Infinity | B. Barnes

Af legoellis

Y/n's life was turned upside down when she was taken hostage by HYDRA. After almost a year in captivity, and... Mere

Playlist
The breakout
Undercover in Lagos
The Sokovia Accords
The Winter Soldier
Caught red handed
Ready to comply?
Antman?
Everyone's got a gimmick now
Division
Betrayal
Divided we fall
The rescue
I just feel you
It's not hopeless
You are free
Thanos?
Home
In the name of love
The Endgame
The aftermath
A moment of normality
Androids, aliens and wizards
Caps wingmen
Couples therapy
Baron Zemo
Midnight
The party
The Lab
Turkish delight
Looking strong, John!
The whole world is watching
You shouldnt have done that
Justice
Peace
The beginning of the end
You had one job
Captain America
Peace

The white wolf

712 16 13
Af legoellis

Y/n sat on the red seat of a military plane, donned in her tactical suit. Silence filled the large space of the area that they were sat in, the tensions were still high between Sam and Bucky.

Y/n glanced down at her legs, realising that she had been absentmindedly fiddling with the leather strap of her holster. She has a gun strapped to her thigh, even though she doesn't need it and never does. Everyone always insists on her having one, just in case. In case of what? She's still not sure.

Nat and Steve were the first to suggest it, and now Bucky won't let her leave for missions without one.

Y/n ran her index finger along the seam of her tactical suit. Tony had made her a new one since the blip, he said that her new found powers should feature. So she had blue accents to her once complete black suit. And if she was being honest, she liked it. It made her feel like she stood out as her own hero, her own person.

Though deep down she felt a sense of uneasiness. The last time she wore a suit like this, it wasn't great. She thought she lost Bucky, they lost against thanos, she got blipped and they lost vision.

She took in a deep breath and shifted slightly in her seat, the memories of that time haunted her. She felt a rise of anxiety. She shifted again and started to bounce her left leg. The feeling of anxiety was always uncomfortable and unwelcome.

She tried to stare straight ahead and distract herself, but her heart rate continued to rise. It had been 6 months since her last battle. Since they fought Thanos. She knew she had to be ready, that she had to be focused and in the right mindset. But her thoughts kept racing. Running over every single thing that could go wrong.

A weight landed on her left leg, causing her to stop jolting it up and down. She glanced down and saw Bucky's hand resting upon her thigh. He squeezed her leg gently to let her know he was there for her.

Y/n glanced over at him and locked onto his eyes, she gave him a light smile to show him her gratitude. Her heart rate began to slow, the feeling of Bucky's hand on her thigh acting as an anchor, bringing her back down to reality.

Joaquin Torres then descended a ladder that led to the cockpit of the plane. "One minute to drop off, Sam." He said as he walked past them.

Sam was sitting in the row of chairs across from Bucky and y/n. The pair of men were still fighting with each other.

Sams squinted his eyes at Bucky and leaned forward, which led Bucky to do the same thing. Y/n glanced back and forth between the pair with her brows furrowed. They were having a staring contest.

After a moment, Sam quickly stood and broke eye contact with Bucky. He walked over to a large crate in the center of the plane. Bucky gently squeezed y/n's thigh before he let go and quickly stood as well, following after Sam.

Y/n sighed and threw her head back against the chair. She misses Steve.

"So what's our plan?" Bucky asked

Sam didn't say anything, he stared at Bucky silently as he placed his earpiece into his ear.

"Great. So no plan." Bucky said in frustration as he walked back over and sat down next to y/n again. His hand automatically landed back on her leg.

"Thirty seconds!" Torres yelled from the open door of the plane.

"Enjoy your ride, Buck." Sam said

"No, you can't call me that." Bucky stated

"Why not? That's what Steve called you." Sam said

"Steve knew me longer, and Steve had a plan." Bucky said

"Fifteen seconds to drop." Torres called again

"I have a plan." Sam said as he began to walk over to the open door

"Really?" Bucky Said as he stood up again, following after Sam. "What is it?"

Sam Said nothing as he put his goggles on and jumped out of the open door. Disappearing from view.

"Great." Bucky muttered. "Where's the chute?"

"We're at 200 feet. It's too low for a chute." Torres said

Y/n stood up from her seat, but before she could say anything, Bucky was storming towards the plane door. "I don't need it anyway." He said

He stopped at the open door and looked down. "You sure about that?" Torres asked.

