Star Wars Rebels: The Final F...

By AssassinNovice72

In the passing few years of the Rebels in their fight against the Empire, their final destination is not far... More

Chapter 1: Heroes of Mandalore Part 1
Chapter 2: Heroes of Mandalorian Part 2
Chapter 3: In the Name of the Rebellion Part 1
Chapter 4: In the Name of the Rebellion Part 2
Chapter 5: The Occupation
Chapter 6: Flight of The Defender
Chapter 7: Kindred
Chapter 9: Rebel Assault
Chapter 10: Jedi Night
Chapter 11: Dume
Chapter 12: Wolves and a Door
Chapter 13: A World Between Worlds
Chapter 14: A Fool's Hope
Chapter 15: A Family Reunion - and Farewell

Chapter 8: Crawler Commandeers

245 4 5
By AssassinNovice72

Within the safety of the mountain village, the rebels, with all the Lothal rebels set up camp as Sabine and Leo were working at the transmitter

Mako stood next to Ezra as Kanan walks up to them, "This transmitter is all we could scrounge up. What do you think?" Ezra asks as he looks at the Mandalorians.

Sabine shot a look at her, who shrugs at her, "Well, I can boost the power, but not enough to overcome the Empire's jamming signal. They're blocking all non-Imperial transmissions." she informs him.

Mako just sighs, "Something is better than nothing." she spoke and squats next to her, "Think you can get any signal to one of the Empire's sites?" she asks.

Leo pulls back and sighs, "We might be able to, but the chances of the Empire catching on is still a risk." he informs her, Leto huff plopping onto her shoulder. "We have to find a way to make contact with Hera," Kanan informs them.

"If she made it past the blockade," Ryder informs them, Mako stood and turns to him. "Hera made it, I know her, Ryder. She's one of the best pilots in the galaxy," she informs him.

Kanan grins at her then turns to Ryder. "And she'll convince rebel command to launch an attack. We need to be ready to help." he informs her, "And with my mother there, she can aid in the convincing." she spoke as she places her hand at her hip.

Ryder just looks between them. "Help? Look, I want to fight, but the Empire's got thousands of troops. We are hiding in a cave with no ships, no supplies, and a couple of blasters." he informs him.

"We've done a lot more with a lot less. There's a way, and we'll find it." Ezra informs him. Ryder just frowns as the transmitter began to change the pitch of the frequency.

Leto groans in annoyance, shaking his head at the sound. "What now?" Zeb questions as he steps next to Ryder. "I can't make contact outside the planet, but if Mako is right and we can tap into other signals, I'm picking up something transmitting nearby," she informs them, turning the nob.

"How close?" Kanan asks. "Close enough to take a look," she answers with a smile. Leo stood up and shot a grin at Mako. "Better check it out," Ryder spoke as the Ghost rebels stepped away from the transmitter.

~8~8~8~

The Speeder drove out to where Sabine got the signal location and hurried towards the darkening sky.

They stop the speeder and get out, hurried towards the boulder as they saw an Empire construction ship, burning away the grass. They quickly lay down to stay hidden.

"There. It's an ore crawler." Ryder informs them. Sabine pulls down her antenna as she gets a better look. "I think I saw some of those burning through the grasslands up north," Ezra spoke up.

"Yeah. They strip rake the surface for raw materials to feed the Imperial factory." Ryder informs them. Leo pulls his antenna back up, looking at Mako as she was glaring at the ore crawler. "And they've burned all the way down here? That's halfway across the planet." Ezra informs them.

Leto just growls as he disliked the crawler very much. "Yeah, but that might be just what we need." Zeb points out as Sabine looks up at the top of the crawler. "You might be more right than you know, Zeb," she spoke.

Then pats Leo's shoulder "Up top." she informs him and Leo pulls down his antenna, looking at top of the crawler. "Is that what I think it is?" he asks. Sabine chuckles "That crawler is equipped with a long-range communications array." Sabine informs him.

"One that can reach Hera?" Ezra asks as Sabine pulls back her antenna. "I'm almost sure of it," she informs him. Leo pulls his back and places his hand on Mako's shoulder, snapping her from her glare. "We'll stop them," he assures her.

Mako took a breath, nodding at him, and looks back at the crawler. "So, what's the plan to commandeer the crawler?" she asks, looking at the others. They all shared a look and grin.

~8~8~8~

fighters were coming in, landing in front of the temple base on Yavin 4. Hera and Chopper stood with the leader of the Rebellion as they were going over the TIE Defender Elite records.

"Based upon data provided by Captain Syndulla, the TIE defender Elite possesses speed, weapons, and shields superior to any fighter in our fleet," Dodonna informs them.

"Can we destroy it?" Mon Mothma asks him. Amelia flicks her eyes to Dodonna. "In single ship-to-ship combat, unlikely. Our analysts have yet to find a weakness in its design," he informs them, rubbing his chin.

Hera just frowns, "If we can't find a way to fight this thing, we must prevent it from being mass-produced. I request permission to lead an attack squadron back to Lothal to destroy that factory." she informs them.

