The children who lived, Fough...

By Moldyvoldytoes420

||ONGOING|| 1976, the year that changed the Maurders and so life. What will happen when a note suddenly appea... More

Author's note
NEW BOOK (s)
Cast
Prologue
FIRST YEAR: THE SORCERER'S STONE
Chapter One
chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter evelen
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter 16
SECOND YEAR; THE CHAMBER OF SECERETS
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
THIRD YEAR; THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty Three
FOURTH YEAR; THE GOBLET OF FIRE
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter fourty eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter Fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fity seven
FIFTH YEAR: THE ORDER OF PHEONIX
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty one

Chapter Forty-four

4.6K 130 42
By Moldyvoldytoes420

THE DEMENTOR'S KISS PT.2

[Harry, Hermione, and Buckbreak are now running through the forest at night]

"Now what?" Harry whispered, looking around.

"We save Sirius."

"And we do that... how?"

"No idea."

"How the fuck are you gonna save him if you don't know how."

McGonagall gives up with trying to scold them for their foul language.

They continue to run, stopping at the edge of the forest. The Whomping Willow.

A figure approaches the thrashing tree.

"Look. It's Lupin" Harry said suddenly.

"It's Moony." Sirius nudges Remus's shoulder.

As the Whomping Willow continues to thrash, Lupin takes a stick and pokes a knot in the trunk. Instantly, the Willow calms.

"Here comes Snape."

As Lupin disappears into the gap at the base of the tree, Snape makes his way down the slope.

"And now we wait." Whispers Harry.

"Now we wait," Hermione repeats.

[Moments later Harry and Hermione are sitting together in the lengthening shadows. Harry snaps off a piece of chocolate, and hands it to Hermione.]

Evan shakes his head, "I can't believe they time traveled."

"Hermione..."

"Yes?"

"Before. Down by the lake. When I was with Sirius...I did see someone... that someone made the Dementors go away."

Hermione nods, "With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore when we were taken to the hospital. According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it."

Harry smiles a bit, "It was my Dad."

James shakes his head, looking like he's about to break down.

Sirius and Remus rub his back.

Hermione looks at Harry.

"It was my Dad who conjured the Patronus."

Harry glanced up at Hermione and saw that her mouth was fully open now. She was gazing at him with a mixture of alarm and pity.

"But, Harry, your Dad's..."

"Dead. I know. I'm just telling
you what saw."

Hermione nods, not wanting to press Harry further, then glances beyond the trees, toward the Whomping Willow.

"Here we come." She whispers.

Hermione and Harry got to their feet. Buckbeak raised his head. They see
Remus, Ron, and Pettigrew clambering awkwardly out of the hole in the roots. Then came Hermione... then the unconscious Snape, drifting weirdly upward. Next came Harry, Primrose, and Sirius. They all began to walk toward the castle.

Harry studies himself, Primrose, and Sirius.

"You see Sirius talking to me? He's asking me and Rosie to come live with him"

"Really?"

Harry nods, his voice wistful. "When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursleys. I'm going to tell him I'd like to live someplace in the country. I think he'd like that, after all those years in Azkaban. We don't need a big place and I can help him..."

Sirius smiles sadly at the screen. He hopes that happens, wanting to give primrose and Harry the family they deserve.

A Howl pierces the night. Hermione glances toward the willow.

"It's happened. Lupin's transformed."

"Which means Pettigrew is slipping safely into the night. While we just stand here."

"Harry," Hermione muttered, "we've got to stay put. We mustn't be seen. There's nothing we can do...."

"Hermione!" said Harry suddenly. "We've got to move!"

"We mustn't, I keep telling you—"

"Not to interfere! Lupin's going to run into the forest, right at us!"

Hermione gasped.

"Quick!" she moaned, dashing to untie Buckbeak. "Quick! Run!"

They continued to run more further away from lupin. Stopping at the black lake.

Both Hermione and harry had a look of Shocked and Terror-stricken on their face. Opposite them, across the lake, a Cyclone of Dementors whirls madly above The twins and Black.

