Falling Into Your Smile

By CJ-1245

"Tong Yao isn't the only new addition to ZGDX. Let's welcome Lee Chen, the new Topsolo!" After her resignati... More

Author's Note (Not Part Of Story)
#ZGDXHeadQuarters
Friendship With Smiling (XD)
TAT vs. ZGDX
Big Mistake
The Culprit Of The Haunted House
Internal Conflict
Yue's New Chair
Yao's Magical Advice
Meeting An Old Frenemy
Worst-Case Scenario
Sick Wild-dogs
Beautiful Moments Of Silence
Awkward Seconds Of A Pause
Foreseen Victory
An Eventful Day
A Blind Date
The New Male-Lead
Jealousy, Jealousy~

Battles For Supremacy

980 18 0
By CJ-1245

"Our club forbids us to date members of our team." I said to Yao, as the thought randomly popped into my head. We were sitting in her room, as I looked out the window, thinking of how beautiful the lights outside looked. "Really? But didn't you and Cheng sleeping in the same room? Did you lose your memories, or was I blind?" Yao asked, teasingly.

"He just came to tease me, because he thought I fell from my bed." I sighed, though Yao didn't take it. "Continue your act." She said. "I'm here to be a gamer. Plus, my mom's phone call would be enough to remind me that. She asked me, if I was dating Cheng, would I marry him? I cut the call. But, no." I said, closing my half-open book.

"No one said you were here with an ulterior motive. Just ignore the comments. Also, I heard that Cheng and Yue are biological brothers." Yao said, unsurprised. "It's true that they do look alike. But Cheng is taller." I said, even though they don't look very much the same. They look like fraternal twins. "Everyone is discussing on the Internet, who'll start for the team. Someone even made a poll. Sister, not bad. I didn't expect you to have so many fans." Yao commented, proud of me.

"I'm better-looking, capable and a people-person. Yue's nothing but looks." I said in response. I had unlocked my phone, and was browsing the Weibo page. "Your fans are very professional. They've made a video to analyze your strengths and weaknesses. This is just like a PPT on you. They really like you. With this effort, they might be able to court Xu Kai." She commented, and I ignored the last part. That was not meant to be heard. I'll cut it out, later.

"I'll see. Lu Yue's weaknesses, you say? Wait. Excuse me? Are they outright crazy? How could they let rumours determine my capability? A bunch of primary school students must've made this." I said, in annoyance. Who said the world was fair? "They're trying to make others hate you. You're living with the dream guy. I'm already paired up with K, and you look way better than me. So it's obvious." Yao said. I threw a pillow at her, as I got up.

I got a message from Cheng. 'Are you done chatting? Yu Ming wants you to attend your training. Yao can stay, you have to come. If not, he'll go up and arrest you.' It read. He could do that? As if. I'm a ju-jitsu expert. I'll be fine. 'Don't take the trouble, and the broken bones. Calm down. I'm coming.' I said, as I left. Yao was going to Jinyang's place for dinner.

"Rabbit with A Carrot is asking you to calm down. Cheng, explain yourself. Who is this?" Yue asked, as I stood above the stairs. I mentally face-palmed. That was my camisole design..! He did this on purpose, and more-over, he remembered..? As I walked down in a hurry, Yao behind me, as I slipped, and fell. I landed fine, but Yao got a scrape.

"You'd have to spend a lot on plastic surgery, if you fell on you face." Cheng said, towering over me. I looked up at him, but then smiled. "I'd give you a nasty look, but you already have one." I said, as I got up by myself.

I pushed Yao out of the room, as I followed her. Cheng frowned at Yue, raising his eyebrows. "You shouldn't peek at irrelevant information while using my phone." I over-heard Cheng saying, as I left. I'll get back at him for this, mark my words. 

+---×---+

Yao laughed as we left, clutching her stomach. "Are you okay? Does it hurt?" She asked, as I sighed in mere annoyance. "I'm not a cry-baby. I'm fine. Anyway, you should get going. Jinyang's place is fifteen minutes away. Call me later, I'll come to pick you up." I said to her, as she walked out, waving good-bye. I re-entered the base, completely pissed at Cheng. Why was out to get me?