"I second Captain Syndulla's proposal," Amelia spoke up. Hera looks at her and bows her head. "Considering the Empire's defenses and our limited attack capability, I am not sure now is the right time," Organa spoke up.

"Then when will it be the right time? When the Empire has taken control of the entire galaxy?" Amelia snaps, leaning her hands against the table.

The others looked at her, "I am not going to sit here and wait while the Empire creates more weapons of destruction, it's bad enough that this planet killer is in the makes. If we can stop one weapon of destruction from being made, the time to act is now." she spoke aloud, slamming her hand on the table.

"Councilor Okata is right. We can't afford to wait. I have a group standing by on the ground ready to aid in any mission." Hera informs them. "What about the blockade and Admiral Thrawn?" Organa asks her. This gets the others' attention as they ponder over the situation. "Your evidence is persuasive, Captain. But we'll need time to discuss further action." Mon Mothma informs her.

Hera turns and frowns at her, pressing her hands to her hips. "Perhaps you should wait outside," she informs her. Chopper just groans as he pulls away, Hera took one last look at Mon Mothma as she steps after her droid.

Amelia sighs as she was at her tipping point and follows Hera. "Councilor Otaka, where are you going?" Organa calls out. "Far away from you," she answers as she marches. "But we'll need you here to discuss--" Mon Mothma spoke up.

But she turns as her eyes were glaring at them, "If I remain, I will speak every hurtful and cruel word. Besides, I need fresh air. The air in here has gone stall." she spoke.

Turning away as she marches out of the room. No one stops her as she was out of the room. Mon Mothma sighs as she turns to the plans before she and the others joined in.

~8~8~8~

The Crawler burns away the grass of the valley, gathering the minerals needed for the factory.

The speeder flew in, onto the burned grasslands and up behind the crawler. Leto coughs at the smoke in the air were... choking. Mako pulls him in close as she covers his mouth from the smoke. "Sabine, Leo. You're up." Kanan calls out.

The Mandalorians fired their jetpacks and flew up toward the crawler. Thanks to the safety of their helms, they pass through the smoke with ease.

But hidden on the side of the crawler as they look onto the catwalk. "I've got movement," Sabine spoke up. Leo took a good lock from above Sabine "Yep, Mining Guild security droid." she spoke out.

She taps Leo's leg, he nods at her and they both flew down onto the catwalk. Staying quiet as they landed, Sabine sneaks up to the droid, arming her electric shots, both pressed their back to the wall.

Leo looks down the other way, seeing no one then nods at her, "Go." he whispers. She nods and steps out behind the droid, firing at it, the droid stiffens from the shots, then powers down.

They both ran to the droid, caught it, then pulls it towards the side of the ramp and shoves it off the side.

The speeder flew past the falling droid as Ryder pulls up to the catwalk, allowing the Ghost rebels to quickly jump into the rails and pull onto the catwalk. "Stay with Ryder, Leto. This air is too much for you," she informs the reptile.

Who just frowns at her and jumps down into the air. A droid steps out doing its patrols, but Leo immediately pulls out a blaster and fired right at the droid, nailing it in the head and it collapses onto the ground. Powered down.

Sabine looks at him as Leo turns to the powered-down droid. Both took to the air and flew up. The rebels ran towards the ladder and climb it. Sabine lands on top of the ladder as Leo drops onto one of the caged covers of the ladder. "Any?" Zeb asks him, Leo turns slightly to him, "So far so good." he answers then flew up towards Sabine.

They make their way to the front door, pressing their backs against the wall. Ezra steps in front, his blaster ready as the others followed suit.

The controls were empty of personnel, but they spotted a worker, Seevor, leaning back in his chair as he had headphones on. The rebels slowly step up toward him from behind.

It was completely in tune with the music, as Zeb and Ezra just grin and the Lasat leans in and lifts one of the headphones. "I like that song," he whispers to him.

Seevor just blinks his eyes open as Zeb grabs hold of him and held him in front of Ezra, "Hello, there." he said with a smile. Seevor just hisses at him. "Pirate scum." Seevor hisses at him.

Leo ponders for a moment then leans in close to Mako, "I've been called a lot of things, Pirate scum is a first." he whispers, making her giggle in her hand.

Then Seevor just presses the wrist comm on his arm and the alarms, causing the crawler to stop and set down. "Sabine, Leo, shut off the alarm." Kanan orders, and the two Mandalorians to get to work.

Seevor struggles in Zeb's grip, then elbows him right in the gut, landing on his feet and crawls into Zeb, "Get off." he growls, trying to reach for the slippery guy.

But he jumps off Zeb and right to make a run for it, then two fists meet his face, forcing him to smack onto the ground as Ezra and Mako stood over him. "Stick around, Captain." Ezra orders as Mako picks him up and handed him back to Zeb, who held him tighter.

"Here!" Leo shouts as he presses a button, stopping the alarms. "The wristband. Get the wristband." Mako orders as she held onto his wrist. Ezra grabs hold of the device, pulls it off the band, drops it to the ground, and smashes it under his boot. "Do you have any idea who you're messing with?" Seevor questions them.

