WARGAMES, wednesday tv series

By svnsetjeon

WARGAMES | "a question that sometimes drives me hazy: am i or are the others crazy?" wednesday tv series sea... More

CAST + SUMMARY
SOUNDTRACK
PART ONE
2 - THE FRIENDLY GHOST
3 - REAL MONSTERS
4 - TEENAGE TEARAWAYS

1 - CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

253 7 0
By svnsetjeon

WARGAMES
CHAPTER ONE

THE VIEW FROM OPHELIA HALL WAS A PLEASANT ONE. Granted, the view from Seraphina Hall overlooked the mountains that Alora found most comforting. It was nice to know when she wanted to escape there was entire refuge on the other side of Jericho. However, although Ophelia Hall looked over the quad which should've been unsettling, Alora thought there was some type of advantage to seeing all of your enemies at close range.

Alora knew that moving to Ophelia Hall was a good thing, but she still felt the hollowness in her heart. She stood on the balcony above the quad, next to the gargoyles that guarded her room. Seeking an extra thrill, she stood on the edge of the handrail. Everyone saw her. They might have been alarmed if they didn't think she was more likely to rain hellfire over the school than jump off it.

Alora surveyed the quad of her old friends and foes. Bianca Barclay stood at the centre with her usual posse with the new addition of Mira Stoker. Alora tried not to let it sting her.

No one paid attention to her. She was the outcast of outcasts since the incident. Before people would tease and bully her, expecting a reaction, but now they gave up. They didn't care anymore. She spent most of her days watching her classmates from atop her balcony like a gargoyle herself.

From down below, Mira Stoker felt eyes on her, burning her skull with a fiery gaze. She lifted her head to where the gargoyles gathered. She was not shocked to find Alora Thorpe staring back at her. Mira gulped, swallowing her feelings, Alora tore her gaze before she could allow Mira's gaze to stab her heart anymore. Alora stepped down from the ledge, out of sight of Mira and other foes. Mira stared at the empty space for a moment longer in wake of Alora's departure. She hoped for a moment that she would return. When Alora never did, she turned back to her group of friends and laughed at whatever was said.

Alora left her room that she shared with her Gorgan roommate, Manwol. Manwol was only ever in their room to sleep, otherwise, she constantly avoided Alora. She tried to change rooms at the beginning of the semester when Alora moved in. Clearly, she failed, and Alora basically got their room to herself.

Alora jumped down the steps, allowing her chunky boots to sound big threatening thumps. Spreading a little terror around wouldn't hurt.

Whispers were shared as Alora Thorpe walked, and not in a good way anymore. Words such as murderer and psycho spread in her presence. She pushed them aside.

Alora stopped at the statue of Edgar Allen Poe that loomed over Nevermore. Alora stared into his stony eyes and wondered if he was ever misunderstood in this school or if he ruled it like Bianca Barclay. As she pondered her thoughts, a butterfly landed on her shoulder. One that was bright blue, practically neon, with iridescent shimmer beneath its wings. Alora had named it Cheshire.

Alora looked at her shoulder where Cheshire looked up at her. "Don't look at me like that." She told it. "My time for making friends is over."

Cheshire just kept staring. Alora craned her head as if she was speaking to her mother. "You can't say I didn't try."

"Freak." Someone sneered as they walked past her. The comment didn't faze Alora, she just looked at Cheshire as if to say, 'I told you so'. "See."

"Alora." The young brunette whipped her head around and Cheshire floated away. Behind her, her brother stood with his usual disapproving look and arms crossed over his chest. "Who are you talking to?"

Alora pointed at the statue. "Edgar."

"Edgar?"

"We're on a first name basis." Xavier was not impressed by his sister's answers.

Xavier sighed. He couldn't be bothered with this. "I saw Mira."

Alora didn't let it faze her. "Yeah, I saw her to. And Bianca, actually. Oh, and JD and Yoko but that happens when you're all trapped in one big hellhole together."

