Wild ones| Tracy beaker retur...

By PevensieDreams

'"You'll be the death of me O'donavon. We're not partners in crimes" "Oh yeah? Could've sworn you've been s... More

PLAYLIST !
00.00
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
T E N
E L V E N
TWELVE
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - ONE \ "Home alone"
T W E N T Y-TWO \ "Liberty in the Dg"
T W E N T Y-FOUR/ "What would Gus want?"
T W E N T Y- F I V E\! Social media!
Twenty-Six --> Face the music *Edited*
T W E N T Y- S E V EN. ->" One for Sorrow"
E P I L O U G E /MIKE'S WEDDING
☆ BONUS CHAPTER ☆

TWENTY-THREE/ "S.O.S"

186 4 2
By PevensieDreams

*Trigger warning : Mentions of abuse and neglect. Rewatched this episode recently (once again. I randomly find myself watching this show whenever I'm bored or not writing) and now that I'm older, Kingsley was the worst but her mum was awful. She did the same thing in s6 and I hated Ms Jackson for what she did. It's also strange seeing him cos of the episode in s8 where she sorta gets her happy ending. Idk I just never like how the only person in that family who actually cared was Luke. Anyway, that's all I gotta say.  xx*

TWO WEEKS LATER

S1 ep 4.

TODAY, IN THE AFTERNOON; GINA WAS DRIVING TO Jody's new house with Tyler, Carmen and Indigo. She had previously moved back with her mum and brothers after they'd gotten out of prison. The slightly older brunette changed her mind about staying with Nadine because it was a lot for her too handle so Amira allowed her to stay at home this week instead of doing the trial run. She was thankful for that choice actually. Lily had visited as well the previous week, at first she wasn't happy with her dad and his (ex) girlfriend having a baby but in the end she learnt to accept it. She now has a half brother called Jonah. There was also a space filled for someone else to move in since they had a room available.

"Here, quick! pull over! pull over!"
Tyler excitedly rushed the older woman when arriving at the neighbourhood the Jacksons were living at. "Alright, alright!" she peacefully said as she took her time to park the car. "Quick, hurry up" he urged just whilst it was being parked. "Nice house" he somewhat complimented whilst they got out.

"It's looks..."
Indigo begun to say as she adjusted her black and white beanie, she couldn't find a way to describe it. "I'm literally lost for words and not the good kind" she uttered, not liking the sight of the building.

Carmen was just as in shock. "I still can't believe you let her go back." she confronted Gina out of disbelief, looping her arm through Indigo's. "It wasn't my decision." she told her. "Still, you could've done something to try and stop it."

Around that same timing; Tyler had found a stick and was using it to whack a random piece of furniture with it. "Tyler, put that down" Gina scolded him whereas he kept holding onto it. "You never know what might be in there" was all he replied with yet went to put it down.

Just then, a door on the opposite side of the road had opened. "Carmen! Indi! Tyler! Gina! what you doing over there? THIS is my house." Jody shouted once she saw them. She had her hair done in pigtails and was wearing a long sleeved white dress. The four then crossed the road, Gina telling the kids to be careful as she checked for cars. " Carmen , Indi, do you like my new dress?" she asked the older girls.

"Yeah! it's very cute"
Indigo replied first whilst her and Carmen approached. "I love it, come on show us in!" she told Jody as she lead them into the blue front door, taking ahold of their hands."Mum, they're here!" she shouts while they were entering. "We've got pop and crips and three kinds of biscuits!" she informed the duo, lightly dragging them to the kitchen. "That's so cool" she beamed knowing how much she loved having the chocolate ones.

"Wow!"
Carmen gushed in a similar tone and Tyler caught up to them. "Alright, Jody, let them get in the door first." Ms Jackson said to her youngest who was super excited about having her friends over.

"Do you like my new house?"
Jody asked, ignoring her mum. "It's amazing" " I love it" Indigo and Carmen say , admiring it. She then introduced one of her brothers. "That's my brother, Luke." she points at the older boy in the living room. He gave a short greeting but seemed too be busy. New house, new furniture, new everything."

"The council rehoused us, after all the trouble we had with the neighbours and that" Mrs Jackson says to Gina whilst the kids were being shown around. She didn't say a lot in response, she was still quit wary about her. "Come and look at my new room" Jody rushingly said to Carmen and Indigo, not letting go of either's hands as she took them to the stairs whereas Tyler was in the kitchen getting a few snacks. "Okay" they both say, allowing her to take them there. "Do you want go through?" she asked nicely.

Tyler was taking a handful of the cheese puffs when Jody yelled out "Hurry up, Tyler!" from upstairs. "What's the matter, do they not feed you?" her mum jokingly questioned him as he went to the top floor. Gina didn't find it funny and gave her a concerned look.

"I've got new everything. It's much better than my room at the Dumping ground."
Jody gleefully compared as she showed Carmen, Indigo and Tyler to her bedroom. "This is my new room!" she spun around while they looked at it.

"Eurgh, too much pink! my eyes!"
Joked Indigo while she reached for a pair of sunglasses out of her cream handbag. "Cool! is that a doll house?" she questions in awe, going over to the opened up toy, sitting crossed legged. For some reason, she's always been interested in them. She doesn't know why.

"Wow.. it's gorgeous."
Admired Carmen keeping her laughter in seeing how Indi went to check out the doll house. "Kingsley brought everything." That made the two share uncomfortable looks with another. "Your big brother Kingsley? the one you were.." she started to say only to get cut off. "He's being nice now." Jody told her and Indigo whom carried on playing with the set up.

"You have a new phone!"
Shockingly exclaimed Tyler when seeing a bunch of boxes by the dressing tables and a shiny device, rushing to it. "Latest model. " Jody said as he was looking at it. "That's not fair. Mike's still saying I'm not allowed one because I'm not 'responsible enough'" he mocked his words, crossing his arms.

Indigo laughed at the boys grumpiness, turning around slightly. "I don't know why you're laughing, it isn't that funny" he replied in offence. Yes it is." she disagreed through her giggles. "Can't believe it went for a swim" she continued, facing the other way.

"That's because you dropped yours down the toilet." Carmen added onto the reasoning on why Tyler's not allowed a mobile. "It was meant to be waterproof..." he says the pair of them, being annoyed but went back on the phone. "So, what've you been doing, then? made any new friends?" she asked while she went to sit on the pink covered bed.

"Not yet. But I'll still be seeing all of you, won't I?" Jody replied, wondering about the visits. "Yeah, course." she surely tells her. "Look, I brought you some presents. Some of my old stuff" she took out a few jewellery along with feather boas. Tyler had joined Indigo in playing with the mini dolls for about ten minutes as she'd taken one of the scarfs. "Wow, feather boas!" she gloated, wearing it. "Do you like them?" Carmen asks. "Yeah!" she responded, admiring how it looked. "I'll wear them all of the time." she thanked her and went for a hug.

Downstairs, Gina was having a chat with her mum while the tv was on in the background. " Ta"
she thanked MsJackson who'd given her a cup of tea. "So,erm, how's Jody settling in?" she asked her. "Fine. Brilliant." the blonde shortly replied, after she took a sip of her own. "Um, you might find that she has trouble sleeping at first." she warned her. "She sleeps like a baby." she got told. She didn't trust that at all. "Okay.."

"I know what it was like before..but I had lessons when I was in prison- parenting classes." Ms Jackson tells Gina. " Hey, you know im not judging you." she assured her. "Its going to be diffrent now...better. And Luke's apllying to college, to do drawing." she mentions just as someone had parked their car. "Graphic desgin." he corrected her around the same timing that her other oldset walked in. She froze up a little yet continued talking. " So the social don't need to worry no more." she weirdly spoke.

The person who'd arrived was Kingsley. The first oldest child. "What's this? An inspection?" He questioned when walking in, surprised to see they had guests. "Come to catch us out?" He gained a stern look from Gina, she was suspecting something wasn't right. "No. This is the lady from the care home. I said she was coming..." his mother reminded him although she sounded quit frightened of him. He wasn't expecting anyone to be there. "So what you think of our Jody then?" He pretended to be nice even though he was probably mad about it.
"I think she's..." She nearly got to say. "– Doing great, isn't she?" He cut her off from speaking. "Back where she belongs."

Gina wasn't too sure of the atmosphere she was getting. She didn't like how he talked over but didn't say anything. Afterwards, he went upstairs leaving them be.

Jody and Carmen were taking turns with using a dance mat whilst Indigo had been recording a stop motion movie on her miniature cannon camera testing out the lighting. She was having too much fun with the dolls and she made a mental reminder in her head to do some online shopping later. Tyler was still checking out the new device playing a game on it.

"You're really good at this Jody"
Carmen complimented her as they stepped onto the star styled buttons. " I love when you're all here!" she express as it was her turn. "Aww" she awed when one of her brothers approached the bright room.

"Monkey?"
Kingsley's voice appeared out in the corridor. He didn't know any of her friends were there as well, he thought it was just the social worker. Walking in, they all stopped what they were doing. "I was calling ya" he firmly spoke to Jody. "Sorry" she nervously apologised. "Been showing your mates all your new toys?" He asked in a cold manner. "Yeah" she shortly answered. ".. Bet you don't get any new gear like this at the kids home, do ya?"