Y/n grabbed an earpiece from the large crate where they had been placed before she quickly began to walk towards the open door of the plane as well.

"Yeah." Bucky Said. He then proceeded to ripp the left arm of his sleeve off, Showing his metal arm.

"Bucky!" Y/n called out to him. She reached his side just as he leapt out of the plane door, yelling as he fell towards the ground.

"Bucky! For goodness sake. He couldn't have waited." She sighed as she looked out of the open door.

"Are you gonna jump too?" Torres asked her

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Thanks for the ride." She said before she turned and leapt out of the open door after Bucky.

The wind rushed past her ears as she fell towards the ground. It wasn't the first time that she had fallen this far, she'd probably fallen further but she'd never jumped out of a plane before. Before she was taken by hydra and given powers, she never would have been able to do this.

The trees rushed towards her as she fell towards the ground. Once the tops of the trees entered her vision she began to slow herself down, using her powers to slow her fall.

Y/n landed gently on the forest floor, bending her knees slightly as her feet touched the ground.

She glanced around her once she had landed, she was completely surrounded by trees, she couldn't see Bucky anywhere. Obviously she had fallen further away than he had. But she couldn't help the way her heart rate picked up in her chest.

Glancing around at the woods that surrounded her, unwanted memories began to surface. Images of Bucky turning to dust, vanishing before her eyes began to flicker in her mind. Like unwanted pop up ads.

Her breathing became shallow and harsh and she glanced around in a circle, he couldn't be gone again. He wasn't gone. The snap hadn't happened again. But then her mind began to spiral. Because she didn't know it would happen the first time. So what would stop it from happening again, at any moment he could be taken from her again.

Or she could vanish without notice...and what if she didn't come back. She began to hyperventilate as she glanced around at the trees.

"I have all of that on camera. You know that, right?" Y/n heard sam's voice speak over the earpiece she had placed in her ear

"Get out of my face, Sam, or I'll break it." Bucky. He was ok. Of course he was. Y/n let out a shaky breath in relief as she reached out for him with her powers.

She could feel his familiar presence, a comfortable feeling that pulled on her heart, drawing her towards him.

He wasn't far away, only a couple of meters. She quickly began to walk through the forest towards him. She stumbled slightly on a root, her legs were shaking slightly from the high amount of adrenaline she had just received. Coming down from a panic attack was always uncomfortable.

Y/n finally laid eyes on Bucky, he was lying sprawled out across the ground. Y/n felt herself relax further at the sight of him. She took a deep breath in and relaxed her muscles.

"You couldn't have waited?" She asked as she walked over to him and stood at his side, glancing down at him.

"Sorry..." Bucky Said. Y/n Held her hand out to him, he grabbed her hand and allowed her to aid him in standing up. Even though they were both aware that he didn't need the help.

"You do remember that I can move things with my mind, right? That includes you." Y/n stated as Bucky stood in front of her. She began to brush off leaves and bits of dirt from his clothes.

"Yeah, I know. I wasn't thinking...I was just.." he started to say, but y/n knew what he meant.

"You were just trying to catch up to Sam, I know." She said

Y/n then placed both her hands on his face, cupping his cheeks gently as she looked up at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" He asked her

"Yeah, of course I am." She mustered up a smile.

A whooshing sound appeared overhead as Redwing dropped down to their eye level. "All right love birds, be professional. Head north. Come on." Sam's voice said

"We're on our way, Sam." Y/n said as she let go of Bucky and began to head north. Bucky quickly followed after her and easily matched her steps.

Through the trees an old, stone building became visible. Y/n assumed that's where Sam would be. It was definitely abandoned, so a great place for a group of weirdly strong people to be hiding out.

Y/n and Bucky began to jog over to the building. The pair quickly entered it and began to look around. The place was very run down. The walls were falling apart, there were holes everywhere. The blue, cloudy sky peaked through the gaps in the ceiling.

There was graffiti on the walls and the floor was damp and covered in leaves and rubble. It definitely hadn't been used in a long time.

Y/n and Bucky began to make their way through the abandoned building, redwing was following them as they walked. Y/n could hear the quiet buzzing of the machinery.

Bucky spotted redwing and swatted irritatedly at it, but redwing swerved away from his hand.

