𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

Mash Off

2.2K 74 77
By mayasbitxh

"What you're doing is appalling," Kurt said as he and Adalynn stormed into Sue Sylvester's office after seeing her campagne commercial the previous night. "Do you know 20% of all voters think our dad actually has a baboon heart?"

"It's not personal, Porcelain siblings," Sue said as she polished her trophy. "It's politics. And politics are all about playing dirty. You should know, Lady Hummel. Your squeaky clean campaign for class president is getting a good ol' fashioned country shellackin'. Your opponent, Brittany S. Pierce, is promising root beer water fountains and robot teachers. She even let it slip that one Rachel Berry is still on Myspace."

"That's ridiculous," Kurt scoffed. "Brittany's making promises she can't deliver on. It's lying!"

"Besides, no one is on Myspace," Adalynn added. "Not even Rachel."

"It doesn't matter," Sue said, leaning over with her hands on her desk. "Brittany's got their attention. Heck, even the twins are voting for her."

"They're babies, they can't vote!" Kurt snapped.

"Look, the point is, you're playing all nice campaigning for a salad bar in the cafeteria," the cheer coach said. "It's boring, it's tired, and it's not going to get you elected."

"He still has my vote," Adalynn shrugged, crossing her arms.

"Obesity is a huge problem at this school," said Kurt.

"Especially in the Glee Club," Sue said, pointing a finger. "Have a seat, Porcelain and Mini Porcelain," she said, motioning for the Hummel siblings to sit down. "You know why I fight dirty? Because I'm fighting for something. I have a cause, several actually."

"What are they?" Adalynn asked.

"I hate the arts... and a bunch of other stuff."

The younger girl stifled a laugh as Kurt elbowed her and shook his head 'no.'

"If you want to win, find yourself a cause, my friend," said Sue. "And then start flinging poo. Winning is really about poo flingin'."

"I refuse to believe that," Kurt said, standing up. "I agree that perhaps I need a better cause, but I'm going to win this thing without having to fling a single stinky nugget."

"And that's how Kurt..." Adalynn made a 'c' with her hand and smiled innocently as she stood up. "Sees it."

"Well, good luck with that, children of Burt 'Baboon Heart' Hummel," Sue said as the two teenagers left. Kurt turned and shot her a glare. "It's not personal."

****

The New Directions and the Troubletones walked in from opposite sides of the auditorium. Quinn smiled when she met Adalynn's gaze, and the younger girl waved the hand of Ava in her arms.

"What are you doing here?" Rachel asked, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at their rival all-girl show choir.

"Shelby said she had something to show us," said Mercedes. "What are you doing here?"

"Mr. Schue said the same thing," said Finn.

"Let me guess, he wants to combine choirs for sectionals," Santana said with a roll of her eyes as she passed Maya off to Bailey. "Well, it's not gonna happen. The Troubletones are here to stay. So why don't you shuffle your busted choir off our stage and away from my god twins. I don't want your loserdom rubbing off on them."

"Ba," Maya agreed, waving an arm around as if to tell the New Directions to take a hike.

"See? Even the babies agree," Santana smirked. "So you guys can leave now."

"Look, you guys, we can compete without being enemies," said Finn.

"Can we?" Adalynn asked, raising a brow. "Cause Rachel hated me for getting the lead in the musical, and she even said she hoped I lost my voice so she could step in instead."

"I apologized!" Rachel scoffed.

"You never gave me coffee."

"We don't have to get vicious," said Finn.

"Oh, I think we do, soft serve," Santana said, stepping closer to the New Directions. "See, the Troubletones are 3F. Fierce, femme, phenomenal. Oh, and guys, hurry up," she said to the Troubletones. "Go get some moist towels. We have to keep Finn wet before we can roll him back in the sea."

Sugar nodded and went to get some towels at the older girl's request, but Adalynn grabbed her arm and shook her head.

"She's joking," the junior whispered as Ava reached out to Sugar, making happy babbling noises when she took her hand. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Can I?" Sugar gasped, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Yeah," Adalynn nodded as she passed Ava off to the younger girl.

"Okay, you know what, Santana?" Rachel asked, stepping closer to the Latina. "Finn is in great shape, and your meanness only highlights your own personal insecurities."

"And Rachel, your mustache is thicker than a Middle Eastern dictators," Santana quipped.

Shelby and Mr. Schue came in, and they began singing. Everyone turned their attention to the two Glee Club directors, and the babies cooed in awe.