Indigo pulled an unlikeable facial expression at the not doing subtle judgement. What was it with people judging them? They were all regular human beings. Nothing else. She begun to place her camera into her bag and stood up once she was done, looking directly at her hands.

"Yeah..."
Carmen slowly responded to Kingsley's judgement. She was also feeling uncomfortable now that the three of them had met him for the first time.

"But no new phones"
Tyler murmured.

"You're a lucky girl, ain't yeah?"
Kingsley continued to speak coldly toward Jody. "Yeah" she replies, taking a step backwards from him. It was obvious she was scared of him but no one couldn't say anything at the minute. " What else has she told you?" he questions.

"Nothing.."
Carmen wearily responded. Tyler and Indigo kept quiet. "Good. Think it's time for you to go" he instructed even though it hadn't been long. "Wh-already?" she quizzes. "Yeah, we got family stuff planned. Like the social worker said, we've got to do more things together" he tells her.

"'Family stuff'"
softly mumbled Indigo in suspicion. "Sure" she lowered her tone when she spoke, not making any eye contact. She didn't trust one of the brothers at all. That was clearly a lie.

Jody sent the pink and red haired girl a look saying to stop talking. "But they haven't been here long. " she says in an innocent tone. Kingsley didn't care that much. "Family comes first." He said, although he wasn't being very friendly nor kind. "Right?" he changed his tone. "Right" she sadly agreed.

Tyler and Indigo were the first to leave whereas Carmen stayed behind for a minute. "See you later Jody." She bid her a goodbye, sending a glare as she walked out. "Bye" she says in a low voice, following after her.

"Thanks for the tea."
Gina gave a warm hearted smile to Ms Jackson while she was outside. "Glad you could come." She remarked. "Well, you know, Jody enjoys seeing her friends." She confirms. "Um, yeah, I was thinking.. maybe it's best that we don't do this again." Her mother strangely mentioned. "Sorry?"

"It's just that, Jody's doing so well, that I don't want to distrust her"

"Well, it's just that it's good- occasional contact. "

"But she lives here now. With her real family." Kingsley stepped into the discussion. The kids we're still distracted to notice what was going on. " And we don't want her mixing with the care kids anymore. I mean, thanks for looking after her but you're jobs done now." Gina didn't know what to think of him, she became aware of how Indi wore a look of disgust then acted like she hadn't heard him. She was too stunned to even speak - she found it really rude. "Jody, in you come!" He stopped the conversation.

"Yes Kingsley."
Obeyed Jody, finishing talking with Tyler, Indigo and Carmen whom found his attitude odd as well. She ran inside and her mother began to close the door on them. They each walked back to the car driving back to the house gloomily.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Once back at home, Gina was speaking to Mike about what happened. "Didn't want her mixing with the care kids? Can you believe that?" she re used Kingsley's words. "Ironic. Isn't it! when you think of the state she was in when she first came here. Does she seem happy?" he asked her. "I don't know. Her mum's saying all the right things. " she begun to say.

"So?"
Mike questioned in response trying to see the problem. "So why don't they want us to see her?" Gina remarked. "Clean break, wants to try and to forget that her child was in care?" he listed a few reasons. I don't know. It didn't seem right, y'know!" she conflicted in dismay. "It's her mums call, I'm afraid. There's not a lot we can do" he reasoned.

Over in the kitchen; the kids were all chatting as usual whereas Gus and Tyler were using wooden objects to see if he could create a new way to communicate. "What are you guys making?" Asked Rick when he walked up to them. "A morse code telegraph machine." he answered without looking at him.

"Because Mike won't let Tyler have a new phone" Cheekily gloated Harry.

"Yeah! but morse code is more quicker than texting" Tyler debated to him earning three responses of disagreement from Johnny. "No way!" he disagreed with his debate. "Gus?" he calls in for back up.

Gus started to tell them some information. "On March thirteenth, 2005, in a challenge between two retired Morse code operators and two teenagers with mobile phones, the morse code was 18 seconds faster." he said to them. "What did the message say then?" Faith asked him. "'I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.'"

"That's why they were so slow- probably died of boredom!" Joked Elektra which earned a light laugh from some of the others.

"Come on then. We'll challenge you."
Brightly challenged Johnny as he took out his phone to test the proof. "It takes years of training." Gus rejected him.

Suddenly, there was a few knocks causing Mike to go see who could possibly be visiting them. They've just seen Jody so it couldn't be her.. "Alright! I'm coming! hang on." he responded whilst going to open the front door.It was in fact the youngest Jackson. "Pay the taxi, would you Mike?" she rushed in, handing him one of her bags, taking her shoes off. "Hang on!" he calls to the driver going to Puy whoever had dropped her off. "Hey guys, look who showed up out of the blue" he announced when walking into the room.

"Hey Jods"
Indigo greeted the girl although she it was quit surprising to see her again. "Why didn't either of you ring me?" Jody asked her and Carmen. "We did?" she replied in confusion, opening up her hello kitty cased Samsung going onto her recents.

" we tried to but your mum said you were out." Carmen added onto the response. "When?" Jody questioned the duo."I don't know. We tried a couple times" she tells her, sharing a look of suspicion towards Indigo whom gave her a gesture saying she had no clue.

"She didn't tell me"
Frowned Jody as she placed her traveler bag down. "I would've phoned, if I actually had one!" Cried Tyler with a hint of jealousy.

"Maybe, you know, your mum just wanted to make sure you'd settled in first?" Guessed Gina although she didn't think so. "She was lying, basically" Johnny suspected. "Hey, I didn't say that."

"Does your mum know you're here now?"
Mike wondered. "Yeah" she subtly lied to him. Faith noticed how full the bag looked. "Looks like you're packed for a month" she spoke afterwards, looking at it oddly."Gina, I think we might need to make a few phone calls. " he started to get up and Gina followed after him.

Soon as the adults were leaving, they all continued with the chatters asking her how she was. Jody waited until Mike and Gina weren't in the room anymore. "Frank, get the door"she instructed. "Okay.." Frank slowly replied, going to close it just as a choruses of questions got made. "Why, what's going on?" each of her friends ask. "I've got presents." she told everyone, opening the bag. "Awesome" Cheerfully Beamed Johnny as each of them got up from their seats going to see what she'd got. The first gift was a dinosaur. "This is for you, Harry." she begun to say, passing it on. "Where'd you get that lot?" he asked her out of amazement. "Like my brother says ' Ask no questions and I'll tell no lies'" she quoted.

Quincy scrunched up her face when she heard that. "Is that even legal?"
she questioned first. She wasn't sure if she wanted anything to do with stolen goods. She knows what it was like to be in position of someone's illegal belongings, she made that mistake at the age of fourteen. The guy was slightly older than her.

"So, basically, they're nicked?"
Elektra also asked Jody, not trusting it either. "I don't know. But don't tell Mike and Gina." She unsurely replied to both of their questions. She shrugged her shoulders, not caring either way.

"I think this is for sporty people"
Jody gave the next present to Faith. It was an excise watch. "Thanks Jode!" she perkily thanked her as she took ahold of it. "I've got a camera" she passed it onto Johnny whom looked at it in awe. "Some Mp4s." she handed to Elektra and she gladly collected it off of her. "Yes!" she cheered going to open the pair of boxes. She had a few torches at the bottom."I don't know if anybody wants these?" she wondered.

"That would be great for morse code."
Accepted Gus whilst him and Tyler took the torches.

"Are you sure about this, Jody?"
Tyler questioned mainly because he didn't want to get her into trouble with Kingsley.

"Yeah"
Jody quickly answered around the same timing that Rick picked out something from the bag. "Did Kingsley get all this?" Carmen gave another question. "Yeah." she responded in a shorter manner. "And he knows about it?" she pushes, not knowing how to feel about it. "Erm.. I've got this one for you." she handed a brand new tablet. "Are you serious?" she quizzed. "Why?"

"I thought you forgot about me. I thought everybody had" Jody truthfully admits. Indigo gave her a look of sincere, her eyes were watering up a bit. "Never" she tells her as she went to stand next to tee. "Don't be a div" Reassured Carmen, giving her a side hug.

Johnny came up to the roommates holding a spare camera box. "Do you want this?" he asked Tee. "Not if it's stolen, I don't." she severely judged. "We don't know that" he said. "Give it to Tyler. He's only got a torch"
he got suggested thus he went across the room to give it over.

"Thanks Jody"
Half of the residents thanked her. The only people who didn't have any presents were Tee, Indigo, Quincy (though she sneaked an Mp4 just to try it out) and Ryder. "Hide them in your rooms. " Instructed Jody while she zipped the bag closed. "Oh, I just remembered I got you a kit of wool and knitting needles. Here you go Indi" she handed her the last gift as nearly everybody begun going to their rooms.

"Aw thanks. You didn't have to, "
Awed Indigo, taking the silver tinned box and the needles. She could start sewing a new jumper or even something else that wasn't clothes. "You coming Tee?" she questions as she saw she wasn't leaving with all of them. "I'll be there in a few minutes" Tee briefly responded but didn't sound like herself. "O-okay. See ya" she paused a little yet acted as if she wasn't worried, catching up with Jody and Carmen.

Heading to Carmen's bedroom, the three of them were then using the tablet she'd gotten using a silly filter on the video camera. Jody was wearing an animal hat which had gloves on. "I'm going to eat you!" she jokingly spoke, pretending to attack her and Indigo who was already using the new wool. "Careful!" the Howel girl said to her just when someone knocked. "Wait!" she yells thinking it might've been either of the care workers, shoving it by her.

