A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

By Ladyfaree

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... More

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 11 - Goodbye!
Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 14 - Cairo
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 19 - Fate
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 22 - Life
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer

57 13 27
By Ladyfaree

Later in the Day.

'Naeem, now that Husnah has accepted your proposal, when are you going to see her?'. Alhaji Zayyan inquired at dinner.

'Saturday God willing Abba'. Naeem responded.

'Saturday?' He asked mouth agape. '6 days from now? Don't you think that's too long?'.

'Tomorrow is Monday Abba, and you know how busy working days can be'. Alhaji Zayyan was too shocked to reply him.

Hajiya Saudah ate her food in silence, totally ignoring their conversation.

'Won't you talk to your son?' Alhaji Zayyan asked. 'You are a lady, you know these things'.

'No, he should do what pleases him since he doesn't know what's right or wrong!'. She replied. Fatima almost choked on her food. Khadija handed her a glass of water and quickly left the dining table. Fatima gulped down the water and also followed suit. They will not wait for any drama to unfold in their presence!!

'Umma, I'm sorry. What did I do please?' He inquired.

'How can your father request for a lady's hand in marriage to you, with your consent and then you won't visit till you have "free time". Can't you make time for her? Or is she still not worth your time?' Hajiya Saudah roared.

'It's not like that Umma'. He paused. 'I just don't know how to face her'.

'Ohh, so now you feel bad for the way you treated her in the past?'.

'Umma please, you all know I truly regret my actions towards her. But I don't know how to make her understand that'.

'Find time to visit her tomorrow, I don't want any excuses'. His father commanded.

'Yes Abba'.

'And it must be during the day, let me see what you give more priority to'. His mother added.

'Sorry Umma, I will do that God willing'.

'You better!' She replied curtly as she pushed her plate away and rose up from her seat. Naeem felt really bad.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

El-Muneer Mansion - 25th January, 2021

Aadeel informed Shazia he'd be coming later in the day and she was so excited. She told the cooks what to make for him, supervised everything and later went to her section to get dressed.

After having a hot shower, Shazia sat on her dressing stool happily applying her lotion. She couldn't wait to see Aadeel. She had only seen him once - since she became his wife - , the day he came for the introduction with his father. It had only been four days but she longed to see his handsome face again. They however spoke more than five times each day but it still wasn't enough for her, she couldn't tell him that though. Aadeel on his part was too shy to see her parents, which was why he endured staying away from her for days.

Aadeel called to inform her he was in the guest parlor and she quickly wrapped her veil around her head. She stood for a few minutes in front of the mirror admiring herself. She looked breathtaking.

Gazing upon herself in the mirror one last time, she sprayed her Louis Vuitton 'Spell on You' perfume and left the room.

'I'll take that. Thank you'. Shazia told the maid she met just outside the parlour carrying a glass tray full of snacks and fruits for Aadeel. The maid obediently handed the tray to her and walked away. Shazia feels she should be the only one serving her husband in all aspects, hence the act! She wants to gain Allah's pleasure and reward and also her husband's pleasure.

'Assalamu alaikum Ahyaan (God's gift)'. She greeted him as she stepped into the living room in a royal blue Dal The Brand Embroidered Sleeve Abaya in Crepe with its veil nicely wrapped around her head and a very light makeup on her face. That was her first time calling him that!

'Ahyaan'. He repeated to himself. 'I love that name'. He was all smiles. 'Wa alaikumussalam Noorie. You look so beautiful'. He complimented. He had noticed she loves Abayas.

'Thank you'. She responded shyly.

'How have you been?' He asked.

'I've been doing well, alhamdu lilLah. You?'

'I'm good too, alhamdu lilLah'.

'Please have something to eat'. Shazia served and handed him stuffed croissants, sausage rolls, chicken meatballs, mini burger and chicken lollipop on an appetiser plate with mixed fruit punch in a tumbler.

'Thank you'. The couple talked for a while as Aadeel munched the delicacies. 'These are so nice'. He complimented.

