Shifted

By EmillyKathrynn

REWRITTEN KINDLE VERSION WITH BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW!! Death wasn't something she feared, especially when she... More

Chapter One | Angel
Chapter Two | Dom Perignon
Chapter Three | Lemons
Chapter Four | Elevator
Chapter Five | Thankful
Chapter 7 | Bun bun
Chapter 8 | Museum
Chapter 9 | Commitment
Chapter 10 | Maria gets fomo
Chapter 11 | Trustee
Chapter 12 | Charity
Chapter 13 | Told you I'd kill
Chapter 14 | A ghost
Chapter 15 | I love you, it's okay
Chapter 16 | Candy cane footsies
Chapter 17 | A little chaotic family
Chapter 18 | MaryEllen James
Chapter 19 | Grandma is here
Chapter 20 | Family Reunion
Chapter 21 | PennyLane
Chapter 22 | Bridezilla
Chapter 23 | 011 and 023
Chapter 24 | Crisis of my fate
Chapter 25 | Secret life of HT
Chapter 26 | This is Goodbye?
Chapter 27 | Oh Amartolós who are you?
Chapter 28 | Unmasked
Chapter 29 | Guardian Angel
Chapter 30 | Sorry I'm late to dinner
Chapter 31 | The greatest crime
Chapter 32 | Aftercare
𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 + 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐖
Epilogue
First Strike - OUT NOW

Chapter Six | IWHLMB

5.3K 112 10
By EmillyKathrynn

ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ

4 years ago

"You really think I should be here?" He placed his hand behind my back as he nods "it's a poker game, I have no poker face. In fact I don't even know how to play the game" I think my chances of being good at poker are slim to none, not that I'm not up for a challenge. But more so I know this is one I will not win.

"You won't be playing, in fact I need a good luck charm. Lucky for me, it looks good in red" I glared him "mmm so you use me for distraction?" We follow the crowd of couples in lengthy dresses and suits.

The house we entered was modern with Parisian elements. We filled a room filled with a table laced with green carpets, cards and chips. We were approached by a bulky man with sunglasses looking like he wanted to kill one of us.

"Names?"

"Pierre and Elena Donahue?" He scanned his tablet and nodded letting us continue in.

"If only you could do a French accent, then maybe you'd get lucky tonight" I whispered.

"Don't tempt me" his hand moved from my back to my ass squeezing it lightly as we continued forward to a table of men in black tie dealing away. We sit down as they all gaze at me.

"Princess who invited you to the party"

"Call me princess again and you'll lose a few fingers" he smirked at me "feisty eh? Pierre your wife must play now to" I looked at him unsure.

"No exceptions made, plus you have double the shot at winning" they snickered as I simply just nodded at him "deal"

"Mrs.Donahue I hope you understand that, this ain't no go fish?" The man who looked to be about almost 80 years old mocked me as I sat.

"I assure you sir, I don't" the cards were dealt and I was given my hand.

As the game went by I wasn't losing like the others but I wasn't at the top either. Not until my hand grew and I displayed my worried eyes "fold"

We all folded as all eyes turned to me "Hate the game not the player boys" I collected the chips gracefully "You make me look like a rookie Elena" he whispered.

"I used to watch my fathers games as a child, wasn't supposed to but I did secretly" his hand traveled down my thighs teasing my underwear as I grabbed it "no distractions Pierre, we must play"

That night I won enough money to pay off some of my student loans and a love a poker. He took my hand leading me down steps to an oak room. A pool table displayed as he locked the door behind us "Are you trying to beat me at pool?"

"I was more so thinking about playing a different way" he stepped forward taking off the strap that held the integrity of my dress.

"Hmm and what way is that?" His hands wrapped around my waist reaching for my ass as he gripped it "the way I lift you up and fuck you right here and right now on this pool table"

"You're right I like that way better" my dress was lifted as my thong suddenly made its way to the floor, he stared at me confidently as I unbuckled his pants dropping them to the ground.