I went over to him, and tapped his shoulder. "Follow me." I said, as he frowned at me, wondering what was up. He hesitantly got up, as I led him to a corner in the hall. "Give it up." I said, as he opened a can of soda. "Take it yourself. Delicious." He replied, fully knowing what I was asking for, not the soda. I hissed in irritation. He promised he wouldn't talk about what happened. He nick-named my number like that?

"I meant your phone. Delete the nickname." I said, figurative fire blazing in my eyes. I was controlling myself, that too. If everyone got to know what happened, it was going to get worse. His mother thinks I'm dating Yue and Cheng, and I'm already target for netizens. "What?" He asked, pretending I didn't know. You are a little snob, Cheng.

"Delete. The. Nickname." I repeated, emphasizing my words. "What nickname?" He asked, as my annoyance grew, and patience dissipated. "Delete it." I threatened, but he continued drinking that stupid soda. "I don't understand what you're talking about." He said, still enjoying his soda. My patience was wearing off, and anger started to set in. I was already in a bad mood, from the netizen comments, which affect me, a lot, and Cheng was making it worse.

He gasped, as if it finally hit him. "You mean that nickname? Why do I remember telling someone to delete their Weibo post about the HQ, and she said no? Tong Yao took hers down." He said, staring back at me. "That was weeks ago. You're still holding a grudge? Besides, I still have ownership of your candy stash. Want it back?" I said, smiling devilishly.

"And, if someone saw my.. and related it to the nickname you gave me, what would they think about it?" I added, and he thought about it. For two seconds. "Who do you plan on showing it to?" He asked, as I sighed. "I don't. But I feel insecure about it." I replied.

"Why do you feel insecure?" He asked in return. "Don't you think giving your teammate a nickname, you came up with, after seeing her underwear, makes you a pervert?" I asked, and he looked at me, amused. "A pervert?" He said, before leaning on to me, effectively pushing me back on the sofa. He whispered in my ear- "If I really was a pervert, I wouldn't be interested in you. Do I have no sense of beauty? Or do you think I'm a fool?" He asked, smirking, as I pushed him back, and stood up.

"Fine. You win this time." I said, walking away. I wasn't happy, nor sad, angry or shocked. Just irritated.

+---×---+

Cheng saw as Chen left, and smiled to himself. She really was a character. He pulled out his phone from his pocket, and opened their duet photo. He saved it to his phone, smiling to himself. He remembered a younger version of himself, walking with Chen, who couldn't stop talking. He walked away, still smiling, wondering how he got in this situation.

Meanwhile, Li Chen sat in her room, staring at the same photo. She smiled faintly, remembering the sulky version of Cheng, walking with her to school. She saved the same photo to her phone, oblivious to the fact Cheng did that moments ago.

She turned her phone off, and kept in on the bedside table. She switched off the light, and closed her eyes, immersed in a new dream. In the dream, she woke up to find herself dressed as a carrot. Her surroundings looked similar to Bunny Land, filled with hedges shaped into bunnies. Just then, she saw a rabbit. Then she started to run, realizing it wanted to eat her.

After many rounds, the rabbit finally caught her. The mask lifted, and it was Lu Si Cheng. Cheng's words echoed in her mind. Then, she was transported to another memory.

'+'+'+'+

A younger version of Li Chen sat at a dinner table, in a completely foreign environment. The table was long, but only two people sat there. Chen had followed Cheng to his house, where he was basically by himself. They had talked and chatted for hours. Mrs. Lu didn't have time, and his younger brother, Yue, was always at a friend's house. No wonder, Chen thought.

The table had tteokbokki and samgyetang, all Korean dishes, which Cheng adored. Chen remembered her house, which had the same empty table, even though it had their presence , her parents never paid attention. Never asked once about school, answered any of Chen's questions, and did anything by themselves. The servants had turned into Chen's family.

"Anyway, do you want to play Onmyoji?" Cheng asked, as he looked at Chen, who was slightly distracted. She snapped out of it. "Onmyoji? Umm.. I don't know how to play.." She trailed off, feeling very awkward. Her brother played, everyday, but never bothered to teach her. Even the dumbest people in her class could play, and so it was quite  embarrassing for her to admit.

"No problem! I'll teach you! Follow me." Cheng said, pulling her away, as she struggled to run at his pace. He pulled her to his bedroom, apparently. He taught her the basics, and they both laughed and played against each other. The doorbell rang, suddenly, jolting Chen to her feet.

