Murder Mystery - H.S

By angelhazs

He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well... More

☆ Introduction ☆
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19 *
20*
21
22
23*
24
25
26*
27*
28
29*
30*
31
32*
33*
34
35
36
37
38
39*
40*
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48*
49*
50*
51
52
53
54
55
56
57*
58
59*

6

3.3K 81 35
By angelhazs

Juliet.

Growing up, everything was always handed to me, from my first phone and my first car. I was privileged; I knew that. But it wasn't always what I wanted when I was younger.

I sometimes wish I could earn my gifts and materialistic things. Instead, they were handed to me because they needed to get rid of money. That's probably why I grew up wanting nothing to do with the cartel.

I simply wanted to live a normal life like my friends. Or as natural as it gets.

I knew there would be a time in my life when I would be drawn back to the cartel, whether I liked it or not. I tried my best not to get involved.

Never killing anyone

Never robbing anything.

Trying my best not to hurt anyways feelings.

Everyone is going through something, and offending them may be the turning point for their bad day, which I don't want.

Except if your name is Styles.

If that's his name at all. Who would name their kids Styles?

Something about him irritated me. The way he spoke to me, the way he looked at me, the way he demanded me. He's very entitled.

I'm not sure how he's supposed to protect me from my "mother's killer."

All of this is most likely a lie.

It was as if everything I had worked for had vanished in the blink of an eye. My first car, which I purchased with my own money, was wrecked.

Leaving the first apartment, I ever purchased. I was aware that it wasn't perfect; Styles were right. But because it was my first apartment, I felt a sense of success.

I felt accomplished.

I had the idea that I could accomplish anything on my own.

And then Styles show up and destroys everything I've ever worked for. Taking my dreams of success away from me

I hated him.

I intended to move today. The man, whose name I haven't yet learned, is supposed to help me move today.

Have I begun to pack?

No.

Am I trying to avoid what might happen?

Yes

Instead, I was drunk. A bottle of almost empty tequila on the ground, and a pile of pictures near me. Images of my mother

As soon as I got hold of the "do not open box," I decided against starting to pack. I found myself lying on the ground, taking in all the nostalgic images. Memories that are both good and horrible.

I was startled by the sound of heavy footsteps, spilling the tequila bottle to the ground and cocking my head in the direction of my closed bedroom door.

My heart began to beat rapidly, but my thoughts felt lethargic. "Juliet."

The man

He entered my apartment again.

"She's not here." I cried out, collected all the pictures that were on the floor, and putting them back into the box while attempting to clean up the liquid that had spit on the floor.

Who is this man coming in here like he lives here or something? As my bedroom door opens, I scoff.

"Maybe don't speak up if you're going to pretend you're not home." I laughed, turning to face the man in front of me.

"Why not knock like a regular person, weirdo? What if I was naked?"

"But you aren't, Why aren't you packed, Juliet?" he mocks.

I groan and rise to my feet, taking slow, blurry steps toward my purse as the man stays silent. "Aha! I've found one.". When I placed the cigarette between my lips, the fire quickly caught, allowing me to inhale the smoke.

"Juliet." My voice sounded rough and hard on Styles tongue. I turn slightly to look at him, he was angry, jaw clenched. "Pack right now."

I scoff walking towards my bed. "I'm not in the mood to pack,"

"I don't care what you want, Juliet."

I took a deep breath watching the smoke vanish into thin air. My throat ached. "If you want me to move, why don't you pay someone to move my stuff? I am broke because of you."

" Because of me?" he laughs

"Did you forget what hell you did?"

I sit up and look directly at the man who stood by the end of the bed, angry. Styles jerks his head to the side and takes another step, thankfully the bed stopping him. "What did I do?" I frowned, his hands gripping the railing of my bed to the point where his knuckles were white.

"How about what the hell you did?"

" Me? What did I do?"

"You sent the fucking cops—"

"Because you hit my car and ran off." I rolled my eyes. "I won't be able to repair my fucking car. That's going to cost me, like, a million bucks."

I bite my inner cheeks hard as I stare into his dark, hateful eyes. "And you, we're doing something illegal." I sighed rolling my eyes. "Also, what was in those duffle bags? Drugs? Money?"

"No, that's perfectly legal; what are you on about?" he smiles devilishly

"It's not legal to leave an accident," I balk.
"I've seen enough illegal crap to know what's legal and what isn't."

"Oh yeah? I completely forgot princess knows what is bad and what is good. " Styles chuckle, "Will you go running to the cops again because I damaged your car? It was a shifty car anyway.

