Faithless

Von devour-me

"...and a little bird told me our king has been spending too much time in Purgatory, meeting with certain arc... Mehr

1 - Be Careful What You Wish For
2 - The Offer
3 - Alliance
4 - Open Your Eyes
5 - Reality
6 - Good Liar
7 - Playing With Fire
8 - Improbability
9 - Who And What?
10 - Be Careful
11 - Do You Want To Try It?
12 - Council Calls
13 - Don't Kiss And Do Tell
14 - Sucker
15 - Something Dangerous
16 - Usefulness
17 - You're Losing Your Touch
18 - Fool Me Once
19 - No Turning Back
20 - Make Yourself At Home
21 - Hierarchy
22 - Weakness
23 - You Can't Beat Me At My Own Game
24 - Partners In Crime
25 - Freedom
26 - Let Me Hear You
27 - Gone
28 - Hide And Seek
29 - Lapse Of Judgement
30 - Dream A Little Dream Of Me
31 - Awoken
32 - Don't Get Used To It
33 - You're Welcome
34 - Divine Intervention
35 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
36 - Life Imitates Art
37 - Distraction
38 - Bad Mood
40 - I'd Like To See You Try
41 - And Don't Stop
42 - Vulnerability
43 - You Look Freshly Fucked
44 - Anything Can Be Fixed With A Party
45 - It's Much Better Now
46 - I Always Behave
47 - I'm Open-Minded Enough For All Of Us
48 - Do You Want Me All To Yourself?
49 - You Can't Be Too Loud
50 - I'll Be Back To Get You
51 - It's Not Megan's Fault
52 - Fuck Your Theory
53 - Join Me
54 - The Order
55 - Lest It Comes True

39 - Who Is She?

19 4 0
Von devour-me

Ian

    I'd been waiting for Megan to walk out of the bedroom for a few minutes now, wondering if she'd changed her mind about the whole Council meeting situation because I hadn't seen her since earlier today.

     She knew the time we were supposed to leave for the meeting though, I called Igor and he sounded more than curious to find out why the fuck I wanted to have a Council meeting in my apartment.

     The short answer was that no, I didn't want any of those fuckers at my place. But since Megan was spending time in Callum's house while she wasn't back at the other apartment, it was safe to keep that information to ourselves.

     My apartment was neutral ground and a better choice, especially since Callum wasn't an active member of the Council and everyone would find it very suspicious if I'd picked his house for my meeting.

     Igor tried to ask me where I'd been or why I was ignoring the very urgent issue between the wolves and the vampires, but I assured him I'd been busy doing my job and that everything would be clarified tonight.

     I couldn't remember if we ever had a meeting outside of Hell like this, let alone with an unexpected guest. The novelty was inviting enough that Igor assured me the whole Council would be present, and scheduling it for tonight revealed how eager he was.

     It was pointless to waste any more time, particularly because Lucifer wanted this to happen.

     My mood had slightly improved throughout the day, I kept an eye on the creature and made sure that thing was still unconscious because I was planning on briefly showing it to the Council before putting it back in the cage. And then I was going to kill it, obviously.

     Megan was quite scared and shocked once she saw the monster-like creature, I could understand how crazy it seemed that her blood had been responsible for it. It was extremely dangerous, just because I knew what she was now didn't mean she was any less unpredictable.

     She didn't say much though, and she continued to avoid me at any chance she got. It was very fucking exasperating to be in the same room as her and yet be ignored, I wasn't used to this. Giving me the cold shoulder was only making me desperate to reverse the situation, I didn't like this at all.

     And it was my job to be close to her, so I had to do something about it.

     Tonight would be extremely overwhelming for her, fuck, for all of us. But she'd be in a room full of high demons that had no idea who or what she was, it wouldn't be welcoming or easy.

     I had to remain fucking calm and make sure they wouldn't do anything to her, she wasn't the one to blame. Our goal was to expose the angels and figure out what we'd do about them, Megan was just another of their victims.

     But if the Council knew she was Lucifer's daughter and a hybrid, they'd either want her dead or worship her. I had a feeling a negative reaction was more likely, demons weren't a fan of drastic changes.

     And we didn't like to be reminded that we weren't as unique and powerful as we thought.

     I wondered if the others ever got as bored as I had, but my life had turned upside down these past months and I never felt more alive. Sure, a lot of headache and trouble also followed... but I literally couldn't picture myself living the same life I was before Megan.

     And speaking of the Devil's daughter, she finally opened the door to walk out of the bedroom.

     Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, with the white locks loose and framing her pretty face. She didn't notice I was leaning against the wall across from her, watching as she adjusted the oversized white sweater she probably borrowed from Callum's closet.

     I could smell his scent on the piece of clothing and I didn't like that, let alone how naturally comfortable she seemed to be about this.  

      "I thought you backed out." I spoke up, clearly scaring the shit out of her because her heart started racing and her blue eyes were wide when she looked at me.

     "No, I'm ready." She cleared her throat and pretended I didn't startle her, crossing her arms over her chest when she took a step closer. "Sorry to disappoint."

