Avengers: Liberation

Por heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... Más

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 6- New Home
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 12- Returning to New York
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2
Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 43- Broken Street
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 34- Valkyrie

75 5 0
Por heartofthesouth

I leaned over the circular portal allowing me to see the violence and carnage below, but did not allow those below to see back. There she was charging into battle like a Valkyrie, she would choose who lived and died. Bullet nor blade could hold back the wave of raw rage that poured from her. I looked won at my beautiful bride to be with eyes full of pride and wickedness. These she was, sceptre in hand, the blood of her enemies dripped off her skin like sweat. Her blade sliced through their armour like it was nothing more than air. My horned helmet sat proudly on top of her head, a symbol of me as well as her, a symbol of unity.

A bullet slammed into her chest causing her to stumble I grabbed the edges of the vision hoping, the past would not repeat. She bared her teeth as there was no blood spilt only ash that floated away from her seething form. She ran towards the enemy hand ready for combat, her bladed sceptre sliced across his body, allowing him one last bloodcurdling cry of pain as she wrapped her hand around his neck. He couldn't utter a word as he lifted him from the ground and drained his life away. Her electrical powers flowed from her and disabled him, burning him from the inside. His eyes grew bloody and blood gargled and poured from his mouth.

She was magnificent.

She threw his limp body away from her into another enemy, she vanished away the sceptre and in place she held a silver bladed katana. Her electrical powers joined with the blade, I watched as it crackled with untapped energy, now to be unleashed.

She threw the katana like javelin, spearing her victim, as the victim kneeled to the ground more assailants attacked her. Her bare hands punched, choked and tore at her enemies; she grew closer and closer to the X-Men. James Logan Howlett screamed out for her as he sliced through member after member of this Hydra horde trying to reach her. She looked over her armour clad shoulder and ran toward him.

I ran towards Logan as his claws slashed through Hydra flesh like ribbons. My bare fist crackled with potential electrical energy as I slammed it up into the jaw of a Hydra agent discharging hundreds of volts into him. I twisted around, and pushed my katana blade into another Hydra agent as he got ready to aim. A bullet slammed into my shoulder from another agent as I pulled my blade out of the dead body in front of me.

Logan and I met back to back in the middle of the mass horde. His claws there dripping with thick coagulating blood, while my clothes became saturated with the warm, deep red, life giving fluid. I snarled as they grew closer, my katana morphed into a doubled bladed sceptre fit for any Asgardien warrior. I made my stance wide and grasped the weapon with both hands. I rushed forward and swung out, the glinting blade sliced through them, leaving a trail of screams and blood. I looked at Logan over my shoulder and saw him being shot, I wanted to call out but all I earned was a screams. I looked down to see a combat knife draw through my collar bone and through my chest. I grabbed the man's arm and twisted it violently until the bone gave way, eliciting screams of pain. I twisted the arm against dislocating it from the socket. I pulled the knife out of my gutted body and with sharp precision drew the ash covered blade across his throat.

Suddenly a bullet slammed into the back of my knee, I saw deep red blood pour from the wound. I twisted around and saw him again, the man with the slicked back hair, my so called saviour. I ran towards him. He fired off a shot again, slamming into my ribs causing me to spit up blood, but I just ran. As I drew closer all I saw in his eyes was pure panic as I smirked with bloody lips. I jumped high and raised my doubled bladed weapon high. The blade sliced through the air and through him from chin to pelvis. I drew my weapon from his pitiful body and kicked him down. Blood flowed like a river as he tried to raise his gun. Blood gargled as he tried to speak.

"Don't speak, there isn't any use now." His lips suddenly twisted into a smirked as blood flowed out of his mouth.

"There will be other men like me; there will always be men like me." I raised my booted foot and slammed it down on his head, as my blood poured from my mouth, I screamed into the broken skull as I pulled out each bullet. I clutched them hard and felt them disintegrate into a bronze and silver haze vanishing them into the ether.

I picked up his gun absorbing it into the ether as the war was far from over.

"Loki, let go on the vision." I saw from the corner of my eye to see Old man standing there with guards by his side. I kept my eyes on the scene below me, and I stepped away from the vision drawing me further into my cell.