"It's only me"
Tee chimed, slowly opening the door walking in. Carmen let out a sigh of relief seeing that it wasn't who she thought. "Watcha doing?" she asks, sitting on the spare bed. "I've been filming Jody." she replied then took a look at the video she'd taken bursting into laughter. "Can I see?"

Indigo stopped knitting seeing that she could practically smell the bad tension forming between her best mates. "Let's not start a fight..." she warned quietly, not feeling like being the one to be the peace maker. "Can I wear this?" she asked Jody whom replied with "Sure" she gladly handed the hat to her and she adjusted it on her head so it could fit properly.

"You sure?"
Carmen questioned Tee in a cold tone, ignoring what Indigo said. "I mean, this could've been stolen for all you know, remember!" she quoted her words. "Let's try again. Let me find it" she opened up another filter they could use whereas she begun to walk out starting to feel left out.

"Tee"
Indigo calls for the blonde within a hint of guilt while she got up from where she sat handing the hat back to Jody taking the knitting kit with her, hiding it behind her when she heard Gina's voice outside of the room. She plastered a forced smile as they walked past her. She kept her gift well hidden, she didn't even ask her what she was hiding.

Gina wore a puzzled look as she went by Tee and Indigo. She thought one was acting weird but didn't dare question it. "I'm in here!" Jody yelled back in response after hearing her name be called. Carmen placed the tablet away and she entered when it wasn't in view. "Jody, I've just come off the phone to your mum. You didn't tell her you were coming here, did you?" she questioned her because she already had a hunch. She didn't get much of a reply. "It's all right, I'll take you back later yeah?Is that okay?"

Jody became hesitant at the thought. "I don't want to go home. I want to say here.. on respite, like Lily." she implied. "But, I thought you liked being with your family? things not going well?" Gina wondered curiously. "No.. I just miss my friends" she says though she was kind of onto her. "Is that all, babe?" she gave another question but she covered her herself with the animal hat not wanting to answer anymore.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

"There's defiantly something she's not telling us" Highly suspected Gina when she'd gone back to speak with Mike privately. "It's a big change for her, Gina" he disbelieved, taking down some papers off of the notice board. "It was always going to be hard for her to adjust." he tells her, moving to a cabinet. "So why aren't we taking more time huh? look how much time we spent putting Lily back with her dad. " she brought up.

"This was always going to be a temporary arrangement while her mum was in prison."
Mike continues taking. He thought there wasn't anything wrong over in that particular household. "Why are you making excuses?" she asked out of annoyance. "We don't know if anything happened. I can't approach the social worker on a hunch."

"Her mum didn't even know she was missing. She thought she was playing in her room, not taking a taxi across town."

"Alright. One night."
Gave in Mike seeing as he couldn't fight the battle. "You'll speak to rob?" wondered Gina. "I'll phone her mum. We'll keep her here and Rob can sort it all out tomorrow morning" he requested, handing her a folder, leaving the office.

In the living room nearly everybody was using the gifts they'd gotten, sitting in silence. At this point, Ryder had his headphones on as he played a new game on his console trying to get past a level he'd gotten stuck on. Today was one of those off days when he wasn't in the mood to talk. He'll only do so if it's urgent or a phone call or if someone needed him for something.

Indigo and Tee were sat by the main sofa near the double doors. Instead of knitting she was on google looking for a fairly priced doll set she could order. She was watching tv and nobody dared to break the silence. They spent half of noon hanging out because she felt pretty upset. She did everything she could to cheer her up.

Quincy was sat with Faith and Elektra whom currently came up with a trick on sharing the earphones for the both of them. If she were to be really honest, she wasn't listening to the song that played on low volume - she had her attention on a sketch she started in the middle of the night due to not being able to sleep. She was also trying her best to look at the watch at the same time.

Carmen and Jody then walked in after having a talk with Gina. "There might be some chocolate biscuits in there" she surely commented when they entered, going to sit down. "Oh, luckily" she hopefully thought while sitting in the space next to Tee and Indigo.

"I hope you're not expecting your room back, because Faith has already moved in. "
Elektra suddenly broke the silence they were in once she saw those two enter. "That's how you show your gratitude is it?" Carmen asked her, using a less kind tone.

"Like we'll have any say in the matter. "
Uttered Faith as she wasn't looking at the watch for a short minute then went back to looking at it.

"I don't mind sharing, anymore."
Jody truthfully spoke. "Really?" Quizzed Carmen. She just shook her head 'no'.

"You can stay with us if you want"
Tee offered to her. "Carmen's got the extra bed. " bluntly turned down Jody and took the remote from her, changing the channel. "Jody, I was watching that." she scoffed. "Jody's get our guest now. She gets first pick" the lighter brunette replies smugly. She sent an annoyed glance to Indigo whom didn't know what to do at that point. Since it was nearly time for bed, she got off the sofa going to get ready.

Indigo decided she might as well do her daily routine she does before going to sleep. The day had been at a slow paste and not a lot of interesting events occurred - expect for meeting the rest of the Jacksons for the first time ever. She still had the lie Kingsley told them circling around her head. What family plans? why did he seem so urgent on stopping the visit?. She needed answers. And why did he not want anyone visiting anymore?. Those were her thoughts for tonight as she headed up to the girls bathroom waiting out in the corridor till it became free. This investigation called for a role of Nancy Drew. And a little Sherlock Holmes. She wasn't giving up that easily on finding out the truth.

ੈ ੈ♡‧ ੈ♡‧ ੈ♡‧

*

Later in the evening at around midnight or so, Gus and Tyler were testing out the torches whilst everyone else was probably asleep. (or at least trying to). "The point about morse code is, it can be done with anything with an on or off signal, making it the simplest form of communication."he explained to him as the lights brightly shone.

"So, short is dot and long is dash?"
Tyler asked in a way to understand. "We have to go through the alphabet- go to the end of the corridor"Gus went further into the explanation and they were going to see if it could work or not. "Okay" he walked towards the stairs then stood there, pressing onto the torches button repeatedly. "Tango Lima to Golf Charlie- target in position" he used a loud voice as it flashed.

"That's not the alphabet!"
Corrected Gus, squinting his eyes due to getting blinded by the flickering light opposite him. Less than a second later a door swung open revealing a ticked off Elektra who got bothered by their yelling. "If you two don't shut up, I'm going to throw those torches out of the window and you with them" she threatened when she lifted him by his pyjama shirt therefore let go afterwards. He didn't want to get on her bad side even more which is why he moved away from her quickly. Tyler's light was still switched on although not for long because she got him to turn it off and they each scrambled into their rooms.

"Thanks for doing that"
Indigo thanked Elektra tiredly when she had stepped out of her room for a minute. She was reading before she falls asleep and could hardly hear her own thoughts as she read. "You're welcome." she accepted the kindness thus they closed their doors and she climbed back into her bed, reading under the covers.

That lot weren't the only people awake either. Carmen and Jody were up as well both either reading or using the tablet."Ooh, someone got on the wrong side of Elektra!" she mocked, putting it away. "So, what's it really like living at home?" she asked mainly out of concern because she was still worried. "It's different to before"she responded in honesty. "In a good way?"

"No one scrubs me anymore."
Jody continues speaking while she closed the book she was reading. "I remember living with my mum. It was fun, some of the time.. when she didn't have a boyfriend. She kept saying how she wanted me back, but she didn't really" Mentioned Carmen. "My mum was sick of kids by the time I came along. She said I was an accident. " she sadly stated.

"But your brother said you had family stuff planned? like what?"
Suspiciously questioned Carmen because she wanted to get to the bottom of the mystery too. There wasn't much of a reply from Jody. "So what do you and your mum do?" she threw in another one. "Nothing. She just watches telly. " she confesses. "What about your brothers?"

Jody became a bit hesitant once again at the mentions of her older siblings. "Luke's a laugh. Once we went out for pizza, and you could have as much ice cream as you want" she tells her happily. "And.. Kingsley, is it? he got you that phone didn't he?" she was more fidgety when Carmen brought the eldest up. "He took it back. He says I don't deserve anything nice. He says I'm always in his face and never stop yapping" she carries on talking. "Really?" she questions. "It's when his mates are round. All shouting and yelling and driving their cars."

"Doesn't your mum stop them?" "She's too scared"

"Your mum's scared of him?.. does.. Kingsley ever hurt you?" Carmen nervously asked. "If he did I'd smash his face in" The younger girl got up in a defensive manner then relaxed afterwards. She got out of her duvets. "Look, if... Mike was to talk to Rob, you might not have to go back." she somewhat suggested to her.

"Do you think?"
Jody perked. "Well, when living at home doesn't work out, they're supposed to do something about it. And you could still see your mum on visits." she surely claimed. "But Mike and Gina could look after me here?" she goes over the suggestion, thinking it would go well. "Exactly"

After they talked things out, they both had fallen asleep once it'd gone past twelve o'clock. Tomorrow was going to be a new day where it should hopefully be like as they planned.

