Protecting One Direction

By ilovemusix

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! STARTING IS SLIGHTLY CARROTISH. And plus, I was 12 when I thought of this idea... so... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - 'Research'
Chapter 3 - The Meetup
Chapter 4 - Uncertainty
Chapter 5 - Building 'friendship'
Chapter 6 - Possible crush
Chapter 7 - Discovered talent
Chapter 8 - Time off
Chapter 9 - 21 Questions
Chapter 10 - Jealousy
Chapter 11 - Bipolar Behaviour
Chapter 12 - Liam's birthday
Chapter 13 - Red Rush
Chapter 14 - Secret basement
Chapter 15 - Flirting
Chapter 16 - Foooooood
Chapter 17 - Security doubled
Chapter 18 - The Chase
Chapter 19 - Drifting apart
Chapter 20 - Conflictions
Chapter 21 - Dreams
Chapter 22 - Contract
Chapter 23 - 'Pranks'
Chapter 24 - Fight
Chapter 25 - Book signing
Chapter 26 - Hysteria
Chapter 27 - Crazier
Chapter 28 - Signs
Chapter 29 - Digital penpal
Chapter 30 - Mall adventures
Chapter 32 - Christmas eve
Chapter 33 - Party
Chapter 34 - Aftermath
Chapter 35 - Danger
Chapter 36 -The Reason
Chapter 37 - Plan B
Chapter 38 - Regret and Closure
Chapter 39 - Just In Time
Chapter 40 - Full Force
Chapter 41 - Tokyo Adventures (Part 1)
Chapter 41 - Tokyo Adventures (Part 2)
Chapter 42 - Love
Epilogue - 20 Years Later

Chapter 31 - Awkward Visiting

946 27 2
By ilovemusix

5 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS.

"Give me back my phone, now."  I demanded as I reach for my phone in Harry's hand. That idiotic looking phone casing was actually made a few days ago. It was glittery with clear glue. Cleary, its was a disaster.

"Nope. Unless you let me out," Harry negotiated. Of course I wouldn't want to risk my job and his life on the line.

"You know the rules Harry," I repeated again as Liam walked to the living room.

"Grace, I always see you doing weird things. What's going on?" Liam laughed at my weird position that I stopped at.

"Harry's bullying me!" I squeaked, finally grabbing my phone from his huge hands. "Thank you very much!" I sarcastically smile at him.

"Liam, Grace doesn't want me to see my girlfriend," Harry whined before pouting sadly in front of Liam.

"Harry, you know things like these are against the rules."

"Christmas is coming in and I really really want to get her something.. extravangant."

Did Harry just used that word to describe her present? No, Grace, stop being so nosey in other people's preferences. And no I am not jealous. So not jealous at all.

"Grace, go and accompany Harry." I groaned back as an reply to Liam. No way was I going to go with Mr Heartbreaker.

"Okay. Thats set then," Liam completely ignored my whiny remark. UGH. I rolled my eyes at them walking back into my room.

"Hey, please go with Harry? You surely don't want to see him go out himself, right?" Liam protested. I had no other choice but to agree so I nodded unwillingly.

I changed the sweats to my comfortable striped shirt and leggings instead. It seemed extremely cold though, so I took my coat and cream scarf. I grabbed my handbag with the necessary items in it — keys, wallet, phone and of course my gun. What? Stop judging me, I have it for emergency, okay!

"Ready to go?" Harry's voice suddenly came up.

"Um, yeah I guess."

"Then let's go." A smirk formed on his lips.

~

"So where you off to?" I ask him while I was steering my car out of the parking lot.

"First stop, the florist." He looked at his phone for his reference.

"There's multiple places?" I scoffed while waving goodbye to the security guards at the gate.

"Uhuh. Its at Hillary Lane 6," he said casually. I drove the car to right after hearing where he wanted to go. There was a silence afterwards. Awkward.

"So um, how's your stay in the One Direction Suite?" Harry started the conversation quite abruptly. One Direction Suite? I coughed at the thought of it.

"Just wonderful with you bullying me all the time," I reply sarcastically with my eyes on the road.  Harry chuckles at my comment. You must be enjoying it then."

"Very much." Then there was another silence again.

I missed times with Harry like this. A light hearted talk was always the best. I wonder how he's hitting it off with Taylor? He seemed trapped in his room most of the times these days. Observing from the looks of it, he was probably skyping and texting her all the time.

"Grace, red light!" Harry warned as I stopped the car instantly. I had almost hit my vehicle to another bus. Phew, close one!

"Hey, how's you and Taylor getting along?" I questioned the curly-haired boy, inching my car towards the bus in front of me.