     "Never." I smirked, but she was still glaring at me with a cute pout on her full lips. "Look, I was a bit of an asshole earlier."

     I stepped closer to her, looking down to hold her gaze while she tilted her head back. Her confidence could sometimes mask how short she was, but it was adorable how she actually didn't seem intimidated at all tonight.

     "Is that your version of an apology?" She asked, raising one eyebrow.

     "Maybe." I smiled, holding her chin gently and leaning my face closer.

     My touch instantly got a reaction from her, Megan's heart was beating faster again and her cheeks turned a soft shade of pink. I also noticed her lips briefly parted before she pressed her mouth into a thin line, almost as if she was reprimanding herself for her body's response.

     "You suck at apologies then." She said. "But I'm glad you're self-aware."

     "Why, thank you." I smiled, this time letting go of her chin and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'd like to continue where we left off, though. I'll even let you pick the time and place so you don't accuse me of distracting you again."

     "How about you stop using sex to distract me at all when we have more important matters to discuss?" Her question and serious tone surprised me, I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

     "We haven't fucked yet, Meg." I whispered, making sure to emphasize the word 'yet'. "But okay, I'll do my best. Deal then?"

     She shook her head but I could see she was trying to hide a smile, sinking her teeth into her tempting lower lip. I could sense she wasn't angry at me anymore, but knowing myself I'd definitely do something to piss her off again... soon.

     I had to enjoy it while things seemed to be normal again.

     "I'll think about it." Megan said at last. "I'm not so sure you deserve it."

     "You definitely deserve it though." I winked, watching as her cheeks turned redder in response. "You know I can make it up to you."

     Our main disagreement regarded our individual priorities, and I can surely say my priority was hearing Megan moaning my name again.

     I had a feeling that we both liked to use each other as distractions amid our chaotic lives, especially since it was a different kind of excitement for us. Megan was relishing real emotions for the first time and having fun, while I was finally managing to satisfy what first seemed to be an insatiable hunger inside me.

     It was just hard to keep up with which distractions were welcome and which she didn't appreciate.

     Megan liked to be involved in what was going on and I bet it was because it gave her some sense of control over her life, especially since she missed twenty-five years by being asleep.

     But I had to be extra careful now, Lucifer gave me clear orders and I had to follow. I would share only the necessary, giving her just enough to make it seem like I had nothing to hide.

     "It's unfair, you know exactly what to do and how to touch me... you cloud my thoughts and you make me forget about everything." Megan admitted, looking deep into my eyes. "And I don't mean that as a compliment."

     "I'll take it either way." I chuckled, shoving my hands into the pockets of my black leather jacket. "You're going to need my talents after the meeting, I can assure you that. You'll beg me to help you forget."

     "I'm nervous." She whispered, looking away from me. "You're all so intense and daunting... it took me a while to get used to it. But these are strangers and they have no reason to accept or trust me. Look at that thing in the basement, they're going to hate me for it. They'll look at me and think I'm nothing but trouble."

     She didn't seem like Lucifer's daughter now, it was probably the reasonable side of her taking over. She worried too much about being perceived badly, I couldn't relate to that.

     But she would probably feel intimidated and inferior, the Council wasn't a friendly crowd and they weren't expecting her. They would all be defensive, the solution was to pin it on the common enemy: the angels. And then move the fuck on.

     "They hate everyone, Meg." I shrugged, trying to make her feel less anxious about this. "I fucking hate every single one of them, it's an expected behavior coming from the Council."

     "You don't count, you hate everyone regardless if they're from the Council." She rolled her eyes at me and I flashed a wide smile in return. "And you don't care."

     "I don't hate you." I pointed it out, and it was the truth as much as she annoyed me. "And you shouldn't care. They're vultures, especially my mother."

     I noticed her heart started beating faster again, her pupils were even a bit dilated when she looked into my eyes.

     "Zoey called earlier, she warned me about her." Megan cleared her throat before speaking. "She said, and I quote, 'Ian's mother is a less whorish and more insanely delusional version of him'."

     I laughed way harder than I planned, this was probably the most accurate thing Zoey had ever said. Megan even started laughing along, clearly not as tense as before.

     "Yeah, she's batshit crazy." I agreed. "I can handle her though, don't worry."

     "It doesn't seem like a typical mother-son relationship... are all high demons like this? I mean, Nate left some fake memories in my head and I remember a bit about my parents." Megan said. "Not my real parents, but you get it. They didn't hate me, and I'm pretty sure I loved them."

     I wondered if she'd feel the same once she found out who her real parents were, her father in particular. I doubted 'love' was something she would use to describe her emotions.

    "Do you remember what love feels like?" I asked her and she furrowed her eyebrows.

      "I think so... it's hard to explain." She said. "Can you explain it?"

     I didn't recall laughing this many times in my entire life, and yet here I was laughing again. It wasn't on purpose to make Megan feel self-conscious about her innocent question, it was honestly funny.

     "I don't love my mother and she definitely doesn't love me, if that's what you meant." I cleared my throat after I forced myself to stop laughing, she was looking at me like I'd lost my mind. "We're not built this way, love is a human emotion. I can like things and appreciate them, in a realistic way. I still hate my mother though."