ੈ♡‧ ੈ♡‧ ੈ♡‧ ♡‧

THE NEXT DAY Johnny was taking pictures with the camera he'd gotten whilst everybody else was doing their own thing. Tee happened to be on watch duty out in the corridor. She hadn't touched any of the stolen objects and she planned on keeping it that way. "Say 'I'm a punk loser!" he basically took an unexpected picture of Indigo when she looked up from the book she was reading. She just gave him a scrunched up look simply because she wasn't ready. "Why are you dressed like a detective anyway?" he asked, seeing she wore a olden day kind of outfit.

"Firstly, that's my thing. You copied me"
Childishly begun Indigo, placing a bookmark on the newer page she got up to, remembering how she gave Tracy a surprise photo on her first day. "Secondly, I'm getting into the role of Nancy Drew
and Sherlock. I'm trying to solve a mystery"

"What kinda mystery?"
Ryder also asked the young Walsh while he approached her and Johny, holding the football in his hands. Indigo looked at both secretly in a way of saying she won't spill anything. "That's for me to know. And for you two to find out later" she tapped onto the bridge of her nose, taking out her sewing kit. "So secretive. I wonder where you get that from?" he joked, throwing the ball into the air and then caught it before ruffling her hair.

Indigo smacked Ryder's hand off the top of her head, wearing a grumpy expression. "Go away"
she huffed sorting out the mess he created. He simply cackled at her reaction walking to the other side of the living room. Opposite her, Jody and Carmen were using the tablet though she had no interest in the device at all. She knew she got her secretive side from Mari, it was no surprise there really.

By the computer, Tyler and Gus were still figuring out a way to communicate in code. "L! lobster?" he went over a few random words, guessing at what he was saying. Johnny's camera went off as he took a picture of them. "Loony?" he gave another go. "Losers!" he chirped.

"have you two actually managed a whole word yet?" Asked Elektra whom was using one of the MP3 players, sitting in the arm chair by Gus. The flash went off again all because she'd gotten her picture taken resulting to her to throw a pillow.

Johnny dodged the throw and almost almost got one of Quincy with Rick too though she wore a stern look. "Walk away" she instructed then he went to where Tee stood. "Smile, Tee!" he pressed onto the button whereas he only got the side of her mainly due to not wanting a photo. "Here, you have a go, I'll keep guard for a bit." he offered, removing the strap that was around his neck, handing it over. "I don't want a go" she rejected. "It's really cool. It's got a proper zoom lens and everything- like Indi's one." he gloated turning to take a new pic but gasped suddenly once seeing Gina causing him to rush in.

Those who had the gifts out begun to hide the objects when the older Taylor gave a look to everyone, acting as if no one was using belongings that wasn't theirs. "Pfft- Karma's gonna get you lot in the backside soon if you keep being strange" Snickered Quincy whilst she was playing a song on Rick's old guitar. "Lately, I've been, I've been loosing sleep" she sang, changing chords.

"Dreaming about the things, that we could be"
Rick sang along to the tune that Quincy played. It were very rare for them to have enough time to sing together so this was a peaceful moment for them. "Lemme see that for a minute" he nicely requires and she handed it over to him. He gave the strings a few strums, adjusting the key. "There. All sorted, it was out of tune a bit" he gave it back after tuning it properly. They carried on with the chorus.

"What was that, that Johnny had?"
A concerned Gina asked Tee as she approached her out in the corridor. "Nothing" she lied, blocking the doors. "What's going on?" she pushed further trying to take a look inside. "Presents." Tee said to her but then she realised her mistake and came up with a cover. "Erm, everyone is present and correct." she nervously changed her response turning round. Tyler was now using the football that Ryder had whilst Gus kept the torch close by him. She didn't ask anymore questions thus walked up to where Jody, Carmen , Indigo and Johnny were sat."Jody? Rob's here with your mum. " she announces.

Carmen held Jody's hand comfortingly seeing she became a bit worried. She let go off the touch, nervously walking towards Gina. She waited until the pair had gone into the quiet room to say something. "Well done keeping watch, Tee(!)" she told her within sarcasm.

"Well, I gave a sign!"
Responded Tee using an obvious tone, recreating the signal she made with her hands.

♡‧ ੈ♡‧ ੈ♡‧ ♡‧

In the meeting room Mike was speaking with Rob and Ms Jackson. "She just needs time to settle." he started to say to both adults while someone else hid behind the social worker.

"Jody, sit down." Instructed Rob therefore he moved out of the way only to reveal Kingsley whom had been facing the other way for the past minute then faced everyone else when he was ready. Gina gave Jody a reassuring look knowing she were scared of him but didn't dare to speak unless it was needed. She took a seat next to her mum quietly. "Now.. I've spent this morning with your mam and your brothers and it seems things are taking a while to settle down."

"I shouldn't have snapped at you, Jodes. It's just not easy coming out of prison, trying to earn a living" Fake apologised Kingsley which Gina certainly wasn't buying the act. Of course it was a hard time in there, she's seen one of her own kids arrive from the youth centre all roughed up- it's just as tough; but that doesn't mean it's fair to be really harsh on someone.

"We have to keep working at it, don't we?"
Questions their mother in response although she wasn't acting very normal. "Get used to being a family again." she gave a weird expression to Jody like she was gesturing she shouldn't try anything funny. "Does that mean I have to go home?" she worriedly asks.

"We want you to come and see us. It's just.. this isn't your home anymore." Concluded Mike into the situation. He wasn't seeing any of the signs at all. "But it can be, Carmen said that-" she almost to got to say whereas Rob cut her off from speaking. "-Okay, Jody, let's have a little chat in the office on our own. " he requested.

"Don't take too long, yeah?" Kingsley instructed to the younger child and then their mother spoke afterwards. "I just want you to come home now. Don't want no more fuss." she used the same odd voice as be before when she talked.

Jody was against the whole private talk. "It's okay.. there's nothing I want to say." she told the adults although it was quit clear there was something on her mind but she couldn't mention anything. It was soon time for her to leave. "Right, Let's go then. Have you got everything you came with?" Questioned Kingsley just to make sure she knew that he had a clue of the objects going missing. "Best check, eh? you know what you're like! picking up other people's stuff." he directly acknowledged and she became even more anxious than she already had been. Once the meeting was done, she ran to the living room going to instantly warn everyone. "I've got to go home." she announced. "What?" Responded Carmen in a stressed out tone as she got up. " Kingsley's here. He knows about the presents.I didn't think he'd realise"

Indigo felt her heart drop as soon as she was about to re open her book for more tips. "How?" she wondered, wiping her sweaty palms onto her outfit. "I swear older siblings must have hidden supper powers or something" she tried making a joke yet she was extremely terrified. "I don't know. He just does" Replied Jody, looking at her direction and she sunk into the chair.

"In that case we need to box everything back up as if it was new." Structured Carmen but her idea got a negative responsive from Elektra. "What? you can't just give back presents, even if they are nicked." she informs her. "Elektra, just do it!" she demanded.

"Shoot, the kits upstairs... I'll go get it."
Panicked Indigo, standing up quickly and ran out of there in the fastest speed she's ever done since sports day. The minute she got to her and Tee's room she kicked her door open, rushing in trying to remebr where she placed it the night before. She moved to the middle of the carpet placing her hands on her hips looking around. "Hmm.. WWNDASHD?" she asks herself and wore a cute pout as she thought of what her fave detectives would do. She made took two steps forward, moving to the light pink desk they shared then made a triangle shape like she were imagining one of those notice boards with coloured strings on, pretending to take a string off. "So, you were using it yesterday, wearing the glove hat while Carmen was recording a video.. Gina came in causing us to act like nothing happened-" she turned round taking a glance at their beds. She held up her thumb in front of her, closing her right eye whilst she made a direction of the hidden spot, walking towards it.

Her next move was to do a high kick with a little spin as she jumped onto the duvet landing in the piled up teddy bears she'd placed for whenever she would've practised her spy skills randomly and needed a soft place to land. She towered over them, looking underneath the spacing where she kept most of her unread books. There, she saw a bright clear box with the needles sticking out of it. "There you are" she grinned once seeing soon picking it up, accidentally falling on her side. She groaned a little but got up not bothering to check if she'd broken anything or grazed her knee. "No time for stalling!" she gasped thus ran to Carmen's room getting there without tripping over the carpet.

Down the hall, Tee was keeping watch incase anyone tried walking in when the others happened to be packing a few extra objects away. "Why are you all sweaty?" she instantly asked Indigo once she approached her. "I was looking for this" she held up the sewing kit. "Ah, I see. You're allowed in" she accepted and moved from the door frame to let her in.

"I feel sick" Jody mainly said to Carmen and ran to the bathroom with her chasing after the girl, calling her name as she did. They've packed nearly everything into her travelling bag apart for the tablet that was by it.

Tee seemed too had noticed the sealed box, clearly coming up with a plan on how she would take it without anyone realising. She'd forgotten Indigo was there as well whom saw how suspicious she looked. "Tee.." she slowly begun and kept watch incase someone came back. "I'm just taking a look" she told her whist tiptoeing to the spare bed, picking it up."I'm not gonna keep it." she strongly assured her roomie.

Indigo wasn't too convinced. "Don't believe you. Just.. put it away when you're done okay?" she instructed and she put the sewing kit inside with all the other gifts. "Yeah, I will" Responded Tee but she had a bad feeling she wasn't going to and that sickened her. The duo left when they were done, joining everybody else by the stairs watching Jody go home. She didn't like the atmosphere the Jacksons were giving, it was very uncomfortable for her.

