The Tinker

PollyPenName द्वारा

Bakugou needs some new gear. Lucky for him, a new engineer has made her way to UA-- but God, does she push hi... अधिक

Chapter 1 - New Girl
Chapter 2 - Smash
Chapter 3 - Breaking Point
Chapter 4 - Flashbang
Chapter 5 - Overnight
Chapter 6 - Tea
Chapter 7 - Mini Might
Chapter 8 - Cooked
Chapter 9 - First Aid
Chapter 10 - Measurements
Chapter 11 - Expectations
Chapter 12 - High Dive
Chapter 13 - Pancake Batter
Chapter 14 - Joyride
Chapter 15 - Jealousy
Chapter 16 - Gossip
Chapter 17 - Seven Minutes
Chapter 18 - Babybird
Chapter 19 - Patrol
Chapter 20 - The Full Story
Chapter 21 - Practical Arrangement
Chapter 22 - Networking
Chapter 23 - Self Control
Chapter 24 - Measurements II
Chapter 25 - Fairy Godmother
Chapter 26 - The Event Part I
Chapter 27 - The Event Part II
Chapter 28 - Drunk Lips
Chapter 29 - Regrets and Hangovers
Chapter 30 - Sex Talk
Chapter 31 - Ugly Photos
Chapter 32 - Roadtrip
Chapter 33 - Nightmares
Chapter 34 - Sunscreen
Chapter 35 - The Plan
Chapter 36 - Gunshot
Chapter 37 - The Little One
Chapter 38 - Whirlwind
Chapter 39 - She's Busy
Chapter 40 - Confrontation
Chapter 41 - Date with Red
Chapter 42 - Patrol II
Chapter 43 - The Onsen
Chapter 44 - Stickers & Self Care
Chapter 45 - Burning Up Part I
Chapter 46 - Burning Up Part II
Chapter 47 - The Morning After
Chapter 48 - Departure
Chapter 49 - Curiosity
Chapter 50 - The Photo
Chapter 51 - Static
Chapter 52 - First Aid II
Chapter 53 - Couch Crashing
Chapter 54 - Wet Dreams
Chapter 55 - Touch
Chapter 56 - Boyfriend
Chapter 57 - Voicemail
Chapter 58 - New Years Part I
Chapter 59 - Family Breakfast
Chapter 60 - New Years Part II
Chapter 61 - New Years Part III
Chapter 62 - New Years Part IV
Chapter 63 - New Years Part V
Chapter 64 - Family Dinner Part I
Chapter 65 - Family Dinner Part II
Chapter 66 - Family Dinner Part III
Chapter 67 - Girl Talk / Guy Talk
Chapter 68 - Surprise!
Chapter 69 - Birthday Girl
Chapter 70 - Heaven & Head
Chapter 71 - Minecraft [Extra 1]
Chapter 72 - Formalities
Chapter 73 - Lover's Quarrel
Chapter 74 - Broken Glass
Chapter 75 - Nothingness
Chapter 76 - Outgoing Call
Chapter 77 - Intervention
Chapter 78 - Man to Man
Chapter 79 - Secret Plans
Chapter 80 - Go Time
Chapter 81 - Rescue
Chapter 82 - Reunion
Chapter 83 - Crossroads
Chapter 84 - Secrets
Chapter 85 - Bad Timing
Chapter 86 - About Time
Chapter 87 - Down Payment
Chapter 88 - Be Gentle
Chapter 89 - Suburban Morning
Chapter 90 - Boarding
Chapter 91- Love Potion 13
Chapter 92 - Insatiable
Chapter 93 - Commute
Chapter 95 - Does Anybody?
Chapter 96 - Gratitude
Chapter 97 - Peter
Chapter 98 - Helping Out
Chapter 99 - Washing Up
Chapter 100 - Loose Ends
Chapter 101 - Happy Endings

Chapter 94 - Big Bad Wolf

19.4K 733 493
PollyPenName द्वारा

Bakugou fought villains and criminals for a living. How hard could it be to meet his girlfriend's family?

According to Y/N, very hard.

"...Swearing is fine. Actually, I'm gonna encourage it. It'll make my dad laugh. Don't talk shit about the Yankees... actually, don't talk about baseball. That's a whole can of worms we shouldn't open. Fuck, what else?" Y/N tapped her pencil against her list with urgency, her anxiety spilling over and making her eye twitch. "I know I'm forgetting something..."

"It can't be that bad," Bakugou muttered—but it sounded like he was trying to convince both of them and not just her.