"Is this what having a stroke feels like?" Brittany asked Bailey with an innocent smile. "Because I like it."

Bailey chuckled at her sister's insanity as she passed Maya off to her.

The two show choirs listened, swaying to the beat of the music as their teachers sang. When they finished, both groups applauded.

"Mr. Schue, Shelby, I think we can all admit that that was weirdly amazing," Rachel was quick to speak. "But what exactly was the point?"

"That sometimes bringing together two conflicting things can create something totally unexpected," Mr. Schue explained.

"We're not combining Glee Clubs, Mr. Schue," Mercedes groaned.

"Not what I'm talking about," the curly haired man said. "Shelby and I agreed that with sectionals coming up for both of us, it's time we got serious with some friendly competition."

"Ba," Ava gasped as she looked over at an excited Adalynn and reached out to her, giggling when the older girl tapped her nose.

"You like competing too, little me?" the brunette asked as she carefully took the little hand Ava was holding out to her. "Of course you do," Adalynn cooed, placing a kiss to her cheek. "You're competitive just like me, huh? When you get older, I'll teach you everything I know."

"Not if I teach her, first," Santana said as she took the baby out of Sugar's arms, sending the sophomore a smug smile when she gasped in protest. "Sucks for you, richie bitch."

"Santana," Bailey warned, sending the older girl a glare. "Remember what we talked about. No cussing in front of the twins."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Each group's going to put together their own mash up to perform head-to-head," said Shelby.

"For the first annual McKinley High..." Mr. Schue began.

"Mash off!" they exclaimed together as the group cheered.

"We've totally got this," Adalynn said, holding up a hand for Sugar, who high-fived it with a smile, hoping that she would finally have some friends at this school. "Stupid Fuckerman over there doesn't even know what a mash-up is."

"No cussing in front of the kids, Ada!" Bailey shouted over the cheering.

"Fa!" Ava babbled.

Adalynn smiled innocently when Bailey shot her a glare. She exchanged a look with Sugar, and they both burst out laughing.

****

The Troubletones and the New Directions were all in the gym for a game of dodgeball. The twins had been dropped off at the Hummel's that morning when Brittany came by to pick Adalynn up to give her a ride to school, so their safety wouldn't be any concern.

There was just concern for the safety of their mom and godmothers.

"I hate balls," Adalynn pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why do we have to do this again?"

"Santana's trying to get revenge on Finn or something," Bailey shrugged. "That's what Brittany said, anyway."

"What even is going on with those two?" Sugar asked.

"They have a bit of a rivalry," Brittany explained. "It's kind of a long story, and I don't think anyone really knows how it started."

"Didn't it start when she took his virginity?" Adalynn asked as Sugar's eyes widened.

"She took his...?"

"Let's roadhouse!" Finn shouted, blowing a whistle.

"We'll fill you in later," Adalynn whispered to Sugar as they all got into positions for the dodgeball match. She made eye contact across the gym with Quinn, who smiled and sent her a wink.

"Let's do this," Brittany said, high-fiving Bailey before switching on the music.

The Troubletones huddled together as they discussed their game plan. They broke out and ran to get a dodgeball at the same time the New Directions did. Adalynn and Rachel reached for a ball at the same time, and the younger girl let go so that she could have it, only for the older girl to throw it at her instead.

Adalynn scoffed, and Quinn clenched her jaw, throwing the dodgeball in her hands at Rachel on purpose, just like the diva had done to her girlfriend.

"What was that for?!" Rachel scoffed.

"You know what you did," Quinn said, glaring at Rachel, laughing when she got hit by a ball thrown by Brittany.

"That's what you get for hitting my second little sister!" the tall blonde shouted from the other side of the gym.

The dodgeball game continued. Balls flew from every corner of the gym, and one by one, members of both teams would get hit and eliminated from the game. Finn got hit, leaving Santana as the last one standing from both groups.

"Okay," Finn said as the Troubletones celebrated their victory. "Good game."

"Boy, oh, boy, that was a cracker," Rory said as he jogged up to the quarterback.

Santana took a dodgeball out of Bailey's hands and proceeded to throw it at the Irish boy. The other Troubletones did the same, except for Mercedes, Adalynn, Bailey, and Brittany.

"Stop it!" Kurt shouted as he ran up to Rory, who had cowered down on the floor in an attempt to avoid the flying dodgeballs. "For god's sake, he's bleeding!"

"That was kinda harsh, San," Bailey mumbled, hiding behind Brittany when the older girl shot her a look over her shoulder.

