𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

I Kissed A Girl

2.2K 81 100
By mayasbitxh

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you motherfucker?!" Adalynn yelled, shoving Finn as soon as they got home.

"Adalynn, language!" Carole shouted from the other room.

"Sorry, Carole!" the brunette called as she followed Finn upstairs and into his room. "We're not don't talking about this, Finn Christopher Hudson!"

"Look, calm down," Finn said, closing his bedroom door to muffle the noise of his step-sister yelling at him. "I already feel terrible."

"Well you should, idiot!"

The bedroom door opened, and Carole came in. She looked between her son and step-daughter with her arms folded across her chest.

"Okay, what's going on with you two?" Carole asked.

"Finn outed Santana, but she's the one that got in trouble for slapping him, and he's getting no punishment at all!" Adalynn yelled. "It's not right!" She turned and pointed a finger at Finn. "You had no fucking right to do that to her!"

"I said I was sorry," Finn mumbled.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it!"

"Adalynn," Carole said, placing a hand on the younger girl's shoulder. "Take a deep breath, honey. Yelling isn't going to solve anything. Now, Finn," she said, turning to her son. "Your sister has a point–"

"Step-sister," Adalynn grumbled, crossing her arms and glaring up at the older boy.

"–saying sorry isn't going to fix what you did," the older woman continued. "You need to make things right."

Finn nodded. "I think I know just how to do that."

****

The Troubletones and the New Directions sat in the choir room. Santana held Maya close to her as the baby clung to her Cheerios top. Ava was sitting in Quinn's lap, playing with Adalynn's hair beside her. The brunette shot daggers into the back of Finn's head as he wrote 'lady music week' on the white board.

"This is not what Carole meant when she said he needed to make things right," Adalynn mumbled as she took a sip from her Lima Bean cup, scrunching her nose as the flavor of pomegranate tea hit her taste buds. "I want my coffee back."

"Addie, we already talked about this," Quinn sighed, rubbing her girlfriend's back. "You have to stop drinking that all the time."

"Can someone tell us what's going on, please?" Mercedes asked, breaking the silence between the two show choirs.

"This week the Troubletones and the New Directions will both be singing music created by ladies and for ladies," Finn explained as he turned around from the board.

"This b-word," Adalynn grumbled as she took Ava's little hand. "Finn has issues, Little Ada."

"Oh hell no," Santana scoffed.

"Next week, all of us will be going to sectionals, and one of us is probably gonna win," Finn continued. "But, Santana, we're worried about you."

"Worry about yourself, fetus face," the Latina said as Maya looked up at her with her brows scrunched up. "No offense, Mays."

"Glee's about learning how to accept yourself for who you are, no matter what other people think. And that's what this music is all about."

"So wait," Santana sighed. "I don't even get a say in this? Not cool."

"Everybody in this room knows about you and Brittany, the same way everybody knew about Quinn and Adalynn last year," said Finn. "And we don't judge you for it. We celebrate it because it's who you are. Look, I know not everybody outside this room is as accepting and cool, but we're doing this assignment this week so that you know in this rotten, stinking mean world that you at least have a group of people who will support your choice to be whoever you wanna be."

"It's not a choice, Finn," Bailey said, her jaw clenched as she looked up at the older boy. She hated him for causing Santana this much pain.

"Oh," said Finn. "Um, anyways, that's it. That's what we're doing here. Blaine, Kurt?"

The two boys got up and went to the front of the choir room.

"Santana, Kurt and I have a song we like to sing to each other in the car, and we wanna sing that for you right now," said Blaine.

"While there's nothing I'd love more than having two pretty ponies serenade me, I think we'd get further staging a coffee-vention for Adalynn than singing lady music," Santana grumbled.

"I know it's hard," said Kurt. "It was hard for me too. But you can get through this."

"If you would just stop being so defensive–"

"I'm trying," Santana interrupted Blaine. "But your hideous bow ties are provoking me."

"Wait, are we talking lady-on-lady or girl-on-girl?" Puck asked. "Cause there's a huge difference."

"Puck, don't be a ducking idiot," Adalynn scoffed before turning to Ava. "Can you say 'duck,' Ava? Duck."

"Uck," Ava babbled.

"Close enough," Quinn chuckled as she passed the baby off to Adalynn.

"Fa. Uck," Ava babbled, smiling innocently up at the brunette, who put a hand over her mouth to hide her amused smile.

"Ada, quit teaching my daughter curse words!" Bailey scolded from across the room.

"I told her to say 'duck!'" Adalynn laughed.

"Uck!"