After about an hour, Aadeel gave her a gift box containing 3 designer perfumes and Ferrero Rocher chocolates and left.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Alhaji Abduljabar's Residence - 25th January, 2021

'Assalamu alaikum'. Naeem greeted as he stepped into the living room.

'Wa alaikumussalam. Is this Naeem I am seeing in our house today?' Hajiya Kauthar teased.

'Good afternoon Ammi'. He scratched his head. 'I am really sorry I haven't visited in a while'.

'It's okay, I know how busy life can be. How are your parents?'

'They are fine, thank you. Where is Abba?' He asked, looking around.

'He went to visit a friend, but he should be on his way back'.

'Okay'. He responded, massaging his temple. He wanted to ask after Husnah but he couldn't. His aunt got the point.

'I'll call Husnah'. Hajiya Kauthar informed him, smiling.

'Thank you Ammi'. He smiled back.

Husnah who saw Naeem's car through her window was already dressed by the time her mother got to her room.

'Ma Shaa Allah, my baby looks good'. Hajiya Kauthar complimented.

'Thank you Ammi'. Husnah responded as she twirled in front of the mirror, in delight.

'You'll never change her'. Her mother shook her head. 'Don't forget the advice your aunt gave you though'.

'Okay Ammi. But I am leaving now, I don't want to stay long and he'll feel I dressed up for him'. She said, dramatically rolling her eyes.

'Oh God! This girl!'. Her mother burst into laughter.

'I love you'. She happily pecked her mother and left the room.

Husnah sashayed down the curved staircase - which is at the end of the living room - in her fitted Ankara gown, a veil wrapped around her head and her stiletto, pretending to be making a call and laughing hard. Naeem looked up and was awestruck by her beauty. She looked too beautiful and he just kept staring without blinking his eyes! He never actually spared her a decent look so he never noticed how beautiful she is.

Husna walked to the kitchen, set a tray full of snacks and drinks, and came back to the living room. She carefully placed it on the side table close to Naeem and sat on the sofa facing him. Naeem still couldn't take his eyes off her.

'Good afternoon'. She greeted him, crossing her legs.

'How have you been?' He inquired.

'Been good, Alhamdu lilLah. How's everyone at home?'.

'They are all doing well, alhamdu lilLah. They send their regards'.

'Thank you'. She continued pressing her phone.

The living room was quiet as different thoughts ran through their heads and the silence was getting awkward.

'No, nothing serious. I'll be on my way soon'. Husnah said on her phone, obviously sending a voice note.

Naeem felt a sharp pain in his chest. 'Nothing serious??'. He repeated in his mind. 'Am I that unimportant?' He wondered. 'Going somewhere?' He managed to ask.

'Yes, I have a lunch date with a friend'. She replied indifferently. She wasn't going anywhere, she just wanted to make him feel the dressing up wasn't for him and it actually was!

Naeem instantly felt jealous but masked it up. 'She's going on a date with another guy when we are about to get married?? 'How can she even go out dressed this way? And what if she already has feelings for him? ' He wondered but couldn't utter anything. Husnah on the other hand kept chatting and giggling, acting as though there was no one else there.

'Awww, thank you. I love yours too'. She voiced melodiously, obviously sending a voice note to a guy.

'I should be on my way'. Naeem told her, weakly. He didn't want to lose his cool so leaving was his best option.

'Oh, Yaya Naeem, sorry I forgot you are there'. She smirked which he failed to notice. 'Have something to eat before going'. She offered.

'I'm okay. Take care of yourself'. He stood up from the sofa. 'And please my regards to Abba when he gets home'.

'He'll hear'. She replied, still sitting. Naeem started walking away when he noticed she had no intention of walking him out.

'Assalamu alaikum'. Alhaji Abduljabar greeted as he walked into the living room. This got Naeem rooted to his spot.

'Oh my God! Abba just had to return now! My plans are definitely ruined'. Husnah thought to herself.

