π‡πŽππŽπ”π‘ π€πŒπŽππ†π’π“ οΏ½...

By ophelia_bennet

❝Sleep is overrated. It seems that, whenever I go to bed, the thick duvet lulling me into a false sense of s... More

| description |
| cast |
| soundtrack |
| profile |
0001 - Game Start
0002 - An Origin Story
0003 - Long Live The Queen
0004 - 'The Captain's Aloft'
0005 - Pride and Prejudice
0006 - Fr13nd5
0007 - Distractions

| discontinuation |

214 3 1
By ophelia_bennet

Hello everyone,

It's been a while. And by 'a while', I mean I haven't updated this fanfiction in over two years.

I can only apologise that it has taken me this long to finally make a decision on what to do with this story. I kept thinking that the motivation to write it would come back if I watched the film again or listened to some 80s music, but it never did.

The problem is that, because I have chosen to base this on the book, I have subjected myself to combing through and keeping the continuity of very dense detail. It stopped being fun because, honestly, I liked the book when I read it, but I never loved it and my passion for it is lost.

I am so sorry to those of you who have enjoyed reading this story and I am incredibly grateful for all of the votes and comments that you have left. I had hoped that they would raise my motivation too but, alas, no.

If there is any spark of good news out of this, it is that I was already planning to write an alternative version based on the film. The opening will be very similar, with a little improvement, and Demelza Leigh-Cane/Ak3l4 will still be the main character. The events of the fanfiction and the love interest will change.

I will be leaving these few chapters up because I am proud of them. Ready Player One is a pretty niche fandom when it comes to fanfiction so I want to leave as much of it out in the world as possible. I can't say when I will begin writing or uploading the alternative version - undoubtedly whenever my motivation feels like it.

Thank you again for all of the love and support before now. I hope that you can enjoy the alternative as much as this.

My Love, Always.

~ Ophelia X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 220 54
[COMPLETED] Heiress to the richest company in the world. The government of Japan has good relationships with your grandfather. It was the duty of the...
64.3K 1K 10
"The doorknob turned ever so slowly and you held your breath, unable to hear the squeak of rusted metal over your own heartbeat throbbing in your ear...
424K 12.5K 51
🐱 This book is available in Polish (@_bluef0x) and Italian (@kamisamapotter4ever), thanks to these WONDERFUL people (you can also check them out on...
4.6M 172K 97
*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, but be damned sure that I'll protect you...