"Guys, let's focus," said Mr. Schue. "Kurt, Blaine, why don't you kick us off with what you got?"

Kurt and Blaine began to sing Perfect by P!nk. Adalynn remembers her brother singing her to sleep with that song when she was younger. Ever since she could remember, he was always there to remind her that she was perfect no matter what.

Kurt briefly made eye contact with his little sister, and he sent her a smile accompanied by a wink.

Everyone clapped when the song ended, and Maya looked up and smiled at Santana.

"Thank you, guys. Thank you, Finn, especially," Santana said sarcastically with a smile. "You know, with all the horrible crap I've been through in my life, now I get to add that."

****

Tina had asked to speak privately with Adalynn, so they were sitting cross legged on the floor of the tree house in the Hummel-Hudson's backyard.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Adalynn asked.

"I don't really know how to bring it up... but hearing Kurt and Blaine sing that song earlier... I don't know, it's just... made me feel?" Tina sighed and lowered her gaze for a minute before looking back into her friend's blue eyes. "Why do feelings make me... feel?"

"That's why they're called feelings, Tina," Adalynn chuckled as she wrote 'feelings' down in her notebook. "So, let's get more specific. What exactly did you feel?"

"Feelings," Tina shrugged. She sighed again and looked down to play with the friendship bracelet on her wrist. "Not straight feelings. I've been thinking about it for a while, especially when I'm around Bailey."

Adalynn smiled and wrote 'Bailina' down in her notebook, accompanied by a heart around the ship name for her two best friends.

"It's just confusing, because I love Mike, but I've always had a special place in my heart for Bailey," Tina continued as Adalynn nodded in understanding. "Did... did she ever tell you anything else about that night?"

"You mean the night my idiot cousin knocked her up?" Adalynn asked as Tina nodded. "No, she didn't. And I was too drunk to even remember anything that did happen."

"Okay, well... there was a game of spin the bottle, and when I spun it landed on her. I enjoyed the kiss a little more than I should have, and I was planning on talking to her about it as soon as I figured out what was going on in my head, but then she got pregnant, and I knew I couldn't do that to her on top of everything else she was dealing with. And I was dating Mike, so I just pushed it off to the side. But now that we're spending a week helping Santana with a secret that everyone already knows... I know I can't ignore it anymore."

"Well, there's definitely a lot to unpack here," Adalynn said as she wrote down some notes. She reached over and placed a hand on top of Tina's. "These things are hard, and it can be hard to come to terms with. I remember beating myself up about it a lot freshman year, especially when I found myself falling more and more in love with Quinn everyday. Look, all I know is... Bailey cares about you. Nothing's gonna change between you two if and when you decide to open up to her about this."

"But what if it does?" Tina asked, a tear falling down her cheek. "Aside from you, she's my best friend, and I don't want to lose her."

"Hey, T, it's gonna be okay," Adalynn said as she moved to sit next to her life-long friend and wiped the tear off her cheek. "You're not gonna lose her. She's not gonna stop being your friend. And there's no law that says you have to tell her any time soon. And if you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks, Adalynn," Tina said, forcing a small smile as she hugged the brunette.

"Anytime."

****

"Some hearts can conform, fitting the norm, flaunting their love for all to see," Adalynn sang, sending Santana a small smile as she sat on a stool in the front of the choir room with Quinn. "I tried to change thinking how easy life could be. I just kept on failing, I guess that was a sign that there wasn't much hope for this unruly heart of mine."

"Then, you came along, and right or wrong, feelings began to overflow," Quinn sang, taking her girlfriend's hand. "We had to hide, thinking that no one else could know. And not having you near me was where I drew the line. So, I had to conceal this poor unruly heart of mine."

"And though I don't know how or when, but somehow, I learned to see, no matter what the world might say this heart is the best part of me," Adalynn and Quinn sang together. "So fear's all in the past, fading so fast. I won't stay hidden anymore. I'm who I am, and I think that's worth fighting for. And nobody out there ever gets to define the life I'm meant to lead with this unruly heart of mine."

"And nobody out there ever gets to define the life I'm meant to lead with this unruly heart of mine," Adalynn sang, looking Santana in the eyes as the song ended.

The Latina sniffled and wiped a tear away as she stood up and went to the front of the room to hug Quinn and Adalynn

"Thank you, guys," Santana whispered.

****

Brittany sat in the front of the choir room. She locked eyes with Santana, who smiled softly as the blonde started singing.