_____________________________

Even though he had nothing to do with the stolen goods, Ryder felt sick to his stomach as they all stood by the stairs giving cold stares. No one deserved to be treated badly by their own family it just wasn't right at all. For him; it kind of brought back some bad memories of when he lived with his dad and his potential step mum. Sometimes neither could look after him and it lead him to having failed grades, missing homework, partying etc etc and that lead to being kicked out - leading him to meeting a crew of trouble makers who were trying to make a living. Not once did he ever think he'd experience the feeling again.

Sensing how tensed up Ryder became, Quincy rested her hand onto his arm comfortingly. She knows quit a few about his past and she did her best in keeping him calm. She also got a queasy feeling in her body although that was mainly because she was astonished by the fact someone's mother let it all happen. Sooner or later she felt a bag brush past her and she saw it were only the youngest member of the household walking by.

By now; Kingsley was aware that nearly everyone there hated him - the kids especially. He didn't care, he was just focused on being the man in charge taking 'care' of his family. Jody came down the stairs barely saying anything as she walked over to him throwing the carrier by his feet. "I'm packed" she shortly told him. "Come on then, Monkey" he accepted it while getting up off the piano's stool going to the front door, stepping outside. A few of them followed so they could say goodbye but Tee stayed behind already starting to feel guilty. He packed all the bags into the boot, closing it once he was done. She begun to give hugs to her closest friends starting with Tyler. "Hurry up now" he urgently rushed her. She next gave one to Faith whereas he was becoming a bit impatient. "She's just coming" his mother nervously said seeing he wasn't giving enough time. "Get her in the car now" he demanded.

Ms Jackson thought they should at least wait until she'd done hugging everybody. "She's just.." she almost got to say expect he didn't allow it. "- In the car, now!" Kingsley demands once again just when there was a present being given.

"It's my old one. It's got no credit, but me and Indi will call you okay?" Carmen tells Jody as she gave her a phone she didn't need anymore. "Promise?" she hopefully asked the both of them whom had looks of awe on their faces. "We promise. Come here" she promised before her and Indigo gave a short hug then let go afterwards.

It was then Gina's turn for a final goodbye hug. "Be brave babes, yeah?" she calmly said whilst they hugged but it got stopped by her mother. "Come on baby, don't be silly. Thank you" she shortly thanked her, taking her child. She didn't react or say anything because it would make things worse. She'll have to wait until its the right time to.

"Come on, get in the car" Urged Ms Jackson as Jody sat in the backseat. "Put your bealt on. " she continued to speak, putting the seat back up into the normal postion. There were a few waves from Tyler, Indigo, Harry and Mike. Carmen gave a gesture that she'll call her. "All right?" she asks Kinsgley.

"Behave yourself now. Alright? see ya, kid"
Mike bidded her a goodbye and he got a small wave in return. The car then started to drive out of the main entrance and half of them stood there until it wasn't there anymore. It was pretty much a traditon at this point fof whenever someone leaves.

Indigo hated seeing people go. She espically hated that Rob was just standing by as everything went down. Hopefully things will get sorted out tomorrow, for now, she's got one other problem to deal with. As they were all heading inside, she instantly ran past everybody the sound of her feet hit the stairs quit loudly. She ran into her room again and she saw Tee standing by the window. Oh, did I mention they no longer had the red and green strips? yeah. She changed it to a blue floeer based wallpaper at the start of the year but she kept hers the same.

Hearing the door creak open made Tee jump as she moved to her bed. Luckily enough it was just Indi. "You scared me, I thought you were one of that lot" she nervously spokd when she realxed on it, reaching for the tablet she hid under her many pillows. "What, like Mike, Carmen or Gina?" she questioned. "Well, yeah." she admits whilst she held onto it.

"If i was, I would've knocked. Or even yelled" Laughed Indigo although her voice became shaky as she did. She wasn't in the mood for jokes at all, she still felt sick. "What you going to do with it?" she asked Tee, going to sit with her on the opposite side of the covers. "... You do realise if he notices this is missing he'll loose it" she reminds her.

"I know. That's why i'm regretting it"
Confesses Tee. She wasn't sure on what she'll do with the gadget but it wasn't helping that she felt really bad for taking it and now there wasn't a way to give it back. She twirled it around for a few minutes before handing it over. "You keep it, I don't want it" she fearfully spoke.

Indigo looked at her like she was crazy. And she was. "No, oh, no. I'm not keeping it!" she handed it back to Tee and got off the spot she was realxing on. "If this were a true mystery show we'd have our finger prints as prime eviedence. We'd be wanted for stealing- we'd call it the 'Walsh and Taylor show'" she hiccuped mid sentence which was something she hadn't done since she were about five or six. or even younger. "I'm gonna go shower" she told her, walking to their varity mirrror collecting her tolierty bag and towel from the side of it.

Tee knew there wasnt a way to reverse her stealing the gadget. She was also aware she'd have to confess the next day and she hoped someone had a good plan. "Alrighty." she whisperd, trying to decide on what she'll do with it. She had a lot to think about that night.

as those two were solving the mystery, Carmen was trying to phone jody but there wasn't any answer. "Come on Jody, pick up!" she comments to herself waiting for a reply. She didn't stay up any later and she had fallen asleep knowing she could try again in the morning. She tried a few more times when she'd woken up though there was still nothing. Something must've happened becase no matter how many tries to ring the spare phone it went into voice maill.

◇◇☆◇☆◇☆

*

COUPLE OF DAYS LATER ; Indigo was also seeing if she could get ahold of Jody but even then she wasnt answering her calls. "Nothing" she said just when she closed her phone around the same time that Carmen wasn't using hers. "This is really worrying" she adds, resting her palms onto her face. Today's outfit, she wore a polka dot dress and one of her summer hats including a white jacket to go along with it.

"He probably found her phone." Suggested Tyler within an annoyed tone. Frank was sat opposite him."Or dropped it down the toilet." he threw into the suggestion."It's easily done." he conforms.

Indigo glanced at Tee whilst she took a sip out of the cup she was holding. She told her the previous nights it would get worse and now it has. She just gave her a look of pure guilt, hoping she wouldn't say anything. She picked onto the waffle she was avoiding thus took a small bite out of it despite still having the funny feeling in her stomach.

"Yeah, but what if something's happend?, something bad?" Guessed Carmen and the others all looked her way, listening to the discussion.

"Cos of her nicking Kingsley's gear?"
quizzed Tyler.

"We gave it all back, didn't we?"
Wondered Faith.

"He can still sell it though, that's the point"
begun Elektra in a duh way. "Its not like we broke anything." she finished off saying.

Tee finally spoke up. "Unless it didn't all go back, I mean, something could have gone missing" she gave away soon earning pyshcial face palm from Indigo at the table. That's one way to say it. "Missing?" asked Carmen causing her, Tyler and Frank to turn round. "Okay, I took the tablet. I'm sorry!" she rushingly conffesed to everyone. "What? when?" she went on with asking questions. "When Jody felt sick. I'm really sorry"

"So Kingsley could have been punshing Jody this whole time and you haven't said one word about it? how could you be so selfish?" Brutally questions Carmen as she moved to the counter where Tee was sitting. She then looked across to Indi whom stood beside her. "And you knew? why didn't you just tell us?" she carried on.

"I know, I know. But, we were both panicking and didn't think." Defended Indigo, adjusting her hat.
"What are we going to do?" Tyler asked. "I'll go to her house" Offered the blonde. She couldn't help but give her a unsure look.

"You don't know where she lives"
Responded Carmen rathrer quickly. Tyler had gotten an idea. "We can take her." he egarly told her. She turned it down. "Gina has already told me. Her mum didn't want anybody in that house" she continues, followed by Faith saying "And Kingsley knows what we all look like"

At that point, Ryder and Quincy had just walked in after they'd woken up later than usal. He had a lot on his mind so he wasn't able to sleep whereas she only got a few hours of rest due to keeping him distracted by reading an old diary she'd found. It was strange for him really, he's been sleeping well until those two days.

"So we need someone that none of Jody's family know." Planned Elektra when Lily also walked into the kitchen after those two. "Hey, guys" she greetd going to take banna from the fruit bowl. Each of the residents (bare Rick) all stared at her,Ryder and Quincy like they were the missing piece to the puzzle. " What?" she curiously asked.

"Don't tell me your dragging us into whatever this is" Complianed Ryder with his arms folded. There was no chance of him leaving the house for anything in the cold weather.

He was wrong. They had no choice but to go with Lily across town with a rescue plan. Him and Quincy were having a not so quiet argument as she rang the doorbell.

Ms Jackson unlocked the door when she heard the bell ring. There, she saw three unfamilar faces she didn't recgonise. "Hi, I'm lily.. these are my siblings. we're from down the road. Our mum sent us here to um, make friends with the new kid" she told her in a high pitched voice but she ended up telling the three there wss no one at home.

Carmen, Tyler, Tee and Indigo were hiding behind a yellow trash desposer. "Not in?" she requoted what Lily told them as she, Ryder and Quincy hid beside. "Maybe she's out of with her brothers." she suspcted. The group of seven looked directly to the window that had closed curtians blocking the view. She stood up to take a better look then, from another view Jody was also looking out. "Jody!" she shouts leading them to all duck.