"The Mining Guild, we know," Ezra informs him, as they all were looking at him.

"Guild control to Crawler 413-24. You've activated your distress beacon and ceased output."

The intercom activates as Seevor was smirking at them, and Ezra exchanges a look with the Mandalorians.

"Is there a problem? Do you copy? Over?"

"Ha! You're done, thieving scoundrels!" he laughs, Mako just frowns at him. "Let me hit him." she growls, pounding her fist into her hand, but Leo grips her arm "No, no, no. cyar'ika, he's not worth it," he assures her, gripping both arms and pulling her back.

Sabine ran up to the control panel as Seevor just pounds his fist into Zeb's arm as the Lasat covers his mouth. Shutting him up.

"Guild control to Crawler 413-24. respond immediately."

Seevor removes Zeb's hand "Yes, respond." he taunts her as Zeb quickly covers his mouth. "I'mma hit him," Mako growls as she marches at him.

But Leo just pulls her back, wrapping his arms around her, "We better come up with something." she warns the others. Kanan turns to his student "Ezra, this one's all you." he informs him.

Rubbing his fingers to his throat and sighing, Ezra walks up to the control panel. "Be my guest." Sabine gestures with her arms, stepping back.

Ezra presses his fingers to his throat and answers, "Sorry. The crawler has malfunctioned." he answers with a hiss. Seevor just gasp as he was offended. "Is that what I sound like?" he questions and Zeb quickly covers his mouth.

The others just sigh, Mako face-palms as Leo drops his head on her shoulder and Ezra quickly looks back at the panel.

"Is this operator 94-34? you sound different?"

"Uh, I'm sick." Ezra quickly answers as Seevor rips Zeb's hand away, "Pirates! Help!" he calls out. Mako shot a glare at him and immediately right-hooks him across the face.

"Crawler 413-24, repeat."

Ezra snaps his eyes back to the panel. "Sorry. Engine flare. Part of the malfunction. We're fixing it." he quickly answers.

Leo just sighs as Zeb looks at the unconscious lizard in his arms, "Did you have to knock him out?" he whispers to her, she just looks at him and shrugs.

"We are sending a technical crew to assist. Stand by."

Ezra immediately panics, "Uh, negative, control. We can make the repairs ourselves. Do you copy? Over." he quickly responds.

No response as Ezra ten sighs and turns to them, letting his throat go, "Uh, that could've gone better." he informs them, walking down to the rebels. "I thought that was pretty good," Zeb informs him,

"Just make sure the captain stays quiet, and let's get to work. We don't have much time" Kanan informs him, Leo crosses his arms, "Would it make it better or worse to inform him that we're rebels and not pirates?" he wonders aloud.

Mako ponders for a moment. "Honestly, I don't think it matters, we're commandeering the crawler." she informs him, shooting his eyes up in surprise as he nods, "True." he agrees.

He and Sabine remove their helms as Sabine sat in front of the unit. "Well, this comm unit's older than I thought. May take a while to boost this thing's power enough to beam out a long-range transmission," she informs Kanan.

"Leo, think you can quicken that time?" the blink Jedi asks, Leo pulls away, steps to Sabine, and kneels in front of the panel. "I can rewire the power, strengthening the signal, but it will take some time," he informs him, but as he removes the panel, he saw one of the wires was sending a signal. "

Sabine, are you seeing anything up there?" he calls out, she toggles a few switches and sees the blinking. "Yeah, that's weird. Someone activated the inter-vehicle comm. There's a signal coming from the rear section of the crawler." she informs them.

Mako and Ezra walk up to them, leaning against the chair and counsel as the others join them. "Someone on this ship that may need some help?" Mako asks, Leo shrugs at her, "Maybe what drew us here in the first place." he states as he kept checking wires.

Kanan steps forward "Zeb and I will check it out. As soon as Sabine and Leo get that comm working, contact Hera. And watch him." he orders, pointing at the pass-out captain in Zeb's arms as the Lasat drops him.

"I can always knock him out again?" Mako points out as the two adults left the room, "Again, is that necessary?" Leo questions her, she shrugs at him as Ezra walks up to the captain on the floor.

~8~8~8~

Zeb and Kanan walk along the catwalk, heading toward the rear of the ship. Kanan opens the door, stepping inside as they were in one of the engine rooms.

They step towards the edge of the railing, looking down at the engine, "Nothing here by a big headache." Zeb spoke. But Kanan turns his head around the room, almost searching for something.

"That signal came from somewhere. Take a look around up here. I'll check out below." Kanan orders him. Then steps onto the railing and drops down into the engine below. His hand to his blaster, gripping it tightly as he steps forward.

But the people in the shadows, stay out of his way as they were armed... with tools. But the sound of footfalls caught Kanan's attention as he turns his head.

The men in the shadows just look at him before slinging back. "Please don't hurt us," he begs as he cowers behind the engine. The voice confirms their presence as Kanan shot his head up in realization. "Slaves?" he mutters and lets his blaster go.

