Predators (Mei x Reader)

De StatBlast9

After surviving a tragic Kaiju attack in your home of Adelaide city, Operation Blackout was set into motion... Mais

Chapter 1: Operation Blackout
Chapter 2: Project Alpha
Chapter 3: Atlas and the Predator
Chapter 4: The Girl from Bogan
Chapter 5: The Clash of Clayton
Chapter 6: Hope
Chapter 7: Never-Never Valley
Chapter 9: Through the Divide
Chapter 10: Love and Loss
Chapter 11: The Path to Sydney
Chapter 12: Homecoming

Chapter 8: Bunyip-Man

900 21 5
De StatBlast9

The four of you run toward the cliffside where the odd man is still waving the torch at you. You and Mei turn the Predator so its back faces cliff and power it down. Before you can exit through the conn pod hatch, Mei grabs your arm and pulls you away for a second.

Y/N: What's wrong.

Mei: When did you meet those people you thought of earlier.

Y/N: What? Which people?

Mei: When I mentioned the Sisters of the Kaiju you thought of three cloaked figures. When did that happen.

Y/N: I think it was when we were looking for Boy in Clayton. Why does that matter?

Mei: Listen, if those people are a part of the Sisters, you are in a lot of trouble.

Y/N: They can't be that tough, I can handle it.

Mei: No you can't!

She is now holding both your arms firmly and making direct eye contact with you.

Mei: I've those people slaughter thousands of people. They are not a force to reckon with.

You can see the fear in her eyes. She lets go.

Mei: ...Sorry. We should probably get going.

She then walks past you without another word to join Taylor and Hayley. You take a moment to think on what Mei had said and then you follow after her. Outside you can see the man still waving the torch at you.

???: I'm more than a bit pissy you put down one of my Acidquills back there. Though you could claim it was self defence I don't care.

Looking at him you can see several scars on his face and arms, unkept hair and you also notice that his left forearm is completely missing.

???: Why in hell's sphincter would you bring TWO Jaegers into a valley filled with Kaiju, stiring up that negative energy and all.

Hayley: Because, we need your help.

The man turns toward Boy and notices the massive bite on his chest.

???: Follow me. Don't dawdle.

You follow the crazy man up to a small steel cabin, Mei continuing to walk slightly in front of you. All of a sudden, you hear a loud roar as a massive Trespasser emerges from the cliffside ahead. You and Mei each pull out one of your energy pistols ready to fire. The odd man turns around to face the both of you and then looks at Mei.

???: Have we met before?

Mei: Bogan.

???: Ah right, Shane's daughter? Hired gun? Good shot, bad temper? Yeah, a BB gun might work on the small ones, but for Lucy, that'll just add a bit of spice when she swallows you whole.
He walks up to Mei and puts down her pistol, and then looks over to you.

???: For your sake, I think it best you keep the gun down.

You look over at Taylor who shrugs and then over at Mei who doesn't seem comfortable keeping her pistol away, but you put yours down as well. The weird guy then walks up to "Lucy".

???: Now, now Lucy, nothing to be anxious about here, go tend to your pups.

Lucy lets out a loud roar.

???: Hey, hey now, this is my space, you go to yours. Now, now, get.

Lucy then turns around and walks away. You can just stand there dumbfounded that this guy just told a Kaiju what to do.

???: *sigh* Like a daughter to me that one. I found her orphaned in her clutch. By just the kind of Jaeger devil you rode in on. Oh, did I mention she was hand fed, literally.

He waves up his missing arm.

???: Yep, babies like to be fed palms up, one mistake I won't make twice. Yeah we were both learning back then.

Mei: Uh, did you just call it Lucy.

You can see that everyone else in the group was just as surprised as you were.

???: Yep, that's her name.

Taylor: And yours is?

???: Oh lots of things, Kaiju Whisperer, Never Never Nut, Whoop Whoop Wallaby, Crazy Son of A Bitch. Oh and uh Lefty. I mean seriously its Righty people.

Y/N: Do you have a preference?

???: Hmm, Bunyip-Man.

After that strange encounter, you follow Bunyip-Man into his cabin. It is pretty basic nothing much but a bed a counter and a back room.

Bunyip-Man: There. Lay him right there.

Taylor, who had been carryong Boy this whole time, put him on the bed. You see Bunyip-Man go into the back room and come back with a set of zoom-lens goggles as he goes to look at Boy.

Bunyip-Man: Three punctures, central injection fang. That's a Kaiju tick alright, a real pain to remove. How'd you get it off.

Mei: Gave it a few punctures of my own.

Bunyip-Man: Ah, nothing left of it then.

Hayley: Who cares. Can you help him.

Bunyip-Man: The problem is, them doodlebugs don't bite people kind.