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity
Shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
Across the room, your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy
And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparkling
Don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck
Blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

The lingering question kept me up
2AM, who do you love?
I wonder 'til I'm wide awake
Now I'm pacing back and forth
Wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say
"Hey, it was enchanting to meet you"
All I know is I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparkling
Don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck
Blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew

This night is flawless
Don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck
Dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

This is me praying that
This was the very first page
Not where the storyline ends
My thoughts will echo your name
Until I see you again
These are the words I held back
As I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

This night is sparkling
Don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck
Blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew

This night is flawless
Don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck
Dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever
Wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

When the song ended, Santana instantly got up and threw her arms around her girlfriend, who held her close.

Bailey smiled and wiped some tears away. She's happy that her sister is happy, and even though this wasn't the most ideal way for everyone to find out, she was happy that they could finally be themselves in front of their friends.

"I love you so much, Britt," Santana said, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I love you too," Brittany smiled.

****

It was the day of the student elections. Adalynn went into the voting booth and checked the box next to Kurt's name. She loved Brittany, but at the end of the day, family comes first.

"Break a leg, big bro," Adalynn said with a smile as she put the folded slip of paper into the ballot box.

Bailey walked into the booth, and checked the box next to Brittany's name. She put the ballot into the box, and left the booth. She met up with Tina and Adalynn, and the trio left the gym together.

****

"Move your perverted creeper ass," Adalynn said as she and the rest of the Glee girls confronted a guy in the hallway who was harassing Santana.

"Now," Bailey said, glaring at the jock.

"Easy, girls," the boy said. "I'm just trying to make her normal."

"She is normal," said Brittany.

"It's not a choice, idiot, but even if it we're, you'd be our last choice," Quinn added.

"Oh, I get it," the boy scoffed. "You're all a bunch of lesbos."

"So what if we are?" Rachel asked. "You don't stand a chance either way."

"Bye-bye," Sugar said, waving the jock away. "Walk away."

"This was never the way I planned," Santana sang as they turned and headed down the hall.

"Not my intention," Adalynn sang as she walked up next to the older girl, who smiled at her.

"I got so brave, drink in hand."

"Lost my discretion," the younger girl sang as Quinn pulled her away from Santana.

"It's not what–"

"–I'm used to."

"Just wanna try you on," Santana sang as they walked into the choir room.

"I'm curious for you," Adalynn sang, pointing at the Latina.

"Caught my attention," they sang together.

I kissed a girl, and I liked it

"The taste of her cherry chapstick," Santana sang.

I kissed a girl just to try it

"I hope my boyfriend don't mind it," Rachel sang.

It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl, and I liked it
I liked it

Us girls, we are so magical
Soft skin, red lips, so kissable
Hard to resist, so touchable
Too good to deny it
Ain't no big deal
It's innocent

I kissed a girl, and I liked it

"The taste of her cherry chapstick," Santana sang.

I kissed a girl just to try it

"I hope my boyfriend don't mind it," Rachel sang, pointing to Finn.

It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl, and I liked it
I liked it

The boys all cheered as the girls finished singing, and Quinn pulled Santana into a quick hug before wrapping an arm around Adalynn as the applause died down.

"Okay, okay, update, y'all," said Santana. "Um, I told my parents last night, and they were actually okay with it. I still have to tell my abuela before she sees that stupid commercial, but luckily, she only watches Univison."

"Excuse me, New Directions and Troubletones singing groups," Principal Figgins said as he came into the choir room. "Mr. Kurt Hummel, I need to see you in my office immediately."

Adalynn furrowed her brows as Kurt hesitantly stood up to follow Figgins to his office. She looked over at Rachel, who looked guilty.

What did you do this time, Berry?

****

"Kurt, what the hell happened?" Adalynn asked as her brother came up to her, Rachel, and Finn.

"Someone stuffed the ballot boxes," said Kurt. "They think I did it. If they can prove it, I could be suspended."

"Oh my god, Kurt," Rachel gasped.

"And I lost. I lost the election. I lost the male lead in Beetlejuice. I can forget about New York and NYADA, cause they'll never take me now."

"Kurtie, you don't know that," said Adalynn.

"And the worst part is that I really, for a second, thought I won."

"Kurt, I'm so sorry," Rachel said, moving to hug the brunette boy, only for him to push her away.

"I have to find Blaine," Kurt said as he took off down the hall.

"Rachel, I want you to know I didn't do this," Finn said as Rachel turned around.

"I did it."

"You, bitch!" Adalynn yelled, lunging at the older girl, only for Finn to grab her and hold her back. "Let me go, Frankenteen!"