"It's all right. I'm not with the Mining Guild. You're safe." he calls out to them in assurance. Exhaling with relief the workers step out as they drop their tools.

But one was shoved out of the way, "Finally! My friends have come to recuse me!" one shouts at the top of his lungs with dramatic postures.

Kanan immediately recognizes the voice, "Vizago?" he calls out as the smuggler slash pirate places his hand on the Jedi's shoulder. "I told the others how the Empire banished me to this monstrosity for helping you rebels." he taps Kanan in the chest with his finger. "But I knew you would not leave me here to rot." he went on.

The Jedi inhales through his teeth, completely flabbergasted that their smuggling friend slash pirate was even there. But he just went along with it, holding a smile. "Right! Right," he spoke, sounding convincing.

Vizago just laughs to himself, "I told them the foreman would be no match for a Jedi." he went on, bragging.

Faint growl echos behind him, "Foremen?" he asks, one of the lizardfolk activates his electric whip, cracking it at the ground. Then twirls it at Kanan.

Who ignites his saber and catches the whip. "Let's hope you're right," he grumbles as his saber was pulled from his hands.

His saber clatters onto the ground and the whip was wrapped around him, the foreman activates the whip, electrocuting Kanan, who cries out in pain and collapses onto the ground.

But a shot was fired between them, drawing the foreman's attention to the level above them, "Drop the whip and step away from my friend, you knuckle-brained lizard." Zeb growls at him.

But the foreman shot his whip at the railing above him, pulling himself up onto the level. Zeb fires as the foreman ran along the catwalk, dodging the shots and jumping at Zeb, nailing him.

But Zeb catches his footing and they both were held in a headlock, both growling at one another.

~8~8~8~

"Is that thing working yet?" Ezra asks as he and Mako were working at the panel, and Sabine and Leo were working on the communication unit. "I've made the modifications, but I need to encrypt our message so that the Empire doesn't trace the signal back to rebel command," Sabine informs him.

But unaware to them, the captain was awake and pushing himself up, shaking off the shock of the punch. Then he looks at the pirates, glaring at them, "Get off my bridge." he orders.

The rebels stop what they were doing and look back at him, "I'll have you crushed into extraction waste!" he snaps, standing to his feet. Leo just watches his brow at him. "Are all lizard people this angry, or is it just him?" he questions.

Sabine just frowns at him, Leo shrugs at her, "Can't you keep him quiet?" she questions looking at the two. Ezra and Mako's exchange looks. "Ain't nothing gonna shut me up!" Seevor snaps.

Mako glares at him, but Ezra beats her to it as he strides towards him and grips the back of Seevor's jumper suit "Hey!" he shouts, reaching for Ezra's arm as he was dragged towards the compartment on the side, "You can't put me in there. I know people!" he warns the young Jedi, who opens the compartment and just looks at him.

"Yeah, well, if you any of your people in there, tell them I said hello," he informs, chucking the captain inside the compartment and closing the door on him.

Seevor just bangs his fists on the door and chuckles to himself. "You got a big surprise coming." he warns, Mako and Leo shot their brows "That didn't sound ominous at all." Mako spoke aloud as Ezra joins her side, "Maybe you should check on Kanan and Zeb?" Sabine informs them. But Ezra just grins at her, "I'm sure they're fine."

~8~8~8~

Zeb stumbles back from the punch across the face, he catches himself and swung his bo-staff at the foreman. Be the catches the bo-staff, ripping it out of Zeb's hands and tosses it to the side.

But Zeb rams right into him, taking their fight outside onto the catwalk. The foreman presses his feet to the ground, stopping them then slams his elbow eight into Zeb's back, twice, knocking his grip loose, then he grips the Lasat, lifting him into the air, and reels back, both slamming onto the catwalk.

Zeb groans as the foreman roll over and raises his fist at Zeb, who immediately notices and rolls out of the way as the first was brought down.

He pulls himself back up and punches the foreman back, but he pulls his feet up and kicks Zeb in the face, knocking him back. He stood up and went to grab Zeb, he slams a punch at him as he stood up, but the Foreman nails him right in the gut, then grabs hold of him and slams him into the bar, twice in the head.

The Foreman then thrust him over the edge, but Zeb stops himself, pressing his hand at the edge of the catwalk, keeping himself from falling off.

He growls and then kicks his feet right at the foreman's face, making him lose grip on him. Then Zeb grips hold of his head, who struggles for a moment, but then was thrown over the side of the catwalk.

Zeb grips hold of the rails, exhaling for a moment, but his face was met with a fist, snapping his eyes open and he saw the Foreman hanging onto the railing of the catwalk.

They both get into it, kicking at each other, growling and snarling at one another as they both were hanging onto the railings.

Kanan ran out onto the catwalk, trying to sense any trace of Zeb, "Kanan, up here!" he calls out, Kanan turns his head up to the catwalk above him, sensing his friend as he was in trouble.

He quickly steps back, "I'm coming, Zeb. Hang on!" he calls out and hurried back to the rear of the ship.