'+'+'+'+

Chen woke up with a start, as her dreams disappeared. She yawned, as her body refused to leave the cozy warmth of the bed. She looked at her bedside table, and saw her a cat statue she got for her birthday. "If I was a pervert, I wouldn't be interested in you. Do you.." It seemed to say. Snap out of it, it's a statue, Chen thought. "Am I possessed? Not only do I dream of you, I think of you wherever I look." She sighed, falling back onto the bed. She groaned, not wanting to move an inch that day.

+---×---+

I was at my seat, feeling dead and alive at the same time. By alive, I mean embarrassed. I felt the presence of people walking behind me, so I turned to face them. Cheng, Ming, and Rui stood behind me, and Ming held a file. "The National Championship will begin this week. By then, we need to draw lots to see who's our opponent. In order for you guys to be ready, this time we'll have a practice match with Team YQCB." Ming said. Immediately when he said that, I felt something was off. "The team going to be relegated? Don't they not have a shooter?" I asked, confused.

"Their new AD has arrived. I heard that he's a great player. So, we need to be prepared." Ming finished. I was still waiting for my news. "Lee Chen, you'll play for the training match." Rui said, smiling. I sighed in relief, and grinned back at him. "Rui, thanks." I said, but he looked amused.

"Cheng and Ming were the ones who made the decision." My eyes widened in surprise. Wait, once I get time, I'm going to tell Cheng I do not owe him for this. Make no mistake, he may have selected me, but that doesn't mean I pleaded him for it. I earned it, fair and square. "But why?" Yue wailed like a toddler, as I controlled my laughter. "You just returned. You haven't settled in yet. Chen will play the match today." Ming said. Yue glared at me in jealousy, as I smirked.

I turned to the others, and decided o ask. "Am I in the starting line-up for the Championship?" I asked, removing my headphones. The answer primarily disappointed me. "Not necessarily. It depends on your statistics before the Championship. The better player will start." Ming answered, to which Yue's un-wipeable grin returned. "If someone loses again, she gets to sit in the cold chair beside the water-cooler." Yue said, excitedly.

My excitement had worn off, while I could feel Ming and Rui smiling behind me, while Cheng was checking his phone. "They're ready. Join the room." He instructed. I logged in, and put my head-set back on. "Good luck, everyone!" Rui encouraged, while Yue went out. "I'll get food." He called out, leaving.

"Come on." I said, craning my neck into the screen. "Why is the ID of the opposite AD garbled?" Yao asked, as I took a closer look. She was right. YQCB_kdoaukweo, their AD, had a really strange ID, similar to Cheng, and.. that jerk. My ID, ZGDX_Chidi_ was more normal in contrast.

"I didn't expect someone to be as perverted as you." I whispered in his voice channel, as he glared at me. "Mind your words." He warned, returning to the game.

+---×---+

"Okay, it's starting." The AD said, as every other player listened to him. He cracked his knuckles, expecting a new game. He wondered who his opponents were, aside from Cheng, he didn't recognize anyone. Maybe that's because the didn't pay attention to Chinese E-Sports news, he justified.

At ZGDX, everyone else was in their positions. "Yao, don't clash. Wait for K to help you with the gank." Chen said, as Yao nodded in agreement. Chen was gaining levels, while Chubby and Cheng engaged in combat with the AD and Liang Sheng, their Support. "Brother Cheng, their AD is fierce!" Chubby exclaimed, heavily tanking damage. His Shield vanished. "Return to base." Cheng ordered.

Cheng was ambushed by the other AD, who seemed to hold a grudge. [Seal, First Blood] happened for Cheng's first death, shocking him. The new AD smiled at his victory, at his base. Chubby was in surprise. "Brother Cheng, what's going on? Their Youko dived the tower, and killed you. Aren't they too fierce?" He asked, as Chen stopped paying attention to her game for a minute. Cheng died, but how? She asked herself.

"Shut up. Let's continue." Cheng ordered, harshly. It was his first time tasting defeat, but he could still win, he believed. Back at YQCB, Liang Sheng saw Cheng respawn. "Lu Si Cheng has respawned." He said, as their new captain, the AD, contemplated. "Prepare to retreat." He ordered, as they others obeyed dutifully.

At ZGDX, Cheng was worried. "Chubby, follow me. Use the Fog Of War." He ordered, as Chubby agreed. The AD, meanwhile, realized that they had entered his trap. "They are here. Go." He instructed, as YQCB began their attack. "My goodness! Why are they here?" Chubby yelled in unpleasant shock, as they were losing.

