His Favorite Flower

Per SilentGardens

Flora needs tutoring and when she meets Alex the boy tutoring her, she's not the fondest of him and has a har... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 Pt 1.
Chapter 29 Pt 2
Chapter 30 (Finale)

Chapter 21

12 0 0
Per SilentGardens

Back on Monday I waited for Alex to walk to school. Once he came out and we started to walking I started the conversation.

"Did you really have to be that frank with Iris?" I asked.

He gave me a soft look before responding. "I don't see her that way, she shouldn't continue to be like that"

"So she really has no chance?" I question.

"Why are you so concerned with it?" He asked.

"Well I can kind of relate." I explain. " Liking someone so much is painful and when being turned down like that, I'd never want confess my feelings again" Our eyes met for a while. "I'm just saying you could've done it a bit nicer, but I do understand it a bit."

"You do?" He said.

"I know I'm naive and kind of a hopeless romantic, but if I had realized that Simon could never like me sooner I wouldn't have wasted so much energy." I said.

Alex put his hands in his hoodie pocket, he stopped walking. " I know you've had a hard time with that and it's a terrible feeling. But I would be lying to Iris by making her believe that we could be something more"

"You're right. Sorry for getting mad at you"

"You're a bit of a hothead"

I scoff and make my way past him.

"Hey wait"

----------------------------------------------------

For the rest of the month and the next and then going into April, all I was focused on was my schoolwork. I had my test score go down and I was determined to make it up and receive a good grade.

I studied at home, in the library, and occasionally in the diner, although I hadn't seen much of Iris. Whenever I had homework assigned I always made sure that was the first thing I completed. Every fail I got only gave me more fuel. Alex tutored me throughout the week in school and every now and then in my garage. With lacrosse season continuing on, all the players had more practice and I had more work to do.

I frequented in Coach Yang's office when the team had practiced. I had gotten to know all of the players pretty well. Seeing Simon also became a more natural interaction. Without having feelings for him, it felt easier to start a conversation with him. During those times seemed most easiest.

Time was flying by and spring break had come and gone. The week after spring break was a big one, a big math test came up and so far my previous scores had gone up to 80%. With Alex's help the math test came somewhat easy. I had all of Alex's words in my head, guiding me.

I would have to wait until Friday to hear my test scores and by Thursday it all I had consuming my thoughts.

Finally Friday came and in math class once Ms. Taylor gave us back out tests it took me a minute to look at my test score.

Then I saw and pure shock rose upon my face.

100%

"Ahhh" I yelled.

The class looked at me, concerned. I looked up at Ms. Taylor waving my test paper. She gave me a big smile and said, "Good job Flora"

As soon has the bell rang and we had our fifteen minute break, I ran out of the classroom in search for Alex. I spotted him with his friends.

"Alex you won't believe it" I exclaimed running over.

I was too excited and hugged him once I met him. "Thank you thank you thank you"

I faced him, showing my perfect grade. A perfect A.

His smiled big. And my hands hadn't left his shoulders.

"This is amazing" He expressed.

This moment was perfect and I hadn't even noticed when Simon came up.

"What's the occasion?" He asked.

"I got 100% on my math test" I gleamed.

"That explains it" His eyes went down and I followed and that's when I noticed Alex and I had both our hands together.

When did this happen and for how long?

I looked at our hands and up at him, he smiled and his gaze softened.

I let our hands go and laughed softly as I do when in awkward situations.

I thanked him once again before heading to find Ben and Ivy.

------------------------------

The final bell rang and the school day was over. That meant heading up to Art Club, and once I entered I saw the tables all pushed together with a ton of materials on it.

Ms. Welsh informed us that we were going to all create one giant paper mache sculpture. How we were supposed to make something of a big size in one hour was a question all of us had. However we all put in our work and by the end of the class we ended up with a tree with long branches reaching out.

Ms. Welsh said we could paint it next week and dismissed us. I grabbed all of my belongings and headed out. Walking out I saw Timothy catch up with me.

"Do you have a sec" He asked.

"Yeah"

He pulled out a small canvas from his backpack. The painting was of a park with a gorgeous sunset.

"Wow, the detail on this is amazing" I said.

"Thanks, it's for you"

"Me?" I questioned.