Hayley: Isn't like most people.

You see Bunyip-Man give Hayley a look.

Y/N: Does it matter if its a Kaiju or not?

Bunyip-Man: I've been studying Kaiju ticks, them being the biggest natural threat to Kaiju and all. I can't really help him if I don't know what he really is.

Hayley and Taylor look at each other before speaking up.

Taylor: We sort of found him, in a lab. We thought he was just a regular boy until he turned into something else. A Kaiju.

Hayley: He saved us from a Copperhead.

Bunyip-Man: Oh the Copperhead. I know him well. Used to come here all the time to check on his younglings.

Y/N: Younglings?

Hayley: That thing had kids.

Bunyip-Man: Three of 'em actually. There used to be four until one of them...

Mei: How about we stay on task?

Bunyip-Man: Oh, right right, this little fella.

Hayley: He's not a killer like other Kaiju. He's an innocent.

Bunyip-Man: Ah, now it makes sense, him being Kaiju with dash of human DNA, most likely. Hmm, I wonder how its grafted. Their tri-helix shouldn't be compatible with our double...

You start thinking about the scientists at the labratory you were in. Could they have created Boy too? Were you two the same? Your mind kept turning, thinking about these things when you hear the group start talking about the Sisters.

Bunyip-Man: Ugh, hideous hell maidens. They sneak in and rustle up all my babies. I hate 'em.

Taylor: They rustle Kaiju.

Bunyip-Man: With other Kaiju. They have some unholy mental bond. Not sure who's, slave to who. So I catch their vicious little blighters and feed them to my Kaiju.

Bunyip-Man: My valley is a save haven for 'em, unlike any other in the Black. You show these marvelous creatures love, provide for 'em, they come, they stay anmd they love back. So when I fail to protect them...

Hayley: I'm sorry about your family. But maybe you can help mine.

Your mind is caught in the thought of the Sisters and their unholy connection, your encounter with those figures and that symbol you saw in Clayton. Overwhelmed you decide to take a step outside and walk to the side of the cliff where you had seen Lucy earlier. After a little while, you hear footsteps behind you. You turn to see Mei walking toward you.

Mei: Tell me he's not batshit crazy.

Y/N: Oh he definetly is. But, do you think its possible to coexist with Kaiju?

Mei: Maybe.

There was a pause.

Mei: Look, I'm sorry about earlier.

Y/N: Why?

Mei: I shouldn't have shouted at you like that. It's just, I'm worried. Those Sisters can be ruthless and if they find out your part Kaiju, there's no telling what they will try to do with you.

You feel warm inside when she says that.

Y/N: Thank you. That really means a lot.

You both look at each other for a while when the rest of the group comes outside.

Bunyip-Man: Right, we'll do this outside in case he decides to explore his Kaiju side again.

You look over and see Bunyip-Man, Hayley and Taylor walk outside with Boy. Taylor sets him on a little stone slab and you and Mei walk up to him. You notice Bunyip-Man carrying a small vial.

Y/N: Is that going to help him?

Hayley: I hope so.

You hear loud roars in the distance.

Bunyip-Man: Hear them out there? My wonderful family. I welcome their call every night. That's when I commune with them. The energy it creates is so positive and peaceful.

You see Bunyip-Man walk to the edge of the cliff and start waving the torch around. The bellowing of the Kaiju continues and you give everyone a concerned look, which they all seem to agree with.

Bunyip-Man: Ah, a little extra feisty today. Probably seeing those Jaegers got 'em all emotional.

You see him start walking away toward a narrow stone bridge.

Y/N: Hey, where are you going?

Bunyip-Man: The enery is all over the place, I can't work under these conditions. Some nice, raw Ripper steaks should bring them back into balance.

You watch as he disapears over a ridge. You look over at the rest of the group and they all shrug, just as confused. When you look back at the narrow bridge, you suddenly get this mild headache as you hear a flash of whispers. After they disappear, you see Bunyip-Man running back toward you.

Bunyip-Man: Oh no, not good! Really not good! The Rippers they're...

The roaring continues in the distance.

Y/N: What, what happened?

Bunyip-Man: Sisters!

You all freeze and you and Mei exchange terrified glances.

Mei: They're here? The Sisters are here?

Bunyip-Man: Something you should know by now Mei, the Sisters are everywhere. But that doesn't matter, my Kaiju don't need food to calm down.

You can tell that Bunyip-Man was getting really worried.

Bunyip-Man: It's like I said before, show them love, they love in return. It's... it's a truth. Ancient. Spiritual.

Hayley: Please he's getting worse, give us the antivenom!

Taylor: Yeah, it's time for us to get going.