"You made contact with her didn't you?" he shouted obviously aggravated by my rash decision. He quickly closed the vision portal and looked at me with that one eye he possessed. Unimpressed was an understatement.

"How did you access the vision Loki?" Suddenly the huge form of the armour clad Asgardien known as Heimdall stood there in front Odin, and spoke with a loud and assured voice.

"I saw Liberty dying; I needed Loki to make sure she stayed alive." Odin scowled at the Golden God with his one eye.

"Why is it so important that Liberty stays alive Heimdall? You would not associate yourself with Loki if she was not important." Heimdall looked out of the corner of his all-seeing eyes and then looked back to Odin.

"Something is coming Odin, other realms are preparing, for what I do not know. But something powerful is coming to destroy us all, Liberty is instrumental, she will save us." Odin stood toe to toe with the tall God and looked him dead in the eye.

"You would never lie to me, would you Heimdall." Heimdall stood tall and looked down at the all-father. He kneeled and bowed his head.

"You may take my head if you do not believe me Odin, but if you do take my head you have killed and innocent God." I watched as my father placed a hand on Heimdall's shoulder and shook his head.

"Heimdall, rise. If Liberty is as important as you say she is, I want to bring Hela to the Throne room. I want her to protect her." Heimdall nodded and stood tall as the God left, He twisted around and looked down at me with his all-seeing eyes.

"Why do you torture yourself by watching her?" I was taken aback by the question as he reopened the vision portal for me. I leaned over it again, and watched my love triumph over those forces which were there destroy everything she loved

"It's not torture Heimdall, I asked her to live her life. I just want to know what life she is living; it's the only thing I have left of her." I looked down at my armour clad Valkyrie, she hadn't forgotten me after all these years of being apart, she remember where she came from and how she was still here, as she wore my colours and armour.

"Why did you not take half of her soul? I know she asked you, yet you said no." I sighed and ran my fingers over the edge of the vision as I saw her face I drew my flingers across her cheek and gently touched her lips, yet she would feel none of his.

"Because I could not expect her to not satisfy her own mortal desires, even those immortal she still craves to be cared for, to be touched, to be loved. I couldn't expect her give that up. I have lived for thousands of years, lived hundreds of lives, I have experienced these mortal joys and I want her to experience the same." I looked up at Heimdall to see him nod and looked down at the vision portal to see the scene of devastation before us.

I stood there amongst the bodies; colossus began to pile up the bodies on the edge of the grounds, keeping away the foul smell of death. Most had fled but those who had stay, faced their fate, death. There were injuries everywhere I looked. Jean had obtained a large gash to her forehead covered by deep black bruising, Scott had suffered a bullet wound to the knee, causing him to limp as he tried to look over and assess other mutants less injured than him.

I pulled away my bloody horned helmet and walked over to him. He looked down at me and gave a weak smile.

"You did good Liberty, without you there would be nothing left." I looked up at his visor covered eyes and gave a tight-lipped smile.

"Can I help you?" I asked timidly as he limped along as I walked next to him. H shook his head as his knee buckled. I caught him and looked into his eyes. I closed my eyes briefly and pressed my lips to him. He didn't protest as his knee quickly healed. The bone pieced itself together as if it had never been shattered, his nerve, ligament, muscle and skin tissue knitted itself back together leaving nothing there, not ever a small scar, just pale clean flesh.

I pulled away and looked into his hidden eyes. He stood up straight as I walked away from him. I needed to help more people, but not all people could be saved. I looked down at the body of the body I had seen earlier, he was so mischievous and happy when I saw him freezing people's drinks, now look at him. There he lay on the blood soaked grass, his eyes wide and turning milky, his last look was not one of agony or pain, just of shock. I kneeled down and drew close his eyes as tears began to pour from my eyes.

I looked over to see Logan bandaging another young mutant's injury. His own body was still healing from the body; I could see exposed adamantium coated bone as his muscle and skin slowly healed around it. I walked over to him and watched as he finished up bandaging the young girls injury.

"None of us were ready for this; they caught us of guard so easily." I nodded and looked into Logan's still violent blue eyes.

"You're not healing properly." He nodded and looked down at his body at the exposed adamantium.

"There only so much my body can take at the same time kid." I nodded and rested a gentle hand on his shoulder. Hiss head turned towards me. I pressed my lips against his, in a tender kiss. His hands gently held my waist as I watched his muscle and skin draw over his skeleton. I pulled away and smiled up at him.

I gave a sad smile up at him, he smiled back down as he hand slide away from my waist.

"I should see if I can help anyone." Logan nodded and looked away from me, to over his shoulder.

"There wasn't many students out here fighting, the ones that were, well there either injured or dead. The rest were evacuated into the labs underneath the house. We won't let them up till all this has been cleared away." I nodded and carried on walking. I tapped my lips and looked around me; many had come off with minor injuries cuts and deep bruising, a sprained or dislocate elbow or two. The rest were not to be witnessed by the faint of heart.

I was suddenly panicked. I hadn't seen him yet. The man with the silver and white hair, the man who was the master of magnetism.

"Eric!?" I shouted out, I could feeling him, I could hear him.

"Eric!" I shouted again, as I looked amongst the dead. I couldn't read him. I looked around me in blind panic and terror. I poured more of my power into the mental search; I now felt Logan's thoughts as I pierced through his adamantium skull. Then I felt it.

There was no words just distant whispering, the relay of memories, and internal screams of pain.

I ran toward it all. I ran toward the internal screams as verbal screams mingled together. I ran toward the memories and the distant whispers.

I kneeled to the ground by him. He was at the centre of the battlefield. Footsteps ran towards me, as I raised Eric's head up into my lap. I pulled away his helmet; his face was covered in blood. His breathing was so shallow he could have been mistaken for dead. But I knew he was alive. I looked down at his side to see a high calibre bullet wound that had torn his side open. His eyes were closed, as he was in Limbo, in a place so close to dying, it was hard to bring them back. Tears dripped off my eyelashes and onto his dirt and blood covered skin, leaving clean streaks across his cheek. I bent my head down and pressed my lips against him.

"Eric please wake, up." I pressed my lips hard against his, as I could feel no change. Blood still poured from him, his skin did not heal. I pulled away and began to panic, I couldn't save him. I looked over his torn bloody side, trying to find something, anything.

Then I saw it. It glinted red as his blood and tissue covered it. I dug into his side, and pulled the offending object away. It was the same bullet I had been shot with, and not even the master of magnetism could stop them. I threw it to the ground, and bent my head down once again, to try and deliver what could save him.

I kissed him hard. I closed my eyes as tears toured down my cheeks onto his.

"Please don't leave me." I pleaded with him mentally, as I cupped his face in my bloody palms. My heart hammered in my chest; I felt everything drain away from me. Maybe I couldn't save him, but he was there in my future, he was there with me. More tears rolled down my cheeks as I kissed him harder, as my mind teetered on the edge of unconsciousness.

I pulled my lips away and opened my eyes to still see the bloody and broken form of Eric. His side was fully healed, yet I could still see broken bones straining against his bloody skin and bruises stretched across his joints and high cheek bones. I turned away from him and sobbed. I couldn't save him. Logan quickly kneeled down next to me and held me in his warm arms.

"Why would I leave you Liberty?" the voice was weak and broken. I pulled myself from Logan's arm and looked down at Eric, to see him open one haemorrhaging eye, and give a small smile to me. Tears poured down my cheek, as I pressed my lips against his once more. I looked into his silver iris' to see the blood receding. I heard bones crunch and snap back together. The deep bruising which once plagued him vanished leaving onto blood covered skin. I felt that same teetering again, but I had to heal him; I needed to know he was safe.

I collapsed, as my body shook. My bones felt weak and my body felt sore as Eric wrapped his arms around me. He lifted me up from the blood soaked ground. I looked around me with tired eyes to see the X-Men. They stood there and watched as Eric carried me into the mansion, the man who I had saved from the brink of death, was now carrying me on the brink of collapse.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

20.3K 536 37
Liberty Davis was born with an extraordinary gift, but with any gift there was a price. Her price was that she was destined to be with the father of...
245K 4.3K 26
Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is, until Loki decided to try to destroy th...
166 9 9
Jessica Lee left her job with MI5 after a mission went horribly wrong to start a new life in New York. She was lucky to find a job with Stark Indust...
6.8K 579 38
When a team of villains- led by Dr. Doom- twists reality in their favor, the Avengers and their friends are thrown into an alternate world that is de...