life. There nowhere to run, there nowhere to turn, it will be just me and him, because I know if anyone was to find out about us having the cure running though our veins we are as good as dead. Just knowing that made me want to drink more, I picked up the glass I just filled and took a huge gulp from it.

"Hey, remember when you were pacing yourself?" Jo spoke as she entered the room not looking overly impressed, but the whole pacing myself just went out of the window.

"Heh, I do. Right before I told my brother in-law how to get my husband to give up hope for our relationship. What if I made a huge mistake by keep pushing him away?" Can I see a life without Damon? God no, but I can't have a life with him, not that am like this walking cure of vampirism.

"The only mistake you made was that last glass of champagne." She grabs the glass from my hand. "I'm gonna go make some coffee before you spiral through the earth to China." Jo was right drinking my problem away wasn't going to help, maybe coffee will give me clearer mind.

"Yeah, okay." Jo is about to walk away with the glass, then I heard the keys of the piano make a noise as I turned around I saw Jo leaning against the piano for support, the glass she had in her hands fall onto the floor. "Jo, are you okay?" I saw that the colouring in her face was pale, then the next moment she faints, hitting her head against the piano on her way down before she hits the ground. I rushed over to her as quickly as I could and checks on her. "Hey, Jo. Jo. Jo. Jo!" I felt useless right now I had no idea what to do, I don't even know why she collapsed the way she did.

I called out for help and conveniently the place was deserted, I did the only thing I could and that was call 911 and stay by Jo side until they came. ETM finally came and I explained what happened, buy the time they loaded Jo into the ambulance she was protesting she was fine. I kindly reminded her that it wasn't just her health it was the baby too. We arrived at Whitmore Centre and Jo got a full check over, it turns out Jo was actually carrying twins, which surprised the both of us, am sure Ric going to be over the moon. I spoke to the doctor and he updated me on what caused her to collapse like that, it was basically a panic attack, meaning Jo was stressing out. I went back into the room Jo sat on the table looking a little annoyed with herself.

"The doctor got the test results back. The babies are fine, you're fine. He thinks it was just..." I began to say but she cut me off in mid-sentence.

"An acute panic attack, brought on by stress, pregnancy, and a severe lack of food?" Of course she would know that, she a doctor. I just nodded and smiled in agreement. "What are the chances of you being an amazing bridesmaid and keeping this mortifying episode to yourself? I don't want to worry Ric." I know she didn't want to worry him, but it was a little too late because in my panic I actually called him, I just need to get to him before he comes bursting in here.

"Of course." I gave her a small smile before leaving the room so he could have some time to herself. I got out my phone out and called Ric to see where he was, apparently he was parking up. So I made my way outside and caught him in time, he looked terrified as he tried to pass me, but I stopped him.

"You can't tell her that I told you any of this" I didn't want to feel Jo waft today of all days, but Ric had a right to know what happened to her.

"Okay, fine, but I want to see her." Once again he tries to pass me but I got in his way, I just needed him to calm down, him going in there is as good as telling Jo I told him everything, not a good thing.

"Not 'til the wedding." He gave me a look of disbelief, I wasn't going to have anything else ruin this day, this was the last straw and the wedding was only couple of hours away so it wasn't like he had to wait long.

"Siena!" He spoke firmly, I wasn't going to back down from this, he needed to understand that it didn't matter what he wanted it was about what Jo wanted and she didn't want to see him before the wedding.

"Ric, if there's anywhere that you should be superstitious, it's Mystic Falls." He stood there and sigh, he knew I was right, Mystic Falls was like a magnet for disaster, look what happened on my wedding day. Not that I want anything to happen like that, just we needed to be careful that's all.

"Okay, fine, but what happened?" He spoke calmly which was better than him wanting to burst into the hospital like G.I Jo.

"The doctors think that she had a panic attack." I watched as his face was filled with worry, oh great it's like I got foot in mouth syndrome today.

"As in she doesn't want to get married to me panic attack? Great." This wasn't what I needed now, Jo wasn't having a panic attack not wanting to marry Ric, he really has to stop making this about him.

"No, as in it's her wedding day and she has two small humans growing inside her, and she can't self-medicate like you, Bourbon-Breath." I snapped at him, Ric gave me a look. "Sorry, I just... I saw her fall, and my first instinct was "Vamp to her," but I couldn't, and then I saw her hit her head, and I wanted to give her vampire blood, but I couldn't." It really sucked to be human, and I really don't know if I'll ever get used to the fact that I can't do any of those things anymore.

"You're really not happy about being human?" Ric spoke with concern, I knew I wasn't making it a big secret I pretty much told everyone I hate that am human, I know I sounded like a brat and really ungrateful but this is how I felt I couldn't stop it.

"In all honestly no, because I had to think "What would a human do?" So, I called 911, got her to the hospital, and then I let the doctors do their job." That all I could do, just sit back not able to do a thing, that feeling alone is the worst feeling ever.

"You won't always feel this way you know. You need time to adjust." Ric spoke as he placed his arm around my shoulder to give me some comfort.

"Yeah. Adjust." My life's a tangle of past and present, like two separate puzzles with their pieces tumbled together. Nothing fits.

Damon P.O.V

I wasn't impressed with Stefan right now with his stupid this is your life tour, all I wanted was to get the hell out of here and get to the wedding on time. It was like he was stalling me or something, Stefan had to face fact that my mind was made up. No he wanted to talk about break ups, he spoke about what if Siena and I aren't actually soulmate, well my brother was wrong there, Tia Dalma practically said we were. He reminded me that's when Siena was Dimidium Sanguine, now she was human maybe that connection we had would fade away. Oh he really trying hard to get a rise out of me or something, did he want to get into a fight or something? Then he began to rant on about how he thought he and Elena were forever, but that wasn't the case.

"Hey, I'm just being realistic. I mean what if something goes wrong? You're still human, still isolated, still alone." Why did he have to be so negative about everything, Siena and I weren't going to fall out of love, we weren't going to end up like Stefan and Elena he needs to stop comparing, we were nothing like them.

"Not gonna happen." I stated firmly to him, Stefan stood there with this smug expression that I was ready to slap off in the next thirty seconds if he didn't stop.

