ALL TOO WELL, maddie buckley

بواسطة nichclsiconic

ALL TOO WELL, dean matthews knew that feeling all too well, the feeling of knowing someone everyday is going... المزيد

ALL TOO WELL
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
nine.

eight.

225 10 0
بواسطة nichclsiconic

dean matthews didn't how long he had been out on maddie's front door, his abdomen bleeding out from where jason had stabbed him.

evan buckley rushed towards one of his best friends seeing dean's blood pool from his abdomen onto his white buttoned up shirt, "dean, dean?" evan took out his phone from his pocket calling 9-1-1, "i'm at 1831 bryson avenue, i have an adult male with multiple stab wounds to his torso, need medical and police response,"

"okay, sir, i can get your name?"
"evan buckley, i'm a firefighter with the one eighteen,"

evan took off his blazer applying it to his best friend's stabbed torso, "please don't die, dean," he said to his best friend, "uh, victim is dean matthews, he's got profuse bleeding to his abdomen, breathing is laboured, might have hit a lung,"

evan touched his friend's face, "come on, dean, hang in there," dean didn't move a thing, "buck, ra unit's two minutes out, do you know this happened? how long has he been down?"

the 9-1-1 dispatcher josh russo asked, "i don't know," evan said, "i just got home and found him, given the amount of blood, i'd say a few minutes, not hours,"

"how's his pulse?"

evan reached in and touched dean's neck feeling his bets friend's weak pulse, "weak, but it's there," dean opened his eyes slightly, "jason.." he groaned, "h-hold on, he's, uh—he's talking, dean, it's me, it's buck, i'm here, i just need you to stay with me, dean,"

"jason took her..."

evan looked at his slightly unconscious best friend, "dean, who is jason?" dean groaned, "maddie," he opened his eyes more seeing buck over him, "he took maddie," evan looked at dean, "where is maddie?"

"dean, where is maddie?"

evan kept repeating as dean wasn't able to answer anymore when he hears sirens coming towards him about to sit up, "no dean, stay down," evan told his friend who just wanted to find her, "maddie.."

"he took maddie.."

buck went away from dean going inside the house as the paramedics applied pads to dean's bleeding wound after ripping open his buttoned up shirt, "i liked this shirt," he said after seeing the paramedics ripping his shirt open, "shh," the paramedic applied the oxygen mask to dean's face, "it's okay, save your energy okay, don't talk,"

"is he dead?"

maddie asked in the car of her ex husband's, in the passenger seat being held hostage, "if he's not, he will be," maddie had tears running down her face, "he's not our problem anymore,"

doug said to his wife, "why would you do that? he's-he's such a kind man, he was so good," maddie cried, "you think i don't know that? i didn't want to hurt him, i liked dean," maddie turned to him after hearing his name come out of her ex husband's mouth, "we were friends,"

"what?"

doug ignored what she said, "but you cloud me, maddie, you fog up my head, you always have," he said to her, "if you had just stayed, none of this would've happened," he said to her, "doug, how long have you been here?"

he didn't turn to look at her, "i needed to make sure you were safe, i saw you with buck, i thought, all right, fine, she needs some time, just give her some space," he tells her, "she'll come home, she always come home," he repeated.

maddie tested up, "and then dean told me you asked him out, and i knew—i knew i waited too long," she shook her head, "no, no, can you just pull over? we can talk, it's not too late,"

"of course it's too late," he said turning to look at her, "i just killed a man for you, maddie, a man who's brother is a police officer," maddie looked at him, "how-how did you know that?"

maddie looked at her husband, "cause dean invited me over to dinner at his brother's house and i met dean's brother little family and his girlfriend," maddie cried, "there is no coming back from what i did, maddie, not for me, and not for you,"

a tear fell down her face, as she cried looking out the window.