"Maybe that's how the others treat us around here, but we don't do this to each other," Kurt said, glaring up at Santana. "We're better than this."

"God, calm down, Grandma," Santana scoffed.

"Kurt has a point, though," Adalynn hesitantly spoke up.

"Excuse me?" the Latina scoffed, sending the younger girl a glare.

"Nevermind," the younger girl mumbled, shuffling closer to Brittany.

"That's what I thought."

"This game is over," Kurt spat, glaring at Santana as he helped Rory up. "And if you dare lay a finger on my sister, you're dead."

"Quit being such a priss, Lady Hummel," Santana scoffed as she turned on her heel and left the gym.

Adalynn spotted Quinn on the other side of the gym and ran over to her, throwing her arms around her shoulders and hugging her tightly. She hated that they weren't in the same show choir anymore, and Santana would have her head if she saw her, quote, 'being friendly with the enemy.'

"Everything okay, Addie?" Quinn asked as they pulled out of the hug, furrowing her brows when she saw the dark circles under her eyes. "Ada, are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Adalynn asked with a shrug. "I just miss being in Glee with you."

"You have dark circles under your eyes," the older girl said, concern in her voice.

"I've just had trouble sleeping," the brunette shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"It is a big deal. Addie, how long has this been going on?"

"I don't know. A few weeks?"

"A few weeks?" Quinn grasped, her brows pulling together. "Adalynn, what time are you getting to sleep?"

"Well... I lay down in bed around 10 and toss and turn for an eternity and then finally fall asleep around... I don't know... maybe one or two in the morning?"

"Have you talked to Burt or Carole about this?" Quinn asked.

"No, why would I? It's not a big deal. Everyone has trouble sleeping."

"Addie, that is a big deal," the older girl said sternly. "Especially if this has been a recurring thing."

"Whatever," Adalynn sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Can we go get coffee?"

"I think that might be the problem... Adalynn, how much coffee are you drinking each day?"

"A lot," the younger girl shrugged as Quinn's jaw dropped. "What? It's good."

"Okay, but that much caffeine isn't healthy," the blonde said, glancing down at Adalynn's shaking hands. She bit her bottom lip for a moment before looking back into her bright blue eyes. "Okay, so how about this? I'm gonna introduce you to this thing called water, and tomorrow instead of coffee, maybe try herbal tea."

"Gross not tea," Adalynn said, scrunching up her nose.

"You've got to cut back on the caffeine, Adalynn," Quinn said sternly. "I'm serious."

"Okay, Mommy," the younger girl smirked, laughing when Quinn playfully shoved her.

"This isn't a joke," Quinn said, failing to keep from smiling when the brunette looked up at her with and innocent smile. "Ada, quit being so damn cute. I'm being serious."

"...So am I."

"Adalynn."

"Lucy."

"You're sleeping over at my house tonight–"

"Wanky."

"You need to stop hanging out with Santana," Quinn said with a small laugh. "And this isn't going to be anything sexual. Starting now, I'm putting you on a caffeine ban, and you're sleeping over at my house so that you actually get some rest. I know it's easier for you when–"

"When I'm wrapped in your arms," Adalynn sighed dramatically, wrapping her arms around Quinn's waist and resting her head on her shoulder.

"And I lightly brush my fingers up and down your back because I know it helps you relax," Quinn said as she began doing just that. Adalynn sighed contently, relaxing in the older girl's arms. "We should probably get going before you fall asleep."

"Yeah," the younger girl murmured as she pulled away from the blonde, who wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they left the gym.

****

The Troubletones were standing around the piano doing vocal warm ups. Instead of zoning out like she usually did, Adalynn found herself wide awake. She had managed to get a good night's sleep since Quinn forced her to sleep over. She didn't even realize she had been asleep until she felt the blonde's warm lips press to the exposed skin of her neck, which was the perfect way to wake up.

Ava reached a hand up to play with Adalynn's long brunette locks, which she had put into a low side ponytail that flowed over her shoulder in a waterfall of chocolate. Bailey held Maya close to her chest and comfortingly rubbed her back as she made soft hiccuping noises.

"It's okay, baby," Bailey whispered, placing a kiss to her daughter's cheek.

"Ladies, vocal warm ups can wait," Mercedes said as she came into the room. "Now, I was up half the night thinking about our mash-up for the mash-off, and it came to me. Adele."

"Yes," Adalynn gasped, her eyes widening with excitement.

"Ah!" Ava babbled, clapping her hands together as her twin did the same.

"Babies say yes," Bailey smiled. "So do I."