Chubby died, leaving Cheng stranded. "Yao, why didn't you tell them the Mid was gone?" Chen asked, as Yao looked confused. "I saw him teleporting to base just now. I didn't realize they tricked me." She replied, as Chubby noticed something. "How did they know you went for the creeps?" Chubby asked, as Cheng checked the board. "Were you seen just now?" He asked Chubby, who scoffed. "That's impossible. I'm sticking as close to you as I possibly can. Why do I think your enemy knows your every move?" Chubby asked, as it hit a nerve in Cheng's brain. There was only one who could do this. Cheng suspected it, but wasn't sure.

"Cheng, hang in there. I can't play like this." Yao said, trying to help as best as she could. Yao could only engage with the Midsolo, who was an equal opponent. "Swap with me." Yue pleaded. "Go back to the water-cooler." Chen replied.

Cheng respawned with Chubby, who took off in chase of the AD. "Chubby, use your ultimate." Cheng commanded. "Yes sir." He replied, as his skill was used.

Cheng captured one opponent, as Chubby died against the AD. He beckoned Cheng to come forward. Their skills clashed, ruling out damage. He teleported around the AD, confusing and momentarily stunning him. That moment was all that was needed. Cheng trapped the guy in a prison, and bombarded him with abilities until he died. The AD smirked. Cheng still remembers, he thought.

"Brother Cheng is as strong as ever!" Yao exclaimed, as they all were having easier times. They rushed for the team fight, and Cheng broke formation. "Cheng! What the hell are you doing?! Attack them!" K yelled. "Cheng, if it's him.. we're done for." Chen said, dejectedly. She had also guessed who it was, and hit bullseye.

"Attack them!" Yao and Chubby yelled, though the captain paid no notice. Cheng's eyes focused. "Youko is mine." He said, through gritted teeth. "Brother Cheng! Where are you going?" Chubby yelled into the mic, but was given no answer. '"Come and attack!" K called out. "Where's our AD?!" Yao panicked.

"What are you doing?" Chen asked, as she realized. "It's too risky!" She yelled, but was ignored. [Fierce and Swift] by Cheng brought up his confidence. He targeted the player, ignoring his team. "Report our AD. He didn't join team fight. Deduct marks." Chen sighed, as she tried to attack the opposition, but was unable to do major damage. "I stunned him! Go!" Chen said, leaving the team fight to help Cheng. Cheng killed the AD again, realizing it was too easy. Something was wrong.

+---×---+

Even though something was wrong, Cheng didn't stop. The smirk on his face didn't fade. Chen felt worried, and had an eerie feeling of deja-vu. Cheng continued pursuing his opponent, uncaring about anything else. Meanwhile, K, Chen and Yao struggled to keep up their team's pace. Their main attacker was gone. Chen was the next best offence-player, and she was stressed. Her fingers froze up, her hands vibrating. "I'm using my ultimate!" Chubby yelled, as everyone panicked.

No one knew what was up with the captain, and were broken up. Chen and Yao tried to take down the tower, as Cheng waited by the respawning platform, to kill the AD again. Somehow, with Yao tanking the damage, they scrambled to destroy it, ending the game with a victory. Chen had beads of sweat on her forehead, not because of her performance or the high temperature in the room, but because of the risky move she had to take.

+---×---+

"You guys won again!" Rui yelled in surprise. I removed my headset gingerly, as my fingers refused to co-operate. I balled them into fists and opened them again, as somewhat of a calming thing. "We finally won, is more like it." I said, exhaling deeply. I had so many things going on at one time, it was chaos in my mind. Cheng almost made us lose. I froze up. The AD was too familiar to be a stranger. My wrist hurt.

"That almost took too long." K said, sighing in relief. I looked at the timer. He was right. "Who's playing Youko from the opposite team? He was so fierce." Chubby said, bringing my attention back to an important topic. "Hierophant is here." Cheng said, staring me in the eyes, grimly yet sympathetically. My suspicions were confirmed. I held my forehead in my palm, my emotions returning to me. Mainly of anger, depression, and more stress. "Hierophant?" Yue asked in surprise.