"Oh-ho-ho. Don't hurt him." Sam said

Finally, the y/n spotted Sam. He was stood in the building they had just entered and was looking down at the control pad on his arm.

"You're doing the starring thing again." Sam said as Bucky and y/n stood next to him.

Y/n glanced over at Bucky and saw that he was staring across the room without blinking. He did have a habit of staring sometimes, but y/n didn't mind at all. Even when she caught him staring at her and looked over at him, he didn't blink or look away. He was completely unfazed by getting caught staring by her.

"They're in there." Sam gestured with his head. On Sam's control panel that rested on his wrist, there was video footage of what redwing was currently seeing. The people who they had come for were picking up crates and putting them onto trucks.

"Where's the guy?" Bucky asked

"I don't know. I think they're smuggling weapons, though." Sam said

"Well, I think you could be right." Bucky stated

"Hmm" Sam hummed

"But there's only one way to find out. I see a clear path. I say we take it." Bucky said. He went to move but Sam quickly stopped him.

"We're not assassins." Sam stated

"I'll see you inside or not." Bucky replied. He then stormed off towards the group

"Hey, come on, man. I'm just messing with you. Come back." Sam called after him.

Y/n watched Bucky storm off with furrowed brows. Well, this mission was going just great so far, not.

"Sam." Y/n chastised him.

"What? I'm just messing with him." Sam said

Y/n raised her eyebrow and gave him a look that made her look like a disappointed parent.

"So...you and Bucky, huh?" Sam joked lightly

"Can we talk about that after the mission, please." Y/n asked him

"Yah, yeah. Alright." Sam chuckled.

Y/n turned and stared in the direction that Bucky went in, she then turned back to Sam and gave him a small smile before she followed after Bucky.

Y/n jogged on quiet feet behind Bucky, trying to catch up to him. He had a very long stride when he wanted to. Actually, all the time.

"Buck!" Y/n whisper yelled to him. Bucky slowed down and turned to look at her.

He gave her a small smile and allowed her to catch up. The pair then walked together quietly.

"Look at you. All stealthy." Sam chuckled at Bucky over the radio. "A little time in Wakanda and you come out white panther."

"It's actually white wolf." Bucky corrected him. Y/n smirked lightly, she really liked that nickname.

"Huh?" Sam asked

Bucky and y/n carefully came around the corner and entered the room that the group was in. Bucky walked over to a shelf that was holding some supply boxes and duct down behind it.

Y/n followed him and ducked down behind the shelf next to him. "All right, I'm inside. Therefore, way ahead of you. It's not great, but very doable." Bucky said to Sam over the radio

Y/n held in her laughter as Sam sidled up next to her, looking out at the group as well.

Bucky glanced over at him with a confused look on his face "huh?". he looked behind Sam before glancing back at him, wondering where he had come from and how he got here so fast.

"Hello. How are you?" Bucky asked him exasperatedly

"Goo. What did I miss? Nothing." Sam said. Y/n covered her mouth with her hand, trying not to laugh at the pair.

"All right, let's go." Bucky went to move out from behind the shelf.

"No, wait." Sam said

"I got a vibranium arm. I can take them." Bucky stated, lifting his metal arm up in the air for exaggeration.

"And I can fly. Who gives a shit? Wait. I want to see where they're going." Sam stayed

Y/n smirked and held up her hand, allowing her blue power to appear out of the palm of her hand. "Hello. Why don't you two stay here, and I'll take them." Y/n joked

"All right, hot shot. Enough with the light show." Sam stated as he grabbed her wrist and lowered it. Y/n quickly shut off her powers.

"Sorry." She whispered jokingly

"There's two people." Bucky pointed exasperatedly

"You only see two?" Sam asked

"That's what I saw." Bucky replied

"Let me see what Redwing sees." Sam said

"All right." Bucky quickly replied

"Let's see what redwing..." Sam held his wrist up so y/n and Bucky could see Redwing's camera feed.

"Oh, look at that. How many people you see now? One, two...oh, here it comes again." Sam said. Bucky sighed exasperatedly at Sam

"Four." Bucky Said

"Yeah." Sam agreed

"Five." They both said

"So they're strong. Whatever." Bucky said, they watched as the people picked up the last crates to put them on the truck. "All right, let's go." Bucky said urgently

"No, no, wait." Sam reached over to grab Bucky, but he accidentally hit something, causing it to clatter to the ground loudly.