I frowned " I liked my car."

" Your rich." Styles rolls his eyes and places both hands on the end of my bed. " Daddy can buy it for you."

I scoffed, getting out of my bed, grabbed the bottle off the floor, and took a sip. "I don't go to my dad when I'm having trouble,"

"You're a doctor." Styles now guffawing standing tall, "I don't give a fuck; it's not my problem. Do you want to know what happened to those cops you sent over to my casino?"

I kept quiet, watching him laugh and develop an unpleasant grin. He approaches me slowly, so I take a step back, clutching the bottle tightly. "Leave me alone," and Styles beamed.

"I killed them. Killed them with my fucking hands and dumped their body in the lake."

I forced a hard swallow, but he was back in my line of sight in a matter of minutes. I said again, "Leave me alone."

"That's all your fault. You're the reason they're dead. How do you feel knowing that you killed two innocent police officers? Mhm. "His voice was taunting, and I glared at him, breathing heavily.

"I didn't,"

Styles laughed. "But you did. You could have kept that pretty little mouth shut, but you didn't."

"You crash into me." I sounded defeated, "You hit me,"

"You could've kept your mouth shut," he hums.

"I would have lied. You didn't have to kill him."

"Actions have consequences."

" You didn't have to kill them." I gritted through my teeth. " You're disgusting."

" Your family also kills people." he shrugged "Learn your lesson, Juliet, and I will never have to kill anyone again."

" You're awful."

" So I've been told." He shrugs and I ran a hand through my hair.

"That makes you proud?" Before pushing past him, I crossed my hands over my chest and lay on my bed, taking a deep breath.

" Pack." I rolled my eyes at his demanding tone and sat back up to face him.

He was leaning on my vanity and giving me a critical look. "Juliet, I don't have all fucking day. I have to leave before 3:30. I've got things to do."

"It's not my problem. Leave; I'm exhausted and drunk. I need another cigarette, and I also need fucking coffee."

"You're fucking annoying. " He was walking toward the hallway and returning inside carrying a box. "Pack Juliet." I flinched at the abrupt sound, staring directly at him as he yelled at me.

" Fine. You're not planning on packing? I'll take care of it. I hope you're aware that everything goes your way. I'm being paid to do a job, and dealing with girls who don't listen irritates me. You either listen or you get killed."

While Styles was babbling, opening my drawer, grabbed a handful of clothes, and tossed them into the box. I sat there, wide-eyed, watching all of my clothes disappear. "I'm not here to fool around. I'm going to do your brother a fucking favor."

"I'm sorry," I said, guilt overtaking me.

"You want to be a princess?" he pauses. "Then be a fucking princess. Life does not always go as planned. Do you get what I'm saying? Or do you want to get killed like your mother? " He opens another drawer and pauses, his body stiffening, and I knew it was my lingerie drawer.

Wow

My mouth went dry, and my mind was blank I swallowed hard and stared at him. "Answer me." His harp, voice drew me out of my trance and reminded me of my last memory with my mother.

"I don't."

"Then you're going to get up and finish fucking packing; do you understand?" I nodded once and he took a breath. "I'll meet you in the living room; you have an hour."

" That's not enough time."I stare at him rubbing my hands against my thighs.

" Should have started sooner,"

" Can I call a friend for help?"

" You're a big girl, you can do it yourself."

"Right." I stood to my feet, the door just shutting, causing me to flinch, I walked towards the open drawer where half of my clothes remained.

I gently picked it up, the clothes already folded, and placed it inside, gradually making my way through all of my drawers.

The time passed quickly and before I knew it my room was empty. The only thing left was my bed and drawers.

Am I supposed to take that with me?

I walked into the living room after leaving the boxes in my room. Styles, sitting on my couch, one leg on top of the other. He was holding a drink in one hand and his phone in the other.

He raises an eyebrow looking up through his lashes at the sound of my footsteps. "I finished packing my clothes—I don't have many, so it went quickly. I just... I know my time is almost up, but could I pack up my paint supplies and my living room?"

He gives me a nod. "Thank you," I murmured walking towards the small closet, and pulling out all of my paintings.

I usually keep them away because painting is how I express my emotions, and it makes me feel at home. I quickly stuffed it into a black bag and grabbed a new, empty box, and piled all my paint, brushes, and new canvases inside. Pushing it into the living room and throwing whatever I didn't mind getting dirty.

I grabbed my record player, a few CDs, and my blankets. "I think I'm ready." I looked around, thinking, "I have the basics; I'll come back to get the rest of my things tomorrow."