"What do you mean? Brother Cheng, don't lie to me." Rui asked, as everyone else fell into silence too. "To be able to kill him twice in a row, to be able to master Youko and Dodomeki to such an extent, Hierophant's the only person capable of that." I explained, my hands still vibrating. I got up, as furious tears clouded my eyes, and I left. I ran up to my room and locked the door.

+---×---+

"What happened to her?" Yue scoffed, as he saw his competitor literally run away. "This is what always happens when he comes back." Cheng sighed, closing his eyes. Hierophant was back, no doubt, and it would be hard, but he was more worried for Chen.

"I should go check on her." Cheng said, cutting the conversation, leaving the room. If Cheng knew Gunhyeok would play, he wouldn't have let Chen start.

"They just announced it, alright." K said, looking at YQCB's account. There were comments saying that Gunhyeok returned for his love, Cheng. "What's up with Hierophant and Cheng?" Yao asked, as Chubby sighed. "You still don't understand? Hierophant came to China for Cheng. Chessman and Hierophant. Hierophant and his pawn. Just like light and shadow. Brother Rui said it too. Even though cowering in fear was a bit excessive, when Brother Cheng was playing in the Korean League, he did shine. Because of that, Hierophant kept being a substitute for two seasons." He said, explaining.

"Really? Is he that good?" Yao asked, slightly impressed. "He's amazing, right? That's why he's so good at Korean. Back then, he used to be their leader as well. After that, he left the team because he wanted to return to China." Chubby finished. "Why did he return?" Yao questioned, and Yue face-palmed. "Because he's patriotic. He wanted to lead us to victory in the International Championships." He said, walking into the room.

"Hierophant was angry being over-shadowed (pun intended), and challenged Cheng to a match, winner take all. They were being shipped. They have great chemistry, I saw one of their fanfictions on the E-Sports Farm as well." Chubby said, grinning earnestly.

"Then what's Chen's deal? What happened to her?" K asked, as Yue shrugged. "Don't know. She was in TAT. That's all she told us. Anyway-" He said, casually. "Wait, what?" Yao was cut off by K. "He's just a fanboy. Let it be. I think it's a sensitive subject for Chen. She'll explain, sooner or later."

---------

Cheng could hear Chen crying, from his room. He wanted to comfort her, because he was the only one who knew. Not Kun, her former friend, not Tai, not Yao, not anyone. He realized this was the time for her to spend alone. He stood in front of the window, solving a Rubik's Cube, a gift from someone, an anti-hero. He remembered his first days at TAT, when he signed on.

+'+'+'+'

Cheng signed the contract, which would determine his life for the next five years. The office felt bleak, empty, but now had a light glow, as if waiting for Cheng. "Welcome to TAT, Chessman." The manager said, shaking hands with Cheng. Another boy, around the same age as Cheng, sat beside the manager. "This is Hierophant. That's his game ID." The manager said, as both the boys got up. Hierophant wondered why Cheng was chosen, out of all the others she could have chosen.. he felt disappointed, that would soon be replaced with friendship, in due course.

"I'm Lu Si Cheng." The newcomer said, as Hierophant gave a light smile. "I'm Lee Gunhyeok." He said, shaking hands with Cheng. They both eyed each other, as if looking into each other's soul, analyzing every detail.

It was a battle of supremacy that would last for years. This was a challenge, that no one wanted to lose. Certainly not these two.

---------

Cheng sat at his desk, practicing. Hours passed, but Cheng remained unfazed. He didn't take breaks for more than two minutes, and never wasted his time. Night set in, and he was pulling an all-nighter. No one else was in the building, even the guards left, thinking it was empty.

As the new day dawned, Cheng was still playing. Hierophant was passing through the empty desks, as 8:00 a.m., when he saw Cheng still playing. Impressed, he went over to see. Cheng played relentlessly, no mercy. A smirk of joy crossed Gunhyeok's face. He brought a soda, and left it next to Cheng. Cheng didn't notice his observer, and removed his headphones.

Cheng heard the sound of the can being kept on the desk, and found Hierophant with a grin on his face. "Nice. Wait a little bit more, before your attack." He said, as Cheng smiled. It was a friendly gesture of friendship, and Gunhyeok left, having made an ally.

---------

During explanation, Cheng took notes, listening attentively to the coach, while Gunhyeok played around with a Rubik's cube. Gunhyeok looked at Cheng taking notes and smirked. He snatched the book from Cheng, and gave him some pointers, which were more practical than what was being taught.