"Um, my family's very physical. They'll probably hug you without asking. The TV stays on, my mom likes the noise—and the apartment is small. Like, really small." Y/N bit her lip. "New York is really expensive. It won't be as nice as what you're used to, it'll probably—"

"Tinkerbell."

She turned to look at him as only the sound of rain hitting the bus filled the silence. Even from just a glance he could see how nervous she was, her eyes big with worry and her fingers fidgeting with the list in her lap.

"Why're you scared?"

"I'm not scared, I just... they're a lot. I know this is like, super out of your comfort zone, and I thought a list might make it easier but..." She looked down at the list with an annoyed look. "This is just makin' it worse, huh?"

He didn't say yes or no, but responded with a firm, "Put the list away. We don't need that shit." When she looked a bit embarassed he added, "It'll be fine. Promise."

"You're right." Y/N crumbled the paper and put it in her jacket pocket. "Just paranoid is all. It's been a while since I've seen them, too." She looked past him and out the window. "They don't really know the full story."

"Which story? All For One or the Yaoroshi shit?"

"Uh... both."

"Didn't you keep in contact?"

"Of course I did," Y/N objected. "But at the same time, I didn't really wanna worry them, so I left out some of the scarier details. They never really wanted me to do hero work. My parents came around, but Sara didn't."

Bakugou frowned. That name wasn't on the list, and he was sure Y/N hadn't mentioned it before. "Sara."

