A Cyber's World | Book 2 of I...

By 0Lxnar0

"After defeating the treacherous king and sealing the fountain from the Dark World, Kris and Susie yearn to r... More

Before you Read!
Prolouge - I'm With You in The Dark
Chp 1 - A New Day
Chp 2 - Castle Town Pt.1
Chp 3 - In Your Arms Pt.2
Chp 4 - A New Adventure
Oneshot - KFC
Chp 5 - A Cyber's World?
Chp 6 - Ultimate Transformation
Oneshot - Trick Or Treat
Chp 7 - May I Have This Dance?
Chp 8 - Berdly
Oneshot - Lovesick
Announcement

Chp 9 - Ride of a Lifetime

651 21 21
By 0Lxnar0

I have returned! Finally! With a new chapter
Now you're probably thinking, what took so long? Where have you been?
Writers block can hit you real hard and that's happened

That's one reason why it took long to update, however I've been secretly writing 3 chapters! 3!
Also holy [CUNGADERO] 24k reads in the prequel and 4k reads here!
Thank you for reading, or just really checking this out
I've been reading each comments, and you guys are hilarious lol

Anyways, enough ranting!

Enjoy the chapter!

!Art above by @angusburgers on Insta!

——————————————

Berdly rides in!

They were really going to fight him. The team's soul hovered above their chest. But Y/N had confidence. Berdly has never been in the Dark World long enough like them. Plus it was 3 against 1..they have a chance to win. Yet, the twist and turns of the coaster ride said otherwise. Y/N almost lost her balance again. They couldn't fight while on this ride. "Kris, any ideas?" Susie asked expectantly towards them. They stared ahead monotonously, examing Berdly who stood confidently and looking snarky.

Another turn. The city roared passed the team and their enemy. Kris mumbled something but the screeches of the rails was louder. "Kris!?" Ralsei hurried them. "Bump onto his cart.." They said more clearly. Y/N's eyebrows stretched upwards, now understanding. Everyone agreed, and they were ready. The whole gang will bump onto Berdly's cart. Steadying herself and bracing for impact, she felt her coaster move faster than usual. One by one, the Heroes bumped onto Berdly's coaster. He had a look of exasperation as he almost fell down in his coaster. He frowned and gripped his axe tighter. Y/N smiled vistoriously as they found out a way to defeat him mercifully. "Kris, I get why you're getting in my way! You're jealous, aren't you!?" Berdly concluded with a smirk and a mocking laugh. Y/N was puzzled, and it seemed like Kris was too...well at least she thought. They just stared at him as if he looked crazy. Everyone's souls went back to their rightful owner, except Kris's. Before they could react, Berdly sent huge winds of tornados on their way. Kris's swiftly dodged the harsh winds, dodging most of Berdly's attack.

His eyes furrowed with annoyance to see that he didn't deal enough damage as he thought. "My Queen! I would love some assistance to squash these no-brainers!" Berdly called Queen for help. "Oh Uh I'm Sick And Icky. You Can Defeat Them On Your Own," Queen called in sick. 'Can computers even get sick?' Y/N thought. But she knew better to see that Queen was lying. But Berdly believed her anyway.

Taking their chance, everyone bumped their coasters onto Berdly's car. "Kris, you're tired of being the class no. 3 gazing distantly at Noelle and I's fruited figures," He said wistfully as if he was the only one in the world. 'More like tired of listening you talk,' Kris muttered internally, but kept it to themselves. They didnt even know they were no. 3 nor cared. This time, everyone's souls came out once again. Berdly then sent A+ assignments sending straight their way. There was hardly any space to dodge them or it was hard to tell where they would land. Y/N struggled as she got hit a few times. 'I can't believe that pieces of paper could do much damage..' Y/N winced from the large scratches that were formed from this attack.

Y/N glared at the bluebird. She shouldn't have underestimated him. As Y/N I inspected Berdly, she didn't notice him asking Queen about snacks. "Hey Queen, what snacks do we have at home?"
Kris ordered to bump into Berdly again. Bracing for impact again, they hit his cart one by one. He yelped with surprise from the attack.

He narrowed his eyes and held his flaring axe the opposite way. "So rather than ever STUDYING, you'd enlist Susie to take us down!" Berdly accused towards Kris. He is then started to focus.
'Why is he holding it like that?' Y/N wondered, almost failing to notice that everyone's souls were brought into battle.

Sharp bullets shot out of Berdly's tip of his axe. Each in a trail that aimed for each of the teams' soul. To which each avoided barely. Another trail of his attack was shot multiple times, but the Lightners dodged it.

The teams bumped into Berdly's coaster.