"I sound just like her," said Sugar.

"Dude, I love her," said Brittany. "She sounds like what banana cream pie sounds like when it sings."

"I think it's a great idea," Shelby agreed, sending Mercedes a smile. "I think that we could really kill with that stuff."

"Agreed," Santana nodded. "And now with that decision out of the way, I can stay focused on my one sided battle of wits with the knuckle dragger."

"Leave my brother alone," Adalynn frowned as she hugged Ava close to her. "You're being really harsh."

"Santana, the dodgeball thing was fun until the end, but Adalynn has a point," Mercedes agreed. "Enough."

"No, honey, I'm just getting started," Santana said with a dry chuckle. "Someone has to show the twins how we do it in Lima Heights so they know how to handle any Frankenteens they may encounter when they get older."

"No," said Bailey. "You're supposed to set a good example for the twins."

"I'm the leader of this group," Mercedes said to Santana. "And I'm telling you, lay off those guys."

"I'm sorry," the Latina scoffed, walking around the piano to be face-to-face with Mercedes. "Who died and made you queen, Aretha?"

"Here we go again," Adalynn sighed.

"I brought you guys in, and I came up with the idea for our mash-up while you were wasting time trying to figure out how to make Finn Hudson cry," said Mercedes. "So, I nominate myself as president of the Troubletones. All in favor?"

Most of the group raised their hands, minus Bailey, Brittany, and Adalynn. Mercedes gave the three girls a look.

"I think clubs work better when there's no leader," Bailey shrugged as Maya hid her face in her neck. "And Maya says no."

"Ava says no, too," Adalynn said as the younger twin made a grunting noise. "And I'm with Bailey. We don't need a leader."

"I'm not impressed by your campaign," said Brittany. "You didn't put any posters up."

"Four in favor means Mercedes gets elected," said Shelby. "And she's right. We should be focusing on winning because we're better. Not meaner. Mr. Schue and I both agreed on the ground rules. We play fair."

"I just don't have time for this kind of thing," Santana grumbled as she moved back to her spot behind the piano next to Brittany.

"Well, make time," said Mercedes. "Because you are a star member of this group, and you need to represent."

"Stop the violence," Brittany sang, nudging the Latina's shoulder and getting her to smile. "Come on."

"Okay, god, okay," Santana chuckled. "Look, I'll play fair. From now on, I will be so nice that cotton candy won't melt in my mouth. That's really nice. And, that's the perfect example to set for the minis."

Santana sent the twins a smile, and the two babies made happy babbling noises. Ava reached out for the Latina, and Adalynn hesitantly passed her off to her.

I'm not buying this for a minute...

****

"Hey, Santana. Why don't you just come out of the closet?"

The sound of Finn's voice echoing down the hall caught Bailey's attention. She turned from where she was at her locker, and saw Santana frozen in place, a look of pure terrier flooding across her usually confident features.

"You know, I think I know why you're so good at tearing everybody down," Finn said as he slowly took steps closer to the cheerleader. "It's because you're constantly tearing yourself down, because you can't admit to everyone that you're in love with Brittany, and she might not love you back. That must hurt, to not be able to admit to everyone how you really feel. You know what I think you are? A coward. See you at the mash-off."

Bailey's jaw dropped as Finn turned and walked away, leaving Santana on the verge of tears. The Latina hugged her binder close to her chest as she hurried off down the hall.

"Tana, wait!" Bailey called as she closed her locker and followed Santana into an empty classroom. She closed the door and covered the little window so no one could see inside. She sat down on the floor next to the older girl, who was hugging her knees to her chest. "San, it's gonna be okay."

"No it's not," Santana sobbed, placing her head against her knees. "I hate him. I fucking hate him!"

"Maybe no one was listening?" the younger girl suggested as she put a comforting arm around her shoulders and rubbed her arm.

"The whole hallway heard, Bailey," the Latina sniffled, looking over at the blonde with hurt brown eyes. "You know how fast gossip travels at this school. It's only a matter of time before it reaches Jacob Ben Israel and he posts it on his stupid blog."

"He's not gonna do that. I won't let him."

"There's nothing you can say to him that'll stop him." Santana took a shaky breath and buried her head in her knees again. "Can you leave, please?"

"Santana, I really don't think you should be alone right now," Bailey said, her voice filled with concern.

"Just leave. Please."

Bailey bit her bottom lip for a moment. She sighed softly and comfortingly rubbed Santana's shoulder.