The Foreman swung at Zeb, who dodges as he reels his legs right to his chest and pushes the foreman back, he grips onto the beams underneath the catwalk, seeing hr was too far away, he pulls out his handle, activating his electric whip.

He cracks it at Zeb, and he cries out, losing his grip in one hand, the foreman took his chance and cracks his whip once more, catching Zeb by his arm, and he activates the current, making him cry out in pain.

But he held his grip tight as he pulls his arm closer to him and with a tug, he jerks the foreman forward, slamming him into the pipe and he cries out as he went falling.

But was stopped short, due to the electric whip that was still wrapped around Zeb's forearm. He strains under the weight, looking up as his hand was slipping.

He looks down at the foreman, seeing he was struggling to hang on and handle, be his grip slips and he went falling into the ash smoke, his screaming dies out as he vanishes.

Zeb exhales as he tries to pull himself back up, but as soon as he lost his grip, a hand shot out, gripping onto his wrist. Zeb looks up and saw Kanan hanging on with all his might, "You're... really... really... heavy." he croaks out, pulling him back to the catwalk.

Zeb grips the side of the catwalk and pulls himself onto the rails and places his hand on Kanan's shoulder. But cheering below catches their attention as Zeb looks down, seeing the workers applauding them. "You see that? Those are my friends?" Vizago informs them with a proud smile.

~8~8~8~

Hera paces back and forth, hands at her hips as Chopper just watches her and Amelia leans back against the arch with her arms crossed. "You know, you keep pacing like that you can actually make a path." she shot out.

Hera shot a glance at her, "How are you not upset over there?" she questions Amelia just smiles. "Oh, don't worry. I am. I'm just really good at masking it and finishing a way to vent that anger." she answers.

Hera stops and looks at her, "And how do you vent it?" she asks, Amelia pushes herself off the arch and uncrosses her arms, "A blaster in hand and target practice." she answers.

Hera cracks a grin, but the door opens as Mon Mothma steps out and they both step up to her. "Still no decision." she answers, Hera sighs as she looks away, "They don't trust me," she mutters.

Amelia looks at her, placing her hand on her shoulder, "It's not that. The TIE defender isn't our only problem. The Empire has some new plan, as evidenced by Protocol 13." Mon Mothma informs them.

Amelia perks up, "Protocol 13?" she questions, Hera looks at her, "You know it?" she asks, Amelia just nods at her, "I have heard of it before, when all Imperial personal is to evacuate from an occupied planet." she informs her.

Hera looks back at Mon Mothma "An order like that should only conform our worse fears. And we're too afraid to do anything about it." she grumbles, looking away. An idea hits Amelia as she steps closer to Hera, "Then maybe, we need a certain... spark to light away those fears." she informs her.

Hera looks at her, noticing the look in her eyes, she nods and marches back into the room. Chopper grumbled as he and Amelia followed her in.

Organa notices her marching up to the war table. "Captain Syndulla, this is a closed-door..." he starts, but Amelia joins her, "It's all right, Bail. She has my authorization to be here," she assures him, holding her hand out, stopping him.

She looks at Hera and nods at her, the captain smiles and looks at the others, "I know the odds are against this attack's success. But if that fighter goes into production, our squadrons will not stand a chance." she informs them. Erskin and Dodonna exchange looks.

"I believe it's a risk worth taking. And whether we fail or succeed, at least our actions will show the Empire and the galaxy that we will not stand down, that we will not be broken by fear, that we are strong, united by our courage." she went on.

The others ponder them through as her words to them were... inspiring. Amelia just smiles to herself. Hera stood tall and proud. "Now is the time to strike."

~8~8~8~

Zeb and Kanan walk towards the workers as Vizago held his arms out and hugs him. Then Ezra and Mako join them. "What is this?" Ezra asks.

Vizago turns to him, a bright smile on his face, "Freedom!" he shouts, his arms held out, and both Jedi just look at him in surprise. "Vizago? I don't believe it." Ezra said in surprise.

The pirate just looked hurt. "What? Oh! Now I see. You did not come here to recuse me. Betrayed! Oh, I knew I shouldn't have given you up!" he shouts, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, well, we're here now." Kanan informs him, Ezra nods at him, "And we are rescuing you." he informs him then Mako steps out, "Plus, if it wasn't for your distress call, we wouldn't have come here in the first place. Making you a hero." she informs him.

Vizago perks up at her words, "Me? Hero?" he asks, she smiles, holding his head at her, he then rubs his chin. "I like the sound of that," he mutters with a grin.

But Ezra's comm went off, "Guys, get up here." she orders. And without hesitation, they all ran back to the front of the ship. Leo looks at them as he had his helm on "So you want the bad news now or the worse news?" Leo questions them.

Sabine pulls away from her binoculars, "I've got two targets closing fast." she warns them and looks through the binoculars, zooming in on them. "Those aren't Mining Guild vehicles," she informs them as Leo pulls up his antenna.

"They're Empire," he warns, both Ezra and Mako frown deeply at the most obvious villain for destroying their home.

