THE SUN AND THE FLAME ☀︎ AEGO...

By wishtherebestars

⎯⎯AFTER QOREN MARTELL showed his support to the Triarchy against Prince Daemon Targaryen, King Viserys demand... More

THE SUN AND THE FLAME
intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty
twenty-one.
twenty-two

six.

17.2K 835 64
By wishtherebestars

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER SIX

☀︎☀︎☀︎

The wedding between Princess Nyferia of House Martell and Prince Aegon of House Targaryen had been talked about for generations to come to the point it had been compared to that of Elia Martell and Rhaegar Targaryen, although Oberyn Martell would say it was tasteless to compare his great ancestors wedding to that of his sister's broken marriage.

Everyone had been invited by Otto Hightower, from Cregan Stark in the North to the Lannisters in the West, the Tully's, the Arryn's, the Baratheon's. Everyone had come from far and wide. Even Princess Rhaenyra and her family had been invited, and while Princess Rhaenyra—round with her second child of Prince Daemon—had come only to see the Lords that supported her, knowing the marriage would be only for alliances and allies for Prince Aegon to become King.

Prince Aegon had been dressed in the traditional Targaryen black, with a golden chain over his shoulders with green jewels placed in it. While everyone had expected Princess Nyferia to either wear the orange and yellow colours of House Martell, or Green for House Targaryen as they all waited in the Dragonpit, which had been transformed for the wedding, like it had been for the wedding of Queen Alicent and King Viserys. But instead of Green or Martell colours, Princess Nyferia walked into the Dragonpit with Sunfyre landing behind her in the entrance, a sight none had seen before but had placed a smile upon Prince Aegon face, especially when she wore a red dress, with gold jewellery, which bled into black like a Targaryen might wear.

Aegon smiled as she finally joined him by his side. This wedding and everything around it may have been for his Grandsire and mother, but she, Princes Nyferia, had been for him, and him only. She was his Sun, and nothing could or would come between them.

The wedding had been in the tradition of the Seven, and while Aegon held the hand of his wife as they sat through the feast, she smiled upon him. Her family had travelled from Dorne, and while she had wished for her mother to be able to see her, she was happy to see her father and siblings. "Are you happy, my Sun?" Aegon asked as he looked upon his wife. She had turned to him and smiled even brighter. "I am" She said as she placed a hand on his cheek. "Are you?" she asked as she watched his face, as the feast went on before them.

"As long as I am by your side, I am" he said, and gave her a weak smile, he didn't want to be here, but he didn't mind being near his sweet Sun. "I have news for you, my Flame" she said as she watched him put his cup to his lips. "And what news do you bring?" Aegon asked as he looked at his dear wife. "I am with child" she whispered in his ear and Aegon smirked, knowing how frantic his mother will be once she finds out, but she would not yet. Aegon kissed her hand. "Nothing more you can do in this world to make me happy" Aegon said as he looked at her. She gave him a quick kiss on his cheek before she stood up and walked to her sister.

Aliandra Martell was the Heir of Dorne, above of her younger brother, in Dorne they did not look at such silly things as the gender of the child to make them Heir. Qoren Martell had chosen his eldest daughter from the moment she was born, and like the others before her, she would pass the Martell name to her children.

She had been few years older than her sister, Nyferia, and she had been wed too, to a man from Essos whom she had met as he traded in Sunspear. He had been the son of a wealthy Lord, but none of that mattered to Aliandra, as she had grown to love him and had asked her father to wed her to him. Her father, who had been a firm believer of love, had agreed to it. Drazenko Rogare had been a long descendant of Old Valyria, his family had escaped just before the Targaryens and Velaryons had, his silver hair had been gone but his lavender eyes remained.

"Sister" Aliandra said as she saw her younger sister, smiling brightly as they hugged. In spite of not having seen the other in long years, the love remained between them, and they had exchanged plenty of letters to each other over the years. "I am so happy to see you again" Nyferia said, and looked upon her elder sister, she had grown more beautiful than she remembered, slightly resembling their mother, but none looked like their mother like Nyferia had done.

