MaAn - Tale Of 2005

Od ShrishtySays

Story Of How destiny brings Anuj And Anupama again in front of each other after 10 years since her marriage... Více

Chapter - I [Tune Jo Naa Kaha]
Chapter - II [Dard Pehle Se Hai Jyada]
Chapter - III [Hasti Rahe Tu Hasti Rahe]
Chapter - IV [Ye Raat Bhi Guzar Jayegi]
Chapter - V [Do Pal Rukaa Khwabon Ka Karwaan]
chapter - VI [MAI HOON SAATH TERE]
Chapter - VII [Yoon Shabnami Pehle Nahi Thi Chandani ]
Chapter - VIII [Kuch To Bata Zindagi]
Chapter - IX [Meri Duniya Hai...Tujhme Kahi]
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter - X [Jiye To Jiye Kaise...Bin Aapke]
Chapter - XI [Jo Tu Mera Humdard Hai]
Chapter - XII [Jeete Hai Chal]
Chapter - XIII [Chupana Bhi Nahi Aata]
Chapter - XIV [Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To]
Chapter - XV [Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye] ~Part - II
Chapter - XVI [Pyaar Hai Yaa Sazaa]
Chapter - XVII [Abhi Na Jao Chodkar]
Chapter - XVIII [Akhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se]
chapter - XIX [Ek Dooje Ke Vaaste]
Chapter - XX [Ye Dil Tum Bin]
Chapter - XXI [ Darlin' you look perfect tonight]
Chapter - XXII [Sab kuch Hi Mitaa denge]
Chapter - XXIII [Sab kuch hi Mitaa denge (Part - II)]
Chapter - XXIV [ Jalte Diye ]

Chapter - XV [Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye] ~Part - 1

1.4K 98 62
Od ShrishtySays

Writer's Note :

Hello Lovely People!!
First Of All,Thankyouu So Much From The Bottom Of My Heart. I am so grateful to each and everyone of you for your lovely comments and appreciation for this story. It is actually your encouragement that has kept me going until today. I am really sorry again for the delay but student life is damn hard to manage. Here is the new chapter for you all!!!!

PS. - This one is really very long so grab your coffee or popcorn, relax and enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nahi Nahi Nahi.......Bilkul Nahi" -

Stood Anupamaa stomping her feet.

"Anu yaar....Isme problem kya hai...Tere paas itna accha idea hai...Aur Anuj teri help hi to maang raha hai...Tu bhaav kyu kha rhi hai..."

Said Devika doing lots of hand gestures to irritate her bestie. Anupamaa looked at her with wide eyes. She stopped it immediately.

"Anupamaa mai 8 mahine se iss project ke liye ideas dhoondh raha hoo...kuch bhi nai pasand aaya . But Your idea is brilliant. Ahemdabad ke restaurant chain ko disrupt kar dega ekdum...Please haa boldo yaar."

The idea of doing a partnership with a multi billion dollar company and all she had was one raw idea in her hand that felt like jumping into the ocean without a life jacket. Until today she was just a housewife worrying everyday about which vegetable to cook for her children for  lunch and now she was asked to work in the office with such a huge responsibility. It was hard to digest this massive information.

She looked at Anuj, he looked super excited and totally convinced that she would be able to do it. She did not need to say anything.

"Anu mujhe pata hai ye sab tumhare liye bahut naya hai. Mai nai keh rha ki koi mushkil nai hogi. Hogi ..100% hogi lekin I just want to say ki mai tumhare saath hoo...I mean hum dono hai na. We will help you. Aur waise bhi pehle tumhe idea present karna hoga investors ke saamne aur baad me ye partnership final hogi."

She still looked unconvinced but she had a master plan. She knew it was just a presentation and she will be out with 200% confidence in herself for doing some goof up. She nodded her head in yes , making Anuj scream on top of his lungs.

"Thankyouu... Thank you so much Anu."

