Bad Boy Chemistry

By simon_waters

(ENEMIES TO LOVERS) (BXB) Everyone at school knows Ace Caldwell: The Bad Boy who was expelled from his last... More

Characters & Warnings
2. French Word for D*ckhead!
3. Detention
4. Hello
5. Halloween in August
6. Happy Berthday Ellie?
7. String of Hearts
8. Bowling
9. I'm Fine
10. Ace
11. Harry-The-Plant
12. Go to Hell
13. Welcome to the Club
14. Nice Punch, Charlotte
15. Beach Date
16. Velvet Green
17. Cotton Candy
18. Everything
19. Break and Enter
20. Monopoly
21. The Great Apple Debate
22. Project Paris: A Presentation by Ella Jonson
23. A Cute College Dropout
24. The Hotel
25. How Many Croissants Can You Eat?
26. The 40 year old Virgin
27. The Rooftop
28. The Harpy's Nest
29. Charizard
30. Video Games
31. What The Fudge?!
32. Cloak of Invisibility
33. He Listens to Bon Jovi?
34. Oh My F**king God
35. December
36. Everyone's Invited!
37. Did you just have a Mochagasm?
38. Body Language
39. Seventeen
40. Coulrophobia
41. Never Have I Ever...
42. It's like a birthday party straight out of hell
43. The Pizza Palace
44. Mute
45. Coping Techniques
46. Pillow Fight
47. Guilty Pleasure
48. The Winter Fair
49. Disappointed
50. Cross My Heart
51. The Bad-Word Jar
52. A Modern Day Casanova
53. Arcade! Arcade!
54. Neon Blue Lights
55. Paintball
56. Let it Snow
57. Cinnamon
58. We Wish you a Merry Christmas
59. Shut up, Nerd
60. Wildfire
61. Void
62. New Me Day
63. Fireworks, Disco Balls, Balloons.....
64. Capeesh?
65. Happy Fudging New Years!
PSYCH!!
Bad Boy Vacation & More
BONUS: He's Giving Me a Striptease

1. When Life Gives You Lemons

183K 4.1K 8.7K
By simon_waters

Charlie's POV

"Three caffè mochas with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle." The waitress restated our order as she placed the drinks down on the table.

"Thank you, Caroline." My best friends and I said simultaneously.

We were sitting in our regular booth at the Coffee House, just as we did every other morning before we had to go to school, also known as hell.

"Did you guys hear that Ace Caldwell is apparently starting at our school today?" Ella asked, raising her eyebrows before taking a quick slurp from her drink.

"Who?" I wondered, taking a sip from my own mocha.

"Ace Caldwell."

I shrugged, clearly having no idea who the heck she was talking about.

"The guy from St Griffiths who beat up some kid and got expelled just last month." Clayton explained.

I shrugged my shoulders again and took another sip from my mocha.

Whoever had the bright idea of mixing chocolate with coffee have my eternal gratitude.

"And last year he ended up in that fancy rehab facility after crashing his car into someone's front yard whilst he was drunk." Ella added before continuing. "I'm surprised he didn't go to juvie, then again his parents are as rich as the Kardashians, so."

"I still have no idea who he is."

"Apparently he beat the crap out of Robby Bramwell so bad, Robby ended up in the hospital with a broken nose, fractured ribs and was missing a few of his teeth. Poor guy." Ella pouted after the last sentence.

"Who's Robby Bramwell? How do you both know all of these people from St Griffiths?" I queried, furrowing my eyebrows.

"How do you not know Robby!? He's the gay guy I tried to set you up with a couple months ago." Ella explained.

I rolled my eyes. "Just because we're both gay doesn't mean we have to date."

"Maybe you should date that kid in our class, Mason? I think that's his name." Clayton added.

"Clayton, Mason is straight. He literally has a girlfriend."

"Oh, well maybe he swings both ways." Clayton said before shrugging, proceeding to take a massive gollop from his drink.

"Why don't you both focus on your own heterosexual love lives."

"We're both already taken, now you need to find a boo so we can do triple dates." Ella beamed at the thought.

"Why don't you both just go on double dates?" I suggested.

Clayton burped. "We can't leave you out, that's just mean."