"Carmen! shut up! her mum will hear you"
Lily snaps at her a little as she pulled her back down. "But what's she doing up there? why would her mum say she was out if she wasn't?" The Howel girl tried to think of a theory.

"Maybe she's grounded?"
Tyler questioned in theory.

"Even if she was, she wouldn't be peering outside, would she?" Replied Indigo, wearing a confused expression.

"Maybe she's hoping someone will see her"
Added Ryder into the lists of therioes. He really wished they were back at the house, his hoodie and jacket wasn't enough for the type of coldness. He was even wearing a long sleeved shirt yet he still felt cold.

Carmen had another thought. "Or her mum's hiding something. I bet she's been lying to Rob,just saying what he wanted to hear." she assumed, earning a point of agreement from Quincy."Okay, we'll tell Mike, then. " Lily surely clarifes. "What can he do? phone Rob?" she sassed.

They were running out of options until Tee spoke. "This is all my fault. " she blammed herself. "No, it's not." Reassured Quincy followed by Lily saying; "Look, we don't know that yet. Let's just think. What are going to do?" she thought out loud. They all begun to brainstorm.

Indigo grinned to herself, getting into action. "Wwtdgcd?" she rehstorically quizzes in a bubly tone. The others all looked at her oddly. "Huh?" they each say in unsion. "Ugh, what would the dumping ground crew do." she made it easier for everybody to understand. "Soo we'll stay here while you guys go in?" she simply planned. "Yeah, that's good" she got choruses of agreements.

So, Tyler, Carmen and Ryder were the ones to go into the house sneakily through the back gate. As they entered the tv was on in the living room meaning someone was in hardly noticing people were treaspassing. The kitchen wasn't clean like it was before and there were many flies everywhere. The three made it through the other entrance rushing to the blue wallpapered hallway. He peeked into the living room but then a phone rang causing Ms Jackson to go answer it whilst they were figuring out a plan to run past her. She anwered it and they tiptoed towards the stairs, checking if she had seen them yet. Luckily enough, she hadn't. Once upstairs he gave one of the doors a nudge hoping it would open but it wouldn't move.

"Let me try"
Offered Ryder whilst moving past Carmen going to see if he could break it down, rolling his sleeves up in prepation. He backed up a bit, getting ready to use all the strength he had to break it down. She just rolled her eyes at him spotting the key in the lock. Just as he was about to smash the wood, she'd gotten it to unlock and it flew open causing him to fall onto the carpet. "Erugh!" he cried when falling fowards.

Tyler let out a quiet cackle seeing Ryder flat on the floor. " Ry, you are so dumb. The key was right there" he dissed through his laugh. "Oh, shut up- I didn't see it" he grumpily uttered in response, getting up. "Put your sleeves up. No one wants to see your muscles" he joked. You're full of jokes, aren't you?" he flatly laughed.

Carmen ignored the boys since she had a bigger problem to deal with. "Jody?" she calls for her. The boxes were all back on the drawers and she was hiding in the corner. "Carmen!" sighed Jody with relif as she moved from her hiding spot, running to give her the biggest hug. She next gave one to Ryder too thus let go off him. "Woah,what's happened to your room?" Tyler shockingly asked, spotting the many boxes. Are you okay?" she also asked.

"Yeah. No! you took the tablet and kept it for yourself and put a book in the box!" Accused Jody. She was mad at her though she got the truth withn a few mintues. "I didn't. It was Tee" Carmem admits. "What?" she questions in slight surpise. "I have it here" she searched her handbag for the tablet, almost giving it to her. "It's no good, I'm not allowed to see you guys anymore. If Kingsley knew you were here.." she trailed off. "He wouldn't do anything. " she nicely comforted.

"Even if he did, I'd beat him up for it" Strernly Threatened Ryder with a small smirk. Carmen and Jody thought the opposite of his proud response. "No you wouldn't" they both say causing it to drop. "... I guess you're right..." he agreed. "But, there's one person I would win a fight with"

back outside ; Tee, Lily, Indigo and Quincy were watching the roads then from there a car drove up to the house. Its tyres screeched round the corner as well as music playing loudly. That could only mean one thing."Get down!" she whispered causing all of them to duck again. "This is bad" she nervously stated as it drove past.

"Why, what is it?"
Lily wondered considering her and Quincy had never seen the car before. "Because.." Indigo picked onto her nails when she begun to talk. "That's Kingsley's car" Tee finished off her sentence. That made both of them be more aware. "Phone carmen, now." she tells her and she got her mobile out of her pocket to do so.

"Okay." Carmen said to Tee when she'd gotten a call from her. "Kingsley's here." she told Jody, Ryder and Tyler whom replied with "What?" he gawked now walking to the window to have a look but he got stopped.
"Tyler, come on. You have to get out" Jody warns him as she took him away from that side of her room. "You two as well, move." she instructed to them. "We can't, Jody, he'll see us!"

"She's right. And I don't exactly feel like getting attacked by your brother" Fearfully commented Ryder as he sent a message to Quincy saying they were trapped. "Monkey!" he heard a voice say causing him to put it away, looking for somewhere to hide. With his hieght, the only good place was behind her wardobe but he had to go inside.

Jody sat on her bed once the door had opened. She secretly looked at the wardobe knowing there wasn't a lot of space in jt yet she couldn't be distracted. "Who unlocked this door?" Kingsley sternly asked her. "No one. " she lied. Carmen was hiding underneath the spacing and Tyler was in the tent. He begun to leave. "I needed the toilet" she calls out just when he came back with Luke. "One of youse idiots left the door open." he accused him.

"Haven't you punished her enough yet?"
Questioned Luke since he was looking out for his younger sister. " For thieveing me gear? losing me money." Kingsley reminded him in a mad tone."She's just a kid. " he defended her whereas he didn't agree. "She's still got to learn.We've got to be able to trust her. "

By now, Ryder had a lot of hatred that he wanted to let out. The last time he's felt that way was when a certian blond frammed him for something he didn't even do. His dad was also one of those reasons for why he sometimes had a lot anger inside him, he never got a chance to do anything about his past and it was all coming back. He held his breath trying not to blow the cover. There wasn't enough space for him and he was getting squashed.

"You can. I'll be good now, I promise."
Anxiously promised Jody whilst Luke sat next to her.

The others were still outside waiting for their friends to return from the house so they could leave. "Come on, Carmen." Worried Tee as they looked at the windows. "They should've been out by now." she claims. "Text her or Ryder. Find out what's happening." Lily instructed and she did.

Quincy had been checking her messages but she only had a few bars left on it because she forgot to charge it last night. "Wait, I wouldn't do that-" she almost got to say whereas Tee was already typing onto her screen's keyboard. "Why?" she asked before pressing send. "'Cause they're trapped inside.." she trails off, watching the text go through. "Oh, well, I'm sure that's gonna create a big disaster" she uttered whilst hugging herself to keep warm.

Indigo simply nodded in agreement. If they were in the same room then who knows what would happen to their friends. Even worse. To Jody. She hated thinking off the negative side when she should be focusing on a better solution.

"I'm sorry, I promise it won't happen again" Apologised Jody just when the text got through to Carmen's phone under the bed. That made Kingsley look around for the noise and for her to slide it across. "You've got another phone?" he questioned her whilst he picked it up. "Erm.." she hesitated, not wanting to grass on anyone. "'Are you okay?" he read. "What does that mean?" he gave another question causing her to lie again. "I don't know."

"From Tee?is that the girl at the kid's home? What have you been saying?"

"Nothing" "So why is she texting you?" "'Cause she's my friend!"

At this rate, Ryder felt like bursting out of the wardrobe to throw something at the oldest sibling. He couldn't stand being there just hiding away. He didn't learn how to fight for nothing. He somehow had to go and protect Jody but he knew it wasn't possible otherwise he'd be done for. He typed out a newer message silently, turning off the ringer as he did; wishing it would be over soon.

"I'm sick of your lying, Jodes"
Kingsley madly spoke as he moved closer however, Luke came to defence stopping him before he could do anything. "Bruv, you're scaring her." he tells him only for him to get even more mad, moving him out of the way. "You need start acting like you're apart of this family." he took ahold of the key, keeping Carmen's phone (he didn't know that).

"Okay, Kingsley, but don't lock me in"
Feared Jody as he and Luke were leaving her bedroom. "You'll come out when you learn some respect."   Kingsley then begun to close the door while she got up from the bed racing to stop him. "Don't,   Kingsley!   Kingsley!" she shouts and he just carried on with locking it again in addition to going elsewhere in the house.

Once they were all alone; Ryder pushed the wardrobe doors open letting out a sigh of relief. Never in his life did he think he'd have to hid in a crummy spacing in his teen years. The whole time he was in there he almost threw up but the good thing is, he didn't and now he needed to use the bathroom - something that was going to be impossible unless someone got them out. He instantly begun to think of a distraction.

"He won't keep us locked in here, will he?"
Carmen fearfully questioned Jody. "I don't know, he forgets I'm here. Once he left me locked up for two days" she admits to her with sadness in her voice, sliding down the door.

"What are you doing?"
Ryder asks Tyler when he saw him looking at the piled up boxes. He stepped out of the place he'd been in, going to join the darker brown haired girl and sat next to her. "Looking for a torch" he told him and he eventually found where one of them where kept. He had no idea how that was going to bring anyone's attention, although he became less confused when it got switched on.