Devika had to leave for an urgent meeting in Pune which could not be postponed. But she promised to come back soon. Anupama didn't want Anuj to sit with her for the whole day and leave his important work. He had already done a lot for her and she didn't want to disturb him more. Anuj explained to Anupama about what she had to do and left for the office. She was still new to all this and did not know how to use a computer. Though he gave her sample ppts and manuals for help,  she was still clueless. 

The doorbell rang and Anupamaa walked to the door to open it.

"Mukku Tum yahaan...."

How could Anuj leave his lady love all alone in such a toilsome situation. He requested Mukku to teach her all the technicalities and help in whatever stuff she needed to make the presentation. Anupamaa, in a flash knew that Anuj sent her. She welcomed her in and Mukku gave her the tightest hug.

"Jee haa mai yaha...Tumhari saari tension ko bhagane ke liye aa gyi hoo Anu. Bhai ne bataya tumhare idea ke baare me...It's awesome. Chalo jaldi kaam pe lagte hain"

Mukku was someone who could make anyone smile with her mere presence. Her aura always radiated happiness. Looking at her all excited, Anu got pumped up too. It was after 10 years she was going to do something other than brainstorming in the kitchen. Though she still doubted herself, learning new things was fun and Mukku being there added to the joy.

She made black coffee for her just the way she liked it - without sugar and tea for herself. Anu showed childlike elation when Mukku was teaching her how to make slides in PowerPoint. Mukku enjoyed it so much, but her frizzy hair was constantly irritating her. Anu noticed this and asked her -

"Kya hua Mukku, itni pareshan kyu ho...."

Mukku pulling her own hair said -

"Ye baal dekh rhi ho Anu...Maine Highlight karwaye the kuch time pehle....Ab Jhaadoo jaise ho gye hai....bhai ne mana bhi Kiya tha....ohh I hate it when he is right...."

Anu stood up and came back with a bowl of warmed up coconut oil.

"Tumhare baalo ko na acchi si maalish ki jaroorat hai. Itne acche Baal hai...kyu kharab kar rhi ho...Chalo Champi time."

Mukku got scared looking at the oil. She stood up and jumped away.

"Anu....dekho mai tumhari itni help kar rhi hoo...aur tum mujh abla ke saath ye zulm karogi. Please no...no..no"

She kept running around the sofa making circles for around 10 minutes and Anu chased her with oil in her hand. Finally they were tired.

"Mukkudi...ek baar malish karwa ke to dekh...accha na lage to tu Baal dho lena pakka."

Mukku finally gave up and sat on the floor. Anu sat on the sofa and put a little bit of warm oil on her scalp and started massaging. Her soft hands on her head felt like a mother's touch. Mukku's mom would always give her a head massage whenever she was stressed but ever since she left her she was left all alone. Although she always had Anuj and GK by her side, she missed her mom terribly.

Anupamaa was very special to her. She knew her brother loved her but she was a friend and guide to her too. Mukku felt safe with her. It was around 2 am at night, the champi felt like heaven just like old times. Mukku fell asleep on her lap. Anu tucked her in the sofa, wrapped a quilt over her and continued with the presentation.

NEXT MORNING - 7:30 AM

The doorbell rang for the third time but no one woke up to open it. Mukku peeked out of the quilt once but there was no sound then, she slept again. Anupama was sleeping on the floor sticking to the sofa. The glass fell from the table, waking her up. She heard the doorbell and went to answer it while rubbing her eyes.

"Good Morning Mohtarma....."

Anupamaa was surprised to see Anuj this early in the morning. He came to pick up Mukku and to wish Anupama all the best for her first day of college.

"Aap itni subah subah yaha kya kar rahe hain. Abhi to sirf...."

She looked at the clock and it was 7:30 already. Her class would start at 9:30 and she almost forgot that it was Samar's first day of school as well. She panicked.

"Kanha Jiiiiii.....saadhe saat baj gye....Mai abhi tak kaise so rhi thi...mai pehle hi din late ho jaungi...Samar ko bhi nai uthaya Maine...uska tiffin...uska bag..."

Anuj asked her to calm down and take deep breaths. He asked her to get ready first. He would manage other things. She was hesitant but it was already getting late. She ran towards the bathroom to take a shower.