He stands to his feet, " Someone is going to come in to get the boxes do you have anything small?"

"My luggage," I shrugged, walking away to my room, "That's it."

He grabs my luggage and looks down at me. "I wouldn't want you to fall down the stairs."

"I'm not going to fall down those stairs." I grabbed my purse and quietly followed Harry. "Do you also live in these apartments?"

He ignored my questions, dragging the suitcase down the stairs while I followed like a lost puppy. "If you do, I would prefer not to be your neighbor."

Styles turns to look at me as he hits the bottom floor. "No, I don't live in that apartment."

"Where do you live?" I then asked, "It seems unfair that you know where I live but don't know where you live."

" You don't have to know where I live." Styles sounded irritated as he came to a halt in front of a small black two-door car.

"I do, indeed. What if I'm in trouble and need you to save me? Isn't it your job to save me? I think I deserve to get a proper introduction to your house. Unless you have a weird girlfriend who would freak out if she saw me with you," I grinned.

"I mean—not that I'm a threat to the relationship," he blows out a sharp breath. "I'm not interested in you. But I'll find it amusing."

" Juliet. Shut up."

I stood to the side, leaning against his car, rolling my eyes. "How is this supposed to fit in your car? It looks small. " I knew I was pushing his buttons, but it was fun. I enjoyed watching him become irritated because if he can insult me every day, all hours, I can annoy him.

He opened the passenger-side door and pushed the seat forward, allowing the two pieces of luggage to enter. "Oh!" I exclaimed.

"Are you sure you can drive? You're not going to crash again, are you? I'm not prepared for another concussion." I said with a giggle.  

Standing tall, he turned to face me, and I didn't realize how close we were until I felt his breath on me. I froze in place, briefly closing my eyes as the smell of mint enveloped me. My back pressed hard against the car, blinking several times, controlling the way my heart began to beat at his closeness to me.

"Stop talking, and sit."

"You sure like to demand a lot." Styles closed the door and walked towards the driver's side, where he sat next to me.

" So?"

"What, Juliet?"

"You don't say much, do you?" I muttered under my breath.

"Juliet, fasten your seatbelt." I turn to face Styles as I reach for it. He had his jaw set tight, one hand gripping the steering wheel and the other resting against the door.

"You're not even wearing a seatbelt. Put your seatbelt on, and I'll put mine,"

He tilts his head in my direction. " Hey! Keep your eyes on the road. " My hand flies forward, and I buckle my seatbelt as I push his head toward the road. "Seat belt."

" You—" Styles begins, but then stops.

"You what?" I shook my head, picking at the sweat on my body, "Actually, if it's something insulting or something to do with my mother's death, I rather not know."

After a few minutes of silence, I speak up again. "Does this car have music? I'm bored, and you are boring."

" Don't touch the radio." Huffing out a breath I looked outside at the view.

"You're not much fun. What do you do when you don't talk or listen to music? Just be grumpy all the time?"

"Juliet."

" Mhm."

"Connect your phone with Bluetooth." My jaw drops, and I turn to face Styles again, his gaze fixed on the road.

"Are you kidding? Oh my god, you're being kind of nice," I giggle.

" Music, Juliet." Nodding, I took my phone from my back pocket and was about to reach forward when I remembered what he had said earlier.

"You can touch it," Another amused laugh escapes my lips as I connect my phone.

"Is there anything you'd like to hear? My music is not for everyone."

"Just put whatever you want." I nod as I scroll through my playlist, unable to choose a song.

"Do you like arctic monkeys? They are an old band, but—I've always loved their music," I inquired. When I press Do I Wanna Know, the melody of the beat gradually begins, and I turn to look at him.

He remained silent, running his tongue over his bottom lip. "I recognize their songs."

Humming I close my eyes and lean back in my chair listening to the music that always made me feel more at ease.

His powerful cologne made me nauseous; the scent permeated the small car we were riding in. It was a combination that, thanks to him, never left me.

It didn't smell awful at all. It was noticeably unique. I don't believe Styles is the most gorgeous man ever; maybe his attitude is telling me otherwise, but if he were polite, I think we would get along well.

Maybe even good friends.

"What would you like to eat?" I can feel him staring at me as I open my eyes. I turn my head towards him, taking a deep breath.

"Just take me to my new house; I'm too nervous to eat." He clenched his teeth.

"Will you cook something? You don't even have anything to cook."

"I ate earlier at my apartment."

"Yeah?" I hum, "What did you eat? All I found in that fridge was junk food."

"I ate ramen noodles, which were delicious." He shook his head.