     "I see." Megan said, playing with the long sleeves of the sweater that covered her whole hand if she didn't fold them. "At least I won't feel bad if I hate her too."

     "Hate away, please." I grinned. "We should get going though, they'll start showing up at my apartment soon."

     "I'm curious to see where you live." She smiled.

    I leaned closer, reaching out my hand to playfully pull her ponytail back and force her to tilt her head again. And the sweet signature scent of her lust surrounded me instantly, becoming even stronger when my mouth was less than an inch away from hers.

     I let go of her hair and looked down at her neck, using my index finger to tug the collar of the sweater so I could see the small bruise she was trying to hide. Her breath hitched in her throat when I softly brushed my finger over it, feeling her pulse quicken under my touch.

     "I can give you an exclusive private tour after the meeting." I whispered, looking into her clear blue eyes now. "I have a feeling you'll enjoy the bedroom."

     "Come on now, you two." Callum's voice made Megan pull away from me and I took a very deep breath before glaring at him. "Business first, then pleasure. You can kiss and make up later."

     She kept her hands behind her back and tried to keep her composure, but her flushed cheeks gave her away. I wasn't even too upset with Callum's interruption, I was just thankful Megan was amicable again.

     "Let's go then." I said. "I'll stop by to grab the creature later."

     "Will you bring a leash? A real one, not the kinky kind you own." Callum smirked.

     "I'm sure you'd love that." I rolled my eyes, glancing at Megan now and seeing her arched eyebrows in response to Callum's words. "Ready?"

     She just nodded and I placed my hand on her shoulder, making us appear in my apartment and knowing Callum would follow.

     Megan almost stumbled once we arrived, placing her hands on my chest to keep her balance. I ignored the annoying sting from the almost healed cut underneath, thankfully all there'd be left in a couple of days would be another scar.

     "Sorry." She whispered, pulling her hands away quickly and widening her eyes. "I forgot about the cut."

     "It's okay." I smiled, watching as Callum appeared right next to us. "Make yourself at home. Not you, Callum."

     He smiled, taking a seat on the black leather armchair and crossing his legs. He was still wearing the same see-through shirt from earlier, showing the Council mark branded on his shoulder.

     I noticed it caught Megan's attention as well. Callum mentioned that he explained a bit of the Council's history to her and I wasn't sure he was the most reliable source.

     She was quickly distracted by the many windows in my living room though, walking closer to admire the view while I took a seat on one of the couches. My apartment was nothing like Callum's house, it made him look like a hoarder.

     He probably was, actually.

     "We're in New York again." Megan said, glancing at me with an excited glint in her eyes. "I like the city. It's so pretty from up here."

     "I prefer the calmness of the Italian Alps." Callum said. "But I can understand the appeal of the city that never sleeps... especially since we have that in common."

     "Speak for yourself." She walked closer to the couch, shyly looking around my living room before taking a seat next to me. "I think I'm going to need a long night of sleep after this meeting."

     Her heart was beating really fast again and I could tell it was pure anxiety. She was tapping her foot on the floor and fidgeting, probably without even noticing how nervous she actually was.

     I placed my hand on her thigh and she stopped, taking a deep breath and exhaling through her mouth. Callum was watching me with curious red eyes, pinching his bottom lip between his fingers as if he was suppressing a smile.

     "I'm okay." Megan told me, tracing the ring on my middle finger before she pulled away. She most likely forgot we weren't alone, it explained the blush on her cheeks. "Are they all going to show up here?"

     "Any minute now." Callum answered.

     I pulled my hand away from her thigh so I could reach for a cigarette, wondering if I'd ever move past this nervous habit. I used my powers to light it up after holding it between my lips, grabbing the glass ashtray from the center table so I could place it on the armrest of the couch.

     We were all restless, whether we liked to admit it or not.

     And of course, the first person to appear right in front of my fireplace was Igor... followed by Alana.

     They realized Callum was already present, which was enough to earn a surprised look on both of their faces. But then their gazes moved to Megan at the same time, causing her heart to pound like a fucking drum.

     I was sure even a regular human could hear it, she was trying to keep her face calm when she moved her gaze between father and daughter.

     Igor furrowed his eyebrows with sheer confusion in his dark eyes, taking a step closer to the couch before glancing sideways at me.

     "Who is she?"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8K 199 17
I looked down my legs seeing fire wrapping them together ,shrieking I was ready to give up to him. "You summoned me Kristine. Last night you called f...
675K 53.2K 63
'Praying for the Devil?' With the war between the vampires and Varúlfur more brutal and blood-thirsty than it has ever been, Megan Garrick has been f...
9.7M 308K 44
FEMALE CHARACTER IS INNOCENT AND CHILDISH!! READ THE TAGS!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!! "Tell me something Azron." Lucifer said as he walked closer to the...
6.6K 967 22
[COMPLETE] A rambly angel. A debonair demon. A very stuck elevator... NIRAEL has never been the best angel. A little too loud, always in the wrong pl...