He made corrections in horrible, squiggly handwriting, compared to Cheng's clean and tidy writing. Cheng decided to leave them like that, as a trademark of Hierophant.

---------

When the OPL match was being played by Gunhyeok, Cheng fiddled with the cube given to him by Hierophant. As everyone applauded on the victory, Cheng continued to fiddle with the cube. "Nice!" One person yelled. "Good job." Someone commented. "We need to work harder, if we want to be as good as our seniors." Lee Hang-suk, or Kun said, a substitute at the time.

"Hey, Kun! Where's Chen? Shouldn't she be here?" Someone asked. "She's.. out of town. Family matters, Hyung." Kun replied, earnestly. He was still celebrating, though. Cheng looked up at the screen, not paying attention to the conversation, but wondering about Chen. His attention drifted back to the cube. Gunhyeok was better than him. But he promised himself, he would be better than Gunhyeok.

When the time for the winning team to take the stage came, the main players bowed in front of the cheering crowds. The substitutes entered, some hugging the other, and congratulating each other. Cheng walked slowly, looking at the crowds. Gunhyeok went over to him, and stood in support of him on the stage.

---------

Gunhyeok's wrist twisted painfully. As the match ended, he walked out, clutching it painfully. Chen was in China, and she was worried, as she watched the footage. Something felt off. Hierophant went to the coach, his wrist reddening. "Coach, let Chessman play this match." He said, but the coach looked doubtful. "Are you sure?" He asked, and Hierophant nodded. He was betting everything on this. If Chen was wrong about Chessman, she would be responsible for a huge, huge catastrophe.

Cheng overheard everything with confusion. The coach sent Chessman, as Gunhyeok encouraged him. Cheng played almost as good as Hierophant, if not better. He destroyed the tower, and he banged his desk in victory. The crowds cheered, as Gunhyeok sat inside, impressed, solving the same cube.

After the match, Gunhyeok approached Cheng. He handed him the cube, to which Cheng looked with widened eyes, in pleasant surprise. That one object bound their friendship, enmity, and admiration for each other, in one tiny box.

----------

Their friendship and victories grew, leading their team to the peak of Glory. Onmyoji in Korea was famous all over the country, known on an international level, as far as America. Hierophant allowed Cheng a part of the spotlight, and welcomed into the team graciously.

One day, they both went to an arcade. The claw-machine, as they both tried to master it, was a competition. Both were masters at it, and soon enough, the whole machine was empty, and they had a truck-load of plushies. They could have have taken them, but left them in the shop, instead going for a walk.

"Chessman, which of us do you think will start for the team next season?" Gunhyeok asked, breaking the silence. Cheng stopped in his tracks. Gunhyeok stopped, looking at Cheng in slight confusion. "Actually, there's something I want to tell you. I'm preparing to return to China." Cheng said, without emotion. Hierophant turned to him.

"You're leaving me?" He asked, to which Cheng lightly smiled. "Do you plan on being a gamer on returning?" Gunhyeok asked. Cheng nodded. Hierophant took long, menacing steps towards Cheng, who wasn't scared at all. "I will cherish every chance I have, to defeat you." Gunhyeok said, taking the same tone. Inside, he was hurt, betrayed, and he wanted Cheng to stay. But that would be wrong.

"I hope you can do it." Cheng smiled, as Gunhyeok walked away, dejected and frustrated. Cheng felt the same, except a tinge of hope and excitement for returning. As he left, Gunhyeok retraced his steps. He threw the Rubik's cube to Cheng. "I forgot something. Give it back to me, when we meet again. Chessman.. see you on the stage." Hierophant said, before finally leaving for good. Cheng was left with a frown on his face, and an ally turned adversary.

+'+'+'+'

Cheng held the same cube in his hands, finally solving it. Just then, he got a phone call. "Brother Cheng, I'm Liang Sheng, your neighbor. Are you at your base?" The person asked, anxiously. "What's wrong?" Cheng asked, already knowing it was pertaining to Hierophant. "Hierophant's missing!" Sheng yelled, terrified of the repercussions. His manager would kill him!

"Where did he go missing?" Cheng asked, and Sheng steadied himself a little. "After our practice match, he and I went to a mall. But he disappeared in the blink of an eye. I couldn't find him. Brother Cheng, I don't know what to do right now. I lost the Korean player we recruited. I won't be able to face our fans anymore!" Sheng panicked.