the one eighteen all waited for dean to be ready for surgery as the matthews male was unconscious was tubes in his mouth to help him breathe, as buck came into the room with dean's phone in hand, "you're not supposed to be in here,"

evan came closer to where dean laid, "oh, god, please don't let him die," evan leant down moving dean's thumb to unlock his iphone, "please, sir, you have to go back to the lobby,"

"you can't, you can't die on me,"

evan went out of his best friend's hospital room now holding dean's unlocked phone in hand, "you know, decetive marks didn't believe me," athena and sam comes from around the corner, "he said no one could be that stupid,"

sam looked at his brother's best friend, "and we said, you obviously don't know buck," the male buckley held sam's brother phone in hand.

evan had been handcuffed in hospital jail as athena and sam comes towards eddie and evan, "i spoke to decetive marks," athena said coming towards buck and eddie, "he's not happy with you,"

"i-i-i just—"

sam looked at buck, "yea, you broke a chain of custody, you unlocked my brother's phone without his permission," sam said to buck, "marks can't use it," buck looked down, "i'm sorry, okay? i was trying to help,"

"okay, let's go,"

sam comes to buck, "the car's out front," buck furrowed his eyebrows, "you're arresting me?" sam looked at him, "not yet, but the night's still young," athena hummed at that, as sam uncuffed buck.

"uh, wh-where are we going?"

buck stands up to follow after off duty sergeant athena and police officer sam, "to find your sister—" athena said, "and to catch this motherfucker who thought it was okay to stab my brother," sam said anger, "if doug is jason, this phone is how we find him, but we gonna need a little help,"

the buckley male furrowed his eyebrows at the two officers, "but i thought you said we couldn't use the phone," sam smirked, "she said marks couldn't use the phone, this isn't our case, i'm just a concerned friend of the victims,"

"thank you,"

athena smiled, "let's go," sam walked alongside his sergeant as buck's fire captain stopped his firefighter, "here are some ground rules, you both don't leave her sight, you don't lie, you don't without any information from them, you don't break the law, and you don't do anything that's gonna force her into early retirement, you got it?" buck looked at his captain, "you got it, cap,"

sam holds the door for both buck and athena to come through.

quinn matthews stayed at the hospital, tears streaming down her face at the thought of her brother dying, that means she'd have another person who she'd have to bury.

dean and sam and her brother's family were all that she had left, she didn't have nobody else. expect from chimney who let her rest her head on his shoulder at not sleeping, "he can't die," she said, "dean can't die, he's all me and sam have left of our family,"

chimney didn't realise how much dean had affected his life from being his second friend in the one eighteen before hen was, and how when dean came lieutenant, he didn't let the power go to his head, "he'll be okay, dean's a fighter, he always has been,"

christopher diaz stayed in dean's hospital room who hadn't realise the eight year old was in there until he had opened his eyes seeing him in the seat beside his hospital bed, "hey," dean said, "i heard you had surgery,"

dean nods his head slightly, "i guess i'm catching up with you," his fire captain had come into his hospital room, "hey," he came closer to dean, "you're awake,"

dean tried to smile, "i'm a fighter," he told his captain who smiled at his lieutenant's comment, "looks like you've got your first visitor, does your dad know you're in here?"

eddie comes into his friend's room seeing dean finally awake and his son near him, "chris—" bobby looked at christopher, "i'm gonna say no," eddie comes more further into the room, "welcome back, man,"

he looked at his friend, "we were worried about you," bobby shook his head, "i wasn't worried, i'm starting to think he's invincible," chris smiled, "like a superhero?" bobby nods his head, "yea, just like a superhero,"

"okay, buddy, let's, uh, let dean rest,"

christopher stands up, "don't eat the meat loaf," dean looked at him, "no?" chris shook his head, "that's how i lost my tooth," dean groaned, "thanks for the tip, buddy,"

christopher and eddie went out of the room as chinney comes into the room along with his sister, "dean!" quinn immediately comes out of chimney's arms and straight to her brother's side holding dean's hand, "thank god, you're okay,"

dean looked at his sister, "i'm okay," she looked at him, "you're not invincible, dean, okay," she looked at her brother with tears in her eyes, "me and sam can't lose another one of our family," dean nods his head, "i'm sorry,"

she moved his hair from his forehead pressing a kiss to her brother's forehead, "wh-where's maddie?" bobby makes a face, "uh dean, th-they haven't found her yet,"

he went to move when a pain goes through his stomach making him lean back, "dean, what's wrong? what happened?" the pain in his stomach came back again, he clenched his jaw at the pain, "i need to find her,"