You can see Bunyip-Man ignore them and walk toward Lucy, the collosal Trespasser cliffside.

Bunyip-Man: Right, your babies, I didn't forget. I know, I spoil my grandkids.

He throws down a few dead mice and you see a handful of baby Trespassers gobble them up.

Bunyip-Man: Beautiful isn't she. She's the one who smashed the Australian Wall during the first attack. Now, eat up little ones.

With that Lucy lets out a loud roar knocking over Bunyip-Man. You put a hand on your energy pistol.

Bunyip-Man: Now come on Lucy, we talked about your temper. You'll get your dinner tommorow once I round some up.

Mei: He really thinks he's tamed.

The roars around you in the valley get louder.

Taylor: They don't sound happy.

Y/N: We have to get out of here.

Bunyip-Man: Oh don't worry they'll come down. Lucy, sweetness, can you go and quiet your brothers and sisters? Please?

And with that, Lucy brings down her massive jaws on Bunyip-Man and swallows him whole. She smashes her massive head on the cliffside, knocking you all backwards. You see Taylor get up and run into the smoke cloud left behind.

Hayley: No!

You see him come running back with Boy in his arms.

Taylor: Run!

You all start running for the narrow bridge Bunyip-Man had gone to.

Mei: Crazy fool, it wasn't love. All they cared about was his food. Now he's gone.

Hayley: And so is the antivenom, that was Boy's only chance.

All of a sudden, the stone bridge starts to crack as the Trespasser smashes into the side of the cliff once again. You see Mei tumble to side, hanging by the edge of cliff.

Y/N: Mei!

You run toward her and reach out your hand, catching just before she falls. Hayley and Taylor stop behind you.

Y/N: Keep running!

The two of them nod and keep running to board Atlas. You hear the collosal creature behind you and with a burst of strength, you pull up Mei to safety and run along the crumbling bridge just as the Kaiju smashes it to bits. You both jump inside the Predator's conn pod and boot up.

Y/N: MIRA, E-drift!

MIRA: Alright.

You feel both yours and Mei's mind clash together as the Predator readies for combat. You can already see Hayley and Taylor running, but you notice the Trespasser is coming for you. You ready a stance and just as it is about to hit you, you take it by the head and flip it over. You then turn and run toward Atlas.

LOA: We are approaching the Divide.

Taylor: Which way do we go?

MIRA: Kaiju approaching from the left. Take the right.

You both run around the cliffface and just as you turn, Atlas stops just ahead of you, down on one knee.

Mei: What are you doing? We have to move!

Taylor: Hayley's losing focus! We can't move!

You look around desperately and notice a narrow cavern to the left of the Divide. You give Mei a look and she answers with a nod.

Y/N: Hang on guys!

You see your veins start glowing a bioluminescent green as you get a burst of energy. You and Mei run over to Atlas and pick it up with one arm. You take out your Photon Axe and aim it straight at the opposite wall.

Y/N: MIRA, Vice Claw.

You watch as the tip of your axe opens and is launched outward like a grappling hook. It catches the side of cliff and you both start to pull. You feel your Jaeger start sliding along the rough ground, metal clanking as the mob of Kaiju that had been chasing start to disappear. Just before you reach the wall, an oncoming Acidquill takes a swing at you but you narrowly dodge out of the way, smashing into the side wall and into the small valley. Both you and Mei are panting heavily and your veins return to a normal color. You both look at each other and then at the Kaiju at the entrance.

LOA: The Kaiju are not pursuing, but remain gathered at the entrance.

Both you and Atlas get up and start walking deeper into the valley. As you approach a small opening, you see a small warning flash on the screen of your conn pod.

MIRA: I am detecting signatures ahead.

Y/N: Seriously, more Kaiju?

MIRA: Negative.

Mei: MIRA, floods.

You put out your arm and a massive light floods the entire valley. You can see embeded in the walls, dozens of rusting Jaegers, some you recognize, others that you have never seen before.

Y/N: What is this place?

Mei: This... This is the territory of the Sisters.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

59.5K 1.3K 25
Raleigh Becket| I DO NOT OWN PACIFIC RIM ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO ORIGNIAL CREATOR| Kristen has lost her whole family to a Kaiju. She had lost her parent...
16.7K 371 24
Minecraft: Story Mode- episode 4.5 The entire amulet then began to glow. The light got brighter and brighter until it was completely white. "What's h...
376K 25.8K 78
BOOK 4 COMPLETE Kaden is the Beta of Blackstone pack, and while fated mates are part of his world, he never gave much thought to finding his own, or...
34.7K 395 22
(Note) An Alternate Universe of the Pacific Rim universe: ●Non of the Jaegers are destroyed (Some are retired) ●Kaijus attack every twice a month ●...