Anuj went to wake Samar up. He sat on the edge of the bed and kissed the kid on his forehead.

"Samar Buddy....chalo uth jao...School time....fun karna hai ya nai tumhe Aaj"

Samar rolled himself under the quilt acting to sleep. Anuj started tickling him and he came out laughing out loud.

"Buddy ne mujhe catch kar liyaa..."

Anuj scooped him in his arms and said -

"Chalo Buddy Boy...Jaldi se teeth brush karlo. Mai tumhare liye mast breakfast banata hoo."

Anuj prepared healthy  brown bread vegetable sandwiches, squeezed fresh orange juice and warmed milk for breakfast. He then prepared and packed parathas for tiffin. He made Samar have milk and a sandwich, while he packed his bag simultaneously according to the time table. He took the ironed uniform and helped him wear it and at last neatly combed his hair.

Anupamaa quickly took a shower and wore the maroon salwar suit that Devika bought for her. She rushed towards the kitchen to make the breakfast but slipped over some water that fell on the floor. She was about to fall when Anuj held her by the waist.

Anupama was scared at first but then realised she was in his arms. She opened her eyes and kept looking at him without blinking. He looked irresistibly handsome in his baby pink hoodie and perfectly styled, gelled hair. His hold gave her butterflies. While Anuj was smiling looking at her cute panic - striken face. She stood on her feet, all embarrassed thinking he noticed her looking at him.

"Kya hua Anupamaa....itni hadbadi kyu kar rhi hoo. Abhi sirf 8:30 hi to baje hai. Chalo baitho pehle naashta kar lo."

She looked at the dining table. Breakfast was ready, lunch was packed and Samar was having milk and a sandwich sitting on the edge of the sofa. Her mind was blown. All her life she saw men sulking to even find their socks themselves and here was this man who managed all these chores in just 1 hour. She never felt so cared for and felt like hugging him at that very moment but her 'Sanskar' came in between.

"Aapne itna sab..... itna sab itni jaldi kaise kar liya. Ye to mai bhi nai kar paati."

Anuj patted his shoulders and gave a winning look to her.

"Don't underestimate the power of this Amazing Anuj, Madam. Waise Maine ghamand nai kiya iss baat ka par mai to kitchen king hoo."

Anupama laughed at his antics. He asked her to take breakfast soon or else they will get late. She asked him to sit too. But Choti woke up and started crying. She was about to stand but he gestured to keep sitting.

"Anu tumhara college hai....tum late ho jaogi...mai sambhalta hoo meri little princess ko." 

( Keeping the nickname choti...you guys know why 😂)

He held Choti in his arms but she did not stop crying.

"Anuj uska diaper badalna padega. Rukiye mai kar deti hoo."

She was about to get up but he asked her to finish breakfast and to tell him how to do that. She explained to him how to change diapers and he did it with full enthusiasm.

It was all new for him but he was very excited. Anything or person related to Anupamaa was special to him but Choti was like his daughter whose birth he witnessed himself and the moment he took her in his arms, she made the most special bond with him.

A lone tear fell from Anupama's eyes looking at Anuj doing it all for her. She got flashbacks on how Vanraj always neglected spending time with kids. He believed it was just a mother's job to raise the children as he was doing the most important thing - earning money.

After they were done. Anuj tried to wake Mukku up as they were about to leave but his baby sister was too tired to wake up yet so he scooped her in his arms and dumped her in the passenger's seat of the car. They dropped Samar to school and halted outside Shankar Nagar Colony. Anupama insisted on not taking the car inside, to avoid the unnecessary drama and requested him to go and get to work. She would take an auto to college. Anuj wanted to stay but couldn't convince her so he left wishing her all the best for new beginnings.

Anupamaa took Bapuji's and Moti Baba's blessings for the first day and gave Choti to her, promising to come back in the afternoon to take her. Baa was shocked to see her in a salwar suit. She didn't know that her daughter-in-law was much more than she had thought. That day she looked beautiful and confident....all at once. Though she hated it, she couldn't help but admire this new born fearlessness in her. She did not find words to taunt her that day and Anupamaa left.