"I made it with the paint set you gave me and I wanted to give you something back so when I heard about your test score I thought I could give you this now"

"Really?" I held the painting in my hands, canvassing all the colors. "I will hang this up in my room. Thank you Timothy"

He accompanied me all the way to the entrance and we said our goodbyes and I waited for Alex to walk back home. I continued to gaze at the painting while I waited. This was truly a gift.

----------------------------------------------------------

The next week by slowly. Instead of having tutoring with Alex during lunch we decided to do our lesson in my garage on Wednesday.

After school that day we headed to my garage and no matter how many times Alex has been in there, I will always look at his expression once the garage door opens.

This time our lesson went over an hour because I had written down many questions I had from class to ask Alex. I became more familiar with how to answer certain questions and felt more comfortable working on difficult problems on my own. There would always be problems I don't know the solutions to but I don't feel the fear I used to have.

The calming environment and having Alex there made everything else seem possible.

After we had finished, I had cut mangos to eat together. Alex had asked if my mom would be home soon, wondering if he should invite to eat with his parents again. I appreciated the invite but I let him know she would be home soon.

I enjoyed my time until I remembered. "Oh that's right" I went to find something in my workspace. "Close your eyes" I told Alex.

He did and when I let him know to open them, I held a keychain.

"It's a gift. For you" I said. " I made it as a way to thank you for everything you've done for me. I really appreciate it"

He smiled brightly, his cheeks a bit flushed. "It's cool, how did you make it?"

"It's resin, I wasn't sure about the flower thought, I made another one with a seashell if you'd want that one better"

"No, no I like the flower, thank you. It's really pretty"

"You can put it anywhere too" I mentioned.

He took the keychain and hooked it on the zipper of his backpack.

"You're putting it there?" I asked.

"Yeah, why not, something this pretty should be showcased" He replied.

I smiled very happily knowing he liked it so much.

We had continued to talk about random topics and I never noticed how long we had been in the garage. Alex walked around the garage observing all the pieces as if he had never seen them before. He stumbled upon something.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Is this watercolor? The pans are large."

"Actually it's face paint"

"You face paint too" He said excitedly.

"My mom does actually. She used babysit a lot so she would bring face paint to entertain the kids and she liked it a lot that she started to other forms of paint"

"Her artistic genes have been passed on to you" He comments

"Guess so. Here bring them over I'll one for you"

"Only if I get to do you"

I opened up the face paint and took some brushed and got started. "What would you like?" I asked.

"Mmm how about a Van Gogh?" He smiles cheekily.

"Tiny stars then" I start painting, totally focused but then I can't help myself but to do a bunch of squiggly lines.

"What are you smiling about?" Alex asks.

"Nothing."

"Right. Let me do you now" Alex gathers the colors towards and gives time to think about what he wants to do. He dips into the red and paints on my cheek. The paint feels cold but I like the feel of the brush.

I try to make out what he's painting. I could feel like an upside down u shape and then another one. The a v shape below. I wonder if he's writing something. I look down at the brush until I look at him instead. His eyes meet mine and he stops painting.

A small smile appears from me and he turns his whole body away.

"Are you finished" I ask.

He clears his throat. "Yeah" turning himself back. " I am"

"Can I see it?"

"No." He says abruptly. "It's a secret"

"That's not fun" I say.

"It is for me"

I frown. "Fine, then you won't get to see yours either" I quickly grab a wipe from nearby and hold him to wipe off the paint.

"No you can't I haven't seen it yet"

"And you never will"

He manages to grab a wipe and wipe off the red. We playfully chase each other in the garage. It ended when we finally removed all the paint. My mom came home soon after that and Alex made his way back home. I don't remember enjoying myself in a while. It was a nice feeling having a good time with someone.

Of course there will be more times to have good memories but for me that would happen after the complications.

Summer was approaching and then senior year, that's when all the complications start.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Late Bloomer Per Mary-Jane Kristo

Literatura romàntica

943 119 18
Status: COMPLETE ❀"Is she for real?"❀ Thea Gardener had been a wallflower all through high school, staying away from the popularity pack and boy...
586K 18.8K 60
Olivia Hansen is perfect. At least, that's what everyone thinks of her. She maintains her busy schedule by following routines and setting rules for h...
1.4K 39 17
Lilly isn't just like your average teenage girl, she's not worried about fitting in, she doesn't care if boys stare at her, and she doesn't wear tons...
15.9K 211 12
Abigale isn't what you call pretty, or bright. She's average, with the below average schooling . Abi gets bullied for her nerdy appearance, and her h...