The Business Contract

By quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssss‼️‼️

Chapter 23

1.7K 95 3
By quengdem

Trina McMillan POV

It's been about 2 weeks since I've had a proper conversation with Ross. Within the two weeks I've casually went on a few dates with Fred.

Fredrick is handsome, successful, and charming to be with and around. I just can't shake the missing feeling I have around him.

It's like a soft longing deep in my soul for someone else. Like my soul is quietly moaning for Ross. I mean, of course it is! But I'm not talking to him. He has a woman!

Not that I care cause he's not my man. But to say he's into the stereotypical beach blonde is an understatement. But not surprising.

And now sitting on this private jet with him as we fly to Cincinnati in silence is like torture. He has not spoken one word to me, he barely holds my stares when we make eye contact. And on top that all of that he keeps checking his phone or finding reasons to move out of my eyesight.

I should just break the silence right?
Actually, no  I'm gonna let this one ride.

I wonder why Mack didn't come along. It would have been way less quieter.

Sigh!
I'll just put my AirPods in and doze off so my mind can stop racing.

————————————————————
I feel someone shaking my body as I slowly come back to consciousness, opening my eyes from my slumber.

I look up to see Ross peering down at me.

He's saying something.

I pull the earbuds out of my ears.

"Are you finally awake? We've landed." He says in a cold manner.

Is it just me or do I feel a little hostility?

I get up and grab my luggage following him out of the private jet along with Mrs. Janice.

I left Carlie to stay in my place. I trust her to do well.

"Mr. Jacobs, Mrs. McMillan." Our driver announces us as we get off the plane and into the back of the car.

"What's our itinerary?" Ross asks Mrs. Janice.

"Well sir after we get to the hotel you and Miss. McMillan will only have about 40 minutes to wash up and change before you have a dinner meeting with  Mr. Fredrick Connor and company about the potential partnership." She says as she looks at us from over her glasses recognizing the tension.

Clearing her voice she continues.
"After the meeting Mr. Ross your schedules are free until tomorrow."
"If things go well tonight with Fredrick."

"Also your request for meeting with Tektech Inc. was accepted and they'd love for you and Miss Trina to come to their event tomorrow evening at 5pm."

She glanced quickly. "Also a visit to the Cincinnati office wouldn't hurt. So I scheduled for a 9 am surprise visit." She adds.

"Sounds great. Thank you Mrs. Janice."

As the silence falls among us in the car I begin to think.

I mean what did I do so wrong to warrant the cold shoulder. He's the one who's handsome, smiles and flirts with me. And even went as far as to offer me a great job on the spot.

How could a girl like me not fall for that!? Not that I'm falling or whatever. But this is so stupid.

I glance over at him before rolling my eyes and crossing my arms as the driver pulls into the huge hotel parking lot, and around to the door.

Putting the car in park the driver rounds the car to open the door closes to the hotel entrance and we all get out of the car as the bell hoppers come to grab our luggage.
————————————————————

"Okay sir this is my room, I will be at yours and Miss. Trina's in 30 minutes to leave for the dinner." Mrs Janice says to Ross before turning to her room. She was on the phone with her husband.

My room is 607 and Ross' room is 609 how convenient. I roll my eyes to myself.

As we approach our room doors Ross begins to speak which made my heart jump.

"This business meeting is strictly business." He says not even looking at me for more then a glance before walking to his door.

"Wait, what!? That's all you have to say!?" I'm just shocked...

"I just wanted to remind you that this a business trip, this dinner is not a date but a meeting, and that we're not here to mix business with pleasure." He looks at me semi-coldly but with a hint of seriousness.

"You're telling me this as if I don't know that. Besides what me and Freddy does isn't any of Jacobs&Co. business." I snap.

"Yeah? Well I'm telling you as your boss. This is a business trip. Not a vacation to be with your boyfriend." He pauses. "A-and, he's my business partner, as are you apart of my business team. Ju-." He sighs heavily before ending his sentence "just make it less awkward for me." He finishes before looking at me again then entering his room.

I believe I've been standing in the same spot for about six minutes recollecting my thoughts... did I see sadness?

I walk into my room closing the door and sliding down sitting on the floor.

"My head hurts."

————————————————————
Moments later Mrs. Janice is knocking on my door.

"Coming Janice!" I shout before spraying on my favorite perfume "portrait of a lady." Then I stop by the mirror to make sure everything looks great on me.

"You look stunning Trina." I tell myself

I was wearing my off the shoulder copper colored satin dress, that flowed out to my feet and had a slit on the side that came up a bit too high so I pinned it closed. My sister locks were tied up in a curly high bun, my makeup looked natural with a bold smoky eye, and red lipstick. And I wore a simple gold necklace and matching earrings.

Then it hit me... "who am I trying to impress!?" I ask out loud while still admiring myself.

But I know and I don't know. Maybe both of them. Maybe I want to see who's jaw can drop the lowest. Maybe my heart will know.

"Mrs. McMillan are you ready?" I hear Janice again.

I reach for the door opening it up revealing myself to her and Ross who was on the phone but now staring at me in awe as he accidentally drops his phone.

"Yes I am." I smile and her then glance at Ross, my heart flutters.

That's the reaction I wanted it.
————————————————————
A/N: 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🥰

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️

P.s to everyone who is liking my story, commenting, or adding it to your reading list! I'm so thankful!! And for everyone who took the time to read this far thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

-chuu💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 686 8
Work is work, and should never be mixed with pleasure. But I guess Jolene didn't get the memo when she became Mr. Sinclair's assistant... After a pas...
764K 22.6K 55
MATURE CONTENT 18+ "Good girl. Let's see how much you can take." She's a shy bookworm on scholarship, desperate to escape the Mafia. He's Chicago'...
198K 8.1K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...
950K 28K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...