Zeb steps up next to Leo and crosses his arms, "It's not too late to abandon ship." he informs him, Leo right hooks his shoulder. "OW! What was that for?!" he snaps, holding his arm. "Have you forgotten why we came here in the first place?" Leo questions him.

Sabine lowers her binoculars, "He's right. We still need to contact Hera." she informs him. "This crawler is valuable. It has long-range

communication, and we can use it for our attack." Ezra informs them as Mako nods her head in agreement.

Zeb pressed his hand at his hip, "Right now, it's unarmed. No match for those gunships." he points out. "Not to mention, currently commandeered by five rebels wanted by the Empire," Leo informs them, pointing at the rebels in the room.

"Mining Guild Vessel, transmit security codes now."

The trooper orders over the comms, and the rebel exchanged worried looks around the room. "Okay, this is getting worse. Ideas?" Mako asks as she looks at the others. "I think we can hold it without a fight," Ezra suggests.

"If you've got a plan, now's the time." Kanan informs him, and Ezra nods at him, "Zeb, get the slaves on deck. Show the Empire everything is under control." he informs, walking up to the lasat.

"Me, a slave master?" he questions, Leo just looks at him, dropping his hands, "Is now really the time to complain?" he questions him. Zeb frowns at him. "Just put the helmet on." Ezra orders.

Zeb just looks down at the helmet, and sighs as he picks it up, "All right. I guess." he mutters. Looking up at the helm on his head, then walks back to the others, "Vizago, into the Captain's chair." Ezra orders.

Vizago did so as he stridden towards the chair, then banging sounds from the compartment on the side, "Stay out of my chair!" Seevor shouts.

Leo marches over and bangs his fist at the door, "Pipe down! Imperial sellout." he mutters and marches away. Vizago sat in the chair, "By the moons of Gozgo, I hope this works." he mutters to himself.

Mako walks over and places her hand on his shoulder, "You can do this Vizago, I have faith in you." she assures him. He just smiles at her, thanking her for the confidence boost.

"Repeat, transmit security codes, or we will open fire."

The trooper orders again. "Uh, this is the captain. Uh, 93-34. How may I help you?" he answers him, and Mako pulls away.

"The Mining Guild reported a security alert for this vessel."

The trooper answers, Sabine looks to Ezra, "Hey, you sure Vizago won't turn us in to save himself?" she questions. Ezra shrugs at her. "Too late now," he answers her.

"We're having a maintenance issue and lost our security codes, but everything is under control." he assures the trooper, but banging echos off the door, "Kick the bums out!" Seevor shouts.

Vizago shot a look over at Zeb and shrugged at him, "Scoundrels, all of them!" Seevor cries out, Mako face-palms as Leo just sighs in annoyance. "I see now why you punched him," he whispers to her. She sighs again.

Zeb looks to Mako, offering a chance, but she shook her head, making him grin and look at the compartment Vizago rubs his brow as Zeb marches towards the room.

"Repeat that, captain."

The trooper questions as the door open and Zeb steps into the room with Seevor and raises his fist, the door immediately closes behind him. "I was yelling at my slaves! They were being insolent!" he shouts at the comm.

The door opens as Zeb steps out as the door closes behind him.

"Prepare to be boarded."

The trooper informs him, alerting Vizago as he snaps his eyes back at the panel. "No, no, no, no, no, that is not necessary. I am trying to run an operation here," he informs the trooper.

But it was ignored as the drop ship flew over and lands atop the crawler the workers step to the side as Zeb and Vizago stepped outside the bridge. "What are you looking at? Keep working." Zeb orders them, the workers ran off to the side.

As Zeb looks at the troopers and smiles "Hehe... You can't get good help these days." he informs the trooper as they march towards the bridge.

"Squad 2, sweep the lower decks. The rest of you, with me." the captain orders them. The trooper march down to the lower decks as captain, followed by others marching towards the bridge.

Vizago stood in their way as he steps back into the bridge, "I told you everything was under control. I'll have to report this intrusion to the Mining Guild." he informs, crossing his arms.

The captain just looks at him, "Step aside, captain." he orders and shoves past Vizago. "All right, let me show you our output data logs," he spoke, stepping back towards the chair.

"They aren't as nearly as boring as you would think," he informs him as he toggles the switches and the captain joins him, peeking from the hiding spot, the rebels just watch them. "All we need is that lizard to start flapping his mouth again," Ezra informs them.

"Problem is, getting him to sing to our tone won't be easy," Mako warns as the quietly closes the door. The captain looks back at the compartment in the back and walks towards it.

Vizago immediately hurried after him, "There is nothing in there!" he tries to stop him. The captain turns and aims his blaster at him. "Get back," he orders.

Vizago stops and held up his hands, "Oh, but please, see for yourself." he said with a smile. The captain turns back and presses the button.

Ezra readies his saber as the door opens and the captain looks inside, Vizago blinks in shock as he looks around the room. "Gone." he mutters, then notices the trooper look at him, "I mean, see? Nothing there," he informs him.