"Right, cause married couples stay together forever? They never fight, they never hurt each other, and they never drift apart? Hey. Let me show you." The next thing I knew Stefan grabs my face and uses his vampire telepathy to create an illusion in my mind.

Damon and Siena Future—2 Years Later

"Late night?" Siena spoke as I walked into the kitchen, I placed my briefcase in the counter while she sat in front of her laptop.

"Yeah, I had a late appointment with a client." I walked over to her and gave her a kiss before going into the fridge.

"Client..." I heard Siena question, I had that dreading feeling come over me, as I knew what was about to happen. "So why do you smell like a brothel?" She snapped, I slammed the fridge door and turned to her.

"Siena don't start all this again. Please it's late, am in no mood for an argument." It felt like we had this same argument every time I came home late, Siena will not let down the one stupid mistake that I made.

"You're the one who made me like this." She raised her voice, as she poured herself a glass of wine. "What am meant to magically forget about your little affair with your last client?" She glared at me before taking a gulp, I was tired of her throwing accusations from one mistake I made, she need to stop with these insecurities.

"When I want to do something with you, your head always stuck in that laptop..." There was days I wouldn't even get acknowledgement because she was too wrapped up in some assignment that always seems to be due the next day.

"Damon am trying to get an education, am trying to build some kind of career, I don't want to sit at home like a good little housewife." She get up from the stool and slams her laptop shut. "But that's what you want. Isn't it?" She stood there with tear filled eyes, that the one thing I hated to see her upset, Siena was my world I knew she was trying her hardest to better herself.

"Princess..." I approached her and she began to back away from me, until she hit the counter stopping her going further. "I made a mistake, and it's something I will always regret..." She turned her face so she wasn't looking at me, I place my hands on either side of her forcing her to look at me. Her eyes were filled with tears that wanted to escape, I could see she was trying so hard not to burst into tears. "I love you and only want to be with you. I am proud that you're chasing your dream, you're going to make one heck of a journalist one day." I leaned in so my lips were about to touch hers. "I. Love. You." I spoke each word with a kiss, which brought a huge smile on her face.

Present

"You made me have an affair? And Siena insecure...How unrealistic is that. This is not working brother." That was the most unrealistic possible future ever, I would never be unfaithful to Siena, I wouldn't risk it all for some one night stand.

"Oh, believe me it's realistic you think that can never happen that's just two years in. Wait 'til you hit seven." Stefan grabs my temples again and gives me another vision.

Damon and Siena Future—7 Years Later

"Is she here?" I asked as I walked into the new room, going towards Siena office, when her assistant jumped up from her desk stopping from going in.

"Mr. Salvatore, Mrs. Salvatore asked not to be disturbed..." She spoke nervously, she was barely out of school and I wasn't going to let some kid stop me from talking to my wife.

"Well, am sure that didn't include me." I could feel myself about to lose it with this girl, in the good old days I would compelled her or killed her. The door opens and Siena standing here with huge smile on her face.

"Jessica, its fine." I brushed past this Jessica and went into Siena office, I turned as she closed the door and that smile that was just on her face had disappeared. "What are you doing here, Damon? I got a lot going on." She spoke with annoyance as she sat down at her desk, looking at the computer screen, she had to be kidding me right now.

"Do you know what today is?" I asked as I approached her desk she looked up and shrugged her shoulder, before her eyes averted back to the screen. "It's our ten year wedding anniversary. That's what today is, and while am sitting at the restaurant waiting for you to turn up, I get a message 'Unfortunately I will not be able to attend our meeting this evening, arrangement will be made to re-schedule.' Maybe you should tell your assistant to make your messages more personal when sent to your HUSBAND!" Siena get up from the desk walks over to the blinds, and closes them as people from her office were looking, of course Siena didn't want a domestic at her place of work, but she drove me to doing this. Ten years is a big deal but to her it was like it was nothing that we could re-schedule?

"Keep your voice down." She spoke through her teeth, as she closed the last blind making the room private. "Why do you always have to make a scene, Damon?" I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth right now, I made this huge effort for our anniversary and I shouldn't make a scene because she didn't turn up?

"You're telling me not to make a scene, because you gave me a rain check on our anniversary? Are you being for real Siena." She stood there looking conflicted for a moment, maybe she's realizing the bad guy was actually her not me.

"Okay I forgot, okay." She spoke with frustration as she sat at her desk once again. "Just since I got promoted—" I cut her off before she could finish off what she was about to say.

"You've been avoiding me like the plague." She looks up for micro-seconded there was a little look of guilt in her eyes, but that faded away as soon as it came. "I come home from a busy day from work, expecting to see my wife, all I see is note on the fridge door saying there plenty of microwave meals in the freezer." She sat there typing away shaking her head, I didn't want to come home to that, not saying I expected home cooked meals every night, but I expected to at least see my wife. "FYI I hate microwave meals!" It was like none of this was fazing her, and all it was doing is making me even angrier.

"Here we go, throw your infamous Damon Salvatore tantrum because things aren't going your way." She spoke in a mocking voice, before leaning towards the phone and picking up the receiver "Jessica, I need to make sure the editorial done, it's going to be a long night, can you bring me in double espresso. Thank you babe." I couldn't believe her right now, am throwing a tantrum? Like am like this for no reason?

"When did you turn into such a cold hearted bitch?" The rage was reaching boiling point now because the way she was acting was like she didn't give a damn.

"The day I had enough of your player ways." She spoke not making eye contact with me, while continuing to read whatever was on the screen. I knew was this was about, it's always been about the same thing for the last five years.

"I made one goddamn mistake! You're never going to ever let that go!" I spoke as I walked closer to her desk, still nothing, no eye contact, I might as well be having this conversation with her assistant right now.

"Correction you done it to me twice, Rose and this other skank." She finally looked up to make eye contact and give me a fake smile before looking back. I know I hurt her, I know it was the most stupid things I've ever done, but I've been trying to make up for it, like tonight I made this huge effort and I get stood up.

"What do you want me to do? Not like I can turn back time." I didn't know what else to do, she really wasn't making this any easier for me by constantly pushing me away.