"My little sister."

~~~

Sure, finding out that his girlfriend had a sibling was a little outta nowhere, but it wasn't that bad.

Right?

Y/N took a deep, shaky breath before knocking on the door. She was right– the apartment had to be quite small based on how thin the space was between this door and the next. What it lacked in width, though, it definitely make up for in height.

Almost immediately after Y/N's knock, shouting could be heard from within the building. Bakugou couldn't quite make out the muffled words but the volume made him jump a bit. The situation he was in finally seemed to hit him; in a few moments, he was going to meet Y/N's parents.

Shit. What was he wearing? Had he done his hair?

Before Bakugou was able to ask himself another anxiety induced question, the door whipped open.

There were maybe 5 or so seconds of dead silence as the man at the door stared at him. He had the same hair color as Y/N, but a sharper jaw and nose, and he wore a very oversized Yankees jersey.

Then the door slammed shut.

Katsuki was completely bewildered. Had they gotten the wrong house?

Y/N curled her hand into a fist and smashed it against the door loudly. "Dad, you asshole! Open the door now!"

"What's the password?"

When another moment of silence passed, Bakugou was pretty sure that Y/N didn't know the password, but the look on her face was... embarassment? "Seriously? I have a guest. You're being rude to your guest. Open the damn door."

"No password, no entry."

Y/N yelled and slammed her fist against the door again. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!"

Bakugou heard a chuckle from the other side of the door, and Y/N's dad spoke again– "C'mon, kiddo, just once."

She backed up from the door but didn't turn to look at Bakugou when she muttered, "You heard of the three little pigs?"

"Uhh... the story with the wolf?"

"Uh huh."

"Yeah, I know it."

Y/N pursed her lips. "After my quirk appeared, I threatened to blow down a door one time, and now my dad makes me pretend to be the big bad wolf when I knock."

Katsuki was only able to hold in his laughter for about 4 seconds before he couldn't help it anymore and it ripped from his throat. He clamped a hand over his mouth but it was too late.

Y/N punched his shoulder in embarassed anger, and they heard from the other side of the door, "Funny, right? I keep tellin' her."

"Just fucking let me in."

"Or what?"

Y/N closed her eyes and sighed in defeat. "Or I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in." This had to be a new low for her, saying that in front of Bakugou; especially as he continued to laugh at her.

The door opened once again, and this time the man was beaming at them. "There she is! So glad you could make it!" His arm shot out and yanked Y/N in for a rather aggressive hug, planting a kiss on the top of her head and pretending the previous few minutes hadn't happened. "Took you long enough. A whole year, Y/N? Really?"

"Sorry, next time I'll reschedule my fucking abduction."

When Y/N's dad laughed, it seemed to boom throughout the whole street and Katsuki almost jumped. At least he knew where she got her volume from. The man looked back at Bakugou with kind eyes. "Come on in, kiddo. You like Mexican food? My friend brought us some leftovers yesterday." Katsuki wasn't sure how he felt about being called kiddo, but from this man it felt... nice?

"Leo?" Y/N asked. "He drove us here. Threatened to scalp Katsuki, too."

"Ah. 'M afraid that's my doing... told him to scare off any men around you, but forgot to let him know that boyfriends don't get scalped." The way he said 'boyfriends' was sing-songy, clearly meant to tease and embarrass Y/N. He reached his hand out to Katsuki. "I'm Milo, but you can also call me little pig if you want."

Okay, maybe he was kind of funny. Funny enough to make a small smile form in the corner of Katsuki's mouth at least. "Bakugou." He took Milo's hand and shook it, a bit surprised at how strong the man's grip was.

"Get in here, your mom is gonna flip her shit when she sees you. You too, kiddo."

They were both ushered inside.

The first thing Katsuki noticed was the smell: Coffee and vanilla, the two scents he so often associated with Y/N, but in this setting it was so much more powerful.

It was indeed quite small. A round dining table was at the center of the room, and along the left wall was the kitchen– a small area with counters, a sink, and an oven, but very little operating space. To the right of the table was a small sofa and an old TV with a door to the side of it; one of the bedrooms, Katsuki presumed. On the sofa sat a young girl, maybe 16, shooting him the glare of a lifetime.

Sara, He thought. That had to be her.

"Who is he?" The young girl spat.

Milo pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sara, we talked about this. This is Bakugou, Y/N's boyfriend." When Sara didn't respond, he continued. "And if you don't hug your sister you're sleeping on the balcony with that stupid cat."

"I like the cat."

"Hug your damn sister."

Sara got off the couch with an angry huff and waltzed towards her older sibling. Despite the show she'd put on, it did seem like she wanted to hug her; the embrace was long and Y/N held her tightly. "You done being a brat now? I missed you," Y/N scolded.

The younger sibling (who Bakugou was realizing looked scarily similar to Y/N, just a young teen version with longer hair) tilted her head back to look up at her sister and brushed a hand along her new scar. "Who did this to you? A criminal, or one of those fucking heroes?" The last word was said with so much venom it almost made Bakugou recoil.

Okay, so Y/N wasn't being dramatic when she said Sara didn't like heroes.

Y/N sighed. "Can we not argue while I'm here?"

The hug only ended when the bedroom door opened and a woman stepped out. Once again, the woman looked almost identical to Y/N, but her hair was a different color. "Oh, my baby is finally home!" The woman cried, at Y/N's side in less that a second and showering the top of her head with kisses.

As Sara pulled away to make room for her mom, she turned to Bakugou, looking him up and down before glaring into his eyes again. Bakugou didn't shy away from the glare, he only stared. He wasn't stupid. He recognized that Sara was trying to intimidate him.

How many boys– no, how many heroes– had wronged Y/N and made Sara this apprehensive of him?

"And you, you're so handsome! You've gotta be Bakugou," The woman gushed, pulling him in for a warm hug. "I'm Rachel. I'm so glad you two made it. Are you hungry? Leo left us some food, I was about to heat it up for dinner. How was your flight? Did you get enough sleep? Are you–"

"Rachel, my love," Milo interrupted gently.

"You're right, you're right... I'm just so excited you're..." Rachel's sentence trailed off when she let go of Katsuki and looked at Y/N. "...Y/N, what happened?"

"Oh, this?" Y/N said, clearly trying to play off the severity of her facial scar. "Barely notice it anymore."

"Y/N," Rachel implored. "Baby, are you okay? It looks serious. Was this from the incident with... All For One?" She enunciated his name oddly, as if she'd never said it out loud before. "Your beautiful face..."

"Still beautiful." The words came out of Bakugou's mouth before he could stop himself, and when everyone turned to stare at him he looked away and pretended he hadn't said a word.

Sara eyed him quizzically.

"Definitely," Milo said. "Always will be. Plus, scars are cool! Hopefully it'll scare away some of the media."

"Are you kidding?" Sarah muttered. "They'll go nuts with their stupid theories if they see it. It'll be a hay day for them."

Y/N seemed to be getting agitated. "It's fine. It's really not a big deal as long as I can still use my damn eye. Can we drop it now?"

"Of course," Milo said. It came out in an apologetic tone. "Tell us about how you met, huh?"

Bakugou and Y/N looked at each other with a grimace. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

8K 87 12
Fem. reader x Katsuki Bakugo My Hero Academia Fanfic ✨✨✨ (Y/n) wants more than anything to become a hero. But, she knows how hard it will be because...
458K 9.3K 57
A chaotic love story between an independent girl and an independent boy who decided to spend their lives together. "You eat that shit?" Bakugo asks l...
26K 808 46
It's been 10 years since they graduated from UA, and their reunion is just around the corner. Ochako has been working harder than ever making quite t...
3K 37 18
*Complete but rewriting* *She/her* A new year at U.A., the start of an unexpected great journey for soon-to-be students of 1-A. Joining them th...