Still hiding in the same spot; Quincy was nearly on the edge of falling asleep. She didn't know how long they've been there for but she was sure it wasn't morning anymore. It was probably the afternoon, she would check the time if she had full bars. "Guys, look!" Tee's voice stirred her awake seeing her point at where a bright light shone. "Why?"... she slowly started to ask.

"What's that supposed to be?"
Lily also asked within confusion seeing Tyler use the torch repeatedly.

"I know!"
Tee confidently claimed before she rang Elektra. "What?" she coldly answered as she was in the kitchen pouring herself some of Mike's orange juice. "It's me. I think Tyler's flashing" she squinted her eyes as she spoke.

"Excuse me?"
Freaked Elektra because she thought it meant something else. Quincy took the device off of Tee for a second. "Not that kind, love" she got more context onto the situation, whereas it wasn't in her hand anymore. "We think him and the others are trapped in the house and he's flashing us!" she explained further. "... They are, I told you" She heard Miss Greystone say in the background. She didn't know what to do so she ended up calling for Gus the expert. "GUS!" she shouts, blushing from being called Love.

◇◇☆◇☆◇☆ ◇◇☆◇☆◇☆

Time was going by and Tyler was pressing onto the button a few more times, hoping the girls would understand what the flashes meant. "Dot-Dot-Dot.." he mainly said to himself from the inside. "Flash, flash, flash." Tee says to Elektra as she watched the light go off and on. "Dash-Dash-Dash"

"Does he expect us to know what those are?"
Indigo mumbled, standing up a little to stretch her legs. It had gotten colder and she really was missing the warmth at that moment. "Ssh" Hushed Lily knowing she hates being outside longer than an hour or so.

"Flashy-Flashy-Flashy.."
Repeated Elektra, twirling one of Gus's pens. They were bow in his room going over the code. He took it off her because it was distracting. Neither of them were getting it. "I don't understand Flashy-flashes. It has to be dot dash" he informed her. "He doesn't get it."

"They don't know!"
Remarked Tee worryingly. Lily then gained an idea on how to clear things up. "Erm.. film it and send it to them." she suggests. "Okay. Hang on" her next move was to hold the device towards the window, recording the light flashes then sent the video.

Gus begun to work out the signal, writing it down. "S...O..S" he figured it out in a slow paste. He then realised what the message was. "SOS. That's the emergency signal." he said to Elektra. "Okay.." she replies unsurely. They then went to go tell Gina, who was soon on her way downtown.

Minutes later; Kingsley had retuned. He unlocked the door only to find out that he'd been lied to. "Mum says she never let you out, and this ain't your phone. I seen all the messages.. so how'd you get it? have you got a key?" he highly accused her once again. Carmen was back under the bed, Tyler and Ryder were in their hiding spots too. "No!" she exclaimed. He didn't believe her. "You're really winding me up now." he started to go through the boxes.

"No, I'm not."
Denied Jody whilst he searched the pile. "How did you open the door?" Kingsley carried on asking her. "I didn't." she gave yet another lie. "Liar!" he shouted.

"Leave her alone!"
Carmen shouts back, getting out of the spacing. "What?" Kingsley spat as Tyler and Ryder weren't hiding anymore either. "We opened the door. Jody didn't do anything." she walked up to him, handing the tablet over. "There's your missing tab" she strongly talked. "We were worried about her" she continues explaining.

"So we just turned up"
Tyler went further into the reasoning on why they were there.

"Jody didn't know"
Carmen spoke one last time, giving her a side hug within comfort. "It's true." Conformed Jody in a softly spoken tone. "So you can leave her alone now."

Tyler wasn't done speaking yet either. "And we won't say anything." he deadly convinced the older sibling. He gave a concerning look towards Ryder whom also agreed. "Yeah" he replies in a monotone way, holding back from saying something he would regret.

"Too right you won't. You breath a word of this to the law, or the social, or any of your mates down at the kid's home and she gets it. Do you understand?" Strongly threatened Kingsley. He'd had enough for one day. "Now get out." he demanded. Tyler begun to walk out whereas Carmen thought she'd be clever. "We're not leaving Jody." she determinedly mentioned. "What?" he quizzes. They were almost out. "You shouldn't lock her up." she stood up to him. "Carmen, stop being stupid! go." Jody required. "No!" she rejected, not wanting to listen. "Alright, well you stay with her then!"

Tyler wasn't listening to any of the orders either."No, we're not staying!" he disobeyed as well.

"This may be a bad time to mention it but.. I seriously need the loo"
Ryder brought up whilst he had his hand raised for better attention. He wasn't lying, he seriously needed it. "Shut up!" Carmen hushed both boys, lightly whacking their arms. He wasn't having it. "But I really, need to-" he got cut off.

"One way or another. Make up your mind" Interrupted Kingsley, standing by the entrance way. He didn't know what to say about the bathroom part. He wasn't letting anyone leave just yet.

Around ten minutes later or so Gina drove up to the house, parking at the same spot she did many days ago. "Is that Gina?" Lily questioned Tee and Indigo. "Yup" "Yeah. Go on, go!" the duo say at the same time then the four of them ran towards the black vehicle. "They're inside!" she notified when she came out, closing the doors.

"Right. Well, stay there. Stay!"
Gina advised to the four girls. She ran across the road carefully without being caught, although that didn't stop ether of them to cross it too each holding hands for safety. She pressed onto the bell causing Kingsley check who it was. "Just go!" he claims becoming extremely mad.

"It's Gina, come on!"
Rushed Carmen. Her, Tyler, and Ryder each ran out of the room with Jody attempting to run after them as well. "Mum!" shouted Kingsley in a warning way whilst he got ahold of her.

"Quick!"
Yelped Tyler around the same timing that Carmen was getting her stuff. He ran into the corridor, running down the stairs.

Ms Jackson ran to see who the surprise visitors were barely noticing the sounds of pattering feet. She didn't have a chance to open it widely because Gina barged in straight away. "Tyler! Carmen! Ryder!" she loudly shouted as she entered. "Where are they?" she crossly interrogated her. "Gina! Gina!" he calls in response, running down the last stairs. "Are you alright?" she asked him though their short hug.

"Kingsley's got Jody locked in her room. It's full of stolen gear"
Blabbed Carmen the very second they got to her.

"Right."
Notified Gina just when he came downstairs. "Yeah, trespassing they were. Making stuff up.." Begun Kingsley lying directly to her. She couldn't care less. "Just save it. You knew about this?" she suspected. Ms Jackson stayed quiet seeing as she wasn't sure on if she should own up. It wasn't like she had a choice to. "Mum, don't answer her! she's got no right to be here." He incorrectly argued. "You want to argue with me? about RIGHTS?" she full on shouted at him thus focused on Jody's mother. "You are meant to be Jody's parent."

"She's right. You're no mum to her"
Defended Luke as he moved from where he stood. "You said we'd be a proper family this time.. but we can't be... not while he's around." he reasoned with his mother. "You little.." Sneered Kingsley. "I'm not scared of you." he stuck up for himself soon as he was about get punched. "I'm only here for Jody. Soon as she's safe, I'm gone." he announced to his older brother. "Just let her go, mum. She's better off with them"

Indigo was starting to think off what would've happened if she did accept Nadine's offer on staying with her. Would it have gone smoothly? or would she have found herself in this exact situation? she wasn't sure but at least now things were getting better at a slow paste. This entire week has been an terrifying experience for her and she wouldn't want to through it again. By now, her eyes were swelling up.

"You can't take her away. She's my baby"
Ms Jackson tearfully objected although it were for the best they parted.

"Come on, Jody."
Softly spoke Gina holding her hand out for her to take. Heading down the stairs, Jody walked past her brothers taking the hold. "We'll get your things later." she confirms.

Jody looked at her mother sadly when she approached her. "Jody darling, you know I love you. Don't you?" she express within sorrow mixed with regret. "I know. and I love you too. But you don't look after me." she truthfully confronted her saying her last goodbye for a while. She let go of her arms, running to her friends gaining a group hug from everyone.

________________________________

They all arrived back at the house later in the afternoon. Entering the front door she got greeted by Mike. "Hiya, Kid, come here. You okay?" he asked within genuine concern whilst she skipped into the hallway. Gus and Elektra were there as well. "Gina showed them who's boss" Proudly boasted Tyler, taking off his coat. "I'll bet she did" he complaints, letting go off Jody.

Elektra went over to where Quincy and Ryder were, embracing them both into her arms. For the whole day she couldn't stop thinking about everybody's safety - the person she was extra worried about was her girlfriend. She would've never forgiven herself If she'd gotten hurt. He gave her a quiet 'I'm okay' in addition to moving out of the hug, rushing to the downstairs bathroom. Their's didn't last for ages either, they just held onto each other afterwards.

"I've decided we should teach everyone morse code in case of another emergency situation." Happily announces Gus while most of the kids were starting to leave the lobby.

"It's a great idea, Gus." Accepted Mike. "Lunch is on the table guys" he told the few housemates wondering off. He made a mental list to check on Indigo, Quincy and Ryder after they'd all eaten. They each looked pretty shaken up and he didn't want anyone to feel bad about themselves. "Has Rob phoned?" Gina quizzes, going to have a private talk with him. "The police are round there now. You were right" he reported.