"Whatever it is you want to do. I don't care." That was the finally straw, I had enough of her don't care attitude, am going to tell her exactly what I want to do.

"Well, that's the thing, Siena. I can't do what I want to do because what I want to do is drink all night without getting drunk, drive my car like a psycho without fear of death. I want to tear someone's head off without getting arrested." She finally makes eye contact with me.

"You're right, Damon. You can't do any of those things anymore because—" Once again she tried to speak down to me, I wasn't going to let her tell me the reason why I couldn't do any of those things anymore. I planned on telling her why I couldn't do them.

"Because of you. I can't because of you!" The tension in the room was sky high and I was on the verge of losing it with her, it was her fault I gave it up for her, I thought we would have this perfect life, but being human had completely changed her, she wasn't the woman I fell in love with over a decade ago.

"Just say it." She spoke snapping me out of my thought, I wasn't going to hold back what I have been holding back for the last 7 years.

"This was a damn mistake." I roared out in my rage.

"You're right. This was a mistake." She turned back to her computer screen, that when I lost it and cleared her desk making everything fall off, Siena jump up from her seat looking terrified by my display of anger.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled as I looked up, knowing this wasn't all real that Stefan planting this fake life in my head.

Present

"I see what you're doing." I forcefully head-butt Stefan in the face, forcing Stefan to back off. "This isn't about me being alone. This is about you being alone-- without me, without Siena. Awfully selfish of you, brother." It was 1864 all over again, when I wanted to not become a vampire and because Stefan didn't want to live an eternity alone.

"Even if you and Siena defy every single statistic and stay in love every hour of every day... "He shoves me against a wall. "You still can't control life, things happen, people change. What is your life gonna look like without her?" He grabs my head one more time.

Our Future Home— After The Divorce

I walked into the house and lays his keys on the table, I grabbed a pizza out of the freezer and pulled a dirty glass out of the sink. It was too dirty, so I decide to just drinks from the bottle. I walked over and sat down on the couch turned on the TV, channel 6 news was on there she was.

"This is Siena Richards, reporting from...." I had to turn off the TV, I couldn't even look at her, I messed up something so special.

I sitting here regretting every single thing I've ever done, while Siena move on with her life, married that dick. Just thinking about it all just lead me to drink more, which lead to tears, I was alone, I couldn't turn to Stefan, I couldn't see my kids, all because I took this goddamn cure to be with the woman that I thought I'll be with forever. I saw that the bottle was empty, I got up from the couch and looked in the cupboard but I was out of anything to numb the pain. So I got in my car and drove to the super market, I walked in making my way to where the good stuff was, when I stopped in my track and saw Siena. She hadn't changed a bit still as beautiful and breathtaking as ever, I wanted to speak but no words would come out. We hadn't spoken since we divorced a couple of years ago.

"Oh, Damon. Y-you look well." I knew she was lying I was a mess, hardly keeping myself together, she moved away from the cart to grab something off the shelf, that when I saw her swollen bump.

"You look pregnant..." I couldn't believe she was having another child, we spoke about having kids but it never happened, that was back when we were both freshly human looking to have this huge family to build on from the one we already had. It was hard on the both of us not having any contact with Nico and Isabella, but it seems that Siena moving on from that life we once hand.

"Hey, babe they didn't have those pastries you've been craving." Her dick of a husband came out of nowhere, then looked at me a little surprised. "Oh, Damon, wow man your looking different these days." When I first came into this town I was always suited, smart, never in the clothes that I wore when I was vampire. So seeing me looking like I don't give a damn was surprising to most, Siena stood there looking awkward as she held a packet of dried fruit in her hands.

"We better go." She placed the packet in the cart. "Nice seeing you Damon. Take care."

Present

"So you make us drift apart, break us up and then give her a new husband? That's harsh, brother." I get that Stefan was trying to show me that life wasn't perfect, but one thing I knew is that I would never drive Siena into another man's arms, would I?

"She wanted me to be harsh." I stood there really confused right now, did he just tell me that she told him to be like this with me? That she was in on Stefan crazy scheme?

"This is her idea, too?" He stood there nodding, wow I felt hurt, I knew she wanted me to think about this, to talk myself out of it, but I never expected in a million years that Stefan and her would conspire this. "Well that's funny, because the two people closest to me are the two most sadistic." Stefan gave me a sorrowful look, I brushed past him I didn't want to play his stupid mind game no longer.

"You know, if you do this Damon, you're human forever. No matter what happens, there's no going back." He called out to me, I stopped in my tracks and turn to him, I know if this was him and Elena I would support him all the way, that he this was something he wanted to do, to be with the girl he loves. Now am at a crossroads, 24 hours I knew what I wanted, I knew I saw this clear future with Siena, now all I see is a blur.

"What do you think I should do?" I spoke in frustration because I didn't know what I wanted now.

"That's the thing, I can't tell you, Siena can't tell you, not even your kids. You can't do this for us, you have to want to be human for yourself." There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and walk toward a life of the unknown. That is the sort of bravery I must have now

Siena P.O.V

After speaking to Ric he was all about how I will embrace being like this, personally I didn't see that, because I know I have to walk away from my family. That is something I don't think any of them realize, I wasn't magically brought back to life by a doctor like Ric was. I was a walking cure for vampirism and all it take is for the wrong person to find out and am good a dead. This was my life now and I needed to start being realistic about it all, I know I couldn't go back to New York because I would only be putting my parents endanger. I know that I won't see Isabella or Nico, and I guess that's why am pushing for Damon to really think about this, they need a parent still even if they appear to be all grown up. Then part of me like I can't see a life without him, I don't even know if I'll be able to function, and I want to be happy that he wants to do it for me, but that's the problem his doing it for me. Today wasn't about me it about Ric and Jo and my problems are going to be pushed to one side. I'll eventually see if Stefan got through to Damon and see where our future is going.