"Shit." Sam said quietly as Bucky shushed him. The three of them crouched down to avoid being seen.

Y/n held her breath as a couple of them turned around to see what the noise was. "All right, let's move." A woman said, clearly not thinking anyone was there.

Y/n let out a small sigh of relief. "See, this is what happens when you act like children. I wish Nat was here." Y/n muttered

Sam tapped on the control pad that was on his arm, y/n glanced over to see what he was doing.

"There's an eighth person. I think they have a hostage." Sam said, Bucky turned to face him with a grim expression before he took off running.

Sam quickly followed after him and expounded his wings, flying upwards and out of the building. Y/n sighed and ran out of the room, she used her powers to push herself off of the ground.

Y/n squinted as she exited the building, even though the sky was now a dull gray, it was still brighter than it was inside.

Two red trucks were driving down the road. Y/n spotted Bucky jumping up onto the first one and kicking open the door, he was determined to rescue the hostage. As was y/n. The both of them understood what it was like to be held against your will.

"They're stealing medicine. Vaccines." Bucky said over the radio

Y/n and Sam stayed above the trucks, flying alongside them. "Bucky, talk to me. What's goin' on?" Sam asked

"Found the hostage." Bucky said

After a moment, Bucky came flying out from the truck. He crashed into the front window of the truck behind it, breaking the glass on impact. He quickly grabbed onto the top of the truck to stop himself from falling onto the road.

"Shit." Bucky said. Y/n spotted two people walking along the top of the truck that Bucky was hanging off of.

Bucky turned to try and pull himself up but the two people reached down and grabbed his arms, pulling him up onto the top of the truck. They held Bucky by his arms as the supposed "hostage" jumped out of the other truck and landed in front of Bucky.

The masked person leapt up and punched Bucky in the face. Y/n felt anger bubbling in her chest. Absolutely not.

She began to descend quickly, flying down towards the trucks. Sam sent redwing in and he began to shoot at them, but the person in the mask ran over and jumped up, grabbing redwing and snapping it over her knee.

"I always wanted to do that." Y/n heard Bucky say.

She landed on the roof of the truck heavily, banging her boots on the metal roof. She couldn't be bothered to soften her landing.

The masked people jumped and stared at her. She created balls of energy in the palms of her hand and cocked her head at them, holding her hands by her side as she glared at them.

"Let go of him." She spat out before throwing her hand out and hitting the one who had punched him. She recognised the person to be the one in the picture that Sam had shown them.

their eyes widened as they tumbled, they fell off the side of the truck but held on. the masked person heaved themselves back up.

Once they stood back up again, Sam came flying in and rammed into their chest using his feet. Knocking the person down again.

Y/n then turned her attention to the two people who were holding Bucky. Sam engaged the person in a fight as she quickly walked past.

"Good of you to join the fight, sam!" Bucky said

Bucky kicked the legs of one of the people who were holding him. Y/n walked quickly over, she created balls of energy in her fists again, swirling the blue power around her fingers.

"I'll give you one chance." Y/n stated. The masked people stared at her but didn't move, they didn't let Bucky go. "Okay. Have it your way then." She said

Y/n raised both her hands towards them and instead of using her blue powers, she opted for her telekinesis. She threw the two people to the ground, forcing them to let go of Bucky.

"Thanks, doll!" Bucky called to her, he had a proud look in his eyes.

"No problem, love." She replied, giving him a smile before she turned back to the fight.

Y/n noticed that Sam had been thrown over to the other truck. The two vehicles were now driving side by side. Two men had held Sam down while another one stood over him.

Y/n went to jump over and help him when a strange noise caught her attention. The noise of a helicopter hummed in the distance, the whirring grew louder until a very familiar shield shot out and hit the person who was standing over Sam.

It was Steve's shield, y/n felt like someone had stuck a knife in her heart, twisted it, and then pulled it out again.

A man jumped out of the helicopter dressed in a blue uniform. It was none other than John Walker.

Another man on a wire swung in, attached to the helicopter, and crashed into one of the masked people. Knocking them over and causing them to hold onto the side.

Walker threw his shield at one of the people who were holding down Sam and then he threw it at a masked person who was behind Bucky. Y/n hadn't noticed that they had gotten back up again.