Berdly shows Queen his card collection! Queen escaped successfully. Y/N watched. 'Didn't Berdly know that Queen doesn't care about him? She's just using him,' Y/N pondered. She felt a little bad that he was getting manipulated.

"Kris..you are truly depraved. Playing in the mud with the class hellion," he continued mocking them. "What did you just call me?!"Susie snarled. "I'm just saying the truth is all," Berdly grinned. "Oh, once I get my hands-" "Susie!" Ralsei gasped. Susie groaned. "Fine..fine, I'll just give him a 'little' pat..that's all," she said darkly. Ralsei gave an exhausted sigh. Susie may be a pacifist now..but her temper still didn't fade away. It almost made Y/N giggle. And just like Susie, as much as she was trying to spare everyone, she didn't want to hear Berdly's mocking voice. Berdly attacked his windy tornados again.

By now, Berdly's coaster was smoking at the back. That doesn't look good. Yet, Berdly didn't seem to mind that he was starting to look like he was in a bad position however.

Either way, the whole gang bumped into Berdly's ride.

"But Kris, I am a kind and brave hero! If you come to our side..you may be a slightly less distant No.3!" Berdly offered a not so great deal.

"Haha..slightly," he snickered. 'Kind?' Y/N retracted as she was not impressed.

After Berdly's attack, his cart was fuming even more. "Uh..dude, maybe you should stop now. Your ride ain't looking so hot right now?" Susie told him. "Pretty sure it's breaking," Y/N added. "What? My car is breaking!?" Berdly exclaimed. He looked around, panicking, but when he looked back to the Lightners, he brushed it off. "Fools! This is Smart Smoke! It means my car is getting stronger!" Berdly laughed. 'I highly doubt that.'

"Ha! Go ahead, 'bump' me, you bumpbarians," he taunted the four. "I'll show you 'bumper cars' is a game of INTELLECT, not skill!" He attacked with his axe again, but it was all predictable at this moment. A small addition was added to attack however. Once he shot his attack, small drones followed afterwards, nearly hitting their soul. Y/N could see him faltering, noticing that none of them were hit. He looked annoyed as hell.

Suddenly, the rollercoaster took a harsh turn, and then, it went down. Y/N felt like screaming as she felt her stomach doing flips. The wind rushed through quickly, as the rollercoaster went down. Y/N held a strong grip on the sides of her cart. "WOOOOOOO!"

Y/N could hear Susie let out a sound of exhilaration. "AHHHHHHH!" And she could hear Ralsei's scream.

The city looked different now. Were they on the other side of the city? The fountain still flowed in the distance still. They were still an adventure's trek away.

"Partake, Kris! The zephyr punishment!" Right, the battle. Y/N almost lost her focus after that. Kris ordered everyone to bump into Berdly. Smoke roared behind Berdly's cart.

Berdly summoned those tornadoes again.

Not a scratch was inflicted on the Lightners however. Kris's coaster bumped into Berdly's until a troubling sound came from Berdly's coaster.

"W-What..? My coaster, it's-!" Berdly said in a state of shock. "Wh-What! That's not fair!!!" Berdly yelled in disbelief. He then turned towards Queen, who was relaxing in her flying chair, sipping on that green-liquid drink. A high pitched sound came from Berdly's cart. "M-My Queen..Save me!!" He begged.

EXPLODE

Berdly's coaster exploded into flames, sending Berdly flying. For a bird, he could surely fly. "In A Minute Dear," Queen smiled. Y/N felt somewhat bad for the bluebird. He seemed to trust Queen a lot, and she wasn't lifting a finger to help him. She was just relaxing with her glass.

Now what? The ride was still moving.

"Hello Everyone I Have Some News Updates," She informed the team. "You See..This 'Roller', 'Coaster'...It's Not Actually 'Finished,' Yet," She said calmly. "Not done..yet?" Y/N echoed. "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?!?" Susie roared. Her sharp teeth fletching. "You don't mean.." Y/N widened her eyes, fear was starting to creep up.

"Pain."

Queen laughed as she flew away in her chair. When Queen was gone, Y/N took notice in front of her. Signs with lights flashed...and there was an end to the ride. The other three noticed as they held onto their rides. They crashed through the signs, as they went up the ramp, the end of the roller coaster ride. They stopped midair until their coasters turned and started to plummet down.

Almost everyone let out screams for fear of falling to the bottom.

-

Kris opened their eyes. It was dark, but not the type of dark of an endless black void Kris was expecting. It was more like they were mushed into something. They felt uncomfortable with the position they were in. Their legs stood on empty air, and that's when they felt an awful smell hit their nostrils.

