On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Epilogue

Chapter 71: Back To You

561 18 0
By noticeyoursenpaii

3RD PERSON'S POV

"It's not even originally thought by me but I figured what you were trying to do with it." Y/N couldn't even speak and just kept her eyes locked on one thing.

The thing that Wakasa handed to her. It was the small shirt that she made during their time at the cabin. A gift that she intended to give him as she was so sure that they will be parting ways one day. Once again, she can feel the tears form in her eyes.

"I found it the night I came back to the cabin." He continued. "There were a lot of people surrounding the area. And firefighters were everywhere trying to stop the fire in the mountain." Wakasa then cupped her hands with his, caging the little clothing between their hands.

"This... was the only thing left that was burned." Y/N could see the pain in his eyes as he stared at the clothing. Hearing that it was burnt, she couldn't help but be sad, thinking her hard work just went to waste. Then that only means that he tried to fix the very thing that she left for him.

"I lied when I said I didn't see you working on it." Wakasa added. "But it hurt me when I thought you would never be able to finish it. Because everyone thought you were dead." Even with a stoic expression, a tear dripping down his cheek did not escape Y/N's sight. Unconsciously, she raised her hand and wiped it softly with her finger, feeling her heart break at the sight of how broken the man she loves feel. "We were all there, you know. We were all waiting for you to appear in front of us."

He lowered his head, praying to not chicken out now of all times. His heart is beating wildly in his chest as he tries to confess to the woman. Yet, strangely the atmosphere between them feels calm.

"I'm sorry..." She finally choked out and without a second thought, pulled him to her, embracing him as he let his tears out on her shoulder.

"There were days... that I see you in my home." He admitted and Y/N tried to swallow the lump in her throat. To think that Wakasa was also suffering this whole time, it made her even sadder. She expected him to be living peacefully without her but then... "Sometimes on the couch just watching TV. Sometimes in the kitchen washing the dishes. Sometimes in your room sleeping." All her life, she wanted Wakasa to care for her but to think it came to this extent... it somehow feels disheartening.

"All those nights, I couldn't sleep, knowing you're no longer with me." He said, remembering how desperate and depressed he became after her disappearance. And it was the same for her. It was hard for the both of them to be separated that way. But if they were to still part ways but in a different manner... would the result be different as well?

"That present was what accompanied me all throughout those lonely days and nights." Not once did Wakasa sleep peacefully without the little clothing in his grip. It was as if every night, he kept on wishing for it to be Y/N instead. "But something was missing. A part of me felt empty seeing it unfinished." Behind him, Y/N straightened the clothing and found something new on it.

"So I tried to continue it and added your initial next to mine..." As Wakasa continued, her eyes widened in realization. While making this clothing, she indeed put Wakasa's inital on it while imagining it worn by a child who resembles him so much. But she didn't expect him to put her initial next to it as well. At this very moment, Wakasa raised his head from her shoulder and met her teary gaze. "As a symbol of our bond." Right then and there, the thought that this might just all be a dream once again crossed Y/N's mind the moment Wakasa smiled softly at her with eyes holding so much affection. It felt too good to be true in her case and she can't help but be teary as he carefully placed his forehead against hers.

He knows to himself. He loves her with all his heart. Yet how weird it is... when Y/N left for the US, he only weeped and moved on, but for the past months when they were almost convinced that she's dead, he was willing to give up his life too.

Has it always been like this for him?

Or did he just fall for her harder the moment she came back to his life?

He may never get the answer to that question he for sure knows this time that she's the most important to him.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled while her tears keep rushing down her cheeks. "This was supposed to be my gift to you." She closed her eyes, hoping for the tears to stop, feeling embarrassed at the situation. "I thought that soon when I'm gone, you'll finally be able to find someone you love and start a family of your own..." As much as she hated that thought, she couldn't deny what she thought is the reality that Wakasa would someday find a woman which is definitely not her. It was a hard pill to swallow but she tried her best to accept it. "It was supposed to be a gift to you for your future..." child. Was what she attempted to say but the lump in her throat stopped her.

No. Actually, she hasn't accepted that yet. She's still in the process of swallowing that painful pill of a reality. If she were done with it, then it wouldn't be this painful for her to say it.