DLS COLLEGE

Anu got extremely nervous standing in front of the gate of the college. She took a deep breath, prayed to Kanha Ji and entered a new world of opportunities. The new course had started one week ago, she was nervous about catching up with the syllabus. She inquired about the classroom and finally found it.

She was fascinated with this place, it gave her nostalgia but everything was new at the same time. Though she was slightly late, the teacher hadn't come yet. Most of the seats were taken except the first one at the right corner,  a guy was sitting there. She was apprehensive at first but was left with no option. She went and sat beside him.

"Hi, I am Aman....Aman Mehta. Aap??"

"Jee Mera Naam Anupamaa hai. Maine aaj hi college join kiya hai"

"Nice To meet you Anupamaa."

He forwarded his hand for a handshake but she folded her hands in Jai shree krishna. He smiled and  folded his hands too.

The teacher came in and asked Anupamaa to introduce herself in front of the class. But she got ruffled and was able to tell her name only. The teacher asked her to take help from her classmate Rashmi for any query who was the topper. But she didn't seem to like Anupamaa for some reason.

The semester had just started so they had only two lectures and got free for the day. She seemed to bond with a few girls who were very friendly. Her first day at college went well. 

She picked Samar and Choti ,and went back home. Devika was back and she asked Anu to rush to Anuj's office as he had informed her that the meeting would start at 5 pm sharp.

OFFICE - KAPADIA GROUP OF INDUSTRIES

Anupamaa stepped out of the auto and a strong gush of wind touched her bare arms. She got goosebumps and rubbed herself for some warmth.

She wanted to draw some inner strength. Everything was happening all at once. Though she wanted to take it one day at a time but that's how life is, it never lets us rest. It keeps our alert mode at standby...can literally beep at any time. The ones who hear the alarm and get moving with it, taste the success because time and opportunity never wait for anyone.

She got seated on the couch outside the conference room of the 5 storey building. She was shown around the place by the peon as instructed by Anuj earlier. Anupamaa was startled looking at the office. Earlier she had visited Vanraj's office once or twice but it was not as beautiful or huge as this one. Natural colors like green and blue were used for increasing employee efficiency. Plant pots were kept as decor to reduce stress, walls were decorated with aesthetic Paintings. The canteen looked no less than of a restaurant. Each cabin had some personal touches to it.

She was going through the presentation for one last time while continuously looking through the glass door on the right. She was waiting for Anuj, who didn't check up on her after he dropped her in the morning. It was different from his usual behaviour. By now he should  have been sitting beside her explaining all the technicalities. She called him from the office reception twice but no answer, she also tried his residence's landline no....still no answer. Now she was extremely worried.

The manager informed her that all the investors had arrived and they were about to start the meeting. Anupamaa froze, she didn't feel this nervous ever in life. She realised how safe and protected Anuj kept her and how much strength he gave her. Without him, she felt all alone...lost.

She called Devika and told her about Anuj's absence. Devika encouraged her and told her -

"Anuj ne tujhpe itna bharosa kiya hai Anu. Tujhe uske bharose par khara utarna hai."

She took a deep breath and went in with full confidence. She knew her idea could be a commercial success. She presented it like a boss.

"It was a chain model she explained...They would like to open a fusion kitchen which blended Indian Street food with international flavours appealing to the most influential customer chain that was the youth. They would start with 3 kitchens first, train Street food cooks to make their signature dishes, get local traditional architects to give a classy yet homely feel, provide private spaces for reading and enjoying music. All of this would be cost effective and they could increase their gross margins and earn better profit just from the start."

The investors were thoroughly impressed but kept their decision reserved. Anupama on the other hand was extremely worried for Anuj. It was very unlikely of him to not show up on such an important day. Even the investors were baffled at his absence.
There could have been something really serious. She rushed.

KAPADIA RESIDENCE

Anupamaa had a gut feeling, something was not right. She entered the apartment and got on the lift.
She was about to knock on the door but saw it was already open. She entered quietly.