He lifted my dress further and thrusted into me as his hand gripped the pool table as I held onto his arms "Hope" he said breathlessly

"Pierre shhh, don't blow our cover" I whispered giggling softly leaning my head against him. His pace quickened as I held onto him to stay grounded.

He swiftly lowered my bra strap taking me into his mouth as I gasp. He sinking into me deeper "F-" his hand covers my mouth as I loan into it.

"Quiet, the others will hear" he moved faster as I felt myself coming closer and soon we both found our release as we both moaned in pleasure.

"Hope"

"Yeah" I stared into his eyes as I grazed his light stubble "I love you" he rasps out the words I've been dying to hear for days, months, years at this point I've lost count.

"You're not just saying that because of the really good sex we just had right?" He shook his head.

"No, no it's not because that" his arms wrap around me placing a kiss against my forehead "it's because I've been waiting to say it forever" I rolled my eyes.

"What's going through your head?" I duck my head down but he matches it staring at me straight on "you don't have to say it back, I know I just threw this on you"

"See I'm just trying to figure out if you mean it or if it's just lust" I admitted.

He reached down to his pants and instead of pulling them back up. He grabbed his leather wallet and pulled out a gum wrapper "what is that" he flipped it over and handed it to me.

3/14/14 Denison

"I can't believe you still have this" I looked up at him surprised "You told me to write down a wish on one side and you'd do it on the other"

"You peaked at my wish didn't you?" I mused.

"Well all you wrote was the letters IWHLMB, never knew what stood for" I reached for the palm of his hand facing it towards me.

"I" I began to trace each letter "W, wish"

"H, he"

"L, loved"

"M, me" he glanced up at me "B... back"

"We were starving at the beach late night, all we had was a stick of gum. I made a wish, but I wasn't letting you know it so easily" he chuckled.

"So this whole time it was a riddle"

"Yes, a riddle to my heart" I winked at him as he pulled me back into him again.

Present time

"So you're telling me, our friend asleep upstairs was conceived on a pool table at some strangers house in the suburbs?" Lucas says intrigued as he sits across from me criss cross applesauce.

"Well, either that or on a beach in sandwich late night" he scoffed "now that was the best sex I ever had" I felt my cheeks grow feverish at the thought of it.

"How did you hide this from Bella?" I shrugged sipping back my rosé "she was too busy hooking up with her fiancé, well before he was the Grayson I know and love. The play boy within him, but he was secretly only screwing her. But trying to make her feel jealous, she knew though I don't know how, but Bella always knew"

I reached for a cracker but Lucas beats me to the last cube of cheese "hey! That was mine"

"Nah ah you did not call dibs" he stuck his tongue out at me "So who's the dick who blew you off tonight?" I rolled my eyes at once again as he urged "I came to watch Joely and find myself on the floor gossiping with you"

"I needed updates on Layla?" He shook his head.

"Naomi?" He shakes his head again.

"Claire?" This time he seems pissed "throw me a bone man?" He gave me a smile.

"Claire was last week, your distracted about Reed? So why'd he cancel" I felt the grin spread across my face "What? I've never seen anyone smile over a canceled date"

"Well my sexy... sexy date, is a sexy doctor and he had to go to the hospital. He felt like a dick but there was a pile up and he was as on call" Lucas leaned back relaxing.

"So how did this sexy doctor... find you?"I threw my pillow at him as he squirmed "hey that was rude, I am... fascinating!"

"I like how you used the word 'fascinating' to describe your best quality" I leaned back squeezing a pillow.

"I am young and sexy okay. I have a lot going for me Lucas, come on I mean look at me" he stared at me up and down and smirked.

"Alright fine your a fox, and you can get it girl. I was just teasing you, mostly because I'm jealous" I sighed a knock came at the door.

"I'll get it" I stood walking over to the door and looked through the peephole. Surprised was the least of words and I turned to Lucas "He's here!" I squealed.

"What's going on?" I unlocked the door slightly to see him standing in his scrubs exhausted. He lifted a bottle of wine "I know it's late and I just got off, I promise to take you on a real date. But I just had to see you tonight" his eyes pleaded to me and I smiled softly.

"Only because those scrubs look damn good on you" he chuckled and I opened the door to welcome him inside.

"Pj's on the first date Hope? I love it already" I laughed as I took the bottle from his hand.

"Lucas you are free to go" he stood smirking at me as I felt slightly embarrassed at the look on his face "oh Reed this is my co-worker Lucas" he rolled his eyes at me.

"Co-worker? Nah ah I'm one of her best friends" he glared at me walked over "and you must be the sexy doctor?" I wanted to shove him out the door forcefully.

I could do it, but I don't think that nows the time to make that impression on anyone "Oh so you've spoken about me huh?" Reed looked at me as I turned to Lucas.

"Well Lucas was just on his way out anyways" he nods and waved me goodbye leaving "bye guys, have fun!" The door slams and I look to Reed.

"I really love these pajamas" I looked down to my strawberry pajama set and back up to him.

"Oh these are nothing, I got a pair of feetsie ones that are even more sexy" I walked into the kitchen grabbing two new glasses.

"I didn't know what kind of wine you liked so I went with Pinot Noir. If I'd of known you loved rosé I would've come through" he looked over at the half empty bottle in the corner of the kitchen.

"Oh not that's strictly reserved for wine night and gossip sessions. Hence Lucas and the rosé" he sat in the stool across from me.

"So where's Joely?" I motioned to the stairs and he nodded "well it is 10 thirty at night, and if you're here for sex. Unfortunately I am not able to unwind at the moment" he chuckled at me.

"I'm not the sex on the first date kind of guy don't worry. Well I'm not the first date kind of guy either" he admitted.

I leaned against the island counter confused as I stared at him "you've never been on a date?"

"I'm not the dating kind of guy, it's always been my career first. But I liked you, you're a spitfire" I poured him a glass handing it over.

"I'm sorry and how old are you?"

"I'm thirty" I couldn't help but laugh again.

"It's not funny, I am insecure about my age. I'm no longer considered young to most people" I frowned at him.

"Oh boo hoo you could be forty" he rose a brow at me and I scoffed "I'm twenty five"

"I know that, but I thought maybe you had a miracle worker plastic surgeon"

"You are a dick you know that right?" he nods.

"Hence why I don't do dates I tend to piss them off five minutes in. But you haven't kicked me out just yet?" I sighed.

"So twenty five? How old were you when you had Joely, I mean you went through law school and everything" I took another swig of my wine staring into those dreamy blue eyes.

"Yeah I was pregnant my first year at BU and then a mother for the rest. But I graduated early and now I've been at the firm" he smiled at me impressed "so if I get into any legal trouble I know who to call?"

I chuckle "do you plan to murder anyone in the near future?" He shook his head.

"Then I guess not" I stood traveling to the living room as he followed "would you like to watch a movie?" I questioned.

"Only if it's not some cheesy rom-com?"

"Oh what else would it be!" He followed me to the couch sinking down into the sectional and opens his arms for me to sit in, so I accept his offer.

"You smell like surgery" I tease "Don't worry I think it's hot" I hear him let out a sigh of relief "Have you ever watched 10 things I hate about you?"

"Nope"

"Well tonight you will"

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 7.5K 50
Draft • unedited. • • • "And I do love it when a man is at the pointy end of my dagger." I push the blade in more, a sliver of skin parting as red...
7.4K 642 46
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐮𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 ❝I will not have you without the light that hides within you and I will not let you have me withou...
Mariposa By Jude River

Mystery / Thriller

423 57 26
In the midst of complete and utter darkness, I can hear two distant men's voices echoing through the void. One of them has a smooth and sultry tone t...
388K 8.1K 26
" Leave me Tristen " I yelled in pain as he kept his hold tight on my arm. His face was inch away from mine " You are mine . I won't leave you not to...