"That crap isn't even good for you—" I smiled.

"Here's a little secret: nothing is ever truly good for you." He says nothing, shaking his head and returning his stare to the road.

"I'll order you some food."

" Will you eat?"

Silence

"Because if you're not going to eat, you shouldn't order." I close my eyes once more and tap my hands against my thighs, humming to the music.

"I can't. As soon as I drop you off, I have to go do something."

"What are you going to do?" I reopened my eyes and looked at him.

"We're here," he says, pausing at some gates. Security guards were standing outside, looking at Harry, and with a single nod, the doors suddenly opened.

I stood up straight and stared out the window at the other building. I'm not sure how many there were, but it seemed endless. The exterior, and interior were unique; the color brown with black. Balcony on different sections. The front door was made of glass with black around it.

The car comes to a halt in front of one of the last apartments. I immediately stepped outside, walking forward, taking in the scenery.

Since the sun was now slowly dropping and we were in the mountains, the sunset was in full view. This was something I had to paint. It was lovely, with vibrant hues, trees that were turning orange and brown as a new season approached, a river far below, and houses.

I smile, a light breeze brushing against my bare skin, blowing my hair away from my face.

"Are you ready to go inside?" I turn slightly to look at Styles, who was standing near the door with both of my luggage.

"Oh, right! Sorry, "I grin apprehensively and move toward Harry. "Your key will scan when you set it on top of the panel."

I hummed and peered up at him as he spoke, a strand of hair falling across his eyes. "What if it stops scanning one day?"

"It shouldn't. And if it doesn't, call me, and before you do anything, I get a notification each time you scan in and out," he said as he looked down at me.

I enter the building scowling. "Absolutely no privacy." I shook my head, my voice still echoing. There were two elevators and glass steps on my left side.

Five doors on my right

" You're on the 6th floor," he says again stepping inside the elevator.

Once inside, I noticed a mirror on the largest wall in the back, gold handles, a clock in the upper right corner, and a camera.

"You scan the screen with these keys." he points "It takes you right to your floor." humming I notice six appear:

"Does that mean I can only go to my floor?"

"No, you can also type in what floor you want to go to," I murmured as I watched the numbers slowly change until we arrived on the sixth floor, Styles stepping out first.

"Your apartment is number 25."

The doors were all black, and Harry used the same key to unlock them by placing it over the lock.

"So this key helps me unlock everything." He nodded, allowing me to step inside, and I stood to the side, taking in the surroundings.

It felt like a penthouse, with two small
couches and one long one, a TV on the wall, a mini dining room to the left that connected with the black and gold kitchen, windows covering the other end of the wall, showing the same view I saw outside, and a balcony.

"Holy shit." My eyes widened. There was a hallway to my right

"Over here is your bedroom." He grunts.

" Jesus."

It was larger than my previous apartment. There was a single queen bed in the center, a balcony that I'm guessing wraps around the other one in the living room, a drawer that matched the black bed frame, and two doors that I'm guessing led to a bathroom and a walk-in closet.

"You own this..." I was still taken aback. "Jesus!" I say again, laughing.

"Wow, this is nice."

"I told you it was the best apartment in the entire community—I no longer live in the community, but if you drive five minutes away, you'll find another gate and my house. Don't come unannounced."

" I think you forget I don't have a car." Scrunching my face " And why would I visit you voluntarily? You're not nice."

" I didn't forget." He clenched his jaw. " You can take an uber or walk or even better don't show up."

" Right." I cleared my throat. "Well, thanks for driving me."

He digs through his pockets and pulls out his phone, staring at it for a split second, "I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Why would I see you tomorrow?" I asked quietly.

Of course, there is no response; instead, he walks away and towards the door. "Goodbye, Juliet. Behave."

"Bye," I murmured the door closing behind him.

Looking at my new room one more time, I thought of ways to make it comfortable for me. To give me a sense of safety and comfort. I, therefore, spent the remaining time listening to music, decorating my new home with items from my old apartment, and attempting to block out the reason why I would see him tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.7K 126
Mature/18+ Trigger Warnings included All her life, Ivy Malone has known what her family was. She grew up in the deep, unforgiving world of the mob. I...
21.2K 377 69
ECSASY: An overwhelming fear of joy or happiness - "Tell me you hate me", he says. "I hate you", I say it, over and over and over again. "I hate you...
218K 3.2K 69
Harry Styles is on his way to becoming the boss of a well-known, deadly Mafia that has existed for centuries, soon Meeting Luna Miller, a highly igno...
27.4M 619K 106
BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain that's slapping repetitively against the...