"Well I don't think I'll be dating anyone anytime soon."

The bell above the door rang from behind, indicating that someone was either entering or leaving the shop.

"Sorry I'm late!" A familiar voice came from behind.

"It's okay babe." Clayton smiled, standing up to give his girlfriend a peck on the lips.

"Oh my god, Olivia! That outfit is so cute." Ella complimented.

"Thank you!"

I tuned out of their conversation, my nerves racking at the thought of going back to school. Just last year the entire school learned that I was gay. Before, I was an ordinary nerd that nobody really paid any mind to. But since everyone found out about my sexuality, well, it hasn't exactly been great. I still have no idea whatsoever how the entire school came to know that I was gay. It's not like I was rendezvousing with local gays through a dating website. I've never even been kissed. Only a few people knew, and neither of them would have ever spread my secret. Maybe a psychic told everyone?

"Earth to Charlie!" Ella waved her hand in front of me, abruptly pulling me from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Are you ready to head to school?" Ella said again.

"If I say no can we just sit here all day?" I groaned.

"You'll be fine. If anyone messes with you, I'll kick their asses!" Ella reassured.

I reluctantly stood up and gathered my things, hastily making my way towards the door when I knocked into someone I knew all too well.

Joey Turner.

Another spoilt rich kid. He's the school's quarterback, The most popular guy in our grade, and my number one bully. He and his friends have tormented me ever since they found out I was gay.

"Watch where you're going, Fag!" He spat, shoving me backwards.

Ella catches me before I could fall back-first onto the ground.

"I-I am so s-sorry." I stuttered.

"Back off Joey!" Ella snapped, standing between Joey and I.

"Maybe you should take him to specsavers."

"Maybe you should go to hell!" Ella shoved him before leading us outside of the store.

Great. We're not even at school yet and I've already been called that horrible word.

"Are you okay?" Ella asked.

"Splendid." I replied sarcastically with a soft tone.

"Hold on just a minute." Ella smirked.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She had that gleam in her eye that meant she was up to no good.

"My coffee tastes bad, I'm just gonna go and toss it." She said, a wicked smile plastered on her face.

She walked causally towards a red convertible with it's roof down, Joey's red convertible, and popped off the lid to her coffee before spilling it all over the driver's seat.

"Ella!" I gasped.

"Was that really necessary?" Olivia asked.

"Yes," Ella made her way back to where Clayton, Olivia and I were standing with our mouths agape. "He's an asshole."

"We better get going before he comes back out and murders us." Clayton urged, pulling Olivia along with him.

I nodded my head in agreement. I didn't want to be anywhere near his precious car when he returned to find his driver's seat soaked in coffee.

"See you guys at school." Clayton waved a temporary goodbye as he hopped into Olivia's car.

Ella and I did a slight wave before rushing towards her vehicle across the parking lot.

We hopped into her car and left the parking lot in a hurry.

It didn't take long to arrive in the parking lot of our school. Ella put the car on park and turned off the ignition before turning to me. "Promise me you won't take shit from anyone." She implored.

I scrunched my nose.

"Charlie! You're always so nice to everyone! Even people who don't deserve it. You never say anything bad about anyone, in fact, I don't even think I've ever heard you swear, and I've known you since kindergarten." Ella paused before going on a ten minute rave. "What I'm trying to say is, it's okay to be mean. If anyone messes with you, tell them to get fucked!"

I chuckled.

"You're so pure and innocent, and here I am corrupting you."

I scrunched my nose again.

"Fine, don't take my advice. But at least kill them with kindness."

"We should hurry up and get inside before the bell rings." I changed the subject.

After opening the passenger side door and slinging my backpack onto my shoulder, I started towards the entrance of the school building when a motorcycle dashed through the parking lot, almost taking me with it.

I jumped back, startled to my core.

"Oh my god, Charlie! Are you okay?"

I inhaled a deep breath before releasing it. "I'm fine, I should have watched where I was going."

"That dimbo should've slowed his ass down. It's a freaking school parking lot, not a race course!" Ella shouted, probably hoping the guy on the motorbike would hear.

The motorcycle halted in one of the smaller parking spaces at the edge of the lot.