"Better, even with a few minor fights, we're considered to be on good terms." He nods his head slightly.

"Does the fights go down like, 'Who are you texting?' or 'I prefer white than black.'?" I teased.

"Actually it goes down like, 'I wanted froyo not ice cream!'" He began to laugh and soon I followed him too.

We were already on Hillary Lane 6 and I saw 'J&T's Orchard'. An orchard? Harry comes all the way to get flowers from an orchard but not a florist? Does Harry even have the common sense to know that an orchard is for fruits?

I pulled up near the signboard, then we went out of my car. There was a bespectacled lady wearing a maroon apron, greeting us with a warm smile. I grinned back to her to sent her my basic courtesy.

"Welcome to Janet and Trevor's orchard! You must be Mr Styles right?" Her cheerful tone forced me to be perked up as well.

"Yes. Can I see the bouquet of flowers already?" Harry asked, slightly impatient from his tone.

"You may! But of course, you surely don't want to show your girlfriend here your surprise?" She spoke up, pointing fingers at me. I choked on my saliva, girlfriend?

"No, she's just a friend. Could I see them now?" His tone was hushed, too eager to see them. "Okay, right this way Mr Styles."

I looked at him weirdly but he wasn't attentive to me. Instead, his gaze was shifted to the gigantic bouquet of white and red roses. It was even bigger than Harry's hands for a matter of fact! I stood there at awe together with Harry. Our jaws were wide open to see the beautifully decorated flowers.

"When would you like to pick it up?" Her voice began to become louder.

"Now."

I frowned, staring at him. He was going to meet her today, and he didn't even tell me? Oh no, he didn't. I pinched his arm, trying to get his attention. He winces, saying, "What?"

"You didn't tell me you were going to meet her!" I yelled at him. It wasn't that kind of angry shouting, it was more of the motherly growl.

"Well, actually, I'm going to meet her parents."

"What!?" I groaned. I had to follow him creepily to Taylor's parent's house? "What time?" My voice now was softer than my initial tone.

"Eh, around 7?" He was uncertain, as usual.

"You do know I'll have to follow you, right?"

"Oh. I forgot." I facepalmed myself. Why did I love this Harry? "I think Taylor's bodyguard will be there too, I bet you two can get along while we are in the house?"

"Do I seem like I know everyone in the agency?" I raised one eyebrow.

"Yeah, pretty much." I lightly punched his bicep area.

"Here is the bill, cash or credit card?" The lady showed Harry the receipt on the clipboard. I moved closer to see that the bouquet was £80?! What kind of world do we live in that sells £80 flowers?

"Credit please," he answers, placing the green card onto the clipboard. "Wait for a moment, Mr Styles."

The lady arrives with the roses and Harry grabs the bouquet and credit card. "Thank you. See you again!" She squeaked. I gave back the kind gesture and thanked her too.

"So now where?" I asked the boy with roses.

"A friend of mine has a jewelery shop just across town. Mind if you fetch me there?" He replied.

"Isn't that why I am here for?" I told him, raising an eyebrow. "Here," says Harry, giving me a red rose.

"What's this for?" I replied in admiration. My cheeks felt like it was getting warmer by the second. "I'm getting you a friendly gift. I've never actually given you anything so here you go."

I felt bashful to take it, but I knew I still had feelings for this man. Wait, are you seriously kidding me now, Grace? No, you do not have feelings for him. You were just being nice, thats all. So you had to recieve and accept this great present. I mentally slapped myself, he is never going to like you anymore. He has Taylor.

I started the ignition after entering the car finally. The rose was placed neatly in front of me. The car was filled with the rose aroma and luckily I wasn't sensitive to flowers.

"Where's this place?" I swiveled the steering wheel to get out of the place.

"2 Battery road," he recited it from his phone's notes app. "To Harry's friend's shop!" I shrieked with joy. He giggled, pumping his fist to the air.

There it was, the awkward silence had came to visit us again. For 10 minutes. It was not that he had nothing to say, oh no. But he was texting Taytay Swiftie instead of talking to me. All this time all the laughter came from him and it filled the whole car.

"Just to let you know, her bodyguard is called Ryan."

Oh its Ryan. I actually know him, but I'm not that close to him. He was in training with me before, so he might be the same age as me.

"Oh." was all I could manage to say.

"So you know him?"

"Yes." I nod.

After a 20 minute drive, I see many jewelery shops left and right. But the only opened store was 'TAN JEWELS'.

"That one?" My head jerked up to point to the shop. "Uh yeah."

We enter the store with the cold air hitting my face. "Hi Harry! What can I get for you today?" A chinese lady waved at us.