Wanting to be alone for a few minutes, Tee went off to her room sitting on her bed facing the other way. She felt really bad for the incident, she never meant for any off it to happen. "Tee?" Jody calls, walking in with Indigo. She turned round once hearing her voice. "Jody, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."
Jody forgave Tee, her and Indigo sat by her. "It's not. This was all my fault." she kept disagreeing with her. "No it isn't. I shouldn't have taken Kingsley's stuff in the first place."

"If I'd known he was going to lock you up.."  
Tee carried on with blaming herself when it clearly wasn't any of her fault. 

"No one had any clue he was going to do something like that.  I mean, he acted shady by lying"
Indigo stopped her from anymore self blame. "The day he said there were 'family plans', stopping us from visiting.. it made me realise he just didn't want anyone seeing what went on behind closed doors" she surely ruled out.  "It really isn't your fault" she assured Tee. 

Jody agreed with Indigo's statement. Not a single person knew what was going on apart from her own mother and Luke. "Exactly. And then Carmen, Tyler and Ryder wouldn't have rescued me.  We wouldn't have had Indi using her detective skills ether. So I'm not angry." she adds onto the reasoning on why she's forgiving her.  "I'm glad you did what you did."

"Really?" 
Surprisingly questioned Tee mainly because she thought she wouldn't have forgave her. Or even stopped talking to her. "Yes. 'Cause of you two that I'm home"  sweetly admired Jody, hugging both her and Indigo for a short while. They were all glad the nightmare was over. 

Indigo eventually removed herself from the hug and got up to speak with Mike. It made her wonder why some people even have children if they weren't going to look after them properly. She knew not all adults were that way but she couldn't help it.  She went back downstairs, passing Ryder as she did.  Neither said anything while walking together - the silence was perfectly fine after the day they had.  To her surprise; Quincy seemed to be going in the same direction, also not speaking.  She was the one to knock on the door when arriving at the office. 

"Come in"
Answered Mike without looking to see whoever it may be.  The three teens walked in standing close by to one another. "Oh,I was just going to look for you guys.  Not having any lunch?" he asked.   "I'm not hungry." he got told by Indigo, her voice filled with tiredness. "Are you sure? you were gone for the whole day." he worriedly tried to convince her. "I had a waffle before we left" she honestly tells him. He wasn't too convinced by her reply although he didn't push any further. 

"..Mike?.." 
Quincy slowly begun to speak. She needed to find out something important.  "Yes, Quincy?"  he responded in question wondering what she had to say. "Would- would you be able to lift a restraining order from someone who was in prison for a few years and only got out weeks ago?" she nervously asked him, shuffling on her feet and avoiding eye contact with him.  She remembered over hearing Mariana say that somebody of the last name Madsen had returned - it sounded too familiar for her. "Say.. the person was older and had done the exact same thing as Jody's brother.." she implied which she got a stressed out look from the boy next to her.  She felt a lump form in her throat almost like the back of her mind was telling her to shut up. "I'm just asking for a friend" lie.

"Well, if your friend was in trouble and needed it to be lifted they'd probably have to go to court" 
Gina truthfully informs her. "We can't change it unless it's someone living here.  Is it anyone we may know?" she questioned. "We would be able to get the police-

"No! I- no." 
Immediately yells Quincy within complete fear. She couldn't get the police involved.. even if it was who she thought it would be. "You can't let the cops know.  Everything's been fine" she continued speaking only to speak about herself without realising. "Thanks anyway" she quickly thanked Mike and Gina, not letting either adult ask anymore questions whilst she walked out.  If the person truly did return then she wasn't safe. She needed to be living somewhere else for the time being. However, she couldn't run away like when she used to.

Gina wore a stunned look once the conversation was over. "She was talking about herself, wasn't she?" she suspected standing to the drawer where the files were kept.  Neither of them knew about the residents that joined, not like the ones who'd lived there forever. "Denis never mention a restraining order.-

"He never told anyone anything"
Interrupted Ryder in a sharp tone. "What do you mean?" Gina asked him. That was his biggest mistake. "... Nothing." he quickly says, wishing he never spoke.  She wasn't letting it slide that easily. "Ryder" she sternly said causing him to look away.  He probably should've have kept it in his brain. "Okay, look, I shouldn't even be saying this because it's not my secret-" he nearly ranted whereas Mike allowed him to continue. He glanced into the corridor, checking no one was listening. "Quincy was lying. She was asking for herself.. when we met a couple years ago before being placed in care, we were on the streets. I'd gotten kicked out by my dad 'cause my step mum couldn't handle having me there.  Never gave me reason why, he just did. I happened to be with a few people around my age at a skate park. I saw her a few times walking about or on the run. Took me a while for us to talk at first but we saw each other again then started talking.  She was on her own.  I asked where her parents were she said she didn't know. " he paused for a little bit since he hadn't mentioned his story at all. "She then told me she was staying at some guy's house.. Trevor, I think his name was.  He seemed nice at first, but I knew things weren't right.  He had his own gang, stolen possessions. He made it seem like she'd been happy at his when in reality she wasn't" he went on. "Eventually, she stopped coming to the park.  I tried phoning once in a while.. then two months later she came back only to tell me it wouldn't work out" 

"What wouldn't work out?"
Mike questions. He noticed the way Indigo became a bit uncomfortable at hearing a certain name almost as if she knew who this person may be. "Our friendship. That's when I came to realisation.  She'd been apart of the stealing although it wasn't by choice.  After that, he was never to been seen. Ever since, she's always had trust issues" Continued Ryder, not mentioning anything else.  He glanced to Gina mainly because it was a similar situation Sapphire had been in with Ferris expect it were missing a few more details. ".. Thank you for telling us. I'll make sure we get it sorted" he conformed, saving the information on a document.  "How are you doing? you look quit shaken up" he asked afterwards. 

Ryder's entire body became frozen at someone else checking on him. He wasn't used to it.  He certainly wasn't ready for a proper heart to heart yet. "Erm.. y'know, I felt kind of scared when we packed everything away and got stuck in the house. Wanted to scream and jump out to be protective. I reminded myself if I'd jumped in too early we wouldn't have gotten recused.  Made a joke to make it less terrifying.. I don't know."  he shyly admitted, looking back again. He didn't want anyone knowing how he truly felt incase somebody would make fun of him. "Turns out the fear I thought had gone, never disappeared" he expressed sadly thus went to join everybody else in the kitchen.  He plastered on his usual personality acting like he wasn't traumatised at all. 

"Indigo. You okay? you seemed pretty shocked when hearing a name, Is there something you want to tell us?" Gina asked Indigo who'd stayed behind instead. She closed Quincy's file putting it back into the drawer it belonged to.  She didn't get a chance to talk with her after returning from the hospital so now was the proper time to.  "No pressure. We're just making sure you're alright. And if it's anything we should tell Mari-

"She already knows." 
Rushed Indigo.  For her, she wasn't going to make a big deal of what happened at the arcade place during that week of having no shopping. "And, I think I'll be fine.. for now anyway.  I'm just glad Jody's home. No one should be treated badly by someone who's supposed to look out for you. Sometimes I wish we all got caring parents. Ones who don't forget we're there, or dump us for a new boyfriend. Or have kids we don't know about then claim we'll be an older sibling. I've got my own. Many of them. And I don't want anything to change. I like it this way"  she implied by using each of their different situations.  "I've come to a conclusion, When I'm sixteen - which is in a years time, I don't wanna leave this place without Tee, Carmen and Lily. They're the reason why I step out of my comfort zone so much. It's always an adventure with them.  I just hope we don't forget each other whenever one of us leaves" she truthfully yet emotionally blabbed. "I know I shouldn't be feeling this way at my age but I've gotten used to having everyone's company I just don't want to end up alone" 

"And you won't. Indi, you're going to shine once it's your turn to take over the world. Don't ever apologise for feeling that way." Surely promised Mike with a loving smile. "All of you deserve a happy ending. No matter how long it will take. You'll get it soon, don't worry"  he granted.  "Now, go have some lunch, we'll have another chat tomorrow." 

Indigo peacefully nodded at Mike's reply.  She didn't exactly feel hungry though she might as well have something to fill her up for rest of the day.  She hoped next week wouldn't be too bad, and she was also wondering how it was going for the two ex residents. If anything; she truly didn't feel comfortable with everything changing but she'll have to accept it because that's how life worked.   

As time went by she focused on finishing off her sewing she'd done previously with the material she already had. She was also spending the night with Quincy and Ryder. they were chattering away getting to know each other better.  She then forgot about the thoughts that were running in her mind, feeling  more relaxed. Later in the night she wrote in her lyric book filling up the empty pages writing about her deepest darkest feelings.  

It was eventually soon for lights out. The whole house grew quiet as the bright sky turned pitch black; the stars were shining and birds were no longer tweeting.   Her dreams were either her on a stage or living the life she wants preparing herself for anymore dangerous situations... 

15436 words.       
EDITED!    12th/13th dec 2022.

:(

This was a proper tough one to write.
Jods didn't deserve to go through all of that, no one does.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 11.6K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
1.7K 135 40
Having a crush sucks. Having a crush that is of the female gender sucks even more. Cheyenne Pearce, your typical homosexual 15-year-old 'emo' artisti...
4.6K 127 16
"You know Jody, I am trying to understand. But I just don't. Why is it such a bad thing if people know? I love you. Don't you love me?" *************...
330 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...