Jo had to stay behind for a few more test I wanted to stay but she wanted to me to go and check on the venue, Jo wasn't a lady to be arguing with, she had gotten worse being pregnant. I arrived and everything seemed in order, Caroline was doing a great job with barking her orders, and it was nice to see her and Nico together. They both seems happy and that's what I wanted for the both of them, and I wanted that too for Isabella, I just hoped this mystery boyfriend was going to treat her right. I saw that Nico and Isabella were walking over to where I was, I wondered if Isabella had told Nico about what Damon and Stefan are up to.

"So Ric not freaking out anymore, I went with giving him a bottle of bourbon." Nico stood there smiling, while I wasn't impressed, the last thing we needed was for the groom to be drunk when telling his vows.

"Nico you—" I began to say but he cut me off in mid-sentence by laughing.

"Am kidding, his wanting to be totally sober." Nico was in high spirits so that meant she hadn't told him about their dad's crazy idea.

"Bella aren't you going to answer that?" Nico asked as Isabella kept staring at her phone hesitant to answer, something told me that it was this boyfriend and she was embarrassed to answer. I didn't want her to feel like that, but before I could say anything she declined the call.

"Is that this mystery boyfriend that you've still gotta tell me about." She looked up from the phone with a weary look on her face, maybe I am pushing her too much?

"You told mom about your boyfriend?" Nico sounded surprised that I knew about this guy, I was surprised to hear that Nico knew.

"Not quite. Mom...." I turned to look at her, and she looked as if she seen a ghost or something.

"Isabella are you okay?" I asked as she looked as white as a sheet, what was wrong with her? Was she coming down with something?

"I think I hear Caroline calling you Bella, better get going before she..." Nico quickly jumped in, I knew this tactic too well, Blair and I used to do it to our parents when we were avoiding something and now it was being used on me.

"Yeah, mom I'll catch you later." She spoke as she rushed off, I watched as Nico eyes were avoiding mine, I wasn't going to get played here, and Isabella might be off the hook but Nico certainly isn't.

"Mhmm.... So from the sounds of it you met your sister boyfriend." Nico loosen his tie and opened this top button, I knew that move too his father did that when he was put on the spot.

"Yeah, his a nice guy, and makes her really happy, and I can see that she made him happy too." Nico spoke quite highly of this guy, so I don't get why all the secrecy, I mean I can understand that they didn't want their dad to know, with Damon and his overprotective mode, but I thought I was the cool parent the one they can turn to.

"So you going to tell me about him? Like a name would be great for starts." It would be nice to at least know that so I can stop calling him the boyfriend.

"Mom, I just remembered that I was meant to help Matt..." Before I could stop him he was gone, if I still had my vampire abilities there would be no way I would allowed him to walk away. I looked up to see Stefan approaching, I could feel my heart thumping because if he was here, that meant whatever went down at this old home of Stefan, Damon would of made some kind of choice. There not point in me being frighten, this is what I asked for, that he had to do it for the right reason not for me.

"I'm not used to scaring people away." Stefan spoke with slight sarcasm, well they weren't doing that it seems that I've turned into one of those parents, you know the ones that there kids feel they can't open up to.

"I don't think anything to do with you, more to do with me." Stefan looked at me with concern, but I didn't want to get into the whole Isabella has a boyfriend, it will only create more drama for her and she only resent me if Damon was to learn of it and grill her even worse than I have. "Is Damon with you?" I looked around to see if I could see him anywhere.

"No, he needed some time to think." I didn't know how to take that, it meant that he wasn't certain about taking the cure, that maybe he finally learnt it not going to be as easy as he played it out in his mind.

"That sounds very ominous." Stefan looks down, I could see that he was upset by this, he didn't say much to me last night, but I knew this was affect him. "You don't want him to take it, do you?" I know what happen to Stefan when he thought Damon was dead, how he spiral out of control, which lead him to lose Elena. Would it be the same if Damon took this cure and had this human life with me?

"Well, it's not up to me." I couldn't help but chuckle, because it wasn't Damon he was speaking to, it was me and he knew he didn't need to hide his feeling about all this least of all with me.

"Stefan, I'm not him. You can tell me how you really feel. We have always been honest with one another, let not change that because am human." A smile crept up on his face, but I knew it wasn't a genuine smile, it was one that he force on. He knew I wasn't going to back down until he told me, so he might as well fess up now.

"Look, of course I don't want him to take it. He's my brother. The thought of losing him is..." Stefan couldn't even finish off his sentence, I knew deep down this was something he never expected, neither us did most of all me. If someone told me a year ago that I would become human I would laugh in their faces, but I guess fate has a twisted sense of humour at times.

"Yeah, I know." Stefan sigh as he looked at me, all I could see was sorrow and confusion in his eyes. I don't know how today went, but Stefan must have some idea of what wat Damon swaying, I did tell him to be harsh on him. "So, what do you think he's gonna do?" It was like the dreaded question, but Stefan the only one who been with him today, he must have some kind of idea where Damon head is at.

"Well, you never knew Damon as a human." I didn't think that there was much of a difference between a human Damon to vampire Damon, apart from the diet of course. "He was aimless. Always searching for something more. Sweet and earnest to a fault, but never strong-- that came later, when he found himself-- when he truly became Damon." I knew what Stefan meant, that Damon turning made him into this amazing guy he was today, the look on Stefan face right now I think I knew where Damon head was at. "He loves being a vampire, and I just don't think he'll ever give that up." I felt a lump build up in my throat as soon as I heard that, I guess the confirmation knowing that I was going to live a life without him just hit me. This was for the best it wasn't about me, this was about what would make Damon happy, and I don't want him to change the person who he is for me. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Damon will always be my great love, the father to my children, no matter how much time passes the love I have for him will never fade, it's time for me see a future without him.

Isabella P.O.V

I keep repeating this is the worst day ever like seriously it like everything is against me, I have Jo yelling at me thinking am going to ruining her dress. Then because am totally lame at hiding the fact that am in a relationship, my mom was giving me one thousand and one questions. I felt like I was going to have some kind of seizure, she expecting me to tell her about some guy I met at school, not a guy she knew and dated once upon a time. In that moment I knew I had to fess up, that but it was like the words wouldn't come out of my mouth, mostly because of the fear of her reaction. When Elena came into the room I didn't expect her to cover for me, maybe she knew that she was being harsh by giving me a deal line about it. So after that I felt fine, I knew that my mom will be busy with Jo, and won't give a second thought about this guy in my life. Well I was totally wrong about that too she was like a dog with a bone, not giving up knowing who he was.