It was full of chaos in the living room. Cushions and table decors were thrown away,  the T.V remote was completely damaged, and the fruit basket from the dining table was lying on the floor. It looked like an earthquake just hit that house.

Anupamaa gulped down her throat and entered Anuj's bedroom. It was dark but yet she could faint an image of him sitting on the floor with his knees bent and hiding his head in there. She could hear muffled sobs from his direction.

She turned the lamp light on at the side of his bed and saw him sitting there. She called him -
"Anuj"

As soon he heard his name from that voice, he looked up with red eyes filled with tears, cheeks moist, messed up hair and lips quivering with pain. Somewhere a piece of her broke looking at him that way.

She straight off went and sat in front of him. He looked at her as if begging for help. She had always seen Anuj laugh, crack jokes, and live life King size. The sight of him grieving was even more painful than the betrayal she faced. She cupped his face longingly.

"Anuj kya hua aapko....aap theek to hai. Kya hua hai...bataiye Anuj. Aur Mukku kaha hai."

Hearing Mukku's name Anuj panicked and stood up.

"Anu...Mukku chali gyi hai...phir se chali gyi hai mujhe chodh kar. Pata nai kaha...mai abhi dhoondhne jaata hoo usko..."

He rushed towards the door but Anupama held him by both his shoulders and stopped him.

"Anuj Mukku ko Mai dhoondh ke laati hoo. Aap please baithiye yaha pe aapki haalat theek nai hai."

He did not understand. Words were not falling in his ears. He was having a panic attack. She made him sit and gave him a glass of water.

"Meri taraf dekhiye....mujhpe yakeen hai naa aapko."

He looked at her ardently and nodded his head.  She went out, took the phone diary and called all of Mukku's friends. One of her friends Pooja told her that she was safe and with her. Anupamaa requested to take care of her and that they would pick her up in the morning as it was already very late.

She came back to Anuj's room and informed him about her whereabouts. He was finally relieved and drank a whole jug of water. Anupamaa was excessively worried looking at him.

"Saari duniya ko hasate hai aap. Sabko jeena sikhate hai aap aur khud is adhere kamre me aise baithe hai. Anuj kya mai is layak bhi nai ki aap apna dukh mujhse baant sake. Aap mujhe dost kehte hai naa, phir ye kaisi dosti hai jisme sirf ek ki Pareshani ka khayal rakha jaa rha hai"

Anuj wasn't speaking he kept looking at the light coming from the lamp. Anupamaa tried talking to him again and again but Anuj was unresponsive. She stood up and took two steps towards the door. He clutched her dupatta stiffly as his life depended on it.

"Ab tum bhi mujhe phir se chod ke jaa rahi ho...Kya sach me itna bura hu mai ki mere saath koi nai rehna chahta."

A lone tear fell from her eyes as she turned back.
She saw him, held both his hands and sat beside him.

"Ye kya keh rahe hai aap Anuj. Aapse se accha insaan to maine apni zindagi me nahi dekha. Khushnaseeb hai wo jo aapko jaante hai. Mandir me kanha ji ki aarti karte waqt dhoop (incense stick) jalate hai jo aas paas sabko mehka deta hai...aap wo sugandh. Aap wo diya hai jo har andhere kamre ko roshan karta hai."

Anuj chuckled -

"Huh...Jiska khud ka ghar...jiski khudki zindagi....Andhero and akelepan se bhari hui hai."

Anupama held him even more strongly -

"Aap akele nai hai Anuj...Bilkul akele nai hai."

"Acha kon hai mere saath, bolo Anu...Kon hai mere saath. Jisko maine apna maana, sab mujhe chodkar chale gye. Mere Maa Baap ne to mujhe Paida karte hi chod diya, kanha ji ne Maa-papa ko meri Zindagi me bheja par unhe bhi mujhse cheen liya, meri Mukku mere pass nai rehna chahti, aur tum to......"

He became quiet realising what he was about to say.

"Anuj Maa-papa ke saath kya hua tha??"

She looked at him teary eyed. She always knew there was a lot of guilt, regret and grief hidden behind his angelic smile. He masked it really well but now it was the revelation time, she was not leaving him anymore. He started narrating the darkest time of his life.