'Wa alaikumussalam. Welcome back Abba'.  They chorused.

'Thank you. Ahh, Naeem. Nice to see you'.

'Good afternoon Abba. I was just about to leave'. Naeem informed him.

'You are leaving already?'. Naeem nodded. 'I've only been away for 30 minutes and you got here after I left'. Alhaji Abduljabbar remarked, checking his wristwatch. 'You should stay longer and understand yourselves better. Your wedding is in less than a month'.

'Husnah has somewhere she wants to go, I don't want to keep her'.

'I am sure that can wait'. Alhaji  Abduljabbar turned to his daughter. 'Right Husnah?'. He retorted.

'Yes Abba'. She responded, her head bowed.

'I'll leave you to your discussion'. Alhaji Abduljabbar excused himself. Naeem went back to his sitting position.

He tried to spark up a conversation but Husnah was having none of it as she kept replying with 'yes' or 'no', frowning. He eventually got fed up with the attitude and left.

'Ohh Naeem, this is just the beginning!!'. Husnah voiced out loud as she heard his car leave their compound. 'I'll surely make you pay for how you treated me'. She promised as she walked back to her room with a self satisfied smirk on her face.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

El-Muneer Mansion - 31st January, 2021

'Assalamu alaikum. Good afternoon Umm Amir'. Shazia shrieked with delight. She really missed her. And with all the things currently having in her life, it's been a while since they last spoke.

'Wa alaikumussalam. Good afternoon little sister. How have you been? So sorry I haven't been in touch for weeks, a lot happened'.

'I've been good, Alhamdu lilLah. It's okay, you don't have to apologise. I was supposed to call too, sorry I wasn't able to'.

'No problem. Guess what?'

'What?' Shazia asked excitedly.

'We've moved back to Nigeria already. Something came up so we couldn't wait till March'.

'Oh my God! Alhamdu lilLah, Ma Shaa Allah. This is great news. Welcome back!! Where in Nigeria?'

'Abuja. But we'll be coming to Kaduna soon God willing'. Adila replied.

'I can't wait to see you all'. Shazia screamed.

'Likewise little sister, your kids missed you a lot'.

'I missed them more'. Shazia paused.  'I wanted to call and inform you that I got married a few days after I returned, sorry I didn't get the chance to. Everything happened so fast'.

'Alhamdu lilLah. Congratulations dear. I am really happy for you'.

'Thank you, his name is Aadeel Ahmad. He's more than 10 years older but he's so nice, religious and loving. He's very friendly but doesn't talk much though'. Shazia briefly informed her 'big sister', blushing.

'I can't wait to meet him'. Adila pretended, trying so hard not to laugh. Of course she knew Shazia didn't know they were related since she begged her  brother not to divulge that information. She was planning on surprising Shazia at the wedding.

'I'm sure you'd like him. You are almost age mates, I have a feeling you'd get along well'. Shazia assured her. 'The wedding reception is in March, I'll personally send the invite to Abuja when it's ready In Shaa Allah'.

'Don't stress yourself dear, you can send me the soft copy on WhatsApp'.

'Okay, thank you'. The ladies talked for about an hour, filling each other in on what they missed before ending the call.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Zayyan Residence - 6th February, 2021

Naeem met his mother and all his sisters in her room sorting out the 'lefe (Bridal Boxes)'.

'Relatives are coming tomorrow evening to take it to Husnah's house so we are trying to confirm if everything is perfect one last time'. His mother informed him. 'Are you checking the stuff out now or in the evening when your father gets home?'.

'It's okay Umma, I trust your choice. There's no need for me to see them'. Naeem gave a fake smile and he quietly watched his family excitedly sorting out the things and commenting on how gorgeous Husnah will look in them.

'Awwww. So cute. Husnah will love this!'. Fatima pouted, admiring a clutch bag and the others nodded in agreement.