What made matter worse when she was trying to find out more, Klaus was calling me, out of all the times to be calling me, it had to be when my mom was a foot away from me. As we were standing there across the way there was Klaus in a suit, taking a glass of champagne from one of the waiter. Anxiety hit me majorly in that one moment, I couldn't have him being here, and there was too much going on with my family right now to have him turn up here. I have no idea what he was thinking, I didn't care, this was reckless of him being here, his not even on the guest list, from what I've been told Ric hate him and his family with a passion. I was trying to think of some excuse to but Nico helped me with that, as he saw Klaus and knew that I was under pressure with our mom. Once I left them I marched over to where Klaus was standing admiring the scenery around him, with no care in the freaking world.

"You can't turn up to a wedding unannounced." I grabbed hold of his arm taking him out of room, what was he thinking turning up here? "People are going to ask why you're here, not like your BFF with Ric, and you don't know Jo." Was he out of his mind, my parents were part of the wedding party, like they wouldn't notice him? What was he thinking? I'm stressed out enough with my mom trying to find out who he is, now he wants to turn up to a family event.

"Your invitation stated plus one, here I am." He spoke a little smugly and that devilish smirk appeared on his face. "There also the fact I overheard the conversation between you and Elena." Damn I hate his supersonic hearing or whatever they call it, but I couldn't have him being here, this wedding will end up in a brawl if people start putting two and two together.

"Klaus believe me I want you to be here—" I began to say but he cut me off with a kiss, well he knew how to shut me up. As he slowly pulled away he had this smile on his face, while I felt light headed from the intense kiss.

"Elena was right, this can't continue to be a secret, I want to be with you Isabella not in hiding, I want to be able to say that you're mine." He spoke with sincerity in his voice and everything he was saying was touching, I wanted everyone to know but it wasn't as simple as just coming out and saying his my boyfriend. There was two people who terrified me more than anything and that was my parents, I was scared of their reaction, with my dad I knew he was going to flip out. So I knew what to expect, whereas my mom, I had no idea, and that was even more frightening.

"I want all that too, but... My parents Klaus. Before you say it you're not compelling them." After hearing him say that about Elena today, I wanted to make it clear to him that would never be an option. I wanted my parents to accept him, okay I wasn't stupid to think they be all open arms from the get go, but over time they would see that Klaus was a good person, and that I wanted to be with him flaws and all.

"I wouldn't do that, least of all to Siena, I know I will have a lot to prove to them. That your father may lock you away and throw away the key." That exactly what my dad would do, he either lock me up in the basement next door to my loon of grandmother, or send me to a nunnery with a tower and lock me up there. "I am willing to do whatever it takes to be with you, without resorting to ways that will displease you." I was taken back with what he just said, Klaus was willing to go through this knowing that it wasn't going to be an easy ride, he was willing to go through all the arguing and whatever else... For me?

"You would really do all that f-for m-me" I was still in a state of shock here that he was willing to go through all that drama for me? It just all seem too surreal right now, like this had to be a dream or something.

"I am in love with you Isabella Salvatore, of course I would do all that for you." He spoke as he move the hair from my face, placed his hands on either side of my cheeks, I was speechless and confused at the same time. Klaus left without saying a word, not contacting me up until ten minutes ago, now he just told me his in love with me?

"I thought you were mad at me, with you leaving the way you did—" I spoke in broken words because I was still trying to process everything in my mind.

"Far from it. After what you told me what happened to Siena I knew I had to do something, so I brought someone back with me that may help you." So he didn't leave because he was pissed? But who would he bring back to help my mom, that's even if she could be helped.

"Who?" As I asked him Klaus spun me around and there stood this man, I've never seen him before in my life. He was tall, a little more taller than Klaus, with dark brown hair and these amazing green eyes that seemed familiar, I notice that he was in a suit, please don't tell me Klaus brought his own plus one.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Isabella." He spoke in the same formal British accent as Klaus, was this like another brother of his? "I know we don't know one another, but am Julian, your grandfather." I stood there with my mouth gaping open, this was the Julian, my mom real dad? "Klaus informed me on the fate that was bestowed on your mother..." I couldn't get over the canny resemblance, like mom really took after her dad.

"Wow she really looks like you." I blurted out before realizing what I said, I could hear Klaus chuckling beside me, and my cheek felt like they were on fire. What a great first impression am giving right now, wonderful!

"As you look like your mother." He spoke proudly, I couldn't help but smile because saying I look like my mom was a huge compliment, she was stunning in my eyes. "Now is not the best of days to be discussing this matter, but once the service is over we could discuss our options." Did I hear him correctly we had options in helping my mom? There actually a possibility that we could fix her and her and dad didn't need to run off and have this crazy human life and leave us behind.

"Options? There's options? You mean that we can—" I began to say but was interrupted by him.

"I do not want to get your hopes up Isabella. There is something, but I am waiting on confirmation." Okay waiting is fine, I think I could wait, but know that there was a possibility that we could reverse this, that I wasn't being crazy thinking that there had to be a loophole. "Isabella, all I've wanted for your mother is to have a happy life, mortal or immortal that all I've ever wanted for her." He spoke with compassion in his voice, I could see that mom meant a great deal to him, but why didn't he show it to her? Cause from what she told me Julian never really cared for her much. "With the cure running through her veins she will be a target, I've never been much of a father to her in her eyes." He was right about that, mom always spoke of our grandpa in New York, but when Julian was brought up not much good was said about him, which is sad because he cares, or his an amazing actor right now. "But I've always done everything in my power to protect her, even without her knowing at times..." At the corner of my eye I could see Klaus nodding in agreement, as Julian spoke. "I will speak to you after the service." I wanted to speak but he was gone in a blink of an eye, well he wasn't what I expected, then again I didn't ever think I would meet him.