It had been a great pain in Prince Qoren's heart when he had laid his eyes on his daughter again, her mother's beauty shining through as he did. "It's a curse, Prince Qoren" the voice of King Viserys rang as the Dornish Prince turned to the King. "What is a curse?" the man asked, confused what he had been talking about. "My own daughter resembles her late mother, it's both a blessing and a curse I have learned" Viserys said as he looked from Nyferia to Rhaenyra who had resembled the late Queen Aemma.  Qoren looked at Nyferia as she spoke with her sister, a smile on her face and her hair in a neat braid similar to that of the court ladies of the Crownlands. He had missed the Dornish in his daughter, then again, she had been away from Dorne for so long he wondered if she even knew what it looked like.

He eventually moved away from the King, towards his daughters as he plastered a smile on his face. "Daughter" Qoren said as he looked upon his second child, not less loved than the eldest, or the ones still living under the same roof. "Father" she said giving him a slight bow. "No, this is your wedding day, my daughter, no need for bows before your father. You are now the wife of Prince Aegon" Qoren said and Qoren knew what each and every man in the room of the Great Hall knew.

Otto Hightower would do anything and everything to place Aegon on the Iron Throne if he wanted to or not. Now that the King had been worsening, he had even more power in court as Princess Rhaenyra barely visited, only out of obligation once every so odd time.

This marriage was Otto Hightowers greatest accomplishment yet, not only did they have the support of Dorne on their side, Dorne still yet to be defeated by the Targaryens, including the mighty Vhagar. And only did the alliance pull through, he could see how Princess Nyferia and Prince Aegon actually cared for each other, something he had not yet hoped for in his wildest dreams.

He knew soon that a child would follow, if Gods be good, and he prayed to them the child would be a son, he didn't even care if the son did not look Targaryen, as long as it was a son from Princess Nyferia's womb with Aegon's seed, he would be pleased.

Nyferia was with child, awoken in the womb before their official marriage and Aegon knew his mother would tell the people how Princess Nyferia had gone into labour too soon and how miraculously it had been that the child survived. But her wedding day had not been spend sitting it through, she had taken her father on the dance floor, smiling as she finally was among family again, her family.

When the evening ended, and Otto Hightower was pleased with the people had spoken with—all except for Prince Daemon calling him a cunt—Nyferia and Aegon returned to his chambers where they would now both reside, and Naga, Serpico and Aurea had already been placed in the room, which was fine with Aegon, he rode a dragon what fear should he have for the serpents of his beloved. "Are you tired, my Sun?" Aegon asked as he placed the golden necklace on the table besides his bed, he had dismissed all the servants, he could undress himself on his wedding night, although he was not sure if there would be one. "My feet are killing me" Nyferia said, letting herself fall on Aegon's bed, who had been well to think of more pillows now that Nyferia would permanently reside with him.

"Come, let me ease your troubles" he said as he quickly undid his clothes, only dressed in a long blouse and loose breeches. Nyferia watched Aegon, whom she could now call husband as he undid her shoes, throwing them into the room, as he placed soft kisses on her calves, kissing up to her inner thigh as he hung over her. Nyferia had a smile on her face, but she looked too tired to do more.

"Would you hate me if I didn't want to tonight" Nyferia asked and Aegon shook his head. "We'll have plenty of nights, my Sun, tonight we shall sleep and dream of our life together" Aegon said as he undid the laces on her dress before raising it over her head, before walking away and giving her, her nightgown. "Sleep, my Sun" Aegon said, pulling her into his arms as they moved under the sheets and nuzzled together. Nyferia was used to sleep in warmth and Aegon gave off warmth even on the coldest days, something that made her dream of Dorne again.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

soft nyferia and aegon before things go to shit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 535 26
Viserra Targaryen ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍs. ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴʙᴜʀɴᴛ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss. sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏʀɴ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴠɪsᴇʀʏs ɪ ᴛᴀʀɢᴀʀʏ...
7.2K 336 34
In a world where The North stayed an independent kingdom after the Targaryen conquerors took the rest of Westeros, the Northern kingdom is in shamble...
100K 3.3K 61
Aegon Targaryen hated being the eldest prince of the Seven Kingdoms... Sure, he enjoyed the finer aspects of it; the money, the wine, the women, but...
19.4K 956 18
━━━━ aegon targaryen ii. she is not her father's daughter and he is not the prince that was promised. and with all the chaos brought by the dance sta...