"Let's go find Clay." Ella linked our arms, leading me towards the school building.

"There's my girl." Tom Barrol cooed, appearing beside Ella. He was a nice guy, despite being best friends with Joey.

"Hi baby!" Ella unlinked our arms so she could give her boyfriend a kiss on the lips.

Ugh.

I continued to make my way into the school, leaving them to make out with each other.

The corridors were noisy. Sneakers were squeaking against the pristine floor. Lockers were unlocking and closing. Students were whispering and conversing about their summer as I made my way towards my locker.

I quickly did the code before unpacking my new school supplies from my backpack and dunking them inside the locker, except for the things that I would need for the first two classes.

"Dude, how dare you leave me." Ella whined, leaning against the neighboring locker.

"Homeroom starts in less than two minutes."

"God, you're such a nerd." She ruffled my hair.

"Go make out with your boyfriend some more."

"Was that sass? I didn't think you had it in you."

"Let's go to homeroom."

"Lead the way Mister Harrington."

I pulled my new timetable from my locker and looked down at it.

Class Schedule Day A:
- Homeroom
- Science
- AP English
- Break
- Mathematics
- Foreign Language: French
- Lunch
- Study Hall
- Visual Art.

Class Schedule Day B:
- Homeroom
- Foreign Languge: French
- History
- Break
- AP English
- Study Hall
- Lunch
- Science
- Science

"Oh look, most of our classes are together!" Ella cheered.

"We chose them together." I stated.

"I also have fashion design, drama and hospitality." She explained as we walked side by side to homeroom.

After homeroom had ended, Ella waved me goodbye before I headed towards the science block for my first official class of the day.

Our school was the smallest one in the district, so it was quite easy to make it around. Apparently St Griffiths was thrice the size of ours, but that could just be the bragging of one of the spoilt rich kids that go there.

After I finally made it to my science classroom, Mrs Dandry smiled as I entered.

"Did you have a good summer, Charlie?" She asked.

"It was okay." I responded, walking towards her desk.

"And how is Nora doing in college?"

"She says it's easier than she expected." I stated.

"Classic Nora Harrington, she'll do great things one day. So will you."

"Thanks."

"I've placed you in the back left corner." She smiled.

I walked to the back of the classroom and pulled my backpack from my shoulder, setting it on the empty chair next to mine. I sat my notebook and textbook on the desk and retrieved my pencil case from my backpack.

"Alright, settle down now kids." Mrs Dandry addressed the noisier students still talking about how great their summer was.

The class settled down, a few whispers still being exchanged.

"Today we will be-" There's a knock on the door.

Everyone turns their attention to the latecomer.

It's the guy that almost ran me over on his motorcycle. He wore the same black leather jacket, black jeans and a black undershirt. Even his boots were black.

I was certain I'd never seen him before.

"Sorry I'm late." The guy spoke, brushing a hand through his hair.

"Uh, you must be Mr Caldwell."

That's who Ella and Clayton were talking about this morning at the Coffee House.

"And you must be a teacher?" Was his sarcastic response.

Does this school really need another arrogant jerk with a sharp tongue?

The class chuckled, though it was hardly funny. If anything, it was rude, especially since Mrs Dandry was one of the nicest teachers at this school.

"Alright, I've assigned you to sit in the back corner next to Mr Harrington." She pointed my way.

Great.

He traipsed his way down the isle. He paused when he reached my desk. He gestured to the seat next to me.

"Are you going to move your bag?" He asked.

Right. I'd forgotten that I placed it on the seat.

I moved my backpack off of the chair and set it down on the ground beneath me.

I could feel my face turning red as he placed himself in the seat next to me.

"As I was saying, in today's lesson, we are going to be making electricity out of lemons." Mrs Dandry explained.

"Who knew there was electricity in lemonade." The bad boy laughed.

I grimaced at his joke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 1.2K 46
Emilio always despised gay people, doing unforgivable things to them when he was in high school. The tables are turned when he falls in love with a b...
585K 25.4K 32
a story about two boys who end up in detention, and it somehow brings them closer. lowercase intended
2.1K 243 35
''Each of your scars have a story, and i am more than happy that you feel comfortable enough to let me in on those stories...'' When two polar oppos...