They pushed themselves up, relieved to have that horrible stench to fresh air. It looks like they and their friends landed in a heap of trash. They could see Y/N struggling to get out, but she managed too, her face scrunching up from the bad smell. The two met each other's eyes, but they heard the sound of rummaging beside them. Ralsei and Susie were stuck in the same predicament. Both upside down. Kris's friends pulled themselves up, free from the trash.

"L..Looks like this trash saved us," Susie said. "Better than the floor," Y/N gave a sigh of relief. "C'mon," Susie ushered the team. Kris leaped away from the garbage, somehow landing gracefully. They turned back to wait for the others. Y/N and then Ralsei jumped out. Susie on the other hand stood triumphantly atop the mountain of trash. "Haha, who's king of the trash pile now!?" Susie chuckled, standing tall. Kris almost cracked a smile. She let out a laugh until a piece of the garbage she was standing on moved from her weight. Susie let out a yelp as she slipped and fell from the garbage heap with harsh landing. The joking moment turned into a moment of worry. The three hurried over to her. Susie's face was invisible due to her magenta bangs. "O-Ow!"

"Susie, are you alright?" Ralsei had a surprised look. "You shouldn't have stayed up there like that," Y/N scolded, but Kris could see sincere worry in her E/C eyes. Susie stood up. "Heh, it's nothing. I'm fine. I jus-" Before Susie could finish her sentence, she crouched back down again, hissing in pain. "O-ow."

"I can heal her," Y/N said/ But Ralsei shook his head, insisting that he should instead. He went up to Susie's hunched form. "Sure you don't want me to look..?" Ralsei said in a soothing voice. "L-Look at what? I'm fine!" Susie protested defensively. Ralsei didn't listen as he went up to her and hugged her. Susie was baffled by his actions. "WOAH HEY WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU-" She was silenced by a glow radiated from Ralsei. Susie was healed.

"Feel better?" Ralsei gave a kind smile. Susie was stunned as she checked herself. Not a bruise or scratch was found.
"FEEL BETTER!?  AFTER YOU JUST CAME UP AND- " Susie growled. It looked she wanted to grab Ralsei. But when she noticed how well she was standing, she stopped yelling. "Umm..doesn't feel WORSE..I guess," She let out a cough of embarrassment. She muttered something under her breath. Kris could see right through her though. "How do you do that anyway?" Susie asked as she scratched the back of her head. "That..healing...thingy." "Healing magic?" Y/N raised a brow at Susie's attempt. Susie just gave an annoyed huff and looked away, wanting to hide her expression of self-consciousness. Ralsei gave an amused chuckle. "Oh, healing magic, it's quite simple Susie. Anyone can do it!" Ralsei exclaimed. "I could even teach you, if you're interested," Ralsei gave a teasing wink. "Heh, ask me again when it's, like, blood explosion magic," Susie scoffed.

"But, um, if you WANTED, I guess I could learn it. Then you wouldn't, y'know, have to annoy me with it anymore," she made an excuse. Kris knew she was keen to learn.

"Sure, Susie. Next time we have a break!" Ralsei caught on and gave another wink. Probably signaling he knew what she truly wanted. Susie just looked away quickly. She pushed past Ralsei and went up to Kris. "Let's just go already Kris.." Susie muttered close to them. Kris nodded and the team headed onward. They shattered, though Kris didn't really join in, as usual. So they just listened.

As the others continued onward, Kris lagged behind..They tried walking faster, but that didn't seem to work. Their body started to grow numb. They didn't even notice that they stopped to a halt. A thought crossed their mind. It was its doing.

Kris was going to protest until their own hand pulled up an omniscient menu. 'What is it doing?'

???'s POV:

It was hard to move freely. Especially when she was nearby. But with enough Determination, it was able to make them lack behind. Now with enough distance, it was able to do what it wanted. 

To finally get their full control. Without any suspicions.

No matter the cost.

[Would you like to save?]

[Yes]

2 save files were made.

----------------------------------------------

Word Count: 2248 words

........

-Lxnar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1.3K 24
Basically, the sin of sloth got transported to the world of demons, reapers, and angles by her littler brother greed. Let's see how sloth have a new...
176K 5.5K 200
Author: Su Mengmeng/苏萌萌 Category: Danmei Fiction Status: 250 Chapter (Complete) Introducing: (Main attack, clean body and mind, no children, cool te...
168K 25.8K 106
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...
61.7K 1.7K 176
"In a world of pirates and adventure, meet Ryo, a half mink-half human with a tragic past. After losing his parents, Ryo was taken in and trained by...