From the other side of the room, Ezra and Mako peek out, seeing the troopers standing in front of the compartment were they stuffed Seevor.

They both quickly pull back into the compartment as the trooper looks back at the closed door, but shakes it off. "If you would like a full inspection, I can give you one. It shouldn't take longer than a couple of hours." Vizago informs the trooper, who just pulls away.

"You may have that kind of time, but we do not. Now get this crawler operational," he orders him, Vizago claps his hands together. "Of course, I was just going to do that," he assures him.

The captain pulls his wrist comm up, "Squad, move out." he orders as he and the trooper march out with Vizago stopping at the door, "Don't worry. We'll be crawling in no time." he assures, waving goodbye.

The drop ships fire up, lifting off the crawler and take off, Zeb and the worker join them back on the bridge. "Nice work, Vizago. You haven't lost your game." Ezra congrats him as he leans back against the wall, crossing his arms.

The pirate just smiles at him, "As Mother said, Once a scoundrel, always a scoundrel. But we have a problem. Where's captain 93-94?" he informs them as Kanan inspects the compartment.

"He got loose." he answers, dropping the panel onto the ground, "Huh, Deja vu," Leo mutters.

Mako blinks and looks at him "Guys, I think I've got it." Sabine calls out. "Transmitting to Hera now," she orders and opens a line, but it immediately short-circuits. "That doesn't sound good," Kanan calls out.

"Transmitters lost power?" Sabine snaps, banging her fist at the panel. "Why don't I like this?" Mako questions as she looks at Leo.

"I told you not to mess with me."

Seevor calls out over the comms. They all exchanged looks as they realize he was in the vital part of the crawler.

"You may have duped those Imperial suckers, but you won't fool the Mining Guild."

"That's why I don't like this." Mako points at the ceiling, as Leo places his hands on his hips, "You know, we should have tied him up and stuffed his reptile mouth." he growls.

"That sneaky little lizard," Zeb growls as Ezra looks back at the panel. "How did he get a commlink?" he questions. "He's on the crawler's intercom, and he's sabotaging power to the long-range transmitter," she informs them.

"Patch me through to the Empire, or I will destroy this crawler, you pirate scum!"

He warns them, as Ezra steps forward. "We are not pirates. Haven't you figured that out yet?" Zeb argues. Mako just looks at him "I don't think it matters at this point. If we path him through to the Empire, we're dead. If we don't do as he says, we're dead." Mako sums up.

Then clutches her fingers, "Oh, I'm gonna kill him." she growls, but Leo catches her shoulders, "Nope. Nope. No going dark on this one, cyar'ika." he informs her.

Ezra walks towards the compartment where Seevor was placed and stood in front of the vent. "We've got to find him before he sabotages this whole thing," Kanan warns him as Zeb joins them.

"He's in the ventilation shaft. He could be anywhere in there." Zeb warns them, "His target will be the main reactor core in the refinery." Sabine warns them.

Kanan just sighs, "Come on." he orders as he and Zeb ran out of the bridge. Jumping down and landing on the catwalk, running up to the door, and pressing their hands against it.

The door did not respond, just remain shut tight. Kanan turns away in frustration, Zeb just growls as he bangs his fist once more before he turns away, "We can't get in. He's locked the refinery doors." Zeb grumbles as he presses his hands to his hips. "And I can't cut through either, they're magnetically sealed," Kanan informs the others through the commlink.

Sabine toggles away at the buttons as Leo joins hers, "Well, then we need someone capable of navigating those ventilation shafts." she points out, looking over at Leo.

He locks eyes with her for a moment. Catches on and looks at Mako as Sabine looks over at Ezra. They looked at them for a moment then catches on. "Oh, no, no, no. I am not going in there." Ezra snaps as Mako held a marveled shock. "You can't be serious." she points out.

"It's a ventilation shaft. It's what you do." She informs them, Leo peeks at the shaft and back to Mako. "I can't fit through there like I used to. I have much more muscle than the last time I crawled through a vent shaft," she informs her. Leo walks up and looks at her arm. "She's right. More muscle," he spoke, showing her arm.

Sabine just sighs as she looks over at Ezra, "If Vizago can fool Empire, Jedi can climb into the shaft." Vizago states as he places his hand on Ezra's shoulder, who just frowns at him.

Pulling into the vent, Ezra began to climb through the shaft, coughing as the smoke clouded his vision. "I don't do this anymore." he grumbles to himself, as he continued through the shaft "Make a left at the next junction," Sabine informs him.

Ezra pulls himself through the vent with a grunt but went stumbling down the shaft, smacking the bottom with a loud thud. "Ezra, hurry! We can't let him destroy the reactor." Kanan informs him.

Ezra presses his hand to his forehead momentarily, then tries to move his body, "Ezra? Ezra, are you there? What do you see?" Sabine calls out. He shifts his body and began to move, "Kid's probably taking a nap." Zeb points out. "You wanna crawl through the shaft, Zeb?" Mako questions him.