"Can you not be a psycho for one second?" Xavier snapped.

"If I did then who would let you be the perfect Thorpe child?" Alora cooed. Xavier tried his best not to lose his temper, but his sister knew the best ways to irritate him.

"Whatever." Xavier gave up. "Be alone then."

Alora watched her brother slump and walk away. Xavier would probably tell you that he approached his sister out of her best interest, but Alora knew that he just didn't want her ruining his image.

"That's what I was counting on." Alora replied to her brother although he had left. Cheshire returned to her shoulder. They both shared a look. Alora felt Cheshire shake its head in disapproval.

☆☆☆

The news all week was about the new student arriving on Monday. Alora didn't really care about new students. They would come in, find a group they belonged to and become mindless like everyone else. But when Wednesday Addams arrived, Alora was pleasantly surprised. As soon as the girl stepped on the lawn, rumours spread so far in Nevermore that even Alora heard them. She heard the story of Wednesday's attempted murder in her old school and was immediately impressed. Alora didn't exactly condone of murder, but it was nice to know there was an outcast that didn't give a crap.

Alora knew Wednesday from childhood events that their families forced each of them to attend. Especially after the funeral incident. Alora never thought her brother was stupider than when he decided to hide in their grandmother's coffin during hide and seek. If it wasn't for Wednesday, it would've been up to Alora to uphold the perfect Thorpe name. In that way, she was indebted to Wednesday.

Alora was in the quad for the first time in weeks. She thought about her normal perch on her balcony, but the quad was a better position to scope out the new student.

It wasn't hard to spot Wednesday Addams. She stuck out like a sore, dead thumb. Alora stood on the opposite side of the quad, leaning against a pillar with a lollipop between her lips.

Cheshire landed on her shoulder. "What do you think?" Cheshire answered. "I know I said I was done with friends, but Wednesday is more like an ally."

"What are you doing?" Xavier appeared again.

Alora sighed as she spun on her heel to look at her brother. "You always assume I'm doing something wrong."

Xavier crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm just not used to seeing you amongst civilization."

Alora turned back to face the direction of Wednesday. "I'm investigating the new outcast."

"Why do you care about Wednesday?" His tone was interrogative. He seemed more protective of Wednesday in this situation.

Alora shrugged. "I didn't say I cared." Xavier's eyes flickered between his sister and Wednesday. The last thing he wanted was for these two to become friends. "Afraid I'm going to tell her all your dark secrets?"

Xavier grimaced at his sister's taunting. "I'm not the one with dark secrets."

Alora's eyes glistened with mischief. "I'm sure I can think of something."

Xavier gave his sister a challenging look. This was usual for them. It was always one against the other. "I don't care what Wednesday thinks of me."

"Of course, you do." Alora beamed. They both looked at the young gothic girl. "She's different and that's exactly what intrigues you."

"You don't know anything, 'Lora." Xavier defended. A smile cracked on Alora's face. It was so obvious he was lying. She enjoyed watching him squirm.

"You're right." Xavier's eyebrows raised. It was not like Alora to admit that he was right. Normally she'd rather die than admit that she was wrong. "These are just the words of a crazy girl."

And there it was. Alora gave her brother a menacing smile before stepping out of his focus. Xavier's jaw tightened with irritation for his sister.

Alora skipped towards Wednesday Addams. Normally she wouldn't walk with so much glee but annoying her brother always gave her more pep in her step. Alora landed in front of Wednesday and the girl clearly did not enjoy her entrance. Alora stuck out her hand. "Alora Thorpe. You're Wednesday Addams."

Wednesday stared at the girl's hand. "I know who I am, and I know who you are. You killed that girl last year. Impressive."

Alora's hand tightened into an angry fist so tight that her nails pressed into her skin. The young girl that Alora recognised as Enid Sinclair, looked away from Alora as if she was afraid. Alora's jaw tightened but she didn't show any emotion. "I didn't kill her."