"Julian will not let your mother down." I heard Klaus talk but I was still in a state of shock, not only about meeting Julian but the fact that how quickly he was finding a solution to fix my mom. "Are you okay?" Klaus looked at me with worried eyes, as he cupped my face.

"Yeah, just I met my grandfather for the first time, mom don't really talk about him..." I was just trying to digest it all I guess, I mean my biological family was messed up, my grandmother was a psycho, and now I met my grandfather and he was like this knight in shining armour who going to save the day.

"Julian and I may have not seen eye to eye in the past, but when it comes down to your mother he will move heaven and earth to make sure that she is safe." With hearing that from Klaus I felt confident that Julian was going to find a way to save my mom from this fate, she hated being human, it killed me to see all that sorrow in her eyes when she admit it. I just want her to be happy, I want both of my parents to be happy and if Julian can somehow do that, then I pray it all goes well.

"So there hope then?" It was more of a statement rather than a question, a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Yes sweetheart, there is." He leans into kiss me, all those fears I had been feeling today just melted away.

"Isabella..." I heard my mom voice, I broke away from Klaus and there she was with widen eyes looking at us, all I felt was my heart wanted to literally jump out of my chest. "What the hell!" She yelled at her top of her lung, as she strides towards us with rage filling her face. This wasn't the way I want her to find out, this going to end so badly.

"Mom..." I stood in front of Klaus stopping her from doing anything she might regret. "It's not—" I began to say but she didn't even let me finish talking.

"This is the guy? Nic is the guy?" Her voice was still raised, if she carried on like this she going to end up having a stroke or something I needed her to calm down. Klaus tried to approach her but she pushed his away, making him stumble back a step. "Nic don't you dare!" I could see she was upset as her voice broke as she yelled at him, this was the last thing I wanted right now, not only for me but for my mom she was under so much pressure right now.

"I'll leave you to speak to your mother." He kisses my cheek, then walks away, while mom stood there glaring at him, I needed to explain to her, or at least clam her down.

"Mom, I've been—" Once again she stopped me from talking, I think it's going to be her doing the talking not me.

"How long has this been going on?" She asked as she began to pace while running her fingers through her hair, how was I meant to tell her that this had been going on for a while. I was trying to think of a way to say this without her losing it with me. "Isabella!" She yelled my name once again, all I was doing is enraging her more, right now am so grateful she's not going all dimidium sanguine on me, I know that terrible thing to say.

"About six months...." She looked at me with disappointment, a look I never want to see from her, she shook her head and starts to walk away. I couldn't leave it like this between us, I didn't want her to hate me. "Mom, please hear me out." I stopped her from going any further, I needed her to hear me out. "I know this all seems weird, and that you're upset finding out this way, but Klaus is the person I want to be with." She stood there shaking her head, there wasn't of anger anymore it was more of sorrow, her feeling were hurt I understood that, I understood that all this was messed up, but I can't help who I fell for.

"I really don't know how much more I can take." She covered her face with her hands, I didn't know if she was about to burst into tears or something. She moved then away and looked at me intensely for a long moment. "His a THOUSAND year old VAMPIRE Isabella, and your—" She began to say but now I was the one who was getting angry.

"Am in love with him!" Her eyes widen as soon as the words come out of my mouth, I couldn't believe I said but at the same time I felt a sense of relief. "Mom..." I approached her, as she stood there looking utterly speechless from what I had told her, but it was all this truth I wasn't going to hide it no longer. "I love and respect you more than anything in this world, you're not only my mom, but your my best friend, I love the fact that I can came to you about anything and you be there with open arms and words of wisdom." I could see her eye beginning to tear up, I know I didn't come to her and tell her about Klaus, and maybe I should have told her. I can't change the past, but I didn't want to lose what I had with my mom over this. "Believe me keeping this from you was the hardest thing I've ever had to do." Tears began to flow down her cheek, I couldn't hold my back, it killed me to see that I upset her so much, that something I never wanted. "You told me I will find my knight in shining armor, well I have." A small smile appeared on her face, as she wiped away her tears, then she gently wiped away my tears.

"I know of Nic good side, I know his a very caring man, it's just..." She looked at me for long moment, I wish I knew what she was thinking right now, but it seems that she had calmed down a little. "You know your dad literally going to kill him?" She spoke with slight seriousness in her voice, which worried me.

"He doesn't have the white oak stake?" I spoke with panic in my voice, what if he did? I know my dad he wouldn't hesitate in killing Klaus and if he did that it would destroy me.

"No, I've got it in safe keeping." That didn't make me feel any better, what if she decide to do it herself?

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" Once again I spoke with fear, my mom was just as unpredictable as my dad. She stood there chuckling, before embracing me into a hug.

"No am not going to kill him." She spoke confidently, did everything I just told her sink in, that I didn't mean for any of this to happen, that it just did. She pulled away from me and I didn't know how to read her right now, was she angry beneath the surface, or was she actually okay?

"So what now? I mean you know how I feel about him, I know you can't keep this from dad and world war three going to breakout." I didn't know if I was ready for that, my dad won't be as easy to calm down, his vampire natural instinct will kick in and it's not even about what dad would do with Klaus, it was more what Klaus will do as he was a lot older.

"No world war three will happen." She kissed me on the forehead. "I promise. Let's take baby steps for now. Okay" My mom's words made me feel better, I knew she would stand by me through this and she be able to calm my dad down somehow. "I just have to pick the right time to tell your dad that you're dating the guy he hates with a passion—" She turned to me with a smile. "—while making sure no sharp objects are around." Just hearing that it terrified me, I didn't want anyone I cared about getting hurt. "I'm kidding with you Isabella, sweetie. What I've learnt in the last few days is you don't know what going to happen round the next corner. I believe that you should live for the moment, follow your heart, most important be happy, if Nic is the person you want to be with. Then am not going to allow anything to stop my daughter's happiness." In that moment I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.