She took a deep breath to try to calm herself before speaking.

"I'm sorry. Instead, it ended up with me—" She was not able to finish her sentence when something soft crashed on her lips, stopping her in an instant. It didn't last long. It was just enough for her to stop talking and she can see Wakasa's face slowly pulling away from her along with the separation of their lips.

"Don't." For some reason, his voice became deeper as he spoke. His eyes casted down with a frown on his face and pain visible on his gaze. "Don't ever talk like that again." He gritted his teeth, not realizing that her words had annoyed him. "Did you not just hear what I said? Is that still not enough for you to realize how much my feelings are burning for you?"

Y/N gulped down at the sight of his annoyed look as he tried to control himself.

"Y/N, you're the only one I love. What do you even think is the reason why I put our initials together in that clothing?" Y/N remained frozen at his words. Sure, she got hints by what he confessed to her earlier but hearing him say it directly is a different thing. She can feel the joy and excitement deep inside her as she listened to him. "Why do you think I fought for in the past months so I can prove myself worthy of being by your side again?" This is such an abrupt confession and she doesn't even care. Hearing him say those words just made her go speechless. Two sarcastic questions from him and it already spoke volumes to her.

Suddenly, he leaned in once again and Y/N was taken aback when he landed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"You..."

And leaning down, his face went to her huge bump, also landing another kiss against her dress.

"And this baby of ours... as well as the next to come..." He said, caressing her cheek with his hand before continuing. "Are all I ever want and need in this life."

"Waka..." Her throat felt dry and she couldn't even think of any words to say to him. She had so many questions in mind but none of it is sinking in. Not long enough, she started to feel the frustration building up as she wanted to say something to him in return but to no avail.

"Y/N..." Wakasa called out her name the moment he noticed her struggling and Y/N immediately answered with her face reddening in embarrassment. Afterall, she never thought of Wakasa confessing to her like this.

"I don't know what to say." She can recall all the times when Wakasa had dropped signs about how he feels towards her and yet she never took it into consideration, always convincing herself that he doesn't like her that way. If only she realized it sooner, then what could've happened between them? The hands on her thighs gripped her dress tightly as she spoke. "I'm so so sorry. I was so dense... I didn't know."

As her frustration kicked in, she started to cry again. She could only curse at herself for her mood swings probably due to her pregnancy. Even if she wants it to stop, she only grows more frustrated at the situation and end up shedding more tears. Wakasa held up her chin with his fingers, making her look up at him.

"Don't be." Wiping her tears, he spoke to her in a much softer voice and smiled. "Let's be together from now on and forever, okay?" He said while tucking her hair behind her ear.

Despite the joy that she felt in those words, Y/N's mood quickly dropped down when her current situation crossed her mind. Her eyes immediately casted down and the light on her face almost disappearing, she spoke and not even daring to finish it.

"But my condition..." If she were to be with Wakasa now, she will only burden him. That's because she still has to take care of herself. She's not yet fully recovered. She doesn't want to burden him anymore like before. At least that's what she thought.

But Wakasa only smiled at her and patted her head before leaning to her level to meet her gaze.

"We'll overcome it together. I'll be with you when you undergo surgery or treatment and even when you give birth." At his words, Y/N felt her heart jump. She can't believe that she's hearing these sweet words from him directly.

Almost like a dream indeed.

But the warmth from his soft touch proved her wrong.

It's all real.

Even how Wakasa is slowly leaning in right this moment. It's all real.

"I'm here, Y/N. I won't leave you again." Even the softness of his voice as he spoke. It's all real.

With a smile that brightened her expression, she nodded in agreement.

Just like that, the two finally found their paths to each other's hearts as under the bright moonlit surrounding, they sealed another promise with a passionate kiss that spoke so many genuine feelings to the other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
182K 6.4K 63
[COMPLETE ☑] 💚 Tomura x Fem!Izuku _________________________ When she was a kid,Midoriya once met an older boy at an abandoned building when she was...
3.4M 97.2K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...
2.1K 195 24
What is it that kids do nowadays? Well, it seems like many of them (especially boys) enjoy running around with their friends, forming gangs. One spe...