Loving the Enemy

By mydumbas

Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the en... More

PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
...

Chapter 35

3.4K 62 18
By mydumbas

The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. 

-Anonym

_____________________

The car door shuts close behind me as I walk up to Ace's house.

Levina and Mateo suggested it be best, that once me and Ace went to the meeting point, the others should go somewhere safe while Levi and Mateo moved to a safe house somewhere in Siberia.

And where is better than sweet home Italy.

Aces' little mansion is positioned in Perugia, a little further away from the city. His house is beautiful but definitely not something I imagined him to live in.

I imagined more something dark and scary. Like him.

I let him lead me through the door, and once I'm in, complete chaos greets me.

The first thing I hear are cries and pleads and screams, everything is loud and that is absolutely no good sign.

I rush to where the sound comes from, to a big room that looks like the living room.

My heart stops beating for what feels like eternity and my eyes start burning, threatening that tears fall.

'You were so blinded by trying to defeat us that you completely missed your true target every day and let them wonder around your house like they own it alongside you'

Now I see what he meant.

And I'm sorry I didn't realize any sooner.

Blood on the floor, my brother lying in Fernanda's arms, Sky holding his big hand in here small ones, crying beside him while he's bleeding to death.

The one responsible for it?

Daishi.

"Alex?" I whisper as a lone tear slides down my cheek.

I make my presence clear with that one word and all heads turn to me, just like Daishi's gun does.

I can't decide what I feel.

Sorrow. Confused. Frustrated. Hurt. Frightened.

But most of all: Betrayed.

He warned me. He warned me that I should be careful about trusting him with my life.

With my friends' life's.

Ace saw through him all along and I didn't believe him one word.

I mean how could I.

My once best friend, one of the people I trusted the most.

I turn to look at Kyoko, giving her a look, asking if she already knew about her brothers plans.

Question is what even were his plans?

She's already looking at me with a sorrowful look, saying so much yet nothing.

"Oh, Anna, Anna."

I glare at Daishi as takes a step toward me, the gun still pointed at my head.

"You knew that one of us was a betrayer. But you just didn't want to believe that one of your, oh so precious little friends could betray. Your. Trust."

He says all of this in a mocking tone, like I'm a little baby who's too stupid to understand what he is saying. And with a fucking grin on his face.

"If you would've just listened to your little boyfriend, you could've stopped getting your family killed. You made the same mistake as 11 years ago."

My mother's death.

That stupid little witch.

"You know it was your fault. That she got killed. You could've done something. But your sorry ass just ran away. That's how you get people killed. They all die, because you," he stabs the gun against my head as I look up fuming at him, "are a scared little cat. Just look around Anna," He steps away and waves his arms around, pointing a finger at Alex. "You did this. This is your fault."

I shake my head at him, more tears rolling down my cheek. "No, no it isn't. It's your fault." I stab a finger against his chest. This motherfucker won't manipulate me. Not again. "You killed Sebastian! You-" My voice cracks and my I move my gaze to Alex, whom is desperately trying to be saved by Fernanda.

You hurt Alex...

"See Anna. You always try to deny it. Always just push away your deeds on someone else."

That fucking witch!

"Daishi, stop this madness! What the hell are you doing?!" Kiyo bumps in, interrupting Daishi's crazy set of mind train.

"Stop what Kiyo? Don't you realize I'm doing this all for you?"

"Doing what for me Daishi? Killing the ones I love?!" She starts to shout as her hands shake in anger.

From the side of my eye, I can see Lorenzo quietly helping Alex up and quickly bringing them somewhere into the other direction I came from, Sky barely holding up with their big steps.

I would let out a little snicker if we weren't in this situation right now.

"You didn't love him Kiyoko it was just a stupid crush! Admit it!" He looks like a maniac as he screams at his sister. I have never seen him like this. It's like all this time he was another person.

Was anything he ever did ever real?

"I'm just trying to protect you little sister can't you see it?" His sudden switch from screaming to being calm scares me even more scared of him.

It's like a stranger is standing in front of me.

"Protect me from what?! Because the only thing I should be protected from right now is you, Daishi!"

Daishi shakes his head, trying to put up a comforting smile, but the only thing it's doing is driving Kiyo even further away.

"Kiyo," His hands shake as he reaches out to brush a tear away of Kiyoko's face, but she only takes a step further from him. "I just don't want you to end up like okāsan and otōsan." [mum and dad]

I stare confused between those two's exchanges, while Kiyo's face morphs into one of shock, sadness, and realization.

"So that is why you tried to kill Anna. And just because you were already at it you pulled Ace into this bullshit." She declares in utter shock.

My frown only deepens.

What the fuck is going on?

A slightly furious Daishi turns to me. Looking me dead in the eye, he starts to explain, "Remember one of the biggest missions of your fathers'? The one at Yokohama Port? Two containers filled with explosive substance exploded. Your father almost died. On his mission to save exactly 654 hostages like the fucking hero that he was. And he did save them. Three hostages died as a bait. And two died because they were left behind."

"Daishi that's not true! They-"

"Shut up Kiyoko." He shoots a sharp look at Kiyoko. "Have you looked into those files from 2002?"

I silently nodding my head, finally putting the puzzles together.

That night, Takuya and Kana Youlan died.

Kiyoko's and Daishi's parents.

"So now you realize why I was trying to take you down and everything that you love? Because your father did the same to me. And now you," He raises the gun to my head, "His precious daughter," his finger slides to the trigger, "will pay."

He presses the trigger.

My ears start to ring from the loud shot.

I feel myself fall to the ground. Pain floods trough my body like electricity as I hear screams and commotion around me.

I don't even care that I got shot.

I let it happen. What do I still have to lose?

Sebastian is dead. My brother is dying. And one of who I thought was my best friend stabbed me from the back like it was nothing. Like we didn't share great memories together. Was it all just fake to him? All just a game?

But I was warned. Ace warned me. But how should I have known I could trust him?

I live in a fucked-up world. A world where people are like aggressive, opportunistic viruses. If your immune system is even slightly weakened, the virus will target you with an attempt to find a way in.

But now, my antibodies won't fight back. They have given up.

And so have I.

_______________________

only a few chapters left my love's:)) hope you enjoyed this chapter:33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 9.4K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: ⸻ 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴! ❝𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛...
132K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...
231K 3.6K 63
Being lied to and sold probably is not a good thing to most people. But for Camilla it was worst then death. To Luciano it was necessary. What happen...
7.4K 119 22
Y/n had a beautiful baby. It's been 3 years what has happened in three years? How's Michael doing? What's the babies name? Well come on in the advent...