'And this too! Definitely her taste.' Maryam pointed at a stoned lace fabric and the ladies continued arranging the boxes, chattering nonstop.

The arrangement was taking long so Naeem brought out his phone from his pocket and started pressing it.

'Umma, can we talk please?' He asked her about 40 minutes later when he noticed they were done arranging all 10 boxes and 3 baskets.

'I am all ears'. She assured him. His sisters knew it was time to leave so they rose. Fatima, being the last to walk out of the room, gently closed the door behind her.

'Yes Naeem. What is it and why are you looking stressed?'. His mother asked in a motherly way.

'Umma, I think the wedding should be called off. I doubt Husnah still has feelings for me'. He looked dejected.

'I'm sure she still has them, maybe she just doesn't know how to express them. But I am sure it'll all work out fine In Shaa Allah'. His mother, who knew Husnah was only acting, promised him.

'I don't want her to be forced into marrying me'.

'Nobody is forcing anyone into any marriage'.

'But Umma do you know how she has been treating me? She doesn't even give me attention when we are together and I think she's still seeing other guys'. He said, referring to her chats and voice notes in his mind.

'Naeem, why are you accusing your wife even before marriage?' She feigned anger.

'It's not an accusation Umma, I am sure of…'

'I don't want to hear any of it'. She interrupted him abruptly. 'If you don't want to marry the poor girl, just say it but never lay accusations on my daughter'.

'It's not like that, Umma. I didn't mean it that way, I am sorry'.

'Good. This topic is closed. Continue your plans for the wedding and leave us to ours'. She retorted dismissively.

'Yes Umma'.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Alhaji Ahmad's Residence - 15th February, 2021

Adila came to Kaduna for the wedding preparations but didn't inform Shazia she was in Kaduna because, well! She was still keen on surprising her. She planned on informing her she was in Kaduna a week to the wedding reception.

'Gentle, when are we travelling for the shopping please? You are the only person delaying it. The lefe should be with Shazia at least 2 weeks to the wedding'. Adila inquired.

'You know it has to be after Naeem's wedding, that's just like a week away'.

'But do you think you can still make it to Turkey and get everything ready before yours?' Hajiya Batool chipped in.

'Yes mummy, In Shaa Allah. I'm sending them by air'.

'What are you even getting from Turkey?' Adila who didn't know about the trip to Turkey asked.

'Aadeel wants to change all the furniture in his residence'. Hajiya Batool explained.

'Gentle, I thought you bought them just last year, do you really need to change them?'

'Yes Umm Amir, someone else is coming to stay in the house, everything should be perfect for her'.

'They are still new Gentle, some are still wrapped. I'm sure Shazia wouldn't mind using them'.

'Let it be Adila, if he wants to change them, he should'.

'Okay mummy'. Adila reluctantly agreed.

'Besides, the furniture won't go to waste, others will gladly use them. And it's best to give things out while they are new, not when you've worn them out. That way, you earn more reward'. Hajiya Batool explained.

'Yes, you are absolutely right mummy. May God forgive our shortcomings'.

'Aamiin aamiin'. Aadeel and Hajiya Batool chorused.

'So Aadeel, we are leaving 2 days after Naeem's wedding and that's final. You know I don't like being rushed, everything should be in place before the wedding. I'll tell the agent to get the visas ready'. Hajiya Batool informed him.

'Yes Mummy'. He nodded. 'Never mind, I'll handle that'. He assured her.

'I know you Gentle, please we are not taking a commercial plane'. Adila warned.

'Sure'. He burst into laughter at her facial expression and she couldn't help joining him.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The Wedding Luncheon -  21st February, 2021

Faruk called Fahad to inform him of a development and Fahad told him he'd be waiting for him in his dome.

By the time Faruk entered Fahad's parlour, he was all set in his favourite designer - Ralph Lauren-  'look' waiting for him. He had a black purple label Custom slim fit polo bear polo shirt, a white Stretch Slim-Fit Twill Trouser and a Roughout Suede Ball Cap on him.