"no, you can't dean, you need to stay on bed rest, okay, sam is out there with athena and buck looking for her,"

dean felt tears come to his eyes, "i promised buck i'd keep her safe, sh-she needs to be okay," quinn rubbed her brother's hand, "they'll find her, dean," dean didn't wipe the tears from his eyes away, "he-he can't hurt her again,"

"who dean? so who can't hurt her again?"

he choked up, "doug, he-he can't hurt her again," quinn and bobby shared a look as bobby went out of the room to inform the one eighteen that dean is awake and stable, "i like her, i like maddie, quinn, i haven't liked anyone like this since before mom died," he told his sister who nods her head, "i know, dean, i know," she told him knowing that dean needed to hear that, "sam and athena are gonna find her, they're gonna find maddie,"

sam, athena and buck went to the same gas station maddie and doug had been at, "we only have eyes on the pumps and the register, now, best we can guess, she goes out the back window, husband catches her," athena nods her head, "yea, cashier sees something wrong, goes to help, winds up getting shit with his own gun,"

sam ran a hand through his hair just wanting to catch and find his scumbag who had hurt his brother, "guess he thought he could handle it on his own,"

a sheriff deputy comes to them, handing sam a note from the bathroom, "found this in the bathroom," sam looks at the note, "it's a rental car agreement, for a dark grey, four doors sedan, looks like maddie started to write help on the back, rented near burbank airport,"

athena and buck both looked at the note, "i'll put out an apb," decetive marks said from beside sam who nods his head, "well, we know where he rented the car, maybe we can use that to track him,"

"uh, like lojack," sam and athena both looked at buck, "well, rental car companies don't use gps tracking, it's too expensive,"

athena nods her head, "major companies don't, but if you're bob and you only have 12 cars in your fleet, you might want to know where they are at all times," decetive marks started to call someone, "hey, it's marks," sam handed the note to decetive who went away from them.

henrietta wilson and howard han both sat side by side next to their best friend's hospital bed who looked up at the white ceiling thinking of a way to escape to helps maddie, "i'm such an idiot," he said teary eyed, "i'm the one who put her in danger,"

"stop it,"

hen's hand comes and reaches out to touch his arm, "he was playing me this whole time, and this is why i closed myself off, because people use me, how could i not see it?" he said blinking away the tears from his eyes, "because psychopaths don't generally announce that they're psychopaths,"

dean looked at his friends teary eyed, "he's gonna kill her, isn't he?" hen and chimney looked at their hospitalised best friend, "i don't know," dean licked his lips feeling a tear come down his face, "i-i promised buck i'd keep maddie safe, and i-i didn't do that, it's all my fault,"

"no buddy," chimney looked at dean, "it's not your fault, you let someone in who you thought was good, because you're a good person," dean blinked the tears what fell into his face, "i-i haven't liked anyone the way i like maddie since before my mom died, she-she was changing me,"

chimney looked at his best friend sad at dean's comment knowing that what he was saying was true because before dean only slept with girls, he didn't let anyone in and with maddie, he let her in straight away knowing he could trust her.

police cars were looking for maddie and her ex husband doug, they had all of the free officers looking for maddie, "we found the kidnapper's abandoned vehicle nearby, so we're looking for a couple," decetive marks said to the manager, "they, uh, may have come in earlier looking for a last minute rental,"