"If you need anything, just text me," the younger girl said before standing up and heading to the door. She looked back, her heart hurting as she watched her sister's best friend fall apart. She turned back around and left the classroom, a million thoughts swirling through her head as she went to find Brittany.

****

Adalynn made a soft murmuring sound as she felt a pair of warm lips press against her bare shoulder and trail across her collarbone.

"Time to wake up, princess," Quinn whispered as she tenderly kissed the younger girl's neck.

"NoIdonwanna," Adalynn mumbled, tangling a hand in her girlfriend's short blonde hair.

"In that case..." The older girl sat up and pulled the blanket off the half-awake brunette, who instantly sat up and reached for it, only for Quinn to hold it out of her reach.

"Hey, give that back. I'm cold now."

"Then put some clothes on, silly," Quinn said with a small laugh, throwing the blanket at her before standing up and putting on the dress that she had laid out the night before.

"I would, but I can't feel my legs," Adalynn said as she wrapped up in the blanket.

"Guess I did my job right, then," the older girl smirked as she tossed her girlfriend one of her t-shirts.

"Fuck you," the brunette scoffed as she pulled the shirt on over her head.

"I thought I already did?"

"You suck, Fabray," Adalynn chuckled as the blonde came back over to the bed.

"You know you love me," Quinn said as she leaned down and placed a quick kiss to Adalynn's lips before taking her hands and pulling her up. "Now get ready. We have to leave soon."

"Can we get coffee first?" Adalynn asked as she picked her leggings up off the floor.

"No. We're gonna start substituting that for something else," Quinn said as Adalynn put her leggings on. "The Lima Bean has really good smoothies, so we can try that instead."

"But... caffeine," Adalynn pouted as she pulled her hair into a messy bun.

"You'll survive."

"I hate you."

"No you don't."

****

The New Directions and the Troubletones were all in the auditorium together. Brittany and Santana were twirling around the stage with the twins, who giggled and clapped their hands together happily, and Tina, Adalynn, and Bailey were exchanging friendship bracelets that they had made for each other.

"Welcome everyone, to day one of the first annual McKinley High Mash-off!" Mr. Schue exclaimed as everyone cheered. "Okay, a couple of ground rules. There will be no heckling of any kind, okay? We all know each other. We all like each other. We're all a family, okay? Alright, here we go. Finn will represent the New Directions, Santana, the Troubletones, for the rock-paper-scissors face-off to see who will perform first."

Santana passed Ava off to Bailey before heading over to center stage to meet up with Finn. They did rock-paper-scissors, and the Latina glared up at Finn when he won as the rest of the New Directions celebrated.

"Paper covers rock," said Mr. Schue. "New Directions, take the stage."

****

Tina, Adalynn, and Bailey sat in their usual trio with the twins in the gym as they waited for the presidential debate to start. Burt was there with Julian, and the two sat in the row of bleachers behind the juniors. The older boy was poking Adalynn's shoulder repeatedly, trying to see how long it would take for her to snap at him.

"Julian, leave your cousin alone," Burt said with a small chuckle.

"Nah," the 19 year old said as he continued to poke the younger girl.

Adalynn clenched her jaw. She turned around and grabbed Julian's finger, glaring up at him. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stop that right fudging now."

"Okay, okay," Julian chuckled, taking his hand away and ruffling the younger girl's hair. He went to start poking Bailey, but Adalynn slapped his hand away.

"No."

"Quiet please, children," Figgins said into the microphone, getting everyone's attention. "Welcome, one and all to McKinley High's senior class presidential debate. Such a magnificent turnout reflects this school's passion for democracy. And also, a reminder. It is against school policy to pass gas into jars to be sold in the cafeteria. And now, our first candidate, Rick 'The Stick' Nelson."

Everyone clapped as the hockey player stepped up to the microphone, except for the twins, who turned to hide in the chests of Tina and Bailey.

"Even the babies hate him," Tina chuckled as she rubbed Maya's back.

"So," Rick began. "I was talking to my dad, who says that since he pays taxes and stuff, like, for teachers, which pretty much means that we're your boss. So, I think it's time that the teachers started doing what we say. And how about you stop talking in class, Mrs. Janicek? Everything you have to say is boring!"

"Whoo!" the jocks cheered.

"Vote Rick the Stick!"

"No," Adalynn grumbled as Rick walked away and Brittany stepped up.

"Tornadoes are nature's most destructive force," the older Pierce said. "These violent storms have ravaged America, crippling communities all across our land. Isn't it time we take a stand? If you honor me with being your next class president, I will make tornadoes illegal at McKinley, keeping you and your families at our school safe from their murderous rampages... Also, on Tuesdays, uh, I pledge to go topless."