Damon P.O.V

Stefan left me with food for thought, yeah this life he put in my mind felt unrealistic that I think I wouldn't do any of those thing, but what if all that did happen? What if I drove Siena away into another man's arms because of a stupid mistake I might make? Siena was right I hadn't thought about any of the consequences of becoming human and it had been made abundantly clear to me that it wasn't going to be a fairytale ride. There was more to this than just Siena, I was going to give up everything I am for her, there was no guarantee that we would last, was I ready to give up something I've loved for 148 years, for another thing I know I can't live without? That was the huge question hanging over my head right now. Stefan spoke about how we were time was short before the wedding started, I told him to go ahead which left him a little displease. Well he was the one who put all of these thoughts into my head, he opened my eyes to a world that might become reality. It wasn't only down to him Siena told him to be this harsh with me. Knowing that the two people who I thought had my back could be so cruel hurt me in more ways than one.

I stayed behind and even in my own thoughts I didn't know what was best of me, it was like a conflict with my heart and head. Would I ever find someone who I love unconditionally like Siena? Then it was would I feel this alive being human, I talk about how I hated Stefan for making me complete transition, when in fact I should of thanked him. Becoming a vampire made me into the person I was today, the person whom I loved, I liked the fact that I could do crazy thing, be reckless, to be youthful for all eternity. I can't see myself old and grey with back pains, sitting on some porch like I am now. As much as it was going to kill me not having Siena in my life, I couldn't be the person she needed, she right I would end up resenting her, I would be miserable. I was broken out of my thought by something coming towards me, I knew what it was, it was the stupid kid and his goddamn ball. I caught it in my hands, that when my frustration grew even more, I walked over to the boy, where I crushed his ball in my hands right in front of him.

"You ruined my ball!" The little brat whined, he was lucky that it was the ball not his head, this was all wrong this wasn't what I wanted, bratty kids kicking balls at me, stupid neighbours interfering.

"Well, you're lucky I didn't ruin your face!" I stared at the boy in the eyes and compels him. "Go inside, get the car keys from your mommy. I'm going to a wedding." The boy walks away and a car comes up and pulls into the driveway several houses down. "On second thought..." The old man gets out of the car and opens the passenger door his wife so she can get out.

In that one moment when I stood there listening to this old couple talk, and how even after all the years that had passed they were still very much in love with one another, it changed something in me. I was so focused on what Stefan put in my head, how I was going to fail, when in truth I wouldn't fail, that even if I do have only seven years with Siena, or 50 years, it would be worth it because it's with her. That it would give my life purpose on this earth, I could walk this earth for another 148 years and not come even close to having something like this again, so why am I allowing my fears stop me wanting what I want. I wasn't doing this for Siena, I wasn't doing this for anyone, I was going to do this for me, because I would rather live a life with purpose than live one without.

With my decision made I got the keys from the kid and made my way back, the closer I was getting back home the more I knew this was right. No fear, no doubts, no nothing, my future was with her no matter how long it lasted. Siena asked me twice if this was going to be forever, and I promised her that it was, forever isn't defined in a length of time meaning eternity. The choices you make now, the people you surround yourself with, they all have the potential to affect your life, even who you are, forever. Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there. The truth about forever is that it is happening right now, I wasn't going to waste another moment of it. When I arrived I avoided pretty much everyone, because the first person I wanted to talk to was Siena, not that anyone would change my mind. I got changed amazingly quickly and went looking for her, when I did find her she was looking even more beautiful than I remembered her to be, arranging the flowers by the altar. Siena was a true vision of beauty and I knew right now looking at her that my final decision was the right one, I've lived a hundred lives, but to have just one when it just her and none of this supernatural world is good way to end it all. I began to walk towards her and she turned around, there was look of surprise, I could hear her heart pounding as I walked slowly towards her.

"Hi." She spoke shyly as she approached me meeting me half way, she was nervous I could tell, her heart rate was higher than normal, I guess Stefan had given her a rundown of how things went.

"Isn't a bridesmaid's dress supposed to make you look like a freak of nature?" I asked as I move a curl of her hair from her face, she was a vision of beauty, something I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever have, Siena wasn't only beautiful on the outside but soul was too, I wasn't going to lose something so special for nothing in this world, even eternal youth.

"Uh, Jo went easy on me." She smiles as she gave me a little twirl, but then the smile faded as we locked eyes with one another. "I talked to Stefan." There was sorrow in her voice as she spoke, maybe Siena regretted in telling Stefan to push on me, well it didn't work because I knew who I was doing this for.

"He did not go easy on me. Apparently that's your fault. His argument was pretty convincing. I'd made up my mind... " I watched as Siena's face shows a little sadness. "But then..." I wouldn't help but smile as I reflected back on what I saw with the old couple, the one thing that made me realize what I wanted from my life. Strange to think that people who mattered to me didn't get through to me, but two complete stranger getting on with their everyday life, made me come to terms with what I want. "I'm taking it. I've been a vampire for a long time, Siena. It's been a blast. I would give it up in a second to be the husband you deserve." She stood there with his beaming smile on her face, that just made everything I went through today worth it. "Your partner, a real father to our kids..." Before I could finish what I was saying Siena jumped in.

"You can't take it just for me." She spoke worried, but this wasn't for her, this was for us, I know in my heart that I couldn't live a life without her, as much as she couldn't live a life without me. We both lost one another already and I went through hell and so did she, there was nothing that was going to keep us apart, if our time together is a year, ten years, thirty year, whatever length of time it would be worth it being by her side.

"That's what you and Stefan keep saying, but you're wrong. I can. I can take it for us. Okay?" Siena looked like she is about to cry, but she needed to hear me out this was what I wanted. "Because even if it doesn't work, even if it all goes to hell, even if I'm miserable and alone, the smallest chance of a perfect life with you is infinitely better than an immortal one without you. And I know this, Siena. I love you... and I will love you until I take my last breath on this earth." She stood there and gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me, I cupped her face into my hands and leaned in and kissed her.