The man who was hanging from the helicopter landed on the truck next to Walker and gave him a fistbump, y/n sighed and shook her head lightly.

"Sam. John Walker, Captain America." The man called out, introducing himself like they didn't already know that.

"No, you're not." Y/n muttered

"Lemar Hoskins. Looks like you guys could use some help." The man next to Walker said

"No, we're fine." Y/n called out as she used her powers to throw away a masked person who had been trying to sneak up on her. She kept eye contact with Walker as the masked person went flying off of the truck.

Y/n quickly turned around and glanced at the person falling towards the road, she raised her hand and eased their fall, she didn't want to kill anyone.

She turned back around and saw that Walker and Lemar had engaged the leader again.

From beside her, Sam tried to take off but one of the people held onto his leg, stopping him from moving. Bucky leapt across the two vehicles to help him.

Bucky engaged one of the men while Sam fought off the other. Another super soldier cornered y/n, keeping her away from Sam and Bucky.

She was very close to the back of the truck, she glanced back quickly and saw that the heels of her boots were almost touching the edge. The man threw a punch when she wasn't looking, but she quickly turned around and held her hand out, stopping him mid air.

Y/n then noticed something in her peripheral vision, it was Bucky. He had been pushed by one of the masked people and they had knocked him down. He was holding onto the side of the truck but he couldn't hold on. He slid down and out of her view.

"Bucky!" Y/n called out to him, she felt her heart drop when she couldn't see him.

The trucks separated and she saw that he was hanging on to the bottom of the truck, his head was right next to the wheel. She was glad he hadn't completely fallen off, but seeing that didn't make her feel much better.

Y/n then spotted a massive sign heading towards them, she quickly dropped down and landed on her front, allowing the sign to pass over her. The sign was broken by the two super soldiers who Sam and y/n were fighting.

Y/n noticed Sam trying to fly between the two trucks to get to Bucky. But they quickly closed the gap, not leaving him enough room to get through.

"That little girl kicked your ass." Sam called to Bucky from below.

Y/n heard Bucky yell incomprehensibly at him.

Y/n saw John Walker hanging off the back of the truck. His friend was being held in a chokehold by a super soldier.

Y/n then noticed Sam and Bucky tumble into a field of yellow flowers, they rolled across the ground and disappeared from view. At least they were ok.

John Walker's friend, Lemar, was then pushed off the side of the truck. Y/n went to hold her hand out to ease his fall but Walker threw the shield and caught him. Almost using it like a sled.

Now it was just Walker and y/n. She turned to one of the masked people and they threw a punch at her, she stopped their hand and they tried to punch her with their other hand. Which again, she stopped.

Y/n was holding back both of the person's hands as they pushed with all their weight against her. She was so preoccupied with holding this person back that she didn't notice the other person sneaking up behind her. By the time she realised that they were there it was too late.

They swung their fist at the side of her head as hard as they could, and considering that they were all clearly supersoldiers, it was pretty hard.

Y/n's vision blurred and her ears rang as she stumbled, accidentally letting go of the person whose fists she had been stopping.

Using her moment of disorientation, one of them grabbed her by her shoulders and pushed her as hard. Her feet left the safety of the ground and she went flying, but not in the way she usually would.

Her head spun as she rushed towards the ground, she couldn't catch her bearings. She was going to crash.

The last thing y/n saw was the hard tarmac, before the world faded and she fell out of consciousness.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

10.6K 510 17
▌ˏ'୭̥ *ೃ ✧ 𝒐𝒐𝒊. ᎒〔 𝓛𝙰𝙳𝚈 𝓣𝙸𝙶𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚂 ! 〕 ↳ 레이디 타이 그레스 ❝ 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎...
678K 17.5K 67
BOOK ONE OF THE TONY STARK'S DAUGHTER SERIES (OCxLoki) ~ "I can't remember who I am... who I was! Do you know how that feels!?" I exclaimed with tear...
85.9K 2.8K 26
"I kneel into a dream where I am good and loved. I am loved. My hands have made some good mistakes. They can always make better ones." - Natalie Wee ...
46.4K 1.8K 41
"For only a fraction of a second she felt that their hearts were beating in the same rhythm - the world around them seemed to be frozen again." She m...