The gym erupted in cheers, as Bailey hid her face in her hand. The twins shrieked and clapped their hands eagerly together.

"That's your aunt," the young mother said, furrowing her brows at the twins.

"Even babies like boobs," Adalynn shrugged, laughing with Tina when Bailey shot them a look.

"Don't talk about my sister like that," the blonde pouted.

"To quote Coach Sylvester... it's not personal," Adalynn shrugged.

"Hello," Kurt said as he took Brittany's place at the mic. "I'm Kurt Hummel. Um... The past few weeks, I've tried to address the real problem of obesity at this school, but my opponents chose empty promises and smear tactics. Although she knows it to be untrue, my opponent Brittany stated that my face was used as a template for Hasbro's successful line of My Little Ponies. Well, I refuse to be bullied. In fact, I refuse to let anyone be bullied. Today, I want to take it one step further. I would like to hereby pledge to ban dodgeball at McKinley High. Since its invention in 1831 by Silas W. Mangold, dodgeball has been used as a school yard instrument of suppression. It's violent, it's painful, it's humiliating, and I believe that it's an equivalent of modern-day stoning. Let's end dodgeball at McKinley High, and send a strong message that violence isn't okay."

Adalynn stood up and clapped, shooting a guilty-looking Rachel a glare. The older girl met her gaze with apologetic eyes, and she looked away. She sent her brother a smile as he went to sit back down.

Adalynn moved to sit next to her dad as Rachel stepped up to the mic. The diva met the younger girl's gaze again before looking away and glancing down at the cards in her hands.

"Hello," Rachel began. "I'm Rachel Berry, and I have campaigned for president on a crusade for school book covers, a plan to save the school thousands of dollars. While I still consider this plan an inspired stroke of political genius... I hereby withdraw my candidacy and urge you all to vote for Kurt Hummel. He's the only candidate here today who never went negative. He's the one who deserves to be president. And to those I've hurt..." Rachel looked over at Adalynn, who crossed her arms over her chest. "I want you to know I'm truly sorry. And I mean it this time. I haven't been fair, and I plan to be better, and I hope that you'll be able to forgive me."

Adalynn rolled her eyes and sent Rachel a small smile accompanied by a nod. In a few months, the diva would be graduating. There was no point in holding anymore grudges, especially not when they had such little time left together.

"I'm casting my vote for Kurt Hummel," Rachel continued. "Vote Hummel, McKinley. Vote for Kurt."

Adalynn started clapping, and the rest of the student body did too. Leave it to Rachel to make the most boring debate interesting with a twist no one was expecting.

****

As the Troubletones performed their Adele mash-up, Bailey noticed that Santana seemed a little out of it. The blonde looked over to Adalynn, who was watching the older girl with concerned eyes. She met Bailey's gaze, and there was unspoken communication that they both knew that something was wrong with the fearless Latina.

The number ended, and Santana instantly jumped off the stage and stormed up to Finn.

"What did you just say to her?" Santana asked, her voice shaky.

"I said I thought you were really great," Finn said, furrowing his brows.

"No, you're lying," the Latina shook her head.

"No, he literally just said that," said Rachel.

"Did you tell her too?" Santana asked.

"What's going on?" Adalynn asked Bailey.

"Finn outed her," the blonde whispered.

Adalynn's jaw dropped as she looked out into the audience at her step brother.

"Everyone's gonna know now, because of you!" Santana snapped.

"The whole school already knows," said Finn. "And you know what? They don't care."

"Not just the school, you idiot! Everyone!"

"What are you talking abo–"

Slap.

Everyone's jaws dropped as Santana slapped Finn hard across the face. Adalynn exchanged a look with Bailey before turning to see the Latina run out of the auditorium, Brittany following close behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 241 16
I guess they call it the sophomore slump Always crying always drunk Alex moves schools after issues at her last one. They just so happens to join th...
85K 2K 23
Y/N a simple girl who is new at McKinley High school signed up for the glee club and then she meets Quinn Fabray, the most popular girl in McKinley...
23.7K 1.3K 15
In where two girls hold a secret that comes back to bite them in the ass. Only to leave their hearts singing. Quinn Fabray x G!P OC Season 1-? I do...
15.5K 824 30
"Well, I don't like living under your spotlight. Maybe if you treat me right you won't have to worry." Violette Donovan and Quinn Fabray have always...