'Do you have it?' Fahad inquired.

'Yes Sir'. Faruk responded, handing him a card.

Fahad glanced through it and nodded. 'Good! Ready?' He asked.

'Yes Sir, others are already in the cars'.

'Perfect!! Let's go!'

Fahad's white 2021 Lamborghini Huracán STO and 2 LandCruiser Prados sped out of the El-Muneer Mansion and headed for Dazzlers Event Centre.

The convoy parked some metres away from the entrance of the hall exactly 10 minutes after leaving the mansion and all men stepped out in style.

The bouncers at the entrance, who of course knew who Fahad was, cleared the path for him to enter without asking for a pass. But even if they didn't know him, seeing 6 escorts behind him would have definitely granted him an automatic pass. I mean, who jokes with the 'men in black'?. The bouncers respectfully greeted him, all blandishing him. Faruk handed them a bundle of ₦1000 notes and continued walking directly behind him.

'Ladies and Gentlemen, the next item on our programme of events is the cutting of the cake'. The MC announced. 'I'd like to call on the couple to cut their wedding cake please'. He added. The couple stylishly stood up but immediately froze in their tracks, gulping nervously, as they sighted Fahad El-Muneer.

'Who are these?' 'Is that not Fahad El-Muneer?' 'Is he here to avenge his sister's slap?' 'What is he doing here?' 'Is he friends with Naeem?' The guests began to murmur as they saw Fahad approach the stage. He collected the microphone from the MC and continued walking, ignoring the countless eyes staring at him. The only eyes that would bother him were Aadeel's and he wasn't ready to meet them so he avoided them.

The escorts took their positions and Fahad went on the stage, standing right in front of the couple and taking off his cap. The DJ instantly stopped playing the music and there was total silence.

'Oh my God!' Aadeel exclaimed as he realised what was about to happen.

'Hi, I'm Fahad El-Muneer. But judging from your facial expression, you already know that, don't you?'. Fahad inquired, as a hard slap landed on Naeem's right cheek. 'That's for my sister Shazia El-Muneer. You know, the lady you slapped on Isa Kaita Road 2 years back'. Fahad explained. There was a resounding sound across the hall as another slap landed on Naeem's left cheek. 'And that's my gift to you, for daring to raise a finger on a lady'. Fahad started walking away then turned to the startled bride. 'Oh! Where are my manners? You look beautiful, Ma Shaa Allah. Enjoy the rest of your evening'. Fahad concluded, throwing the microphone to the MC as he wore back his cap.

Just as he got down the stage, Naeem ran after him and all the escorts stood at alert, not sure of the outcome. 'Thank you for lifting the burden off my chest'. He whispered, giving Fahad a back hug. Fahad only nodded and continued walking away. There were still murmurs as people kept passing comments - most praising Fahad and few others criticising him.

Halfway across the hall, Fahad remembered something. 'Hey Naeem!!' He screamed, drawing everyone's attention to him. 'Have a happy married life!'. Fahad and the escorts walked out of the hall majestically and headed back home feeling accomplished. The slap was eventually avenged and Faruk was the happiest!

Photographs were taken, words of advice were said to the couple, Maryam said the vote of thanks and Naeem's aunt said the closing prayer. Naeem was distracted all through.

End of Chapter 27

So Fahad has finally fulfilled his promise to his sister.. Chaii, Yaya Fahad is too extra abeg, he needs to start chilling.. Why on earth will you slap someone at his own wedding reception please? 😂😂

I just love love Shazia And Aadeel, definitely my couple crush 😍😍

Please like (by pressing the star button below), comment and share.

Thank you 💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 1.5K 22
Previously known as Are we really destined to be together? "I'm waiting for the moment when my soul will leave this body and I'll be dead officially...
6.3K 369 20
"Are you really going to talk to Abbu?" She asked being serious after some time and I nodded my head. "Yep. I can try, right? I know there is 0.1% c...
10.6K 503 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...