"Disappointing." Wednesday said flatly.

Alora lowered her eyes at the girl. She didn't expect to feel such negative emotions towards Wednesday. She thought they could be on the same side, but it was proving to be very difficult to make connections with a statue. "Well, I just wanted to welcome you to Nevermore. God knows no one else will. Some psychos have to stick together."

"Flattery will get you nowhere." Wednesday responded. "I can handle myself."

Alora's eyes shifted between the goth and the werewolf. Her body became slightly more rigid. "Fine. Suit yourself."

Alora turned and stomped away. Everyone turned away as if they weren't watching the whole interaction. Two of the biggest outcasts in the school interacting was the most interesting thing to happen in months. And now they would whisper that Alora even got rejected by the biggest outcast of them all which somehow made Alora the ultimate outcast.

Alora walked back into the school building that was practically empty. Everyone was outside getting their opinions on the Addams girl. Cheshire returned to Alora's shoulder. Alora walked to the library. She hated reading but she found that it was almost always empty no matter the time of day. Alora walked around the full shelves with Cheshire resting on her right shoulder. Her fingers traced the old books mindlessly as she hummed a song in her head.

"Are you, are you comin' to the tree? Where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three..." She sung in the empty halls.

Alora's song was stopped short as a book fell of the shelf and landed at her feet. The brunette peaked through the square hole in the shelf but there was no one there. Alora looked down at the book at her feet. Opened on a random page was Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu. Alora crossed her eyebrows. She looked around again, but no one took ownership for the book. She pushed the book back in its slot and continued to walk around the library, this time with more caution.

Alora could've put this little incident behind her if it stopped there. The lights went out next. Alora was beginning to get annoyed. "Ooh I'm terrified. Please don't kill me Mr Ghost, I want to be in the second season."

There was no response as Alora chuckled to herself. The lightbulb shattered, glass scattering over Alora's head. "That's it, Bianca. You can't scare me."

Bianca didn't reply. Another lightbulb exploded. Alora wasn't scared. She didn't get scared, but she definitely wanted to kill Bianca right now. Cheshire had completely disappeared now. Alora heard a woosh in her ears and then felt a hand on her throat.

Alora gasped as air evaded her. The hand tightened on her throat, but no one stood in front of her. Alora tried to claw at the hand but the only skin she felt was her own.

Her nails dug into her skin trying to free some air. Her nail beds became red with blood as she clawed as deep as a werewolf. The forced gave her neck one final, taunting squeeze and then let go. Alora released one big gasp as air returned to her lungs. Her eyes began to close. The ghost left her alone, passed out in her own blood.

☆☆☆

hello! welcome to my book that i probably shouldn't have published. u have no idea how excited i am for this book. this might be one of my best works that i have made. i've already written 3 chapters in a day so the inspiration is definitely flowing. i am exploring personality styles and relationships that i've never tried or done well before but i have faith in this book. i definitely want to carry this over a second season but i don't know how the second season will play out and i don't currently have another idea to carry over but hopefully i can figure it out. until then, i hope you enjoy and love this story as much as me. thank you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 1.8K 15
"Out of the billions of people in this world, I'm being married to a werewolf?" Wednesday threw daggers at her parents, physically and staringly. "Ye...
16.6K 464 8
"ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ 'ʟᴇᴄᴄʏ ᴍᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴜɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏ...
40.8K 909 23
ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴀꜱ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀꜱ ɪɴᴋ
2.6K 104 11
ᶜᵃⁿ ᵒᵖᵖᵒˢⁱᵗᵉˢ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵃᵗᵗʳᵃᶜᵗ? ᴼʳ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˢᶜⁱᵉⁿᶜᵉ? 𝔚𝔢𝔡𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔡𝔞𝔶 - 𝔰𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴏᴄ x xᴀᴠɪᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏʀᴘᴇ...