Fragments Of An Existence

By Niandyartic

Cale Henituse and the White Star's existence are tied to each other. and if one of them dies... the other wh... More

Prologue
[1]-Another work piled up
[2]-A lone keeper
[3]-The Sacrificial Commander
[4]-Succeed the trial
[5]-Succeed the trial (2)
[7]-Selfish
[8]-Divine and holy item
[9]-Mission: Steal it
[10]-Decision
[11]-Writer's Ache
[12] - "CS"

[6]-Succeed the trial (3)

227 21 6
By Niandyartic

Cale wakes up to a  sound of an alarm and explosions.

It is midnight.

Yet the young master felt tense all over him.

He quickly raised from his bed and grabbed some decent clothes, thank goodness he is untied. What will his fate be if he is still bound? he wore them and didn't get the chance to even look around the situation. 

Cale walked to the cabinet beside the bed, he opened it roughly and started to rummage through the items in it. The broken video communication device is the medium to contain the White Star's ancient powers, he is searching for the said device.

The redhair took the item and carried it in his hand, then walked towards the door at a fast rate, no. he is running.

The explosion that caused the alarm became louder, Cale fastened his run with the sound of wind on his feet.

This is the part of the storyline, where CS!Cale learned about the existence of the hunters.

'How could you know it at this time? you can see the journal of your mother. it contains all of the contents and information about the hunters and others.'

... It seems like I didn't read the contents.

Cale sighed.

I was underestimating them, I thought I could handle things easily if I used my power...

That is why Cale always thinks of the details, what will happen if he is lazy to even learn about the hunters-- wait, would this story happen if he does so? ... whatever, Rice has already turned into porridge, Cale internally scoffed before glancing at the floating screen beside him.

"Timekeeper."

[Everlasting Moment is nodding.]

Right, he wouldn't be able to [embrace] and use the broken device as a medium if the timekeeper didn't conceal them all.

[Everlasting Moment says that her specialty is illusion.]

She gave this book or system a 'small' virus, making the inhabitants think that the story is going as it should be. now they are seeing an illusion of CS!Cale still sleeping on his bed as the storyline should go.

[This does not go as the storyline!]

of course, the constant nagging of the system is still there in his view.

Ssraaaaak!

A wall broke down ahead of him, making the empty halls of the building lighten by the shining moonlight and dust hovering in the air, shadows of unknown individuals were reflected by the Redhair's light-brown pupils.

Hunters.

One of them mumbled quietly.

"Take him and get the job done,"

One was a proud woman based on her looks, black hair that is tied, wearing a grey formal suit and a sword beside her hips. by her voice, Cale could judge that she is the one in the lead. the other is a teenager with white hair, white magic overflowing from his arms and body with a crazed expression. is wearing a simple armory and it seems that he is in charge of the explosions earlier.

"Greetings! this gentlemen's name is Kamwoon, while her name is Yoo Jihle--"

"Shut up! stop spluttering nonsense and catch him!"

"Jeez, have some slack. why don't you just get him yourself?"

The boy called Kamwoon lunged towards the redhair at a fast speed, his right arm that is reaching him started to let out a bright white colored magic and is smirking darkly.

Cale took a step back.

His palm then moved towards the hunter.

"Halt."

Time stopped for a moment.

At that exact time, Cale used [instant.]

He can't wait to see the results after using the secret power, and [instant] at the same time.

His heart is beating so wildly with excitement and curiosity.

What is time?

Time is the moment, time is every sorrow, every anger, every happiness, and everything that is happening at this exact time. in non-fictional worlds, time could not be reversed. what has happened has already happened and it could not be changed.

In other words,

'Time creates, and time destroys.'

With time, lives are born, and they grow with the time that continue to flow. the lifeforms felt sorrow, anger, and happiness, all that happens to be the time that is always going forward without stopping.

As time continues to move forward, there exists the end of all lifeforms.

death.

With time that continues to pass on without any pity for the past. lives, neither they had a long life nor a short one will meet their end one day.

What about them, who controls time?

Just like a playground with a provided sandbox, kids that we could use as a metaphor are the Timekeepers playing in it.

Thought, the sandbox is the world.

The kids would mostly build sand castles, maybe adding human figurines with small houses that could be seemed as if life is happening on the said sandbox. they decorate it with care, and intense focus, those kids felt they have an obligation to do so.

but most of them, would instead.

destroy it.

They trounced the sand castles with their foot relentlessly without any pity, biting down a smile. playing with the human figurines and making them 'fight'. wreaking chaos on the sandbox, and even challenging the other 'kids' to stop them from doing such a thing.

but there are also children, who destroy a sandcastle to make a better one, replacing the broken human figurines with humans that are more intelligent. they are called the same as those who are said to be 'playing with their human figurines life.

There are different types of children who would act.

To remind you, we aren't just talking about mere kids having fun playing with the sandbox and all.

Time, the present, the past, and the future.

Cale ran towards the stopped Hunter that didn't even realize that the time has stopped, he clenched the broken video communication device in his hand and pulled it towards the hunter.

Crack.

The device then came to impact the hunter's face.

Cale spent some milliseconds touching his complexion, what would the fate of his face be if he is that guy...

He then focused back and prepared himself to attack the other hunter.

Boom--!

To be backlashed by an explosion.

The Redhair groaned after being flown toward a wall, huffing and breathing unsteadily as he felt half of his face burning so badly like a worm is eating it, he covered the dripping blood from his head and the burn that the explosion caused to the half of his complexion.

But not long after, a terrible scream was heard.

"..ah...ahhhh!!!!!"

The hunter whose face exploded from the device that Cale just put is raging like a mad dog who hasn't eaten for days. the ancient power of the White Star was clashing with each other and made a big outburst. Exploding the entirety of his face.

the other hunter who's named Yoo Jihle emerged from the dust that was created by the explosion, widened her eyes, and glared at the fallen Cale.

"I thought we wouldn't need the defense mechanism."

Ah, so the explosion is from that.

Cale grinned so widely, ignoring the flaming sensation on his half-destroyed face.

"You underestimated me."

What a terrible mistake.

He healed the scar on his face as his handsome complexion came back to his feeling, he should thank the CS!Cale for having such a special power.

You're welcome.

One hunter is down, just the last one left.

Yoo Jihle unsheathed her sword, then a large burst of wind came out from her surroundings.

Cale took a step back from the sudden power, eyes then shaking crazily at the raging aura of the swordsman.

Yes, a swordsman.

She smiled innocently, eyes then turned sickle-shaped like a crescent moon. 

"You shouldn't underestimate me either."

--------

A/N: 

I'm not a smart-headed person and I just put everything that I could milk through from my brain, I'm not a professor and a kid who always got the highest grade in class alright? I'm no good at those things, and so. I apologize if I made a mistake in explaining the time part

I just use any thoughts that came past my mind, my words might alter or object to your opinions and beliefs, I use some references from websites and many media to learn what is the meaning of time? it is really interesting to learn about them...

Lastly, thank you all for reading this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.7K 2.7K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...
27.6K 1.7K 15
Lee Chung-ae was an average woman. She was just walking back to her apartment when suddenly she got into an accident which lead her to her death. A g...
150K 5.6K 17
The Goddess of Existence were doing her normal routine for the day. Watching Cale for every world and making sure he's safe and comfortable. The Go...
100K 6.2K 28
Amused, Barrow smiled and conjured more magic capable of blowing up the room and both Barrow and Cale to dust as well. "I'll be taking your young mas...