"Just let her explain," Finn said as he struggled to hold the younger girl back as she squirmed in his arms.

"Then start right now!"

"I wasn't thinking," said Rachel. "I-I wanted to help him so bad, so I stuffed the ballot box so he'd win."

"Finn, put me down so I can kill her!" Adalynn yelled as Finn tightened his hold on the feisty brunette.

"You have to go tell Figgins," Finn said as the younger girl started hitting his arm.

"I can't," said Rachel. "I'll get suspended."

"Rachel, stop thinking about yourself for once!" Adalynn snapped as she broke free from her step-brother's grasp. She walked up so that she was face-to-face with the older girl, who took a step back out of fear that the younger girl was going to hurt her. "Kurt'll get suspended. So, congratulations, Little Miss Perfect. Once again, you get to walk away, free of charge, while everyone else suffers the consequences that you're responsible for. I hope you're happy."

Adalynn pushed past Rachel and headed down the hall. Just when she thought the diva was done being petty, she went and proved her wrong.

****

"Okay, guys," Mr. Schue said as he stood at the front of the choir room with Shelby. "Shelby and I just wanted to say that you really inspired us."

"When we face off at sectionals, it will be with more empathy, and a deeper understanding of each other," Shelby added.

"That's right," Mr. Schue nodded as everyone clapped.

"Where's Rachel?" Artie asked Finn. "She never misses applause."

"She's... dealing with stuff," the quarterback said.

"Mr. Schue," Kurt said, raising his hand and standing up. "As the son of Ohio's recently minted Congressman–"

"Yay, Dad!" Adalynn cheered as everyone applauded.

"–and to dispel any lingering clouds of suspicion, I would like to personally and publicly congratulate President Brittany."

"Yeah, Britt!" Bailey cheered as everyone clapped again.

"The people have spoken, and they want you, Britt," Kurt continued. "They want Pixy Stix. Rule wisely. Rule fabulously."

"That was the sweetest thing anybody's ever said to me," Brittany said as she got up to give Kurt a hug. "Thank you, Kurt. And you're still the most unicorn of them all, so..."

Everyone clapped and cheered again as Kurt sat back down.

"So much clapping," Kurt said to Adalynn.

"Maybe you could put that on your NYADA application," the younger girl shrugged as Kurt smiled sadly. "Don't give up hope, Kurtie. You'll figure something out."

"Quinn, are you okay?" Bailey asked the older blonde, who was staring wide-eyed at Shelby.

"Santana, why don't you bring us home?" Mr. Schue asked.

The Latina got up and went to the front of the choir room as everyone clapped.

"So, I picked a song that gives me strength and gets me through," Santana began. "The same way all of you do," she said, smiling at Brittany, Bailey, Adalynn, Quinn, and the twins, who were sitting in Sugar's lap. "The struggle continues, but at least I know I'm not alone."

Santana began to sing Constant Craving, and she looked around at each member of the Glee Club. She was so grateful to be a part of a club where she was accepted no matter what, and she could be herself without having to worry about them judging her.

Everyone clapped as she finished singing, and Brittany got up to give her girlfriend a hug.

"Well, well, look who finally decided to show up," Adalynn said as Rachel came into the choir room with a tear-stained face. "What's with the water works? Is NYADA refusing to take your application on account of you're a lying backstabbing little–"

Kurt placed a hand over her sister's mouth, and the younger girl whined in protest.

"I just, um, told Principal Figgins that I rigged the election so that Kurt would win," said Rachel. "Kurt, please don't hate me. You're totally in the clear."

"What did he say?" Finn asked.

"He said that he had no choice but to put it on my permanent record, and that I'm suspended for a week."

"Serves you right," Adalynn grumbled as Kurt took his hand off of her mouth.

"Also he said that I'm banned from competing at sectionals," Rachel said as the whole room went quiet.

Adalynn scoffed and stood up, slowly walking over to the diva. "So, let me get this straight. You're not crying because you're in trouble, or because you feel bad about ruining my brother's chances at winning the student election. You're crying because your spotlight has been taken from you. Is that correct?"

"Adalynn, I..."

"That's what I thought," Adalynn scoffed. "Enjoy your little pity party. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to feel sorry for you."

And with that, Adalynn walked out of the choir room, not caring that rehearsal wasn't over yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 391 12
in which the quiet writer with the soft voice cares about the former cheerio who has never had anyone really care before. 2023 Best Quinn Fic Honorab...
23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...
31.3K 679 23
Quinn Fabray x Male Reader In which a closed-off wallflower gains a soft spot for a popular cheerleader and accidentally falls in love.