"no, it's been quiet today," the manager said, "nobody's come in," athena looked at the manager, "are these all the properties that you manage?" the manager looked at athena, "uh, no, those are just the ones we highlight, there's a..magazine inside, it has all the listings,"

buck looked at the manager, "how many do you manage?" the manager looked back to buck and sam, "three hundred," after those words came out of the women's mouth, sam ran a hand through his brown hair.

athena, buck, sam and decetive marks had searched another rental, "local sheriff got a report of gunshots, they followed up, found this," marks said to the three of them, "yea, rental manager says all the lake cabins are vacant,"

sam looked out of the door, "well, somebody's been here, and they left in a hurry," sam and buck looked at each other, "it's got to be them, right?"

athena walked out, "question now is, which way did they go?" buck looked at athena, "if she's out there and—and she's hurt," decetive marks come to them, "they're sending more officers, search and rescue's on its way, choppers, dogs, it's gonna be a full-court press,"

sam looked at marks, "we need to find maddie, okay, ever since she got here, she's the only one to get my brother to open up more," he informed them, "if we don't find her, dean will never forgive himself okay, we have to find her, we have to.."

"i got blood out here!"

sam and buck instantly ran, "maddie! maddie!" sam and buck shouted, "you go one way and i'll go the other!" sam and buck went separate ways when they both found maddie, "maddie!"

buck got to his sister first embracing her in a tight hug, "maddie, where is he?" sam asked behind buck, "where is he?" she looked back the way she came from as sam went running in that direction, "sam! sam!"

the older matthews male didn't listen running in that direction when he finds doug on the floor in his own blood, as sam clenched the front of his shirt, "you're so lucky you're dying otherwise, you'd have the worst life ever," he tells doug dropping him back down onto the red snow.

he didn't let his anger take over him thinking about what his brother would say if he sees his knuckles cut and bruised.

a nurse comes into dean's hospital who had his thumb tapping against his knuckles thinking about leaving the room to find maddie, "how are we doing, mr matthews?"

dean sent her a look, "i'm ready to get out of here," he tells her honestly, "three days after major abdominal surgery? you might want to pace yourself," he looked at her after her response, "i'm gonna start pacing myself up and down these walks pretty soon,"

the nurse smiled down at him, "well, maybe..your friend can distract you," dean furrowed his eyebrows where he moved his head to look at the door where he sees maddie being wheeled into his room.

he lets out a breath of relief, "what are you doing here?" he looked at her cut and bruised face, "aren't you supposed to be in the hospital?"

she shakes her head, "i am in the hospital," he smiled, "i got myself transferred," she stands herself up from the wheelchair, "no, no, no.." she comes to him, "no,"

she sits on his bed, "all this is—gonna heal," he looked at her face, "i'm gonna be okay," his red eyes looked into her red tears, "how are you feeling?" she asked with her hand coming onto his arm, "starting to hate hospitals, but this is much better than what i went through when my mother died, no coma, so.."

he felt a tear come down his face, "i thought—" her hand moved down to his hand, "i really thought that—" her hand comes back up to his face, "me too," she looked into his eyes, seeing his green eyes, "you're okay,"

maddie nods her head at what he said, "we're okay," she leaned forwards, where her hand was still on his cheek as her lips touched dean's lips who kissed maddie back, his hand on her arm as they kissed before pulling back.

dean moved up a bit letting maddie come into the bed where she rests her head against dean's chest who didn't mind the pain that he was feeling in his stomach as he finally had maddie back in his arms.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

16.3K 516 12
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 ...𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝖤𝖽𝖽𝗂𝖾 𝖣𝗂𝖺𝗓 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗋𝖾𝖻𝗎𝗂𝗅𝖽...
5.5K 253 11
A former hotshot firefighter from Houston, Texas relocates to LA. Finding a new Station with the 118. She makes some of the closest friends she'll ev...
551K 11K 63
In which a firefighter falls in love with her best friend. Or In which Evan Buckley finds the meaning of true love Cover by and graphics by Lamnt...
6.4K 210 8
the 118 and the 217 have been rival stations since forever. always trying to one up one another. but what happens when a member of the 118 and a memb...