Cheng ended the call. He had predicted where Hierophant would be. As he went down the stairs, Tong Yao. looked at him in curiosity.

"Where are you going?" She asked Cheng, walking up to him, who was leaving in a hurry. "Hierophant went missing at the mall. I'm going to look for him." He replied. "Hierophant's missing? Why are you looking for him?" She asked, confused. "His interpreter went home because of an emergency. Now, he has no way to communicate." Cheng said, nonchalant yet concerned. 

Chen walked by. She thought he was going out to get someone, she didn't know who. "Someone went to the mall after a match? Hmm.. by the way, it's going to rain soon. Take your umbrella. Take mine too, if you need." Chen said to him, listing off things on my fingers.

+---×---+

I remembered Yao's words previously, now that I finally had time. You're in love, that's why you care, her thought crossed my mind. Cheng crossed him arms. "What do you mean by that?" He asked, looking at me expectantly. "You'll catch a cold if you're drenched, and I'm not taking care of you." I replied, with a snarky tone. He looked at everyone else, who were busy, and then back to me. "You know.. even if you try to be solicitous, I won't change your alias." He said, grinning.

I completely forgot about that. But that was a good excuse. "See yourself out." I said, pointing towards the door. I went back to my seat, completely furious.. with myself.

+---×---+

Cheng explored the mall, searching for Liang Sheng. Get the interpreter first, before I'm stuck with two missing people.. I really should have brought Chen, he thought. He bumped into the short guy with spectacles, whom he roughly recognized as Sheng. "Brother Cheng, what should we do? Hierophant disappeared in a flash." Sheng said, anxiously.

Cheng scanned the mall, then went over to the floor map. He smiled faintly, reading the board. *L4- Entertainment/ Enjoy* was the jackpot. They both made their way to the fourth floor, navigating the floor until they found the arcade.

They explored the arcade, going past vending machines, bike games, shooter games, basket-ball, table-tennis, and all those until they reached the plushie claw-machines. Right in front of them, stood Gunhyeok, effortlessly maneuvering the control to collect plushies. Cheng approached him, and stood beside the machine. Hierophant gave a brief glance, and smirked. He handed Cheng a tray of tokens. "Why did you come to China?" Cheng asked in Korean. "Because of him. He's the Support I chose. Not bad, right?" Gunhyeok replied in Korean.

"He's unique, that for sure." Cheng commented. Liang Sheng realized he was third-wheeling, so he came up with an excuse. "I'm going to get some drinks." He said, exiting the scene, as the other two sighed. Cheng spotted something in the machine. It was a plushie, a rabbit holding a carrot. I've got to get that, Chen couldn't live it down, he thought.

Gunhyeok turned to Cheng. "You went back to your country before we fought in a match. this time, I'm going to defeat you, in China's OPL." He said, confidently. Cheng turned to Hierophant, slightly amused. "You want to defeat me? Didn't today satisfy you?" Cheng said, debating over whether to bring Chen as a subject. "I let you win out of courtesy. I won't lose next time." Hierophant warned. Cheng's amused expression continued. "The NC's will start soon. See you on the stage. Go and cry to your Support if you lose." Cheng said, as a joke, yet very seriously. "So will you go hug and cry to your Topsolo later, if you lose?" Gunhyeok asked, but that didn't help him much.

"A person who got lost at a shopping mall, has time to read about our Top? Not bad at all. But did you notice who it was?" Cheng asked, leaving Hierophant dumbfounded, confused majorly. He had read about the rumors, but hadn't seen the player. Cheng left the scene, fetching the rabbit plushie with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 3.1K 21
*Present Time FF* "I'm freeing you Lan Wangji. I was just playing with you. I was just killing my time. Now I'm done so I'm breaking up with you...
116K 7.8K 32
[Completed] BOOK 1 OF WHERE I BELONG -A Modern AU- Wei Wuxian has a mess for a past; his parent's death, an adoption he didn't believe he deserved, a...
44.9K 1K 10
[DISCONTINUED] HAN JISUNG x STRAY KIDS VERY SLOW UPDATES!! For almost a year now, Jisung's been in a group chat with seven online friends, they've ne...
148K 7.4K 43
*completed* What if after 10 years of their marriage Wei Ying died. Having no golden core he cannot live long with his husband Lan Zhan. Devastated...