Things got a little heated from that moment onwards, kissing her neck a wave of pure pleasure runs through my entire body. Her perfume is intoxicating. As I kiss my way gently up her neck to lips that taste of cherry, the scenery disappears and I am lost in this moment. I held her tightly in my arms and brought her somewhere more private to have a little celebration. The rest of his world became an unimportant blur that was banished into the far recesses of my mind. The only thing that mattered was touching her more, kissing her mouth, her stomach, her breasts. I tried to be gentle with her clothing, not to rip the lace, but it was hard. I whispered her name as our bodies touched slowly, we became entwined, our hearts fusing into one, while our bodies moved to the rhythmic sounds of the murmurs of sweet nonsense in our ears. My tongue carved every inch of Siena body like a chisel, knowing that she was all mine and that all that mattered to me. We just finished making love in a pile of hay, with only a horse blanket over us.

"Um, I think it's starting." I spoke as I continue to kiss her delicate neck, while she shuddered, I always knew where her soft spot was, but she pulls me away from her with a worried look in her eyes.

"What? No! What time is it?" She looks at her phone and sees five missed phone calls and even more text messages from Caroline. "Oh my god. No, no, no, no, we're so late." Siena literally jumped up starting to put her clothes on, she looked adorable as she tried to rush around searching for her clothes.

"Well, you're the one who couldn't keep your paws off me." I told her smugly as I laid there watching her, she shot me a look while fighting a smile.

"Damon, put your tux back on." She threw my shirt at me, I guess it wasn't the time to be teasing her right now about my super speed, I recall that was the one thing she was always envious of.

"I am, I am." I couldn't help but laugh at her while we both got dressed. Once we were finished, we make our way downstairs. Isabella was waiting in the wedding room when we walk in, and she gives us a very unamused look.

"Well, I hope it was worth it." She asked as she looked between us, while Siena picked a piece of straw out of my hair. The one thing I love to do was wind up Isabella especially when it came to stuff like this, she clearly knew what we were up to, I loved to tease her.

"Actually..." I began to say, Isabella scrunched up her face and held both of her hands up, while Siena nudged me to stop.

"Ick, gross!" She shudder before pushing the both of us towards the entrance where the others were waiting. "Ohh, just go, go. Go, go, go." I tried to stop myself from chuckling because I knew I had to be serious now, or Jo would stake me before I could even turn human. We began to make our way down the aisle to start the wedding, with link arms, but when we realize that we were are in the wrong order, we quickly switch places. We finally make it to the altar, where we took our places on each side. I moves to stand behind Ric, he brushed up pretty well, looked nervous as hell, I remember how that felt, but once he see Jo that will all fade away.

"And so?" Ric whispered to me, I knew that he had been worrying about it all day, might as well let him be the first to know.

"Looks like I'm joining the human club!" I glance over at Siena smiling as she stood cross the aisle. "It's a big night for both of us." Just that smile alone was worth giving all this up, there was no going back and there was no need to, because I found my home, she was always that, immortal or human that what Siena was for me.

"I'm proud of you." I couldn't help but smile, because I think he knew that I was doing all this for the right reason, that I had the time to think, this was what I wanted.

"You, too, buddy." The music began and Jo began to walk down the aisle, escorted by her father, everyone turns to watch them meet Ric. Once everyone is in position, the Reverend begins his homily. I could tell that Ric was stunned speechless by the sight of Jo, and they both beam at each other, I was happy that he finally found the same happiness that I had. He deserved it with all the crap that he had been through, looks like everyone getting what they always wanted.

"Welcome, family and friends, on this magical evening to the wedding of Alaric Saltzman and Josette Loughlin. Josette and Alaric have prepared their own vows." This she be entertaining, I knew Ric was having a little trouble finding the right words, I did try and help but apparently my version might offend the women in the room.

"Ahem." Ric clears his throat nervously, I don't blame him feeling like that, I was nervous as hell when I had to say mine. "Neither one of us should be here right now. We've spend our life dodging fate and beating the odds." I looked over at Siena who was watching Ric intensely with tear-filled eyes, I didn't know why women get emotional at wedding I guess that one of life mysteries I will never know. " But, because we did, I got to meet you, the most beautiful, hilarious and intimidatingly brilliant woman I have ever known. You inspire me, you've shown me that happiness is actually something that I can have in my life. And so..." He grabs the ring from Tyler. "I promise to be with you, and love you, and to dodge fate with you—" He puts the ring on Jo's finger. "-- for the rest of our lives." Jo begins to cry, like most of the bridesmaids were, I guess Ric words were very touching.

"Josette?" She looked at him while wiping away her tears.

"Oh god, that's a tough act to follow." Everyone laughs. "Here it goes-- Alaric Saltzman, you are..." She stops suddenly and gasps loudly, looking weak and in pain, what the hell was wrong with her?

"Jo? Jo? Jo? Oh my god. Jo? Jo? Jo?" Ric spoke in a panic, while Jo starts to sway on her feet as blood begins to pour from the front of her dress, what the hell was going on? "Jo? Oh god, no!" I looked over at Siena who had Isabella by her side looking terrified as they were witnessing all this.

"Aah! Aah!" Jo falls forward and is caught by Ric, I looked up to see Kai was standing behind her with a bloody hunting knife in his hands. "No! No, no, no, no." I stood there with my mouth gaping open.

"I was gonna wait 'til the "death do us apart" bit, but it seemed a little on the nose. Am I right?" Ric was on his knees on the ground now, and he's holding Jo, who is white as a ghost and looks as though she's in bad shape. Joshua stands up from his seat and rushes toward them, but Kai holds up a hand, magically creating a high-pitched noise that incapacitates everyone at the ceremony, I covered my ears, screaming in pain as Kai smiles gleefully. "Miss me? No? Oh well." I looked up to see him walking towards where Siena and Isabella were standing. "There you are." He spoke as he looks at Isabella. "Oh you really have this coming to you." The noise Kai has magically created is so powerful that all of the glasses and windows shatter, I tried to get up but the high patchiness of the noise was disabling me.

"Isabella!!" I heard Siena scream, I turned to see Siena knocking her out of the way so Kai couldn't hurt her. When Siena makes impact she slammed her head against the ground knocking unconscious. The noise stopped and I rushed over to her, desperately pulling her up onto my lap, she was limp barely breathing. I looked around all I could see is that the wedding ceremony had erupted into chaos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 12.2K 37
"Don't call me kitten, Damon." "Okay, kitten." "I will literally set you on fire." ...
225K 3.4K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...
649K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...