Shoving through the vent, Ezra busts through into the refinery, climbs out, and drops into the catwalk, keeping an eye on his surroundings, "I'm here. Oh, he shut down the reactors, all right." he informs the others.

"Okay, to turn them back on, find the primary power console. It should be across from the furnace." Sabine informs him as he makes his way to the console. "But be careful, Ezra. 93-94 is still in there, and he's a slippery one." Leo warns him.

With his lightsaber in hand, Ezra looks at the furnace in front of the console as he stood next to it, "Found it." he answers and got to work. But Seevor sneaks up behind the Jedi.

Ezra's eyes flick to the corner, ignites his saber, and swing as he twists, Seevor ducks and jumps back. "This is my crawler, rebel. I work for the Guild, just as he who spawned me and as my spawn will after me." he declares to him.

He charges as Ezra swung at him again, losing Seevor in the smoke, but he held his saber ready for anything. But once again, Seevor sneaks up behind Ezra, who looks out the corner of his eyes and ducks from Seevor leaping at him and landing in front of the console.

He charges against and jumps onto Ezra's back, holding on tight as he beats his fist into Ezra's head. The Jedi struggles as he lost his grip on his saber, dropping it.

But Ezra swings his elbow and slams it into Seevor's face, throwing him off as the Jedi and lizard stumble away from one another, Ezra bumps into the railing as Seevor fell against the furnace, then quickly pulls away with 'Whoa!'

Ezra flicks his eyes down at the saber at Seevor's feet. The captain turns back, but his foot catches on the saber, losing his footing as he screams, falling back into the furnace.

Ezra just grins to himself, "Watch out." he spoke then looks at his saber as it gingerly rolls to his feet. He picks it up, smiling at his weapon then rubs the back of his neck, looking at the furnace.

~8~8~8~

The speeder returns to the Crawler, Leto stood on Ryder's shoulder as he enjoys the feel of the wind on his face.

Ryder marches up the steps, where the rebels were awaiting him, "We made a believer out of you yet, Ryder?" Kanan asks him, he just smiles as he places his hand on the Jedi's shoulder, "You're getting there, Kanan." he assures him.

Mako chuckles as Leto smiles at her, then jumps down and ran to her, she kneels and held her hands out to him, "Hello, did you have fun?" she asks, standing to her feet and placing Leto on her shoulder.

He just chatters and nuzzles against her, then Kanan's comm chimes, "Well, I beamed our signal to rebel command, and thanks to Leo's wiring skills, it's twice as strong." Sabine informs him.

"You're welcome." Leo calls out as Kanan pulls out his comm, "Now we just have to wait for a reply." Sabine threw in. Zeb crosses his arms, "Guess this crawler belongs to us. Maybe we are pirates after all" he states.

Mako smiles as she places her hand at her hip, Ezra just looks out at the grasslands as most of it was spared from the death the Crawler would have done. "At least these plains have been spared. For now," he spoke, Mako walks up and places her hand on his shoulder.

He smiles at her as Vizago walks up to them, "That is not all you spared. I know you did not come here to recuse Vizago, but I am grateful all the same." he informs them.

Ezra places his hand on his shoulder, "And we're grateful to you, Vizago, for not turning us in." he tells him as Mako looks at the workers, "You're free now, to live your lives as you see fit." Mako informs them as she folds her hands at her back.

"But we could use your help to fight the Empire on Lothal." Ezra informs them, "Yes, W-W-W-We will." one stammers as the others were in agreement. "We will fight the big purple beast." they cheered.

Mako just smiles at them, "As for this vessel, it is obviously in need of a new captain." Vizago points out, Mako looks at him, "And seeing how the old captain is currently indisposed of..." she points out, Ezra nudges his elbow at Vizago, "I think I know just the pirate for the job." he points out. Vizago just laughs at the two of them, "We're receiving a transmission." Sabine calls out.

The others hurried into the bridge as Sabine was toggling away at the buttons and Leo stood next to her, the two just smiled at them.

"Happy to hear from you guys. And good timing, rebel command has authorized the attack. Fighters are being fueled and bombers loaded."

Hera informs them, everyone lights up with smiles as Ezra and Mako exchange happy looks, "The attack?" Ezra asks, they both look back at the panel. "It's happening? Like really Happening?" Mako asks.

"We're launching our assaults on the next rotation. I told Mon Mothma you'll coordinate the ground assault."

Hera informs them, Leto jumps with joy and Leo places his hand on Sabine's shoulder. Ezra and Mako look out at the others "You can count on us." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 851 26
Here are a few one shots about the ghost crew. Hope you like it. Includes many pranks, family fluff, dark stories and even karaoke. So enjoy readin...
23.9K 331 37
The Crew of the "GHOST" have not yet formed. Ezra is still a loose cannon on the streets of Lothal and the rest are up to there usual tasks of causin...
120K 1.2K 71
The ghost crew has a new member they will be tested physically and mentally to survive the war, Love will be reborn for one in more than one way, the...
24.5K 299 17
(Set after season two) For two long years Ezra Bridger has fought against the Empire with some of his best friends, among them the legendary fan of a...