Harry watches himself vainly attempt to conjure a Patronus as the cyclone only continues to grow.

"This is horrible.."

"Don't worry. My Dad will come... Right there you'll see. he'll come... any minute. he'll conjure the Patronus"

"I don't think he gonna come kid," Dorcas said.

Hermione eyes Harry warily. He is transfixed, staring hungrily toward the outcrop. The Wind Rises. The Lake begins to freeze.

One after another, Dementors drop from the sky and vanish in the cyclone.

"No one's coming, Harry," Hermione whispers.

"HE WILL! He will come!"

She looks. Nothing. Desperately, her eyes flash to the cyclone, to the pitiful sight of the twins and Black at the water's edge, wracked with pain, dying...

"No one's coming! You're dying, both of you... and no one's coming!"

Harry's face changes. A riddle unravels.
He draws his wand.

"HARRY, NO!" Hermione shouts.

But It was too late. Harry slashes through the trees, down to the rocky outcrop, to the exact spot where his father appeared. Poising his wand, he looks out over the sea of Dementors on the other side of the lake.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

A wisp of silver escapes his wand, hovering like a mist, then blooms magnificently. The trees explode with light.

"It was him!"

Jaws dropped, and people were in disbelief.

A thirteen-year-old boy casted a Patronus.

The Lake blazes with reflected Fire. Harry stands utterly still, wand extended to the heavens. Across the lake, the Dementors retreat. Harry waits, still as a statue, until everyone is gone. Then he simply lets his arm drop.

James and lily smile, proud of their son.

McGonagall's jaw drops, at only thirteen he was able to cast a Patronus.

[Harry and Hermione are plunging Into Frame astride Buckbeak, Soaring toward the castle.]

Evan frowns, "That seems so fun."

"You were right, Hermione. It wasn't my dad I saw earlier. It was me. I saw myself conjuring the Patronus before. I knew I could do it this time, because... because I'd already done it. Does that make sense?"

Hermione contemplates this.

"No." She looks down in fear, "But I don't like this!"

[buckbeak lands upside the tower that is holding Sirius]

Sirius paces within a Small Cell, a man condemned. Spying Harry and Hermione, he stops. Stunned to see them.

Hermione pushes past Harry.

"Out of the way!" She raises her wand,
"Alohomora!"

Sirius tests the iron door, it's still locked.

"Didn't really expect that to work."

Hermione tries spell after spell.

"Dunamis! Liberare! Annihilare!
Emancipare! No.No.No"

"You might try—"

Hermione shushes Sirius, "Quiet! I'm trying to think."

She resumes pacing, muttering furiously, she then stops and turns.

"BOMBARDA!" She shouts, The Cell Door Rockets to the sky.

Sirius jumped up and let out a cheer. James joined in along with Remus.

Sirius laughs, "That'll do."

The screen changes to show Buckbeak spirit Harry, Hermione, and Sirius off the terrace and soar in the sky Just as Snape and Fudge reach the top of the Tower.

Sirius laughs, hair blowing in the wind.

"You truly are your father's son, Harry!"

Buckbeak lands them in the clock tower courtyard moments later.

Sirius helps Hermione off Buckbeak and onto the ground next to Harry.

"I'll be forever grateful for this. To both of you."

"I want to go with you."

Sirius shakes his head, "One day perhaps. For some time.. life will be too... unpredictable. Besides, you're meant to be here."

Black claps his shoulder and looks him in the eye. "But promise me something, Harry."

Harry nods, "Anything."

"Trust yourself. No matter the challenges you face—and I fear they will be many—you'll be surprised how many times you can find the answers." He taps his heart "here."

Fleamont smiled, remembering how he said something very similar to him when Sirius showed up at his house covered in blood and bruises.

As Sirius climbs atop Buckbeak, a SHOOTING STAR arcs through the heavens.

"A shooting star. Make a wish.."

Sirius is about to give buckbeak the go-ahead but pauses and turns back to harry one more time, "One last thing. Stay by your sister's side no matter what. Don't make the stupid mistake I did."

Regulus shallowed harshly, eyes watering.

Sirius looked at Him but he wouldn't turn his head.

Harry nods once again, a tad bit confused.

Sirius gives Buckbeak a Slap and they soar into the glittering sky. Harry and Hermione stand watching, when a bell is heard. They wheel around and Look over to the Clock Tower.

"We have to go."

As Harry and Hermione dash off, the Camera Tracks After, Rising With them as they race up the tower stairway, then passing through the mechanism and on through to the end of the corridor. The Clock Tower Bell Thunders.

A Door Opens. Dumbledore backs out.

"By the way, when in doubt, I always find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin...Good luck."

As Dumbledore begins to close the door, Harry and Hermione stumble frantically forward, the door about to hit the jamb, when... suddenly Dumbledore stops and looks up.

"Well?"

"He's free— Sirius. We— We did it."

"Did what?" Dumbledore asks with a twinkle in his eye, he swings open the door. As Harry and Hermione enter the hospital wing they catch the faintest glimpse of...themselves across the room just as they evaporate. Ron blinks.

He Turns and Frowns. "How'd you two get over there? I was just talking to you.
over there."

Laughs are heard.

Ron glances to the other side of the room. Hermione glances mischievously to Harry.

"What d'you think, Harry? Too much for him— everything that's happened tonight?"

"Afraid so. Always been a bit of the nervous type, Ron has."

Ron stares at them, confounded.
Slowly, they Grin.

[The next morning Harry and Primrose walk softly into Professor lupin's office.]

Lupin stands over a battered suitcase, filling it with the last of his books. Without turning, he speaks.

"Hello, Harry, Primrose"

Both Harry and Primrose Jump.
Lupin turns and smiles through haggard eyes.

"Saw you coming." He points to
The Marauder's Map that lies open on an otherwise bare desk.

The twins nod, and looks back to Lupin. Unable to disguise their shock at Lupin's appearance.

"I've looked worse, believe me."

They eye the open desk drawers... the bare bookshelves.

"You've been sacked," Harry says slowly.

"Resigned, actually."

Remus looked away, upset that he didn't get to keep his dream job.

Rabastan groaned, "Now why would you do that lupin? You were the only normal teacher. The first one had you know who on the back of his head and the second one was a dumb fuck who only cared about himself."

Barty hummed, "I wonder who their teacher next year is."

Primrose gasped, "No! We have to have another Defense against the dark arts teacher next year. I actually liked you..." she pauses before grinning, "Godfather."

Remus's eyes widened, "Who told you?"

"Guess."

He chuckles, "I should have known, that damn man."

"You know I'm kinda hurt that you kept it from me this whole year. Hurts my tiny little heart."

Remus shakes his head at the girl as Harry frowns.

"Resigned! But why!"

"It seems that someone has let slip the nature of my condition."

"Snape." the twins say

The maurders glare at said boy.

"Whoever. It was bound to get out.
This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving. Parents will not want a—someone like me—teaching their children."

"But Dumbledore..." Harry tried but Remus shook his head.

"Has already risked enough on my behalf. Besides, people like me, well.
let's just say I'm used to this by now. But before I go, tell me about your Patrons."

"Well. At first, I thought it was a horse, or perhaps a unicorn, but I think it was—"

"A stag." Remus smiles.

"Yes."

"Moose" Primrose coughs

"No!"

Remus chuckles, "Your father used to transform into one. That's how he was able to keep me company when I became... sick. He was a great friend
James."

James scoffed, "Oh course I am."

Lupin smiles wanly, and lifts his sorry suitcase. Then stops.

"There are stories about him and your mother, you know. Some are even true. But I think it's safe to say, in the end, you'll know them best by getting to know yourself. I'm sure we'll meet again someday but until then..."

Lupin then with a wicked twinkle, raises his wand. "Mischief managed."

The twins watch the Map go blank. When they look back up the professor is gone.

"Where did he go?"

[The scene switches to Primrose walking down the corridor when suddenly she is pulled inside a brooms closet]

She begins hitting whoever grab her but stops when she hears a flimair groan.

"Riddle?" She asks confused

Marlene wiggles her brows.

Mattheo grits his teeth at her, "Jesus woman chill out."

"You literally just grabbed me out of nowhere. Of course, I'm not gonna be chill."

Mattheo just glares at her.

She frowns, "What's the matter with you?"

"You promised me."

"What are you talking about riddle."

"You promised me you wouldn't go after black!" He raises his voice causing Primrose's eyes to widen.

"I didn't go after black. I went after a dog that took Ron! Who happened to be Sirius."

"You don't even like the dumb carrot head."

Primrose sighs, "He's Harry's friend and kinda mine."

"I was worried sick about you! You broke your promise, you could have died!"

"Why are you overreacting? I am fine, Sirius was framed he was never after me or Harry!"

"Because I lo—" Mattheo stops what he was gonna say and just walks out of the closet, leaving a confused primrose behind.

James gasp, "No! He was about to say he loved my little girl, no way."

Regulus raises his brows, "And what are you going to do about it, Potter? You're dead."

"Shut it, Little black," James growls.

[The screen changes to show a group of excited Gryffindors standing in a circle around the Gryffindor table in the great hall. Ron standing right in the middle.]

"What's going on now?" Lucius questioned.

"Stand back, I said! I'll take it upstairs if you don't settle!"

As Harry arrives, he glances at Hermione, who Clears Her Throat Loudly. The others turn and begin all speaking at once.

NEVILLE: "Harry! Wherever did you get it!"

SEAMUS: "Can I have a go, Harry? you, of course—"

"Quiet!" Ron hiss and they quiet down.
"Thank you. Let the man through."

Mystified, Harry steps forward, the boys peeling away, clearing his view of the Broomstick in Ron's hands. The Label Gleams: 'FIREBOLT.'

The quidditch lovers gasp

James and Sirius start to squeal.

Regulus had to take deep breaths.

"Whose is that?" Harry's asks

Everyone laughs.

"Whose is it? It's yours, mate." Ron tells him.

"Who? But... how?"

"It's a mystery. Though... this fell out of the wrapping."

Harry turns, and sees Hermione holding up a feather.

"That's a Hippogriff feather" Harry states.

As Harry stops short, Hermione raises her eyebrow. they share a secret glance.

James smiles at Sirius who seems way happier than in the beginning.

"I am the best godfather ever!"

Remus raised a brow at Sirius.

[The screen changes once again to show the huge vertical doors Burst Open and Harry, trailed by the others, exits with the Firebolt.]

As he strides off, others join the assembly— Hagrid, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle among them. Curious to see what the commotion is all about.

As Harry stops, an expectant hush hangs over the moment.

SEAMUS; "Go on, Harry."

NEVILLE: "Yeah. Let's see."

Harry mounts the broom. Licks his finger and jabs it in the air. A few others do the same. Hagrid does the same. Crabbe and Goyle start to do the same, when Draco Slaps their hands down. Finally, Harry places his hand on the broom. Sets his grip. Takes a breath and Frowns

"What's wrong?" Said Fred and George, wondering why he isn't up in the air.

"I don't think it works. I think it's defective."

A collective groan is heard. Dejected, many of the kids begin to drift toward the castle. Harry calls after.

"Oh, come on now. It's just a broom."

Hagrid nods sagely, "Just a broom."

Harry's eye shifts to Ron and Hermione and he winks.

"The fastest broom in the world."

As everyone turns back around Harry jets off and becomes a tiny dot, growing larger and larger, and races upward.

It's Harry shooting straight into the blue on the Firebolt. Harry lets out a scream of Joy and the SCREEN GOES BLACK.

THE END

"Well, at least that's over." Narcissa huffs.

"Yeah, next year can't be that bad."

——————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 5.1K 54
ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ, Stories with you and your favourite Harry Potter characters cause we all know we have one or more Harry Potter...
199K 5K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
2.4M 78.2K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
23.6K 815 29
In his fifth year, Harry Potter met his parents when they travelled 20 years forward in time. Now everything has changed. The Second Wizarding War is...