"A necklace, for my girlfriend Taylor." We took our seats. "And no, she isn't mine. She's just accompanying me as a friend."

Just a friend. Stop sighing, he's just a friend. After we find Red Lemons, we'll stop seeing each other everyday.

"Oh okay, so here is some designs." She brought out a red velvet (not a cupcake) box with several necklaces on them. They consists of a four leaf clover, a heart shaped lock and a paper airplane.

"Which do you like?" The chocolate haired lady asks. If I would choose, I would actually pick the paper aeroplane, it is the least cliche thing and I think that symbolises that the relationship is flying and free.

"Umm, whaddya like Grace?" asked Harry. Why ask me?

"Eh, the paper plane." The pointed to my favourite design.

"I'll get it then. Do you have more of the same?"

"Yep, I have two more of the same design. Do you want them?"

"I'll take three."

Is he serious with getting three? Isn't it too excessive?

"Why three?" I questioned his vague-ness.

"You'll see."

He went to take the three boxes and holds them in his large hands. Then, we walked back to my car.

"So we're headed to Taylor's house?" We were on the road again. (a/n: I HAD TO DO IT)

"Yup. And if you don't mind, I'm gonna take a nap now." He closes my eyes, his shoulders slumped into the padded chair.

I couldn't help myself to sneak a few glances of him sleeping while driving. His hair was a mess, just how like it on him.

No, Grace. Eyes on the road, do not be distracted by his cuteness. Wait, I did not say cute. You did, just admit it. This man was so frustrating, ugh.

After an hour or so of driving we finally reached her parent's house. We saw Taylor and Ryan arrive at the same time as us.

Harry presses the doorbell to her parent's house. We — Taylor, Ryan, Harry and me, were on the stairs of the front door. The door was opened by a blonde lady with pink gloss on her lips.

"Taylor! Harry! And who are you two?" The lady asks sweetly.

"Bodyguards." Ryan and I said in unison.

"Oh okay, come in, come in." She grins.

We were introduced to their huge house of old photos and warm environment. The atmosphere was nice and made me at home. Compared to the outside, I could feel the heat radiating from the fireplace.

Harry went to Taylor's cousins and siblings and hugged them. Ryan was picked at by the little kids roaming around the house. That left me with Taylor on the gray velvet couch.

"So..." I started awkwardly. I've never really talked to Taylor before, but she seems very sweet with her appearance. Also, the ugly sweater on her fitted her with her blonde hairstyle. Is there anything else about this girl?

"I wanna ask you something," she says, flickering her eyelashes. "Sure," I answer, letting her ask her question.

"You're his close friend and bodyguard, but I've only been his girlfriend for barely a few months. So, I was wondering what should I get for him? For Christmas you know," she babbled on.

If I were her, I'd probably get something thoughtful and useful. Hmm.. Maybe a watch? It has a meaningful symbol to it, I guess.

"That's it!" She squealed. What? Did she just read my mind?

"Did I say something?"

"Oh you didn't say anything. I was just observing him and I think he needs a jacket. That coat isn't very thick," she said, staring at him.

"Yes, he definitely needs one." I snickered at the imaginary picture of him shivering. That question was certainly answered! By her.

After that awkward conversation with Taylor, I was babysitting the younger kids to prevent them from attacking Ryan again. I must say, I am great with children.

When dinner approached, I see a wide spread of food on the wooden table. It made me feel like I was part of their family. They served mouth-watering food such as, the ever popular ham, healthy salad and the christmas favourite, turkey.

Time flew past fast as lightning and we had to go home.

"Go say bye to Grace!" A lady with red hair and glasses told the children. They rushed to wave goodbye at me with smiles planted on their faces. I do the same to them too.

"Bye, you lovely bunch. Taylor tell me when any of your friends want to come over again. I think we'll all want more company," the mother of Taylor said, grinning.

"Okay, mom. Love you." Taylor reaches for a hug to her mother.

Soon, we were all at home by the struck of midnight.

___________________________________

ok i might be having more than 10 chapters to work with..

maybe the story cant end?

*suspense*

nah i wont let it happen

the updates of stories might be faster if you click that vote button ;)

bye girl almighties!
-Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 116 43
-*W A R N I N G *- : Sorry beforehand if this story is cliche and doesn't make since I wrote this when I was a mere teen, it was my very first story...
6.3M 54.2K 53
"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter and Facebook page." Ella Strauss once sa...
166K 4.4K 50
( Major Edits for this book !!!!) Meet Eve and Carly. Two girls that are facing the world together. They both have the same story. Yet, when they try...
74 0 5
"If I die, tell her I loved her." ------ To El: "When we first met, I had no idea that you'd become this important to me, and I don't care how compli...