"College bas khatm hi hue the Anu ki hume pata chala ki Maa ko leukemia stage 3 cancer ho gya tha.  Mai har bade hospital gya unhe lekar...sabne yahi bola ki unke paas jyada din nai hai. Meri to duniya palat gyi thi. Maine har wo kosish ki jisse Maa ko bacha saku Anu. Har mandir, har gurudware me jaake maathe teke. Papa, Mukku, GK sabko sambhala. Doctor ne ek surgery suggest ki thi, par warn kiya tha ki risky hai...Maa ki jaan bhi jaa sakti hai. Papa ne mana kiya tha mujhe ki jitne bhi Din unke saath bache hue hai acche se guzar lein. Par mai Apni Maa ko til-til kar marte nai dekh sakta tha Anu. Mujhe unhe theek karna tha kisi bhi keemat par...Aur maine surgery ke liye haa kardi....par"

Tears were flowing from his eyes unceasingly. She looked in his eyes for answers. Her heart sank thinking of what was about to come.

"We lost her....We lost her Anu....We lost her. Maine meri Maa ko maar diya. We lost her Anu. Maa ke achanak jaane ka sadma papa bardasht nai kar paaye aur unhe heart attack aa gya. Mai unhe bhi nai bachaa Paya Anu...Nai bacha payaa....."

Anupama was still holding his hands which were shivering.

"Kitna Manhoos aadmi ho na mai Anu. Maa-Papa ke jaane ke baad maine apne aapko kaam me itna dooba liya ki mai apni behen ko time hi nai de paya. Use akela kar diya maine. Wo boarding school chali gyi hume chod kar.....aur ab phir se mujhe chod ke jaana chahti hai....sahi baat hai....mujh jaise ke saath kon rehna chahega. Sabse bura hoo mai.....Sabse sabse sabse"

He burst into tears and kept his head on her lap. He clutched onto her for long due solace. He was weeping. The barrage of all the emotions that he confined from the world, broke that day in her arms. She couldn't hold herself either and wrapped her arms around him. She kept rubbing his back to calm him down. He slept while still sobbing.

Maana Ki Kohra Bada Gehra Hai

In Andhero Ke Saaye Me

Daara Zara Tera Chehra hai

Ye zindagi ki sacchi hai

Kabhi dhoop kabhi chaon hai

Gham me Saaya bhi nahi

khushi me sang saara gaon hai

Mai Hoo saath tere

Chahe choote ye Zamana Hai

Akhir Raat Ke Baad Savere ko to aana hai

She kissed his hair and whispered in his ears.

"Aap aaj ke baad kabhi akele nahi rahenge Anuj....Kabhi Nahi"

To Be Continued......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is not over yet. It was getting really long so I had to break it into two parts. The other part will be uploaded Soonest.

Anuj's character has lots of depth and layers into it which weren't explored in the show much. I hope you will love to see the glimpses of his past life, his fears and baggage in upcoming chapters.

The breakdown scene was written deliberately similar to the show to give the reader a complete experience of Anuj's emotions through their imagination.
Some new characters are introduced who will play an important role in the coming parts.

Anupama has promised Anuj that he won't be ever alone in life now. Will she be able to fulfill it or fate wants something else???

Stay tuned to know more!!!!

Please do drop in your precious comments, they are a huge encouragement in writing the next parts. I go through them all. Also drop your suggestions if you have any.

Eagerly waiting for your feedback.

Thankyouuu

Happy Reading♥️♥️

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6.7K 499 38
1st love is best love ....and also it is irreplaceable....but what happens when you meet again your first love after decade.....what destiny holds fo...
226K 7.6K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...
27.2K 2.3K 38
"Inaaya," he calls out, a certain urgency underlying in his tone. "Don't ever fall in love with me." She doesn't say as a moment passes between them...
27.6K 1.7K 31
VOTE for all chapters. Fanfiction based on Star Plus's Anupama. A world where angst between MaAn is not overstretched. Hopefully what is overstretch...