Everybody wants to rule the w...

By Meggy_Cade

It's been four years since the adventure that saved their homes and the Goonies have all continued their live... More

Everybody wants to rule the world.
2|Mad World
3|Nothing's gonna stop us now
4|Smells like Teen Spirit.
5|Do What You Gotta Do
6|I'll Stand By You
7|Falling Down
8|Walk Away

1|Summer's gone

80 3 0
By Meggy_Cade

Summers gone so get back to school no more playing follow the rules.

Tara drove to Mikey's house. Her blue Chevy Camaro had Cyndi Luaper blasting through the speakers. It was the last day of summer and still the air was warm, the sun was casting a blinding glow across Astoria and she sure wasn't spending it at home.

Brand, Andi and Stef were all leaving to go back to college soon, she wanted to say goodbye before they went. In fact, all of the goonies were heading there.

The girl pulled up outside a house and honked her horn. The sound resonated through the boy's house, who had just finished fluffing his hair for the hundredth time. He rushed out to meet his friend before she left him behind, knowing Tara she would do that and he wasn't missing the opportunity to go in her Camaro.

"Are you ever, gonna let me drive this?" Mouth questioned as he buckled in, almost whining.

Mouth's hair had grown longer and he kept it near enough shoulder length.

"And risk having you crash it? Absolutely not." Mouth rolled his eyes and Tara drove off again. The rest of the group were yet to see Tara's car, she had got it recently and picked Mouth up in it a couple of times.

The blue Chevy Camaro was a gift from her mom for her birthday, Tara almost cried when she was handed the keys.

The girl honked her horn as she pulled up to the Walsh residence. Cheering sounded out as she and Mouth got out and the goonies came out onto the porch.

"Neat ride T." Andi commented as she admired Tara's car,

"Thank you." Tara smiled, but it widened as she felt an arm wrap around her waist.

Mikey, who four years ago would be the same height as her, looked down slightly at his girlfriend. He had a growth spurt and now stands at 5'9" whilst Tara stands at 5'5" but it worked perfectly for them.

"When did you get this?" He questioned looking at the car.

"A couple of weeks ago, mom got me it. Looks like your super cool girlfriend can give you a ride to school now. People will stop and stare." Tara grinned.

"You think you can drive me up to college, so I don't have to deal with those two constantly flirting?" Stef joked, everyone joining in with their laughs.

The last day of summer was spent by the goonies doing their usual thing.

Brand and Andi were watching TV.

Mouth and Stef were arguing over the best movie.

Data and Chunk were goofing around.

Finally, Tara and Mikey were reading comics.

When it got to the time to say goodbye to the older trio, everyone became emotional. "I've said goodbye to you before, but I still cry every time." Tara's voice broke as she hugged Brand.

The boy had been an emotional replacement to her actual older brother who four years before had tried to kill her.

"Don't worry kid, I'll be back before you know it. Keep my idiot of a brother in line for me." Brand told her as he pulled away.

"You got it dude." Tara stuck her thumb up at him, a sad grin crossing her face.

The goonies followed behind the car as the group drove away shouting their goodbyes.

-

"So you're picking me up for school tomorrow right?" Mikey questioned laying on his back phone held up to his ear, his other arm tucked beneath his head.

"You know it, I gotta pick up Mouth too but he can go in the back. Has Data got a ride?" Tara fiddled with her wardrobe, phone pushed against her ear. She was trying to find the perfect outfit to wear to school.

"I don't think so, i'll call Data quick."

"Okay, I know Chunk has his own car now, so I have a spare space."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Alright I'll call Data now."

"Okie dokie." Tara put her phone down and continued to search through her wardrobe. Her outfit had to be perfect, it was the first day back after all. She opted for mom jeans, a white top and brown converse.

Tara set her outfit out on her desk ready for the next day, beside her backpack.

The phone rings again. "Data doesn't have a ride."

"Okay, I'll grab him too."

-

Mornings were always Tara's favourite time of day, no matter what. She loved the routine of waking up, getting dressed, doing her hair, eating breakfast and brushing her teeth. It brought a sense of normality to her crazy life.

People in school always whispered about her and her friends as they walked the halls. The typical gossip that happens in High School when something happens to another student.

'Oh my god, isn't she the girl whose brother tried to kill her?'

'Didn't you hear? They found a pirate ship and saved their homes with all kinds of gems.'

The comments about Jon really ticked Tara off, it was her business but people assumed they knew what was going on. And yet they don't sleep at night and wake up because they thought they were drowning in their sleep. 

"Have a good day today honey." Tara's mom spoke as she put on her blazer readying herself for work. 

"I will mom." Mary-Anne walked over and pressed a kiss onto her daughter's head, bidding her goodbye as she left for work. 

The day was warm again meaning she wouldn't need a jacket but she grabbed one in case. Her favourite denim jacket, the one she'd stolen from Mikey. 

"You're in the back today." Tara lifted her sunglasses up as she spoke to Mouth, a sweet grin plastered on her face. 

"Aw man." 

"Scoot to the side, Data will be joining you." 

Mouth's hair had seemed to double in size overnight, it was growing alarmingly fast. 

"Need a haircut any time soon Mouth?" Tara questioned glancing in her rear view mirror at her friend who had also placed sunglasses over his eyes. 

"Yeah, it's growing so fast but I don't want it too short again man." 

"I could do it for you. I do my own hair." Tara suggested, making the short drive to Mikey's house. 

"And risk having you ruin it? Absolutely not." Mouth mocked Tara's statement from the day before, making the girl chuckle. 

Purple rain by Prince started playing and Tara turned the volume up as she and Mouth both started singing along. 

"Get in loser's, we're going to school." Tara shouted out of her window as she pulled up to the two waiting boys outside of their houses. 

Data climbed into the back beside Mouth pulling the chair back as he sat down. Mikey then climbed into the front sitting next to his girlfriend. 

"Hi Mikey." 

"Hello to you." He grinned and kissed Tara quickly. 

A chorus of ews sounded out in the back, Tara turned in her seat and looked at the two a slight glare on her face. 

"When you two get your own car you can ew about me and Mikey then. Besides, you should be used to it it's been four years." With that she turned back around and set off to school. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.3K 50
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
394K 24K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
125K 4.5K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...